New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

Ooh, that's a nice piece. Impressive too, considering it nicely fits a character that's only been in three pages.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Despite everything, its still me.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    Okay, there's no way that's not made from Kirby soundfonts. Or at least made to imitate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So, what do you think Rosemaster's favor will be? An agreement for Nightmare Knight to "block" "divine intervention"?

6. - Top - End - #156

That's what it looks like. But she's being smart about it, trying to guilt him into it rather than explicitly asking him.
    Last edited by Muenster Man; 2014-08-24 at 09:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Fun fact: Gigi occasionaly holds streams in which she draws the next page.

Like this new page.

Spoiler
    Show
    This isnt going to be a completly happy chapter.
    Despite everything, its still me.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been enjoying these last few pages a lot. I would totally read a comic all about Nautilus and Liquus!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Poor Cucumber. The one contestant with the power to take on all the others at once, and the one least likely to use it.

Personally, I think the contestant that only shows up in the background, the one we are apparently supposed to forget, is the one most likely to steal the show. "Marigold" was it?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Man, someone should ask Jenna Moran and Gigi to do a Dreamside sourcebook for Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally gave up and read the comic. Loved it start to present. Interesting use of childish simplicity and trope lampshading masking a deeper and probably much more complex mystery. Most of the speculation I have has been brought up already, although I'm a tad confused when the party got split in this chapter. I thought they were all together after the sun incident?

Also: Peridot is adorably crushing. Hopefully dad doesn't become a new castle decoration. Way to ruin a perfectly good one-liner.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone else is confused too - it was even mentioned in gigi's Tumblr before she went on indefinite Tumblr hiatus. Someone asked whether the rest of the group should have noticed the split - she said yes with no elaboration.

Current theory is it's something Rosemaster did, possibly pheromone-based. This is backed up on 540 with Rosemaster's reaction to Nautilus thinking her friends are worried.

Incidentally - look at page 535 again with the knowledge that Marigold is Peridot. That reaction...

(also, you can see a bit of her hair under the wig on 535 and 547, and her ears are square - surprised nobody noticed.)
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danelsan View Post
    Man, someone should ask Jenna Moran and Gigi to do a Dreamside sourcebook for Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine
    I would buy that so hard.

I would buy that so hard I would end up owning fifty copies.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

These two are amazing!
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Such a fierce enmity XD

16. - Top - End - #166

The enormous smiles while they fight.^^

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

This comic is hyper adorable!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

So I finally got around to reading this comic and boy am I sorry I left it this long. The current showdown between Almond and Peridot is totes adorbz.
    Truth resists simplicity.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Man this really is Paper Mario. I'm getting a Doopliss vibe from that exposition on this page.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Man this really is Paper Mario. I'm getting a Doopliss vibe from that exposition on this page.
    What exposition? This is page 562, right?
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    What exposition? This is page 562, right?
    "Having bested the competition, Almond set out to retrieve her prize, the coveted trophy."
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    "Having bested the competition, Almond set out to retrieve her prize, the coveted trophy."
    Oh. Well, now the question becomes "why does that feel like Doopliss?"

Am I forgetting something from that bit? I thought the fake fight went more or less as normal there - it only got odd after, right?
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Two-page update!
    Did Cucu really "approach"? Looks like NK was the one to show up.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting. Anyone remembers when/where he found that wand ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2015-01-09 at 05:55 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Interesting. Anyone remembers when/where he found that wand ?
    Saturday's Tower
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Huh, again?
    I'm dying to know what is up with all these apparent time-skips. Hopefully, soon it will start making some sense.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danelsan View Post
    Huh, again?
    I'm dying to know what is up with all these apparent time-skips. Hopefully, soon it will start making some sense.
    What do you mean, time-skips? Things are just happening in more than one place at the same time. Different scene.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    What do you mean, time-skips? Things are just happening in more than one place at the same time. Different scene.
    Time-skip is probably not the best term (in my defense I was really tired I when I wrote that ). I mean the strange transitions from 536-537, with Princess Nautilus disappearing without anybody noticing (plus Nautilus disappearing from the Characters Page and Gigi acting like such a character never existed in the comic), and 561-562, in which Almond herself start noticing something weird going on before Carrot got her attention.

Hmm...now that I take a look at that and the last panel on 540, I guess it might imply memory manipulation instead.
    Last edited by danelsan; 2015-01-30 at 05:55 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

g̼-ͬG̖LͅI͂tͅC̯H̩c͘h̵-͔C̦Hͯ ̇M̾A̦-͓sͩT̽EͮR͘t̖e᷁r͞T̎E̱Rͦ ̒k̻i͊N͇Ḑä́ ̪C̏R͏E̴E̷-ͥe͜-͊E̡p͒ş ͟m̽-̃M̥-̧M̏E͒ ̭O᷿U᷊t̊-͚tͧ-̳TͧT̝

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder if the "accessory" has something to do with Cuco's wand?
    My Homebrew