New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

Given the way Cucumber is flipping out and Almond doesn't remember her... those are not the main party. Probalby doppelgänger of sorts. >_>
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Given the way Cucumber is flipping out and Almond doesn't remember her... those are not the main party. Probalby doppelgänger of sorts. >_>
    Nope! You've missed a lot, haven't you.

Also, any halfway-competent doppelganger, on being approached by people who claim to recognize them, would follow along and try to figure out the relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Nope! You've missed a lot, haven't you.

Also, any halfway-competent doppelganger, on being approached by people who claim to recognize them, would follow along and try to figure out the relationship.
    Like what? Right now I don't get either of those reactions.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Like what? Right now I don't get either of those reactions.
    More memory manipulation, which now we can probably assume is done through some kind of sympathetic plant-magic.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

This comic should hopefully quell any lingering confusion about Peridot being in lesbians with Almond.

Hopefully.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    This comic should hopefully quell any lingering confusion about Peridot being in lesbians with Almond.

Hopefully.
    Quell it in what direction, do you think it confirms or denies it? Also that sentence is weird.^^

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Hopefully.
    The word you're avoiding for some reason is "love."
    Or possibly "has a crush on" if you also replace the words on either side. Hard to tell the depth.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

The word you're avoiding for some reason is "love."
    Or possibly "has a crush on" if you also replace the words on either side. Hard to tell the depth.
    It is a Scott Pilgrim reference. For the funnies.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Iunno about "crush" or "being in lesbians" with her. I think she's more looking for someone to play and be friends with. And Almond looks like just the right person for that. ;P
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

The author has explicitly stated Peridot has a crush on Almond.

Four years ago.

People still argue about it.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Four years ago.

The question is does Almond reciprocate. I'd say probably, but this last interaction smells of reality tampering.

What happened to glitch?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    The question is does Almond reciprocate. I'd say probably, but this last interaction smells of reality tampering.

What happened to glitch?
    Almond is pretty reciprocatey, I think.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Since the beginning of this chapter, the characters have been having their memories messed with. Check out the character page - Princess Nautilus has been missing for months. Nobody noticed she wasn't with them because nobody remembers she exists.

Peridot has been deleted from the cast page recently, too. So no one remembers her either.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Four years ago.

Huh, fancy that. I guess that solves that angle then. :)
    (tumblr... who the Gen checks that.)

Also, yes, there's some serious memory-editing going on here.
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2015-05-17 at 09:08 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Peridot has been deleted from the cast page recently, too. So no one remembers her either.
    Hm. Glitchmaster is a powerful one if it (she?) can glitch the reality.

Or is that Rosemaster, hmm?
    Last edited by -D-; 2015-05-18 at 01:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. Glitchmaster is a powerful one if it (she?) can glitch the reality.

Or is that Rosemaster, hmm?
    Yes, it's Rosemaster. Nearly every other page has been giving increasingly blunt hints. Did you miss the whole thing with the flowers that match people's names? Here, Gigi even did half a dozen reminders as a cheat sheet.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, it's Rosemaster. Nearly every other page has been giving increasingly blunt hints. Did you miss the whole thing with the flowers that match people's names? Here, Gigi even did half a dozen reminders as a cheat sheet.
    Hm, interesting summary. I assumed Glitchmaster had better mastery over memory and reality than Rosemaster.

Anyway, I doubt Glitchmaster is defeated.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

So, is this going to:

• break the spell
    • have no effect because the magic sticks around inside the peridot
    • Almost have no effect (see above) but remind Almond by sort of going around the spell (remembering the stone even without the person)
    • Turn everyone named after a flower into peridot
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

That is actually quite useful. I forgot most of that stuff, meaning I didn't put followup things together when they appeared. >_>
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2015-05-18 at 11:12 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

So, is this going to:

• break the spell
    • have no effect because the magic sticks around inside the peridot
    • Almost have no effect (see above) but remind Almond by sort of going around the spell (remembering the stone even without the person)
    • Turn everyone named after a flower into peridot
    • Rename all characters to Peridot

Wanted to note, I assumed that Rosemaster's ability is yet to be used. It didn't occur to me it was being used constantly.
    Last edited by -D-; 2015-05-18 at 03:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

So it seems to be breaking the spell.
    Also I just realised that for her plan to hold water, Rosemaster had to be able to bewitch the entire population of the kingdom. (which she apparently did given that everyone seems to be confused). That's ... petty impressive.

(Though Truth be told, I kinda liked the idea of the 'kingdom' without king and princesses where the princess is decided through a fashion contest better than the reveal we got)

Also, Peridot single handedly ruined a disaster master plan, Cordelia and the nightmare knight weren't goin along so well already ...
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2015-05-25 at 07:24 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Dammit Rosemaster. You changed your gender to female, only to start taking steroids again.

Make up your mind, jeez ;p
    You're asking for your endocrine system to go haywire.

Note: this post is a joke referring to Mega sized Rosemaster.
    Last edited by -D-; 2015-05-27 at 05:15 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Being a "hero" isn't quite all it's cracked up to be, is it Almond?

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    Being a "hero" isn't quite all it's cracked up to be, is it Almond?
    Tell that to Carrot.

25. - Top - End - #235

RedWizardGuy

Tell that to Carrot.
    Carrot isn't the one that wanted and caused it.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    Carrot isn't the one that wanted and caused it.
    True. But he refers to himself a knight.

He's more like Brave Sir Carrot.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh wow. That's just dark. I liked Thornmaster before, but now.... . Help us Nightmare Knight, you are our only hope!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Oh wow. That's just dark. I liked Thornmaster before, but now.... . Help us Nightmare Knight, you are our only hope!
    Rosemaster, not Thornmaster.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #239

NecromancerGuy

I think you're allowed to not give a **** if you're facing down a villain.

Boo! Hiss! Go away Thornmaster!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
    I think you're allowed to not give a **** if you're facing down a villain.

Boo! Hiss! Go away Thornmaster!
    Woah! That's completely out of line! Would you call someone a racial slur if they're a villian? Reffering to someone by their correct gender is not some special priviledge we extend them as long as they please us, it's just common decency. There's nothing wrong with hating her for her actions, deliberately misgendering someone is still transphobia.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!