New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 8: Adventures! Thrills! Groceries!

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Another shriek, and a wardrobe comes flying across the room at her! Seems to be moving pretty fast, too... Probably best to not be there when it hits, unless her shield can block it.

Getting splattered across a wall would be a terrible way to finish her heroing career.
    Luxia rolls out of the way, and fires a beam of light at the wardrobe, hoping to destroy it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Luxia rolls out of the way, and fires a beam of light at the wardrobe, hoping to destroy it.
    It's not destroyed, but it is rather damaged!

Of course, while she was focusing on the wardrobe, the undead girl was getting into position, and Luxia just might end up with a face that is full of claws...

3. - Top - End - #273

It's not destroyed, but it is rather damaged!

Of course, while she was focusing on the wardrobe, the undead girl was getting into position, and Luxia just might end up with a face that is full of claws...
    Faceful of claws!
    The undead girl will be punched with a fist covered in weakly divine light!

((Bops to Trog's))
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Faceful of claws!
    The undead girl will be punched with a fist covered in weakly divine light!

((Bops to Trog's))
    The undead girl hisses in pain... And tries to chomp down on her wrist.

Should it strike, she'll have... More than just the issues from the claws, to say the least; much like the girl downstairs, Luxia ought to start wasting away far too rapidly in such a case.

5. - Top - End - #275

The undead girl hisses in pain... And tries to chomp down on her wrist.

Should it strike, she'll have... More than just the issues from the claws, to say the least; much like the girl downstairs, Luxia ought to start wasting away far too rapidly in such a case.
    The light on her fist turns solid, and the undead girl may find the Divine Fist punch her teeth!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

The light on her fist turns solid, and the undead girl may find the Divine Fist punch her teeth!
    The undead girl keens as it smashes into her mouth, but tries to keep a grip on the light, despite it burning her, and, if she can, sinks her claws into Luxia's shoulder, getting them as deep as she can before trying to simply rip a chunk out of her.

(Is she affected by the problems with vision and loss of voice?)

7. - Top - End - #277

The undead girl keens as it smashes into her mouth, but tries to keep a grip on the light, despite it burning her, and, if she can, sinks her claws into Luxia's shoulder, getting them as deep as she can before trying to simply rip a chunk out of her.

(Is she affected by the problems with vision and loss of voice?)
    Luxia is clawed, and loses a small chunk of her shoulder!
    She would cry out in spin, but...
    Luxia flails wildly with her other hand at the undead, as the Divine Fist begins to crack!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Luxia is clawed, and loses a small chunk of her shoulder!
    She would cry out in spin, but...
    Luxia flails wildly with her other hand at the undead, as the Divine Fist begins to crack!
    The undead blocks the blow with surprising strength, trying to grab hold of Luxia's wrist as she does; she also keeps clawing at the wound in Luxia's shoulder, trying to force her jaws shut on the Divine Fist as it shows signs of weakening.

9. - Top - End - #279

The undead blocks the blow with surprising strength, trying to grab hold of Luxia's wrist as she does; she also keeps clawing at the wound in Luxia's shoulder, trying to force her jaws shut on the Divine Fist as it shows signs of weakening.
    Luxia's wound is increased!
    Luxia focuses, and a burst of divine light radiates from her body.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-12-31 at 11:18 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Luxia's wound is increased!
    Luxia focuses, and a burst of divine light radiates from her body.
    The undead falls back, scrabbling wildly at Luxia with her claws to try to remain upright! It seems the damage she's been doing has finally paid off, or at least is starting to.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-12-31 at 11:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281

The undead falls back, scrabbling wildly at Luxia with her claws to try to remain upright!
    The undead will scratch Luxia a few times, who flails wildly with her fists as she is clawed.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

The undead will scratch Luxia a few times, who flails wildly with her fists as she is clawed.
    The undead girl screeches as she's beaten, dust trying to force itself into Luxia's mouth, in the hopes of choking her; whether or not it works, the undead girl explodes in a cloud of dust a moment later, then reappears behind the Faunus (I think?).

13. - Top - End - #283

The undead girl screeches as she's beaten, dust trying to force itself into Luxia's mouth, in the hopes of choking her; whether or not it works, the undead girl explodes in a cloud of dust a moment later, then reappears behind the Faunus (I think?).
    Lucia gags, before spitting out the dust.
    She's a faunus.
    If reappearing causes sound, Luxia will hear it and get ready to fight.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucia gags, before spitting out the dust.
    She's a faunus.
    If reappearing causes sound, Luxia will hear it and get ready to fight.
    Other than the noises of swirling dust (quite prevalent, given dust-storm in here), nope, not really.

Either way, though, the undead girl attempts to leap onto Luxia's back and sink her teeth into the mortal's neck!

15. - Top - End - #285

Other than the noises of swirling dust (quite prevalent, given dust-storm in here), nope, not really.

Either way, though, the undead girl attempts to leap onto Luxia's back and sink her teeth into the mortal's neck!
    Luxia turns to the girl, and creates a hardlight shield to stop the girl, and tries to slam the girl into a wall by pushing away the shield if she slams into it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Luxia turns to the girl, and creates a hardlight shield to stop the girl, and tries to slam the girl into a wall by pushing away the shield if she slams into it.
    She doesn't slam, as such, instead trying to jump off of it, skittering up the walls and onto the cieling like some sort of deranged spider-thing if she succeeds, a wave of dust trying to sweep Luxia off her feet and bury her as she does.

If that works, the child drops almost noiselessly into the knee-high dust, staying prone as she maneuvers to try to avoid detection, her passage causing barely a ripple.

17. - Top - End - #287

She doesn't slam, as such, instead trying to jump off of it, skittering up the walls and onto the cieling like some sort of deranged spider-thing if she succeeds, a wave of dust trying to sweep Luxia off her feet and bury her as she does.

If that works, the child drops almost noiselessly into the knee-high dust, staying prone as she maneuvers to try to avoid detection, her passage causing barely a ripple.
    Lucia slams the shield into the wall as the girl springs off of it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucia slams the shield into the wall as the girl springs off of it.
    The girl loses a few toes, but is otherwise unharmed, then! Though it does make her tumble into the dust instead of getting to the wall...

Seems like she's down for a moment after that.

19. - Top - End - #289

The girl loses a few toes, but is otherwise unharmed, then! Though it does make her tumble into the dust instead of getting to the wall...

Seems like she's down for a moment after that.
    Luxia continues her assault, blasting the dust with a blast of divine light.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Luxia continues her assault, blasting the dust with a blast of divine light.
    As the undead girl is blasted, a pair of solid bars of dust shoot towards Luxia's knees, trying to shatter them, or at least knock her down, to give her a chance to recover.

21. - Top - End - #291

As the undead girl is blasted, a pair of solid bars of dust shoot towards Luxia's knees, trying to shatter them, or at least knock her down, to give her a chance to recover.
    Lucia is knocked prone!
    She blasts another beam at the pile.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucia is knocked prone!
    She blasts another beam at the pile.
    The undead girl is hit again, and seems close to being defeated, judging by the slowness of her movements, but Luxia may find herself knocked silly for a bit by another dust-bar, this one aimed for the side of her head!

23. - Top - End - #293

The undead girl is hit again, and seems close to being defeated, judging by the slowness of her movements, but Luxia may find herself knocked silly for a bit by another dust-bar, this one aimed for the side of her head!
    Luxia is knocked down!
    She is stunned and can't really react right now'
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Luxia is knocked down!
    She is stunned and can't really react right now'
    The undead girl struggles to her feet, cracks in her skeleton starting to heal now that she's no longer taking damage, and rushes Luxia, trying to get a bite in on her leg, as dust-bars attempt to pummel the unfortunate Faunus as a distraction.

25. - Top - End - #295

The undead girl struggles to her feet, cracks in her skeleton starting to heal now that she's no longer taking damage, and rushes Luxia, trying to get a bite in on her leg, as dust-bars attempt to pummel the unfortunate Faunus as a distraction.
    Luxia sends a very powerful blast of divine light at the girl as she charges, before collapsing and being pummeled by dust bars.

(It's still your turn @ Trog's...)
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Luxia sends a very powerful blast of divine light at the girl as she charges, before collapsing and being pummeled by dust bars.

(It's still your turn @ Trog's...)
    The dust bars cease their pummeling, as the girl collapses back into a heap of clothes and a skull!

(Sorry, let me go put up the new thread...)

27. - Top - End - #297

The dust bars cease their pummeling, as the girl collapses back into a heap of clothes and a skull!

(Sorry, let me go put up the new thread...)
    Luxia still collapses, and afterwards descends down carrying g the bundle and skull.
    If she can talk now, she'll announce
    Fixed your undead problem!
    She seems extremely exhausted, and her uniform is in tatters.
    Except for her hat and mask. Those are invincible.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Luxia still collapses, and afterwards descends down carrying g the bundle and skull.
    If she can talk now, she'll announce
    Fixed your undead problem!
    She seems extremely exhausted, and her uniform is in tatters.
    Except for her hat and mask. Those are invincible.
    She can't! Nor is the girl, or her vision, back to normal... Though she isn't actively wasting away anymore, at least, so the Faunus did manage to help.

On the other hand, she looks much worse than she did before, too. Maybe... That's where the healing it was using came from? Still, it's got to be better for her to have ended up like this than the alternative, and it's not like Luxia didn't do her best to end things as quickly as possible... Right?

29. - Top - End - #299

She can't! Nor is the girl, or her vision, back to normal... Though she isn't actively wasting away anymore, at least, so the Faunus did manage to help.

On the other hand, she looks much worse than she did before, too. Maybe... That's where the healing it was using came from? Still, it's got to be better for her to have ended up like this than the alternative, and it's not like Luxia didn't do her best to end things as quickly as possible... Right?
    Well then... Luxia blindly falls down the stairs!
    The girl should hear that.

...... The non-undead one!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [House of Petals]

Riki springs up into the air, scales falling away to reveal a slithering draconic form, all red and orange and having less of a cross-sectional area but still getting stabbed through with a vinespear and careening wildly about the hall.

Well, you really can't rush a proper rescue.
    On a roll now, Kusu starts spewing bullet-seeds and vinespears at Riki madly, Seiner trying to stand up behind her.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show