New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 8: Adventures! Thrills! Groceries!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Well for starters, the baby-eating rumor is completely false. I have no idea how that one got started, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the same goblin who said I was one of his species. Anything else that sounds ridiculous and/or impossible is probably true, though."

Up to and including wearing women's clothing, now that that bizarre trip to AMEN and back has come and gone. Funny Magtok should mention the baby thing first, though. Is that really the worst of the rumors surrounding our cyborg, or just the one that sounds the most plausible?
    [Movie Madness]

"Well don't worry. I figured that one was just people being weird." People do that a lot! Why make up such ridiculous stories about someone? "So everything else is true, huh? Even the dozen of ant kids you apparently have up on your moon nursery?" That one's up their on the absurdity levels, she thinks.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    Marcy's attacks will hit an invisible wall right where the bullets are hovering. The soul gem has no appreciable effect.

"Afraid not. I'm not even all here. I just have a little sliver of my soul sitting inside Harald's. I'm protected by him, and his soul is anchored to mine which is in turn anchored to my greater self. There is no way in the world Harald's soul or mine could be taken from their vessels."
    Oh.

Well this is beginning to be a problem. It appears Harald/Demon is completely and utterly invincible. But, seeing as it's, like, incorporeal and seems to only really effect humans.

Well. That means Marciano is going to just walk around him. He'll pick up his soul gem and his gun, and aim the weapon at Harald. He doesn't fire, no need to waste ammo. He'll attempt to just continue deeper into the base in search of more loot to plunder. Oh. Um. Kay. Well.... I'm gonna go and continue my work. Sooo. Just letting you know, there are five very powerful guys coming up here soon... Sooooo. I'd suggest, like, running. I at least don't care if you're alive or not. Soo... Good luck, bro. I guess.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-12-10 at 04:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Movie Madness

"Two kids, and I don't actually have any facilities on the moon because space is huge and expensive and terrifying to work with. The nuking it thing alone was like half the budget for that year."

The first and last time Magtok would have a stockpile of nukes, too. That's enough of that subject, though. Let's get off this road before Magtok bumps into an embarrassing rumor he can't prove false.

"So...you're, what, some kind of Poison Ivy sort of person for this? Trying to take over the world with doom-flowers and devilweeds?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Oh.

Well this is beginning to be a problem. It appears Harald/Demon is completely and utterly invincible. But, seeing as it's, like, incorporeal and seems to only really effect humans.

Well. That means Marciano is going to just walk around him. He'll pick up his soul gem and his gun, and aim the weapon at Harald. He doesn't fire, no need to waste ammo. He'll attempt to just continue deeper into the base in search of more loot to plunder. Oh. Um. Kay. Well.... I'm gonna go and continue my work. Sooo. Just letting you know, there are five very powerful guys coming up here soon... Sooooo. I'd suggest, like, running. I at least don't care if you're alive or not. Soo... Good luck, bro. I guess.
    Not invincible. Just very strong.

"I don't plan on staying here. I was on my way to the exit. I just finished the final sabotage. You might want to make your "work" quick."

He grins, and walks off towards the teleporter room.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Not invincible. Just very strong.

"I don't plan on staying here. I was on my way to the exit. I just finished the final sabotage. You might want to make your "work" quick."

He grins, and walks off towards the teleporter room.
    Marciano smiles politely before moving forward into the place, now running to the nearest doors to quickly either shoot any enemies, or grab anything that looks even remotely valuable.

He'll rush by him before just giving a bit of advice. Take some stuff with you. Some cash, some weapons, find a good place to hide. Don't come out of hiding for a long time. I survived, you can too. I'm not your friend, but I've been where you are, it sucks. Don't... Like.. eat a priest or something. Um. Bye.

He moves forward.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Movie Madness

"Two kids, and I don't actually have any facilities on the moon because space is huge and expensive and terrifying to work with. The nuking it thing alone was like half the budget for that year."

The first and last time Magtok would have a stockpile of nukes, too. That's enough of that subject, though. Let's get off this road before Magtok bumps into an embarrassing rumor he can't prove false.

"So...you're, what, some kind of Poison Ivy sort of person for this? Trying to take over the world with doom-flowers and devilweeds?"
    [Movie Madness]

"Well something like that. There's more to it than tha-" Sakura starts to explain, but then she's interrupted.

"Our tragic villainess was a peaceful, caring woman before terrible fate struck. A loving mother who's children were torn away from her. She refused to simply fall into despair, but a madness stole over her. She would have her children back, though, at whatever cost." Harry stows away his phone and moves back over to them as he speaks. "I really can't do what the writers came up with justice, though. We have the nature versus machine angle as a sub-theme, but the main idea is grabbing that madonna archetype and giving it a nasty twist."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

Movie Madness

"Please tell me I don't trigger this by eating babies." Something of a sensitive subject for our cyborg, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marciano smiles politely before moving forward into the place, now running to the nearest doors to quickly either shoot any enemies, or grab anything that looks even remotely valuable.

He'll rush by him before just giving a bit of advice. Take some stuff with you. Some cash, some weapons, find a good place to hide. Don't come out of hiding for a long time. I survived, you can too. I'm not your friend, but I've been where you are, it sucks. Don't... Like.. eat a priest or something. Um. Bye.

He moves forward.
    Namaar's voice follows him, even though the demon itself is heading for the teleporter room.

"You misunderstand. I am very happy where I am. I'm going to be seen as evil no matter what, so I might as well enjoy it. And that starts with the overloading fusion reactor at the heart of this station. Three minutes, Marciano."

And the teleporters activate.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [House of Petals]
    The vine-spears are cut; Kusu kicks off and glides backward, scattering flower petals with a graceful twirl.
    Should the invisiwoozle touch one of the petals drifting in the air, it will explode. A little explosion, like a little firecracker.
    [House of Petals]

Riki grabs up a vine-spear in her right hand if they remain there after being cut, waving it about and testing its strength and flexiness. Then, if it be there, she throws it back at Kusu.

Meanwhile, two little petal detonations ring out, followed by a quiet curse and a scampering away invisiwoozle.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

[House of Petals]
    After cutting, they unfortunately fall to bits, so there's nothing much to throw.
    Facing Riki, Kusu inhales and spits out a spray of what seem to be sunflower seeds. Given her track record, they're probably a lot less pleasant than sunflower seeds, given that they're moving at projectile speeds.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Namaar's voice follows him, even though the demon itself is heading for the teleporter room.

"You misunderstand. I am very happy where I am. I'm going to be seen as evil no matter what, so I might as well enjoy it. And that starts with the overloading fusion reactor at the heart of this station. Three minutes, Marciano."

And the teleporters activate.
    Marcy ignores the demon. That sounded like an incredibly stupid plan most likely to get the demon murdered or horribly swarmed by enemies. Marciano knew how it happened.

Upon hearing about the fusion reactor, and then doing some mathwork in his head, he realizes that if the supertech goes off, there's gonna be a really big boom. Like, wipe out everything boom. Which he doesnt want. Wait. This was his way to prove his good intentions! Ahah!

He turns on the video recorder mode in his eye and runs forward, trying to move towards the fusion reactor. There had to be a way to deactivate the countdown!
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-12-12 at 02:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

[House of Petals]
    (Sorry for being unposting for so long))
    They're probably porcelain replicas hand-painted by underpaid migrant workers and carefully sharpened to stabby points. That would be just like the fangire queen.
    Riki whirls about with her sword held flat, in an impossibly fast loop, trying to strike half of the seeds out of the air, jump over the remainder, twist about so they pass underneath her and whack them to the ground before they hit Circe.
    Probably the most implausible thing she's done here.

Meanwhile, a small invisible metal ball is thrown at the Queen. Less heavy than a shotput, but more heavy than a large fishing weight.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

[House of Petals]
    She... actually does manage all of that. Good job!
    Though if her landing brings her to end up with her back to Kusu (which my imagination has it doing, but I may be wrong) the Queen will let loose a second volley.

Meanwhile, assuming the ball passes through the cloud of petals driftingn around Kusu, it will set off the explosive petals---not enough to notably impair its flight, but enough to warn Kusu so she can attempt to deflect it.

If not, she'll be hit.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marcy ignores the demon. That sounded like an incredibly stupid plan most likely to get the demon murdered or horribly swarmed by enemies. Marciano knew how it happened.

Upon hearing about the fusion reactor, and then doing some mathwork in his head, he realizes that if the supertech goes off, there's gonna be a really big boom. Like, wipe out everything boom. Which he doesnt want. Wait. This was his way to prove his good intentions! Ahah!

He turns on the video recorder mode in his eye and runs forward, trying to move towards the fusion reactor. There had to be a way to deactivate the countdown!
    The door is made of the same white metal alloy as everything else. There's also a forcefield in front of it. In front of that floats a holographic display.

It reads "1:52". And continues to count down.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

The door is made of the same white metal alloy as everything else. There's also a forcefield in front of it. In front of that floats a holographic display.

It reads "1:52". And continues to count down.

Marciano stares at the thing and frowns. He didn't have the slightest clue as to how one was to disable a fusion reactor. Well, he wouldn't have to, hopefully. He attempts to hack into the computer or system that programs the countdown. If that doesn't work, he'll try to disable the forcefield. Lousy demon**** didn't even give me three whole minutes!

16. - Top - End - #106

[House of Petals]

The ball passes through the petals, giving a moment of warning. Meanwhile, there is a jump-kicking woozlepire a moment behind it.
    I had pictured the petals as a momentary things, already fluttered to the ground.

Riki lands as in your imagination, and is struck in the back by the seeds!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

[House of Petals]
    They sort of flutter about to serve as an early-warning system, at least for a bit.
    She does in fact dodge, which is good for Riki because she has to cut her seedbullet barrage short! What hits will still hurt a lot, though---those things are serious business.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marciano stares at the thing and frowns. He didn't have the slightest clue as to how one was to disable a fusion reactor. Well, he wouldn't have to, hopefully. He attempts to hack into the computer or system that programs the countdown. If that doesn't work, he'll try to disable the forcefield. Lousy demon**** didn't even give me three whole minutes!
    The control panel for the forcefield is clearly visible... behind it. His hacking attempts are as fruitless as before, but this time the computers attempt to drop a virus back into the robot's systems. If successful, all the robot's motor systems will seize up and stop responding to commands until the virus is eliminated.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

[House of Petals]

Oh, just bullets. Wait, that's still awful. Riki falls to her hands and knees, and spends a moment strugglingly getting back up.

Meanwhile, an invisiwoozle grits its teeth to pass by a few petals on the edge and go to recover the ball.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-12-13 at 11:41 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

[House of Petals]
    Not so much bullets; they don't have supersonic velocity. But still no fun.

Kusu fires a few vinespears at where she believes the invisiwoozle to be, though she isn't likely to hit.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Temple Ruins

Aequitus opens his eyes from the spell Waldorf cast and finds himself inside the entrance to a ruined temple complex. He had asked to be brought to a place like this, but he hadn't expected it to be in ruins. His hurt left arm throbbed in agony from the fight with the demon, but he ignored it for now and began walking through the dark marble halls. He took his time, running his good hand over the moss covered walls, as if consoling the place and offering up some of his own memories in return for the shelter it offers.

In time he finally enters the chamber he searches for, a large room designed for Mass. At one point it had been beautiful, but now creepers hang from the torn apart ceiling and all the pews are shattered, rotting. Here and there lays a skeleton, darkened grey with age and moisture. Only patches of rust remain where their arms and armor once were. The Techno-Paladin didn't know what evil had once destroyed this place, but the event was long passed. At the front of the room though lays what he seeks, a simple table covered in small amulets and statues.

Each one is devoted to a different god, goddess, or being aligned with Hope, Courage, Healing, Protection, or Freedom. It didn't matter if the deity was good or evil or simply didn't care. It was the ideals themselves that had mattered here. It was the ideals that had brought all their worshipers together in a time of great need.

It was these beings that Aequitus sought. Some were dead and long gone, others struggling, and others still were doing well, but he'd ask them all the same.

As he walked towards the altar, his pale blue cape flows down from his shoulders to sway behind him and he reaches into a compartment on his armor's chest, drawing out a small silver symbol. The symbol was that of a hurricane lantern, a lantern designed specifically to give the bearer light in the worst moments of dark and plight. The cross on his chest might be the symbol of his order, the the lantern was the symbol of The Light.

Aequitus takes a moment to clasp the symbol gently, eyes closed, before letting out a breath and setting it on the altar with the others and kneeling down, head bowed. After a long moment he begins to speak.

"I am Techno-Paladin Aequitus, the last servant of The Light and protector of all. That is what I am, but I come before you as Sammy Plowman, son of a farmhand. I have come from a world far from here, sent by those who remained to safeguard the last power of my God. Despite my duty to protect it and survive, I cannot willingly cast aside the role I have been serving for so long. I am a protector and a believer of freedom and hope. I will always take up arms against oppression and tyranny and those who seek to prey on the weak." He admits before his head sinks lower.

"But I fear can no longer do it on my own. Not for long at any rate. Not without my comrades and my deity offering me guidance and another arm to rely on. I have fought many things. Cyberdragons, DeVirals, Dark Ones...yet a single conflict between me and a demon here has resulted in the destruction a divine artifact I had been granted. My shield, given to me in a time of dire need by my own god, was melted before my own eyes in the space of a heartbeat." He tells anything listening as he raises his head back up to look at the Altar.

"Despite the loss of my shield, despite knowing that things in this world will kill me so much easier and quicker than the creatures from my own, I have no choice but to continue to fight for what I believe in. For what The Light believes in. Even if I have to crawl across the broken ground with my useless legs being dragged behind me, I will fight on as long as I can."

"And I would like you to join me."

"I cannot say I will worship you, nor will I preach your words across the land. What I can say is that every bit of help I get means that I can fight for a little while longer. You are all beings of similar goals and beliefs, and I petition you for assistance even though there is little I can offer in return." The Techno-Paladin says as he stands back up, forcing his bad hand to his front and clasping it gently with his good one. "This world is besieged on all sides by darkness and tyranny and is rotting from within by corruption and apathy. There are people fighting this as best as they can, but many lack the true ability to do so. Grant me the strength to take their place and I will fight."

"My name is Sammy Plowman and I swear to do so until my dying breath and beyond."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

The control panel for the forcefield is clearly visible... behind it. His hacking attempts are as fruitless as before, but this time the computers attempt to drop a virus back into the robot's systems. If successful, all the robot's motor systems will seize up and stop responding to commands until the virus is eliminated.
    Marciano was the guy who had Enshadu built, one of the strongest robotic adversaries to ever step foot in the Nexus. The attempt at a virus, no matter how strong, are rather useless. Marciano even scoffs a tad. However, he realizes exactly how important this time is.... Okay, a force-field is always powered by an emitter, which can never be located from behind the forcefield or it doesnt work. Okay. He looks around for the force emitter, hoping he sees the switch.

23. - Top - End - #113

[House of Petals]

Subsonic bullets are a thing. And like these seeds, they're not exactly harmless.
    But Riki managed to avoid getting shot through the heart or anything really deadly to a being like her, so it's not terribly harmful either. She turns back towards Kusu and makes her way carefully around, out of the Circe line, and towards the plant-gire, sword at the ready.

The invisiwoozle is momentarily given away by a raucous laugh, several feet away from the vine-spears. Then they creep closer to the Queen, hoping to attack from a closer distance, with less warning.

[Temple Ruins]

You don't need a shield, not so long as you fight.
    There is no motion on the table of statue, no shining light, just the faint impression of words. Aequitus might find himself more confident, free of doubt or sorrow over the loss of the artifact.
    Go on. Never waver, never doubt. Wherever you go, be an exemplar of the free and pure world you fight for. Even when alone, fight with the courage of an army at your back.
    The pain in his left arm should vanish. Even for a servant of Light, that much can be done.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-12-13 at 05:34 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[House of Petals]
    She fires at the laugh this time.

By now, the petals are starting to drift to the floor and wither, so getting closer won't be as hard.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Temple Ruins

There's the sound of a soft sneeze as one of the statuettes bursts open, leaving a small cloud of dust and one small mousey fellow. His fur is a light, nearly blond color, and the feather in his hat and the hilt of his sword glow ever so slightly with a soft gold light. He takes off his hat and bows with a flourish before replacing it with a grin.
    "Well, I've heard better prayers, but few with so much sincerity. Now, I might not have much to spare and toss your way, but you deserve a favor. So tell me, Sam, if I could give you one thing, what would you want me to give?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground

Temple Ruins

The room darkens, and a flash of light illuminates it again as a hologram of Lyrina appears!
    I'm sorry, the god of light is busy right now. I hope you're okay with settling for twilight.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

27. - Top - End - #117

Temple Ruins: Blessing of Aequitus

Without so much as a speech or fanfare from her, The Dragon Queen grants two additional blessings on Aequitus. They just appear as a calm, descending strength:

The first is strength in arms: his arms will feel stronger, able to swing his sword with more power.

The second is probably much cooler. At a dramatically appropriate moment, Aequitus will be surrounded in an aura of glistening, adrenaline-causing flame. Only once, though, and it'll only happen at the most dramatically appropriate moment. The adrenaline boost only affects him, though. Not anyone else, unless looking at something so awesome as a paladin covered in flames gives them an adrenaline boost.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-12-14 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Legs.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marciano was the guy who had Enshadu built, one of the strongest robotic adversaries to ever step foot in the Nexus. The attempt at a virus, no matter how strong, are rather useless. Marciano even scoffs a tad. However, he realizes exactly how important this time is.... Okay, a force-field is always powered by an emitter, which can never be located from behind the forcefield or it doesnt work. Okay. He looks around for the force emitter, hoping he sees the switch.
    There's a tiny, tiny lens in the ceiling which is projecting the forcefield. Apparently the mechanisms are behind the alloy.

The alloy which has previously resisted all Marcy's attempts to damage.

Harald's a jerk, isn't he?

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Temple Ruins

The Techno-Paladin falls quiet for a while, eyes closed as he feels his pain and uncertainty slip away. Even if that had been all that had happened here, it would have been worth it for him.

It was more than that now however. He could feel his arms strengthen and his soul refresh. Standing up, the Techno-Paladin took a deep breath. "Thank you." He murmurs to those who gifted him without showing.

A moment later he opens his eyes again to look at those who have come, giving them a small grateful smile. "I will not refuse even the slightest help. No matter what time of day or night they align themselves with." He tells the hologram before looking at the mousy one. "A wish or request was far more than anything I could have hoped for, and for that I thank you." He says with all sincerity before appearing thoughtful. "There are two things that you could help me with perhaps. The first is that I would like to know about the type of demon I just fought. It seemed that it wasn't vulnerable in the slightest to holy energies. If I can find out about their weakness and infuse such into myself, I would be eternally grateful." Aequitus admits.

"The other is that I would like to know where to find a team of expert builders. Masons and carpenters. I wish to be able to rebuild this place to it's former glory."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2013-12-15 at 02:24 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Temple Ruins

The building shakes a little and some rubber is falling down from the floor. One of the statues to the side of the Techno-Paladin seems to move. Small motions are done from the person sitting in a chair, even thought it doesn't stand up. The techno Paladin should be confused by now. She might know that only stone statues where placed here, but whatever started moving in the chair isn't a stone. It seams like a big robot just starts up.

"Your goal fit my thoughts well, little Techno Paladin. Those who follow me aren't straith fighters at all so I'm in need of someone doing the fights. I know you can't promiss much, but you appeared here. You have shown what it needs to be a champion. Come closer and I can give you a shield to protect yourself again."

The robot offer his arm to put his inside.
    ((PM coming))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK