New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 8: Adventures! Thrills! Groceries!

Temple Ruins

The mouse looks at Aequitus over his furry nose.
    "Really? Just info? That's doable to be sure, if without much flair. Can you describe-
    Aaaand then Deus Mechanus shows up. The God of the Downtrodden sighs in exasperation.
    Get in line, Friend, I'm working here!" the nerve of these big league gods and their barging into small-timers' boon-granting conversations.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Temple Ruins

Hmm... Maybe the demon comes from a different plane than normal demons and is therefore weak to a different type of holy energy?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Temple Ruins
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Temple Ruins

Aequitus opens his eyes from the spell Waldorf cast and finds himself inside the entrance to a ruined temple complex. He had asked to be brought to a place like this, but he hadn't expected it to be in ruins. His hurt left arm throbbed in agony from the fight with the demon, but he ignored it for now and began walking through the dark marble halls. He took his time, running his good hand over the moss covered walls, as if consoling the place and offering up some of his own memories in return for the shelter it offers.

In time he finally enters the chamber he searches for, a large room designed for Mass. At one point it had been beautiful, but now creepers hang from the torn apart ceiling and all the pews are shattered, rotting. Here and there lays a skeleton, darkened grey with age and moisture. Only patches of rust remain where their arms and armor once were. The Techno-Paladin didn't know what evil had once destroyed this place, but the event was long passed. At the front of the room though lays what he seeks, a simple table covered in small amulets and statues.

Each one is devoted to a different god, goddess, or being aligned with Hope, Courage, Healing, Protection, or Freedom. It didn't matter if the deity was good or evil or simply didn't care. It was the ideals themselves that had mattered here. It was the ideals that had brought all their worshipers together in a time of great need.

It was these beings that Aequitus sought. Some were dead and long gone, others struggling, and others still were doing well, but he'd ask them all the same.

As he walked towards the altar, his pale blue cape flows down from his shoulders to sway behind him and he reaches into a compartment on his armor's chest, drawing out a small silver symbol. The symbol was that of a hurricane lantern, a lantern designed specifically to give the bearer light in the worst moments of dark and plight. The cross on his chest might be the symbol of his order, the the lantern was the symbol of The Light.

Aequitus takes a moment to clasp the symbol gently, eyes closed, before letting out a breath and setting it on the altar with the others and kneeling down, head bowed. After a long moment he begins to speak.

"I am Techno-Paladin Aequitus, the last servant of The Light and protector of all. That is what I am, but I come before you as Sammy Plowman, son of a farmhand. I have come from a world far from here, sent by those who remained to safeguard the last power of my God. Despite my duty to protect it and survive, I cannot willingly cast aside the role I have been serving for so long. I am a protector and a believer of freedom and hope. I will always take up arms against oppression and tyranny and those who seek to prey on the weak." He admits before his head sinks lower.

"But I fear can no longer do it on my own. Not for long at any rate. Not without my comrades and my deity offering me guidance and another arm to rely on. I have fought many things. Cyberdragons, DeVirals, Dark Ones...yet a single conflict between me and a demon here has resulted in the destruction a divine artifact I had been granted. My shield, given to me in a time of dire need by my own god, was melted before my own eyes in the space of a heartbeat." He tells anything listening as he raises his head back up to look at the Altar.

"Despite the loss of my shield, despite knowing that things in this world will kill me so much easier and quicker than the creatures from my own, I have no choice but to continue to fight for what I believe in. For what The Light believes in. Even if I have to crawl across the broken ground with my useless legs being dragged behind me, I will fight on as long as I can."

"And I would like you to join me."

"I cannot say I will worship you, nor will I preach your words across the land. What I can say is that every bit of help I get means that I can fight for a little while longer. You are all beings of similar goals and beliefs, and I petition you for assistance even though there is little I can offer in return." The Techno-Paladin says as he stands back up, forcing his bad hand to his front and clasping it gently with his good one. "This world is besieged on all sides by darkness and tyranny and is rotting from within by corruption and apathy. There are people fighting this as best as they can, but many lack the true ability to do so. Grant me the strength to take their place and I will fight."

"My name is Sammy Plowman and I swear to do so until my dying breath and beyond."
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [House of Petals]

Subsonic bullets are a thing. And like these seeds, they're not exactly harmless.
    But Riki managed to avoid getting shot through the heart or anything really deadly to a being like her, so it's not terribly harmful either. She turns back towards Kusu and makes her way carefully around, out of the Circe line, and towards the plant-gire, sword at the ready.

The invisiwoozle is momentarily given away by a raucous laugh, several feet away from the vine-spears. Then they creep closer to the Queen, hoping to attack from a closer distance, with less warning.

[Temple Ruins]

You don't need a shield, not so long as you fight.
    There is no motion on the table of statue, no shining light, just the faint impression of words. Aequitus might find himself more confident, free of doubt or sorrow over the loss of the artifact.
    Go on. Never waver, never doubt. Wherever you go, be an exemplar of the free and pure world you fight for. Even when alone, fight with the courage of an army at your back.
    The pain in his left arm should vanish. Even for a servant of Light, that much can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Temple Ruins

There's the sound of a soft sneeze as one of the statuettes bursts open, leaving a small cloud of dust and one small mousey fellow. His fur is a light, nearly blond color, and the feather in his hat and the hilt of his sword glow ever so slightly with a soft gold light. He takes off his hat and bows with a flourish before replacing it with a grin.
    "Well, I've heard better prayers, but few with so much sincerity. Now, I might not have much to spare and toss your way, but you deserve a favor. So tell me, Sam, if I could give you one thing, what would you want me to give?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Temple Ruins

The room darkens, and a flash of light illuminates it again as a hologram of Lyrina appears!
    I'm sorry, the god of light is busy right now. I hope you're okay with settling for twilight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Temple Ruins: Blessing of Aequitus

Without so much as a speech or fanfare from her, The Dragon Queen grants two additional blessings on Aequitus. They just appear as a calm, descending strength:

The first is strength in arms: his arms will feel stronger, able to swing his sword with more power.

The second is probably much cooler. At a dramatically appropriate moment, Aequitus will be surrounded in an aura of glistening, adrenaline-causing flame. Only once, though, and it'll only happen at the most dramatically appropriate moment. The adrenaline boost only affects him, though. Not anyone else, unless looking at something so awesome as a paladin covered in flames gives them an adrenaline boost.
    Temple Ruins

The Techno-Paladin falls quiet for a while, eyes closed as he feels his pain and uncertainty slip away. Even if that had been all that had happened here, it would have been worth it for him.

It was more than that now however. He could feel his arms strengthen and his soul refresh. Standing up, the Techno-Paladin took a deep breath. "Thank you." He murmurs to those who gifted him without showing.

A moment later he opens his eyes again to look at those who have come, giving them a small grateful smile. "I will not refuse even the slightest help. No matter what time of day or night they align themselves with." He tells the hologram before looking at the mousy one. "A wish or request was far more than anything I could have hoped for, and for that I thank you." He says with all sincerity before appearing thoughtful. "There are two things that you could help me with perhaps. The first is that I would like to know about the type of demon I just fought. It seemed that it wasn't vulnerable in the slightest to holy energies. If I can find out about their weakness and infuse such into myself, I would be eternally grateful." Aequitus admits.

"The other is that I would like to know where to find a team of expert builders. Masons and carpenters. I wish to be able to rebuild this place to it's former glory."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Temple Ruins

The building shakes a little and some rubber is falling down from the floor. One of the statues to the side of the Techno-Paladin seems to move. Small motions are done from the person sitting in a chair, even thought it doesn't stand up. The techno Paladin should be confused by now. She might know that only stone statues where placed here, but whatever started moving in the chair isn't a stone. It seams like a big robot just starts up.

"Your goal fit my thoughts well, little Techno Paladin. Those who follow me aren't straith fighters at all so I'm in need of someone doing the fights. I know you can't promiss much, but you appeared here. You have shown what it needs to be a champion. Come closer and I can give you a shield to protect yourself again."

The robot offer his arm to put his inside.
    ((PM coming))
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Temple Ruins

The mouse looks at Aequitus over his furry nose.
    "Really? Just info? That's doable to be sure, if without much flair. Can you describe-
    Aaaand then Deus Mechanus shows up. The God of the Downtrodden sighs in exasperation.
    Get in line, Friend, I'm working here!" the nerve of these big league gods and their barging into small-timers' boon-granting conversations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Temple Ruins

Hmm... Maybe the demon comes from a different plane than normal demons and is therefore weak to a different type of holy energy?

"What is holy will always prevail, though perhaps not in the way you expect,"
    a woman says. She is on one knee before one of the skeletons, stroking its forehead as if it was a sick child, the other hand propping herself up with a spear. She is dressed in leather and skins, her own body travelworn and battle-hardened. There are strands of grey in her brown hair, and crows feet about her brown eyes. Despite her appearance here in response to a prayer, there seems to be nothing divine about her. Perhaps she's simply a huntress who walked in to pay her respects.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Temple Ruins

"Information is the greatest asset a person can have in a fight.
    " Aequitus points out before pulling a small blue cube and setting it on the table. "I recorded the fight but I don't know what this thing is." He admits as he presses a side, causing a small hologram to appear and showing the fight (Suburbia/Basement). Once he sets that up, the Techno-Paladin looks at the woman in leathers as he walks over to the robot. "Always. Otherwise I wouldn't be here." He admits with a smile before slipping left arm into the offered hole, unconcerned in the slightest about any dangers that might be in it.

He had come to the Ruined Temple to offer everything and anything necessary. If he wasn't willing to take what was being offered, then he had no business in asking for help in the first place.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple Ruins]

what looks to be a shining silver young man will stride into the ruined temple. his presence, his power, his stride, they all speak of his deific power. He currently wears a white leather longcoat, a black flower design embroidered on the outside. For now, he maintains a respectful distance from the gathering, not sure if they're willing to accept him. He's likely younger than all of them, after all.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Temple Ruins

Hope, the Huntress, moves to the next skeleton, laying a hand on it as she did before. There's no effect - it is simply a mark of respect to the fallen dead.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Small Town, Big House]
    "Oh, gods dammit."
    Thryza sighs, kneeling by Johannes and trying to cradle his head off the floor. "The dragon thing was never going to be easy, was it?"
    "No. I shouldn't have changed so soon, it was stupid," Hildur says, panic clearly in her voice. Johannes seems to be okay, his breathing is mostly stable. The shock of seeing her daughter suddenly become a dragon was probably a bit too much.

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Temple Ruins]

what looks to be a shining silver young man will stride into the ruined temple. his presence, his power, his stride, they all speak of his deific power. He currently wears a white leather longcoat, a black flower design embroidered on the outside. For now, he maintains a respectful distance from the gathering, not sure if they're willing to accept him. He's likely younger than all of them, after all.
    He's actually probably wrong. Lyrina ascended 5 days ago.
    Something seems off about her. She seems a bit worried, actually.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    "No. I shouldn't have changed so soon, it was stupid," Hildur says, panic clearly in her voice. Johannes seems to be okay, his breathing is mostly stable. The shock of seeing her daughter suddenly become a dragon was probably a bit too much.
    [Small Town, Big House]
    He's okay physically, it seems, so don't worry too much...
    Thryza smiles reassuringly at her fiancee, her spare hand coming up to squeeze Hildur's.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    There's a tiny, tiny lens in the ceiling which is projecting the forcefield. Apparently the mechanisms are behind the alloy.

The alloy which has previously resisted all Marcy's attempts to damage.

Harald's a jerk, isn't he?
    Marciano really hoped he wouldn't have to break out this kind of thing, but he does so. He jumps, and moves to simply punch the alloy. The drone's fists are made of the Stainless Steel metals 17-4PH and 15-5PH. These metals were built into the unique alloy Marciano frequently uses in his work. This ought to completely destroy the tiny lens.

11. - Top - End - #131

Temple Ruins

"Information is the greatest asset a person can have in a fight.
    " Aequitus points out before pulling a small blue cube and setting it on the table. "I recorded the fight but I don't know what this thing is." He admits as he presses a side, causing a small hologram to appear and showing the fight (Suburbia/Basement). Once he sets that up, the Techno-Paladin looks at the woman in leathers as he walks over to the robot. "Always. Otherwise I wouldn't be here." He admits with a smile before slipping left arm into the offered hole, unconcerned in the slightest about any dangers that might be in it.

He had come to the Ruined Temple to offer everything and anything necessary. If he wasn't willing to take what was being offered, then he had no business in asking for help in the first place.
    Temple Ruins

The hole is in fact the arm of the statue formed to surround the offered arm. After the arm is put inside, strange noise appear. It sounds like welding, blacksmithing and other sounds you would hear in a factory. Only one sound might draw Aequitus attention. The sound of breaking bones. Still it's only a little itchy feeling expect that the sound of breaking bones may give him a shiver. Moments pass before things are done and the sound rise up. As he is done, a silence is thrown over the place.

"That should be enough."

If he removes his arm, he might notice that it weight slightly more. The arm was replaced by a mechanical version, similar other normal one in shape and size. He won't notice it immediately since the arm still works normal. He can even feel through it. What is more important is that the armor around the arm changed as well. The armor seems to be a bit thicker then before and a round object is placed on the lower are where you normally put a shield on. By activating it via mental order the round object splits into 4 parts. The parts dive away from each other creating a force shield between them. It's size maximum is the size of a tower shield so around 3/4 of his size, but it mostly remains smaller.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Movie Madness

"Please tell me I don't trigger this by eating babies." Something of a sensitive subject for our cyborg, apparently.
    [Movie Madness]

Harry laughs like Maggy said something absolutely hilarious. Sakura joins in with a giggle. "No no, of course not. You are our hero. The world is in danger and no one else can stop her. Not Watchtower, not HALO. Only Agent Chrome can save the day."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Temple Ruins

Spade watches intently at Aequitus' hologram, stopping only to smile and wave at the young man walking in and to flinch and pull his round ears closed to his head at the sound of the metal god destroying mortal bones. It's not a sound he associates with positive change, but he won't call it out. No upsetting the big-leaguers. Once the paladin has finished his business and returned to the altar Spade is still standing on he'll be presented with a sheet of paper (which spontaneously grows to a size legible to him once in his hand) with a small checklist and an address.
    "Mithril is what you want, Sam. It'll burn that demon and protect you from its powers if it coats your armor. Silver also burns but won't improve the armor. Try to get it on your helmet if you can, since they like messing with mortal minds. Don't touch its blood; the stuff's infectious."
    Spade doesn't know that dragon bones also have that effect, mostly because none of his followers ever tried beating a demon to death with a dead dragon.
    "There's a bunch of stoneworkers around one of my only shrines out in a little town outside Inside. Just promise them work and pay and they'll love you. Just please, don't encourage them if they start acting all servile, they do that instinctively."
    Spade reaches into a belt pocket and pulls out a mouse doll, effectively a double of himself without the glow, clothes or facial expression. Yes, it was in his pocket, don't question size with gods.
    "This is a little embarrassing, but take this, please. I know you're not one of mine and won't accept my symbol, so use this instead. You can call me with it. After all, I'm Spade, God of the Downtrodden, and I don't let anyone go without backup. Oh, you can also use it to turn into a mouse but I don't know if you'd ever actually use that. The command is 'Scurry.'"
    His brave face drops a bit at that last part. Clearly he's a little embarrassed. The doll, for what it's worth, will take Aequitus' likeness if he picks it up, gaining a few bits of armor, a miniaturized version of his sword, and even resembling him a bit despite the snout. The body it generates when used is entirely separate from his own (which goes to Hammerspace when in use). While this means he can die in that shape and simply be forced back into his own, it does mean that the effects on his body don't apply, such as his new metal arm, the blessings of strength (although it's already stronger than a mouse ought to be), etc. This also means it doesn't have his disability, though.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Marciano really hoped he wouldn't have to break out this kind of thing, but he does so. He jumps, and moves to simply punch the alloy. The drone's fists are made of the Stainless Steel metals 17-4PH and 15-5PH. These metals were built into the unique alloy Marciano frequently uses in his work. This ought to completely destroy the tiny lens.
    The lens cracks. The forcefield shimmers. There are now shards of forcefield floating around.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

The lens cracks. The forcefield shimmers. There are now shards of forcefield floating around.
    Shards of forcefield. Erm. Okay.

By now Marciano is quite sick of fusion reactors and silly forcefields. He'd like to finish his looting then get out as soon as possibly. He didn't want to be here when Clarissa came to blow up everything.

He'll move to turn off the fusion reactor now, doing his best to get it all over with finally.

16. - Top - End - #136

[Small Town, Big House]
    He's okay physically, it seems, so don't worry too much...
    Thryza smiles reassuringly at her fiancee, her spare hand coming up to squeeze Hildur's.
    Hildur returns the squeeze and sighs in relief. "Okay, let's get him comfortable," she says.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Small Town, Big House]
    She starts to pick him up by the shoulders, leaving Hildur to take the feet.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Movie Madness]

Harry laughs like Maggy said something absolutely hilarious. Sakura joins in with a giggle. "No no, of course not. You are our hero. The world is in danger and no one else can stop her. Not Watchtower, not HALO. Only Agent Chrome can save the day."
    "Oh, good. No fresh material for Dipsnig to go chatting with the press about, then." Magtok seems sufficiently convinced for now, and lets his shoulders drop as he puts on a fake smile and pretends he was joking all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shards of forcefield. Erm. Okay.

By now Marciano is quite sick of fusion reactors and silly forcefields. He'd like to finish his looting then get out as soon as possibly. He didn't want to be here when Clarissa came to blow up everything.

He'll move to turn off the fusion reactor now, doing his best to get it all over with finally.
    As he steps up to the door, a holo-panel pops up.

Hey Marcy - guess what? Fooled you!

The door pops open... revealing one of the bio-monstrosities from the earlier lab which, upon catching sight of Marcy, roars and charges.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

As he steps up to the door, a holo-panel pops up.

Hey Marcy - guess what? Fooled you!

The door pops open... revealing one of the bio-monstrosities from the earlier lab which, upon catching sight of Marcy, roars and charges.
    Marciano presses a few buttons on the keyboard quickly as possible. Seeing as the thing has to get through the door, that leaves time for Marcy to pull out the HeavyArms. He switches it into it's third setting and aims for the disgusting creature, his drone's finger nearly glued to the trigger. Seeing as it's a powerful weapon meant to plow through the biggest of monsters, it will most likely have a great effect. It's called the Heavyarms for a reason. The bio-monstrosity will get a whole faceful of bullets firing at extremely quick rates in great numbers. You didn't fool me, you're jsut delaying the inevitable, you idiot.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruined Temple

Despite his resolute nature, the Techno-Paladin's face pales a little when he hears the sounds of breaking bones and feels the tingling in his arms. Once his arm is free though, he breathes easier despite the changes. He takes a moment to look over his new limb and new shield. After fiddling with it he gives the machine god a deep bow. "I thank you and will always remember this moment." He swears as he heads back to the others.

When he listens to Spade's information and looks it over, he gives a small frown. From the sound of it there were a lot more of these things than he had expected, but he gives a grateful nod. "Many thanks. As for your workers, I don't have much in the way of pay for them yet, but I can promise that they and their families will be allowed to live here and be protected from all harm. I'll find some source of pay for them though, I promise."

The man also gives a smile and chuckle when the doll is explained and he tucks it into a compartment on the leg of his armor. "I can think of many great uses for such an item. Once more, thank you. If I ever need your aid, I will call upon you."

22. - Top - End - #142

Temple Ruins

The fledgeling goddess approaches Aquetius and holds out a hand to him.
    In her outstretched hand, a silver amulet in the shape of a crescent moon that glows a faint orange appears.

When you require aid, hold this amulet and mutter my name, Lyrina. It will summon an aspect of me. It will only work once.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Lanvus - The Blue City]

A raging sandstorm.
    Dark shadows looming high above, only just visible through the swirling gray and brown.

In the midst of this, a small multicolored circle spirals into being.

The whistling noise of its own energy is drowned out by the storm, but still it heralds the arrival of its first user.

Spiraling out and reforming from the outside in, Feiadyne is deposited onto the distinctly compact sand below.
    Visibility is nonexistent, so she wastes no time in working on a small bubble of clarity around the portal.

Like those Claritin Clear commercials. Everything's a fuzzy mess, except for that one little circle of perfection.
    ...this is a weird analogy.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #144
    Firbolg in the Playground

[House of Petals]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    But Riki managed to avoid getting shot through the heart or anything really deadly to a being like her, so it's not terribly harmful either. She turns back towards Kusu and makes her way carefully around, out of the Circe line, and towards the plant-gire, sword at the ready.

The invisiwoozle is momentarily given away by a raucous laugh, several feet away from the vine-spears. Then they creep closer to the Queen, hoping to attack from a closer distance, with less warning.
    [House of Petals]She fires at the laugh this time.

By now, the petals are starting to drift to the floor and wither, so getting closer won't be as hard.
    The laugh manages to not be directly in the line of fire, because really that would be foolish. The queen might get a moment of warning from the withering petals as another invisible jump-kick comes in. It's at the same time that Riki charges in with her sword. Probably going to take some vine-spears or other plant-based injuries for that, but it's no matter.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

[House of Petals]
    Kusu takes an unlucky hit from each, but the multiple-time winner of the Hugest Jerk Award has at least one more thing up her ornate sleeve---or rather, comprising her clothing's outer layer.
    The petal-like outer layers of her lovely dress are, in fact, explosive petals in the form of some sort of reactive armor, by which I mean they explode. Most of the explosion, though, is smoke and expanding air rather than flames; she aims to get out of there with the damage she's taken and move farther away.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marciano presses a few buttons on the keyboard quickly as possible. Seeing as the thing has to get through the door, that leaves time for Marcy to pull out the HeavyArms. He switches it into it's third setting and aims for the disgusting creature, his drone's finger nearly glued to the trigger. Seeing as it's a powerful weapon meant to plow through the biggest of monsters, it will most likely have a great effect. It's called the Heavyarms for a reason. The bio-monstrosity will get a whole faceful of bullets firing at extremely quick rates in great numbers. You didn't fool me, you're jsut delaying the inevitable, you idiot.
    As he's firing, there's a whirring noise from behind as another door starts to close.

The bio-creature is hit many times, and grey blood sprays everywhere, but it just keeps coming, screaming dementedly. Eyes, mouths, limbs and other things surface for a moment, then are subsumed back into the roiling gobbet of flesh that barrels towards the Marcybot.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Lanvus - The Blue City

"I really don't want to teleport or whatever you call it like that ever again. Maybe one more time for practicality's sake when we're done here so I can leave this weird new place, but after that, I'd rather never use your means of transportation ever again for as long as I or any other Magtoks live, thank you."

Magtok lets out a breath after that long-winded spiel on how much he hates being liquified like that, and then actually starts looking around, checking out this empty world of shifting sands and poor visibility. It's really not much to look at, huh? For some reason, Maggy was expecting a lot more books, too.

"Anyways, I take it you have a cute speech prepared, explaining where we are and where we're going and why this place is the way it is?"

Psst! That's your cue, Feia! This is the part where you either explain everything in a huff and try not to looked annoyed with the cyborg for jumping the gun and ruining your moment like that, violently tear Magtok apart for calling you cute when we know he doesn't really mean it, or both of those two things at once. Or hey, maybe you can just say nothing and ignore him until he feels like acting his age and treating this matter with the respect and dignity it deserves. That'd work too, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

28. - Top - End - #148

[House of Petals]

Riki is better off here, having only the sword wrenched out of her grasp and now clutching a slightly burned hand. She quickly enough turns herself into a giant wide-legged lizard and racing after Kusu.

The invisible one, on the other hand, appears to have been knocked back by the petal armor, and is now lying supine, with her boots or pants having caught fire from the little portion of flames in the explosion. Apart from giving away her position, she's trashing about trying to extinguish them.

[Domain of Twilight]

Like she always does at the end of a day, a young woman heads out through a forest until she feels the teleport blocking field fade away, and steps between worlds to start the trip home. Today she is happy, thrilled even, to have interacted with someone without once considering eating them, and exercised her powers. A rarity.
    The trip doesn't go smoothly. After the first leg, she finds herself no closer to the Crumbled Mansion. After the second segment, she is in an unfamiliar red-skied land, but the way feels oddly familiar.
    And so finally, a little concerned, she should appear on a grey field beneath an eclipsed star, a good five hundred feet away from a towering stone spire. The slight woman looks up at the impossible sky, and momentarily lifts her sunglasses to confirm what her eyes are telling her. A crescent moon eclipsing the sun, but no other star to shed the crescent light. And yet this crazy place feels familiar; like home.
    She produces a walking stick from the air and carefully starts making her way through the field towards the center.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #149

Domain of Twilight

A glowing grey wolf bounds up to her in a friendly manner, as if to greet her. It wags it's tail and sits in front of her or walks with her.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #150

She walks up to the encouragingly doglike wolf and goes to pet its head (which should also give her a sense of how intelligent it is and how it's feeling).
    "Hello there. I don't suppose you can tell me what place this is?" It clicks then; this place feels like her family's old Home, and the woman momentarily starts in fright.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine