New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Random Places and Plots 8: Adventures! Thrills! Groceries!

[Twilight Domain]

"The Demon Lord of Sunlight and Torture? Why would I-oh-no that doesn't make-different god, same name?" The woman nods. Her mother wasn't terrible, so far as she can remember. So there must probably be some good gods.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Twilight Domain]

"The Demon Lord of Sunlight and Torture? Why would I-oh-no that doesn't make-different god, same name?" The woman nods. Her mother wasn't terrible, so far as she can remember. So there must probably be some good gods.
    Yeah, definitely different. God of the sun, anti-demon an undead, also god of agriculture.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #183

Ruined Temple

"If you ever pass by Riverside, you could go to my High Priestress. A big church is build there and the shield I gave you should be enougth to proof you met me. They may offer you a bed and shellter and maybe a way to find the materials you need."

The machine god say. He offered enougth for now and after all the Techno-Paladin doesn't offer much in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Ruined Temple

Hope has finished paying her respects to all of the dead by now, and takes a seat on a step near the altar, seemingly in no rush.
    The machine god's attention turns to the huntress? Not sure if she is a god as well or another visiter of the Temple. The first would draw other questions. If it is the second, he wonders what she was going to do. At least she isn't a druid or something else that is bound close to the nature.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Temple

The god might see that Hope is about as closely bound to nature as can be without being a druid or a fae. She's the servant of Kuori, a god of hunters. Everything on her is something hand-made of natural materials. The most high tech thing she carries is a belt knife.

The machine god has very little power here.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

[House of Petals]

"Well, yes. That would be-" Icy-Riki is replaced by tiny-grey-man-without ears-or-thumbs-Riki, and a stone block similar in nature to the House itself springs up between her and the blast of energy.
    -"terrible of you. I suppose I should stop hoping you'll ever live up to my expectations. "

Meanwhile, the same metal sphere is thrown towards the Queen, with the aim of whacking her on the side of the head, to start with. It remains invisible, but can be heard (or perhaps seen with her checkmate powers)
    She does, in fact, hear; she responds with a spewing of that royal fire, which should knock the ball off course at least enough that it does not hit her.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Lanvus - The Blue City

"I really don't want to teleport or whatever you call it like that ever again. Maybe one more time for practicality's sake when we're done here so I can leave this weird new place, but after that, I'd rather never use your means of transportation ever again for as long as I or any other Magtoks live, thank you."

Magtok lets out a breath after that long-winded spiel on how much he hates being liquified like that, and then actually starts looking around, checking out this empty world of shifting sands and poor visibility. It's really not much to look at, huh? For some reason, Maggy was expecting a lot more books, too.

"Anyways, I take it you have a cute speech prepared, explaining where we are and where we're going and why this place is the way it is?"

Psst! That's your cue, Feia! This is the part where you either explain everything in a huff and try not to looked annoyed with the cyborg for jumping the gun and ruining your moment like that, violently tear Magtok apart for calling you cute when we know he doesn't really mean it, or both of those two things at once. Or hey, maybe you can just say nothing and ignore him until he feels like acting his age and treating this matter with the respect and dignity it deserves. That'd work too, right?
    [Lanvus - The Blue City]

"This is neither the place for dallying nor conversation.
    Into the library, it is just here."

Feia probably could have gotten upset at Maggy here, or done something unnecessarily haughty, but instead she seems to be somewhat pressed.

Spinning rather neatly to their left, Feia and her clarity bubble begin walking towards a nearby looming silhouette.
    Magtok's welcome to loiter, but being left out to the mercy of the sandstorm isn't particularly comfortable.

Nobody likes sand in their robes.
    Or ash in the eyes.

Sand gives way to stone steps, and it takes almost until they're touching the shape for its status as a grandly constructed stone building to be clear.
    Rather standard construction for large, municipal library really. There's probably pillars or something off in the sandy winds around them too.

The entrance is equally standard, well-crafted wooden double doors, which appear to be in much better condition than everything else the sand has touched.
    Feia pushes the doors open, and in she goes.

This is not a standard library.

There isn't a book in sight, in the large antechamber before them.
    Vibrantly colored crystal pillars have pierced up through the ground and up into the ceiling above, filling the room with distorted glows and shapes as balls of light slowly drift through the various portions of the room.
    Hundreds of small symbols crawl along these pillars, marching from the ceiling and spiraling around the pillars towards the ground, like a swarm of technicolor ants.

The other surfaces appear carpeted in a rather soft, purple material, even the walls and non-crystallized portions of ceiling.
    Numerous single doors line the opposite walls, and two small staircases lead up to an upper floor, tucked away behind the upper walls.

Perhaps of equal importance, are the creatures patrolling the room.
    Slightly taller than the average human, they appear to be solid ice, carved into very angular and pointed forms. Their have no feet to speak of, simply stumps, and their hands are little more than curved spikes protruding from their arms.
    Their heads are the shape of windblown fire, frozen in place with etched expressions of disdainful boredom.

They don't seem interested in Feia or Magtok, simply holding to their slow, plodding movements through the room.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lanvus - The Blue City

Magtok follows, and tries not to say anything or so much as smirk when he notices Feia's sentinels are giant magical glacier guards made of solid ice. Oh gods, he's trying so hard not to make fun of her for that whole Kirk episode, but every time he's finally pushed it to the back of his mind and stopped giggling about it, Feia seems to accidentally do or say something to remind him of the incident all over again.

"Very 'The Duke's Archives' in here. Seath the Scaleless wouldn't feel the least bit out of place."

I dunno, seeing as he's an insane albino dragon boss with no scales from a videogame, he miiiight just find the locale a bit strange. Also, I can't imagine Feia's ever played Dark Souls, let alone gotten halfway through it, so your reference is wasted on the ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Yeah, definitely different. God of the sun, anti-demon an undead, also god of agriculture.
    You know what? Lyrina deserves a second chance, she decides. Leah doesn't know what situation she was in, not really. "Yeah. Hey, uh, did you make this whole place? You seem to know a lot about gods and all. Could you teach me some of that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    She does, in fact, hear; she responds with a spewing of that royal fire, which should knock the ball off course at least enough that it does not hit her.
    It could. But it's rather more likely that it will make the ball explode in a sharp crack, sending shrapnel bits flying about and the invisiwoozle ducking down and aside.

A moment later, a zip-zop-lizard peeks over the wall and leaps after the Queen.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

It could. But it's rather more likely that it will make the ball explode in a sharp crack, sending shrapnel bits flying about and the invisiwoozle ducking down and aside.

[House of Petals]
    She spews more royal fire at the lizard, because she like, doesn't even care. Call the cops, whatever.
    Or because she wants to hurt Riki, even if she can go zip-zop-zoobity-bop.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Lanvus - The Blue City]

Video games are for those with woefully wasted time values.

"There was someone akin to a duke in charge of the city at one point, I suppose. So the library was as much his as anyone else's."
    That being said, not playing them does make one sound a little silly when you take statements literally that shouldn't be.

"Are you still capable of digesting the written word, or will you require some form of digital headbore?"
    Feia has closed the doors into the library, and immediately lost that pressured feeling that lingered around her.
    Smoothly back in the land of haughty and not particularly polite.
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #191

Lanvus - The Blue City

"I haven't spontaneously become illiterate, no." There's more than a bit of scorn in Magtok's tone. Honestly, he's willing to let a lot slide, but to even suggest that he might be some uneducated plebeian...ugh.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Temple - later

Sometime after the gods have finished with Aequitus, Hope calls him over.

"How long have you been fighting?" the huntress asks softly.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruined Temple

Aequitus accepts the goddess' symbol but still looks up at her. "If I may ask, what is your name and what do you have control over? This way I do not seek your aid in err."

Ruined Temple - Later

Aequitus's face relaxes a little when he hears the question, but she'll know it's not the relaxation of relief, instead being one of mental and emotional age. "I have fought long enough that I can no longer keep track of the years. It can't be more than twenty, but it feels like it can't be less than a hundred."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Temple - Later

Hope places her hand on his. "I thought as much. And no wife? No family?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #195

Ruined Temple

Lyrina, fledgeling goddess of twilight, change, and chaos.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

[b]Ruined Temple[b]

Aequitus raises an eyebrow at the goddess but gives a nod anyway. "Not normally the sort of patronage I would seek, but I am grateful for this. Should I ever need any help in such situations, I will call upon you." He promises with a deep bow.

Ruined Temple - Later

The Techno-Paladin shakes his head. "None. None that are living at least. Even my comrades-in-arms are no more. As to making my own family, there simply wasn't time, nor was I exactly considered desirable outside of this armor." He admits before putting his hand at the level of his waist. "I cannot walk without it, nor can I feel anything. But after so many years I have grown accustomed to it."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Temple - Later

"Aequitus - Sammy Plowman - if you are to carry on this fight, you must make room for love. I know it seems like it would be a distraction, or even a weakness. But we were made by the gods and placed here to love one another, and be loved in return. It will strengthen you more than you can believe." Hope says.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2013-12-24 at 10:19 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Lanvus - The Blue City]

Difference between being accused of illiteracy and being accused of being a little too synthetic.

Feia doesn't bother to make this distinction for him.
    "Good."

She turns away to consider the room, eying it with the critical gaze of someone who senses something is off, but can't quite put their finger on it.
    And is growing increasingly annoyed by the fact.
    "The upper floor is the material archive. Proper books are stored there and where I would recommend you begin. Preferably in regards to our target, but I suppose if you truly desire to research...baking philosophy, you have some time before I throw you into the storm."

And with that growing level of baseless hostility, the witch strides off towards the opposite end of the room, where a trio of thinner crystal-pillars lurk.
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #199

You know what? Lyrina deserves a second chance, she decides. Leah doesn't know what situation she was in, not really. "Yeah. Hey, uh, did you make this whole place? You seem to know a lot about gods and all. Could you teach me some of that?"

I did not. Came with the ascension. However, I could teach you how to create creatures out of darkness. They won't be evil, don't worry!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #200

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Lanvus - The Blue City]

Difference between being accused of illiteracy and being accused of being a little too synthetic.

Feia doesn't bother to make this distinction for him.
    "Good."

She turns away to consider the room, eying it with the critical gaze of someone who senses something is off, but can't quite put their finger on it.
    And is growing increasingly annoyed by the fact.
    "The upper floor is the material archive. Proper books are stored there and where I would recommend you begin. Preferably in regards to our target, but I suppose if you truly desire to research...baking philosophy, you have some time before I throw you into the storm."

And with that growing level of baseless hostility, the witch strides off towards the opposite end of the room, where a trio of thinner crystal-pillars lurk.
    She suspects. She isn't quite certain why she suspects, and doesn't have anything concrete, but she definitely thinks something's amiss. Magtok's going to have to be cautious about this, investigate both the targeted goddess and his intended revivification subject carefully. Let's head upstairs and see what we're dealing with in terms of building layout and such, first and foremost, before deciding on any sort of attack plan for this little act of extracurricular research.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruined Temple

"There hadn't been time back in my world. Not once I had been inducted."
    Aequitus admits as he lowers himself onto a broken pew to sit. "And around here, who would be willing to spend time with someone like myself? I've seen people's faces when the word Paladin is even whispered. There's fear and dread or complete idolization. Neither of which are things I seek. And it's not like there's a Paladin Speed Dating." He points out before pausing and shaking his head. "At least, there shouldn't be. But that's besides the point." He admits with a sigh before looking up at the hole in the ceiling.

"I am so used to fighting nonstop that I'm not sure I can relax enough to find a companion, let alone treat them as they should be. But even if I could, where would I find one that would accept not just my issues, but my duty as well?"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Temple - Later

"I only ask you to keep your heart open. When the time is right, love will come."
    Hope says. "This isn't an order from my god. It's a suggestion - a wish - from the woman who serves him. Keep your heart open."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruined Temple - Later

Aequitus is silent for a couple moments, lost in thoughts and in the stars in the sky before he gives a slow nod. "I'll keep myself open, but I cannot forsake my duties to search for it. If I must, I'll simply consider it another sacrifice."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Temple - Later

"No. I wouldn't expect you to forsake your quest." Hope says. "I found my love during my quest, while he was on his own. Would you like to hear the story?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruined Temple

"Always." Aequitus admits with a small smile as he reaches into a pocket of his armor to pull out a small flask to take a sip before offering it to Hope. If she takes a sip, she'll find that it's warmed apple cider with some cinnamon added in.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Temple

Hope takes a drink, and offers some venison jerky. "We had recently been harried by wolves, so when I spotted him, I expected a fight. Worse, I was alone, and the wolves travelled in packs...." She carries on with the story, which Aequitus's player knows well.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [House of Petals]
    She spews more royal fire at the lizard, because she like, doesn't even care. Call the cops, whatever.
    Or because she wants to hurt Riki, even if she can go zip-zop-zoobity-bop.
    Riki zip-zops off the wall and out of the fire's path. How rude; her little stone shield is starting to scorch and melt. She zoobity-zooms over towards the Queen and tries to bop her with an extended chameleon-like tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I did not. Came with the ascension. However, I could teach you how to create creatures out of darkness. They won't be evil, don't worry!
    "Oh, that would be great! Thank you, Lyrina."
    The comment about evil is odd. Of course they wouldn't. Darkness is a good thing; a safe thing.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #208

Riki zip-zops off the wall and out of the fire's path. How rude; her little stone shield is starting to scorch and melt. She zoobity-zooms over towards the Queen and tries to bop her with an extended chameleon-like tongue.

"Oh, that would be great! Thank you, Lyrina."
    The comment about evil is odd. Of course they wouldn't. Darkness is a good thing; a safe thing.
    You know how most darkness animals are evil? Lyrina wants to make sure she understands that she wont teach her to make that.

Lyrina teaches her!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #209

Out of character, I understand, but to Leah, darkness has always been a good, safe thing. She wouldn't want to make evil things. Do a bit of evil with them, maybe...

The woman learns, with a lot of failed attempts, each time looking enviously at the wolf that came to greet her. Finally, she ends up with a little dark cat like a hole in the domain. "Like this?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #210

Out of character, I understand, but to Leah, darkness has always been a good, safe thing. She wouldn't want to make evil things. Do a bit of evil with them, maybe...

The woman learns, with a lot of failed attempts, each time looking enviously at the wolf that came to greet her. Finally, she ends up with a little dark cat like a hole in the domain. "Like this?"
    That's really good!
    Lyrina pets the cat
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show