New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIV: Hats Are Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by Appleshy1973 View Post
    I'm on Fimfiction too as Appleloosa2011.
    I'm on as DigoDragon. I think.
    I sig'd it as my brain has a few bad sectors. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Appleshy1973 View Post
    Now for the upcoming epsiode on saturday.
    Spoiler
    Show
    04, E05 (First Aired: December 14, 2013)
    Scottaloo becomes convinced that the best way to carry the Ponyville flag at the Equestria Games is to fly.
    S4 Ep5 Scoots!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am STOKED for this one. Is this Scootaloo's coming-of-age moment where she finally learns to fly? Or is she still grounded but learns to cope with her lack of flight? I sense this is going to be another big episode that will split the fandom for discussion.

Also, what does karma have in store for our favorite bratty fillies, Diamond and silver? AHHHHHH, I find it so hard to wait.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    It reminds me very much of the thing some people do where they get into the habit of dissecting their entertainment as if it was a fanfic, tearing it apart with how it should have done things and going on about "constructive criticism" despite the fact that the show in question is already complete and they aren't actually talking to anyone for whom constructive criticism would be relevant. All that happens is that you train yourself to see the negative.
    People did that long before fanfic existed as a commonly available medium and without fanfic having any bearing on it.

Actually, "tearing it apart with how it should have done things and going on about 'constructive criticism'" could describe a lot what many reviewers do.

Come to that, in some cases (pony generally not among them), talented amatuers can manage to tell a better story than the actual thing they're sourcing from. Legitimacy is no garentee of quality by any stretch of the imagination (indeed, past a certain point, quality takes a nose-dive to "making crap faster to screw money out of the customers", see AAA games industry increasingly...)

I do wonder if part of the reason Soras doesn't like fanfiction partly because by it's nature it inspires examination of canon or creation of fanon and if Soras had any more of a bee in his bonnet about how canon and/or continuity should not be A Thing, I'd accuse him of being Discord... Seriously, at times it's like it's the Eighth Sin to him or something...! (The Ninth Sin would be Spoiler boxes, of course.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-12-11 at 09:44 AM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    People did that long before fanfic existed as a commonly available medium and without fanfic having any bearing on it.

Actually, "tearing it apart with how it should have done things and going on about 'constructive criticism'" could describe a lot what many reviewers do.

Come to that, in some cases (pony generally not among them), talented amatuers can manage to tell a better story than the actual thing they're sourcing from. Legitimacy is no garentee of quality by any stretch of the imagination (indeed, past a certain point, quality takes a nose-dive to "making crap faster to screw money out of the customers", see AAA games industry increasingly...)

I do wonder if part of the reason Soras doesn't like fanfiction partly because by it's nature it inspires examination of canon or creation of fanon and if Soras had any more of a bee in his bonnet about how canon and/or continuity should not be A Thing, I'd accuse him of being Discord... Seriously, at times it's like it's the Eighth Sin to him or something...! (The Ninth Sin would be Spoiler boxes, of course.)
    It is a reviewers job to dissect a show, a film, an album or whatever. They are there to dismantle it in such a way that someone on the fence can decide whether to look for themselves or not.

But its not a healthy approach when it comes to enjoying a show and it isn't constructive. You are actively training yourself to focus on the negative and the minutae, a process that actively makes it harder for you to enjoy things.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

I thought the Daring Do episode was hilarious. Loved the Rowling expy!
    Check out our O'Reilly Book, "Creating Augmented and Virtual Realities: Theory and Practice for Next-Generation Spatial Computing"
    I contributed Chapter 13: "Virtual Reality Enterprise Training Use Cases"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I'm on as DigoDragon. I think.
    I sig'd it as my brain has a few bad sectors. >_>

S4 Ep5 Scoots!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am STOKED for this one. Is this Scootaloo's coming-of-age moment where she finally learns to fly? Or is she still grounded but learns to cope with her lack of flight? I sense this is going to be another big episode that will split the fandom for discussion.

Also, what does karma have in store for our favorite bratty fillies, Diamond and ? AHHHHHH, I find it so hard to wait.
    Spoiler: Scoots
    Show
    I'm kinda hoping that the episode ends with her unable to fly, but with the implication that she might be able to fly later on, if she works hard or get's some kind of help.

Like, if there's hope, I'd like it to be a multi episode thing. not like a too parter, but like a monor running thread through some episodes, like seeing Scoots do wing Exercises in background shots or something. Or maybe Apple Bloom working on something in secret, only to revil in a later episode that it's a gadget of Some Kingd to give Scoots the lift she needs to fly proper, instead of hover and buzz about(Such a thing would be most appropriate if all the Crusaders got their Cutie Marks in the same episode)

I also hope that, if she turns out unable to fly permanently, that something good happens to her in episode to balance it out.

Like say, having a pseudo-sibling bonding moment with Rainbow Dash, were the elder Pegasus tells the younger that she doesn't need to fly to be awesome, mentioning the stunts the filly get's up to on her scooter.

Then Filly in question, sufficiently cheered up, goes for a Scooter ride, preforms a Suitably Sick-nasty Stunt, and earns a "Radically Scooting" cutie mark?

I just don't want it to be solved in just one episode, a disabled Scootallo spending a few episodes working on over coming or working around that disability, or coming to terms with and excepting(But not embracing*) said disability and moving on, would have so much potential as a story

Also, for anypony who follows the RP thread, even if Canon Scoots is permanantly unable to Fly, Scootabound isn't
    *sighs in relief*

*If somepony embraces their disability, then they invariably end up defining there lives by their disability, and when your life is defined by what you lack rather than what you have, that just meens your crippled twice over, and that's just sad
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    It is a reviewers job to dissect a show, a film, an album or whatever. They are there to dismantle it in such a way that someone on the fence can decide whether to look for themselves or not.

But its not a healthy approach when it comes to enjoying a show and it isn't constructive. You are actively training yourself to focus on the negative and the minutae, a process that actively makes it harder for you to enjoy things.
    ^I can attest to that. It's a very narrow line to walk when you're simultaneously trying to enjoy an experience and figure out why you're enjoying the experience. More often than not, you'll just end up going either hyper-critical, and ruining your enjoyment of the episode, or not being critical enough, and missing important details and facts. Don't get me wrong; it's an amazing skill to have, but it's so hard to pull off that I'd recommend against trying it unless you plan on using said skill for something concrete. It's far too easy to completely spoil your enjoyment of a show to really be worth it.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Aster Azul View Post
    I thought the Daring Do episode was hilarious. Loved the Rowling expy!
    My favorite part was the fight between Do and the cats. Jumping Celestia on a pogostick with a sidecar of jimmies that was an awesome fight. I fully endorse a show that gives little girls a female hero that can hold her own in a fight.

I've always been wanting to see more AJ action too. Tangling with the timberwolves in Spike at your Service was a really fun scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Show
    I'm kinda hoping that the episode ends with her unable to fly, but with the implication that she might be able to fly later on, if she works hard or get's some kind of help.

Like, if there's hope, I'd like it to be a multi episode thing. not like a too parter, but like a monor running thread through some episodes, like seeing Scoots do wing Exercises in background shots or something. Or maybe Apple Bloom working on something in secret, only to revil in a later episode that it's a gadget of Some Kingd to give Scoots the lift she needs to fly proper, instead of hover and buzz about(Such a thing would be most appropriate if all the Crusaders got their Cutie Marks in the same episode)

I also hope that, if she turns out unable to fly permanently, that something good happens to her in episode to balance it out.

Like say, having a pseudo-sibling bonding moment with Rainbow Dash, were the elder Pegasus tells the younger that she doesn't need to fly to be awesome, mentioning the stunts the filly get's up to on her scooter.

Then Filly in question, sufficiently cheered up, goes for a Scooter ride, preforms a Suitably Sick-nasty Stunt, and earns a "Radically Scooting" cutie mark?

I just don't want it to be solved in just one episode, a disabled Scootallo spending a few episodes working on over coming or working around that disability, or coming to terms with and excepting(But not embracing*) said disability and moving on, would have so much potential as a story
    Scoots 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    My personal opinion is... hard to decide. I'll actually be fine with whichever way they decide as long as they do it well enough to be a good episode:

1. If they keep status quo, but give hope that she'll evetually fly then the life lesson is not to push yourself to grow up so fast. Enjoy life at your own pace, not at other's opinions (yay!).
    2. If she can't fly at all, but still does awesome tricks on that scooter, then the life lesson is don't let what you can't do prevent you from what you can do (yay!).
    3. If she does fly, then the life lesson is you can accomplish what you're meant to do if you really work at it. Perseverence and practice will lead to good results (yay!).

So... yeah. As long as it's done well, i'll be okay with whatever choice they go with. Though if she earns her cutie mark out of this... that would make an awesome beginning of a sub-arc on the CMC all growing up and learning something about themselves. Hmm...
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    Spoiler
    Show

After all, we have the evidence of Snowflake, who was accepted as a Wonderbolt cadet.

Spoiler: More Scoots
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

This would also be brilliant, although from the previews I've seen I suspect that what will get her through will be the scooter skills. (I'm sure I've seen a brief shot where she jumps through a hoop with a banner on it, to applause)

What I really don't want is a "very special episode" type thing. (Although given the team's track record I reckon they could probably pull even that off - and they are one of the few production teams I would give that much credit to...)
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

9. - Top - End - #279

Pony Battle: March of the Black Alicorn
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want to make this a thing.

Okay, so I started up a game for "realsies" now that I learned how to use a hex editor to change names (kinda). I named the main character Celestia and have been trying to go for the best ending by keeping my Alignment and Reputation up. So here we are, General Celestia of the liberation army for... Zenobia I guess.

I decided to name the leaders of each group after a Ponythreader. Apologies in advance if you don't want your name used. I can remove it upon request. So far~

Unit #1: Celestia (Three fighters, a cleric, and Celestia). Has the highest ALI stat so I use this team to liberate the towns and keep my reputation up.

Unit #2: Diego & Unit #3: Erikun (Both are two fighters, cleric, wizard, led by a knight). These are my well-rounded combat teams. They run around the front lines knocking the enemy units around. The clerics keep these teams going for a while. Weird note: Diego tends to bump into neutral golems on the field. His team probably eats golem for breakfast.

Unit #4: SiuiS & Unit #5: Madcrafter (Two fighters, two amazons. SiuiS is led by a Valkyrie, Madcrafter by a Samurai). These are my defender teams. They sit on liberated towns and tank enemy leaders until their forces retreat.

These units were only recently created and have not been named yet~

Unit #6 & Unit #7 (Three fighters, cleric & wizard). These can be led by the cleric or wizard. They'll be pairing up with #2 and #3 as additional front line combat teams to keep the enemy from flanking us. A fighter on each team is very close to promotion to knight (yay).

Unit #8 & Unit #9 (Two fighters, amazon, two mages). Led by a mage, these are my pure magic spewing teams. I pondered naming them Rater and Lich, but haven't yet. Interesting tidbit, Celestia did get a random Undead Ring from a fight, meaning eventually I can promote someone to lich when they're high enough level.

Unit #10 (Wyrm, two amazons, Eagleman). This is my only flying team right now. I primarily use it as a scouting force or to chase down any enemy unit that travels quickly over weird terrain like water.

Other notes: Eventually all fighters will advance to knights and samurai. Amazons will either be promoted to clerics or valkyries depending on need. I really need to do fan art of Celestia as the main character of this game. I'm amused that she's often getting Luck bonuses when liberating towns, which leads to better treasure and MORE luck bonuses.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #280
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, so I started up a game for "realsies" now that I learned how to use a hex editor to change names (kinda). I named the main character Celestia and have been trying to go for the best ending by keeping my Alignment and Reputation up. So here we are, General Celestia of the liberation army for... Zenobia I guess.

I decided to name the leaders of each group after a Ponythreader. Apologies in advance if you don't want your name used. I can remove it upon request. So far~

Unit #1: Celestia (Three fighters, a cleric, and Celestia). Has the highest ALI stat so I use this team to liberate the towns and keep my reputation up.

Unit #2: Diego & Unit #3: Erikun (Both are two fighters, cleric, wizard, led by a knight). These are my well-rounded combat teams. They run around the front lines knocking the enemy units around. The clerics keep these teams going for a while. Weird note: Diego tends to bump into neutral golems on the field. His team probably eats golem for breakfast.

Unit #4: SiuiS & Unit #5: Madcrafter (Two fighters, two amazons. SiuiS is led by a Valkyrie, Madcrafter by a Samurai). These are my defender teams. They sit on liberated towns and tank enemy leaders until their forces retreat.

Unit #6 & Unit #7 (Three fighters, cleric & wizard). These can be led by the cleric or wizard. They'll be pairing up with #2 and #3 as additional front line combat teams to keep the enemy from flanking us. A fighter on each team is very close to promotion to knight (yay).

Unit #8 & Unit #9 (Two fighters, amazon, two mages). Led by a mage, these are my pure magic spewing teams. I pondered naming them Rater and Lich, but haven't yet. Interesting tidbit, Celestia did get a random Undead Ring from a fight, meaning eventually I can promote someone to lich when they're high enough level.

Unit #10 (Wyrm, two amazons, Eagleman). This is my only flying team right now. I primarily use it as a scouting force or to chase down any enemy unit that travels quickly over weird terrain like water.

Other notes: Eventually all fighters will advance to knights and samurai. Amazons will either be promoted to clerics or valkyries depending on need. I really need to do fan art of Celestia as the main character of this game. I'm amused that she's often getting Luck bonuses when liberating towns, which leads to better treasure and MORE luck bonuses.
    Aww, thanks. Ogre Battle is one of my favorite games, and so I do appreciate getting a unit named after me! Just ask me if you want some advice on building units together or anything else in the game.

Re: Fanfiction
    I'm erikun over on FimFiction, if anyone cares.

I tend to be fine with fanfiction, because A.) It is an intention deviation from canon, and so no matter how justified someone thinks it is, any story will be as non-canon as Rainbow Dash Eats the World, and B.) It gives me a chance to look at a different interpretation of the characters than my own. I think one of the reasons I tend to prefer these alternate-universe stories is that they force a reinterpretation of the characters by their very nature, and so there isn't the implied assumption that the author is trying to make their revision to the main characters as a "canon" interpretation.

I guess that's my favorite part about Daring Don't; it's making people think about their personal interpretation on how Equestria works. Plus, it's fun to watch all the flailing as they desperately try to reason out some of the crazier ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, thanks. Ogre Battle is one of my favorite games, and so I do appreciate getting a unit named after me! Just ask me if you want some advice on building units together or anything else in the game.
    Glad you approve! I just might go start an Ogre Battle thread over in the video games section for just such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    any story will be as non-canon as Rainbow Dash Eats the World
    *Stops*

*Blinks*

*Googles*

*Doesn't get anything nearly as horrific as he thought he would*

Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #282

Okay, guys.

I can't say why, but I'm having a really really really bad day.

I need up cheering,

help?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Barbarian in the Playground

As far as I'm concerned Daring Do being real is possibly the least interesting thing about the episode. A violent criminal element exists in Equestria. There are non-Equestrian pony cultures and civilizations. Civilized Equestria is surrounded by ill-explored wilderness full of dangers and wonders. Powerful magical artifacts abound if you know how and where to look. This was a ton of world-building for just one episode that sowed many, many possible story-seeds for fans to explore.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, guys.

I need up cheering,

help?
    Huggles!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285

Fun Octavia/Vinyl animation: Take a Bow

S4 Ep6 Power Ponies Spoiler Screen Cap
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice, pony falls into vat of goop, turns into super villain. Straightforward old school cheese. I think this one will be fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    As far as I'm concerned Daring Do being real is possibly the least interesting thing about the episode. A violent criminal element exists in Equestria. There are non-Equestrian pony cultures and civilizations. Civilized Equestria is surrounded by ill-explored wilderness full of dangers and wonders. Powerful magical artifacts abound if you know how and where to look. This was a ton of world-building for just one episode that sowed many, many possible story-seeds for fans to explore.
    I've been exploring that with my Outlaw Mares fanfics. Wild west filled with lost artifacts, dangerous organizations of ponies, and garnished with a side of steam-tech. So... yeah, what you said.

I need up cheering
    How about some Rainbow. And. Pinkie?
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2013-12-11 at 07:50 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Just to make sure I'm getting it, the box is the Gom Jabbar right?
    Nope, that's the Lament Configuration from the Hellraiser film series.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MLai View Post
    This is a curious stance in a thread where there's a gushing fimfic suggestion on practically every other page.
    And a very curious stance for a fandom that's largely created out of the fan-generated material surrounding the original canon media.
    I think you're trying too hard.
    You see me making them? Heck do you see me responding to them?

And a fanfic is a very different creature from artwork, a parody comic, a video or a song. Aside from the greater technical skill to realize those, they are not generally storytelling.

Even the hivemind gestalt creation of the "Other Mane Six" and the like is radically different, being largely a convergence of general points. Not specific executions.

Oh and I hate fanfic in fandom. There's only one fandom you know... because its pretty much all the same.

And still nobody seems to criticize the actual content of my post. I guess it's a good idea, then.
    The content is not particularly relevant so there's no reason to. A little summary verb next to an entire episode, that's more then a little dubious under the best of circumstances. One has the terrible burden of having had to actually exist and the other only really exists in the mind of it (understandably) greatest partisan, its creator.

And for that matter sufficiently different concepts are even more dubious to compare in opposition. That rather quickly becomes like saying sci-fi is worse then historical fiction. Instead they're just different choices.

That narrow range where something is sufficiently similar to be better is the exception not the rule far as I'm concerned.

(And none of this should be taken to imply I actually think your idea particularly good even on its own merits, I simply am not rating it)

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Meh they had fanfics before the net as we know it. Slash and Mary Sue come from Trekkies before TNG iirc. Probably old as the hills if you count "unauthorized versions" from back in the day.

Though yes more the symtom then the cause, albeit an exacerbating one.

Something I've personally noted lacking in professional reviews in contrast to say... your Nostalgia Critic types.

Certainly the exception not the rule. And I handle exceptions as exactly that... exceptions. Those should not be hid behind, that's a disingenuous standard that smacks of using any straw in the wind to avoid just quoting Mythbusters joke on the nature of reality.

(Sidebar: For the record, video games are generally rubbish storytellers. Especially you Bethesda!)

People assume that canon is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually — from a non-inconsistent, non-subjective viewpoint — it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... canony-wanony... stuff.

Oh and I wouldn't hate spoilerboxes if I didn't view them as a gateway drug to ridiculous spoilerphobia.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Okay, guys.

I need up cheering,

help?
    What do you know, I had a cruddy day to.
    One of my D&D buddies apparently forgot they were having their birthday party the day they had said was ok of a session.
    Lost control of myself twice. Both times got really bad. Especially discouraging seeing as I had been doing really well recently.

Ah well. time to lick the wound, learn the lessons and move on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nice, pony falls into vat of goop, turns into super villain. Straightforward old school cheese. I think this one will be fun for me.
    Out of interest what episode number is Power Ponies?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I am honoured!

I think I played this game once. Didn't get very far. Don't remember why.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have golems to eat. OM NOM NOM.

Okay, guys.

I need up cheering,

help?
    :<

Spoiler: Happy pic for Rater
    Show

Spoiler: Additional Funny
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

20. - Top - End - #290

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Huggles!
    Spoiler
    Show
    How about some Rainbow. And. Pinkie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I am honoured!

I think I played this game once. Didn't get very far. Don't remember why.

:<

Spoiler: Happy pic for Rater
    Show

Spoiler: Additional Funny
    Show
    thank you.
    /AAAAAAABoIE/kUNB7SNMNAY/s1600/Power+Ponies.PNG"]Power Ponies Spoiler Screen Cap[/URL]
    Spoiler
    Show

I've been exploring that with my Outlaw Mares fanfics. Wild west filled with lost artifacts, dangerous organizations of ponies, and garnished with a side of steam-tech. So... yeah, what you said.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is her majesty wearing a purple Santa hat?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, guys.

I need up cheering,

help?
    Spoiler: Hugs
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Go-Go Power Ponies!
    Show
    She's no Joker, but it'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Number Six.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2013-12-11 at 08:42 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Spoiler: Hugs
    Show

thank you.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Isn't it Ninja? (Gamerlord should be correct with #6)

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    After this recent fight, Golems are now my mortal enemy.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2013-12-11 at 09:51 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Well since its been used openly in thread and is old as crap now anyways...

Anyone else got a creeping suspicion Power Ponies is going to take a lot of (good-natured?) swipes at how silly entertainment for boys is?

25. - Top - End - #295

Saw the newest episode, finally.

And right now, the burning question I have is why in Equestria would Ahuizotl want to cause 800 years of scorching heat? What's the point?

Also, why the heck does he have that little kitty? Meta-wise, it's Rule of Funny, but in-universe, what purpose could that tiny cat possibly serve when he has equally vicious cats of much larger size?

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    Well, my RP has definitely become much more plausible. Especially since barbarian ponies are definitely a thing now.
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.
    If you enjoy Self-Inserts, Worm, and/or Mistborn, check out Preservation.

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Doom View Post
    Well, my RP has definitely become much more plausible. Especially since barbarian ponies are definitely a thing now.
    ...you're not going to give us a side quest involving Azuiotl now, are you?

though I have to admit, a unicorn martial artist on the path to ascension, a professonal adventurer with no defined future, a master alchemist, a changeling inquisitor, a member of the military with expertize in Architecture and engineering, a griffon with aspirations of royalty, and the old guy directing them, all in search of five magic artifacts that will lead them to the crown of an ancient griffon King.

That totally sounds like a group that Daring would encounter.

granted, we'd probably be the antagonists in that story.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2013-12-11 at 10:24 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #297

...you're not going to give us a side quest involving Azuiotl now, are you?
    Probably not.

Although given that you're hunting ancient artifacts, there's always a possibility that they'll get involved as part of the plot rather than being a sidequest.
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.

28. - Top - End - #298

Probably not.

Although given that you're hunting ancient artifacts, there's always a possibility that they'll get involved as part of the plot rather than being a sidequest.
    my prior post has been updated with more info.

also, we're still pre season 4 right?

...I can't decide if Adamant has read any of the Daring Doo Books or not.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2013-12-11 at 10:26 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #299

though I have to admit, a unicorn martial artist on the path to ascension, a professonal adventurer with no defined future, a master alchemist, a changeling inquisitor, a member of the military with expertize in Architecture and engineering, a griffon with aspirations of royalty, and the old guy directing them, all in search of five magic artifacts that will lead them to the crown of an ancient griffon King.

That totally sounds like a group that Daring would encounter.

granted, we'd probably be the antagonists in that story.
    Heck, a group like that may be enough to make Daring and Ahuizotl temporarily team up to stop them. It's not like either one could stop that group alone...

my prior post has been updated with more info.

also, we're still pre season 4 right?

...I can't decide if Adamant has read any of the Daring Doo Books or not.
    Still pre-season 4. Though I may implement information from them, such as Daring Do and Ahuizotl actually being real beings or the existence of the Tree of Harmony.
    IC thread

OOC thread

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Also, why the heck does he have that little kitty? Meta-wise, it's Rule of Funny, but in-universe, what purpose could that tiny cat possibly serve when he has equally vicious cats of much larger size?
    Its simply, Fluffy there keeps all the rest in line... because they're a bunch of big puss.. es