New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXIV: Hats Are Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Edit:
    Spoiler: S4E4
    Show
    Anyone else notice that when Twi used her magic at the party, her entire hat glowed?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, her horn is in her hat.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Pixelkitties strikes again! (as always with these, nothing here we didn't know about the episode before it aired)
    Spoiler
    Show
    And then everypony lynched R R Mareton...

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Ladies and Gentlecolts I bring you....

Spoiler: New Episode Meme Fuel
    Show

Much better then Twicanes.
    Spoiler: s4e4
    Show
    I saw that and immediately thought "that's so going to be taken out of context by the fandom." On reflection, I am totaly sure the show staff knew that too and did it deliberately...

So, no-one picked up that things were one Rainbow Dash stalking-incident away from 80% of a millenium of scorching daylight? I mean, seriously, KIND OF BIG THING TO MISS, Princesses!

Frag, it's not even going to occur to Twilight to even tell Celestia how close to the literal end of the world is it?

By 'eck though, Luna would have been pissed.

Spoiler: Daring Don't
    Show
    It only affects a single valley, so my interpretation is that the rings focus the sunlight in some way to increase its power over an area, rather than affecting the sun in any way
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did they actually say it was just the valley earlier? Because Ahuizotl just said he was unleashing 800 of swelting heat while bragging to Daring Doo, so if it only affected the valley, I must have missed that.

If so, it makes it marginally less insane for Celestia to have missed it.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-12-07 at 06:59 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did they actually say it was just the valley earlier? Because Ahuizotl just said he was unleashing 800 of swelting heat while bragging to Daring Doo, so if it only affected the valley, I must have missed that.

If so, it makes it marginally less insane for Celestia to have missed it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    At 9:07, when Daring calls Dr. Caballero a fool, she says he's dooming the valley to 800 years of unrelenting heat. The valley, not the world.

Edit: And who knows, maybe Celestia knows Daring and trusted her to keep an eye on exactly this sort of thing. She may even be in the employ of the princess for all we know
    Last edited by Deadly; 2013-12-07 at 07:02 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    At 9:07, when Daring calls Dr. Caballero a fool, she says he's dooming the valley to 800 years of unrelenting heat. The valley, not the world.

Edit: And who knows, maybe Celestia knows Daring and trusted her to keep an eye on exactly this sort of thing. She may even be in the employ of the princess for all we know
    Spoiler
    Show
    In her majesty's secret service, perhaps?

I think the fandoms just got crossed.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

You know, that one thing I am waiting on the fandom to do is calculate the amount of force in the blast Celestia took from Nightmare Moon, along with the force of the subsequent fall she took, Cause that is an impressive amount of damage to shrug off and only be stunned for like... 5 seconds.

Granted, that was a thousand years ago, and she's petty up in age now, but the fandom should have a quantifying number of how tough a true princess of Equestria is in her prime.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    In her majesty's secret service, perhaps?

I think the fandoms just got crossed.
    Nah, that's Northern Spy Apple! Who does work in the murky world of culinariary espionage and has his own sea-pony chorus!

Shpy. Northern Shpy. Lishenced to grill.

Oh please, for the love of Lichemaster, do not let him dig out those food-related Bond spoofs again!

Ah shaddup, Northern Spy is awesome and you know it!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2013-12-07 at 07:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    You know, that one thing I am waiting on the fandom to do is calculate the amount of force in the blast Celestia took from Nightmare Moon, along with the force of the subsequent fall she took, Cause that is an impressive amount of damage to shrug off and only be stunned for like... 5 seconds.

Granted, that was a thousand years ago, and she's petty up in age now, but the fandom should have a quantifying number of how tough a true princess of Equestria is in her prime.
    It'd be a tough one to guesstimate, looking at the scene again. Especially given the disagreement on the actual size of the ponies themselves, which is the only thing we'd have to compare to. The fall has a small section cut off, and a bit of perspective warping, and the death rays would need to be calibrated to the stuff they destroy. It'd be an interesting challenge. That I would happily attempt on a less busy day.
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2013-12-07 at 07:32 PM.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

8. - Top - End - #98

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: E4
    Show
    Heat, yes, but I'm not clear on where you're getting sun-manipulation. There are, after all, other ways to heat an area than by subjecting it to increased sunlight; possibilities that occur to me off the top of my head include glass domes and volcanoes.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Show
    Heat, yes, but I'm not clear on where you're getting sun-manipulation. There are, after all, other ways to heat an area than by subjecting it to increased sunlight; possibilities that occur to me off the top of my head include glass domes and volcanoes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Or, you know, magic.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

It was inevitable
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Her home, perhaps, but she must spend a lot of money on food and other stuff to care for all those many, many animals. Also, I'm not convinced that she works as a vet, and even pet shop is debatable. She seems to help out with music at official events, too, but over all she doesn't really have a clearly defined job.

Also, it's a tree? Looks like a regular cottage with moss-covered roof. Twilight and Zecora are the only ones who live in trees, I'm pretty sure
    Ummm, Sustenance farming anyone? I mean it's a pseudo 19th century rural setting, maybe she farm her own vegetables or Applejack supplied her food for free or manure.
    And she also killed worms and fish too. In addition, the comic showed her enjoying "circle of life".
    Pixelkitties strikes again! (as always with these, nothing here we didn't know about the episode before it aired)
    Spoiler
    Show
    So how would pony names for author would be like?
    - George RR Mareton (George RR Martin of A Song of Ice and Fire)
    - A.K. Yearling (JK Rowling of Harrypotter)
    - Brian Saddleson (Brian Sanderson of Mistborn)
    - Robert Groningen (Robert Jordan of Wheel of Time)
    http://csimadmax.deviantart.com/art/...-END-418238469
    Angel, you kinky lil' bastard.
    Last edited by t209; 2013-12-07 at 08:04 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

So,

Show
    I liked this ep, I was freaking out and cracking up the entire way through.

The only real complaints I have are 1: so much for the theory that twilight's mom was writing the Daring Do books and 2: I go fangasum a lot, but even I'M not gonna be so busy doing it that in a potential life or death situation I'm gonna let that affect what I'm doing/blind me from acting.

Oh, and in addition, the Cat with the black eye and Dash from right before she stopped slapping herself and commented "that's stating to hurt" should be meme material by now.
    "I Burn!"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Barbarian in the Playground

It was inevitable
    Show
    Oh god.

May everypony in the main six have a cane.

Show
    Dr. Cabelleron(?) has it good.
    Last edited by Dirtytabs; 2013-12-07 at 09:01 PM.
    Blargh slaves crystals crystals blargh zimmerwald1915. Internets: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Fedora View Post
    Dirtytabs, Dirtytabs
    Friendly Ponythread Dirtytabs
    To her friends she's a gem
    She makes lovely art for them
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I don't always save pony images, but when I do, they're usually DirtyTabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    +100 Exp for Dirtytabs.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    It only affects a single valley, so my interpretation is that the rings focus the sunlight in some way to increase its power over an area, rather than affecting the sun in any way
    Spoiler: Episode Four
    Show

Two thoughts; Firstly, did they say anything about it being 800 years of daytime, or was it just 800 years of heat? Because that's two different things.

Secondly, given I personally like the idea that night/day is wibbly wobbly and that night as an emanation of the moon was somewhere between hinted at and confirmed just a couple of episodes ago, I'm cool with the idea of there being a valley, cursed so that the sun never sets and it's eternal, baking hot day.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

It was inevitable
    Show
    Oh fer the love of...

16. - Top - End - #106

How are we to know the power of the blast? If it destroys something, all we know is the minimum possible force and thus the minimum durability of Celestia. If it hits something and doesn't destroy it, all we have is the maximum possible force.
    I run the Five Gems campaign, where ponies, griffons, and changlings search for five mystical gems to unlock the vault to the mighty Crown of the Griffon King.
    IC thread

OOC thread

If you like DC, Marvel, and Worm, check out Invincible, wherein Emma Barnes triggers with the Kryptonian package.
    If you enjoy Self-Inserts, Worm, and/or Mistborn, check out Preservation.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Wow.

This episode.

Its like watching Ponythread in animated form....
    Really, that's about the best summary of this episode one could possibly write.

Spoiler: S4E4: More thoughts!
    Show
    A really fun episode. I could've sworn we were going to get the "It's all just a movie set!" gag at the end, but I suppose that goes to show I'm going to be bad for predictions this season. Ah well.

I was initially bothered by Dash's blundering - you've bucked dragons in the face, show some competence for goodness sakes! - but the lesson actually made me alright with it. Maybe it's because I've had that problem before; admiring somebody and their work so much, that anything you do seems like trash by comparison. And let me tell you, it can do far worse things to you than what it did to Dash. Bravo to the episode for tackling a not-often talked about lesson like this one.

I suppose I'm also a little disappointed that Rainbow Dash wasn't just self-inserting herself as Daring Do, and that the two of them really do look alike, but I think that's just me being petty. Did we actually see Daring Do on the book cover before this one? Because if we did, then that renders that complaint completely moot anyway.

A few more positives; Rainbow Dash fangirling is the best thing. Twilight Sparkle fangirling is the best thing. The two of them fangirling together is one of the greatest things. Monkey villain with the crazy name has a fantastic evil villain voice. The parallels with our own wait for new pony seasons are uncanny; methinks the writers had fun with that.

All in all, season four continues to start strong.

Ladies and Gentlecolts I bring you....

Spoiler: New Episode Meme Fuel
    Show

Much better then Twicanes.
    Nobody told me S4 was animated by Dreamworks.

I have an even better idea:

Spoiler: Not a Spoiler, Brace Yourself Anyways
    Show
    He's a maniac! A maniaaaaaaaaaac!

Heh, pretty amusing. :)

S4 Daring Don't
    Spoiler
    Show
    I *Still* am curious about the fact Do and all her villains are real beings. Have they read the books? Does Celestia know Ahuizotl is a threat that could potentially cause Equestria some problems?
    Show
    Who's to say Daring Do isn't the very pony she sent to deal with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Just watched today's ep. One of the best, imo. Felt wonderful at the end. Much awesome.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sure we'll get around to working out all the wonky details of Daring Do actually being real at some point, but, it's not like her power scale is really out of whack or anything. The books make her money to fund her adventuring and they only record past events (and leave out details like knowing how the rings work to hold up the fortress), so I doubt that either she or Ahuizotl care all that much. Plus, Daring gets to wear those nice red glasses for a change of pace.
    Show
    The whole concept of an adventurer funding their work by writing a "fictional" series about their adventures is fantastic.

EDIT:

Oh, and have some spoiler-filled speculation that I won't dare to reproduce here.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-12-07 at 11:02 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Amongst the new episode talk, I don't think people have realized that Ponies the Anthology 3 has been released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPW9ki-IfZ8

19. - Top - End - #109
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Amongst the new episode talk, I don't think people have realized that Ponies the Anthology 3 has been released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPW9ki-IfZ8
    Dat Paper Mario opening.

Also, the out of context bounty for this episode is off the charts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Spoiler: S4 Daring Don't
    Show
    What kind of idiot makes removing a single ring destroy their entire fortress? Oh wait, a Dwarf. Losing is fun!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, Sauron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Show
    Show
    In the shots of the nearly-completed placing ritual, the ring frames a lens-flaring sun. The two seem commected to me. However, sun manipulation does not imply raising and lowering the sun, and eight hundred years of yeat does not imply eight hundred years of daylight. The rings could move the planet closer to the sun, or contract the solar celestial sphere if you prefer that cosmology.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Spamalot in the Playground

Well, I'm back from Vegas...

...not really. Was at my job's holiday party and they set it up like a casino so we got to play for prizes. My wife and I played what we dubbed "Calvin Blackjack" with the most awesome dealer in North America.

Got a consolation prize of a bottle of red wine from the CEO.

I made a gif of my own.
    That's AWESOME!!

S4 Daring Do
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice Mortal Combat reference. She really fought well against those cats.

It occurred to me that today's episode doesn't hurt my OC changeling in the Outlaw Mares fanfic series at all (Zeeps, who often disguises herself as Daring Do). Seems most folks just don't know she's real, so the premise of being a 'cosplayer' can still hold.

Episode initial thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    And... nopony, Celestia, considered this might be, I dunno, something that might be important?

Especially since the exist rings can bring about 800 years of eternal sunshine, apparently in defiance of the Princesses? No? *skullpalm*
    S4 Villainy
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's what I was thinking. Others said that Ahuwhateveryornameis was "small potatoes" compared to what Equestria is used to (and there's good merit in that argument). However... yeah there's some loopholes with all these characters being real.

Like I said, someone just needs to get a hold of something powerful on an Alicorn-Amulet-level and then there's a real problem.

Though really, what was the point in bringing on 800 years of Florida weather to just a valley? Was there a large civilization living there? Seemed pretty pointless as we got no context on the scale of damage such a thing could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately Pinkie's take on the gag seems rather tame after The Emperor's New Groove, step up your game girl!
    S4 Gag
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, ENG's take was more amusing. Complete with lampshading when Kuzco asked Izma how they got to the lab first and the map was referenced. That was the best part.

Edit:
    Show
    Anyone else notice that when Twi used her magic at the party, her entire hat glowed?
    S4 Hats
    Spoiler
    Show
    I noticed that yeah. I'd wager it's just so the audience knows she's using magic, but it could be head-canoned that the horn's aura is wider than the hat, thus encompassing it.

What's the SI unit for magical blasts? Sombras?

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    Oh fer the love of...
    Luna's. Left. Hoof.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler: Episode Four
    Show

Two thoughts; Firstly, did they say anything about it being 800 years of daytime, or was it just 800 years of heat? Because that's two different things.
    S4 Plot
    Spoiler
    Show
    800 years of sweltering heat is what Ahuwhateveryournameis said it would be. Which doesn't necessarily mean you have constant sun. In the summer, it can get pretty sweltering here at night.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Show
    Who's to say Daring Do isn't the very pony she sent to deal with them?
    S4 Daring Do
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we have no info either way on that, but if it's so... why only have one pony on it? Twi at least got her five friends and a dragon to back her up in case things go south.

Good grief that's a long one. Gonna have to bookmark it for tomorrow.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

So
    Spoiler: Spoiler from MLP Comic #11
    Show
    So either Twilight's mom as Daring author has changed or she just wrote some novel, ala Brian Sanderson on Wheel of Time except it's temporary measure.

Anyway, any pony author names, other than A.K. Yearling and George R.R. Mareton.
    - Brian Saddleson
    - John D. Saddlegar
    - F. Scott Foalsgerald
    - Robert Groningen (anything that's close to Jordan?)
    - H.P. Cutiecraft
    - Robert Hayward (need Howard replacement)
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

S4E4
    Spoiler
    Show
    ok, i thought "daring do is real" was kinda weak, but the the episode's lesson was awesome. so many things ignore hero worship or make the hero a legitimately terrible person and totally miss the point.

whole thing felt rushed, too.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    So yeah. Was that just a massive screw you to the fandom and fandoms in general? Darin Do being real is kind of cool, but other than that, I got no humor out of the episode, and the plot kind of just showed up and ended really quick at the end. No explanations at the end either. Why was that one big ring keeping the infrastructure of a fortress sound? What was the point of the little ring that was stolen? Where's the characters even reacting to the fact that Daring Do's stories are REAL? Not that there are many to compare to, but so far definitely the worst episode of the season.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

S4E4

Spoiler
    Show
    Enjoyed it. On balance, a little sad to see the Mane6 lose all their Changeling Kung fu powers as plot demands, but was happy for the relatively light hearted episode all the same.

Like Amish, I thought it was all leading up to a reveal that they were acting for a movie. Glad I was wrong!

And yes, so many meme faces. I'm especially surprised that I haven't seen memes of the Daring Do jump kick face yet. (Seen here, complete with cheesy anime bgm!)

26. - Top - End - #116

Today was a day in the life of the Pinnacle of Pony Achievement, Comet Kicker!

I missed a session during my walkabout, but on the upshot it had been primarily memory orb adventures. Apparently Cirrus Kicker, a distant relative of Comet's, was palling around with the Priestess before the world ended. May become relevant later, I don't know.

We'd just rocked up at Petraville, which was an incredibly well-armed griffon fort that was doing plenty well at keeping the area surrounding free of hatecrystals. While we were there, we met up with an old acquaintance of the party's, before my time - Mania, the earth pony doctor, who was exceedingly evasive about if she was an actual doctor. Now, I'm not a pony to judge another's medical qualifications, but when Fasanoma decided to offer her services as a medic to the town during her spare time she got a line out the door instantly.

Anyway, Mania was pretty generous as wasteland psychopaths went, and she happily furnished us with twenty "megadrugs" ("what do they do?" "I'll let you have them for free if you find out the answer to that question for me!") and a portable x-ray machine that'll hopefully be a useful alternative to surprise elective surgery on local power figures. Comet Kicker then had a deep and involved conversation with Mania on combat drugs and proper dosages (to justify a purchase of the Chem Resistant perk).

See, mechanically Comet Kicker's more or less hit her peak. She's never going to get better at damage output than she is now - anything from this point onwards is going to be making her skillset broader rather than taller. However, because I'm a game system theorist I identified that the best way to enhance my potential was to increase my training with combat drugs, which can enhance my survivability drastically in ways that I wouldn't be able to achieve otherwise.

Or, as Poppyfields summarised: "So, because you've reached the limits of your natural ability you turned to illegal drugs to push yourself further? Just like a real athlete I guess."

Anyway, later Poppyfields made a killing by using her powers of INFINITE CLEAN WATER to sell hot baths to the townsfolk and made a bundle. It was a good evening.

So following this we started heading south to finally get to the Ministry of Awesome base. It's a super long walk so we went from town to town to make sure everypony on our way there was holding up fine. We had a montage of fight scenes toppling evil crystal monoliths and saving townsfolk.

And then we arrived at a lumberyard that was infested with evil hatecrystals. A dozen ponies were trapped inside these hatecrystals in crystalline cocoons, the life being drained out of them by evil necromantic magic! However, Comet Kicker quite reasonably assumed that a giant fight was likely to happen here and while everypony else was poking around with the trapped ponies, she was rigging the place with C4 just in case.

Sure enough, just after we'd cut one pony out of the crystal shell, the lumberyard exploded and something emerged - a two storey high animate statue of King Sombra.

"You know, this is creepy," said Comet Kicker. "If it was, like, a giant spider or wasp or something I'd be so over that. But this is weird because it's a giant pony. Something about that just doesn't sit right with me."

"JUST BLOW IT UP!" screamed Fasanoma.

"Oh, okay," said Comet, coming to and setting off her C4. Damn near blows the bastard's head off, but it kept coming and combat was joined.

Comet Kicker immediately decided to open by hitting herself with a Megadrug. How these things work is that the GM rolls a bunch of times on the 'random drugs' table and gives us those effects. Comet Kicker got Party Time Mint-Als, Med-X and Rage. This gave Comet Kicker an intelligence of 10 (normal max is 10, so that's 'super genius' level) charisma of fifteen. So she's semi-divine, beyond intelligent, immune to pain and psychotically angry.

However, as Comet Kicker started bringing the lightning and Poppyfields' scintillating Arcane Knives tore into it we noticed something terrible happening - the captured slaves were having their life force torn from them and used to regenerate the monster. Poppyfields, showing her usual insane approach to magic science, tried to grab the evil necromantic tendrils with her telekinisis to see what happened. Turns out that she managed to stop it, but she got a brainful of horrible despair nightmare.

Comet, who's brain was running at a billion cycles a second, figured that she needed a way to one-shot the giant Sombra golem before it drained the rest of it's slaves. Fortunately, super genius helps with this - she flew down into one of the lumberyard sheds, activated the huge rusting industrial saw, and then flew up above it and launched a scathing critique of King Sombra's socioeconomic model and empire building skills. Successfully baited, the abomination charged right at her.

And then Comet and Poppyfields focused fire on it's leg right as it was above the sawhouse. The limb blew out, it fell face-first into the saw, and was basically instantly destroyed in the process. Killing with mentats!

After the battle, we performed a bunch of experimental surgery with the surviving captives, replicating more-or-less the process we'd performed on Rock to remove the hatecrystals from their hearts by using the soul-sucking stone Solid Steel had given us. In the process we discovered that if there was an exposed soul in the vicinity of the soul stone it sucked it in and ate it. Bad news. But we managed to save about half of the dozen captives, so we did pretty well.

However, in the process the unicorns had an insightful discussion with supergenius Comet Kicker about the principles of necromancy and learned enough from the process to begin taking Necromancy perks. Comet Kicker then immediately crashed off her Mentats - "I'm - I'm not - aw. Aw. I was just getting to like being smart. I... guess I'll go fly around really fast, I think I used to like that for some reason."

So, that's us! Poppyfields, embarking down the path of necromancy, Comet Kicker down the path of drug abuse, and Rock Solid down the path of unnecessary cybersurgery. We're the best heroes ever!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Spamalot in the Playground

Celestia and Luna have an EPIC snow fight:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sweetie Belle's Minecraft face:
    Spoiler
    Show

Show
    So yeah. Was that just a massive screw you to the fandom and fandoms in general? Darin Do being real is kind of cool, but other than that, I got no humor out of the episode, and the plot kind of just showed up and ended really quick at the end. No explanations at the end either. Why was that one big ring keeping the infrastructure of a fortress sound? What was the point of the little ring that was stolen? Where's the characters even reacting to the fact that Daring Do's stories are REAL? Not that there are many to compare to, but so far definitely the worst episode of the season.
    S4 Ep4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, this one felt like the weakest of the four so far. I think Castle-mania's lighthearted antics were funnier, plus it involved more of the cast for longer screen time. In Ep4 we see a whole mess of new characters, but they only get a quick cameo and then we don't see them again. It's like... throwing away a neat idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Today Pinnacle

Comet
    I think everyone should get attacked by a huge animated Sombra statue at some point in their adventuring career. I liked that scene. Crazy combo of drug effects. Super smart AND angry! XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Huh ... apparently I'm in the minority who actually thought this was a great episode with near-zero problems. That's a new feeling.

This supposedly isn't a humanized Rainbow Dash, just a completely unrelated OC ... but, you know, I choose to say this is totally Rainbow Dash sight-seeing the big city.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Huh ... apparently I'm in the minority who actually thought this was a great episode with near-zero problems. That's a new feeling.
    ...I liked it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Celestia and Luna have an EPIC snow fight:
    Spoiler
    Show

[/SPOILER]
    What is that weird critter Celestia is using?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Today was a day in the life of the Pinnacle of Pony Achievement, Comet Kicker!
    So, that's us! Poppyfields, embarking down the path of necromancy, Comet Kicker down the path of drug abuse, and Rock Solid down the path of unnecessary cybersurgery. We're the best heroes ever!
    It isn't a real game of Fallout (Be it of the Equestrian variety or otherwise) until you've got at least one person hooked up on half the drugs in existence.
    It was inevitable
    Show
    Shall this evil never cease it's torments? Must all Bronies continue to fear the Cane that lurks in the shadows?
    This supposedly isn't a humanized Rainbow Dash, just a completely unrelated OC ... but, you know, I choose to say this is totally Rainbow Dash sight-seeing the big city.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I do not see how that could possibly be anything but humanized Rainbow Dash.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2013-12-08 at 09:41 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".