New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Heresy of Ignorance- IC Dark Heresy Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynebot View Post
    Mordekai didn't flinch, growing up in Evverac meant fear wasn't new to him, although he wasn't sure how he would handle torture. Never happened yet. "I've failed already, unless Bronsworth is actually dead." Mordekai hung his head. Trying to ready himself to feel the burning pain.
    'Who is Bronsworth?' said Lyria, frowning. Then she had a moment of realisation. 'Who were you sent to kill? What were you told about that person? I think you may have been lied to.'

She handed out mugs of recaf to her fellow acolytes, those that had asked for them.
    Last edited by Manticorkscrew; 2014-07-04 at 01:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Kalirush for the most excellent Avatar.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordekai growled, "Unless their dead it doesn't matter."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quixos leant in close, just out of reach from a headbutt, but close enough. "I don't think you realise what you have gotten into. You have tried to kill an agent of the Imperial Inquisition. You are currently a suspected Heretic of the worst kind. Once we finish here, you will be shipped to an Inquisition stronghold where they will carry out much worse. I have heard they can keep people alive for years, even bringing them back from the dead. When they finally let you die, you will stand infront of the Emperor and face his eternal judgement."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordekai's head snapped up a look of utter bewilderment flashed on his face before turning to anger. "Lies!" He spits out. "I would not dare touch the Emperor's soldiers." His mind was spinning, dropping his head down he draws himself in mentally. Thinking and waiting.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

It had been a shame that the conversation was cut short, it was starting to get interesting with the Tech-Priest. He noted a few of the ways he ticked, the words he chose, knowing there was much more to the story than said, but not knowing which way it in fact was going to go. He had been about to continue on when suddenly things went quite pear shaped. Suddenly there was a bleeding interrogator, an assassin of some ilk from the way things seemed to be progressing, and the promises of a very messy torture session. Fire was not clean. Well, not for the room at least, though the Sisters have told him about it's Cleansing Properties to the soul.

He did quirk an eyebrow, noting the canister on that flamer that the temporary interrogator seemed to be playing with. An interesting tidbit, if only because it seemed to be of a design that they weren't making for several years. And one that just happened to come out of the Manufactorium that they had raided but a day ago, as it was a place making promethium fuel canisters back when it was functioning in the light of the Emperor's blessings. (( OOC Note: At least as I recall, correct me if I'm wrong. ))

Silias took the offered mug of recaf, offering Lyria a smile and a nod of his head, "Thanks love, I needed it to settle myself, after..." he trailed off, clearly impacted by the wounded, brutalized form of the Interrogator as he sipped his recaf a bit.

He watched Quixos conducting his interrogation and frowned a bit, sipping once more. The Assassin seemed fairly tough and unlikely to break that easily. His thoughts slowly considering the problems at hand.
    Currently sick as a dog and unable to focus properly. Will heal soon.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quixos smiled and inwardly let out a breathe he hadn't realised he was holding. He had found the mans weakness, a way to break him without resorting to violence, he changed his tack and went to being the mans ally. "Look, I don't do lies, I'm ex-guard. Stormtrooper no less. My word is everything to me, it's pretty much all I have. The woman you stabbed, she's an Interrogator, an Inquisitor in training. She can bring a whole load of trouble down on you, but, if you help us out we might be able to sort out a deal."

Putting a hand in the mans shoulder he looked him in the eyes, "Also, she is much better at interrogations than me... She is some kind of scary and I wouldn't wish her upon anyone other than the worst kind of heretic. Are you a heretic?"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordekai's thoughts immediately jumped towards biting the man's hand. Any type of retaliation to make himself feel like less of a failure, but he stopped himself. Shrugged his shoulder to dislodge the hand, so the thought wouldn't come back. "If these lies be true, then I am a traitor. But I would never betray the Emperor. I am resigned to the Emperor's fate for me, my soul has been tested and now I await judgement"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Are you insinuating that you were working for the Emperor, or at least an arm of the Imperial Government and church, when you assaulted my fellows?" Nihilus was standing nearby Quixos he was interested in what the Assassin was saying and wanted to know more. He bent down on one knee and looked the man over. Then back up to Quixos with a raised eyebrow, he was told the movement was a 'signal' or 'question' to others. Oh how he wished the others were equipped with at least some of his own 'True Flesh' at least then it would make silent communication much easier. But in this case his body language of 'what do you think' would have to suffice.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quixos knew that being good cop wasn't going to get him any further. He was going to have to follow through with at least some kind of threat before the man realised that Quixos wasn't really up for all this. Moving the Tech-priest back a step he put his nasty face on, the worst grimace he could muster. "He is a self confessed traitor and heretic. We must burn his body to cleanse the taint and let the Emperor judge his soul." once said he slammed the pistol into the mans face and pointed the nozzle at his left foot. "I say we work from the bottom up. He shouldn't be able to run with charred feet, and it should keep him alive and conscious long enough."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

"I work as an extension of the Emperor's arm. And you have interfered. But if Bronsworth was truly an agent of the Inquistion only then am I heretic. And you can do no worse than I deserve." Mordekai, didn't flinch at the gun, but waited for the burst of pain to see how he would handle it.

11. - Top - End - #251

"I work as an extension of the Emperor's arm. And you have interfered. But if Bronsworth was truly an agent of the Inquistion only then am I heretic. And you can do no worse than I deserve." Mordekai, didn't flinch at the gun, but waited for the burst of pain to see how he would handle it.
    'Yes, you have sinned most heinously. Would you like to try for redemption?' Lyria said wearily.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quixos pulled out his knife and began heating it using the hand flamer giving the man a chance to answer Lyria's question, he had given up with threats of burning and decided that a heated knife would be more effective.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordekai sighed, "If she belongs to the Inquisition then my life is hers to do as she pleases. If I can gain redemption so be it, if not, so be it."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The acolytes turn to Interrogator Silvanus, who is stirs fitfully in a hazy sleep. Beads of sweat stick to her forehead like they were glued there. Though the Interrogator's wounds looks stable, it is unclear if she could or should be aroused, and it crosses a few minds that she may need intensive medical intervention.

Spoiler: For all
    Show
    Wow you guys have really been running with this. Sorry I did not intervene earlier, but I've been without internet for the past 2 days or so. For all players but Kayne- if you have a Common Knowledge Imperial Creed, Scholastic Lore Imperial Creed, or Forbidden Lore please make such roll. If you have scholastic lore the roll is at +20 and if you have Forbidden lore it's at +30. If your character lacks any of these, take an intelligence roll at half.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Nihilus moves over to her, "Call for a medic. Our patchwork isn't going to hold her forever." Thinking a moment he moves back to the would be assassin. "What did you use to harm her? Was there any poison? Irradiated rounds?"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Silias slowly takes out his staff, and rests it horizontal across his shoulders, his arms wrapped up around it quite casual as he approaches the would be assassin, giving him a fairly relaxed, confident air as he strides up towards Mordekai.

"Brotherhood of the Emperor's Hammering Fury," he said to Mordekai, as if introducing himself. He lowered to one knee before Mordekai, giving him a little nod as he went down to eye level. He seemed to be ignoring the threat of the flamer based torture, just focused on the Assassin. He gave Mordekai a knowing smile, "Dedicating my kills to the Emperor with my staff, ever strike representing the fury of the Emperor's hammer, and his divine judgement against the heretic."

He glanced a bit towards the others, a derisive, mocking look crossing his face for Mordekai to notice. "They're short sighted. They don't REALLY understand the aspect of the Emperor, a God of Fury, Death, and Justice, but not just blind fury and death, but artistry and skill. Man is a master of war and death. So should his servants be."

"I'm sure they'll send you to the Emperor, sooner or later. I'm not saying I can change that... I just know what you know. That if you were sent to kill someone, their death was desired by the Emperor. A death offered to him in ritual. Someone needs to send the target. It would be my honor to do so."

Silias gave Mordekai a dark grin, his hands tightening on the staff as if he was getting ready to smite, wondering if Mordekai might give the details of his mission to a fellow brother cultist.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordekai smirks, "Heh, no. I test the soul with cold hard steel not poison." He listens to this new voice of reason. "Give me proof she was Inquisition, and I'll tell you what you want." Mordekai reasoned with himself, that if she truly was Inquisition then he would need revenge, if she wasn't, then he was just a failure and would die a traitor anyways.

18. - Top - End - #258

Mordekai smirks, "Heh, no. I test the soul with cold hard steel not poison." He listens to this new voice of reason. "Give me proof she was Inquisition, and I'll tell you what you want." Mordekai reasoned with himself, that if she truly was Inquisition then he would need revenge, if she wasn't, then he was just a failure and would die a traitor anyways.
    OOC note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    The Interrogator wore her Rosette during the raid on the factory, but took it off when she went to the temple to maintain her cover as Officer Bronsworth. The acolytes know where her quarters is and a quick search of her room (no point in rolling) will reveal that it is sitting in an open jewel box on her dresser.
    Right, well, Lyria will go and do that.

Lyria went to Interrogator Silvanus's bedroom to fetch her inquisitorial rosette. She brought it back and showed it to Mordekai the assassin. 'Evidence,' she said, waving it in front of him. 'Will this suffice?'
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordekai started viciously cursing in his old tribal dialect. His rage making him revert back to his younger days. The only thing he muttered in gothic was about 'murdering them all' Going on for a long few moments, it finally sank in. His face growing dark, "I'm dead thanks to them, what I wouldn't give to get my revenge though." His voice trails off, waiting for them to kill him, now that it actually sank in that he had been thrown at the inquisition.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Nihilus moved away from Mordekai, he grabbed the nearest vox and called in for medical aid. After that he returned his attention to the the Prisoner. "I have no record of most of those curses. I see not all artists work in paints and clays." he said in a dry tone.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Silias stood up slowly, his arms tightened around the staff, stretching and flexing as he did, letting his bones pop a bit and giving a small little grunt as he seemed to be loosening himself up. Swinging the staff off his shoulders he took it up in what was probably an odd seeming grip to most. Not grabbing it at the first third and the last third, like some double weapon wielded by a peasant, but rather with one near the end, and one at the first third, almost as if he was holding it like an oversized sword. He pointed it at Mordekai as he cursed up his stream and took a slow, steady breath.

"Well... you know how it is. You've come to a crossroads, no way back. Either you can help us send your employer to the Emperor as a battered, beautiful offering of death, or you can maintain your traitorous employers loyalty... and have my staff dedicate your corpse to the Emperor in a way only men such as us can understand."

"Which road do you choose to salvation?"

None of it sounded like a threat, just calmly speaking, holding his staff there, ready to use it, or so it seemed. Practiced hands holding it loosely and comfortably, nice and steady. He looked the image of a practiced killer... probably due to no small part of hard fighting lessons from Sisters Ruby and Starr. But it should help sell his Death-Cultist persona to Mordekai, and get the point across.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordekai's breathing deepens. His rage and fury temporarily spent, as there is not much else he can do with it. "My loyalty to my employers reached only so far as I was being the Emperor's tool of dealing death. It stopped when they pointed me unknowingly towards the another part of the Emperor himself. Their souls are rotten and corrupt and deserve to severed from their bodies. I will pay my retribution to her and to the Emperor."

23. - Top - End - #263

Worried about Interrogator Silvanus's injuries, Lyria had the idea of searching the house for a medikit or some medicines, anything that would keep the Interrogator sedated and pain-free while they carried her to a hospital or somewhere else she could get proper medical treatment.

OOC note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling a Search check. (It's a basic skills, Lyria's Perception/2 is 15.)
    Dice roll: (1d100)[17] vs 15

Hmm. If it's an easy check, I might get a bonus and actually pass.
    Last edited by Manticorkscrew; 2014-07-10 at 03:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Lyria is able to find a First Aid kit at the foot of the closet in Interrogator Silvanus' room, next to a pair of sturdy combat boots.

Spoiler: Medical
    Show
    Remember, a first aid kit only allows an acolyte to make a skilled Medicae roll. A serious failure can actually kill Silvanus at this point.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Silias waved his hand, satisfied with Mordekai's response for the moment and turning his back on the Assassin, starting to walk away, "Then you best point the fury of His Holy Ordos towards your employers. Speak to these men, they plan, they think, they plot. Those such as you and I? Our time comes later." He tightened his grip on his staff, tapping it against the floor before taking a less militant stance with it, holding more as a prop than a weapon as he walked off. He seemed calm and confident, not checking over his shoulder, but managing to pick up the recaf that Lyria had provided on the way out, taking a sip.

His job as he saw it was done. The assassin would compromise, his 'role' would be uncovered as a lie if he showed himself to be too much of a schemer and a planner at this moment. Let Mordekai draw the conclusions he wanted. Out of sight of the interrogation room, he went to check up on the Interrogator herself, knocking on the door to announce himself before entering, still holding that cup of recaf and taking an occasional sip. He wasn't much of a medic but he figured a bit of conversation might keep her mind focused and off the pain, maybe help bring her around and give her the will to keep fighting on.

"Seems your little blighter there is a Death-Cultist. Ballsy, your enemies are to go contacting a group like that. Always got a bit squiffy with those blade wielding psychos myself. Stories I heard makes them sound not too different from those cultists of the false gods..." he shrugged a bit and pulled up a chair, settling in next to the Interrogator. "But it does narrow down the suspects a bit. Someone who has the sack to contact a group like that, and can at least fake the religious authority to call a hit on you in the Emperor's name. Not saying it's a priest, why would they, but someone at least familiar with their ways."

26. - Top - End - #266

Lyria was somewhat disappointed not to find any drugs she could use to keep Interrogator Silvanus sedate while she and the other acolytes moved her to hospital. (As a former Warden of the Inquisitorial Asylum she had a certain amount of experience in using and administering drugs... if you know what I mean.)

But she supposed it was useful to know where the first aid kit was, just in case.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Seems your little blighter there is a Death-Cultist. Ballsy, your enemies are to go contacting a group like that. Always got a bit squiffy with those blade wielding psychos myself. Stories I heard makes them sound not too different from those cultists of the false gods..." he shrugged a bit and pulled up a chair, settling in next to the Interrogator. "But it does narrow down the suspects a bit. Someone who has the sack to contact a group like that, and can at least fake the religious authority to call a hit on you in the Emperor's name. Not saying it's a priest, why would they, but someone at least familiar with their ways."
    The Interrogator stared at Silias with glazed eyes. She nodded, "I figured as much based on his attire... and the attempted assassination," she says with a weak smile. She shifts uncomfortable, grimacing at a sudden pain. "Who knows who hired him. Most death cults will fill a contract for enough money, regardless of who their employer is. Even when they do perform background checks, many cults eschew technology, so they can be easily fooled."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it was decided, with some unease, to free Mordekai the Death Cultist. After some anxious looks it was clear that an introduction might be in order. There was also still the question of how to get the Interrogator medical attention, and the acolytes probably had some catching up to do over what they had discovered.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2014-07-15 at 04:00 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quixos untied the assassin but kept his knife in his hands. "Looks like we are going to give you a chance for redemption. Guess the Emperor does protect eh?" Seeing Lyria with the first aid kit he nods towards it, "I would watch your back, the Interrogator isn't the forgiving type. Lyria, do you need a hand fixing up our boss?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a decent Int if you want me to try giving Silvanus some first aid?

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've never stopped watching my back" Mordekai folds his arms and stands in corner, stock still. His skill set being narrowly defined, not much he could do in this situation to begin to repay his debt to the Emperor. He'd just have to wait till the Interrogator regained enough strength to either decline or accept his retribution.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Nihilus raised an eyebrow at this decision. He 'sniffed' the air, breaking it's composition down as his olfactory sensors took it in. "Hmm...nope theres' no excess gas in the air....perhaps the Interrogator lost more blood than her wound would suggest." Nihilus looked over to the Assassin. A killer who was fooled into thinking they were serving the Emperor, is allowed to show his faith. And yet I am not! what new hell is this?