New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Artifacts of Shianna II

The silent elf spent much of the downtime meditating in the city's parks or wandering through the streets, listening to the Whispering Lore throughout the city, eavesdropping on conversations, and speaking with the animals to learn anything interesting. A strange combination of the spiritual calming of his nerves and the practical gathering of information. He had become somewhat more adept at druidic magic through the practice, expanding his preparedness slightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Various rolls for gathering information:
    Whispering Lore for Knowledge (nature) in the parks: (1d20+13)[28]
    Whispering Lore for Knowledge (local) around town: (1d20+14)[18]
    Perception to eavesdrop while hanging around in the tavern: (1d20+11)[16]
    Perception to eavesdrop in the park: (1d20+11)[17]
    Stealth to eavesdrop in the park without getting caught (buffed by Blend spell): (1d20+14)[30]
    Wild Empathy to Gather Information from animals in the park, asking about anything worrisome or interesting: (1d20+2)[7]

In addition, Wallel had taken to carrying the Blood Dagger in place of his morningstar. His sap remained in case a live capture was needed, but magic weapons were overall more efficient than their mundane counterparts. Eventually he chose to exchange it for a shield, along with getting an armor upgrade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wallel is going to sell his Morningstar and Hide Shirt, then buy a set of Masterwork Hide Shirt armor and a Masterwork Light Wooden Shield. I'll wait to update inventory until I know the prices/reimbursement for my old equipment.

He's also going to pawn off the purple gemstone he stole at a shady pawn shop.

With his pressing business tended to, Wallel waits in the tavern for any news from the others. He decides to leave the Emerald situation to Velka for now.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Anderyn D'Medani reports to Killian Deckard that his airship, the Glint of Silver, will be restocked and prepared for departure much earlier than expected, just in case the group wishes to leave for Korth ahead of schedule.
    I'm about to respond enthusiastically, but I catch myself. "That's great! We'll set off in- a couple days, actually. It could take as long as a week. There are a few things I need to sort out with the rest of the party."

I walk back to the inn, thinking about how I'm going to breach the delicate subject with Cadeyrn. Though Joshua may be excited all the time, Cadeyrn hasn't been. I arrive at the inn in what feels like an instant, and even though I've been trying to prepare, I haven't been successful.

What seems to be just a moment later, I find myself outside Cadeyrn's room. I take a deep breath. knock twice on the door, and say "Cadeyrn? Can I come in? It's me, Killian."

Assuming he lets me in, I sit down across from him and get straight to it. "So, Cadeyrn, I, ah, I wanted to ask you about Ryol. He said he tortured you to get revenge. He told me you'd murdered his sister. But I know he's lied in the past, and I couldn't believe you'd do a thing like that. You're a good man.

I know that what he told me about the history between you two wasn't true, so I came to you to ask what the real story was."
    I look at Cadeyrn expectantly, waiting for a more believable story.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cadeyrn was sitting on his bed when Killian came into his room. He listened to what Killian had to say while looking at the floor. When he finally lifted his head, there were tears streaming down his face, pain clear in his eyes.

"My..." and here he breathed in an almost sob.

"My history with Ryol is a sad and pitiful story. It is likely that he told you the truth, at least mostly. He always was terrible when it came to telling the full truth, as was his memory for exact dates. He and I lived near each other in Western Aundair, near the border of the Eldeen Reaches. His parents were well known wizards from the area, as were mine own, albeit I was adopted. He was always better than me at magic, once we had both discovered that we could use it naturally. Because of my own jealousy, I taunted him with the fact that my parents were the better wizards. He naturally took offense to that and we got into a fight. During that fight he hit me repeatedly on my left ear, leaving me deaf in that ear. Some of our friends happened to be nearby and broke up the fight, but it was too late. My hearing was damaged. My parents felt it would be a good lesson for me, but I just hated Ryol. I simmered in my anger for about a year before he taunted me back, saying that his dog was a far greater companion than Joshua. I completely lost it and killed his dog. Following that he thrashed me to within an inch of my life. I now wish that I had never hurt his dog just because of how precious Joshua is to me. And...for another reason."

Here Cadeyrn paused to wipe his eyes.

"My parents gave me a serious lecture about what I had done, truly hoping that my rivalry with Ryol was over. It was my father that pointed out how I would feel had Ryol killed Joshua. It made me think about what the two of us had been doing, and made me feel shame. I apologized to Ryol, though he wouldn't have any of it. He sneered at me and told me that I wasn't worth anything and that Aundair would be better off if all Erskines were dead. Given that my parents were half-elves, as were my siblings, it's not really a surprise that my parents and his parents would be rivals of sorts themselves, though politically only." Cadeyrn sighed. "Naturally I got angry again and declared to him that I would become a greater sorcerer and a more politically influential individual than him. He scoffed at me and vowed that he wouldn't let it happen.

Our rivalry mostly halted for a few years, a few arguments with no physical altercations happening during that time. Unfortunately, news of our rivalry spread like all gossip does, and no one would hire me in the area. My parents' influence with the local politics along with their business was suffering because of my actions. When the fifth person turned me down for work, I declared to everyone within hearing range that I would go to Karnath and find work. I began preparing to leave, despite my mother's protests. My father agreed with me that it would be a good idea, though he asked me to at least wait until next spring, to which I agreed. Four days later we heard news of Ryol's baby sister being murdered. No one knows for sure who did it, though Ryol naturally blamed me. The investigation that followed found me innocent, but Ryol just believed that my parents paid off the investigators. I decided that it would be safer for me to go ahead and leave instead of waiting until spring, so I did. About a month after being in Vedykar without work, I signed up for work under the restoration act. That's when I met you all."

Cadeyrn paused and sighed as Joshua snuggled up to him, whimpering quietly. He petted his furry friend and held him. Cadeyrn then raised his head and looked Killian in the eyes.

"I do not know who murdered Shaera, nor would I know why, but I have assumed since then that someone did it to cause an out and out battle between our two houses. My parents and his are both from the nobility. I blame myself for Ryol's sister's death, because there wouldn't have been as much tension between our families had we not argued and fought. I was the one that instigated the rivalry to begin with, so I carry the burden of responsibility and blame. If there was a way for me to bring his sister back from the dead, I would. Truth be told, despite my desire to become a powerful sorcerer and to become politically influential, my greatest goal is to find a way to bring her back. She was very young when she died, so nothing short of a true resurrection or a wish will likely work. Thus my need to become strong. Those spells are legendary, so learning one or finding someone who can cast one isn't going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination. In some ways I feel like it would be easier for me to try to face Grimnosh right here and right now than it would be to get one of those spells."

Cadeyrn turned his faced upwards and laughed bitterly. He then turned back towards Killian, again looking him straight in the eyes.

"However, I will not stop and I will not falter until my quest is complete. I have said it once, but I'll say it again: I swear that I will bring Shaera back from the dead. One way or another, I will make it happen."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Alimov:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can find a blacksmith that buys your Morningstar for 10 gold.

You find a leatherworker that buys your old hide armor for 15 gold. He also sells you a masterwork shield and hide armor for 180 gold total.

The shady dealer that you find to sell the gemstone to looks the piece over, and offers 50 gold pieces for it.

You are communing with the land, combining its knowledge of your gemstone with yours to try to figure out about how much it is worth. The land whispers to you that it is not a real gemstone.

Killian:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something in your mind is talking as Cadeyrn speaks.

Yes.... A man that gives into his anger when he deserves it. He obviously destroyed Ryol's sister, Killian. This is what you should strive to become...

Velka:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emerald forms a genuine smile on her face, and she can barely be contained anymore. She still doesn't say anything, but she quickly darts out of the tavern and proceeds to the musical district of Fairhaven.

Arianna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find textbooks regarding the basics about the fall of House Vol. They allied with a flight of green dragons toward the end of the Dragon-Elf Wars. They were attempting to end the conflict by bringing the dragon and elven nations together. This resulted in a half-elven, half-draconic creature, none other than Erandis Vol herself.

The remaining dragonflights and armies of Aerenal saw this creature as an abomination and an insult to the world. The dreams of the green dragonflight and House Vol came true and the dragons and elves were united...unfortunately, it was to destroy Vol and the green dragons.

You remember the death and destruction. Powerful dragons from every dragonflight and deathless Aerenal warriors united to slaughter House Vol and their closest allies. Your family dreamed of the day that dragons and elves would unite, and was closely allied with House Vol because of it. You were killed this day at the hands of draconic and Aerenal forces. The specific way you were slaughtered is too brutal to recollect, so you continue reading in order to distract your mind from that particular event.

The leader of House Vol casted a curse on Erandis Vol that day to ensure the half-breed's survivability. Erandis Vol became a lich that day, and is now truly a true representation of evil in this world.

The green dragonflight and House Vol suffered countless losses. Its leaders were destroyed and the subordinate forces were scattered among Aerenal, Xen'Drik, and Khorvaire.

Although you know better. This textbook is wrong about the death of the green dragonflight's leader, because Grimnosh obviously survived, somehow.

House Vol survivors stole many bodies raised the dead from the battle into horrific undead abominations. Among them included you, and you were forced to walk the earth in the service of House Vol. For decades, the remnant forces of House Vol and the Green Dragonflight were hunted down by Aerenal's forces of deathless troops. Eventually, House Vol and its Dragonmark of Death were completely wiped out into extinction. The green dragonflight is now the most severely crippled of Argonessen, but it is now allied with the rest of the dragonflights once again.

It was a powerful cleric of Aerenal that resurrected you back into the physical form of a living, breathing elf. To this day, you do not understand why he did it, but at least you are no longer a member of Vol's dead.

Alimov:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The gemstone is, in fact, a lesser Siberys Dragonshard, worth at least 3,000 gold.
    Last edited by Samshiir; 2014-02-01 at 04:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125

BlueKnightGuy

Leatherworker's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wallel opts to also exchange his Sap for a masterwork variety as well while he is there, since the prices of the armor were not so high as he expected.

Pawn Shop
    Spoiler
    Show
    He also opts not to sell the 'gem' here. That said, he was not previously aware that he was carrying such hot property. The noble it was taken from would definitely not like losing it, and the silent elf hoped they would be going back to Karrnath soon, where he could sell it for more without arousing suspicion.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

"However, I will not stop and I will not falter until my quest is complete. I have said it once, but I'll say it again: I swear that I will bring Shaera back from the dead. One way or another, I will make it happen."
    A tear forms in the corner of my eye. "Wow, Cadeyrn, that's... touching. I told Ryol he had to forgive and forget, but this isn't just forgiveness. Unlike him, you're atoning for your mistakes. You're moving forward and trying to make it right, even though it's not directly your fault. You really are a noble man."

"Thank you for telling me so much about the events of your past. I feel like I know you better now, and we'll be a stronger team for it. My story isn't as long or as dramatic, but would you like to hear how I became a Paladin?"

Something in your mind is talking as Cadeyrn speaks.

Yes.... A man that gives into his anger when he deserves it. He obviously destroyed Ryol's sister, Killian. This is what you should strive to become...
    He led to her destruction, yes. He didn't kill her directly, but she was still probably killed because of his rivalry with Ryol. And because of that, even though her death wasn't entirely his fault, he's still trying to bring her back and end this awful cycle of violence. This really is what I should strive to become.

7. - Top - End - #127

Cadeyrn breathed deeply after speaking for so long. When Killian spoke, it was almost like a reprieve for the young mage."Someone else believes in me..." It was a very comforting thought, and Cadeyrn couldn't help the fresh tears from falling down his face.

He then considered Killian's response before replying in turn.

"I...I would Killian. Tell me, who are the Deckards? What is your story?" Cadeyrn leaned back against the wall, sitting cross legged and holding Joshua in his lap.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

I take a deep breath before beginning my story. "Well, I'm a Brelish farm boy, born and raised. I was content to spend my days on my farm, working on the year's harvest before bunkering down for the winter. It was a simple life, and compared to the life I live today it was boring, but it was fulfilling. That is, until the Last War came along.

When I turned eighteen, I joined the military as soon as I could. The only weapon I'd ever held was the scythe I used for cutting down crops, but I wanted to do what I could to defend my homeland. In that vein, I grabbed myself a tower shield and marched out to the front lines.

But war was nothing like I had imagined. It wasn't so much of a virtuous battle for justice as it was a slaughter. You saw those Karrnathi zombies; we didn't stand a chance. The rest of my squad was murdered, and I was just moments away from joining them.

But it was not to be. A great beam of light, shining from the heavens, came down from the sky. The undead were struck down, and I heard the calm, perfect voice of Lady Boldrei speaking to me.
    "It is not your time, Killian," she said. "You are fated for a grander destiny." After that, I made it back to command and withdrew from the military. I'd heard the call of divinity, and it was not my place to reject it.

And that was when I became a paladin. I wanted to dedicate my life to Lady Boldrei, who had saved me, but the ascetic lifestyle was not for me. I decided to put the combat skills I'd learned to good use by protecting the weak and impoverished. And that was how we met, on a supply caravan to Perlexia. The rest, as they say, is history. "

I pause before continuing to give Cadeyrn a chance to respond.

9. - Top - End - #129

Cadeyrn nodded along with the story Killian told.

"Do you have any family you left behind for the war and your calling? Like, siblings or parents?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Velka will follow Emerald as quickly as he can. when he catches up to her he will ask her to slow down, so that they draw less attention to themselves. he would hate for an incident like what happened before with the drow to happen again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [he does not bring up the incident, just asks her to slow down.]
    Last edited by taurosking; 2014-01-30 at 09:48 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do you have any family you left behind for the war and your calling? Like, siblings or parents?"
    "Not really, no. I was never married, so I don't have any kids. My parents were the ones who raised me in the faith, but I haven't spoken to them in ages."
    Last edited by AttilaTheGeek; 2014-01-30 at 11:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Arianna sighs, and thinks, Such bloodshed, and so needlessly shed at that. If only they had seen how powerful we were together...Then things would be different. But Vol went out of line, after we had been crushed. They now are more evil than any force, even moreso than division and hate. And I suppose it falls to me to stop this nonsense before anyone gets hurt...Or Emerald dies again. I'm sure she died when was stabbed. I'm just not sure how she was revived. She heads back to the Inn, shaking her head, and thinking about ways to deal with Grimnosh and Vol, now certain that they are related.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just Ariana's take on current events.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-02-01 at 10:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Emerald informs Velka that she insists on waiting for Killian and Ariana at the very least before going out to search for an instrument. She explains that she feels very safe around Killian, and that Ariana is like her big sister, and she wants them to help her pick an instrument.

She will also make sure that she is understood when she says she does not want Cadeyrn to go with. She won't explain why, but she is very adamant about him not going.

Spoiler
    Show
    She doesn't mention Alimov at all. He may or may not attend, as he so pleases.

Emerald returns to the same store that Killian and 'Cadeyrn' brought her to less than a week before. She quickly spots the violin that she had once set her eyes on, and immediately picks it up and shows it to everyone. The violin is long and thin with wavy red and gold designs and has an Aundairian branding on it. Emerald picks up the bow of the instrument and begins playing a slow, relaxing elven tune. The girl is remarkably good with the instrument.

As she cradles the instrument into her neck and gently plays it, she speaks with the group. Her speaking does not hinder her musical talent at all. "Back in Perlexia, my mother taught me how to play music. Everyone in the village always wanted to hear me play. They all said that it helped calm their spirits after the Last W-"

Emerald suddenly stops playing the instrument when something catches her eyes. She gently sets the violin down and approaches another instrument. She bypasses everybody, not seeming to hear anything said to her. She approaches and carefully picks up a charcoal-colored wooden flute with green, thorny designs painted into it.

"I...I love it." Is all she says.

The storekeeper approaches, having noticed Emerald's glowing eyes set upon the instrument. She smiles at Emerald and says warmly, "My my! It seems like we have a match. A fine Valenar elven creation, if I do say so myself. I believe a discount is in order for you, little girl."

Emerald looks up at the storekeeper nervously, then bounces her gaze back at the flute in her hands. "That's... No, that's not necessary. Thank you, though. Really, thank you." Emerald places the flute back into the place that she found it. "I...don't know how to play it."

Spoiler
    Show
    The group can purchase the violin for 120 gold, as before.

The group also has the option to purchase the flute for 90 gold.
    Last edited by Samshiir; 2014-02-02 at 10:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

BlueKnightGuy

When the others went to purchase an instrument, Wallel decided to remain at the tavern with Cadeyrn. With the sorcerer still recovering from illusory torture, social isolation would be far from beneficial to his mental health. Sitting at the group's usual table, the silent elf waited impatiently for the group to be ready to go. He looked forward to getting out of Aundair.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Ariana sighs slightly at the cost, afraid she's going to have to disappoint Emerald. She asks Killian and Velka, "Well...Do you guys have the money for this? Because I sure don't."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by taurosking View Post
    Velka has 10pp on him for this expedition. It doesn't matter to me which we get for Emerald. She knows how to play the violin and doesn't know how to play the flute, but we have money to get her lessons, and she likes the flute a ton. So either way works for me.

Velka passes the pouch of 15 platinum coins along to Killian and Ariana.

"This money is a gift from my cousin Baranin for Emerald. Should we get the flute or the violin for her?"
    Last edited by Samshiir; 2014-02-04 at 08:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Having followed along at a discreet distance, Cadeyrn was able to overhear the dilemma.

He then strode forward into the room, not paying attention to the way Emerald glared at him before huffing and turning away.

"I know that my presence here may not be the most welcome...but I think I can solve your dilemma. You all have 15 platinum pieces and I have over 60 gold pieces. Together we can actually purchase both the flute and the violin. If...Emerald should wish it."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Emerald is stunned and doesn't know how to react to the situation. Her mouth is completely silent, but her mind is filled with chaos.

Is Cadeyrn trying to get on my good side again? Of course he would be considerate enough to go all-out with buying me these gifts. He is a fantastic man like that.

On the other hand, I really don't need both instruments. But who am I to tell him no? I can't even look at him...Those eyes....

Emerald thought back to the incident in the alleyway, thinking about 'Cadeyrn's' soft, blue eyes that were filled with pure joy as they looked into her eyes as the man put a dagger through her chest.

I know he didn't do anything, and I know it wasn't really him...but I simply cannot stand to look him in the eyes. I know they weren't really his eyes, but they...simply were. All I can see when I look at him is him wanting to kill me.

Get a grip, Emerald! Be strong! He doesn't want to kill you! That was just some creature that stole his body and used it against you!

Even after everything he has been through- Ryol's Torture, Joshua missing, the last several weeks- ...Cadeyrn is still thinking of me.

Emerald's green eyes shine when a tear forms. She folds her arms across her torso and is shaking ever so slightly. She lowers her head to try hiding it, but can't keep herself from sniffling. She simply approaches Cadeyrn, without moving her gaze away from her feet, and rests her head against his chest.

19. - Top - End - #139

Cadeyrn is stunned at Emerald's open display, his mouth wide open in surprise. However, it only took but a moment for him to come to what he felt was the proper reaction. He hugged Emerald and kissed the top of her head.

"I am still sorry that that creature used my likeness to hurt you so much. But just because you have a hard time with me being around doesn't mean I'm going to shun you or be cruel to you. I hope in time you can forgive me for my weakness in not stopping the doppleganger when he attacked me. In the mean time though, you have your choice of instruments: the violin, the flute, or both if you would like."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm touched by Cadeyrn's honesty with Emerald, especially in front of the rest of the group. I know I talked to him already, but I want to make my feelings completely clear to the entire party. I look very obviously at Cadeyrn, then at Emerald, then back to Cadeyrn. "It's okay, Cadeyrn", I say decisively. "I forgive you."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    I will modify this post later to show what you guys bought for Emerald, which will be decided in the OOC. For now, I want to continue this portion.

A few days later, the group meets up with Anderyn D'Medani at the port that his airship, the Glint of Silver, is docked at.

Anderyn clasps Killian's hand with a strong grip in greeting. The half-elf is in formal brown, tan, and silver civilian clothing. He wears a captain's insignia on collar of his brown coat, despite it not being a military uniform.

"Welcome aboard, Mr. Deckard! And greetings to you, friends!" He shakes every member's hand individually as he continues talking.

"The Glint is ready to accommodate to your needs. We plan to depart within an hour, and the trip should take only about six hours.

Please, help yourselves to anything you need, and don't be afraid to ask any of my crew for assistance. You folks are to be treated as if you were a part of my very own crew while you are aboard the Glint of Silver. You will find the galley on the second level, as well as individual rooms available if you wish to rest."

Spoiler
    Show
    The ships crew consists of:
    -Captain Anderyn D'Medani, the Glint of Silver's Captain.

-Catrinna Ne'Dolo, a middle-aged human woman that serves as the Glint's second-in-command while the Captain is away.

-Woodfist, the Glint's warforged security officer is very silent, but is always watchful.

-Yenara Ghallanda, the crew's young female halfling cook that is always found in the galley preparing meals.

-Telic D'Lyrandar, the crew's low-level arcane spellcaster that mainly serves the purposes of commanding the ship's fire elemental and divining the future's weather for ease of travel.

-Several young men and women, mostly human, that serve to operate and maintain the Glint of Silver.

Emerald is found at edge of the ship on the third and highest level. She is looking down at Fairhaven, waiting for the ship to depart.
    Last edited by Samshiir; 2014-02-08 at 08:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142

BlueKnightGuy

Wallel shakes Anderyn's hand as he comes by to greet them all, keeping an eye on the man's demeanor. After everything so far, he isn't so trusting of new people who claim to want to help them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+11)[15]

Once they were aboard the ship, Wallel got to exploring it and memorizing the layout in case it became important.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by RandomWombat View Post
    Wallel shakes Anderyn's hand as he comes by to greet them all, keeping an eye on the man's demeanor. After everything so far, he isn't so trusting of new people who claim to want to help them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+8)[16]

Once they were aboard the ship, Wallel got to exploring it and memorizing the layout in case it became important.
    Anderyn seems legitimate. He is a member of the Council of Twelve, and is a Dragonmarked member of House Medani, the house of detection.

As Alimov explores the ship, he is greeted by the ship's second mate, Catrinna. She has straight, black hair, and has a strange gadget that resembles a very small crossbow on her hip.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[16]

She examines you up and down with excited, dark eyes and a coy smile. "You have experience aboard and know your way around ships, don't you friend?"
    Last edited by Samshiir; 2014-02-07 at 12:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

BlueKnightGuy

The silent elf gave a confirmatory nod, likewise scanning the woman for anything out of place. It seemed she some sort of hand crossbow much like the one he'd taken from the drow assassin back in Karrnath. Still, ranged weapons aboard a ship were not so uncommon. Lacking much to say that could be communicated through gestures, Wallel waited for the woman to continue the exchange.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another Sense Motive roll: (1d20+11)[21]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Upon closer inspection, Alimov realized that the gadget on Catrinna's hip was much smaller and narrower than a hand crossbow. Like a crossbow, it had an identifiable trigger mechanism. However, it did not have the wooden shafts on the side or the bowstring in the back that would give it's projectiles a forward momentum. Instead, the weapon had a long, narrow metal tube facing laterally forward in its place. Alimov could not spot any crossbow bolts on the woman.

"You must be one of them strong and silent types." Catrinna pats Alimov on the shoulder with a wink, either not realizing or not caring that Alimov was investigating the weapon on her side. "Anyways, welcome aboard Glint of Silver."

26. - Top - End - #146

BlueKnightGuy

Shaking his head, Wallel made a zipping motion across his mouth and mimed throwing something away, indicting that we could not speak. He gestured at the strange weapon at the woman's hip, and gave her a questioning look. He'd never seen its type before and was curious how it worked. Some kind of magic-propelled blowgun to fire darts or bolts, maybe?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Catrinna drew the weapon and spun it around so that the handle was facing the silent elf, offering him a chance to examine the weapon.

"This is a prototype dwarven invention, given to me by my step-father, who also invented the thing, during the Last War. Unfortunately, he was killed and all of his schematics that explained how the gizmo worked were destroyed. More of them like this and other more advanced pieces that he invented exist, but they are extremely rare now, and even then they are mostly owned by dwarven factions."

28. - Top - End - #148

BlueKnightGuy

Carefully taking the weapon and looking it over, he made sure not to point the business end at either of them. He had no clue how the inner workings operated, but it had a trigger similar to that of a crossbow. He carefully handed it back to Catrinna. He held up the hand crossbow from his own belt, as if asking whether it worked similarly.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Ariana pulls Caderyn aside, and says to him, "Alright, Caderyn. I want to make a few thing clear to you, if you do decide to pursue Emerald romantically. I'm totally fine with it, however, if you hurt her, or if something happens to her again, I will hold you personally responsible. You can try to convince me you did everything you could, but you're going to have to talk quick because I will be trying to end you, got it?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I've decided that Ariana's going to be playing the role of Emerald's Mama Bear.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

When Velka enters the airship he will go and look for the ships security officer, so that he can find out what precautions the ship has against Pirates and the like.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon meeting up with the warforged he will introduce himself and ask for a tour of the basic defenses. Diplomacy if necessary: (1d20+9)[14]
    Last edited by taurosking; 2014-02-08 at 02:00 PM.