New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default The City of Aberinth [IC, Aberinth's Gullet]

Korrin Blackheart & Adalon

Whatever Korrin was prepared to say on entering the city, it died on his tongue as he saw a thriving city of clean streets, beautiful architecture, and busy people like any other city either Adalon or Korrin had been to. It was likely the cleanest city either had been to, and the buildings and architecture showed care to the way the city was run.

What was different were the people, just in the short time they'd been in the city already they spotted a woman with black tendrils for hair, a boy with a red gem on the back of his neck, which was black in comparison to his white body, a guard with four tendrils growing from his back, draped over his shoulders like a scarf, and razor sharp teeth, all in black with the rest of his body in white, there are several humans with strange creatures attached to them, like a living claw, a scarab with gems on its wings, and even a living shadow trailing, and seemingly bonded, to one. Children played with a dragonfly-like creature that was singing a beautiful tune while another guard walks by with a strange, cat-like creature that's the size of a large dog with two mouthless heads, a tail with a mouth, a pair of wings, and a crown wreathed in blue flames hovering an inch or two over each head.

Them someone calls out, "welcome, guests, to the City of Aberinth!" a humanoid with skin that glittered in the light, almost as if coated in a thin layer of crystal walks over with a smile on his face. He's holding four small statuettes, "these will help you navigate, just ask where something is and they'll guide you where you need to go. You'll need to return them before leaving, but they're quite useful in town," he hands one to everyone that had just entered, including a human with far to red hair and neon green eyes. Once he's greeted everyone he returns to a small stall with almost a dozen more of the figurines he'd given the group.

"This... is not what I expected," Angela says slowly as she pulled up the cart, "it's... nicer than the capital of Kordec," she says, speaking of the most friendly of cities in the country, and the one that was by far considered the nicest aesthetically outside of Valind, "it's like a normal city, even if the people are... different."

"I take it you were expecting 'the Gullet' from your reaction," the one that had come in behind the group says, then chuckles, "those were rumors spread by the founders of Zeerc and the Church of the Burning Hate spread a few centuries back. Aberinth wasn't able to stop them, back then, all the countries were quick to take up arms and never question the rumors they were told."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The City of Aberinth [IC, Aberinth's Gullet]

Korrin Blackheart

To no one in particular until he addresses his cohort:
    Am I to now assume that Aberinthe's Gullet is in fact some paradise for... The malformed eschewed by the rest of society. At the very least it appears a peaceful place. Here I feared a city state run amok with grizzly crime scenes and rampant carnage, and instead I am greeted with a suspiciously pleasant utopia. At the least I shouldn't worry too much after the well being of my charge. Short of this all being a vivid illusory dream covering up the vile city we feared, my friend is probably still fine. What do you make of this Angela?
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

Funny, I was thinking almost the same, Adalon muses as he dismounts, placing the statuette in one of his pouches.

"Sorry to bring my response so late, Korrin and Angela was it?"Adalon bows slightly as he addresses them. "My name is Adalon, an acolyte from the temple of Pelor a couple days from here. I was sent here to collect one of our faithful in fear of his well being after he started making his way here."

Adalon looks out among the people walking by again and sighs slightly in a mixture of release and disappointment.

"I'm ashamed how I rushed here in fear for his safety and sanity purely on the words of another, no matter how pious, only to find that him in hands that may be as able to tend to him as we would be," Adalon begins musing aloud. "Though given what I heard of his condition back at the outpost I should see to his current state quickly."

Remembering himself, Adalon turns back to the other two with another short bow.

"Sorry, I forget myself sometimes, you should probably be on your own ways as well so I pray to Pelor that your own searches prove fruitful."

With that said, unless he is called for or asked something else, Adalon will begin his way to the hospice on foot, walking his horse alongside him.
    Last edited by GranAures; 2013-12-11 at 12:55 PM.
    Character's in Progress: None
    Completed Characters: None
    Characters in Use: Kentaro(Souledge), Dalenbar Uranskor(Death of the Weave), Adalon(Outcast), Gri(Nentir Vale)
    Characters Retired: Davis Grand, Tuk
    Homebrew: Gunmage(v 1.0/Advice welcome)

4. - Top - End - #4

Korrin Blackheart

"It is a pleasant surprise," Angela replies, "we can try the building they mentioned, it will at least be a good starting point for our search."

Adalon

The hospice takes a while to come across, but it gives Adalon time to see how... normal the city seems, though the abundance of red gems around the city, both in the architecture and on the people, is rather odd.

The hospice he comes up on is a greater example, it has two such gems at a gate, which is open, and at the door, again open. A man at the gate comes over to take Adalon's horse, he seems more human than most thus far, but wisps of blue coming off his tunic give the impression he's more than what he seems.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Korrin Blackheart

Before Adalon dashes off:
    You are not alone amongst the bluffed. I too am an Acolyte of my faith- the Temple of Wee Jas, and as well am seeking one for whom I feared the worst. Mayhaps our paths will cross again.

To Angela after Adalon has left:
    I concur. And we have a convenient device to lead the way. I would still be wary of traps. The only thing worse than a Dystopian city is a dystopian city glamored to mimic a utopian one.

Korrin will follow the directions of the statuette and take in the alien surroundings.
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2013-12-13 at 11:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

"And should that be our fortune, we should both have lighter matters to speak of," Adalon says in closing as he makes his way from Korrin and Angela.

At the hospice Adalon lets the gate man take his horse, looking after the man curiously for a bit. With the number of things he had already seen weighing on him though, Adalon simply enters the building. Inside the hospice he looks for anyone who seems to be able to give him information about Conak.

"Greetings friend," he calls to the most likely person he can find, "the gate keepers told I might find a man named Conak here. He's an alchemist and might have come in missing an arm, would you by chance have seen him?"
    Characters in Use: Kentaro(Souledge), Dalenbar Uranskor(Death of the Weave), Adalon(Outcast), Gri(Nentir Vale)

7. - Top - End - #7

Spoiler
    Show
    Internet ate my original post and I'm tired, so I'll be using the abridged versions.

Korrin Blackheart

The statuette leads Korrin and Angela to a barracks-like building a short ways from the church, which is even more impressive up close than it was from a distance. Both Angela and Korrin can hear the clack of wood on wood and the thunk of arrows hitting against wood.

The door to the barracks open, allowing a man, a priest by the look of him, and a woman, a warrior of some kind if the way she carries herself is any indication, both talking, "how is she, Cassandra? Any changes to her condition?"

"Unfortunately not, Bishop, but she hasn't grown any worse either. It's likely just the stress and her own expectations of the city, you know how people outside the walls think of us," the woman replies, "it's not an enchantment, one of the eyewings would have taken care of that early on."

"Indeed, maybe a friend can help with that," the Bishop looks at Korrin, "I believe the woman you're looking for is in our care, we hope you can enlighten us to her condition, Cassandra can take you to her. I believe young Angela will wish to speak to me considering how long she's been looking for me."

The woman sighs before motioning for Korrin to follow her, "Aberinth must really have seen something about you to let you here so easily..." the woman says.

Adalon

Adalon doesn't need to go far, he easily spots Conak being tended to by someone that is obviously a priest. His hands glow with healing power, some spell Adalon had never seen before, and knits Conak's shoulder shut, "Conak speaks often of the Clergy of Pelor, often of the members that do not know of Pelor's true nature as the Burning Hate," the priest says, not even looking at Adalon as he focuses on healing Conak's shoulder, "you'll be glad to know that he will make a full recovery," he states as the healing glow fades, leaving Conak's shoulder completely healed, "but, he was enchanted to get here, as quickly as possible, even at the cost of his own wellbeing."

He turns to a doorway, "Dr. Bones, he is healed, you can begin your work," a man with bandages covering most of his body walks out, carrying medical gear with something under a cloth, "allow us to walk and talk shall we, there is much to discuss, young cleric."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Korrin Blackheart

...Seen something in me...condition...? Amina's here?!

Korrin's mind is reeling from the implications. Of being watched, of being expected. And the implied malady affecting Amina. He'll travel to her with as much haste as is permitted in the building.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

"Then please, friend," Adalon nods and lets the other priest lead the way. He was initially relieved at Conak's state, but now unease settled in and his hand moved to where his holy symbol hung under his vestments in reflex before settling back down. This was the third implication against the church, and that fact worried him. There was the possibility of this all being a ploy, but if the implications held water it could possibly leave Adalon, and Kera, in very poor positions.

While walking, Adalon breathes deeply to steady himself, listening closely to piece what he hears together.

10. - Top - End - #10

Korrin Blackheart

"She's fine, physically, other than a burn on her arm that is already healing rather well, even if it resists divine magic," Cassandra says before he ends up at a room with a single window. Indeed, Amina is inside, either asleep or unconscious, "she was brought here after her last panic attack, the only person that could get near her without provoking one was one of the few humans that lives here. It's not an enchantment or spell, but any of us aberinthian get near her she starts to panic. If we didn't isolate her from the rest of the city, she'd either crack and go insane or fall into a coma."

Adalon

"I take it you are concerned?" the man asks as he leads Adalon outside to a small meditation garden, likely to help the recovery process of those within, "we were as well, before the discovery, we considered Pelor a brother to our own deity, who is also a god of healing," he states, "if you wish to know what we have learned, all you need to do is ask, I will not speak ill of your deity beyond what I have already said unless you wish to know it."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Korrin Blackheart

What...What happened to her? Can she be awoken? Can I talk to her? Is she going to be all right? Questions flood out from the ruptured flood gates at Korrin's mouth. Whatever oddity the city might possess, he's finally found Amina and wants nothing more than her to be safe and well. Does the Statue Bishop know what's wrong with her? Does he know how to cure her? Please tell me?! I'll do anything!
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

"Your consideration is reassuring," Adalon respond solemnly, "I had intended to discuss some matter pertaining to this with Conak after speaking with the two at the gate, but now the implications seem far greater than I had first thought."

Adalon pauses for a moment, silently milling the rush of fear and concern that had started to wash over him.

"What you tell could tell me may very well make me doubt my faith," he continues again having found his words among the turmoil, "but if I just turn a blind eye I may well lose myself and become trapped in fear of my own path. If I am to truly feel certain in my path, the only course for me is to listen, to learn, so that maybe I can find my own truth, so please."

13. - Top - End - #13

Korrin Blackheart

"We were hoping you could find the answers to that, we can't get close enough to her to get anything that may help, and the only human citizen in the city at this time is an old man that is mute and virtually blind," Cassandra says, "The door is around the corner, knock first, she's rather jumpy with recent events. She may open up to someone she knows and doesn't cause a panic attack when within even twenty feet of her unless there's a wall in the way."

Adalon

"...Yes, this may very well shake your faith, as it did to many before you," the priest says, "while I am not a cleric, I am a devotee to our Church, and like many within, including Aberinth himself, we viewed Pelor as a god akin to our own. However, we have discovered a great many things about the god of the sun, including passages within the Book of Exalted Deeds itself. And that is where this starts."

"One such passage indicated that Pelor refused to send a sunfly swarm to destroy a vampire that killed the family of one of his paladins, despite his hatred of undead," the priest says, "it was the first of many signs that led to the discoveries that led us to believe Pelor is not as radiant a god as he is often portrayed, even to the point that the former Lord High Priest denounced Pelor and her faith, with not a word as to why, though we have found texts that call into question the goals of Pelor's higher clergy."

"We have also encountered a cleric of Pelor that was capable of using evil spells, I myself encountered one that used the spell Symbol of Pain, a high ranking evil spell. The same one that used his allies like pawns to advance his own goals, showing distrust towards those he should have protected and saw as friends."

"The malconvoker is another nail in the coffin, while not directly associated with Pelor, we have found malconvokers in the service of the clergy, and some that were even members of the clergy themselves. Yet, as stated in the Book of Vile Darkness, even allowing a fiend to exist is an evil act, making the path of the malconvoker one that is likely to let one fall to the Abyss or the Nine Hells."

Then comes his relics, such as the dawnstar, which if destroyed unleashes a backlash that harms all within the blast, not caring whether those harmed are friend or foe, the priest pauses before continuing, "and the origin of the dawnstars is just as suspect, the originals being given to four angels that rescued a paladin from the Nine Hells, which casts doubt as to the paladin's faith and that Pelor went against the Pact Primeval to bring a paladin tainted by the Hells to his court with no thought to what it would cause."

"The Inquisitor Bracers, another relic of Pelor's clergy, justify the use of force on the innocent to sort them from the undead, needing to use your weapon to full effect and hope the energy of the bracers repair the damage done."

"The final relic is the sun shard, which simply uses rays of light to damage foes. It is not as blatant as the others, but it lends to a theme. All of Pelor's relics lend to destruction and harm, unlike other deities of good, who offer items that aid without harm."

"Then, before the Book of Exalted Deeds came into existence, a sun god let four of his angels be captured by devils and tortured, one being twisted into a demon, one destroyed, one made a trophy for Asmodeus, and one losing faith in the divinity of his own god and fading from existence. While not named explicitly, Pelor is the only god of the sun worshipped in any country within our realm."

"Last is the debunking of a common misconception among the world; that positive energy is inherently good and that negative energy is inherently evil. While they lend themselves more easily to one or the other, we know that there are ways to use positive energy to evil ends and negative energy towards good's triumph. Neither is inherently evil or good."

The priest turns to Adalon, "this is why we call Pelor the Burning Hate, because the evidence points to a god of destruction and suffering, using healing as a method to prolong the pain he seeks to cause. We have found additional proof to the fact, but few would believe us, not with us being perceived as we are outside of the city. Your High Priest, he is an example of the Burning Hate's corruption, he tortured a woman he expected of being a lycanthrope, healing her when she was at the brink of death to prolong her suffering, then killed her when he found he was wrong, simply to hide his own mistake. We have the memory crystal to prove it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Memory Crystal: One time use psionic item that imprints events viewed by an individual that holds it to be viewed later. Events imprinted can be viewed at any time as often as you want. Well known item that is produced in Valind and in small towns of psionic individuals.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Korrin Blackheart

Korrin will enter the room, afraid of what he'll find but hoping Amina is alright.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

"Grim revelations indeed," Adalon responds gravely, weighed down by what he had just heard. Closing his eyes and crossing his arms together inside the sleeves of his robes, Adalon lets himself sink into contemplation. On one side, it seemed odd for him to take the words of complete strangers over what he had learned and believed for so long. Conversely though the red haired man just inside the gate had little indication of Adalon's faith and even now Adalon was being told of the existence of evidence beyond words alone where everything he had "known" of Aberinth had been hearsay.

Odd that I would come seeking another only to be left searching for myself, Adalon muses silently before opening his eyes and looking at the priest.

"It would seem then," he says solemnly, the weight of his thoughts evident in his expression, "that I must view those memories, else I turn a blind eye to the suffering spread by those above me."
    Last edited by GranAures; 2013-12-19 at 03:01 AM. Reason: broke coding

16. - Top - End - #16

Korrin Blackheart

Barely remembering to knock in his haste, Korrin hears Amina stir, rather strongly, on the other side of the door before he opens it. The first thing that pops into his head is that she's pale and disheveled, but looked fine otherwise. She looked exactly the same as he remembered otherwise.

Almost instantly on seeing Korrin, she stiffens and her eyes go wide, she just, freezes. A few seconds later, she's across the room hugging Korrin with all her might, which is much stronger than he remembers, as she babbles out how she thought she'd never see him again, her composure was completely gone, probably from the panic attacks Cassandra mentioned.

Adalon

The priest nods, "understandable. Once Conak's surgery is complete, I'll escort you to the church. We may also need your assistance with someone that recently arrived, we have few true clerics within the clergy, your divine magic may be able to heal her where our psionics and incarnum have failed," a man wrapped completely in cloth strips emerges from the hospice, drying his hands before the wraps automatically rewrap around his hands.

"Bishop Ivacear, he's stabilized, his new arm will take time to set into his biotemplate, it will take a day before he's ready to be taken to the church for a final setting," the man says, the wraps around his mouth move as if they were part of his mouth rather than just a covering.

"That is good to know, Gorr'n," the now named Ivacear replies, "Adalon, this is Gorr'n d'Kalin, one of the few xenoalchemists within the city and owner of this hospice, Gorr'n this is Adalon, a friend of Conak's."

Gorr'n dips his head towards Adalon, "He'll be awake by morning, you can speak to him then," seemed he wasn't much of a people person.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Korrin Blackheart

Korrin returns the hug and just listens, soaking in the embrace. In response to her statements: Amina. I was so worried about you. About this place and what it might do to you. What it has already done. Fear not, for all is right now. We'll get through this. Together.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

"That is good to hear, I thank you for taking good care of Conak sir Gorr'n," Adalon bows in thanks and straightens back up to turn towards Ivacear. The news calmed him slightly, even if he didn't understand parts of what was said.

"While I may not be able of much," he offers humbly "what little aid I can offer, I offer gladly. As a healer, the pains of others should come before my own."

19. - Top - End - #19

Korrin Blackheart

She seems to calm some, but won't let go. Before long, she relaxes in Korrin's embrace, "I can't stay here, but I can't leave either, my former master did something to me before he sent me here," she says, "a geas or curse," she seems to phase out for a moment, like she's not aware of what she's saying as she starts to ramble, spell components and formulae that sound like they'd be to some kind of necromantic magic, to Korrin's knowledge. It was like a mantra, a repeating list, before she returned to herself. Some of the things she had said were outlandish, like the mist over a fresh grave or the first caw of a crow, while others are more obviously arcane ingredients, like a vial of black sand and the blood of a black dragon.

Adalon

"Aberinth says she's a half-demon that wasn't born as such, she's fighting off her demonic side, but it's causing her body to tear itself apart. She's incredibly resistant to psionic power, but divine magic seems to pierce it, while we have some that can wield divine magic, none of us possess the potency of a true cleric, even the most untrained of clerics have more potency in their spells than our strongest acolytes."

Adalon is led out of the building and to the church, a decent walk from the hospice, but he finds himself in awe of the structure, "you'll be speaking with Aberinth in person, not with one of his avatars as most do."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Korrin Blackheart

Ok, ok. Don't worry. How about this: We'll stay here just long enough to get you healed and rid of this curse or geas, and then we leave. For anywhere. Together. We leave these war torn nations and befuddling cities forever and find our promised land. What do you say? Don't worry. I'll not abandon you.

Korrin will take his time comforting Amina. After a bit he'll assure her of coming right back and attempt to speak with the Bishop, waiting respectfully if he's busy.

[color="seagreen"]Bishop. First, let me just say thank you for taking care of her. I have been worried sick, admittedly for the wrong reasons as I've recently discovered, but still ultimately justified given her current condition. It is my intention to have her healed and then get her out of the city to... well we'll figure that part out later. In speaking with her I seem to have interacted with a rather distressing... curse?Geas?[color] Ivyn will describe to the best of his arcane abilities the symptoms of Amina's affliction. Of course I'd never leave such a debt as currently exists unpaid, and I hope we can find a suitable arrangement for her room, board, and treatment. I could also use... guidance on what to do next.

When Korrin is done or told to wait, he'll head back to Amina's room, if nothing more than to lie with her in his arms while she sleeps.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

"A strange malady to be sure," Adalon sets his mind back to what he was being told. Though he was growing uncertain of what he had learned in the temple libraries, Adalon tries to remember anything that might help as he walks. Anything from similar tales to arcane research, divine rituals, or even just supernatural maladies.

"I shall conduct myself as well as I can to honor that," he speaks again as they grow nearer to the church.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going full on to figure anything I can. History and Lore for any similarly themed fables, arcana to recall any research notes or spell studies, religion to check against any information there might have been concerning "darker" religions, spellcraft to recall similar spell effects, and heal for medical studies concerning rare and possibly supernatural diseases.
    History: (1d20+8)[12]
    Arcana: (1d20+8)[25]
    Religion: (1d20+8)[19]
    Heal: (1d20+8)[14]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+10)[30]
    Lore: (1d20+7)[9]

22. - Top - End - #22

Korrin Blackheart

Amina falls to sleep in Korrin's arms before he leaves, but looks to be resting much better than she had earlier.

Once he explains what he's found to Cassandra and the Bishop, Cassandra is the first to reply, "Hm," Cassandra hums lightly, "while magic is not my specialty, I have heard of a psychic virus called the Stygian Nightmare with similar symptoms, however, once they subside in about a week, one is left with several new abilities. This is different, but likely similar enough. It does bring a new angle to work with at the very least."

"Indeed," the Bishop says, "she must mean a lot to you for you to come all this way, hearing all that you must have about our city... we will do what we can for her. But it will be difficult to find some of the ingredients she mentioned, black sand is only found in the deserts of Zeerc and black dragons are in the eastern swamps on the roads between Kordec and Zeerc," he continues, "and we're not even sure they're a cure, may very well be a way to make the spell, but it is something worth looking into. If you wish to help, we can send a small group with you to track down some of the things she mentioned."

"Bishop, it would be best if we have the ones Aberinth mentioned travel with him, and I'm sure Angela would not be averse, she showed herself to be quite the fighter earlier, if a bit direct," Cassandra says, "and the priest that arrived may be willing to help, some of the ingredients she mentioned may be able to help Aberinth's other patient."

Adalon

Spoiler
    Show
    Adalon recalls there's a demon prince that specializes in a similar malady, using her sap-like blood as a catalyst for the effect. A cult dedicated to her has recreated the effect with a potent dual typed necromantic and transmutative spell. Beyond that, it's effects are unknown and cannot be dispelled with simple dispel magic, or even the greater version.

"Aberinth it is merely a precaution for most, his avatars are easier to heal than himself, this is an instance where it's too dangerous for him not to be present in person, plus his own divine presence is slowing the progression of the malady," Ivacear replies, "Aberinth himself is rather humble, he will not expect respect when you first meet him. I will say now, in person he is rather... eccentric."

Ivacear leads Adalon into the church, where he sees himself in a courtyard that was seemingly claimed by some primordial forest, with the sky exposed overhead. Looking back, he sees the door stands alone and there are no walls, almost as if transported to a new location, Ivacear keeps moving. Before long, through several corridors attached to several large rooms, gardens, and similar, they come upon what would obviously be a medical room with a single bed, one which was a red skinned woman with a single horn on her brow, and a hand that was bound in a sleeve to keep it from moving, she looked relatively calm except for her labored breathing and occasional grimaces.

"Ah, Ivacear, is this the cleric?" a voice asks from nearby, and a young man, barely out of his teens, walks into view.

Ivacear nods, "Aberinth, this is Adalon, Adalon, this is Aberinth," he says to Adalon.

Aberinth looked incredibly young at first glance, but a look at the "child's" eyes showed just how ancient he truly was. His skin was pure white, with black veins showing through the skin. His eyes showed ruby red, hard as the gems they appeared to be, but emitted a gentle glow. A small, ovular, red gem shows on his collar bone. Beyond that, he was an average human by all appearances.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Korrin Blackheart

Then it is a quest I must travel while Amina stays here? Locked away for her own protection? I must admit that I dislike the idea of being so far away from her. But if this will lead to a cure then there is no length too far to travel. Will she be safe while I am away? Surely her board can be covered by the treasure I might come upon on this journey.

I have more questions... I need to tell Amina though. You say that you are not sure whether these ingredients will help her. If they complete a spell, what are the chances that doing so will worsen her condition? Are there divinations that can determine if this course will indeed save her?

When he is done, he'll return to Amina's room to ponder what has been said. To find her and then have to abandon her, even if only temporarily, weighs heavily upon his heart.
    Last edited by neoseph7; 2014-01-11 at 03:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

"A pleasure," Adalon bows slightly in greeting, before turning to look at the sleeping woman, "though I wish circumstances would allow me to take more joy in all the meetings of late."

Making his way over to the bed, Adalon looks over its occupant with concern, wondering silently how much pain the malady might be causing her.

"In honesty, I know not what I can do," Adalon shakes his head a bit as he resumes talking. "I was able to recall a similar ritual I had read about, a necromantic transmutation used by a demonic cult designed after a malady carried by their patron's blood. I recall little more about it though, other than the fact that it cannot be dispelled through the basic means."

25. - Top - End - #25

Korrin Blackheart

"I will answer your questions out of order, to start, yes, there are auguries we can use to determine if this will heal or harm, the chances are slim that it will cause any extensive damage as she is already under the effects of the spell, and she will be protected while here, it won't cost you anything."

Adalon

"Then it's likely we can use our delay spell to keep this from progressing so quickly," Aberinth says, "but we've tried neutralizing the affliction, it resists all our attempts, it may need something more potent," he hums, before a groan from the woman catches his attention.

He moves over to her and lays a hand on her stomach, a gold glow encircles his hand and seeps into the woman, calming her down, and actually receding some of the red on her skin to a degree, her other hand, the unbound one, however, jerks up and slashes Aberinth's arm with razor sharp claws that burst from her finger tips as she shouts in pain, he doesn't seem to notice as black blood oozes slowly from the cut.

Finally the claws recede and she seems to calm down, "definitely will need something stronger, some additional material ingredients should be able to strengthen the spell enough to cure her," he reaches to his eye and a black drop falls onto the finger under it and is placed on the woman's skin, further receding the red on her skin, "that should delay it's progress for a few days at least."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Korrin Blackheart

Korrin will be as gentle with Amina as possible, both physically and emotionally. He tests the waters by merely mentioning the Bishop and Cassandra to see her reaction before discussing the looming quest.

When he feels she is ready: Amina my dear. I've spoken with the bishop on your condition. We think there is a spell within you that must be completed to rid you of it. And this spell has regents. Apparently there are others who are sick, and they too have friends willing to strike out on dangerous journeys to save them. I hate to leave you, but I fear, for your sake, I am to join this band in order to procure ingredients for your recovery. I will be back as soon as is possible. And then we can leave from this place and enjoy everything as promised. Will you be all right on your own? Just for a short while longer?
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

"It may be of little aid, but I did offer to help in anyway I could," Adalon offers, trying not to let his attention be drawn away by Aberinth's wound. In honesty, he was less distracted by the color of the blood itself and more with Aberinth's lack of reaction. Catching himself staring slightly, Adalon returns to talking.

"Though with my training as it is, I probably could think of very few reagents for such a purpose," Adalon again works through his through the temple's tomes in his mind as he talks, hoping to recall details of rare components to enhance spell of healing and dispelling. "I would be ready to head out today if we can be certain as to the location of some, however there is someone I should try to contact concerning another matter me and Bishop Ivacear were speaking of on the way here."

Spoiler: Mechanical
    Show
    All to attempt to think of/remember useable reagents for strengthening healing or dispelling/curse removal effects
    Arcana: (1d20+8)[24]
    Nature: (1d20+8)[9]
    Religion: (1d20+8)[17]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+10)[28]

28. - Top - End - #28

Korrin Blackheart

Amina laughs a little, "I think you mean reagents," she interrupts, for only a moment, before he continues, "...I'm not sure what the spell is, but, I read one by accident that Master Kane told me to never use, it might help. I'll, I'll write up what I can remember of it and leave it outside the door, maybe, maybe someone can see if it can hel-" she stops midsentence, stiffens, and goes limp in Korrin's arms. She wakes again barely a second later, "s-s-s-sorry, tha-at happens sometimes," she says, trying to regain her bearings after blacking out.

A moment later, there's a knock on the door with footsteps walking away shortly after.

Adalon

Spoiler
    Show
    There are several ingredients that can be used for strengthening spells that deal with diseases.

Acidic ingredients are particularly useful for enhancing disease causing ones, while basic ones would help counter them.

Wolfsbane is great for countering diseases, especially supernatural diseases, the older, the better it is.

Special salts can also hinder a disease from progressing, salts only found in undersea caverns or brackish marshes.

Ash from magic woods can also boost the effectiveness against evil effects.

"I assume you mean Korrin, someone of importance to him is in a similar position, though her issue is with panic attacks induced by a different form of curse, he's nearby, I'll give Cassandra a call, it may be a good idea to get Angela as well... Ivacear, you know where she is correct?"

"In the church, outer edge, behind the left eye."

"Right, I'll have her come down as well," a light seems to glint off the gem on his collarbone, "they'll be here shortly."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2014-01-29 at 03:54 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

"As normal of me it is to concern myself far to much with the worries of others, even those I've only just met," Adalon smiles lightly, looking down at the girl on the bed next to him and reaching to brush her forehead.

"The worries that weigh most on me are of a more personal matter. With what I have heard from Ivacear, I find myself doubt not only my faith but those who teach it. With that doubt, I can't help but think it unwise to leave my sister there unwatched. It may be a matter to discuss with Conak come tomorrow."

Adalon shakes his head again to focus on the matter at hand.

"Back to our matter here," Adalon lets his right hand drift to his temple in thought, milling stories and text about in his head once more, "aged wolfsbane and the ash of magical woods are among the most potent reagents I can recall for combating this kind of malady, given it's likely supernatural and corrupt nature," Adalon tries to recall details of those two reagents in particular as he talks. "Salts from special undersea caves and swamps could help to stall the disease and highly basic reagents could aid in strengthening the remedy."

Spoiler: Mechanical
    Show
    Knowledge(Nature)(Climate most suited for the natural growth of wolfsbane): (1d20+8)[11]
    Lore(To recall any myths or stories regarding magical woods): (1d20+7)[18]

30. - Top - End - #30

Korrin Blackheart

I think I have a caller. I will be back dear. I'm glad you are taking this fairly well. And you never have to apologize with me. We'll figure this out.

Korrin will step out and follow the footsteps, checking the bottom of the door for anything delivered.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won something!
    Spoiler
    Show