New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Upcoming games you’re excited for?

I find myself not enjoying, and consequently not playing, many games anymore. Started gaming back on the NES. Nowadays I see trailers and I think… more of the same. Most of the games I do enjoy are either old and I’m replaying them, remasters of old games, or they have that retro feel.

However, there are a few games I’m truly looking forward to (in no particular order).

1) Hollow Knight: Silksong. Yeah yeah who knows when it’s coming out, but HK is my favorite metroidvania of all time, and what we’ve seen for Silksong so far looks promising.

2) SaGa Frontier 2 remaster. SF remaster was super fun, NG+ was *exactly* what SF needed. I wanted to like SF back in the day, got it like right when it came out, but ultimately just didn’t like it. Hopeful.

3) Pokémon gen 2 remaster/remake/whatever. Like Let’s Go but gen 2. Hoping you can import your save data from Let’s Go, but I’m not holding my breath.

4) Ur-Quan Masters 2. Yes you read that right, after 30 years, Star Control II is getting a legit sequel. Might not be out for like 4 years though, who knows.

5) Live A Live. Alright alright this game’s already out, but I haven’t gotten around to getting it yet. I looked into it a little and discovered… it’s a remaster of an SNES game.

Bonus points, recent disappointments.
    1) FFVII remake. FFVII is one of top favorite games of all time. I actually was excited for the remake. Got a few hours in… it was alright. Lost interest.

2) MC Dungeons. Got it to do some coop stuff with my kids, and we do play it a bit for family time, but if it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t play it.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Upcoming games you’re excited for?

Oh, plenty. I just pre-ordered a handful today, actually.

This year

Bayonetta 3 - Love the series, it's tied with Devil May Cry for best action games IMO. New one is looking very good from the previews. I just wish there was more than a week and a half between it and...

God of War: Ragnarok - The 2018 God of War was fantastic, from gameplay to story, so I'm expecting more great things from the conclusion.

Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope - The first of these was better than it had any right to be, so I look forward to the new one.

Gotham Knights - More Batman: Arkham is a good thing (especially with how long it's been since Arkham Knight), even without Batman. Could do without Red Hood though.

Marvel: Midnight Suns - Strategy-RPG Marvel game from the makers of X-Com, I'm on board with that. Use of cards in the combat system is a weird choice, but still looks fun.

Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core: Reunion - Looks like it's using FF7R's combat system, so I'm interested. FF7R was the first Final Fantasy game to truly impress me, particularly its combat, which is the single best blend of action and RPG combat I've ever seen. Never played Crisis Core specifically before, but more of that, I am down for.

Next Year

Fire Emblem: Engage - Not sure if this'll be as good as its predecessor, but it looks fun. God does Alear's hair look dumb, though.

Forspoken - An action-RPG where you play a mage instead of a weapon user? And the magic is actually very fluid, varied, and looks awesome to do? What madness is this? I love my magic, and that being the focus of this game's combat and it looking as great as it does sold me on this one despite it being an open-world game (something I normally don't like). Just sucks that it releases only 4 days after Fire Emblem...

Hogwarts: Legacy - Surprisingly, despite not being a Harry Potter fan (never read the books or watched the movies), this looks good to me, and I get the impression that being unfamiliar with the source material shouldn't be an issue for me. Comes out too soon after Fire Emblem and Forspoken to be a day 1 purchase, but assuming I hear good things, I'll probably give it a go.

Final Fantasy 16 - An action-RPG with combat designed by an actual Devil May Cry combat designer? Sign me the hell up. Even if the story sucks (always a distinct possibility with Final Fantasy...), that'll make it worth playing for sure.

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - Like I said, FF7R was the first Final Fantasy game to truly impress me, so I'm definitely looking forward to the second part.

Stellar Blade - Was called "Project Eve" until earlier this week, looks like basically Bayonetta but with Lovecraftian foes, so I'm very interested. Story looks way more melodramatic than Bayo's over-the-top craziness, which might not be great, but gameplay's the more important thing, and that looks pretty promising.

Street Fighter 6 - Street Fighter's not one of my personal favorite fighting game franchises, but I always feel like I should give it a shot when a new one comes out. And if nothing else all of the things they're doing with the single-player "World Tour" mode look really cool and fun.

Unknown Future

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp - This one's just waiting on either certain real world events to resolve or Nintendo to go "screw it, just release it anyway," but I was a big fan of the series, so a shiny remake of the first two games is quite welcome by me whenever it finally drops.

Spider-Man 2 - The 2018 Spider-Man game and the Miles Morales follow-up were both great, so more of that but with both Spider-Men playable sounds good to me.

Dragon's Dogma 2 - First one was quite good, and it's taken way too long for them to give it a proper sequel. But Capcom has been on fire for a while now, so I'm quite confident this will come out strong.

And that's without getting into things like inevitable but unannounced sequels (Persona 6, Dragon Ball FighterZ 2), games I'm unsure about (Dragon Age: Dreadwolf, the next Mass Effect), or DLC (future characters for Guilty Gear Strive or, hopefully, DNF Duel).
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #3

Ooh good bit of content to discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Marvel: Midnight Suns - Strategy-RPG Marvel game from the makers of X-Com, I'm on board with that. Use of cards in the combat system is a weird choice, but still looks fun.
    Dang, I got excited until I saw "cards."
    Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core: Reunion - Looks like it's using FF7R's combat system, so I'm interested. FF7R was the first Final Fantasy game to truly impress me, particularly its combat, which is the single best blend of action and RPG combat I've ever seen. Never played Crisis Core specifically before, but more of that, I am down for.
    Dunno if you read the original post, but hrmmmm I may give FF7R another go. Never played CC, but I feel like I'm missing out on plot by not doing so. (Nor did I play DoC or the mobile one)
    Final Fantasy 16 - An action-RPG with combat designed by an actual Devil May Cry combat designer? Sign me the hell up. Even if the story sucks (always a distinct possibility with Final Fantasy...), that'll make it worth playing for sure.

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - Like I said, FF7R was the first Final Fantasy game to truly impress me, so I'm definitely looking forward to the second part.
    Ya know, I've played every FF from 1-15 (minus XI and XIV, but throw in a few others, like Tactics). I'll probably pick up 16 at some point of completion's sake, but not expecting much.
    Dragon's Dogma 2 - First one was quite good, and it's taken way too long for them to give it a proper sequel. But Capcom has been on fire for a while now, so I'm quite confident this will come out strong.
    Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Man I *loved* Dragon's Dogma, suuuper fun archery system. Didn't know it was getting a proper sequel. Thanks!
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Dang, I got excited until I saw "cards."
    The concept is that your character's options for actions in a given turn is determined by drawing a set of cards representing their abilities. The devs have said that the idea is to give you more on-the-fly decision making, since you'll never be completely sure what specific abilities or combinations of abilities you'll have access to in a given turn. Like I said, odd choice, but I'm open to trying it. Even if I find it worse than just having access to all of your options, or having things limited by a meter or the like, I still think it'll be fun.

Dunno if you read the original post, but hrmmmm I may give FF7R another go. Never played CC, but I feel like I'm missing out on plot by not doing so. (Nor did I play DoC or the mobile one)
    I did, and that's fine. We clearly have very different tastes, as while I can enjoy older games, I generally would say that video games broadly and most specific series have gotten better over time.

And as mentioned, Final Fantasy never really impressed me before 7 Remake. I'm a fairly big JRPG fan, so I kept trying different ones to give it a shot, but always wound up at least somewhat disappointed. I enjoyed the combat in 10, but its story was not good; I thought 4 was okay, but nothing great; and I honestly would have said prior to playing 7 Remake that my favorite was FF1, just because I can appreciate a simple old-school dungeon crawler - plus it probably helped that I could think of it as 8-Bit Theatre: The Game to make up for its lack of any interesting story or characters. By contrast, I found 12 mediocre in all respects, 10-2 and 13 bad, and never even made it all the way through 7-9 when I tried those (and particularly disliked 8). I went back to 7 only after Remake gave me a greater interest in its characters and story to help overcome my dislike of the ATB combat system (and the far too many mandatory mini-games...), and even having played it all the way through now, while I'd say I'm happy it's the one getting the Remake treatment since its story is better than the rest, I am still not a big fan of the original 7 due to its gameplay and poorly-aged visuals and other presentation elements.

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Man I *loved* Dragon's Dogma, suuuper fun archery system. Didn't know it was getting a proper sequel. Thanks!
    They announced it back in June, but didn't make as big of an announcement out of it as they probably should have - it was tacked on to the end of a Dragon's Dogma stream showing a "making of" style video about the original as a celebration of its 10th anniversary, and didn't include any sort of announcement trailer of any kind. Odd choice on their part, but yes, a sequel is in the works at long last.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2022-09-18 at 12:03 PM.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #5

My hype train is still stalled at Advance Wars station, which is being denied to me due to

*checks notes*
    complex geopolitics of which we shall not discuss here.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #6

The System Shock 1 remake and STALKER 2. Interested in Avowed, Obsidian's Skyrim-like, and in Beyond All Reason, a modern, freeware Total Annihilation-like currently playable as an advanced alpha.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I have three games thus far I’m looking forward to.

1. Shadows of Rose (RE Village DLC). We finally get to play as Ethan’s daughter- a driving plot point in the main game, Village. And this time, we play in third person, which is in my opinion, a far better view than first for these games.

We also get the original Village game added in 3rd person, which makes the game worth playing.

2. God of War: Ragnarok. Having played the games since 2005, this is an entry I an definitely looking forward to. The 2018 game was incredible, and we got to hear about a lot of very important figures in Norse Mythology.

Here we finally meet them. Whether it’s a cordial meet or one more suited to Kratos’ nature, time will tell.

3. The Callisto Protocol. If you ever played 2008’s Dead Space and liked its Sci Fi/Horror blend, this game is made by the same people. It looks gory and dark and claustrophobic. Looking forward to it.

I never played Crisis Core, but the end of FF7 Remake refers to that game very specifically. So I’m hoping the upcoming game remakes Crisis Core and gives me some insight into the very extensive FF7 lore.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

What has my personal interest is the upcoming wave of Trails games Falcom is bringing us. The two Crossbell games, Trails into Reverie and eventually the Calvard Saga. They are even bringing over The Nayuta "Boundless Trails" one. Maybe one day we could even get the Ys X Trails in the sky game.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlanBruce View Post
    I have three games thus far I’m looking forward to.

1. Shadows of Rose (RE Village DLC). We finally get to play as Ethan’s daughter- a driving plot point in the main game, Village. And this time, we play in third person, which is in my opinion, a far better view than first for these games.

We also get the original Village game added in 3rd person, which makes the game worth playing.
    I'm a bit disappointed by the return of 3rd person (it's what let RE7 feel SCARY for the first time in a while for the franchise), but I'm still looking forward to it.

God of War: Ragnarok is definitely high on my list, and I'm interested in Forspoken.

Dragon's Dogma 2 is BEYOND HYPE but I must bury it deep for the game will take a while to come out.

Potential Elden Ring DLC should be announced soon-ish I assume? That'd be cool.

I too find myself in the boat of oddly excited for Hogwarts Legacy. I really enjoyed the Chamber of Secrets game for the PS2, and the new game looks like it's basically "what you remember that game being but it actually wasn't".

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Put me down for this one too. It’s taking a great deal of willpower to prevent myself from preordering this.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Silksong's already been mentioned, but I'll throw another vote in the pile.

Momodora: Moonlit Farewell - no idea when it's coming, but I'm pumped for another great Momodora game.

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - I really enjoyed Fallen Order, and hopefully EA won't screw this one up.

Warhammer 40k: Darktide - Tentatively interested. I didn't really like Vermintide, but I know the formula can work, and in the 40k setting they'll hopefully focus more on shooting and less on hack and slash.

Akatori, Crowsworn - I know there's lots of indie metroidvanias coming out these days, but I'm not sick of it yet and these two both look pretty promising.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 - If it ever comes out, it probably won't be as good as the first one. But it'd be great if it was.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MinimanMidget View Post
    Star Wars: Jedi Survivor - I really enjoyed Fallen Order, and hopefully EA won't screw this one up.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Fallen Order was pretty good, so yeah, unless previews/word of mouth wind up making it look like they've screwed something up, I'll probably be getting that shortly after it comes out.

Also reminds me of another one I forgot: the Knights of the Old Republic Remake. Tentatively, anyway, since we haven't seen anything from it, and just know it is in development, but I'm definitely interested.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Colossus in the Playground

Silksong, definitely.

Ur-Quan 2 I had no idea was a thing, but now you mentioned it, yeah, I'm excited. Is that the third f unrelated Star Control II sequel now?

Uhm, apart from that... there's a new Monkey Island comign out next week I'm cautiously optimistic about, even if the graphics look abysmally ugly in screenshots.

Uhm, big Cyberpunk DLC. I may be like the one person in the world who really liked Cyberpunk 2070. Playing it like a year after release probably helped, but I did.

Otherwise, I can't think of much. Like, all the game trailers I saw this year left me with a tired "yeaaaah, that's a thing, I suppose".

Edit: Oh yeah, Darktide might be a thing. Vermintide was fun, but I never got really into it, despite liking Fantasy a lot more than 40k.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-09-19 at 02:50 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Uhm, big Cyberpunk DLC. I may be like the one person in the world who really liked Cyberpunk 2070. Playing it like a year after release probably helped, but I did.
    I liked what I played of Cyberpunk, enough to keep it installed and patched up to current. At this point I'll wait for the expansion to try for a complete and proper playthrough, which is sort of excitement.

I too feel the pull of Hogwarts Legacy. Not really sure why, it just looks like a good game, and a much better use of Harry Potter than the astonishingly gawdawful Fantastic Beasts movies.

I'll get Company of Heroes 3, for which I'm moderately excited, CoH remains one the most compelling and engagingtakes on RTS. I hope it remains singleplayer focused, I find MP is basically a Dementor that hollows out RTSs and leaves them soulless and bland husks *coughStarcraftcough.

Men of War 2 is also worth watching. The first game is the most brain-melting thing I've ever played, and the second looks to keep that alive.

Long term Sins of a Solar Empire 2 is the biggest thing on the horizon. But that's years out at this point, si no point getting hyped yet.

Otherwise nadda. Mostly I think this is because my favorite games are all solidly AA tier stuff, and those just don't get the press train that big studio releases to, or the sudden popularity spikes of whatever indie game goes vital this week.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Just saw a trailer for Homeworld III.

I loved Homeworld, and Cataclysm was awesome (although some of the dialog and voice acting could have used some work). Then they came out with Homeworld II. The graphics were fantastic, the story was ridiculous, and the gameplay was atrocious.

Homeworld III looks beautiful. I just hope they've got the story and gameplay to back it up.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

The only other thing coming out this year I'm looking forward to is Mount and Blade 2. They are finally, finally, FINALLY doing a full release next month.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

I enjoyed it mostly, though stopped right before the final mission. I had decided to go and clean up the Beat on the Brat quest I'd been working on THE ENTIRE GAME before doing the final mission.

When the reward was like 1000 creds and an "attagirl" I was too depressed to keep playing.

Edit: Oh yeah, Darktide might be a thing. Vermintide was fun, but I never got really into it, despite liking Fantasy a lot more than 40k.
    Darktide might be fun, but it won't stop me from heckling the devs on every update on it about if Vermintide 2's Versus Mode is still "coming soon" like it has been for 3 years.

18. - Top - End - #18

Going to get into deep spoilers about the Cyberpunk DLC, but I'm mad for specific end-game reasons

Spoiler
    Show
    This isn't space heist. This isn't blue eyes. WHY DID YOU TEASE THEM. There's this huge AI invasion from beyond the blackwall being carefully, carefully hinted at, and it's V's only chance of unscrambling his brain.

And this. isn't. that.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #19

For indie games, in no particular order:
    1)Akurra looks like a fun hybrid between 2D adventure games like Legend of Zelda and Sokoban puzzles, coming this year.
    2)The graphical version of Dwarf Fortress: no announced release date.
    3)Kitsune Trails sounds like a story-heavy game mixed with Super Mario Bros-style platforming, coming 2023.
    4)The Frogs, a game inspired by the Aristophanes play, coming 2023.
    5)Zoners, described by the developer as "Imagine a souped up pong with weird characters, special moves, unique stage gimmicks, unnecessary lore & queer aliens and you've got ZONERS." It's early access now, and I have a strict policy of not paying for prerelease games, so I won't play it unless and until it's officially released.
    6)"Save the Princess," an announced game by webcomic artist Jocelyn Samara DiDomenick, the author of Rain and My Impossible Soulmate. There is no announced release date, and we don't know very much about it, but I really enjoy her comics so I expect I'll at least enjoy the story of her game.

As far as AAA games go, I don't think I'm excited about any. I am intrigued by the idea of Niantic's Peridot, but I am trying to temper my expectations since Niantic doesn't have a great track record IMO.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

For some games like Bloodlines 2, I feel like as the gap between the news and the release date opens up and reaches a certain degree, it starts to have a "negative hype" sort of effect.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGirl

Ur-Quan 2 I had no idea was a thing, but now you mentioned it, yeah, I'm excited. Is that the third f unrelated Star Control II sequel now?
    It's actually being made by the people who made Star Control 2, so I don'r see how it could be considered unrelated. I'm looking forwards to it.

I generally don't get too excited for games and don't keep up with knowledge about what's coming out. Games are just generally better now than my early days with Atari and NES and I generally play fewer now so I can sort of skim from the top few games each year and have a good time. That being said I'm curious to see SenS, but there's so little information about it that it's hard to exactly get excited for it. It's just made by the same person who made NaissanceE and that had a very interesting feel to it and visuals.

Also I would presume the people who made Disco Elysium are making another game. Companies tend to do that, right? I'll be excited for that when they make another one.
    I write a horror blog in my spare time.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

I've lost track of how long I've been waiting for Beacon Pines to release after I got hooked by the demo at least a year ago, but it's out today! So you're probably not going to be hearing from me for a while. This game really brings back a lot of the feelings I had playing Night in the Woods... honestly, I can see it being the same setting in a different art style.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Victoria III is probably the sole game I'm actively looking forward to: the diplomatic system looks really good, and I think I'll like a grand strategy where war is truly secondary to economical dominance and building spheres of influence through diplomatic means. I'll probably start with an Ottoman playthrough to see if I can find a remedy for the Sick Man of Europe, though I might try a smaller, less threatened nation first to learn the ropes.

Beyond that, I'm still hoping Vampire: Bloodlines II will come out eventually, but I'm not holding my breath. The writers who made the first so great quit (as did the original senior writer a bit later), the original studio was booted, and there's literally been no news for over a year. It's probably been left somewhere in the ninth circle of development hell.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

I try not to get too hyped up about games before they release since they hardly ever are as good as the hype.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I try not to get too hyped up about games before they release since they hardly ever are as good as the hype.
    Getting too deep in the sauce is bad, for sure, but it's not healthy to push down your excitement for stuff. Good way to just decide you're not into gaming anymore at all because you're too anti-hype.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

OK, correction, I had to come back to post again. I just found out that Suikoden 1 and 2 are being remastered! Suikoden 1 is tied for my favorite JRPG and S2 is universally considered the best of the series, but I don't own it because I've never once seen a copy for a sane price, so these are instantly going to the top of my wishlist. Even with Konami being a pathetic shell of its former self, the footage I saw of the remake looks promising, and I'm one of those non-purist weirdoes who would like to see an updated translation.
    =====

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

I sure hope the Suikoden remasters are better than that abysmal SMT Nocturne remaster.

And there is a very decent chance that Bloodlines 2 could be the new Duke Nukem Forever.
    Last edited by WritersBlock; 2022-09-23 at 12:02 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    From this point of view, I wish there were more free demos available. They can be better than any review (although I can think of at least one game with a very funny first level that was used as a demo and far less inspired level design for the rest).
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WritersBlock View Post
    I sure hope the Suikoden remasters are better than that abysmal SMT Nocturne remaster.
    Hard to picture the remasters being a trainwreck, but even if they are... the creator of Suikoden is back in the game industry, making his own JRPG. So one way or another, what I loved about Suikoden is getting revived!
    =====

30. - Top - End - #30
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BeerMug Paladin View Post
    It's actually being made by the people who made Star Control 2, so I don'r see how it could be considered unrelated. I'm looking forwards to it.
    I meant unrelated to the other sequels. As in, thrre's several lines of SC2 sequels now made by different people.

Also I would presume the people who made Disco Elysium are making another game. Companies tend to do that, right? I'll be excited for that when they make another one.
    They are, but it's not looking good. On the one hand, Za/um seems to be hiring a lot of people. On the other, Robert Kurvitz (lead writer), Helen Hindpere (Final Cut lead writer) and Alexander Rostov (concept artist/art director) all seem to have more or less quietly left the company.

Around the time Za/Um rebranded from"experimental art collective" to "full time game company".
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-09-23 at 03:28 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist