The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Anyone else excited for this game? Here's a link to the steam page. I'm excited! I pre-purchased it and can't wait to play it! I have all of next week starting Tuesday and going into the weekend cleared so I can play it.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gray Mage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    I was interested in it, but due to their pricing policy (it's on the same ballpark or more expensive than AAA games) I think I'll have to give it a miss. Maybe when it gets a big discount.

    I'm curious on how it ends up being, and I quite like the art style, so I might keep track of it/see some gameplay and reviews.


    Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    I was interested in it, but due to their pricing policy (it's on the same ballpark or more expensive than AAA games) I think I'll have to give it a miss. Maybe when it gets a big discount.
    I think that's just the overall gaming market. River City Girls came out a little while about for $30. It's an indie 2D game and those typically go for $15-$20. Products do tend to get more expensive overtime.

    But I'll report back on the quality of the game once it comes out. I'm gonna try to beat it in a week.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Gray Mage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    I think that's just the overall gaming market. River City Girls came out a little while about for $30. It's an indie 2D game and those typically go for $15-$20. Products do tend to get more expensive overtime.

    But I'll report back on the quality of the game once it comes out. I'm gonna try to beat it in a week.
    It's a (lack of) regional pricing thing. Due to that it is priced for me as an equivalent of 60 dolar game (Total War 3 Kingdoms and DMC5 are cheaper than it without ano discount). And that is after they made a slight change, before that it was almost comparable to Cyberpunk 77's price.

    Thanks, I am interested in it, might keep track of it and look for in a steam sale in the future.


    Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Silfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Esslingen, Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    I backed it like four years ago, obviously at the minimum required to get an actual copy. It was $30 then, and it would cost me 36 on release now. That's not super far off.

    I'm going to be so super bad at it. Good thing it's single player, so no one can judge me.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    It's not a game I'm too excited for on PC but I did pre-order it on Amazon when the Switch release comes. I want to play it, but I'm happy to wait considering all the other awesome games the Switch has had and is getting.


    Also, that gives me time to cancel it if the reviews say it sucks. I wasn't a huge fan of their fighting game, so we'll see how they handle this. Do love their art though.
    Last edited by Razade; 2019-10-02 at 06:24 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    I wasn't a huge fan of their fighting game, so we'll see how they handle this.
    WHAT?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Do love their art though.
    That doesn't make up for your last statement!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    I backed this ages ago, enough to get the download, and I'm fairly hype because it's very clearly a spiritual successor to Valkyrie Profile, which was a great game.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

    Factotum Variants!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I backed this ages ago, enough to get the download, and I'm fairly hype because it's very clearly a spiritual successor to Valkyrie Profile, which was a great game.
    I don't know what that game is. All I know is Indivisible looks great and I really like Skullgirls. Plus the game will include crossover characters like Shantae and Shovel Knight.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    I don't know what that game is. All I know is Indivisible looks great and I really like Skullgirls. Plus the game will include crossover characters like Shantae and Shovel Knight.
    It's an old PS1 RPG by Square. The art is nothing alike, but the battle system of Indivisible is very similar from the trailers, along with the whole collecting characters to fight alongside you.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

    Factotum Variants!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    along with the whole collecting characters to fight alongside you.
    Isn't that just RPGs in general?

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    Isn't that just RPGs in general?
    Valkyrie Profile had a pretty unique party mechanic, your main character collects the souls of dead warriors to use as party companions, but at any time a party member can be permanently released which grants you a bonus (often unique and powerful gear) based on how much you'd levelled them up.

    Lots of games have you collecting characters, but very few give you the incentive to let them leave again.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Valkyrie Profile had a pretty unique party mechanic, your main character collects the souls of dead warriors to use as party companions, but at any time a party member can be permanently released which grants you a bonus (often unique and powerful gear) based on how much you'd levelled them up.

    Lots of games have you collecting characters, but very few give you the incentive to let them leave again.
    It's also that you seem to be collecting them in a spiritual manner, in the jewel on the protagonists' head, whle VP had you literally collecting the souls of the dead.

    But the combat and platforming is also reminiscent of VP, which is what has me exciting, the later VP games lacked that.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

    Factotum Variants!

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    We only have literal hours!

    Also...
    Spoiler
    Show


    Is that a portal box? How is that not copyright infringement? I'm so confused.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    We only have literal hours!

    Also...
    Spoiler
    Show


    Is that a portal box? How is that not copyright infringement? I'm so confused.
    It's a cameo, and they no doubt got permission. I'm pretty sure some other characters from indie games will show up, or so I've heard.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

    Factotum Variants!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    It's a cameo, and they no doubt got permission. I'm pretty sure some other characters from indie games will show up, or so I've heard.
    Shantae and Shovel Knight to name two.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    That is not a 'portal box'. That's a Weighted Companion Cube.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    We only have literal hours!

    Also...
    Spoiler
    Show


    Is that a portal box? How is that not copyright infringement? I'm so confused.
    It's not copyright infringement because they obviously got permission. They're based off Steam, you'd expect if they didn't have permission they'd be removed. It's just common sense. You already know they have other IPs in them so I'm not sure how you're confused on this. You clearly understand that this stuff can happen. What's so weird about it being a Valve property?

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: Indivisible comes out in a week (October 8th)

    Just finished the game. It took me like 42 hours, although it was my first time through and I wanted to 100% complete (which I did). You could easily beat the game in under 30 hours - possibly as quickly as 20 hours. I might go back and play it again in the next few days to see how quickly I can do it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •