New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default General Crowdfunding Thread Mk II

The Mod Wonder:

This is the Crowdfunding thread for Gaming (Other). In it, you will find discussion and promotion of crowd-funded projects related to video games, board games, and card games. Crowd-funding drives for art and jewelry will be found in Arts and Crafts, while those for games can be found in General Role-playing.

As a semi-permanent and structured thread, there are two rules that need to be addressed.

Rule 1. All other board rules apply. Do not flame, do not double post, do not troll. If a crowd-funding project breaks any of the board rules (e.g. explicit materials, political or religious in nature), it will be deleted, and the person posting it will receive the appropriate warning or infraction.

Rule 2.Posting crowd-funding plugs. You may post one initial link to your crowd-funding drive, explaining the project; for our purposes, you "own" any project you post the initial link to, whether you're the creator or not. When the project is at a week or less remaining, you may post another reminder of it. You may, of course, join in any discussion of it, though we encourage that to move to the crowd funding site, itself. Do not spam the thread with reminders; if people talk about it, they talk about it.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2015-06-27 at 07:57 AM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread Mk II

First off; I'd like to give a big thanks to the Mod Wonder for opening this thread!

So I came across this kickstarter lately, and I've thrown in my pledge. It's in its final hours, but no pressure! The Legend of Lobodestroyo: VS La Liga De Los Villanos (Hope I spelled that right >.>) is a love letter to the N64 RareWare days; seeking to channel the spirit of wonder and adventure from times past, while putting a fresh new spin on old concepts (Lava level? More like lava flooded theme park! Spooky haunted level? How about mixing it with a correctional facility?) and filling them with a cast of colorful characters and off-beat humor.

The team behind Lobodestroyo has some big, big shoes to fill if they want to succeed at this goal - and so far, from the concepts they have up, they are making quite the solid effort to do so. However, they aren't quite there yet, so we need to stuff those ginormous boots full of cash until they fit more snugly than Banjo's pants!

The score is composed by the mighty Gooseworx, who, so far, manages to make me froth at the mouth and twitch with unbridled desire to play this game already! You can find teases of his work on this project on the Kickstarter page. The game's website can be found here. Watch the trailer and read up on the Kickstarter updates to get a better grasp of what this game is about than my ramblings can ever deliver. I hope I've sold you on the concept, and, if I have completely and totally failed to manage that, at least give the creators of the game a chance and take the pitch first-hand from them.

Update: The kickstarter is now over and the game was successfully funded. Given the low amount of views to the post, I imagine I didn't get this project the attention I wanted from you guys, but thank you to anyone who backed regardless!
    Last edited by Lord Sammy; 2013-12-11 at 12:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello fellow tabletop enthusiasts, my name is Khoma and I'd like to showcase the kickstarter that's been in development for over a year:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...10/shadow-rise

'Shadow Rise' includes (painted):

1x 6 pc. Garrisoned Outpost, 7x4x7 inch exterior, 4x4x4 inch interior.
    1x Summoner with Gargoyle Duocorn, Wingspan 7'' Length 5.5''
    1x Hailstone Knight with Hailstone Dragon, Wingspan 8'' Length 6''
    26x 28mm scale miniatures
    6'' measuring tool, two dice, doodads, cards and counters.
    Models are currently being modified and finalized.

Looking forward to your feedback, if you are interested in the basic game rules please visit my kickstarter page for more information.

Thank you for your time.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh cool, designated Kickstarter thread! So I don't know how many of you guys have heard about the Mega Man board game, but it's about to go into it's final day so I thought I'd tell you all some stuff that happened with it recently:

-Colored Figures were unlocked! Jasco lowered the amount needed to reach them significantly and now we've pushed pretty far past it!

-Paypal support was added and will last for a while (no set end time yet). Pledges through Paypal will also count towards stretch goals.

Check it out here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...the-board-game

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Looks like they're Kickstarting La-Mulana 2. Lemeza's been forced into hiding for killing the creator of all life and destroying the most incredible archeological find in history, so it's up to his extremely American relative (possibly a daughter or half-sister; she apparently doesn't like to talk about it) Lumisa to delve into the nearby ruins of Eglana and find out why monsters keep showing up.

Stretch goals include forcing Naramura to eat nothing but curry for three days straight and an even more sadistic Hell Temple!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

So, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is an exploration-driven high-fantasy MMORPG designed around doing the PvE in parties, with a pretty good pedigree. The devs have worked on various SOE games, including classic EverQuest, so they know what they're doing.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2014-01-31 at 06:49 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey gang. I'd like to bring two Kickstarters that need a bit of help to your attention.

1) Zeppeldrome. (Disclosure: one of the creators, Anthony, is an acquaintance of mine.)

This is a strategy board game where players must race their dirigible from start to finish. Along the way, they need to avoid obstacles - some standard to the board, some tossed out by other racers. The game allows for different configurations so you can have a wide variety of board setups.

This one currently has about 34 hours left and (as of now) is about 3/4 of the way to being funded. A pledge of $29 gets you the game, with reward levels above and below that, as well as a few add-ons.

2) Flip Flash. (Disclosure: The creator, Naomi, is a friend of mine.)

This is a fast paced card game; the basic idea is to get rid of all the cards in your hand as fast as possible. A real quick description is Uno at a much more frenetic pace.

This one has 4 days left and, as of this moment, is less than $400 from funding. The Update page includes descriptions of expansion cards - some that are kickstarter exclusive, and some that will be expansions added via stretch goals and such. It also has more information on Naomi herself - a pretty awesome mom and wonderful person.

A pledge of $10 gets you a PDF version, and $20 gets you the printed copy.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Change your Kickstarter Password, Thread!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/imp...ecurity-notice
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

so The Darkest Dungeon is on kickstarter. the game looks lovely.
    pitch in if you can!

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It feels kind of odd that this thread isn't stickied, especially because the Kickstarter threads in the other forums are stickies.

One Kickstarter that's almost over is Games of Art, a Kickstart of three games: Petite Pastiche, Games of Art, and Fantastiqa. Especially nice is that you can pledge for simply one of any other the games, in case you only want one and don't want to pledge the others. You can also pledge for two more games as add-ons, Cubist and Rococo, and you can add these games to the $1 pledge level (effectively picking them up independently).

There's also a lot of add-ons for Fantastiqa, if you're interested in picking those up. And again, they can be picked up with the $1 pledge level, basically just picking them up by themselves without getting the core game - for anyone who happens to have Fantastiqa itself.

EDIT: For those just finding the thread, it looks like the Kickstarter just finished, although you might be able to contact them for submitting a pledge anyways. Just check below the video.
    Last edited by erikun; 2014-03-05 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

I noticed this neat little game on Kickstarter called Linkage. It seems neat and fast paced. It's already funded and as far as I understand the design and everything is already in the final stage. All that's left to do is to print and ship, which is awesome.

Here's the preview of the cards:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Found this game on Kickstarter. It looks pretty great and what they are planning sounds like it will really differentiate itself from a lot of other similar games out there.

Zpocalypse: Survival - A rogue-lite strategic survival game with exploration, scavenging, base building, crafting, and deadly battles!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

There's this new videogame on Kickstarter (surprise!). It's called CodeSpells, and it looks amazing. The premise is that you play as a wizard, and you create spells. These spells are actually programmed by you using a simple drag-n-drop interface, and this is being made with the intent of teaching programming in a practical manner.

The magic system itself revolves around five elements: Earth, Fire, Air, Water, and Life. Earth is used for things like terrain manipulation, Fire is used for destruction and creation, Water is used to manipulate water, Air is used to probe for information, and Life adds an AI component in the form of creatures, up to and including entire ecosystems.

Unfortunately, Life is one of the stretch goals, but there's over twenty days left with the primary goal having already been met. I'm confident it'll happen.Two of the other stretch goals focus on a planned a multiplayer component being added. I get the feeling it's similar to Minecraft's multiplayer mode with the added option of sending other players your spells and creating new game modes. There's other stretch goals as well, adding an enhanced game creation mode at 200K as well as a character generator at 250K.

The game's going to go for $30, but backers can get the full version for $15. There's also a $10 reward tier, but there's only about 400 pledges left as of this writing.

There's no demo per se, but there is a prototype available.

The programming mode:

The results:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought there was another kickstarter thread in this sub-forum... but since this is mod designated I assume it doesn't die from old age?

Anyway it seems Reaper Mini is starting another Bones kickstarter:
    Reaper Miniatures CAV : Strike Operations
    I haven't played the game, but the models are pretty much Battletech, and that is what I would use them for... assuming I actually actually got to play Battletech at all any more. Of course maybe their game is good too, they don't have the rules released yet.
    But it is a good choice for anyone who likes big robots of death in small plastic form.

And when I did that I saw:
    28mm Fantasy Champions from Around the Ancient World
    Which is a small set of metal models of fantasy characters with designs of the general look inspired by real world armor from various ages.

It only has 3 hours to go, so not much time left but they've hit several of their stretch goals and the models look good. I've supported a few model kickstarters just basically to collect them even though I don't actually get around to playing anything with them any more.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

My visual novel game, Queen At Arms, is finally on Kickstarter after a year of development! We're shipping it in January.

It's full of branching paths, death, and hot boys. The decision-making aspect is modeled after Telltale's Walking Dead.

Check out our O'Reilly Book, "Creating Augmented and Virtual Realities: Theory and Practice for Next-Generation Spatial Computing"
    I contributed Chapter 13: "Virtual Reality Enterprise Training Use Cases"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aster Azul View Post
    My visual novel game, Queen At Arms, is finally on Kickstarter after a year of development! We're shipping it in January.
    Y'know, I just now figured out why that one Queen at Arms character looked so familiar: it's your avatar!
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I thought there was another kickstarter thread in this sub-forum... but since this is mod designated I assume it doesn't die from old age?
    Err...I actually asked permission to revive it, though I figure the mods wouldn't mind either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Anyway it seems Reaper Mini is starting another Bones kickstarter:
    Reaper Miniatures CAV : Strike Operations
    I haven't played the game, but the models are pretty much Battletech, and that is what I would use them for... assuming I actually actually got to play Battletech at all any more. Of course maybe their game is good too, they don't have the rules released yet.
    But it is a good choice for anyone who likes big robots of death in small plastic form.
    Oooooo...pretty. I kinda wish I had backed the first one.
    Last edited by Grinner; 2014-09-10 at 04:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Trese Brothers Kickstarter! Ten days left! Back now!

So. Hey, guys! I'm sorry if this thread has already been done, but…

Anyway. The Trese Brothers (and it literally is two brothers) make epic games for phones and tablets. They've made six so far, and they still constantly update them. Version 2.3.21 came out the other day for one, actually.

The point is, they've got ten days left on the Kickstarter (which was Staff Picked yesterday!), and it still needs another 27% of $50, 000. I make that another $18,159. If everyone goes on this board gives them their picket change, they'll be done in no time. They've already done a Kickstarter, ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-rpg?ref=users ) and gotten 169% funding on that, so why ruin their streak, eh? They've got a fabulous community on their forum ( http://startradersrpg.proboards.com/ ), they really listen to their customers (I reported a bug with a game of the theirs about a week ago and it was fixed within 8 hours), so come over to the Kickstarter and give them lots of money!
    Thanks in advance.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-traders-2-rpg
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    More quality harrumphing from Dragolord! 2 points! Arguments: 5 points. This has everything I would want in this kind of argument: clear and passionate demagoguery, with calls to glory and nascent nationalism, rejection of the old way and pressing forward into the new future! Love it!
    Player of this awesome game.

Dragolord out.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Trese Brothers Kickstarter! Ten days left! Back now!

I've got no idea if anyone is even reading this, but if any of you guys backed them, post it, would you? You know what they say about leaving a few coins in the bowl…
    More quality harrumphing from Dragolord! 2 points! Arguments: 5 points. This has everything I would want in this kind of argument: clear and passionate demagoguery, with calls to glory and nascent nationalism, rejection of the old way and pressing forward into the new future! Love it!

Dragolord out.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I've sort of given up hope now, but I've got one more bit of news. Some super-generous backer of their last Kickstarter has offered to match the next $2000 worth of backing. In effect, your pledges will be doubled, all on him. After that, we'll only need another three thousand! Five days left! Come oooooooooon!

Dragolord out.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: Stickying this thread; note that posting here must follow the rules in the first post, but reviving the thread won't get you Thread Necromancy.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

So Stuff and Nonsense is in the last 12 hours.

The game looks interesting, you run around London and pick up items to make up a story about all of the really interesting exploration you've never actually done.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Came on here to promote this exact Kickstarter myself. They are funded but are now reaching for the stretch goals. Trese Brothers Games is a remarkable indie gaming company. It is two brothers who write the code. There is a very active forum community around almost all their games. I personally have enjoyed their original Star Traders game which I liken to Sid Miers Pirates! from the old NES days. Only set in space with 6 different political powers instead of 4. The Kickstarter is for Star Traders 2 which seems to include elements from their other games I have enjoyed playing Heroes of Steel, Templar Assault, and Age Of Pirates. If you have $10 you can get the app and make it better if we reach those stretch goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord View Post
    So. Hey, guys! I'm sorry if this thread has already been done, but…

Anyway. The Trese Brothers (and it literally is two brothers) make epic games for phones and tablets. They've made six so far, and they still constantly update them. Version 2.3.21 came out the other day for one, actually.

The point is, they've got ten days left on the Kickstarter (which was Staff Picked yesterday!), and it still needs another 27% of $50, 000. I make that another $18,159. If everyone goes on this board gives them their picket change, they'll be done in no time. They've already done a Kickstarter, ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-rpg?ref=users ) and gotten 169% funding on that, so why ruin their streak, eh? They've got a fabulous community on their forum ( http://startradersrpg.proboards.com/ ), they really listen to their customers (I reported a bug with a game of the theirs about a week ago and it was fixed within 8 hours), so come over to the Kickstarter and give them lots of money!
    Thanks in advance.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-traders-2-rpg

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Kickstarter that is in it's last 48 hours but is over 650% funded and has blasted through 15 stretch goals!

Yashima: Legend of the Kami Masters is a fast-paced combat game that combines the speed and complexity of card games with the tactical movement and terrain found in miniature games. With various styles of play, you can compete in a two-player duel, team-based combat, or a free-for-all showdown!

• A player's Battle Deck is their life force, used to generate Karma and unleash new abilities. Every card you play and lose matters in your hand, and in the future.
    • Unique Tome cards with page-turning mechanics provide players with multiple tactical options to keep every turn exciting!
    • The Action Pool and the ability to influence turn-order makes every round a distinctive experience.
    • Facing, attack patterns, and “friendly fire” makes melee-combat simple, yet engaging.
    • Multiplayer competition stays intense and engaging for all players with restoration mode. Instead of elimination, defeated players return more powerful and with a vengeance. Drive all your opponents to restoration and be the last one standing to claim victory for yourself or for your team.

Last edited by Dakcenturi; 2014-10-12 at 09:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

I bought into Yashima last night, it looks pretty good.

Although I'm a bit mad at myself, I missing the King Down kickstarter. I had wanted to talk to my brother about it first and I didn't realize it ended last night. I thought it ended at the same time as Yashima (because when I checked originally they both had about the same number of days...)

Of course I did have it starred and the emailed me about an hour after I left work and I never check my email on my phone because it is a PITA and *almost* never anything important or time sensitive...

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey folks! Friend of mine just launched a tabletop papercraft tactical wargame on Kickstarter. Print and play, so no expensive models! Rule sets designed to be straightforward and very un-convoluted. You know, unlike certain other miniature-using tactical wargames out there that might rhyme with the word Boreslammer.

Enter Temporum Oblitus.

Just a couple of examples of the papercraft models he created himself!

Similes are like metaphors.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Yashima seemed to have a very weird ending, at least from any projects I've followed.
    They actually lost backers 4 days before it ended and both the second to last day and the last day they had negative fund totals.
    I was hoping they would hit $110k for the next stretch goal, and for a little while it looked like they were going to (only needing a couple hundred) and then by the time it ended it was 6k short.

I also just found this deck of cards with a steampunk theme.
    I actually don't play cards much but I do like collecting some gaming related things that are cool. Although looking at their other kickstarters I like the look of some of their other decks a lot more, but I don't see any mention of them on their website. I wonder if they didn't overprint enough to have any for sale.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Wireless Power Miniature Terrain Tech Lights Laser & Motors
    Spoiler
    Show

This looks pretty cool. I don't know how practical it would be though. I'm probably not going to buy into it just because I don't often play the sort of games that would make good use of it. It seems like a cool bit of technology.

I'm not sure if it is going to reach its goal or not, that is a fairly high (but for what it is, not out of line) requirement. Especially with it being a fairly niche appeal and the relatively high cost of entry for backers.

And while it has ended, this one looked pretty good for gaming mats. I would have posted it earlier but I didn't find it until it was about to end and didn't think anyone would see the post anyway. Just putting it up now because I'm posting anyway and figured anyone interested could follow up on their website once they get things going.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sure most of you have heard about the "game" That Dragon, Cancer

We created That Dragon, Cancer to tell the story of our son Joel and his 4-year fight against cancer. Our desire is to craft an adventure game that is poetic, playful, full of imagination and of hope. This is how we choose to honor him and his memory.

As players explore the five physical spaces in the game, they will unlock our memories, hear our thoughts, and discover the joy of Joel's laughter as they play through our family’s experience fighting this terrible dragon called Cancer.
    I know it drew quite a bit of attention at E3 and PAX.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hoi Chummers, listen up. Those folks over at Harebrained are at it again, this time looking for runners willing to waltz over to Hong Kong to ply their trade.

Interested in plunking down a few nuyen to see this project be the best it can be? Course you are. So jack out of your decks already and check it out.

=====

Or, to put it another way....

On the heels of their two widely successful games, Harebrained Schemes launched a Kickstarter today for their third Shadowrun Returns project. This time the setting will be in Hong Kong. It's already reached funding levels, and now they're in the More Content and More Polish stage of the project.

So if you want to check it out, here is the link to it: Shadowrun: Hong Kong

Funding lasts until Feb 17th.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2015-01-14 at 02:59 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb