New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: General Crowdfunding Thread Mk II

Not sure how useful posting this here would be, but it's a shame if this can't get made. This is their second kickstarter attempt, and IIRC they said they got investor that would add more fund if this kickstarter met their

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-fatebounds

Legrand Legacy is basically a classic psx-era final-fantasy game with modern production value. Or legend of dragoon for the new age, if you want to think it that way.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

Anyone found a crowdfunding about mobile game and who give nice gift about the game design ?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Not sure how useful posting this here would be, but it's a shame if this can't get made. This is their second kickstarter attempt, and IIRC they said they got investor that would add more fund if this kickstarter met their

Legrand Legacy is basically a classic psx-era final-fantasy game with modern production value. Or legend of dragoon for the new age, if you want to think it that way.
    Looks interesting, backed it straight away. Thanks for sharing.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hello,

I’m with the guys working on Forged of Blood - basically a Dragon Age meets X-Com - and thought you guys might be interested in checking us out. Rather than brag and try to sell the game, you guys can see what we are doing in our game play trailer on youtube (won't let me link it here).

The game was originally inspired by a pathfinder campaign my friends I played (Kingmaker, which I highly recommend for my tabletop brothers). Some friends and I with experience in the industry though to make it and as we put out feelers, quite a few people joined us and our studio was formed. We are about a year in and looking at another year for completion. We have a kickstarter campaign running to raise funds to add in additional features that we believe will improve the experience.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask as I'll check back here regularly if there is any interest in our game.

Milo

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hey, GitP,

I am a part of Luminary Games, and a while ago, we set out to make a card game unlike others. Ivion, named after the world it is based in, would have lore and gameplay go hand-in-hand in the best possible way. In Ivion, your deck IS your character.

If the name Ivion sounds familiar, it might be because it is the game that brought about the wildly popular “Berrymancer” art that circulated on reddit a few weeks ago... Because I'm a lurker here and have only made 7 posts in the past 3 years and not the requisite 10, I can't link it to you. So please, sort r/boardgames by "Top All Time" and you'll see the inexplicably intriguing Berrymancer art.
    When we are funded on Kickstarter, you will definitely be able to include that card in your deck.

Unlike almost any other deckbuilder out there, each card in Ivion represents a skill, attack or spell that your character actively uses. It may be as simple as a weapon strike, a deft dodge at the perfect moment, all the way to cataclysmic spell used to bury your foe in a flurry of ice and snow. When you finish building your deck, it isn’t just an assortment of seemingly random creatures and other cards that have been mashed together – it feels like the complete skill-set of a character from a RPG. Customization options already available in the first set of cards in the game amount to almost 80 combinations of character archetypes to explore. Each one has wildly different options during deckbuilding, allowing for unique play-styles and a huge variance of how each combat unfolds.

It’s a struggle to find the flavor and aesthetic satisfaction on a visceral level in many card and board games. We’ve woven together an exciting combination of both mechanical strategy for card game buffs as well as the visceral pay-off of fighting games. Each card played furthers the narrative of the battle, laying out in vivid detail how each character experiences the combat.

If you want to find out more about our game, show your support by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and checking us out on Kickstarter on April 27.

Thanks for reading!

6. - Top - End - #96

Equity-Based Crowdfunding For Health Startups.

Okay, what means "Equity-Based"?

can you explain thoroughly?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

For those of you interested in tabletop miniatures games, The Third Law went to kickstarter a couple days ago. It's a small-scale dystopian scifi skirmish game of robot battles. The models look very nice and the rules are solid.

8. - Top - End - #98

So, I have to advertise a game here, too. I'm not the game designer but I'm a backer and I think this game deserves all the attention it can get because it's pretty unique, interesting, the replayabitlity is high and with its fantasy setting it should be something for the crowd here.

The game is called "The City of Kings", if you click on the link you get to the Kickstarter page.

There's also a homepage for the game here and of course a page on BGG here.

It's a cooperative fantasy game with worker management, feeling, according to playtesters, like WoW as tabletop.

One of the great things in this Kickstarter campagne is the commitment of the designer Frank West (he's everyday checking all comments on Kickstarter, BGG, Twitter or Facebook and replies to everyone, no matter what). He actually created a world with a history of about 17000 years before he designed the game inside of this world. According to his words this game covers just a little glimpse of the world he created and there's the chance of more in the future. The game is currently 600% funded so the chance for more is pretty high.

If you are interested go to the sites and check it out, there are also some runthroughs on youtube (you can either search for The City of Kings there or click the links in the Kickstarter campagne), from my point of view this game looks like one of the best tabletop games I backed in the last year, maybe in league with Gloomhaven.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

[deleted for weird circumstances]
    Last edited by adamzeira; 2017-05-22 at 11:17 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread Mk II

wow all of them are great thanks for sharing that with us.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Julian Gollop, creator of the original X-COM series (for those who've played the newer X-COM, the Gollop Chamber is a tribute to him), has started a campaign for his new game, Phoenix Point. It's basically X-COM with some unique features and set in a post-apocalyptic world with some heavy influences from the Cthulhu Mythos. The game's already been funded and they're chugging along nicely for the stretch goals. Check it out if it sounds interesting!
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

12. - Top - End - #102

TerrainCrate is really picking up steam on kickstarter. The set's are a bit pricey, but you get a ton of content. For instance, the Dungeon crate set has 99 pieces for $75 bucks (making it roughly .75 cents per item). This value goes up more when you get a 3 crate bundle (making it .60 cents per item).

Anyway, rather then blather on much longer, here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

13. - Top - End - #103
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

Default Fort Triumph - like "XCOM meets D&D"

Hey guys, I'm one of the developers of Fort Triumph, an indie tactical RPG most easily described as "XCOM meets D&D", with physics elements and humor

Fort Triumph is all about tactical thinking and usage of the environment. Your heroes can hide behind objects for cover, push enemies off cliffs, topple pillars, set forests on fire and more

Can check out our demo on Steam

And a more thorough explanation than I can provide here on our KS that's at 99% with 24 hours to go

Would love to hear feedback. OotS has been a *huge* inspiration for us. Also happy to answer any questions

We're also looking for a writer in this other thread, specifically one from the GitP community. PM if you're interested

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

For those with an interest in The Ninth Age, or fantasy war gaming in general.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

Handelabra Games, the folks behind the digital version of the amazing Sentinels of the Multiverse, are creating a digital version of One Drck Dungeon, a neat cards-and-dice rogue-like that includes challenging resource management decisions and fun choices about how your adventurer grows. It looks really interesting, especially for people who enjoy roguelikes and digital adaptations of otherwise fiddly analog games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-tabletop-game
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Does anyone here have an opinion on the Project Phoenix / Tiny Metal thing? I just found out Tiny Metal exists. I've been hoping for a PC turn based game like that for a while. However, now that I see there'sa possibility the developer isn't trustworthy, I'm feeling cautious.

If it turns out I shouldn't trust the developer of Tiny Metal, at least I still have Wargroove to look forward to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Last edited by movieonline; 2018-02-04 at 03:53 AM.
    Don't forget to be awesome! 123yts.net Watch Your Favorite Movies Online

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

This Kickstarter game Starmancer sounds really cool. Advertised as a "Dwarf Fortress Inspired Space Station Sim", but I found it intriguing despite never playing Dwarf Fortress.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...375/starmancer

It's already funded and into bonuses as giving increases. It also has a free demo you can download.

EDIT: I tried the demo last night after making this post, and I'll admit the gameplay in it is rather limited and subpar... but it is a rather early demo. Artwork seemed pretty nice.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-03-05 at 01:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Deep War - The WWII card game amidst Colors and Curiosities

Deep War is a fast paced strategic card game set in World War II.
    You will be able to personify the greatest commanders and deploy units, infused with the essence of history, from Army, Aviation and Navy... all together, like never before.
    Beside the game there is a world, which will be greater and greater, where you will find curiosities, historical facts, the always beloved technical charts and many “Did you know...?” cards to feed your curiosity.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Firbolg in the Playground

Man, dunno if we can make it. Just 3 days left. So close yet so far.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ife?ref=5cfech

it's a game made by the dev of Deadly Premonition, about a journalist from new york investigating murder in a sleepy british town. Also she can turn into a cat.
    Last edited by Fri; 2018-05-01 at 08:28 PM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Heroes & Treasure RPG Board Game

Hi, I'm happy to announce that

is, well, now on Kickstarter.

It's a family-friendly RPG board game that streamlines the typical dungeon crawl to where it can be understood by kids as young as 4, while still being fun for their parents.

Kickstarter Link

Shipping will be US/EU/Canada/Australia-friendly.

We now return you to the impending end of the world, already in progress.
    Designer of Heroes & Treasure, a family-friendly FRPG featuring art by Erfworld's Xin Ye.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: General Crowdfunding Thread Mk II

Mobster Miniatures Kickstarter is offering miniatures for fans of Kung Fu, gangster movies. Some will be immediately recognisable. Would be of particular interest of to players of Feng Shui 2 RPG.

I've backed his most recent Kung Fu miniatures Kickstarter and he delivered promptly plus he's done multiple other successful Kickstarters.
    The creator is in it because he is passionate about this genre, and is happy to make figures for other fans of the genre to appreciate.
    Doing this is more important to him than making huge amounts of money.

The project is close to reaching it's goal with 12 days still to go and there are already a number of stretch goals added to the project.

I am a backer of the project, not the creator.
    Last edited by Thistledown; 2018-05-19 at 01:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Spiderweb Software is running a kickstarter for their new RPG game, Queen's Wish, in a brand new setting.

Spiderweb Software is an indie developer specializing in RPGs since before the concept of "indie" became a thing. I literally learnt what RPGs could be from their games decades ago. If you are interested, they have always believed in large playable demos, so go over to their website, and download some of them.

For those of us that already know Spiderweb Software, this is, they are hinting, their last new setting, and one gets the feeling this one has been brewing in Jeff's mind for some time.

Usual disclaimer: I am unconnected to Spiderweb Software in any way other than being their long-time client (and now backer). The campaign has a couple of weeks to go, and is successfully funded, but if it gets to 100k, they'll hire someone to do professional sound effects, which I'd love to get.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2018-06-12 at 09:09 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

There is a Kung Fu Panda boardgame kickstarter which has already reached it's funding goal and has multiple stretch goals to attain.

As well as appealing to Kung Fu Panda and boardgame fans, this could be good to really freak out players in oriental or alternate reality themed RPGs when certain figures start appearing.

Posting as a backer who thinks this is cool and wants to share with others who may be interested and may contribute to more stretch goals getting reached.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Found on Dakka, too amazing not to share

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ef=hero_thanks

D&D Doggos.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Everone loves Trogdor, now you can play his board game.

I'll be honest though, I backed it just to support them since they did some great stuff, I didn't really look into the game itself that closely.

There is also Game to Pick a Game which was meta if nothing else.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

New kickstarter for people who like card games, RPGs, and books - Particularly Patrick Rothfuss.

Call to Adventure - Name of the Wind!

Its about making a character in a story from their beginnings to tragic/awesome end. No dice, just throwing Runes. The first optional expansion is based on Patrick Rothfuss' book Series Name of the Wind.

made by the same people who made Boss Monster. Good news is there's lots of time, and all but one Stretch goal as of this writing has been hit.
    Now, Back to Lurking!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I think I'm going to defer to his wiser judgment in this case, because I'm probably going to keep writing responses and that will only lead to me getting myself in trouble somehow.
    - I should follow this advice more often.

Belkar's Death Countdown best guess: 31/49 days used before Belkar is gone forever more! - updated to morning at 1190!

Hey, its the Blog where I write! Dice Roles

28. - Top - End - #118

I have been developing a card game based around bidding on paintings for an art gallery and I have finally launched it on Kickstarter.

Here is the link. I would be happy if you would check it out.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default New exciting Kickstarter: "Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen" TB CRPG w/ 3.5e rules

The game launched on Kickstarter around a week ago.

It's a party based CRPG with turn-based tactical combat on a hex grid and utilizing 3.5e rules (i.e., 3.5e D&D). The game will also ship with the editor / toolset so hopefully lots of user made mods will be released.

I've backed it as it looks like a dream game.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 2018-10-26 at 05:14 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Just sending out the news that Steepled Hat Studios released a 28mm Iron Age Farmstead. There's only 12 days left on it and is currently on Kickstarter and is looking for funding.

If you're interested in the Iron Age and need a farm or place for your 28mm Britons, or perhaps want to invade the Britannia with your Romans, Steepled Hat Studios has got you covered with this Farmstead. It includes three pieces - a Granary, a Fence Set, and a Round House, all of which come fully painted and battle ready. Or you can pledge on the raw resin forms as well.

Works well for Fantasy and other settings as well!

Check it out here:

http://kck.st/2zJrth9

Also included now is Steepled Hat Studio's Desert Guard Tower on the same Kickstarter page, with limited pledge amounts available!

Thank you and have an excellent day!