New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] Backstage: CUT!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Oh yes. One benefit of her "cure" was that Icy was able to enjoy these hot showers once more. "How can I say no to that?" Icy said with a smile, and nuzzled the dopey stallion as she brushed past, before sashaying towards the shower, letting him enjoy the view.
    He sure enjoyed it and was quite appreciative of the little show. "Lovely." He grinned.
    --

Fox hummed to himself as he mixed up the batter to the pancake mix which contained some strawberry puree, to make the pancake mix turn reddish...or pinkish really in this case, because lips. He thought to himself what a lucky bastard he was to have a gal like Icy, putting up with his antics and being there at his side. He could almost forget about his dad...well almost. He found himself sighing to himself as his thoughts led him to that touchy subject. Maybe...maybe he was being too hard on his dad...maybe that old ass was actually trying to be genuine..Maybe.

"Blargh....stop it Fox...focus on pancakes,"
    He grumbled to himself as he switched mental gears and thought about Icy, that made him feel better.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm... I'm glad as well." Esmeralda purred. The ice mage sighed and started to trail kisses along Navy's neck, totally missing Lone Star's frustrated expression in her addled state...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    We can move this on to afterwards. I got a few NPCs for LS to interact if you like. I remember you mentioning a bar...
    [Bar]

Never before in Star's life had a double shot of vodka looked so enticing. He downed the alcohol in a single go.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    He sure enjoyed it and was quite appreciative of the little show. "Lovely." He grinned.
    --

Fox hummed to himself as he mixed up the batter to the pancake mix which contained some strawberry puree, to make the pancake mix turn reddish...or pinkish really in this case, because lips. He thought to himself what a lucky bastard he was to have a gal like Icy, putting up with his antics and being there at his side. He could almost forget about his dad...well almost. He found himself sighing to himself as his thoughts led him to that touchy subject. Maybe...maybe he was being too hard on his dad...maybe that old ass was actually trying to be genuine..Maybe.

"Blargh....stop it Fox...focus on pancakes,"
    He grumbled to himself as he switched mental gears and thought about Icy, that made him feel better.
    Speaking of Icy, the ice mage seemed to have finished her shower quickly enough. She strode from the doorway to hug him from behind, taking a deep breath as she did so. "Mmmm, that smells heavenly, Fox. Anything I can help with?"

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    [Bar]

Never before in Star's life had a double shot of vodka looked so enticing. He downed the alcohol in a single go.
    The dark-red coated barkeep watched the pegasus downed the drink, idly cleaning one of the glasses. A grizzled earth pony at first glance, it seemed like he was approaching his twilight years, with half of his jet black hair greying. "What's with the glum face, son? You looked like you just lost yer gal," he remarked casually.
    Last edited by Grif; 2015-03-11 at 08:13 AM.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

The dark-red coated barkeep watched the pegasus downed the drink, idly cleaning one of the glasses. A grizzled earth pony at first glance, it seemed like he was approaching his twilight years, with half of his jet black hair greying. "What's with the glum face, son? You looked like you just lost yer gal," he remarked casually.
    Lone Star glanced up. Y'could say that, I guess. He banged his head face-down onto the bartop. She's off sleepin' with some other stallion. I know she'll be back, and I said it was okay. But it still hurts. Can I get another double?

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star glanced up. Y'could say that, I guess. He banged his head face-down onto the bartop. She's off sleepin' with some other stallion. I know she'll be back, and I said it was okay. But it still hurts. Can I get another double?
    The barkeep raised an eyebrow, but went to pour Lone Star another double. "Hold up there, son. Things ain't adding up just yet. Ye said it was okay? And yer still upset?"

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

The barkeep raised an eyebrow, but went to pour Lone Star another double. "Hold up there, son. Things ain't adding up just yet. Ye said it was okay? And yer still upset?"
    I thought it would be. I know it'll make her happier, figured that would be enough to not be jealous. He growled, downing the next double. Evidently, I was wrong.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of Icy, the ice mage seemed to have finished her shower quickly enough. She strode from the doorway to hug him from behind, taking a deep breath as she did so. "Mmmm, that smells heavenly, Fox. Anything I can help with?"

"Ooh, hey babe, surprised me for a moment,"
    He tilted his muzzle to the side to her a quick nuzzle, a small fleck of pancake batter catching her ear since the spatula was being held between his teeth. "Whoop, sorry. Ahem...well, if you can find me a big plate from the cabinet for all the pancakes, that would be nice." The pancake in the pan sizzled from the butter coating as Fox returned his attentions to it trying to shape the pancake into cartoony lips. "Ooh, and I would be appreciative if maybe you set the table?"

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought it would be. I know it'll make her happier, figured that would be enough to not be jealous. He growled, downing the next double. Evidently, I was wrong.
    The barkeep hums. "So what do you really want then, son?" he asked, picking up another glass to clean. "Her to yourself?"

"Ooh, hey babe, surprised me for a moment,"
    He tilted his muzzle to the side to her a quick nuzzle, a small fleck of pancake batter catching her ear since the spatula was being held between his teeth. "Whoop, sorry. Ahem...well, if you can find me a big plate from the cabinet for all the pancakes, that would be nice." The pancake in the pan sizzled from the butter coating as Fox returned his attentions to it trying to shape the pancake into cartoony lips. "Ooh, and I would be appreciative if maybe you set the table?"
    "Don't worry about it." Icy flicked the fleck of pancake off her ear with her magic, then smiled, leaning in for another gentle nuzzle. Then she straightened, and went off to do as Fox asked, humming a melancholic tune as she handed Fox one of the bigger plate she found, then setting the table properly.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

The barkeep hums. "So what do you really want then, son?" he asked, picking up another glass to clean. "Her to yourself?"
    If I knew the answer to that, why would I be drinking alone? He sighed before downing another.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #820
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't worry about it." Icy flicked the fleck of pancake off her ear with her magic, then smiled, leaning in for another gentle nuzzle. Then she straightened, and went off to do as Fox asked, humming a melancholic tune as she handed Fox one of the bigger plate she found, then setting the table properly.
    After some pancake flipping later, Fox Trot found himself glancing in minor disappointment of his strawberry pancakes looking....not the way he desired. They were misshapen as all get...but...they were still edible and would be tasty.

"Well....I tried....that has to count for something,"
    He chuckled to himself as he set the large plate of pancakes. "AAhhh...goodness, heh. Anyways, thank you for setting the table...oooh, I shall return in a moment." After a minute or so later, he returned with butter and some syrup. "Here we go."

"Why don't you sit down my dear and allow me to serve you?"

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

If I knew the answer to that, why would I be drinking alone? He sighed before downing another.
    "Touche." The barkeep grinned, and refilled his glass again. "This one's on the house. Though, if I were you, I'd probably go out and get a drink buddy. It's just easier that way."

After some pancake flipping later, Fox Trot found himself glancing in minor disappointment of his strawberry pancakes looking....not the way he desired. They were misshapen as all get...but...they were still edible and would be tasty.

"Well....I tried....that has to count for something,"
    He chuckled to himself as he set the large plate of pancakes. "AAhhh...goodness, heh. Anyways, thank you for setting the table...oooh, I shall return in a moment." After a minute or so later, he returned with butter and some syrup. "Here we go."

"Why don't you sit down my dear and allow me to serve you?"
    Icy smiled and rolled her eyes just a bit. "Let me guess. You'll insist even when I say no?" she said with a laugh, as she took her seat.
    Last edited by Grif; 2015-03-17 at 12:29 AM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Troll in the Playground

Icy smiled and rolled her eyes just a bit. "Let me guess. You'll insist even when I say no?" she said with a laugh, as she took her seat.

"Oh, that was just a formality, I did not plan on actually giving you a choice on that,"
    Fox cheekily grinned as he then moved behind her and nuzzled her, taking in her fresh scent. "Mmmm...you smell nice..." He purred and helped himself to brushing his muzzle against the back of her neck. "Right..ahem.." He then scooted over to her side and began to serve her pancakes on her plate. Misshapen pancakes with a red tint from the strawberry puree.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

"Touche." The barkeep grinned, and refilled his glass again. "This one's on the house. Though, if I were you, I'd probably go out and get a drink buddy. It's just easier that way."
    Fair 'nuff. Cheers. Lone Star replied, swigging this one down. He sighed and put the glass down.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, that was just a formality, I did not plan on actually giving you a choice on that,"
    Fox cheekily grinned as he then moved behind her and nuzzled her, taking in her fresh scent. "Mmmm...you smell nice..." He purred and helped himself to brushing his muzzle against the back of her neck. "Right..ahem.." He then scooted over to her side and began to serve her pancakes on her plate. Misshapen pancakes with a red tint from the strawberry puree.
    Icy smiled at the gentle nuzzle, sighing a little with contentment. Truly, if this was how she'd be spending the rest of her life, she'd settle down in a heartbeat. Though she raised an eyebrow a little as she saw the pancakes on her plate. "Hm... Fox. These look rather..." she searched for an appropriate word. "... artistic."

Fair 'nuff. Cheers. Lone Star replied, swigging this one down. He sighed and put the glass down.
    The barkeep refilled his glass again. Then gestured towards the other side of the counter, where a cyan pegasus with flowing white mane sat. "I reckon that mare there's in a similar situation as you. Why don't you go say hi?" Indeed, the mare seemed morose, slouching forward onto the counter, and swirling her drink aimlessly.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

The barkeep refilled his glass again. Then gestured towards the other side of the counter, where a cyan pegasus with flowing white mane sat. "I reckon that mare there's in a similar situation as you. Why don't you go say hi?" Indeed, the mare seemed morose, slouching forward onto the counter, and swirling her drink aimlessly.
    Lone Star looked at her and blinked twice. No, Es could sleep with whoever she wanted. No matter how upset he was he had no right to do the same.
    ES DOESN'T DESERVE YOUR LOVE.
    ... But she did look lonely... He could talk... Just talk. Nothing wrong with that... right? No, he remembered, Hay Bale had been very clear that this much was okay, whatever he thought.
    ... Wait. Craziness aside for a second. You're taking moral advice from Hay Bale?
    Yes.
    Then why am I even here?.
    Star stood up and walked over. Uh... hi... miss? You want a drinking partner?
    You're really bad at this.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2015-03-23 at 05:30 PM.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #826
    Troll in the Playground

Icy smiled at the gentle nuzzle, sighing a little with contentment. Truly, if this was how she'd be spending the rest of her life, she'd settle down in a heartbeat. Though she raised an eyebrow a little as she saw the pancakes on her plate. "Hm... Fox. These look rather..." she searched for an appropriate word. "... artistic."

"Oh yes, very avant-garde,"
    Fox chuckled behind her. He took a moment to drape his forelegs over her seat and over her small shoulders. "Or expressionism. MmmMm, yes, the misshapen lips clearly symbolize the...artiste....hold on...I know I have some lame really grasping at straws analysis here....Right, symbolizes how clearly they desire...something something..kisses." He gave her a smooch on the cheek and then cheekily smiled.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star looked at her and blinked twice. No, Es could sleep with whoever she wanted. No matter how upset he was he had no right to do the same.
    ES DOESN'T DESERVE YOUR LOVE.
    ... But she did look lonely... He could talk... Just talk. Nothing wrong with that... right? No, he remembered, Hay Bale had been very clear that this much was okay, whatever he thought.
    ... Wait. Craziness aside for a second. You're taking moral advice from Hay Bale?
    Yes.
    Then why am I even here?.
    Star stood up and walked over. Uh... hi... miss? You want a drinking partner?
    You're really bad at this.
    The mare's ear perked up as Lone Star spoke. She turned an eye at the pegasus. "Huh...? Oh... um, sure. I guess. Whatever." She vaguely waved at a nearby chair, before returning to her drink and sighing.

After a probably awkward silence, she spoke again. "... what's your name?"

"Oh yes, very avant-garde,"
    Fox chuckled behind her. He took a moment to drape his forelegs over her seat and over her small shoulders. "Or expressionism. MmmMm, yes, the misshapen lips clearly symbolize the...artiste....hold on...I know I have some lame really grasping at straws analysis here....Right, symbolizes how clearly they desire...something something..kisses." He gave her a smooch on the cheek and then cheekily smiled.
    "Frankly, Fox, they look like you just doodled a smiley face on them." Ever the blunt talker, Icy could be. But she smiled as she said that, and kissed back. "But they're adorable. Thank you, dear. Why don't you take your seat? Best eat them before they grow cold..." Her magic sneaked up to his pancakes and fished them over to his own plate.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

The mare's ear perked up as Lone Star spoke. She turned an eye at the pegasus. "Huh...? Oh... um, sure. I guess. Whatever." She vaguely waved at a nearby chair, before returning to her drink and sighing.

After a probably awkward silence, she spoke again. "... what's your name?"
    Lone Star. He replied, drinking his own alcohol. Yours?

After getting her name, he nodded. So what brings you to the bar?

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

"Frankly, Fox, they look like you just doodled a smiley face on them." Ever the blunt talker, Icy could be. But she smiled as she said that, and kissed back. "But they're adorable. Thank you, dear. Why don't you take your seat? Best eat them before they grow cold..." Her magic sneaked up to his pancakes and fished them over to his own plate.
    Fox reluctantly removed himself from draping over Icy and her chair and sat down across from her. He buttered up his pancakes and poured some syrup on them and well, om nom nom nom. He smiled at Icy. Om nom.

"So Icy, what is your plan for the day?"
    He asked before stuffing a pancake piece into his mouth.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star. He replied, drinking his own alcohol. Yours?
    "Dawn Stratus. Just Dawn, please. Ponies get my family name wrong all the time."

After getting her name, he nodded. So what brings you to the bar?
    "Just broke up with my colt. Mulehead had the gall to see another mare while he was off working in Canterlot. Mama was right: long distance relationships never work out." she replied glumly, as she drained her glass. "Ha, and now here I am, drinking myself blind and telling my story to a total stranger."

She turned an eye at Lone Star again. "What's yours?"

Fox reluctantly removed himself from draping over Icy and her chair and sat down across from her. He buttered up his pancakes and poured some syrup on them and well, om nom nom nom. He smiled at Icy. Om nom.

"So Icy, what is your plan for the day?"
    He asked before stuffing a pancake piece into his mouth.
    Icy started to daintily chew on her own share of pancake. "Probably should check up on Esmeralda; Luna knows what she's doing in my absence, but aside from that, I actually have nothing planned."
    Last edited by Grif; 2015-03-25 at 12:12 AM.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

"Dawn Stratus. Just Dawn, please. Ponies get my family name wrong all the time."
    If'n ya want.

"Just broke up with my colt. Mulehead had the gall to see another mare while he was off working in Canterlot. Mama was right: long distance relationships never work out." she replied glumly, as she drained her glass. "Ha, and now here I am, drinking myself blind and telling my story to a total stranger."

She turned an eye at Lone Star again. "What's yours?"
    Eh. Mine's all my fault. Lone Star sat his chin on the table, glaring at his glass. My mare and I have a semi-open relationship. She ditched me in the middle of a date to act on that with my permission. I thought I could handle the thought of her getting her brains f#@$ed out by somepony hotter than me if it made her happier. I was wrong.

So now I'm trying to find out if alcohol is a cure for jealousy. So far it's not working. I'm still jealous, everything's just a bit swirlier. He tapped his hoof against the glass. Also, I need to make more friends. Might as well start with a drinking buddy.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

Icy started to daintily chew on her own share of pancake. "Probably should check up on Esmeralda; Luna knows what she's doing in my absence, but aside from that, I actually have nothing planned."

"Where is she anyway? At your house?"
    He casually asked and hungrily nommed his own food.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

If'n ya want.

Eh. Mine's all my fault. Lone Star sat his chin on the table, glaring at his glass. My mare and I have a semi-open relationship. She ditched me in the middle of a date to act on that with my permission. I thought I could handle the thought of her getting her brains f#@$ed out by somepony hotter than me if it made her happier. I was wrong.

So now I'm trying to find out if alcohol is a cure for jealousy. So far it's not working. I'm still jealous, everything's just a bit swirlier. He tapped his hoof against the glass. Also, I need to make more friends. Might as well start with a drinking buddy.
    Dawn seemed quite bemused by Lone Star's story, raising her eyebrow. "Sounds like quite a mess there. What do you mean by semi-open? Please tell me she isn't the sort that keeps all the tail to herself..."

"Where is she anyway? At your house?"
    He casually asked and hungrily nommed his own food.

"I suppose. I haven't seen hide or tail of her since we bumped into her in the restaurant. You know how she is."
    Icy frowned, as another thought occured. "She better not be in trouble for trying to seduce the town guards again."

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

Dawn seemed quite bemused by Lone Star's story, raising her eyebrow. "Sounds like quite a mess there. What do you mean by semi-open? Please tell me she isn't the sort that keeps all the tail to herself..."
    Technically open, but up until now we hadn't... acted on that. He tapped the glass. I mean yeah, she flirts a lot... As in, pretty much every conversation she has is filled with flirting and suggestive poses and... He trailed off. Not important.

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

"Would you like back up...err I mean company when ya go check up on her?"
    Fox lopsidedly grinned, and then took another nom of his strawberry pancakes. Om nom nom. "By the way, whadda think of the taste?"

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ettin in the Playground

Technically open, but up until now we hadn't... acted on that. He tapped the glass. I mean yeah, she flirts a lot... As in, pretty much every conversation she has is filled with flirting and suggestive poses and...
    "Your filly certainly sounds like quite the mare," Dawn said with a chuckle.

He trailed off. Not important.
    Dawn tilted her head, eyeing the stallion curiously, her wings fluttering. "Oh? Do tell. It's not like we have anything else to do here. Beside drink, anyway."

"Would you like back up...err I mean company when ya go check up on her?"
    Fox lopsidedly grinned, and then took another nom of his strawberry pancakes. Om nom nom. "By the way, whadda think of the taste?"
    "I'd appreciate it, Fox," Icy said with a warm smile. "And I must say, despite the odd appearance, the pancake is otherwise delicious. Cooked just to the right consistency."
    Last edited by Grif; 2015-03-26 at 12:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

"Your filly certainly sounds like quite the mare," Dawn said with a chuckle.

Dawn tilted her head, eyeing the stallion curiously, her wings fluttering. "Oh? Do tell. It's not like we have anything else to do here. Beside drink, anyway."
    She is. He nodded, looking to her. But there's not much else to tell - she flirts, and I try not to be jealous 'n... well, fail. A lot. But 'nuff about my problems. He set his own (now empty) glass down. He could get another in a minute. So... your colt went to Cantlerlot? Ya didn't go with him? Or... why didn't he stay here with you? Ye said it was a long-distance thing fer a while, so he couldn't have just been on a trip...

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ettin in the Playground

She is. He nodded, looking to her. But there's not much else to tell - she flirts, and I try not to be jealous 'n... well, fail. A lot. But 'nuff about my problems. He set his own (now empty) glass down. He could get another in a minute. So... your colt went to Cantlerlot? Ya didn't go with him? Or... why didn't he stay here with you? Ye said it was a long-distance thing fer a while, so he couldn't have just been on a trip...
    Dawn sighed and laid her head on table again, staring at her empty glass. "Well... it's complicated really. About two years back, there was this nice party at the Golden Horse— I'm sure you know the place. Just down at Main Street. Willow... well, he swept me off my hooves that day. Understand, he's really in some ways the dream stallion. Strong, sexy, charming. We just hit it off from the get-go." She turned an eye to look at Lone Star. "Things went like a dream for some months. We partied, we went out, we made love. The whole package. Alas, his job as a surveyor meant that he never really stayed at any one place for very long. As for me, I wouldn't bear to leave Baltimare for long. Convenient, when I think about it now, but eh, back then it made absolute sense. He promised to write every day, as did I. And he did... at first."

"You... can probably guess the rest. Soon enough, his letters dried up. A few days. Then once a week. Then monthly. Then it just... stopped a few months back. Oh, he made excuses. Work was hectic. He was in places where the post didn't run. Soon enough, I began to suspect something was amiss." Dawn closed her eyes. "So, eventually, I took a sabbatical from my work, and went to the last place his letters mentioned: Canterlot. And what do you know, I almost immediately ran into him and his new filly."

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Dawn sighed and laid her head on table again, staring at her empty glass. "Well... it's complicated really. About two years back, there was this nice party at the Golden Horse— I'm sure you know the place. Just down at Main Street. Willow... well, he swept me off my hooves that day. Understand, he's really in some ways the dream stallion. Strong, sexy, charming. We just hit it off from the get-go." She turned an eye to look at Lone Star. "Things went like a dream for some months. We partied, we went out, we made love. The whole package. Alas, his job as a surveyor meant that he never really stayed at any one place for very long. As for me, I wouldn't bear to leave Baltimare for long. Convenient, when I think about it now, but eh, back then it made absolute sense. He promised to write every day, as did I. And he did... at first."

"You... can probably guess the rest. Soon enough, his letters dried up. A few days. Then once a week. Then monthly. Then it just... stopped a few months back. Oh, he made excuses. Work was hectic. He was in places where the post didn't run. Soon enough, I began to suspect something was amiss." Dawn closed her eyes. "So, eventually, I took a sabbatical from my work, and went to the last place his letters mentioned: Canterlot. And what do you know, I almost immediately ran into him and his new filly."
    ... I'm sorry, for what it's worth. He smirked at the glass. Bet his new filly wasn't happy about it either.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

... I'm sorry, for what it's worth. He smirked at the glass. Bet his new filly wasn't happy about it either.
    "She wasn't... initially. But then you should have seen the look on that harlot's face when Willow tried to explain their "relationship". I'll never forget that smug expression." Dawn sighed and called for a refill. "I knew then and there it was over. Willow found a new playtoy and I was just another pretty face he discarded when he got bored. I turned right around, and boarded the train back, never looking back. That was a few days ago. I'm still trying to drink it all away. So... that's my story, I guess."
    Last edited by Grif; 2015-03-30 at 10:39 AM.