New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] Backstage: CUT!

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Blueshield paused. It seemed this had actually got through to her.

"...Your arrangements are beyond adequate" She looked around carefully, possibly to admire the set-up. "I suppose I need not elevate myself higher than necessary to see beyond ground-level obstacles, and you need not make adjustments.

"Now, my plan was to employ these."
    She retrieved from her quiver a quarrel with an unusual-looking head. "When sufficiently disturbed, they produce significant amounts of light and sound, partially as a signal and partially to disable the senses of whatever triggered them. They also mark the subject with colour and scent temporarily, making identification easier. Thus, they make excellent alarms, whether prepared in advance or fired immediately.

"I intend to scout for threats. If I locate a minor adversary that I could easily dispatch personally, I will deal with it immediately. If a major adversary, I will shoot it with one of the devices mounted on the quarrels. If there is potential for danger, but no immediate threat, I will place an alarm for safety purposes. Do you have other suggestions?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Skies Above Bridle Shores]

Purple Prose listens to Blueshield and Snowstorm's back and forth with a stoic, placid expression. His good eye idly shifts gaze from one mare to the other as they take turns speaking and exchanging jabs and information. He knows not to interject, especially as the two mares detail their (very impressive) talents and abilities.

Not wanting to be left out of the discussion or be completely outshined by the two mares, though, the batpony gives a small shrug. "I can see in the dark," he aloofly adds, flashing a relaxed, pleasant smile at his two conversational companions.

He also knows more than five ways to kill a griffon with a tin can, but disturbing Shadowbolt stuff like that isn't really appropriate for polite company like this.

"Oh, and impressive flashbangs," he suddenly adds, nodding to the quarrel of strange projectiles Blueshield has. "And yes, I have a suggestion. If you encounter the threat that poses no immediate danger, might I suggest firing one of the bolts up and past them, so it lands in the distance, and you're able to study and analyze how to respond to suspicious sounds or perceived threats? How perceptive they are, how organized they are, how tactical they are, how prudent they are, so on and so forth. Putting your target into artificial circumstances so you can study how they respond to perceived situations is always a very informative exercise..." he muses thoughtfully.
    Snowstorm grins. "I like how you two think. I do think we should reserve those particular bolts to mark targets, though. I'll be up high enough to where it'll be difficult to tell whether the bolt is a distraction or a legitimate warning. Do we have anything else on hoof that could be used to gather intel, like Prose said?"

"It's in the lil' jar behind the mushrooms."

Blades nodded. "Sometimes ya get more if ya don't use it all at once. Make 'em go bang a few times. I think I heard once that the griffons were makin' a rocket that went off more than once 'n could fly further. I wonder if they're still tryin'? Did they get it right? Did they give up?"
    "Oh, you know Equestria. They probably tried, our dear nation thought it was a declaration of war, went in, dismantled everything. Can you imagine if Zebrica had tried something like that? That'd be like the end of the world."

"What would be the point of that, I wonder? Long-ranged engagements? It isn't like they could attack Canterlot with it; somepony would notice."

"What's a rocket?"

"Oh!" Night Jewel took a moment to consider. "I'm not sure if I do. I never knew my parents. I suspect they died, but it's also possible that they're alive and just abandoned me because they wanted to get rid of me and didn't care for me at all. You know, it's kind of funny... Them being dead might be the better possibility." She forced a laugh at her little quips, then shook her head.
    At that, Silver looks quietly horrified and Dawnstrider adopts an expression that indicates if he wasn't trying to hide it, he would appear beyond rage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Doc, it would've been more of a bother to spend Hearth's Warming in the hospital with my leg nearly split in two. Poppy's making you extra grub, and ten armies couldn't stop her." He chuckled nervously. "Believe me; she's lethal with a serving spoon."

The pony scratched his chin. "Now that y'mention it, I think there might be. I hear talk that a lot of the labor is volunteer-run, so I'm sure they could always use an extra pair of hooves. Besides, with all the fancy effects they're trying to pull off, I'm sure they could use a pony clever with magic." He nods to her horn. "If you want to help, just look for somepony in charge and volunteer yourself; I'm sure they can find something for willing hooves to help with."

"Though on that, I ought to be off. Groceries won't buy themselves, y'know. I'll keep that snow-water tip in mind, Doc! And Happy Hearth's Warming, all!" Provided he wasn't stopped, the pony waved jovially to Taylor's whole group, and trotted off whistling a merry holiday tune.
    "And a sunny new year." Taylor returns the farewell and walks back over to the tree, as well as his thunderstruck family. "Sounds to me like you got yourself a quest, Nigh-...What's up? You two look like somepony got hit by the train."

"We..." Silver mops her eyes with a hoof and glances at Night Jewel, to see if she wants to repeat herself or would rather continue on.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2013-12-30 at 08:23 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Bridle Shores Park

Soliloquy nodded her head at Silverpine and Gearstride with a polite smile.

She wanly smiled at Sandy and tilted her head. "Yes...we're having some electrical problems with some of the lights and not to mention dang problems with the light control box itself. Habitually controls the wrong set of lights."
    "Ha, why don't you take a look at that, Mr Shores? Your mechanical skills will come handy," Silverpine said, glancing towards Sandy with a smirk.

Icy's Place

Balboa shivered a little and made a low raspberry sound with his pony lips. "Tis getting cold in here, hot cocoa me Miss Astrid."

"Yes sir,"
    Astrid said dryly as she whipped out a steaming cup of hot cocoa from her saddle bag....somehow and even tossed in a small shot of brandy into the mix. And then offered to Balboa.

"Hmmm...delicious."
    He hummed and sipped and made himself comfortable on Icy's couch. Fox was still stuck in perma-flabbergasted mode.

"My dear Miss Icy Touch, you're a smart beautiful lass, surely you understand what I'm suggesting. Though I am curious at what you assume I'm suggesting." He ho hummed and took a sip of his cocoa.
    "With you, Mr Balboa, I prefer not to take any chances in assuming anything. So why don't you either say what you want, or leave immediately," Icy said with a huff, looking more and more annoyed at the casual way Balboa was treating this as his home.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    After applying to be part of the robot apocalypse (and be rejected for being too psychotic) the camera returned to find Lone Star giving Es a massage. Heh heh~ Delightful~
    Esmeralda appeared to be enjoying the massage very much. "Ooooh, yessssss.... Right there," she hissed, closing her eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

"I can actually use a drink, assuming it isn't too... whatever you want to describe this mess as,"
    Staccata states acting the part of being somewhat back to normal.

Speaking of which, a stallion managed to claim the sampler pack and declares himself 'king of the season' on top of his defeated shopper opponents. During all the noise a young-adult mare lifts and sneaks off with the prize (after paying for it of course).
    "The Drum's alright. Just... well, the alcohol can flow a little too freely at times," Tyrol said with a shrug, walking ahead now that the commotion is over.

"Is that why you think they order cider by the ton?" Lemongrass mused.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Bridle Shores Park

Soliloquy nodded her head at Silverpine and Gearstride with a polite smile.

She wanly smiled at Sandy and tilted her head. "Yes...we're having some electrical problems with some of the lights and not to mention dang problems with the light control box itself. Habitually controls the wrong set of lights."
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Ha, why don't you take a look at that, Mr Shores? Your mechanical skills will come handy," Silverpine said, glancing towards Sandy with a smirk.
    Sandy needed no further bidding. With a precise burst of magic, he flipped out his wire strippers from some hidden pocket and expertly caught them in his mouth. "Ma'am, if you can just point me t'your light box, I'll have th' pesky thing behavin' properly in no time." A momentary glint of sunlight glimmered off his tools. "Or I ain't th' engineer of th' Cirrus!"

He turned to his crewmates and gave a sheepish grin. "Heh...I, uh, figured it might be a good idea t'bring my tools along. Y'know, just in case th' Cap'n needed me t'do some emergency repairs on somethin'."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground

"The Drum's alright. Just... well, the alcohol can flow a little too freely at times," Tyrol said with a shrug, walking ahead now that the commotion is over.

"Is that why you think they order cider by the ton?" Lemongrass mused.
    And so the three would likely fast forward to the bar where Staccata would do her best to not tell either of them of the seedy network of informants and ne'er-do-wells. That would be bad for the free exchange of information.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Purple Prose listens to Blueshield and Snowstorm's back and forth with a stoic, placid expression. His good eye idly shifts gaze from one mare to the other as they take turns speaking and exchanging jabs and information. He knows not to interject, especially as the two mares detail their (very impressive) talents and abilities.

Not wanting to be left out of the discussion or be completely outshined by the two mares, though, the batpony gives a small shrug. "I can see in the dark," he aloofly adds, flashing a relaxed, pleasant smile at his two conversational companions.

He also knows more than five ways to kill a griffon with a tin can, but disturbing Shadowbolt stuff like that isn't really appropriate for polite company like this.
    "Most impressive," remarked Blueshield, looking pointedly at the brightly-lit clouds above. "I shall make certain to inform you should it come to pass that the sun set exceptionally early and every lantern in town be stolen by some rascal."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01
    "Oh, and impressive flashbangs," he suddenly adds, nodding to the quarrel of strange projectiles Blueshield has. "And yes, I have a suggestion. If you encounter the threat that poses no immediate danger, might I suggest firing one of the bolts up and past them, so it lands in the distance, and you're able to study and analyze how to respond to suspicious sounds or perceived threats? How perceptive they are, how organized they are, how tactical they are, how prudent they are, so on and so forth. Putting your target into artificial circumstances so you can study how they respond to perceived situations is always a very informative exercise..." he muses thoughtfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Snowstorm grins. "I like how you two think. I do think we should reserve those particular bolts to mark targets, though. I'll be up high enough to where it'll be difficult to tell whether the bolt is a distraction or a legitimate warning. Do we have anything else on hoof that could be used to gather intel, like Prose said?"
    Blueshield put a hoof to her chin. "Such observations would be quite beneficial should a less immediate threat be encountered, but difficult to arrange. It is not exactly the easiest task in Equestria to acquire a device capable of transmitting valid intelligence about such enemies, so the most practical method would probably be employing a pony especially alert and stealthy to..."

After a moment, her ears perked up.

"...Inquisitor Prose, it appears that I have a task for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "Oh, you know Equestria. They probably tried, our dear nation thought it was a declaration of war, went in, dismantled everything. Can you imagine if Zebrica had tried something like that? That'd be like the end of the world."

"What would be the point of that, I wonder? Long-ranged engagements? It isn't like they could attack Canterlot with it; somepony would notice."

"What's a rocket?"
    "Oh, 'Vadraa..." Blades gave a soft chuckle. "It's a thing that flies by burnin' what's inside it! I think ya'd know that by now.

"Right. That could be what happened. A whole lotta cool things don't get made or allowed 'cause of politics. Which sucks, 'cause... Well, there's a lot ya can do with a rocket like that. Of course, ya wouldn't get to watch the blast if ya made it explode at those distances... Probly would make a nice ride if ya could work it out, though!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Doc, it would've been more of a bother to spend Hearth's Warming in the hospital with my leg nearly split in two. Poppy's making you extra grub, and ten armies couldn't stop her." He chuckled nervously. "Believe me; she's lethal with a serving spoon."

The pony scratched his chin. "Now that y'mention it, I think there might be. I hear talk that a lot of the labor is volunteer-run, so I'm sure they could always use an extra pair of hooves. Besides, with all the fancy effects they're trying to pull off, I'm sure they could use a pony clever with magic." He nods to her horn. "If you want to help, just look for somepony in charge and volunteer yourself; I'm sure they can find something for willing hooves to help with."

"Though on that, I ought to be off. Groceries won't buy themselves, y'know. I'll keep that snow-water tip in mind, Doc! And Happy Hearth's Warming, all!" He waved to the group, and, unless stopped by further questions, trotted off whistling a merry tune.
    "All right. I'll be sure to look around. Thank you! Have a great day!"

I'm not actually sure if my magic would be any use, but maybe I could make little sparkles of light to work as snow or something. Or I could just help get scenery set up and such.

At that, Silver looks quietly horrified and Dawnstrider adopts an expression that indicates if he wasn't trying to hide it, he would appear beyond rage.

"And a sunny new year." Taylor returns the farewell and walks back over to the tree, as well as his thunderstruck family. "What's up? You two look like somepony got hit by the train."

"We..." Silver mops her eyes with a hoof and glances at Night Jewel, to see if she wants to repeat herself or would rather continue on.
    "They asked about my family. I told them I never knew them, but I'm certain any relatives of note either never wanted me or are dead."

Night Jewel hung her head and went silent, letting the others react before continuing.

Spoiler: If nopony says or does anything
    Show
    "...But that doesn't matter right now," she said, perking up a bit. "We still have some time before the play. Why don't we look for something to do?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Purple Prose's ear flicks a bit, as he frowns uncertainly. A task? I should have stuck with the poetry...

"Uh, sure?" he replies back a bit cautiously, tilting his head a bit to observe her with his good eye. "Whatcha got for me?"

"Also," he lowers his voice, smiling meekly, "Ixnay on the Inquisitor thing. I'm retired, Captain. 'Officially' at least. You can just call me Prose; no need for formalities," he informs her, smile turning more pleasant.

"Plus, uh," he mutters, looking down at the town below with a bit of bemusement, "Talk of Inquisitors and such kinda spooks ponies. I'd rather the townsfolk not think that my Hearthswarming Eve present to them is a trip to visit the royal dungeons or some other silly paranoia of that sort..."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Blueshield put a hoof to her chin. "Such observations would be quite beneficial should a less immediate threat be encountered, but difficult to arrange. It is not exactly the easiest task in Equestria to acquire a device capable of transmitting valid intelligence about such enemies, so the most practical method would probably be employing a pony especially alert and stealthy to..."

After a moment, her ears perked up.

"...Inquisitor Prose, it appears that I have a task for you."

Purple Prose's ear flicks a bit, as he frowns uncertainly. A task? I should have stuck with the poetry...

"Uh, sure?" he replies back a bit cautiously, tilting his head a bit to observe her with his good eye. "Whatcha got for me?"

"Also," he lowers his voice, smiling meekly, "Ixnay on the Inquisitor thing. I'm retired, Captain. 'Officially' at least. You can just call me Prose; no need for formalities," he informs her, smile turning more pleasant.

"Plus, uh," he mutters, looking down at the town below with a bit of bemusement, "Talk of Inquisitors and such kinda spooks ponies. I'd rather the townsfolk not think that my Hearthswarming Eve present to them is a trip to visit the royal dungeons or some other silly paranoia of that sort..."
    "Well, darn. No trips to the royal dungeons? Way to crush my hopes and dreams, Prose." Snowstorm shakes her head and throws a playful grin at the batpony.

"Oh, 'Vadraa..." Blades gave a soft chuckle. "It's a thing that flies by burnin' what's inside it! I think ya'd know that by now.

"Right. That could be what happened. A whole lotta cool things don't get made or allowed 'cause of politics. Which sucks, 'cause... Well, there's a lot ya can do with a rocket like that. Of course, ya wouldn't get to watch the blast if ya made it explode at those distances... Probly would make a nice ride if ya could work it out, though!"
    "I guess that depends on whether it's a war rocket or a science rocket. I wouldn't really want to take a ride inside of a giant exploding death machine."

"Why the hay not?"

"...Some may disagree."

"They asked about my family. I told them I never knew them, but I'm certain any relatives of note either never wanted me or are dead."

Night Jewel hung her head and went silent, letting the others react before continuing.
    "Hmm. You know, this is probably the point at which one with more experience than I in heartwarming monologues would offer up an inspiring tale that acts as a direct comparison between their life and yours. Buck that. I haven't lived your life, I don't even know what you're thinking now. So, instead, I'll just make a statement.

Family is what you make of it. A stable unit isn't necessarily bound by blood so much as trust and shared experience. It's easier with relatives, but they aren't end-alls. It isn't for some, mind you - a more solitary life can be appealing. But - and I'm about to completely oversimplify, so bear with me - if you feel like you want a family that's, well, better than the one life dealt you, make one."

He pauses and glances around. "Musical number? No? Okay, I think that's it. Now, if I'm not much mistaken, you just got yourself a quest. Let's all go see a pony about a play, shall we?"
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2013-12-31 at 01:56 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Very well, Mr. Prose. And you mean Commander, not Captain. When I use formalities, I at least make sure to use appropriate ones.

"Anyway, your assignment is this: If anything appears that is not an urgent threat, but may become one, you are to watch it while avoiding notice yourself. If you learn anything potentially useful, inform us immediately. Is that acceptable?"

"Well, darn. No trips to the royal dungeons? Way to crush my hopes and dreams, Prose." Snowstorm shakes her head and throws a playful grin at the batpony.
    "You wouldn't want to go. As dungeons go, I have heard that yours are not as good as you like to think. Where I come from, places of incarceration are tended by decent interior decorators, and the service is far faster."

After a moment of silence, Blueshield added, "That was a joke."

"I guess that depends on whether it's a war rocket or a science rocket. I wouldn't really want to take a ride inside of a giant exploding death machine."

"Why the hay not?"

"...Some may disagree."
    "Well, it might not have been made to explode when it hit something... Never really had a lot of details on it. The griffs weren't talkin' a whole lot 'bout it with us. A pity, 'cause they're smart creatures, 'n they can do a whole lot of stuff without magic."

"Hmm. You know, this is probably the point at which one with more experience than I in heartwarming monologues would offer up an inspiring tale that acts as a direct comparison between their life and yours. Buck that. I haven't lived your life, I don't even know what you're thinking now. So, instead, I'll just make a statement.

Family is what you make of it. A stable unit isn't necessarily bound by blood so much as trust and shared experience. It's easier with relatives, but they aren't end-alls. It isn't for some, mind you - a more solitary life can be appealing. But - and I'm about to completely oversimplify, so bear with me - if you feel like you want a family that's, well, better than the one life dealt you, make one."
    Funny. I thought I'd be killed by a paladin.

Night Jewel listened intently until he had finished, then nodded.

"You're right. I can find my own, just like I've always done." She stepped forward to hug Taylor. "Thank you."

He pauses and glances around. "Musical number? No? Okay, I think that's it. Now, if I'm not much mistaken, you just got yourself a quest. Let's all go see a pony about a play, shall we?"
    "Naam. That sounds good." She quickly let go of Taylor again. "It'll be a while before the play, but it's best to start helping them out early so they don't get surprised. Let's go!"

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

"You wouldn't want to go. As dungeons go, I have heard that yours are not as good as you like to think. Where I come from, places of incarceration are tended by decent interior decorators, and the service is far faster."

After a moment of silence, Blueshield added, "That was a joke."
    Snowstorm chuckles. "Preaching to the choir. There's only so much they can do with 'flat gray'. They don't even go so far as to advertise it as 'flat gray...with torches!'. They need better PR. Maybe Prose could come up with something catchy."

"Well, it might not have been made to explode when it hit something... Never really had a lot of details on it. The griffs weren't talkin' a whole lot 'bout it with us. A pity, 'cause they're smart creatures, 'n they can do a whole lot of stuff without magic."
    "They made something that runs on explosions but it wasn't designed to explode? Griffons are weird."

"I wonder if they would be willing to explore internationally-funded projects. I know more than a few professors at the SGU would love exploration of the topic, particularly a face-to-face with the technologically savvy."

Night Jewel listened intently until he had finished, then nodded.

"You're right. I can find my own, just like I've always done." She stepped forward to hug Taylor. "Thank you."
    He returns the embrace, one leg draped over Jewel's side, his lips formed into a half-smile. "You're welcome."

"Naam. That sounds good." She quickly let go of Taylor again. "It'll be a while before the play, but it's best to start helping them out early so they don't get surprised. Let's go!"
    The trio follow her lead, Taylor taking up a position close behind so that the heat he's projecting won't go to waste. Dawnstrider and Silver are at the very back, the former looking most everywhere but at the latter, who seems more than content with simply admiring Taylor's, shall we say, 'stride'.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

"They made something that runs on explosions but it wasn't designed to explode? Griffons are weird."

"I wonder if they would be willing to explore internationally-funded projects. I know more than a few professors at the SGU would love exploration of the topic, particularly a face-to-face with the technologically savvy."
    "That's an idea! Workin' with 'em on some kinda science project... Of course, that's a bit of a big idea, but maybe we can do it next Hearth's Warmin'. After all, just 'cause the griffs are diffrent-lookin' doesn't mean we should leave 'em out!"

He returns the embrace, one leg draped over Jewel's side, his lips formed into a half-smile. "You're welcome."

The trio follow her lead, Taylor taking up a position close behind so that the heat he's projecting won't go to waste. Dawnstrider and Silver are at the very back, the former looking most everywhere but at the latter, who seems more than content with simply admiring Taylor's, shall we say, 'stride'.
    Night Jewel looked around for any ponies that seemed to be part of the pageant, or at least doing something interesting.

What could be between those two? she wondered along the way. Whatever it is, it probably can't be worse than my situation.

[ElseWhere]

Near the square, there now appeared to be a stand that most ponies were certain hadn't been there before, with an unfamiliar-looking red mare tending to it.

"Ornaments! Decorations! Add a bit of light and dazzle to your holiday!" The stranger waved to a passer-by. "You! You look like you have prospects. What can I do for you?"

Said passer-by happened to be Flare. "Oh, good day. Maybe you can help, maybe you cannot... I am confused."

"Well, let me help you figure it out, then. Could you tell me what is confusing you?"

"It is... complicated." Flare sighed, then began explaining her difficulty understanding the present culture.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2014-01-02 at 09:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Clouds Above Bridle Shores]

Prose smiles lazily at the "orders" from Blueshield. "Oh, so, my standard tactics of advanced recon and sating my morbid curiosity. Easy enough."

He then snickers a bit as the two mares banter about dungeons and interior design. "Tell ya what, ladies. If I ever have to drag either of you back to Canterlot for a criminal trial or information rendering, I'll make sure you get put in the good dungeons. I hear they're very fancy and full of... fung shei or whatever you call it," he muses with a roll of his eye.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Icy's Pad

"Gasp...its like you don't trust me..."
    Balboa dramatically swoon-sighed bringing his hoof to his head whilst bringing his drink with his other hoof to his mouth and sipping the cocoa. "Its as I said, I just want..." He face dropped into a somber expression, his eyes downcast. "To spend one holiday with my only kin and his loved ones, the way it should be. Sometimes I just tire of extravagant sunny vacations in the Bah-llamas, it only reminds me of how lonely I really am."

Behind Balboa, Astrid was playing the world's tiniest violin.
    ===
    ===

Bridle Shores Park

Gearstride chuckled at Sandy's preparedness and gave him a friendly noogie. "What a Sandy-ism." She lopsidedly grinned.

"Very well...I shall have someone take you to the box.." She said as she looked around and then plucked somepony who was walking along with a plate of cookies she was looking forward to devour but they flew into the air as she was yoinked over. "You..yes you..take these fine ponies to broken lights box."

The mare wrinkled her muzzle, saddened by the loss of her cookies. "Sigh, ahem, very well Miss Soliloquy, if you three would come with me." She gestured with a friendly smile. "My name is Prompter...I am a prompter...funny...heh...I wonder if mother knew this would be my fate...makes me glad I wasn't named Trash Collector or something hah..heh..right. ahem, sorry, just thinking aloud." She sheepishly smiled.

Th

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Snowstorm chuckles. "Preaching to the choir. There's only so much they can do with 'flat gray'. They don't even go so far as to advertise it as 'flat gray...with torches!'. They need better PR. Maybe Prose could come up with something catchy."
    "There is not much you can do if you just stick to torches. Candelabras can be more elegant, and a nice, tasteful tapestry here and there will liven the place up a bit."

Prose smiles lazily at the "orders" from Blueshield. "Oh, so, my standard tactics of advanced recon and sating my morbid curiosity. Easy enough."
    "Naturally. What else would you expect? I certainly wouldn't order you to put on an elaborate dance routine for their viewing pleasure."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01
    He then snickers a bit as the two mares banter about dungeons and interior design. "Tell ya what, ladies. If I ever have to drag either of you back to Canterlot for a criminal trial or information rendering, I'll make sure you get put in the good dungeons. I hear they're very fancy and full of... fung shei or whatever you call it," he muses with a roll of his eye.
    Blueshield shook her head. "If I were ever to commit a crime that required such attention from higher authorities, you would have far more serious matters to deal with than which part of the dungeons I would be incarcerated in. Either I would have gone mad, or our current government would have slipped out of control and I would be part of the revolution."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's an idea! Workin' with 'em on some kinda science project... Of course, that's a bit of a big idea, but maybe we can do it next Hearth's Warmin'. After all, just 'cause the griffs are diffrent-lookin' doesn't mean we should leave 'em out!"
    "We kind of have to get over that whole 'war' thing, too."

"Oh, I can't imagine something that happened so long ago would still contribute to some kind of grudge."

"Brains. Really. You're our little conscience, and we love you, but please become less naive."

Night Jewel looked around for any ponies that seemed to be part of the pageant, or at least doing something interesting.

What could be between those two? she wondered along the way. Whatever it is, it probably can't be worse than my situation.
    "Looks like we're not the only ones with this idea." Taylor says, indicating the Cirrus crew. "Good to see Sandy out and about. Want to see if they can get you on the roster faster? Seems like they know what they're doing."

"There is not much you can do if you just stick to torches. Candelabras can be more elegant, and a nice, tasteful tapestry here and there will liven the place up a bit."
    "Oh, that sounds practically homey. Toss in a nice rug here and there...hay, maybe even a chandelier at the front entrance. If you set up the lighting right, the refractions are gorgeous."

"Naturally. What else would you expect? I certainly wouldn't order you to put on an elaborate dance routine for their viewing pleasure."
    "For the record, I'd watch that. Twice."

Blueshield shook her head. "If I were ever to commit a crime that required such attention from higher authorities, you would have far more serious matters to deal with than which part of the dungeons I would be incarcerated in. Either I would have gone mad, or our current government would have slipped out of control and I would be part of the revolution."
    "Ironically we're only a generation or so removed from being able to do just that."

"Aww, how sweet. It's nice to know I've got a VIP pass if I ever decide to become a crime boss."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We kind of have to get over that whole 'war' thing, too."

"Oh, I can't imagine something that happened so long ago would still contribute to some kind of grudge."

"Brains. Really. You're our little conscience, and we love you, but please become less naive."
    Blades laughed. "Hey, maybe they just need to learn to take it. Just 'cause some ponies 'n griffons killed each other doesn't mean we can't be friends, right? I mean, I don't start hatin' a pony just 'cause they've killed one or two other ponies. Everypony kills now 'n then... Well, 'cept for 'Vadraa, I think."

"Looks like we're not the only ones with this idea." Taylor says, indicating the Cirrus crew. "Good to see Sandy out and about. Want to see if they can get you on the roster faster? Seems like they know what they're doing."
    Night Jewel perked up her ears. "Absolutely!"

She trotted over toward the group with Prompter. "Hi! Do you need any more help here?"

"Oh, that sounds practically homey. Toss in a nice rug here and there...hay, maybe even a chandelier at the front entrance. If you set up the lighting right, the refractions are gorgeous."
    "Good thinking. It surprises me that you would have such concern for the well-being of possible criminals, but any pony has their rights. Besides, better prison conditions could help reduce the number of ponies resisting arrest."

"Ironically we're only a generation or so removed from being able to do just that."
    Blueshield got a thoughtful look. "That must have been why your country was training foals from birth in combat. Had I been in my current position then, I may have assisted in your uprising, assuming I was not too occupied with juvenile bandits."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Bridle Shores Park

Gearstride chuckled at Sandy's preparedness and gave him a friendly noogie. "What a Sandy-ism." She lopsidedly grinned.
    "I-i-it could happen!" Sandy meekly protested, wincing as his poor mane was ruthlessly noogie'd. "And...I guess it just did, now that I think about it. I would've had t'run all th' way back to th' ship t'get my-ah! Oooh! Tickles!" The little engineer squirmed out of Gear's grasp before she could abuse her authority over his mane any further.

"Very well...I shall have someone take you to the box.." She said as she looked around and then plucked somepony who was walking along with a plate of cookies she was looking forward to devour but they flew into the air as she was yoinked over. "You..yes you..take these fine ponies to broken lights box."

The mare wrinkled her muzzle, saddened by the loss of her cookies. "Sigh, ahem, very well Miss Soliloquy, if you three would come with me." She gestured with a friendly smile. "My name is Prompter...I am a prompter...funny...heh...I wonder if mother knew this would be my fate...makes me glad I wasn't named Trash Collector or something hah..heh..right. ahem, sorry, just thinking aloud." She sheepishly smiled.
    "S'alright Miss Prompter; m'folks named me Sandy Shores, but y'don't see me cleanin' up beaches." He smiled jovially as he trotted alongside her, happy to be of service. "Now then, what all seems t'be the trouble with the lights? Miss Soliloquy mentioned something about lights not respondin' to th' switches right. Have ya'll tested it out, or is it just happening all random-like?"

(Other ponies arriving at the park would likely see Soliloquy as the pony in charge with a little effort.)

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy's Pad

"Gasp...its like you don't trust me..."
    Balboa dramatically swoon-sighed bringing his hoof to his head whilst bringing his drink with his other hoof to his mouth and sipping the cocoa. "Its as I said, I just want..." He face dropped into a somber expression, his eyes downcast. "To spend one holiday with my only kin and his loved ones, the way it should be. Sometimes I just tire of extravagant sunny vacations in the Bah-llamas, it only reminds me of how lonely I really am."

Behind Balboa, Astrid was playing the world's tiniest violin.
    Icy just gave Balboa another eye-roll. "Please. If you wanted to spend time with us... you could have just... asked? Instead of barging into my home like you owned this place." Well, at least Icy wasn't actively freezing Balboa in his seat, so that was something.

Bridle Shores Park

"I heard worse names," Silverpine replied good-naturedly, following the mare along.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    And so the three would likely fast forward to the bar where Staccata would do her best to not tell either of them of the seedy network of informants and ne'er-do-wells. That would be bad for the free exchange of information.
    (Will be waiting for the other group to finish up before we continue.)

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades laughed. "Hey, maybe they just need to learn to take it. Just 'cause some ponies 'n griffons killed each other doesn't mean we can't be friends, right? I mean, I don't start hatin' a pony just 'cause they've killed one or two other ponies. Everypony kills now 'n then... Well, 'cept for 'Vadraa, I think."
    "I'm pretty sure the only two ponies we know who have never killed anypony with malicious intent are in this room and share the same body."

"Um...you...?" Starbeam doesn't seem like she can finish that sentence without exploding from the discomfort she's already projecting in excess.

"Tell you later. Anyway, it depends on how important the dead are or maybe even how they died. But while they're generally warlike, Griffs don't strike me as the type to get worked up too bad over a war. So I guess it's a toss-up."

You've never killed anypony??

Oh come now, are you still hung up on the theory that I am a complete psychopath? I'll have you know that I only lost some of my sanity over the years.

"Good thinking. It surprises me that you would have such concern for the well-being of possible criminals, but any pony has their rights. Besides, better prison conditions could help reduce the number of ponies resisting arrest."
    "The way I see it, the law is there to keep ponies safe and comfortable. So where you end up when you break it should remind you of that, not give you a reason to hate on the system."

Blueshield got a thoughtful look. "That must have been why your country was training foals from birth in combat. Had I been in my current position then, I may have assisted in your uprising, assuming I was not too occupied with juvenile bandits."
    "Wait, really? That was a thing? I figured only my family was super paranoid like that."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Icy's Place

"Better to ask forgiveness then to ask permission eh?"
    Balboa faked a sheepish smile. "But seriously...you and I both know that initial asking just wasn't going to be a working thing, we're both smart enough to know that my dear." The stallion faintly smiled and sipped his cocoa.

"As for Fox....well....sometimes intelligence can take a back seat hahah."
    He ribbed his slack jawed son and winked. Fox's eye briefly twitched as he began to regain his senses.

"You're not serious about this right? You really think I want to spend my Hearthswarming Day with you?
    " Fox managed to ask, his tone dripping with hostility.

"Yes."

===

Bridle Shores Park

Prompter stiffly smiled and softly sighed. "Yea...we did test it all but nothing is corresponding to the switches and buttons pushed. Trying to turn on the spot light had the spotlight light casting colorful disco lighting...why..I don't even...ack." She would lead them to behind the stage where just all sorts of wires were running this way and that. It was typical in backstage appearance, just outdoors and with a canvas stretched high above at same height as the height of the actual stage. She took them to a panel that resembled a fuse box with wires running above it against the post it was set upon.

At this point, for Silverpine at least, he would have took noticed that Gearstride wasn't with them. Probably walked off into the scurrying crowd of ponies bustling about.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Bridle Shores Park

Prompter stiffly smiled and softly sighed. "Yea...we did test it all but nothing is corresponding to the switches and buttons pushed. Trying to turn on the spot light had the spotlight light casting colorful disco lighting...why..I don't even...ack." She would lead them to behind the stage where just all sorts of wires were running this way and that. It was typical in backstage appearance, just outdoors and with a canvas stretched high above at same height as the height of the actual stage. She took them to a panel that resembled a fuse box with wires running above it against the post it was set upon.
    Sandy gave a low whistle as they approached the contraption somepony once called a fuse box. "Land's sakes alive, you're lucky th' lights are even turnin' on. How long's it been since anypony tinkered with this old mess?" As he chatted, he dug out his screwdriver and went to work on removing the front panel. "Easy does it, old miss. Just gonna take a look see under your hood...there's gotta a first time for everythin', y'know. Don't get too shocked on me, alright?" he muttered to the fuse box.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda appeared to be enjoying the massage very much. "Ooooh, yessssss.... Right there," she hissed, closing her eyes.
    Presumably they did something else at some point.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy's Place

"Better to ask forgiveness then to ask permission eh?"
    Balboa faked a sheepish smile. "But seriously...you and I both know that initial asking just wasn't going to be a working thing, we're both smart enough to know that my dear." The stallion faintly smiled and sipped his cocoa.

"As for Fox....well....sometimes intelligence can take a back seat hahah."
    He ribbed his slack jawed son and winked. Fox's eye briefly twitched as he began to regain his senses.

"You're not serious about this right? You really think I want to spend my Hearths Warming Day with you?
    " Fox managed to ask, his tone dripping with hostility.

"Yes."
    Icy eyed the older stallion uncertainly, biting her lip. "Well..." Then she looked to Fox helplessly. "He seems sincere enough... for his standards."

Bridle Shores Park[/B]

At this point, for Silverpine at least, he would have took noticed that Gearstride wasn't with them. Probably walked off into the scurrying crowd of ponies bustling about.
    Silverpine indeed noticed, as the Captain suddenly made herself conspicuous by her absence. "Mr Shores, stay here while I go and retrieve the Captain," he told the engineer, before disappearing into the crowds as well, in search of a certain xanadu pony and possibly saving the set from an unnecessary disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Presumably they did something else at some point.
    Highly likely. Though at this point, it might be better to cut to a few hours ahead where they finally got back to making a new round of hot chocolate and possibly contemplating dinner.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-01-07 at 02:52 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'm pretty sure the only two ponies we know who have never killed anypony with malicious intent are in this room and share the same body."

"Um...you...?" Starbeam doesn't seem like she can finish that sentence without exploding from the discomfort she's already projecting in excess.

"Tell you later. Anyway, it depends on how important the dead are or maybe even how they died. But while they're generally warlike, Griffs don't strike me as the type to get worked up too bad over a war. So I guess it's a toss-up."
    "Ya'd think we'd know if any big important griffs got killed, wouldn't we? If they cared that much, that is."

Blades put away a finished firework. "Well, one thing's for sure: Havin' 'em killin' ponies 'cause ponies kill 'em 'n havin' ponies kill 'em cause they kill ponies just doesn't end. Revenge just recurses!"

"The way I see it, the law is there to keep ponies safe and comfortable. So where you end up when you break it should remind you of that, not give you a reason to hate on the system."
    Blueshield nodded. "Indeed. Although some ponies refuse to accept it, laws do not exist with the intent to punish. They exist to protect. We should not be making enemies with lawbreakers, as it only encourages them."

Come to think of it, this was probably where I went wrong with Night Jewel.

"Wait, really? That was a thing? I figured only my family was super paranoid like that."
    "Like you wouldn't believe. There were, in descending order of sensibility, those who wanted their offspring protected, those who wanted as many rebels to fight Iron Hoof as possible, and those who had a fanatical devotion to their 'warrior's heritage'." Blueshield shook her head. "Many of these young fighters weren't taught responsibility. Such a perfect recipe for militaristic thugs."

[Meanwhile]

"That wasn't very respectful, was it?" Night Jewel shook her head, disappointed at how her offer of help had been so rudely ignored.

After a few moments, she came up with a way to turn this to her advantage. A few moments after that, she realized a critical flaw in that idea as well: She was working with paladins.

"...Would you three mind if I went backstage to look on my own? I promise I'll just look around and help out."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Icy's Pad

"See Fox my boy, your beautiful, smart, gal here believes me, well sorta, anyways, you don't have to spend the whole day..together...I just want to spend a little with my son and his loved ones."
    Balboa said as he employed puppy dog eyes in which Fox's face contorted as he let out an 'eeegh'.

"Sir, may I suggest the gifts," Astrid whispered from behind, edging the big sack Balboa was carrying towards him.

"Oh right!..Yes..yes...ahem...if you'll accept them, I have gifts for the...two and a half of you,"
    He winked briefly looking at Icy's belly.
    ================
    ================

The Park of-

"Last year's Hearthswarming pageant?" Prompter replied sheepishly with a little visible blush and made a bashful squeak. "Its not so bad is it?..." It was.

Prompter then blinked in surprise at Night Jewel and puffed her cheeks for a moment. "Oh...uh...I'm sorry....I didn't notice your presence there heh..uhm...sorry..Uhm...are you with him?" She gestured to Sandy who would be gifted with a spark from that herp derp contraction they called a Light box. Zap!
    ----

It wouldn't take long for Silverpine to find Gearstride, near the crafts service table, munching on cookies and engaging happily in conversation with some ponies.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

"Last year's Hearthswarming pageant?" Prompter replied sheepishly with a little visible blush and made a bashful squeak. "Its not so bad is it?..." It was.
    Sandy's whole face softened and melted away with a warming smile. "Aw, don't you worry about it none, Miss Prompter. I'll have her fixed up an' behavin' right in time for th' pageant." He drew a cross over his little uniformed chest and tapped his badge. "Cirrus' honor, I will."

His vow made, Sandy returned his attention to the front panel and its frozen, half-rusted screws.

Silverpine indeed noticed, as the Captain suddenly made herself conspicuous by her absence. "Mr Shores, stay here while I go and retrieve the Captain," he told the engineer, before disappearing into the crowds as well, in search of a certain xanadu pony and possibly saving the set from an unnecessary disaster.
    Sandy nodded distractedly, already fixated on the challenging mass of wires and metal before him. "Aye-aye, Silverpine sir. I'll be right here if y'need me." He grunted, his horn aching as his TK'd screwdriver failed to budge the stubborn screws. What law of physics dictated that all old electronics be old, cantankerous beasties? Rearing up, he leveraged his whole weight on the screwdriver. He felt the screw jerk, then start to budge...

Prompter then blinked in surprise at Night Jewel and puffed her cheeks for a moment. "Oh...uh...I'm sorry....I didn't notice your presence there heh..uhm...sorry..Uhm...are you with him?" She gestured to Sandy who would be gifted with a spark from that herp derp contraction they called a Light box. Zap!
    (My mental mapping of this scene has Sandy over by the fuse box, with Prompter and Night Jewel talking a few paces away.)

...and then reward his efforts with a sharp spark.

Sandy yelped and gingerly sucked on his lightly crisped hoof. "Nghhh...you're a real biter, ain't you? You best just simmer yourself down now; today's not a day t'be givin' lip." He carefully TK'd the screwdriver back into place, mindful of any more errant sparks.

To Night Jewel, it would seem that this particular theater troupe had employed a thin, dorky-looking colt about her age as their electrician.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-01-07 at 02:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh!" Night Jewel took a moment to think of a not-untruthful way to say the right thing, then smiled. "Well, you could say that. We both work for the same pony." She made sure not to mention that "working for the same pony" meant making things for her and not actually being a member of the crew. "We've got some similar skills."

She stepped closer to Sandy and waved at him. "Hey, cutie! Need a hoof? Maybe a bit of oil to loosen up the rusty bits?"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ya'd think we'd know if any big important griffs got killed, wouldn't we? If they cared that much, that is."

Blades put away a finished firework. "Well, one thing's for sure: Havin' 'em killin' ponies 'cause ponies kill 'em 'n havin' ponies kill 'em cause they kill ponies just doesn't end. Revenge just recurses!"
    "So, what, cut it out entirely? Revenge is like, one of three reasons anything gets done."

"Four. Revenge, incentive, power and love."

"Did you really turn The Artisan's Blade into a romance novel?"

"Did you really turn it into a political encyclopedia?"

"Well I don't know about important figures, but I assume the griffons don't want war with us no matter what we do. They're not prosperous enough after last time."

Blueshield nodded. [COLOR="Blue"]"Indeed. Although some ponies refuse to accept it, laws do not exist with the intent to punish. They exist to protect. We should not be making enemies with lawbreakers, as it only encourages them."
    "I wouldn't say it encourages them so much as drains their resolve. I mean, if you've got a choice between a cave and a lake, but the cave is on fire, you'll go for the lake, even though you'll drown eventually. And if you think there's nothing the right side of the law could possibly offer you, or that road's been stripped entirely, well, what's the point of trying?"

"Like you wouldn't believe. There were, in descending order of sensibility, those who wanted their offspring protected, those who wanted as many rebels to fight Iron Hoof as possible, and those who had a fanatical devotion to their 'warrior's heritage'." Blueshield shook her head. "Many of these young fighters weren't taught responsibility. Such a perfect recipe for militaristic thugs."
    "And here I thought most of the stories about the Summer were hyperbole. How'd you guys find out about it? Did it lash back on to your territory?"

[Meanwhile]

"That wasn't very respectful, was it?" Night Jewel shook her head, disappointed at how her offer of help had been so rudely ignored.

After a few moments, she came up with a way to turn this to her advantage. A few moments after that, she realized a critical flaw in that idea as well: She was working with paladins.

"...Would you three mind if I went backstage to look on my own? I promise I'll just look around and help out."
    "Where you walk isn't quite up to us, I'd say." The cleric remarks.

"I'm sure they don't mean for you to take any offense, though." The monk assures her. "From what I gather, they're under some stress."

"If all else fails, I can glow and shout to get their attention for you." The paladin says, injecting just enough irony into his tone to make the statement a joke.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Prose doesn't seem to have much to add to all this talk of the Summer and rebels and other unsavory things. In fact, he seems to have a faint frown on his face, his gaze distant as he stares up at the passing clouds, as if lost in thought or purposefully ignoring the current discussion. There's probably not much he can add, anyway. Either due to classified intel, or because he simply doesn't like to share such things.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So, what, cut it out entirely? Revenge is like, one of three reasons anything gets done."

"Four. Revenge, incentive, power and love."

"Did you really turn The Artisan's Blade into a romance novel?"

"Did you really turn it into a political encyclopedia?"

"Well I don't know about important figures, but I assume the griffons don't want war with us no matter what we do. They're not prosperous enough after last time."
    Blades looked confused. "Aren't revenge 'n power 'n love all sort of incentives? So they kind of overlap with that bit..."

"And so is obligation." A familiar brown unicorn stepped into the shoppe, carrying some kind of box with her.

"Oh! Flare's back! What happened out there?"

"I did not have some epiphany about holiday spirit or anything, if that is what you wish to know." Flare shook her head. "All I managed to do was purchase something that might be of interest to you."

"I wouldn't say it encourages them so much as drains their resolve. I mean, if you've got a choice between a cave and a lake, but the cave is on fire, you'll go for the lake, even though you'll drown eventually. And if you think there's nothing the right side of the law could possibly offer you, or that road's been stripped entirely, well, what's the point of trying?"
    "If that's the case, the crime rates among seaponies must be tremendous."

Blueshield paused for a moment to see the reaction, then carried on. "In all seriousness, I understand. It is necessary to make sure there are alternatives to an unlawful life presented. However, we must still make sure those who choose crime regret it. The difficulty comes with the distinction."

"And here I thought most of the stories about the Summer were hyperbole. How'd you guys find out about it? Did it lash back on to your territory?"
    Blueshield nodded "It is my recollection that I made a reference to juvenile bandits. The warrior fillies and colts from your land sought glory, power and wealth via assault upon our caravans. According to my father, it took the entire Knight force to terminate their activities.

"Fortunately, the main troublesome youngster I have had to deal with is not a violent one. There may be progress in the world."

Prose doesn't seem to have much to add to all this talk of the Summer and rebels and other unsavory things. In fact, he seems to have a faint frown on his face, his gaze distant as he stares up at the passing clouds, as if lost in thought or purposefully ignoring the current discussion. There's probably not much he can add, anyway. Either due to classified intel, or because he simply doesn't like to share such things.
    "...Mr. Prose, are you distressed?"

"Where you walk isn't quite up to us, I'd say." The cleric remarks.

"I'm sure they don't mean for you to take any offense, though." The monk assures her. "From what I gather, they're under some stress."

"If all else fails, I can glow and shout to get their attention for you." The paladin says, injecting just enough irony into his tone to make the statement a joke.
    Night Jewel turned back briefly. "Don't worry, it's sorted out. I guess I'm just so good at avoiding attention that I forget how to draw it." She laughed and waved. "I'll see you when I'm done! Don't eat all the food while I'm busy, okay?"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy's Pad

"See Fox my boy, your beautiful, smart, gal here believes me, well sorta, anyways, you don't have to spend the whole day..together...I just want to spend a little with my son and his loved ones."
    Balboa said as he employed puppy dog eyes in which Fox's face contorted as he let out an 'eeegh'.

"Sir, may I suggest the gifts," Astrid whispered from behind, edging the big sack Balboa was carrying towards him.

"Oh right!..Yes..yes...ahem...if you'll accept them, I have gifts for the...two and a half of you,"
    He winked briefly looking at Icy's belly.
    "Well... I guess no harm seeing what your father brought us," Icy said, sidling towards Fox to lean against him. Hopefully it might calm him down a little.

The Park of-

----

It wouldn't take long for Silverpine to find Gearstride, near the crafts service table, munching on cookies and engaging happily in conversation with some ponies.
    "Oh there you are, Captain. For a moment there, we thought we lost you," Silverpine called, trotting towards Gear and whoever she was conversing with. "Good day to you. Name's Silverpine," he said in way of greeting.