New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] Backstage: CUT!

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Oh!" Night Jewel took a moment to think of a not-untruthful way to say the right thing, then smiled. "Well, you could say that. We both work for the same pony." She made sure not to mention that "working for the same pony" meant making things for her and not actually being a member of the crew. "We've got some similar skills."

She stepped closer to Sandy and waved at him. "Hey, cutie! Need a hoof? Maybe a bit of oil to loosen up the rusty bits?"
    Sandy's screwdriver made a high-pitched screech as it scraped across the metal panel, suddenly loose of its purchase. "Whu-bluh?" The little stallion looked blankly at the little filly, then checked behind him to see who she was talking to. "M-me?" He pointed to himself incredulously.

Somewhere, a disconnect in the universe had inspired this young filly to refer to him as "cutie", instead of "Mister", "Sandy", or "hey chumpface." The whole of Sandy's mental prowess threw itself upon this problem, leaving his social faculties hopelessly understaffed. "What? I...uh, oil loosens up stucks...yes?" Behind him, the screwdriver tapped and spun away a good few inches away from its intended target. "Helpful? Yes?"

An incredibly effective confusion tactic. Although Night Jewel might note that this colt's voice sounded a hair lower than she'd imagined...
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades looked confused. "Aren't revenge 'n power 'n love all sort of incentives? So they kind of overlap with that bit..."
    "In this context, incentive just means an offer you can't refuse. Or 'an offer you can't refuse'. Also, the metaphor is from a fairy tail."

"...Do they have tails? And why-?"

"And so is obligation." A familiar brown unicorn stepped into the shoppe, carrying some kind of box with her.

"Oh! Flare's back! What happened out there?"

"I did not have some epiphany about holiday spirit or anything, if that is what you wish to know." Flare shook her head. "All I managed to do was purchase something that might be of interest to you."
    "About time somepony put their hoof town on Hearth's Warming. No hearts growing three sizes or any of that. Rock on, Terra."

"Well, somepony can take time to think without deciding on anything, or changing what they think. That's fine. Did you have a nice time while you were out?"

"If that's the case, the crime rates among seaponies must be tremendous."
    "Geez, I hope not. That'd make all of my brothers hardened criminals. I'd rather have a holdout."

Blueshield nodded "It is my recollection that I made a reference to juvenile bandits. The warrior fillies and colts from your land sought glory, power and wealth via assault upon our caravans. According to my father, it took the entire Knight force to terminate their activities.

"Fortunately, the main troublesome youngster I have had to deal with is not a violent one. There may be progress in the world."
    "Part of me wants to say something patriotic about Equestria churning out great bandits, but...it's hard to really put humor into something so awful. I guess an 'I'm sorry' from me doesn't really cover that, huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Clouds Above Bridle Shores]

Prose doesn't seem to have much to add to all this talk of the Summer and rebels and other unsavory things. In fact, he seems to have a faint frown on his face, his gaze distant as he stares up at the passing clouds, as if lost in thought or purposefully ignoring the current discussion. There's probably not much he can add, anyway. Either due to classified intel, or because he simply doesn't like to share such things.
    "...Mr. Prose, are you distressed?"
    "Cadance in blue." Snowstorm mutters. "I'm sorry, Prose. I know that topic can bring back some bad memories for the 'Bolts..."

Night Jewel turned back briefly. "Don't worry, it's sorted out. I guess I'm just so good at avoiding attention that I forget how to draw it." She laughed and waved. "I'll see you when I'm done! Don't eat all the food while I'm busy, okay?"
    The trio return the wave farewell, Dawn somewhat awkwardly.

Silver turns a bit and pokes Taylor in the side. "I'll have to contradict her, actually. You need to eat more."

He laughs and mocks batting away her hoof. "Hey, now. I subsist on sunrays, remember? Also, mind over matter and all that. I haven't overdone on the healing enough today to need too many calories." He pauses at her unconvinced expression. "...Then again, I could use a sandwich. And perhaps a drink."

They trot back off into town, while Dawnstrider remains behind to do what comes naturally. Patrol the area.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "In this context, incentive just means an offer you can't refuse. Or 'an offer you can't refuse'. Also, the metaphor is from a fairy tail."

"...Do they have tails? And why-?"
    Elsewhere, Ciona sneezed, causing her to sprout several extra tails.

~

"Right. Maybe find a better word for it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "About time somepony put their hoof town on Hearth's Warming. No hearts growing three sizes or any of that. Rock on, Terra."

"Well, somepony can take time to think without deciding on anything, or changing what they think. That's fine. Did you have a nice time while you were out?"
    "Wouldn't a pony's heart increasing in size significantly cause health compli-"

"Not litrally, Flare!"

"Right. Not literal."

Flare had to think about how to answer Arvadraa's question. "It was not exciting. To be in the snow again was... strangely relaxing, but I was not entertained through most of it."

"Geez, I hope not. That'd make all of my brothers hardened criminals. I'd rather have a holdout."
    Blueshield raised an eyebrow. "You have seapony brothers?"

"Part of me wants to say something patriotic about Equestria churning out great bandits, but...it's hard to really put humor into something so awful. I guess an 'I'm sorry' from me doesn't really cover that, huh?"
    "I do not expect you to apologize. The incident in question was never within your ability to influence. What you can do is ensure that such incidents never happen again."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy's screwdriver made a high-pitched screech as it scraped across the metal panel, suddenly loose of its purchase. "Whu-bluh?" The little stallion looked blankly at the little filly, then checked behind him to see who she was talking to. "M-me?" He pointed to himself incredulously.

Somewhere, a disconnect in the universe had inspired this young filly to refer to him as "cutie", instead of "Mister", "Sandy", or "hey chumpface." The whole of Sandy's mental prowess threw itself upon this problem, leaving his social faculties hopelessly understaffed. "What? I...uh, oil loosens up stucks...yes?" Behind him, the screwdriver tapped and spun away a good few inches away from its intended target. "Helpful? Yes?"

An incredibly effective confusion tactic. Although Night Jewel might note that this colt's voice sounded a hair lower than she'd imagined...
    "Easily shocked, Sandy? You might want to be careful with the device, then." Night Jewel chuckled. This was getting fun already.

She stepped forward, retrieved a small container of oil from her mane, and began carefully applying it to the rusty parts. A few sparks singed her hooves as she did so..

"Ow! Say, is there a way to turn this thing's power off for a bit? It's easier to work with electrical stuff when it's not zapping you all the time."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Clouds Over Bridle Shores]

"...Mr. Prose, are you distressed?"
    "Cadance in blue." Snowstorm mutters. "I'm sorry, Prose. I know that topic can bring back some bad memories for the 'Bolts..."
    The batpony tilts his head a bit to the two mares, and gives a small, aloof shrug. "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori," Prose observes with poetic thoughtfulness, before cracking a small, wry smile. "Granted, none of my unit would have mori'd for our patria thanks to a few idiot marauders with no real training, even if they did have vastly superior numbers." He quips, before pausing to ponder a moment.

"Of course, it's a moot point, since those frumpy nobles in Canterlot would pitch a fit over such a 'waste of valuable military resources' if Shadowbolts were used against 'common thugs,' regardless of the actual threat they posed to the citizens of our great nation or our allies. So because of political idiocy, my squadron was never sent to purge a stronghold of rag-tag bandits, or to assassinate their leaders and throw them into disarray, or to do recon and leak strategic intel on marauder activities to, say, the Saddle Arabians for their benefit."

His smile fades into a faint, sly smirk. "Officially, at least."

Spoiler
    Show

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
    "It is sweet and fitting to die for your country."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Icy's Place

Balboa flashed Icy a warm smile. "Well ahem..." He nodded at Astrid who began to dig around the bag and pulled out a small white jewelery box and hoofed it over to Icy. She then dug around and pulled out a a yellow envelope and pushed it over to Fox.

Fox quirked a brow and opened up the envelope as his eyes bulged a little after reading a paper from it. "Bhwuh..wha...a..two weeks all paid expense vacation in the Bahllamas?...Wait...honeymoon vacation?"

"Yes, honeymoon. You do plan on making an honest mare out of her don't you son? Considering..."
    Balboa raised a brow and glanced at Icy's belly. "Ooh, also, I will bequeath use of my private airship yacht during your vacation, state of the art in luxury." He nodded.

Fox turned to Icy and flushed and sputtered and generally sported a derp expression.
    ====

The Park

"Sorry...got distracted..plus..didn't think I was neccessary with the whole light box bit hehe...mmm...here babe, try these cookies...they are diviiine~"
    Gearstride grinned and picked up a cookie with her teeth and gave it to Silverpine with a wink. The other ponies around smiled and greeted Silverpine, ignoring Gearstride's flirtations with the silver and orange stallion.
    ----

"Eeek..ah..sorry....I should have taken care of that before-hoof.." Prompter sheepishly smiled and flipped off the small switch on the side of the light-panel box.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Elsewhere, Ciona sneezed, causing her to sprout several extra tails.

~

"Right. Maybe find a better word for it?"
    "Yeah, and then we can track down the author, pull royalties."

"Bearing in mind that Helping Hoof is an actual spy and assassin..."

"Really? That's so cool!"

"Hm. Mmhmm. Apparently the word is correct, it's just one of those words with...'relatively inscrutable context'. Uhm, 'encouragement', maybe?"

"Wouldn't a pony's heart increasing in size significantly cause health compli-"

"Not litrally, Flare!"

"Right. Not literal."

Flare had to think about how to answer Arvadraa's question. "It was not exciting. To be in the snow again was... strangely relaxing, but I was not entertained through most of it."
    "What does excite you, anyway? Poetry, theater, chess, muffins? Everypony needs a hobby."

"A hobby aside from fantasizing about fighting everything, since this is Stellar talking."

"That's my day job, not my hobby."

Blueshield raised an eyebrow. "You have seapony brothers?"
    "Just one. He was raised by dolphins, though." She pauses. "Yeah, my family is weird."

"I do not expect you to apologize. The incident in question was never within your ability to influence. What you can do is ensure that such incidents never happen again."
    "I'll put a hoof in if another war starts to break out, sure."

[Clouds Over Bridle Shores]

The batpony tilts his head a bit to the two mares, and gives a small, aloof shrug. "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori," Prose observes with poetic thoughtfulness, before cracking a small, wry smile. "Granted, none of my unit would have mori'd for our patria thanks to a few idiot marauders with no real training, even if they did have vastly superior numbers." He quips, before pausing to ponder a moment.

"Of course, it's a moot point, since those frumpy nobles in Canterlot would pitch a fit over such a 'waste of valuable military resources' if Shadowbolts were used against 'common thugs,' regardless of the actual threat they posed to the citizens of our great nation or our allies. So because of political idiocy, my squadron was never sent to purge a stronghold of rag-tag bandits, or to assassinate their leaders and throw them into disarray, or to do recon and leak strategic intel on marauder activities to, say, the Saddle Arabians for their benefit."

"Someone should tell said frumpy nobles that helping ponies in a crisis is never a waste. In fact, I'm sure somepony did. Off the record, maybe."
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2014-01-10 at 08:52 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

"Easily shocked, Sandy? You might want to be careful with the device, then." Night Jewel chuckled. This was getting fun already.

She stepped forward, retrieved a small container of oil from her mane, and began carefully applying it to the rusty parts. A few sparks singed her hooves as she did so..

"Ow! Say, is there a way to turn this thing's power off for a bit? It's easier to work with electrical stuff when it's not zapping you all the time."
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Eeek..ah..sorry....I should have taken care of that before-hoof.." Prompter sheepishly smiled and flipped off the small switch on the side of the light-panel box.
    Fact: This strange filly was lending a helping hoof.

Fact: This strange filly prevented (some) of the inevitable shocks coming his way.

Conclusion: Maintain holding pattern. Continue with task at hoof. Await the return of the 'ol brainpan.

"Right. Right. Thankee muchly." Sandy blankly recited to empty space between the two fillies. With stiff, mechanical movements, he manuevered the screwdriver in place and went to work on the rusted old screws. With the addition of Night Jewel's oil, the job went by quickly, and soon they'd reached the first moment of truth. "Ya'll might want t'up back...er, left to the right devices...clear the deck-battened-hatches...stand somewhere that ain't right here." Shaking off his twisted tongue, Sandy gingerly pried off the casing and lifted it free...
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-01-10 at 09:08 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy's Place

Balboa flashed Icy a warm smile. "Well ahem..." He nodded at Astrid who began to dig around the bag and pulled out a small white jewelery box and hoofed it over to Icy. She then dug around and pulled out a a yellow envelope and pushed it over to Fox.

Fox quirked a brow and opened up the envelope as his eyes bulged a little after reading a paper from it. "Bhwuh..wha...a..two weeks all paid expense vacation in the Bahllamas?...Wait...honeymoon vacation?"

"Yes, honeymoon. You do plan on making an honest mare out of her don't you son? Considering..."
    Balboa raised a brow and glanced at Icy's belly. "Ooh, also, I will bequeath use of my private airship yacht during your vacation, state of the art in luxury." He nodded.

Fox turned to Icy and flushed and sputtered and generally sported a derp expression.
    Icy could only offer a helpless shrug, though she shot Balboa a grateful smile. "That's.... quite generous of you, Mr Balboa. Considering the airship expense to the islands at this time of the year." She leaned in to give Fox a small kiss on the cheek and nuzzled. "Fox, dear. I think your father means well..."

Then, she remembered she had her own gift and opened it.

The Park

"Sorry...got distracted..plus..didn't think I was neccessary with the whole light box bit hehe...mmm...here babe, try these cookies...they are diviiine~"
    Gearstride grinned and picked up a cookie with her teeth and gave it to Silverpine with a wink. The other ponies around smiled and greeted Silverpine, ignoring Gearstride's flirtations with the silver and orange stallion.
    "Huh, wha..." Silverpine accepted the cookie with widened eyes of surprise, blushing a little as he chewed and swallowed. "... they're good, Captain. Thanks."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah, and then we can track down the author, pull royalties."

"Bearing in mind that Helping Hoof is an actual spy and assassin..."

"Really? That's so cool!"

"Hm. Mmhmm. Apparently the word is correct, it's just one of those words with...'relatively inscrutable context'. Uhm, 'encouragement', maybe?"
    "Better... Wait, an assassin? Are they good at it?"

"What does excite you, anyway? Poetry, theater, chess, muffins? Everypony needs a hobby."

"A hobby aside from fantasizing about fighting everything, since this is Stellar talking."

"That's my day job, not my hobby."
    Blades got a strange gleam in her eyes, but said nothing.

"I am... unsure." Flare thought some more, than smiled. "But perhaps now is a good time to experiment. I should try to experience some of those things and see how they are."

"Well, I know one of 'em that ya'll get a chance to try!"

"Just one. He was raised by dolphins, though." She pauses. "Yeah, my family is weird."
    Given what I know of dolphin psychology, it is probable that seaponies raised by dolphins would have stronger criminal inclinations than most other ponies.

"...Should I inquire as to the diversity of your heritage, or is it for the better if I remain uninformed?"

"I'll put a hoof in if another war starts to break out, sure."
    "Good. No matter where you are from, your first duty is always to righteousness."

"You are correct. They were young and reckless, so a concentrated effort against them early on could have dispersed them easily." Blueshield sighed. "So naturally, they were left alone to be dealt with 'later', rather than stopped before they became a threat. They were not treated as a serious issue, so they became one.

"Of course, I must question whether, had you and your companions been permitted to act against these crimes, you would be capable of harming a foal."

"Someone should tell said frumpy nobles that helping ponies in a crisis is never a waste. In fact, I'm sure somepony did. Off the record, maybe."
    Blueshield nodded. "Had I the capability, I would provide the majority of the upper classes with a stern lecture on the importance of maintaining high quality of life for all ponies rather than merely power for themselves. It is only good fortune that the nobility of my homeland does not seem particularly interested in interfering with such affairs."

"Ah, that's much better. Thanks."

Fact: This strange filly was lending a helping hoof.

Fact: This strange filly prevented (some) of the inevitable shocks coming his way.

Conclusion: Maintain holding pattern. Continue with task at hoof. Await the return of the 'ol brainpan.

"Right. Right. Thankee muchly." Sandy blankly recited to empty space between the two fillies. With stiff, mechanical movements, he manuevered the screwdriver in place and went to work on the rusted old screws. With the addition of Night Jewel's oil, the job went by quickly, and soon they'd reached the first moment of truth. "Ya'll might want t'up back...er, left to the right devices...clear the deck-battened-hatches...stand somewhere that ain't right here." Shaking off his twisted tongue, Sandy gingerly pried off the casing and lifted it free...
    "You're welcome! So you think you can do this on your own, Sandy? This will be fun to watch."

Night Jewel stepped out of his way, although not too far back - if something went wrong, she wanted to be ready to step in again.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"You are correct. They were young and reckless, so a concentrated effort against them early on could have dispersed them easily." Blueshield sighed. "So naturally, they were left alone to be dealt with 'later', rather than stopped before they became a threat. They were not treated as a serious issue, so they became one.

"Of course, I must question whether, had you and your companions been permitted to act against these crimes, you would be capable of harming a foal."
    Prose tilts his head slightly to give Blueshield a knowing look with his good eye, his expression a bit wry. "Ah, but I never said anything about foals. Ponies of all ages can turn to crime or unsavory activities under certain circumstances. And while the bandits your country had to deal with were on the younger spectrum, I can assure you, they don't represent the majority of the marauder spectrum. If I had to make a tactical assessment, I'd say the younger ones expanded outwards towards the frontiers and borders because of three reasons. One, less competition from older, more established bandits. Two, less organized resistance due to frontier towns being less established and fortified. And three, a youthful thirst for glory and adventure," he muses. "Meanwhile, back in the Equestrian heartland, we had the older, slightly better trained and equipped brigands to deal with."

He then smirks lazily. "As for my unit hurting foals, the answer is no. Well, as long as 'inflicting a permanent fear of the dark' doesn't count as hurting. Doesn't matter how many ponies they've robbed or how shiny that sword they have is, if a kid - and many an adult - thinks the night itself is out to get them, whatever courage they have snuffs out like a candle in a hurricane."

Blueshield nodded. "Had I the capability, I would provide the majority of the upper classes with a stern lecture on the importance of maintaining high quality of life for all ponies rather than merely power for themselves. It is only good fortune that the nobility of my homeland does not seem particularly interested in interfering with such affairs."
    Purple Prose tilts his head back and laughs heartily. "Oh believe me, there were plenty of times where I had to refrain from saying or doing things to 'help' an aristocrat or two see reason and logic. But alas, I had to mollify myself with passive aggression and social swordplay. The benefits of being a communications expert is that it's very easy to turn words against ponies, and make a horrendous insult sound like a flowery compliment," the batpony says with a cheeky, fang-baring grin.

He then sighs. "Granted, that's part of why I had to retire. My comrades and Princess Luna may have enjoyed my linguistic wit, but the powers that be did not. And once the poncy aristocrats and nobles running the show decide they don't like you... well..." he shrugs. "Doesn't really matter how effective you are as a soldier and a leader in the field, when there's politics involved."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2014-01-11 at 11:08 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

"Better... Wait, an assassin? Are they good at it?"
    "Nopony really knows. But The Artisan's Blade is a story about a wrongfully imprisoned noble escaping and seeking bloody revenge in addition to being a thesis on the tenets of societal manipulation. The leading theory is that it's an autobiography. Personally, I'm inclined to believe it; certain events are too realistic and detailed to be entirely fictional."

Blades got a strange gleam in her eyes, but said nothing.

"I am... unsure." Flare thought some more, than smiled. "But perhaps now is a good time to experiment. I should try to experience some of those things and see how they are."

"Well, I know one of 'em that ya'll get a chance to try!"
    "Take Brains with you. She needs to see way more of the world."

"Um, could I get away with a mention of how this is my home and I'm needless of anything else?"

"Cute, but nope."

"...Should I inquire as to the diversity of your heritage, or is it for the better if I remain uninformed?"
    "My father would tell you that he has 'excellent interponitial charisma'. Us Spawn of Sunshine would just tell you he's gotten super good at playing a Castle-Nova card."

Purple Prose tilts his head back and laughs heartily. "Oh believe me, there were plenty of times where I had to refrain from saying or doing things to 'help' an aristocrat or two see reason and logic. But alas, I had to mollify myself with passive aggression and social swordplay. The benefits of being a communications expert is that it's very easy to turn words against ponies, and make a horrendous insult sound like a flowery compliment," the batpony says with a cheeky, fang-baring grin.

He then sighs. "Granted, that's part of why I had to retire. My comrades and Princess Luna may have enjoyed my linguistic wit, but the powers that be did not. And once the poncy aristocrats and nobles running the show decide they don't like you... well..." he shrugs. "Doesn't really matter how effective you are as a soldier and a leader in the field, when there's politics involved."
    "I suppose this is the moment to advocate the adventuring setup. I don't think idiotic political machinations have gotten in the way of my job for a solid decade."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

"It seems more like he's trying to bribe me off..." Fox whispered, glancing at Balboa. Despite Fox's whispering, Balboa would have heard it anyway, but the older stallion said nothing in comment.

When Icy opened up the box she would come to see a silver and gold hoof bracelet with a series of beautiful marquise cut gems of if an ice blue color. Icy would recognize this as the Heart of Valhalla, or Ice Stone, a rare gem that was only found in the mountains of Valhalla. A gem thought to have been destroyed by Iron Hoove's strike against Valhalla. It held a novel property of being cold to the touch.
    ======

Dat Park

Gearstride smiled and nuzzled at her beau. "Them here's Mason, Rafter, and Purlin." Two stallions and a mare respectfully. "They helped built the stage, and a couple of the set pieces." Gearstride introduced as 'heys' were given in tow.
    ----

Sandy would easily remove the casing over the totally not a re-purposed fuse box. Sandy, along with Night Jewel and Prompter would see an odd looking fuzzy...black fuzz ball just nestled there in the corner inside.....

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Nopony really knows. But The Artisan's Blade is a story about a wrongfully imprisoned noble escaping and seeking bloody revenge in addition to being a thesis on the tenets of societal manipulation. The leading theory is that it's an autobiography. Personally, I'm inclined to believe it; certain events are too realistic and detailed to be entirely fictional."
    "Seems like an intriguin' hypothsis. 'N some books are awful precise 'bout things that most ponies don't know 'bout, so maybe they're actually doin' that kind of thing!"

Flare flicked an ear. "Or they could have simply done their research. Does that still happen these days?"

"But that's not as fun! 'N 'round here, we get mostly what's excitin' over what's ordnary."

"Take Brains with you. She needs to see way more of the world."

"Um, could I get away with a mention of how this is my home and I'm needless of anything else?"

"Cute, but nope."
    Blades laughed. "Ya know, we could all go together! A lil' bondin' 'sperience for all of us!"

"As much as a bondin' sperience- bonding experience might appeal, the small one has a point. It might be best if we allowed ourselves to be exposed to more influences."

"Well, we can't all be gettin' cooped up in here all the time. It gets borin'! What do ya say, girls? Shall we have a lil' outing?"

"My father would tell you that he has 'excellent interponitial charisma'. Us Spawn of Sunshine would just tell you he's gotten super good at playing a Castle-Nova card."
    "Then I shall employ caution should I encounter him. I do not possess any desires to become a harem filly."

Prose tilts his head slightly to give Blueshield a knowing look with his good eye, his expression a bit wry. "Ah, but I never said anything about foals. Ponies of all ages can turn to crime or unsavory activities under certain circumstances. And while the bandits your country had to deal with were on the younger spectrum, I can assure you, they don't represent the majority of the marauder spectrum. If I had to make a tactical assessment, I'd say the younger ones expanded outwards towards the frontiers and borders because of three reasons. One, less competition from older, more established bandits. Two, less organized resistance due to frontier towns being less established and fortified. And three, a youthful thirst for glory and adventure," he muses. "Meanwhile, back in the Equestrian heartland, we had the older, slightly better trained and equipped brigands to deal with."
    "A most astute assessment. Another factor may have been the number of attractive targets due to our more prodigious reliance on trade."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01
    He then smirks lazily. "As for my unit hurting foals, the answer is no. Well, as long as 'inflicting a permanent fear of the dark' doesn't count as hurting. Doesn't matter how many ponies they've robbed or how shiny that sword they have is, if a kid - and many an adult - thinks the night itself is out to get them, whatever courage they have snuffs out like a candle in a hurricane."
    Blueshield got a thoughtful look. "Fear... That could have been a way to disperse them. However, some ponies are too imbecilic to have fear, and some are too desperate to let it stop them."

Blueshield actually seemed to smile briefly. "There is exquisite gratification in denigrating conceited individuals in manners they cannot comprehend. Unfortunately, their reactions do tend toward the petty. Depriving a pony of their career out of spite is not exactly a quality I approve of."

"I suppose this is the moment to advocate the adventuring setup. I don't think idiotic political machinations have gotten in the way of my job for a solid decade."
    "A life as a wandering mercenary? Tempting, but disconnecting from the system costs you influence over it."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Highly likely. Though at this point, it might be better to cut to a few hours ahead where they finally got back to making a new round of hot chocolate and possibly contemplating dinner.
    -And I kid you not, he asked 'so it's bad?' Lone Star facehoofed before setting down their mugs. I mean c'mon, he don't gotta tell ya it's bad when the bone is sticking out! Good news: his wing was fine. Bad news: the doctor's wasn't.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-01-12 at 03:35 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

"Seems like an intriguin' hypothsis. 'N some books are awful precise 'bout things that most ponies don't know 'bout, so maybe they're actually doin' that kind of thing!"

Flare flicked an ear. "Or they could have simply done their research. Does that still happen these days?"

"But that's not as fun! 'N 'round here, we get mostly what's excitin' over what's ordnary."
    "It's possible, but difficult. You can't simply walk into an assassin school and ask for tips. Well, wait. Actually, you technically can, it just requires a specific political leaning."

Blades laughed. "Ya know, we could all go together! A lil' bondin' 'sperience for all of us!"

"As much as a bondin' sperience- bonding experience might appeal, the small one has a point. It might be best if we allowed ourselves to be exposed to more influences."

"Well, we can't all be gettin' cooped up in here all the time. It gets borin'! What do ya say, girls? Shall we have a lil' outing?"
    "We could split up, maybe. Get the best of both worlds. Brains and Terra get worldly, and you and me can party it up."

At that moment, Arvadraa and Starbeam exchange a series of rapid expressions before falling back to their standards. While brief, the gist of it is essentially:

Please don't let them burn down the town.

I'm not going to let them burn down the town.

"Can I come with you?" Her tone indicates she's prepared to present a ten-page essay on the whys of her decision, but isn't sure it's necessary yet.

"Then I shall employ caution should I encounter him. I do not possess any desires to become a harem filly."
    "I might as well stick up for him. He's not forceful and he's monogamous. You don't have anything to worry about. Unless you actually decide to make a move. I don't recommend that one; he has this thing about accumulating enemies and dangerous circumstances and his love interests have the life expectancy of goldfish." The last sentence comes out sharper than a blade, like someone trying too hard to make it sound like the words aren't causing them pain.

"A life as a wandering mercenary? Tempting, but disconnecting from the system costs you influence over it."
    "You don't need to influence it if you and the ones you deal with are outside of it, though. In the case of events that take place outside of civilization, a badge won't do you much good anyway. For those that do...does it matter so much where the help comes from, as long as it's there?"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Prose smirks wryly. "Perhaps. I'm not exactly tied down to this town, per se. And it always helps to have 'Inquisitorial backing' on misadventures," he winks.

"A most astute assessment. Another factor may have been the number of attractive targets due to our more prodigious reliance on trade."

Blueshield got a thoughtful look. "Fear... That could have been a way to disperse them. However, some ponies are too imbecilic to have fear, and some are too desperate to let it stop them."
    The batpony shrugs. "In those cases, my non-lethal combat training comes in handy. A chokehold or well-placed kick can lay out many a combatant, especially those who don't know how to be a proper combatant."

Blueshield actually seemed to smile briefly. "There is exquisite gratification in denigrating conceited individuals in manners they cannot comprehend. Unfortunately, their reactions do tend toward the petty. Depriving a pony of their career out of spite is not exactly a quality I approve of."

Prose smirks slyly. "Ah, but who said they deprived me of my career entirely?" he asks with a mischievous little twinkle in his eye. "When a noble hears a Shadowbolt retired, they think that's the end of that. They don't bother to ask questions about what retirement for Shadowbolts actually entails..."

"You don't need to influence it if you and the ones you deal with are outside of it, though. In the case of events that take place outside of civilization, a badge won't do you much good anyway. For those that do...does it matter so much where the help comes from, as long as it's there?"
    "Of course, it certain does help for an adventuring group to have some authority and powerful backing behind it. Or within it," Prose muses aloofly. "Once can operate outside a system and still draw power and influence from the system to aid in your operations. Assistance, intel, resources, so on and so forth."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    -And I kid you not, he asked 'so it's bad?' Lone Star facehoofed before setting down their mugs. I mean c'mon, he don't gotta tell ya it's bad when the bone is sticking out! Good news: his wing was fine. Bad news: the doctor's wasn't.
    Esmeralda giggled with the story, her indigo eyes twinkling with mirth. "Sounds like somepony just failed a critical common sense check," she said with glee. As soon as Lone Star set the mugs down, she lifted a mug into the air and started sipping carefully. After a few moments, she spoke again, this time in a more sombre tone, "Star. Do you ever have... I mean, have you ever thought of... hmm... have you ever stopped to reconsider our relationship?"

"It seems more like he's trying to bribe me off..." Fox whispered, glancing at Balboa. Despite Fox's whispering, Balboa would have heard it anyway, but the older stallion said nothing in comment.

When Icy opened up the box she would come to see a silver and gold hoof bracelet with a series of beautiful marquise cut gems of if an ice blue color. Icy would recognize this as the Heart of Valhalla, or Ice Stone, a rare gem that was only found in the mountains of Valhalla. A gem thought to have been destroyed by Iron Hoove's strike against Valhalla. It held a novel property of being cold to the touch.
    Not only that. It was also prized as a magical ingredient in certain powerful spells. But that was a tale for another time.

As soon as Icy glimpsed the contents of the box, the trio could hear her breath catching in her throat, a hoof raised to cover her mouth as her own eyes widened with surprise and wonder. There she stared at the box wordlessly for several long moments. Then, without a word, she got to her hooves, and rushed over to Balbao to capture him in a great big hug, the box following along in midair. "... thank you..." she whispered softly.

Dat Park
    Gearstride smiled and nuzzled at her beau. "Them here's Mason, Rafter, and Purlin." Two stallions and a mare respectfully. "They helped built the stage, and a couple of the set pieces." Gearstride introduced as 'heys' were given in tow.
    Silverpine had to fake smoothing down his uniform to regain his composure, before nodding at the three. "Pleasure to meet y'all. I s'pose most of the work has already done?"

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda giggled with the story, her indigo eyes twinkling with mirth. "Sounds like somepony just failed a critical common sense check," she said with glee. As soon as Lone Star set the mugs down, she lifted a mug into the air and started sipping carefully. After a few moments, she spoke again, this time in a more sombre tone, "Star. Do you ever have... I mean, have you ever thought of... hmm... have you ever stopped to reconsider our relationship?"
    Lone Star stared at her for a few moments before tilting his head. ...I don't follow.

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy would easily remove the casing over the totally not a re-purposed fuse box. Sandy, along with Night Jewel and Prompter would see an odd looking fuzzy...black fuzz ball just nestled there in the corner inside.....
    Sandy thrust back the panel and winced as he felt...absolutely nothing. No storm of static electricity, no ancient curses sleeping in the panel awakened by their foalish tampering, no nothing. "Huh. Now that don't seem right..." He frowned and scratched his chin. Carefully, he hovered up a stick off the ground and lightly poked the fuzzball.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's possible, but difficult. You can't simply walk into an assassin school and ask for tips. Well, wait. Actually, you technically can, it just requires a specific political leaning."
    "That is assuming that there are no books published on the subject. I do not think there are many illiterate authors, so they could have read it from some book."

"Do assassins really just write their tips 'n tricks down in books?"

"If they do not, then this book was clearly not by an actual assassin anyway."

"We could split up, maybe. Get the best of both worlds. Brains and Terra get worldly, and you and me can party it up."

At that moment, Arvadraa and Starbeam exchange a series of rapid expressions before falling back to their standards. While brief, the gist of it is essentially:

Please don't let them burn down the town.

I'm not going to let them burn down the town.

"Can I come with you?" Her tone indicates she's prepared to present a ten-page essay on the whys of her decision, but isn't sure it's necessary yet.
    Blades laughed. "Of course! I'm not keepin' ya from yar sister! Just as long as ya don't get too... well... magic-y in what ya're talkin' 'bout, okay?"

She then looked over Arvadraa carefully. "Make sure ya're warm enough, 'Vadraa! I don't want to find ya as an ice sculpture out there."

"If she needed warmth, I could draw up magma and-"

"If ya burn her, I'll make yar ribs into silverware."

"...Got it."

And so, after a bit of time for preparation, the two groups would go their separate ways.

"I might as well stick up for him. He's not forceful and he's monogamous. You don't have anything to worry about. Unless you actually decide to make a move. I don't recommend that one; he has this thing about accumulating enemies and dangerous circumstances and his love interests have the life expectancy of goldfish." The last sentence comes out sharper than a blade, like someone trying too hard to make it sound like the words aren't causing them pain.
    "A dead harem, then. Unpleasant for both sides of the arrangement." Blueshield grimaced. "And he is still trying? After a time, one might expect a pony of such misfortune would either find an exception or give up upon realizing none exists."

The batpony shrugs. "In those cases, my non-lethal combat training comes in handy. A chokehold or well-placed kick can lay out many a combatant, especially those who don't know how to be a proper combatant."
    Blueshield nodded. "Exquisite. It is always useful to have means of subduing instead of slaying. I often use sedatives or electrified bodkins for that purpose."

Prose smirks slyly. "Ah, but who said they deprived me of my career entirely?" he asks with a mischievous little twinkle in his eye. "When a noble hears a Shadowbolt retired, they think that's the end of that. They don't bother to ask questions about what retirement for Shadowbolts actually entails..."
    "And what exactly does it entail?"

"Of course, it certain does help for an adventuring group to have some authority and powerful backing behind it. Or within it," Prose muses aloofly. "Once can operate outside a system and still draw power and influence from the system to aid in your operations. Assistance, intel, resources, so on and so forth."
    "True. However, when it is necessary to correct issues within the system, you either work within the system to correct it or take it down and replace it with a new one. The former requires influence. The latter requires open revolt."

Night Jewel looked intrigued. "Wow! What is that thing? Is it alive? A lot of animals would die stuck inside this kind of thing, but if it were adaptable enough... I hope it's a rat. They're such nice creatures."

Sandy thrust back the panel and winced as he felt...absolutely nothing. No storm of static electricity, no ancient curses sleeping in the panel awakened by their foalish tampering, no nothing. "Huh. Now that don't seem right..." He frowned and scratched his chin. Carefully, he hovered up a stick off the ground and lightly poked the fuzzball.
    "Careful! You don't want it to explode or something!"

Night Jewel chuckled a bit, then shook her head. "Oh well, carry on. That's pretty much what I wanted to do anyway."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades laughed. "Of course! I'm not keepin' ya from yar sister! Just as long as ya don't get too... well... magic-y in what ya're talkin' 'bout, okay?"

She then looked over Arvadraa carefully. "Make sure ya're warm enough, 'Vadraa! I don't want to find ya as an ice sculpture out there."

"If she needed warmth, I could draw up magma and-"

"If ya burn her, I'll make yar ribs into silverware."

"...Got it."

And so, after a bit of time for preparation, the two groups would go their separate ways.
    "You don't have to worry." Arvadraa assures them. "According to Horne, the insulation my shadowskin provides should work on cold as well as heat. Whatever that means. I think it means snow won't give me hypothermia as easily. I wouldn't know."

As they part, Stellar decides to default to the opener that she finds the most interesting. "...What kind of silverware? I mean, I could see spoons, knives, maybe even forks, but could you pull plates, too? Ooh, or maybe a cutting board!"

Meanwhile, Arvadraa and Flare are joined by Seeker for their trip, the owl having picked up a miniature scarf at some point when we was wherever forgotten animal companions go. "It's nice, I think. The snow. I don't think I've ever seen it like this before. In the forest, it's mostly the aftereffects of whatever a weather team makes, so it's not as well-kept."

"A dead harem, then. Unpleasant for both sides of the arrangement." Blueshield grimaced. "And he is still trying? After a time, one might expect a pony of such misfortune would either find an exception or give up upon realizing none exists."
    "He's gotten better. I think he even has a speech prepared. Something like an oath of service, but more along the lines of 'if you want to stay near me, know what you're getting into'. I just...I don't know. After all he's been through, I'd say he deserves to be happy. But life doesn't leave some of us alone, you know? I'd say he needs to work with what he knows he has, but none of us now can really offer that specific kind of companionship.

I'm getting off track, though. We're not exactly up here to listen to me whine about the universe supposedly conspiring against my dad."

[Clouds Above Bridle Shores] "Of course, it certain does help for an adventuring group to have some authority and powerful backing behind it. Or within it," Prose muses aloofly. "Once can operate outside a system and still draw power and influence from the system to aid in your operations. Assistance, intel, resources, so on and so forth."
    "That makes sense. At the least it explains why Rigmund and Moonshine operate like that even when they complain about it so much."

"True. However, when it is necessary to correct issues within the system, you either work within the system to correct it or take it down and replace it with a new one. The former requires influence. The latter requires open revolt."
    "I'd go so far as to say the real problem is that we're pretty much incapable of making a flawless balance between tyranny and anarchy. Most governments straddle a middle ground, but it's like a toss-up between which one you're most comfortable with."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Icy's Pad

Balboa sported a startled look at the hug, something he did not account for. For all the things Balboa accounted for, with back up plan after back up plan throughout his life, a hug from this mare was not one of them. He didn't know what to do at first but then soon he just went with it and returned the hug. At the moment, Fox's face was frozen in herp derp confusion.
    =====

The Bridle Shores Park

"Indeed mister....on a little short break right, afterwards do some final inspections, but I'm 100 percent sure in our craftmanship, why, with names like ours, its almost a guarantee in itself hahah." The stallion named Rafter chuckled.

"So, what are you folks doing here anyway? From what Miss Gearstride told us, yer part of some airship crew?" The mare, Purlin asked.
    --

As Sandy touched the fuzzball, it suddenly shifted as hundreds upon hundreds of daddy longlegs scrambled in a mini explosion of scurrying!

"Eeek!" Prompter yelped and jumped backwards.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Night Jewel looked intrigued. "Wow! What is that thing? Is it alive? A lot of animals would die stuck inside this kind of thing, but if it were adaptable enough... I hope it's a rat. They're such nice creatures."

"Careful! You don't want it to explode or something!"

Night Jewel chuckled a bit, then shook her head. "Oh well, carry on. That's pretty much what I wanted to do anyway."
    "Wouldn't surprise me if it did..." Sandy muttered as he poked it one last time...

As Sandy touched the fuzzball, it suddenly shifted as hundreds upon hundreds of daddy longlegs scrambled in a mini explosion of scurrying!

"Ack! Ain't a rat, it ain't a rat!" Sandy beat at the spidery horde with his stick, frantically trying to corral them away from the other ponies and towards the park proper. "Stay back! Everythin's under control!" he called to Night Jewel and Prompter, his magic kicking up some sand - secreted away in his pack, of course - to buffet the spiders.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You don't have to worry." Arvadraa assures them. "According to Horne, the insulation my shadowskin provides should work on cold as well as heat. Whatever that means. I think it means snow won't give me hypothermia as easily. I wouldn't know."
    "Good. Just makin' sure. See ya!"

As they part, Stellar decides to default to the opener that she finds the most interesting. "...What kind of silverware? I mean, I could see spoons, knives, maybe even forks, but could you pull plates, too? Ooh, or maybe a cutting board!"
    Blades put a hoof to her chin. "Depends. It's kind of harder to put more on bones than to carve off 'em, so ya've gotta work with their shapes if ya don't want to waste as much. For a lot of bones, ya get long, thin shapes, but skulls give rounder shapes like bowls or cups..."

Meanwhile, Arvadraa and Flare are joined by Seeker for their trip, the owl having picked up a miniature scarf at some point when we was wherever forgotten animal companions go. "It's nice, I think. The snow. I don't think I've ever seen it like this before. In the forest, it's mostly the aftereffects of whatever a weather team makes, so it's not as well-kept."
    "I see. It must not have been pleasant having to live off of the leftovers of others even when it comes to weather. Still, you did get some snow, which is more than can be said of me." Flare chuckled a bit. "For some reason, weather does not happen much a thousand... some unit of distance... below the ground."

"He's gotten better. I think he even has a speech prepared. Something like an oath of service, but more along the lines of 'if you want to stay near me, know what you're getting into'. I just...I don't know. After all he's been through, I'd say he deserves to be happy. But life doesn't leave some of us alone, you know? I'd say he needs to work with what he knows he has, but none of us now can really offer that specific kind of companionship.
    "Some ponies are simply not permitted to make the connections they desire." Blueshield sighed and shook her head. "It is difficult to make do with what you can get, but it is also a tragedy to keep reaching for the impossible."

I'm getting off track, though. We're not exactly up here to listen to me whine about the universe supposedly conspiring against my dad."
    "If you would prefer, I could whinge about my own familial situation."

"I'd go so far as to say the real problem is that we're pretty much incapable of making a flawless balance between tyranny and anarchy. Most governments straddle a middle ground, but it's like a toss-up between which one you're most comfortable with."
    "It is indeed impossible to achieve perfection, with all given power and punishment exactly as they deserve it. But we must always improve. Eventually, it is possible to achieve adequacy, if not flawlessness. Unfortunately, what is good enough for one pony is not good enough for all."

"Wouldn't surprise me if it did..." Sandy muttered as he poked it one last time...

"Ack! Ain't a rat, it ain't a rat!" Sandy beat at the spidery horde with his stick, frantically trying to corral them away from the other ponies and towards the park proper. "Stay back! Everythin's under control!" he called to Night Jewel and Prompter, his magic kicking up some sand - secreted away in his pack, of course - to buffet the spiders.
    Night Jewel recoiled in alarm. "Yah! Well, at least it's not scorpions..."

After a moment to collect herself, she took out a pouch to try to catch as many stray technically-not-spiders as she could.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"And what exactly does it entail?"
    Purple Prose merely gives her a sly look, smirking a bit. "Sorry, that's classified."

He then leans back a bit, listening to the discussions of political systems and family situations. In regards to the latter, he merely gives an aloof shrug. "Eh, mine's boring."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades put a hoof to her chin. "Depends. It's kind of harder to put more on bones than to carve off 'em, so ya've gotta work with their shapes if ya don't want to waste as much. For a lot of bones, ya get long, thin shapes, but skulls give rounder shapes like bowls or cups..."
    "Come to think of it, a pony skull is shaped kind of like a bellows, isn't it? Or is that a stretch?"

"If you're considering mausoleum chic - and I cringe as I say this - cutting smaller bones in half, replacing the marrow with wax, and connecting most with adhesive, plus a few chains, makes a surprisingly stable chandelier. Which, as we all know, doubles as a trap. Just...if you must be collecting bones, I suggest a graveyard. The margins aren't much, but it is less likely to end badly."

"Jeez, since when do you have a dark mind?"

"This isn't original. I once had a necromancer put me in a forcecage only to give me an hour-long speech about how gravedigging and interior decorating were closely interconnected."

"I see. It must not have been pleasant having to live off of the leftovers of others even when it comes to weather. Still, you did get some snow, which is more than can be said of me." Flare chuckled a bit. "For some reason, weather does not happen much a thousand... some unit of distance... below the ground."
    Arvadraa frowns. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to remind you about that place. Some memories are better left in the past, too easy to dwell on. I've had to spend some time connecting things to new things, so that they don't remind me of what I don't have, but what I do. If that makes any sense. Like...maybe now you'll associate snow with walking, or talking, or searching, or even me. And if not, it's still something to work on."

"Some ponies are simply not permitted to make the connections they desire." Blueshield sighed and shook her head. "It is difficult to make do with what you can get, but it is also a tragedy to keep reaching for the impossible."

"If you would prefer, I could whinge about my own familial situation."
    "I wouldn't mind if you did. But that's only if you really want to."

Purple Prose merely gives her a sly look, smirking a bit. "Sorry, that's classified."
    "I'm gonna take a wild stab and say that SB retirement is 90% trolling us civilians and 10% kicking back and grinning when they start making conspiracy theories." She sticks out her tongue playfully at him.

He then leans back a bit, listening to the discussions of political systems and family situations. In regards to the latter, he merely gives an aloof shrug. "Eh, mine's boring."
    "That must be a relief. Even the declassified stuff you deal with has got to provide more than enough trouble, I'll bet."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy's Pad

Balboa sported a startled look at the hug, something he did not account for. For all the things Balboa accounted for, with back up plan after back up plan throughout his life, a hug from this mare was not one of them. He didn't know what to do at first but then soon he just went with it and returned the hug. At the moment, Fox's face was frozen in herp derp confusion.
    The mare stayed wrapped around Balboa's shoulders for a few more moments, before finally releasing her hold, stepping back to wipe dab back some tears that had mysteriously appeared. "It's... quite precious, Mr. Balbao. Thank you," she said, taking a deep breath. "May I ask how did you manage to obtain so many? Its... value, it's incalculable."

The Bridle Shores Park

"Indeed mister....on a little short break right, afterwards do some final inspections, but I'm 100 percent sure in our craftmanship, why, with names like ours, its almost a guarantee in itself hahah." The stallion named Rafter chuckled.

"So, what are you folks doing here anyway? From what Miss Gearstride told us, yer part of some airship crew?" The mare, Purlin asked.
    Silverpine nodded. "Aye. The good ship Cirrus. We... ah... have stopped for an extended stay, apparently."

Lone Star stared at her for a few moments before tilting his head. ...I don't follow.
    "Well..." Esmeralda seemed uncharacteristically apprehensive. "... this holiday... it reminds me. What it was like to be alone." Mare really had a tendency to have her moods swing wildly.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

"Well..." Esmeralda seemed uncharacteristically apprehensive. "... this holiday... it reminds me. What it was like to be alone." Mare really had a tendency to have her moods swing wildly.
    Lone Star smiled at her. Well, you're not alone anymore, are you? You have me. Icy. Fox Trot or Hay Bale, in a pinch.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star smiled at her. Well, you're not alone anymore, are you? You have me. Icy. Fox Trot or Hay Bale, in a pinch.
    "... yes. I suppose." Esmeralda blinked, then facehoofed, shaking her head. "I just... I guess I'm being silly now. Or maybe I just need to get out more."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

"... yes. I suppose." Esmeralda blinked, then facehoofed, shaking her head. "I just... I guess I'm being silly now. Or maybe I just need to get out more."
    Lone Star chuckled. We can go out now, if you like.

Extended Sig