Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Rise of Tenzin IC

Over the past few days, each of you received a letter from the Mayor of Tenzin, requesting that you come to his office on this day, at this time. You all make your way through the town, passing the shoddy buildings, and the sweaty Jade miners as the return home from their day at work. Most of you are well known, and are met with either respect... or fear.

The Mayor's office itself sits on the second floor of City Hall, a large domed building near the center of Tenzin. The secretary within seems to be expecting you all, and lets you in with a wave of her hand.

Sitting behind a hardwood desk inside the office is Mayor Mnemom Attis. The Earth-Aspect is a mountain of a man, with a long mane of blonde hair. Each of you knows of him, mostly by reputation. Despite being called Mayor, he wasn't actually elected. After the fall of House Mnemon several years ago, when their Matriarch's bid for the Scarlet Throne ended... badly... Attis took those men who would follow him and brought some stability to the small town by force. Though since then, he has slowly been losing control.

He nods as you all enter, and the door closes behind you. "Thank you all for coming. As I'm sure you're all aware, this town is constantly on the verge of collapse into anarchy." His voice is authoritative, though not overly unkind. "Over the past few weeks, a group of outlaws has been harassing the Jade mines. The Marshall has already clashed with them before, I believe." He pauses for a moment, then stands from his desk and walks around to the front.

"I know that most of you are Exalted, in some fashion or another. And with my own forces sorely depleted, I've come to you for help. Normally I wouldn't consort with... Anathema..." He says the last word with a noticeable amount of malice. "But I have no other choice. Help me with this, and I won't banish you from the town. Or worse." The confidence with which he speaks in staggering, especially given how hilariously outnumbered he is. He raises an eyebrow, a small smirk on his face. "Any questions?"
    Last edited by horus42; 2013-12-13 at 04:08 PM.

"What is it they say about how nothing can stop the mail?"
    "Isn't it: In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall... No, wait. That's the Green Lantern Oath."
    Check out my new Deviantart!

Quote Originally Posted by Kell_tamer
    Horus, I love you so so much you magnificent Egyptian pony god man!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Rise of Tenzin IC

"...You got steel on you, boy?"
    The Marshal's hand falls to his sidearm, a grim grin showing blackened and cracked teeth. He's wearing his skin today, but for some reason the magic never quite reaches his smile.
    "I suppose Jade'll suffice. But you've got some stones acting like we're your errand boys and throwing around language like that. And you know I hate to shoot an unarmed man."
    Pausing the Marshal glances about the room. A few of the native trackers. That pint size with the sun in her eyes. He thumbs the hammer back on his revolver with a dull but resounding click. The weapon stays holstered however, and his thumb stays down, ready to slide the gun back into a mostly harmless waiting position.
    "Unless of course y'all have objection. Not sure I can drop a room full of ya. Leastways not from this close together."
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt
    PBP

3. - Top - End - #3

Raziel quirks a smile. Even a year removed, he knows well the Dynast propensity for arrogance. Attis' position was far from enviable, save compared to the rest of his family. Besides, one could not wipe away a millennium of Realm propaganda overnight. Raziel himself sometimes wondered as to its truthfulness. He suppresses his mirth and holds up a hand for calm. "I'd like a general idea of their camp's location, should you know it." Raziel's daiklave remains sheathed at his belt. Attis may be a tool, but his presence brought some measure of order to Tenzin. Only innocents would be hurt by his death.
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2013-12-12 at 10:06 PM.
    River Tam avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #4

Little Tepin looked around as she entered the town. She had come from a village where the First Age still had some lingerings. This town was more of a rough collection of shelters. That this was the way the people lived squeezed against the little god king's heart.

She listened intently to the mayor. A man of foundation, unshakable in his beliefs it seemed. She could respect that. While he seemed to not like her all that much she bore him no ill will. He wanted to protect his own, and that was noble.

"Has diplomacy been tried? An extended open hand is sometimes more effective than a closed striking fist..."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man with little more than dirt and rags, long jet black dreads, stares the young Attis down. We will need a dozen horses Mayor. Beasts with strong backs and swift hooves,said more as a statement than a question.
    Last edited by BrotherLeonidas; 2013-12-12 at 07:31 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGirl

Divyanshi tilts her head as she listens to the Mayor speak. Apparently he was more well informed about her than she thought, which made her uncomfortable. She had evidently underestimated him, a mistake which she did not intend to repeat.

When Tepin spoke, a soft smile spread over her lips. She was so proud of her young protege. She placed her hands on Tepin's shoulders and said, "A noble sentiment, darling, but a naive one. Some people only understand brute strength. Try not to forget that, despite wanting to see the best in people."

She then turned her attention to the Mayor. "Do you have any more information about what these outlaws are capable of? What exactly have they been doing?"

7. - Top - End - #7

Mayor Attis goes back to his desk, chuckling slightly. "I'm a bit flattered, Marshal. But there's no need for us to fight. For the moment, we both want the same thing." The man's arrogance is astounding. But it's commonly known through the town that it would one day be his downfall.

"As for the rest of your questions, they're holed up in a ranch a few miles to the east of town. It's impossible to miss. I've tried arranging a... well bribe isn't quite the right word, but a payment for them them to leave our town. They refused. Your adviser is right about brute strength, I think."

He pauses, then pulls a stack of papers out of his desk. "These are reports that my men filed, detailing what exactly the outlaws have been doing. They've killed over a dozen miners, and at least as many of my security forces. And they've stolen massive amounts of Jade. It's bleeding the town dry, while they get rich." He clenches his fists, then looks away.

"I'll provide the horses for you, and whatever supplies you need. Just make sure this gets done."
    Last edited by horus42; 2013-12-13 at 04:09 PM.

"Isn't it: In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall... No, wait. That's the Green Lantern Oath."

8. - Top - End - #8

ClericGirl

The Chosen of Journeys rests her hand upon her chin for a moment.

"I see. Then I agree, they do need to be stopped. I assume we have complete autonomy in how we go about this?" Her yellow eyes meet the Mayor's, unflinchingly. She knew that he was a dangerous man, and had been Exalted far longer than she had, but she couldn't back down. He belonged to a disgraced and fallen House, whereas she had the resources of the entire Gold Faction, as well as all those who followed the young god-king in front of her.

If need be, she could have him removed. But she also hoped that it didn't come to that. Tepin wasn't ready to assume control of the town just yet, after all. And Attis' remaining forces could tear the city apart before the Zenith could solidify her rule. So she resolved to wait, until the proper time.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

With a slight shrug the Marshal slides the hammer back to rest and lifts his hand from his revolver.
    "Next time, boy. For now I'll go keep the peace. Got my own horse. Not sure I trust whatever tired nags you'll dig up for us."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deception Piercing Stare on everything the mayor just said.
    Spoiler
    Show
    PBP

10. - Top - End - #10

Tepin nods at the statement. "While you may not have won them over with your generosity, I would still like to try my method before more bloodshed occurs. " Violence may be a necessary evil in this world, after all her studies have shown even their patron knows combat for the sake of protection, however she truly wished to utilize peace before it.
    If these men were skilled enough to keep a Dragon back, they could always prove to be great allies if they could be persuaded. Despite her adviser's warning her, she still let the idealized thought move through her head.

Maybe it would work...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

The dark skinned man turns to leave, resting his hand on the Marshal's shoulder while giving him a slow nod. Silent feet traverse the wooden floors, the once upon a time vagabond grabs his warped walking stick upon exiting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inevitable Spoor Discovery (4m-personal) on the Mayors office (specifically the door way), dice roll coming soon.
    Last edited by BrotherLeonidas; 2013-12-13 at 11:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Raziel smiles at his young Circlemate. Her pure optimism shone in stark contrast to his own outlook. He turns away from her and steeples his fingers in contemplation. "Perhaps we might split the difference. A show of force from a half-dozen Exalts might persuade the bandits to pursue peaceful negotiations." Raziel turns to his intrepid secretary. "Any thoughts, Zhu Lia?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"I can ask around." she says, simply. "But it sounds like brute force might be the correct plan."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #14

Spoiler: Marshal
    Show
    Everything that he said was true.

Attis nods in Divyanshi's direction. "Yes, you're free to go about this in any manner you see fit, as long as it gets done. If this means quelling them into leaving with a show of force, or killing them all, then so be it."

He waves a hand towards the door, to let you all know that you're dismissed. As you all make your way out of his office, a few of the people milling about City Hall nod in your direction, as if to give unspoken thanks. It seems like everyone knows why you came.

When you reach the exit, a young man with dark skin and a shaved head is waiting for you. He nods politely as you leave the building. "Hello, my name is Rashid Yusuf. Mayor Attis has told me to be your guide, and to provide you with any supplies you might need. How can I help you?"

Evidently the request for the dozen horses hadn't made its way down the ladder yet.

15. - Top - End - #15

Tepin being ever polite, bows to the man before them. "We thank you for your service, I feel it will be most useful! I am Tepin of the Xōchitl tribe, of the Five Nations. It's a pleasure to meet you!" As she rises he can see she has a warm genuine smile upon her face. The girl is clearly a people person and one might question what she is doing on such a dangerous mission. How could someone so sweet looking possibly be a vile Blasphemous, if they were indeed truly vile as the faith indicated?

16. - Top - End - #16

Raziel inclines his head. "Thank you kindly, Rashid. Tell me, are you familiar with the ranch where these bandits hide?" Despite his reformation, he still tends to focus on the problem to be solved first and foremost. Meanwhile, Raziel flicks through some of the reports Attis handed over in the hopes of gathering more information.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Steward steps forward his firm hand resting on the shoulder of the small Tepin. Lips wait for the guide to respond.

18. - Top - End - #18

ClericGirl

Divyanshi remains silent, and stands behind Tepin. A small smile plays across her lips as she listens. It sometimes astounded her just how young the Zenith was. But it was a comfort, nevertheless. She showed humility and grace, even before someone who the Dragon-Blooded mayor had obviously written off as a simple servant. She reached over and gently squeezed Tepin's shoulder, an unspoken sign of approval.

19. - Top - End - #19

Rashid nods before he speaks again. "A pleasure to meet you as well." He smiles slightly, then continues. "I am familiar with the ranch, yes. I can take you there now, if you're ready."

20. - Top - End - #20

Tepin nods to Rashid. "I believe my friends requested horses, but I do not mind walking. "

"Is there anything you can tell us about these bandits? Are they just a group of people? Have they made a deal with a Spirit or Spirit blood, or anything of the sort?"

21. - Top - End - #21

Raziel makes contemplative noises. ""I appreciate that, but my interest laid more in the ranch's layout, any information that might be tactically useful."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"We don't need to know anything more. They're criminals. We're going to stop them. First with words. Then when that fails, I'm going to shoot them in their hearts."
    Sticking two thin bony fingers into his mouth the Marshal blows a sharp whistle. After a moments wait a dappled grey horse barrels down the street, charging through rather then around the passers by. Thankfully, by now the majority of the townsfolk have learned that the Marshal's signals mean to clear the street. Grabbing a hold of the saddle he hauls himself up.
    "Would anyone prefer a ride?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    PBP

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Stareater stumbles out of the way as the steed barrels in. He turns back to the child and her guide "The girl has chosen her path, but the wise must know more. How far from town does this nest of vipers lie?"

24. - Top - End - #24

Rashid listens to the questions, before he speaks again. "They have made no deals with spirits. But the truth is far worse. Their leader is Chosen of the Dragons, and powerful at that."

He then pauses, and takes a scroll out of a pouch at his waist. "Here is a map, which details how far out of twon the ranch is, as well as giving a vague layout."

Inspection of the map reveals that the ranch is a little over ten miles outside of Tenzin. Also, there isn't much there. A large house and barn, about two hundred yards apart, and a large fenced-in pasture which presumably contains the cattle and horses.

25. - Top - End - #25

"Which dragon does his blood stem from?" The young one looks up at Rashid. "If we know that we might be able to figure out how to properly approach this."

26. - Top - End - #26

ClericGirl

Divyanshi ponders over this for a moment. "And Mayor Attis didn't tell us this himself because...?" She trails off, expecting Rashid to provide an answer, should he know it.

This didn't sit well with her. If Attis was leaving them in the dark about anything, there had to be some reason behind it. She didn't want to dwell on what that reason might be.

27. - Top - End - #27

Rashid looks to Divyanshi first. "I don't know the answer to that. Perhaps he simply expected me to tell you, as I have done."

He then turns his attention back to Tepin. "She carries the blood of Hesiesh. Or so I've been told. I've never actually seen her before."

28. - Top - End - #28

ClericGirl

Divyanshi nods, then says "I believe that's everything we needed to know. Rashid, if you'd be so kind as to show us the way."

She went to the posts standing outside the door of City Hall, and untied her Claw Strider, before hopping up to mount it. "Tepin, do you want to ride with me?"

29. - Top - End - #29

The little one smiles and shakes her head. "I much prefer walking, the exercise is good. Thank you though." She smiles at the woman who has been advising her.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

A prince of the earth becomes a thorn in the lions paw. Braver souls than i should confront this woman, no no my path lies here.The old man rambles to the sky and chuckles.I will send my spirits to watch over such young souls.Madhi, wooden stick in hand, quickly wanders off.