New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Teddy's Twofold Tempestuous and Tranquil Random Banter #202

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Cards Against Humanity, eh? Such a horrible game. I'm not nearly horrible enough to play it.
    *takes 1d6 unholy damage from exposure*
    I thought... you've.... huh? How'd you.... know? You... must have played it.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

My Demon Cat has crawled inside a paper bag and is sleeping on top of a pile of leaflets and things. Why she's doing that when she has a settee, two chairs, and a blanket pile in just one room out of the entire house I don't know.
    But I have come to accept that Her Ladyship is made of strange whims and her motives will never be known to mere humans.
    Also, I found a skinny woolly jumper I can wear!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    My Demon Cat has crawled inside a paper bag and is sleeping on top of a pile of leaflets and things. Why she's doing that when she has a settee, two chairs, and a blanket pile in just one room out of the entire house I don't know.
    But I have come to accept that Her Ladyship is made of strange whims and her motives will never be known to mere humans.

I always believed it to be a variation on "if I fits, I sits," either extended to all paper products or just anything sufficiently small cave or cranny-like.

What does that mean, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Cards Against Humanity, eh? Such a horrible game. I'm not nearly horrible enough to play it.
    *takes 1d6 unholy damage from exposure*
    Mah Boi! This Hilarity is what all true warriors strive for!

I wonder what's for dinner.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-12-17 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #154

I always believed it to be a variation on "if I fits, I sits," either extended to all paper products or just anything sufficiently small cave or cranny-like.

What does that mean, exactly?
    I don't question anything a cat does, because cats are cats.

It means Curly has evolved material that will protect her from the harsh weather.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

For some reason there is wi-fi in my shop and nobody told me about it. Odd...

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Or, if you leave the door open when you're taking a shower, she'll try to get in with you.
    My sister's cat apparently does the same thing. He also manages to escape when it rains only to come back saturated and irritated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental
    I'll try to be more ſane with my letter choices later.
    It is difficult to take you seriously when your combination of older and newer fonts causes all of your 's's to look like 'f's.

I personally prefer hardwood floors. They are nicer to walk on and look better in my opinion.

How old is the poor fluff? I feel like this parting of ways may be tragic for him, and that kidnap would be a mercy. For in my captivity, he would be assured of companionship, and that good use would be made of every square inch of that fluff.
    Poor? I take good care of the fellow. He is two years old, but by the time I manage to get into uni he should be three or four. I was giving you plenty of time to devise an effective birdnapping strategy. Though looking at all the snow, Storm may find it too cold there.

He seems to be content with flying around my room now, so no more feathery crashes for him thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I'm doing a transcription of the order of the stick comic. I have about 536 left to do, and am trying to get some helpers, but it's mostly just me.
    Wow, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Punk rock space Buddha ... Which it seems I cannot retrieve at this time.
    That sounds amazing!

(pictues)
    I like these pictures.

@Curly Most cats I have met are like that. They also seem to like paper and cardboard best when it comes to things upon which to sit.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

6. - Top - End - #156

Because new napping location!
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, guys... I'm going to be pretty much non-existent on the forums until next Monday evening, and I'll probably be here sobbing around on Christmas eve and day, and after that I'll be very much non-existent again. I have assignments, I have a stressful amount of stress that I can't handle right now, at all. My deadline on the 23rd is killing me and I'll be reading and writing my ass off until then, only to begin writing two other assignments due in January plus lesson planning, and after the assignments it's straight to my 6-7 week placement block... I will not have a holiday until Easter...

I am so done with everything right now and would just prefer not to exist for the next few months. So. Yeah. If I pop by it's likely because I'm fried from whatever work I have and need my time of complete ignorance of the real world.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    That sounds amazing!
    You can find it here.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2013-12-18 at 11:03 AM.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

9. - Top - End - #159

Ok, guys... I'm going to be pretty much non-existent on the forums until next Monday evening, and I'll probably be here sobbing around on Christmas eve and day, and after that I'll be very much non-existent again. I have assignments, I have a stressful amount of stress that I can't handle right now, at all. My deadline on the 23rd is killing me and I'll be reading and writing my ass off until then, only to begin writing two other assignments due in January plus lesson planning, and after the assignments it's straight to my 6-7 week placement block... I will not have a holiday until Easter...

I am so done with everything right now and would just prefer not to exist for the next few months. So. Yeah. If I pop by it's likely because I'm fried from whatever work I have and need my time of complete ignorance of the real world.
    Oh dear

*Sends hugs and support* Good luck Finn! I'll be rooting for you on the sidelines, as always.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Aww... I'll miss you.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Good luck enduring the huge piles of work, paper and otherwise.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

@Finn: Aw... Good luck on your work and your placement... stay sane.

Speaking of arts! I completely forgot to post my fishes that I was painting a while ago! Who was that that wanted to see those??

ION: Paintings for christmas are finally commencing...now if only I could get them done in time...and I need to start working on my character for a certain D & D game. Christmas is coming!
    Oooh, me! And probably other people too.

Yessssss..... the game is approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    Lie? But we do have good beaches! They're not on the same level as some beautiful beach in the tropics, but the Cape, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket are all very fine places to go relax near the water during the summer. Certainly they're nice to a Canadian who lives near the arctic circle.
    Hey, my old drummer's family is from Nantucket! I hear it's a wonderful place, and full of horribly dirty limericks.

Spoiler: Red fish
    Show

Spoiler: Blue fish
    Show

Spoiler: Brown fish
    Show

Spoiler: New fish
    Show
    These are damn impressive.

ION: And I'm done for the semester. And my roommate's already left and I have the room to myself and this is wonderful in so many ways.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-12-17 at 10:28 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

And I'm done for the semester. And my roommate's already left and I have the room to myself and this is wonderful in so many ways.
    Most excellent! What now?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Yessssss..... the game is approaching.

ION: And I'm done for the semester. And my roommate's already left and I have the room to myself and this is wonderful in so many ways.
    First off, let me know if you do Cards Against Humanity again while I'm on, it's fun.

I need to make my character, but I'm drawing an iguana....

He left? So you get your shelf back?
    Show
    You're my favorite.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Why are you cheering about Finn leaving? She seems depressed! I mean, she totally- What? You weren't talking about the corner? Something in "Ree-uhl... lyphe?" What kind of place is tha- Ooh! Shiny hyphens!

*rereads* Did I seriously type that?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    First off, let me know if you do Cards Against Humanity again while I'm on, it's fun.

I need to make my character, but I'm drawing an iguana....

He left? So you get your shelf back?
    Heheheh, indeed it is.

Hrm... I can help you come up with things, if you like. Shoot me PM or pop into the OOC thread with any and all ideas you have.

Damn, I'm surprised you remember that. Nah, we've since rearranged the room, and he's got stuff on his bed anyway. I have other places to put things now, although I'd certainly still make use of it if I could.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-12-17 at 10:59 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

I have assignments, I have a stressful amount of stress that I can't handle right now, at all.
    Good luck!

You can find it here.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Why are you cheering about Finn leaving? She seems depressed! I mean, she totally- What? You weren't talking about the corner? Something in "Ree-uhl... lyphe?" What kind of place is tha- Ooh! Shiny hyphens!

*rereads* Did I seriously type that?
    E? Well, with all that happened in a small corner, just imagine the possibilities now Drex has an entire room (possibly including multiple corners) to work with!

EDIT - typo
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2013-12-17 at 11:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

My brother, in an attempt to prove he couldn't draw all that well, drew both of these in 20 minutes apiece.

Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, SOME OF US IN THE FAMILY have the drawing ability of a seal on LSD.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2013-12-17 at 11:20 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    My brother, in an attempt to prove he couldn't draw all that well, drew both of these in 20 minutes apiece.

Spoiler
    Show

it cant be that bad, i have difficulty drawing anything more complex than a straight line
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

I heated up hotdogs from the freezer and just now have found out that they are expired by over a month and am feeling reeeeeeeally sick.

Finn's poofing for the holidays? Is sad. Good luck slogging, my dear!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show

... That took 20 minutes?

IRN: Still upset the site I use to host my images isn't working for me. I suppose I could link from Facebook, as I hate linking from deviantArt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

22. - Top - End - #172

... That took 20 minutes?
    Well, he was watching Conan O'Brien at the same time. Did I mention that this guy has never taken an art class outside of elementary school and that I hate him a little bit?
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, I know for sure that Halu isn't very fond of needles or drawing blood either, and I'm pretty sure there were two more who found Finns syringe staff a bit uncomfortable, but I don't remember who...

It was inteded to be put in relation to wounds in need of suturing, but I don't think I stressed that very well...

Ahh, by the way you phrased it, I thought you were a ninty-twoer as well. With this sentence in mind, I'm pretty sure you can guess my age relative to yours... ;3

I was thinking about throwing my sewing machine driver's license into the joke, but couldn't come up with any witty way of doing it...

Right... Sorry, I didn't sleep very much last night and mixed the words up in my head. But yes, the etymological equivalent of almanac in Swedish is a calendar in book format with extra lines for filling in appointments and such. Not the same as a calendar, but at least a bit closer to one...

I bet they didn't seal the cracks between the marble tiles very well...?

Meanwhile, to me it sounds like they're all ending early...

Heh, I keep reading your 'ſ's with a lisp. Also, I think switching back may be a good idea, going on for too long may not be entirely compatible with the rules against excessive formatting...
    That's right. I can't believe I forgot.

No, it was not particularly clear. But that's alright, communication difficulties are par for the course.

Well, if I was a ninety-twoer, I'd be older than DraPrime by about three weeks. Hence, he's almost a full year older than me, but falls short of the mark by twenty-three days.

Ahh... I had assumed you somehow misinterpreted what I had said.

That makes sense I suppose. Still, it would surprise me if you didn't have your own equivalent of the English definition as they were rather handy before the invention of the Internet.

*Verſailles. Can't believe I missed that one...
    I've got no idea. But they were concerned about it enough to change the floors and start a new trend in interior decorating.

On what possible world could ending a semester in January exist? Does Sweden exist on the other side of a dimensional barrier of some sort? Because that is a very unusual occurrence in my mind. I think it best not to have the exams straight after a break for Christmas.

Yeah... I do that too sometimes. They just look so much like f! And yes, I will be switching back, and have already done so. The work required slows down my typing slightly, inconveniencing me mildly.

WHY ELEMENTAL
    WHY

There are even more ways you could format your posts like early modern printing. Each one of which more strange and horrible. Look, if I want my eyes to hurt, I have daily access to a rare book room of books like that. It's only fun if psychoactive book molds accompany the experience. If you can find a way to transmit that in your posts, then I shall give you my nod. Otherwise... well let's just say that you'd better close your windows at night if you don't want to wake up covered in nibbles every day.
    Because one was up late, tired and sick, and one's mind wanders into strange places. Plus, I found myself unable to avoid explaining the original of the German double s when Cuthalion casually used one. Alſo, I like the long ſ.

Pſychoactive book moulds? Well, they're hard to render in a digital format, but I suppose I can put something together. But in the meantime, I'm reverting to the modern usage, as I had always intended, because to continue on the path of antiquated letter variation will lead only to madneſs. Plus, it's no fun without thorns.
    Alſo, I have already cleverly defeated any who would deſire to enter my room through the window and nibble me for I have a fly ſcreen! *evil laughter*
    I'll stop now...

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    That is good science. And they did try. Crumbs in space were dangerous to the rocket controls. And since space science is good for us all we got bread that does not drop too many crumbs. It is called english muffin bread. It is not a true english muffin. It tastes like it after toasting and butter though.

I am happy that you will not take weeks to heal.

The calendar needs a little more to make it special. Buy a ribbon and a good pen and a little bottle of hand sanitizer or a travel box of hand wipes. Tape the ribbon to the calendar and tape the pen and hand cleaner to the calendar. Add a card that says now you do not have to run for the baby book when she does something special. Write baby's first moments in here and write them down in the book later when you and baby are not going to spill anything dirty on the special pages.
    How very strange... I just wouldn't have packed the Astronauts sandwiches in their lunches...

As am I. Christmas is coming up, and I don't want to have to miss it.

Ribbon we have, but I doubt I'll be able to get down to the shops to acquire a nice pen. But in any case, I'll suggest that to my sister in law.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    • The main consumers of marijuana globally are horses.
    Okay, I know a lot of weird facts, but I did not know that one.

Dirty Limericks about well-endowed and perverse men from Nantucket.

Because there's no such thing as clean limericks.
    Or, you can go for the original version which can be published here:

There once was a man from Nantucket
    Who kept all his cash in a bucket.
    But his daughter, named Nan,
    Ran away with a man
    And as for the bucket, Nantucket.

As for the part about a lack of clean limericks, the point can be summed up in limerick form:

The limerick packs laughs anatomical,
    Into space that is quite economical,
    But the goods ones we've seen,
    So rarely are clean,
    And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

Not that there aren't good ones that are clean, they just seem to be less memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Is it because of my West Coast swag?
    I don't really know what that is, but I have a vague idea, so I'm going to say yes.

It's quite simple really, none of the other places are inside a paper bag.

It is difficult to take you seriously when your combination of older and newer fonts causes all of your 's's to look like 'f's.

I personally prefer hardwood floors. They are nicer to walk on and look better in my opinion.
    Well... Technically I didn't change fonts... I just copy-pasted the same long 's' over and over again. And besides, they don't look like 'f's as they are lacking in the cross bar. Okay... They look like 'f'...

Agreed. They are so much more cosy than tile.

I feel like the children from Mary Poppins when she announces that the tea party on the ceiling is over.
    I wish you the best of luck with everything and look forward to your return. In case I don't get an opportunity to say it later:
    Merry Christmas Finn. I'll get to work on that sparkling pony you wanted.
    It'll just take a while because I have to run across this field for some reason.

@Dimonite: Well, the issue comes down to who he's comparing himself to on the field of drawing well. Compared to Leonardo Da Vinci, he's terrible, compared to a seal on LSD, he's probably pretty good. I say probably because I've never met a seal on LSD before.
    As for my personal opinion, I cannot comment on the minotaur as my own ability to draw humanoids is non-existent. However, I will say the anatomy of that unicorn is a bit off. But I can barely draw an animate thing without a reference, so I can hardly be called an expert in the field.

@Wombat, the Apocalypse Marsupial: Those fishes are amazing. Now all you need to do is draw one fish and two fish, and the Universe will be complete.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, he was watching Conan O'Brien at the same time. Did I mention that this guy has never taken an art class outside of elementary school and that I hate him a little bit?
    I don't really get your point, to be totally honest. Also, Rain Dragon, here was the image I was talking about.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

25. - Top - End - #175

I am so sorry that we were not able to take more stress off of you.

E? Well, with all that happened in a small corner, just imagine the possibilities now Drex has an entire room (possibly including multiple corners) to work with!
    But the corner is still warm from FinnLassie! Amidus cannot move in yet.

I heated up hotdogs from the freezer and just now have found out that they are expired by over a month and am feeling reeeeeeeally sick.
    It may be no help to say that fresh hot dogs have also made me feel sick. Boiling or microwaving just does not seem to do enough any more.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic stupid View Post
    it cant be that bad, i have difficulty drawing anything more complex than a straight line
    At least if you can manage one straight line you can place several together to draw something more.

I don't really get your point, to be totally honest. Also, Rain Dragon, here was the image I was talking about.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. It looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    But the corner is still warm from FinnLassie! Amidus cannot move in yet.
    I wasn't implying Amidus should steal the corner back. I wasn't very clear, but I was talking more about Amidus' room in Amidus' post than RB's corner.

EDIT - typo
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2013-12-18 at 12:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    • The main consumers of marijuana globally are horses.
    I kinda wish that it was heroin instead (since heroin is often called 'horse'), then it'd be rather funny.

28. - Top - End - #178

I thought... you've.... huh? How'd you.... know? You... must have played it.
    I've witnessed it being played. It's weird.

Aww. Praying for you, Finn. *hugs*

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

29. - Top - End - #179
    Banned

*hugs* Best of luck Finn.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

@Finn: Hope you'll be okay over your break from around here. Stay safe.

Sounds like me... Housemate is leaving from I think Christmas Day until New Years Eve (or Day, one of the two). Yay for like a week alone to be mischievous!

ION: Sickness seems to have mostly abated. Still can't quite hit certain notes when I sing, usually the higher ones. But then again, I can hit the lower ones even easier than usual so eh. Still getting out of breath when I do that though.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!