New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Gramarist: SCIENCE! is Magic [Gramarie Discussion]

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    *300 HD thingie*
    I think I'm going to agree with Arcanist on that one if you get to a point in which you are stating this kind of creatures they can be somehow defeated, and as such the point is somehow lost, no stats might be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    @thethird: How would you feel for throwing in that Far Realm Infected Elementals generate materials that can be used to power the engines? Ex. Earth Infected creates Flesh, Water Infected creates Blood, maybe Infected Earth Necromental (bit of a stretch there I know) creates Bone.

Also, I do not know if I suggested it here on the boards, and not just the IRC, but what do people think of the idea that a biolurgical chassis requires food and produces waste when growing and or healing, while Hortistructure requires nutrients and produce waste when growing, healing, or creating fruit? This adds a bit of balance that one is not generating the matter spontaneously. This can be used to create a symbiotic loop, where the biolugical chassis creates waste that is consumed by the hortistructure. One can then create Bulbasaur!
    I hadn't considered but I would say Biollurgical chassis already allow for cheap (cheapish) bone flesh and stuff. And if I wanted to have the 24 permutations possible from 330 be affected by the far realms that would be 24 more to brew. AND that's beyond the point.

At the moment I am considering that using 330 gives you access to a special metal that functions as an alloy of the two original ascended metals, gaining the properties from both. And if I feel like crazy I make give that particular metal a bonus. The bleeding of a farfected heart would generate biostructure of course, being made of such metal.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Has anyone here tested their Gramaire in a full game?

Like, Full power Gramaire?

Cause I want to.
    I have, with some of my friends. It was the kind of fun you need to take a shower after. But fun.

That was mostly you and LordChaos's fault.
    We have an actual DM this time!
    Where?
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    I think I'm going to agree with Arcanist on that one if you get to a point in which you are stating this kind of creatures they can be somehow defeated, and as such the point is somehow lost, no stats might be better.
    Your probably correct, there isn't much point in stats that are a living fiat. But it was stress relief and I wanted to make something which slaughtered things.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

That was mostly you and LordChaos's fault.
    We have an actual DM this time!
    If you're going to do this, I'm going to recommend that you outright ban any blueprint that I've made. Having said that I should probably get back to work on completing some of those blueprints

I'll get to work on finishing up the Asura, the newest version of the Power Armor and an improvement of the E.I. court.

Never heard of the Frank Horrigan? Well I've talked about it, but I've never actually posted it in THIS thread before... Consider yourselves in for a treat. This design is based off the Frank Horrigan, however it also uses some of the newer homebrewed disciplines as well like Transvolution, Divinentropy and Psychomantics developed by yours truly. In addition to what was previously designed before? I've made creatures truly worth of being called "Asura"

The Asura
    Spoiler
    Show

Image by hasabattle

"And when that God needed warriors to defend his device, he stretched forth his hand outward into the realities beyond and took the tenacity of the Tarrasque, The cruel control of the Infernal, the mighty strength of the Hecatoncheires, The chaotic form of the Protean, The deathly touch of the Atropal and the devastation that the Apocalypse would bring..."
    -Verse 4-6 of the Book of Eiko

Name: The Asura
    Principle: ALCH 101, ALCH 286, ALCH 325, ALCH 364, ARCD 101, ARCD 176, ARCD 204, ARCD 230, ARCD 350, ARCD 365, BIOY 101, BIOY 228, BIOY 274, BIOY 340, BIOY 381, HEUR 101, HEUR 101, TRNV 101, TRNV 143, TRNV 231, TRNV 280, TRNV 349, TRNV 399, PSYM 101, PSYM 246, PSYM 269, PSYM 361, CONT 101, CONT 202, CONT 266.
    Prestige Classes: Gramarist 20th, Gramarie-Lord 5th, Xenoalchemist 20th.
    Discoveries: Continual Carmot, Oefficient Orichalcum, Platinum Standard, Quixotic Quicksilver, Square-Cube Law, Bigby's Prime Analysis, Evard's Numerical Analysis, Mordenkainen's Transport Theorem, Nolzur's Identity, Otto's Last Theorem, Backdoor, Hidden Code, Variable of Volume, We Are All Connected, System Administrator, Into the Mist, Common Ancestry, Inorganic Transvolution, Prestructured Genus, Geneticular Chunking, Molded Form, Stabilized Form, Platinum shackles, Plug it, play it, Highways and Stairways.
    Feats: Creative Surgeon, Diplomatic Immunity, Equivalent Circuits.
    Items: The Tarrasque, The Atropal, The Infernal, The Protean, and The Hecatoncheires, one of which must have the Paragon template. 24 cubic feet of Iron.
    Optional Items: Anything with class levels.
    Optional Theories: Soft Characteristics, Golden Standard, Monstrous Ecology, Divine Enervation.

Step 1
    Take your iron and convert it into the following:

• 4^3 feet of Oricalcum.
    • 4^3 feet of Carmot.
    • 4^3 feet of Moonsteel.
    • 4^3 feet of Quicksilver.
    • 4^3 feet of Gold.
    • 4^3 feet of Tin.

Meld all of these metals together into a Large sized humanoid shaped mold. If you'd like you can make a Craft (Sculpture) check to make sure this statue appears as beautiful as possible. Thereafter convert this statue into a Biostructure. Next you place the Ice within the statue after increasing it's melting point to as high as possible.

STEP 2
    Next convert all of the following metals into the following types of Transformers and Hearts:

Transformers
    • Orchalcum to Platinum Transformer (Input & Output)
    • Carmot to Copper Transformer (Input & Output)
    • Moonsteel to Silver Transformer (Output)
    • Quicksilver to Mercury Transformer (Input & Output)
    • Gold to Gold Transformer (Input)
    • Tin to Tin Transformer (Input & Output)

Hearts
    • Orchalcum to Platinum Shackles
    • Carmot to Copper Heart [Plug & Play]
    • Moonsteel to Silver Heart [Plug & Play]
    • Quicksilver to Mercury Heart [Plug & Play]
    • Tin to Tin Heart [Plug & Play]

STEP 3
    Now convert the Biostructure into a Chassis, make it sentient and grant it the ability to sexually reproduce.

This is the part where you reproduce the Chassis generational with the following subjects:

• The Tarrasque
    • The Atropal
    • The Infernal
    • The Hecatoncheires
    • The Protean

During this process, you may produce weapons and armor for this new creature along the lines of Kaleidomantics Violet Filter covered blades and power armor.

The finished product should look something like this:

Spoiler: The Asura [Statblock]
    Show

The Asura, Defenders of the Nebula
    Size/Type: Large Outsider (Lawful, Gramarie)
    Hit Dice: 40d8 + 1,120 (1,440hp) + 17d6 (+102) (1,542hp)
    Initiative: +23 (+19 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
    Speed: 255 ft., fly 735 ft. (perfect)
    Armor Class: 91 (+15 dex +34 natural +12 insight +12 luck +8 Armor); touch 40, Flat-footed 76
    Base Attack/Grapple: +40/+48
    Attack: Unarmed Strike +89 melee (1d4 +49 + Constitution Drain (DC 52)), Claw +89 melee (4d6 + 49 + Constitution Drain (DC 52))
    Full Attack: 4 Unarmed Strikes +93/+88/+83/+78 melee (1d4 +49 + Constitution Drain (DC 52)), 4 Claws +93/+88/+83/+78 melee (4d6 + 49 + Constitution Drain (DC 52)), 2 Kaleidomantic Longswords (Violet) +93/+88/+83/+78 melee (2d6 + 49 + Autokill against Living creatures) (19-20/×2), 1 Vorpal Blade +93/+88/+83/+78 melee (2d6 + 49) (19-20/×2)
    Space/Reach: 10ft./10ft.
    Special Attacks: Learned Spell Immunity, Constitution drain, Spell-Like Abilities.
    Special Qualities: Abomination Traits, Superior Multiweapon Fighting, Alter shape, Regeneration 50, Living Gramarie, Spell Resistance 102.
    Saves: Fort +48, Ref +51, Will +47
    Abilities: Str 66, Dex 48, Con 43, Int 37, Wis 41, Cha 44
    Skills: An Asura gains a +10 competence bonus and a +4 unnamed bonus to all skill checks. The +4 bonus comes from a Peace effect and increases in power per the number of creatures that it is connected to. Appraise +56 (+2 bonus when appraising Alchemic and Buildings items), Autohypnosis +60, Bluff +60, Concentration +59, Craft (Alchemy) +36, Craft (Fortification) +33, Diplomacy +64, Disguise +60 (+62 when acting in character), Forgery +56, Gather Information +60, Heal +58, Intimidate +62, Listen +58, Perform (Keyboard Instrument) +60, Search +56 (+58 when following tracks), Sense Motive +58, Spellcraft +56, Spot +58, Survival +58, Tumble +58, Use Magic Device +60, Use Psionic Device +60
    Feats: Combat Reflexes, Deflect Arrow, Intern, Improved Initative, Improved Multiweapon Fighting, Improved Unarmed Strike, Greater Multiweapon Fighting, Lab Tech, Multiweapon Defense, Multiweapon fighting, Quick Draw
    Epic Feats: Exceptional Deflection, Improved Combat Reflexes, Infinite Deflection, Multiweapon Rend, Perfect Multiweapon Fighting, Reflect Arrow
    Environment: The Rainbow Nebula or other planes
    Organization: Solitary (Rarely); Squad (6 Asura)
    Challenge Rating: 77
    Treasure: 2 Kaliedomantic Longswords, 1 T-52 Gramarie Power Armor (benefits calculated in); all of which is destroyed if the creature is allowed to self-destruct.
    Alignment: Always any Lawful
    Advancement: By class level
    Level Adjustment:

These tall 8 armed warriors appears before you. Their beauty charms you closer and closer with each passing second, her smell reminding you of a beautiful memory and invokes in you a hunger for knowledge. Upon them removing their helmets, you see a collection of multiskin colored women, shielded behind armor that looks as if it were forged by the Gods. These women do not speak to each other and all share a gaze at you.

Abomination Traits
    Immune to polymorphing, petrification, and other form-altering attacks; not subject to energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, or death from massive damage; immune to mind-affecting effects; fire resistance 20; cold resistance 20; nondetection; true seeing at will; blindsight 500 ft.; telepathy out to 1,000 ft.

Alter Shape (Ex)
    An Asura can assume the shape of any combination of physical nondeific creatures at the same time as a free action. In fact, a Asura’s form constantly boils, and it requires a move-equivalent action each round for a Asura to maintain a certain shape (even if that shape is a combination of several shapes). Whatever its present form, the Asura retains all its own special qualities. Plus, it gains the advantage of up to four extraordinary abilities from the forms it mimics (but not spell-like or supernatural powers). The assumed form can be no smaller than a flea and no larger than 200 feet in its largest dimension (make sure to take into account rules for reach and size modifiers to AC and melee attacks). Incorporeal traits can also be assumed, which counts as a single extraordinary ability. If an Asura assumes a partial form that confers an extraordinary ability already possessed by the creature, only the better of the two abilities is retained. No matter its form, the Asura can never make more than five attacks using a full-round action. However, it may substitute a melee attack form for one of its slam attacks, using its own base attack bonus and Strength modifier to damage, but dealing base damage appropriate to the attack type.

Constitution Drain (Su)
    When the Asura hits a living opponent with a touch attack, the opponent takes 5 points of permanent Constitution drain, or 10 points on a critical hit. The Asura heals 20 points of damage, or 40 points on a critical hit, whenever it drains Constitution, gaining any excess as temporary hit points. These temporary hit points last a maximum of 1 hour. The attack allows a Fortitude save (DC 52). The DC is Charisma-based.

Grafts (Ex/Su)
    There are three variants of the Asura: The Red Asura, often referred to as The Warriors, the Blue Asura, often referred to as The Sages and the Green Asura, often referred to as The Duality. Each type of Asura has different types of grafts used to equip them each day and to improve them to serve their duties, however there are also grafts used for both of them.

Spoiler: Variants of Asura
    Show

All Asura
    {table=head]Slot|Name|Effect
    Throat|Angel's Tongue|Tongue as the spell
    Hands|Hands of Balor|Swift Action, +1 Vorpal Sword
    Head|Nymph's Face|Gain Blinding Beauty ability
    Torso|Suicide Organ|Deal 20d6 damage to every creature within a 100ft. radius
    Shoulder|Carapace|Gain the Tarrasque's Carapace ability
    [/table]

Blue Asura
    Eyes (Su)|Evil Eye|Turn a creature to stone, permanently (Fort DC 47)
    Body (Su)|Noble Blood| You may cast Wish as a SLA 1/day
    [/table]

Red Asura
    Eye|Eye of Antimagic|Project anti-magic field out 30ft in front of viewer
    Body (Su)|Ghost-Stitched Soul|Gain the Rejuvination ability as per the Ghost[/table]

Green Asura
    Shoulder|Second Head|Gain a secondary head. This is used to gain an additional Head and Eye slots. This is taken in place of Carapace.
    Eye|Eye of Antimagic|Project anti-magic field out 30ft in front of viewer
    Eyes (Su)|Evil Eye|Turn a creature to stone, permanently (Fort DC 47)
    Head|Cerebral Expansion|+10 racial bonus to all Knowledge checks
    [/table]

Learned Spell Immunity (Su)
    If an Asura is affected by a spell cast by a particular spellcaster, the Asura thereafter becomes immune to that spell when cast by that spellcaster.

Living Gramarie (Ex): The Asura has a number of Gramarie pieces imbedded into it's body:
    • Orchalcum Soul: The Asura is able to store up to 4,000 ebbs to power it's various transformers. This transference of ebbs is treated as a single logical decision that the Asura may make each round. This also functions as Platinum Shackles which allow the Asura to store 5 times the normal amount of ebbs in any of it's numerous hearts. As a logical decision, this ability can generate the effects of a Platinum Transformer (Output).
    • Carmot Flesh: In an Asura's infancy, they bare the flesh of Carmot, which gives them a very copper appearance to them, however as they grow older and undergo an event known as The Rebirth, they gain a new skin tint that assigns with their mentality. This trait gives them Fast Healing 1 and renders them immune to Electrical effects and provide them with 1 ebb per 6 electrical damage they would normally suffer. It also allows them to produce a 20ft/per ebb channeled to this ability of Electricity that deals 1d6 damage/ebb channeled to this ability. This use of the ability can only be used up to 178 ebbs. This ability also allows them to produce 1 ebb per round, which is placed inside of their storage. This ability can store up to 40 ebbs before being saturated. As a standard action, the Asura can make a logical decision to place these ebbs inside of their Orchalcum Soul. When transferring these ebbs to a the Orchalcum Soul, the ebb production is multiplied by three.
    • Moonsteel Bones: The Asura are born with bones made of pure Moonsteel allowing them to interact with the Ethereal. The Asura are also capable at forcefully healing themselves, if they must (however rarely). By providing ebbs to this ability, the Asura can heal themselves by 1d6 HP up to their maximum HP to a maximum of 178d6 HP in any given round. This ability also allows them to produce 1 ebb per round, which is placed inside of their storage. This ability can store up to 40 ebbs before being saturated. As a standard action, the Asura can make a logical decision to place these ebbs inside of their Orchalcum Soul. When transferring these ebbs to a the Orchalcum Soul, the ebb production is multiplied by three.
    • Heart of Quicksilver: Asura are blessed (and cursed) with a heart of Quicksilver allowing them to react twice as fast as any mortal creature. This allows them to perform two rounds worth of actions, every round. This trait also renders them immune to Cold effects, providing them with 1 ebb per 6 damage they would normally suffer. This ability also allows them to produce 1 ebb per round, which is placed inside of their storage. This ability can store up to 40 ebbs before being saturated. As a standard action, the Asura can make a logical decision to place these ebbs inside of their Orchalcum Soul. When transferring these ebbs to a the Orchalcum Soul, the ebb production is multiplied by three. Unfortunately, this ability also causes an Asura to age twice as fast.
    • Gramaric Identity: The Asura are living creatures of Gramarie and have been gifted with the ability to impart ebbs from their storage or absorb free flowing ebbs as a logical decision.
    • Golden Bloodline: The Asura bleed gold and and this blood allows them to absorb the light surrounding them to fill their storage. This ability also makes the Asura immune to any Light effect that would harm them. Asura absorbing Light through this use of the ability gain 1 ebb/caster level (or 1 per 8 ebbs, if it is non-magical).
    • Psychomantic Network: The Asura are all connected to a Network that has been upgraded into an Ultranet to allow all the Asura to remain in constant contact with one another. This also provides them the constant benefits of a Peace effect granting them an additional 17d6 in HP and a +4 to all skill checks, attack rolls, damage rolls and saving throws. While another creature inhabits the same section of the Ultranet as another Asura with the same effect, you multiple this bonus by the number of Asura currently on that same section of the Network. A total of 178 Asura may inhabit a single Network.

Regeneration (Ex)
    No form of attack deals lethal damage to the Asura. The Asura regenerates even if it fails a saving throw against a disintegrate spell or a death effect. If the Asura fails its save against a spell or effect that would kill it instantly (such as those mentioned above), the spell or effect instead deals nonlethal damage equal to the creature’s full normal hit points +10 (or 1,552 hp). The Asura is immune to effects that produce incurable or bleeding wounds, such as mummy rot, a sword with the wounding special ability, or a clay golem’s cursed wound ability.

The Asura can be slain only by raising its nonlethal damage total to its full normal hit points +10 (or 1,552 hit points) and using a wish or miracle spell to keep it dead.

If the Asura loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 1d6 minutes (the detached piece dies and decays normally). The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.

Spell-Like Abilities
    At willanimate dead, blasphemy, blur, charm person, create undead, darkness, deeper darkness, desecrate, detect chaos, detect good, detect law, detect magic, fear, fireball, greater dispel magic, hold person, greater invisibility, magic circle against good, major image, produce flame, pyrotechnics, read magic, scrying, suggestion, symbol of death, telekinesis, greater teleport (self plus 1,000 pounds), unholy aura, unholy blight, unhallow, wall of fire; 3/daygreater dispel magic, haste, see invisibility; 1/dayfire storm, hellball (epic spell), implosion, meteor swarm. Caster level 41st; save DC 39 + spell level. The DCs are Charisma-based.

Superior Multiweapon Fighting (Ex)
    By making use of it's Alter Shape ability, the Asura can gain up to 100 additional arms, in addition to it's base 8 arms (for a total of 108 arms). The Asura does not suffer an attack or damage penalty for attacking with one hundred weapons or attacks. However, the press of limbs prevents the creature from making iterative attacks with any of its arms, nor can it make more than ten attacks against a Small or smaller creature, fifteen attacks against a Medium-size creature, or twenty attacks against a Large creature in the same action (it can make all its attacks against a Huge or larger creature in one action).

Step 4
    The final step involves connecting all of your Asura to an infinite power source (say the Rainbow Nebula for example?) to allow them to constantly perform feats of nigh impossibility. Truly the Asura are the mightiest of creatures ever devised under the system of Gramarie. Unbeatable in combat, ever evolving, and always 10 steps ahead of the enemy...

Notes: I still have to work on some stuff for the Asura, so don't think this is it. I have to go do some stuff and I don't want my computer to shut down or my roommate to do anything stupid in my room.

Note 2: Completed... Maybe. Unless someone finds a flaw with them.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-12-19 at 10:34 PM.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

CONT 330 Has been a pain, but... I'm happy about it now:

CONT 330: Schwanengesang [specialist]
    Grade: Doctorate
    Prerequisites: Any three CONT principles, Perform (keyboard instruments) 15
    Target: 1 constructive heart that you have created (or tuned per CONT 123)
    Preparation Time: varies
    Understanding the finest connections of the constructive hearts with the elemental planes you can let the elemental in the constructive hearts play the song for themselves. Doing this brings the elemental plane closer, drawing upon the essence used to hinge it together and infusing it on the metal that forms the heart.
    While you apply this principle the constructive heart to which you are applying it won't produce ebbs. Once the principle is finished the constructive heart will be destroyed. But it will convert half of the original metal volume, that composed the heart into its ascended form. You can use this principle, taking 1 hour, into pure elemental constructive hearts. This allows you to create carmot, quicksilver, phlogiston, and alkahest. The properties of the ascended metals can be found in the Alchemetry section. If you have access to the highways and stairways discovery you can also produce moonsteel and cursed lead. As part of this principle you need to succeed on a perform (keyboard instruments) check with a DC of 60.
    This material isn't rearranged into pureness but rather elementally beaten into it, either way the finished product is really similar to that obtained by an alchemetrist.

The interesting part of this principle though is using it to create pure alloys, by using a constructive heart linked to a paraelemental plane (if you have access to CONT 266) or to a quasielemental plane (if you have access both to CONT 266 and the highways and stairways discovery) you can create perfect alloys of two metals. This alloy, unoriginally known as an amalgamation of the metal names require 2 hours to create, and a perform (keyboard instruments) check with a DC of 80. The resulting metal functions as both metals in all regards, for example a magma paraelemental heart that has this principle applied would generate a tin-iron mixture that works both as tin and as iron. The physical properties of the material (Metal Hardness, Hit Points Per Inch, Melting Point, Boiling Point, Break DC Modifier, and Density) are determined by averaging both of the materials used. The resulting metal is gramarically functional, and can work as either metal (a tin transformer could be made of such material, but also a simple orthogonal engine). This alloys are particularly useful for geoccultists, as someone with access to GEOC 323 could use such alloys to produce a biome combining features from both metals.

The most interesting part comes when applying this principle to constructive hearts made of ascended metals and linked to a paraelemental or a quasielemental plane, note that in order to do this you need access to CONT 303, CONT 266 and potentially the highways and stairways discovery. If such is the case the application of this principle takes 4 hours and a perform (keyboard instruments) check with a DC of a 100 is necessary. This creates ascended alloys but the elemental soul is trapped into them granting them secondary benefits. The resulting metal has an intelligence of 4. Unless the constructive heart was prepared with Mephitopheles discovery, in such case it has an intelligence according to the size of the elemental inside of it. The ascended alloy also has both the properties of the ascended metals. Having an intelligence if the metal is shaped into a gramaric device it can take one logical decision per round, it can only use this logical decision to modify its settings and parameters in ways they could normally be changed.

---

I am seriously suggesting that those ascended alloys be accessible to the alchemetrist if he possesses both the related discoveries with the metal, it shouldn't gain an intelligence BUT it should have other cool properties from having the discovery applied.

---

Constructivity as a discipline is now in its final stages

---

Does anyone else feel like perform (percussion instruments) might be better? I'm flinging the percussion instrument way at the moment.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I hadn't considered but I would say Biollurgical chassis already allow for cheap (cheapish) bone flesh and stuff. And if I wanted to have the 24 permutations possible from 330 be affected by the far realms that would be 24 more to brew. AND that's beyond the point.
    Point taken. I was thinking along the theme of a beating heart filling up a tank for the engine with blood to mess with people.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Forge master
    Spoiler
    Show

I am finished doing what I swore an oath to God 28 years ago to never do again. I've created, "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I am sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.
    Hattori Hanzo (Kill Bill)
    Requirements: To become a forge master you must meet all of the following requirements.
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Feat: Pure Crafting; and Legendary Battlesmith
    Gramarie: Any two ALCH principles; or Any two CONT principles
    Skills: Craft (armorsmithing and weaponsmithing) 10, Diplomacy 10, Perform Keyboard instruments 5; or Craft (armorsmithing and weaponsmithing) 10, Diplomacy 5, Perform Keyboard instruments 10
    Special: Must not be able to cast spells, manifest powers, use infusions, and/or use invocations; Must have at least Quartermaster rank.
    Martial Maneuvers: Must know one 2nd level maneuver

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Maneuvers known|Maneuvers readied|Special|Principles

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    |
    |Double Major; Gramaric Maneuvers; Path of Swords|
    +0

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    |
    |Secrets of the Forge|
    +1

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    |
    |Speak Softly and Carry a Big Hammer Stance|
    +2

4th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    |
    |Secrets of the Forge|
    +3

5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    |
    |Daemon Cutters|
    +3

6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    |
    |Hammer Spoils - Hammer Sticks Stance; Secrets of the Forge|
    +4

7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    |
    |Diplomatic Virtuoso of Metal|
    +5

8th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |
    |
    |Secrets of the Forge|
    +6

9th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |
    |
    |Bind the Hammer - Beat the Hammer Stance|
    +6

10th|
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |
    |
    |God Cutters; Secrets of the Forge|
    +7
    [/table]

Double Major: Forge Masters are experts in two disparate disciplines of gramarie. As a Forge Master, you can learn specialist principles from both Alchemetry and Constructivity. However, this focus comes at a price. You give up ever learning any more principles beyond the Baccalaureate level from other disciplines in exchange for this double specialization. You do not, however, lose principles from other fields that you already know. If you run out of principles to learn, you can select one additional discipline to begin learning advanced principles from. At the levels indicated on the table above, you learn a new principle of gramarie that you qualifie for. Your class levels stack with your levels in one other gramarie base class to determine what tier of principles you can learn (choose which base class when entering the class).

Path of Swords (Ex): As a Forge Master you renounce to part of your rank to advance further in the path of the forge. When gaining the first level of Forge Master you can choose to trade any rank you have above Quartermaster for the first Ranks in the Forge Master table. If you later multiclass back into Warmaster you can choose to advance your rank or continue on the path of swords.

Spoiler
    Show
    there will be a table here at some point

Gramaric Maneuvers (Ex or Su): As a Forge Master you learn that the path of the sword is close to the techniques of war, and if you listen to the anima of the weapons you can actually learn more secrets. At each odd numbered level, you gain a new maneuver known from the Alchemetry or Constructivity discipline. You must meet the maneuver prerequisite to learn it. You add your full Forge Master level to your initiator level.
    The Alchemetry (and Constructivity) discipline are formed by the animas and arts of war of the respective disciplines. Baccalaureate non specialist principles are counted as first level maneuvers; Baccalaureate specialist principles are counted as second level maneuvers; Baccalaureate military (or any other tag, except specialist) are counted as third level maneuvers. Magisterial non specialist maneuvers are counted as fourth level maneuvers... and so on until Doctorate military (or any other special tag) that count as ninth level maneuvers. Animae have an activation time of a standard action and require one attack, they are counted as strikes. Arts of War have an activation time as specified on the particular art of war, they count as boosts (even when initiated as immediate actions). Saving throws for this maneuvers, if any is necessary, follow the rules for Animae or Arts of War (whatever they were). The prerequisite of each maneuver is knowing its associated principle.
    The favored weapon of both Alchemetry and Constructivity is the hammer, or any weapon you have forged.

Secrets of the forge (Ex): At 2nd level, and every two levels thereafter, you learn a special discovery related to either alchemetry or constructivity. Alternatively you can gain a [fighter] feat, if you do so you need to meet all the prerequisites for the feat.

Speak softly and carry a big hammer stance (Ex): At 3rd level you learn how to adopt a new stance, this stance counts as a maneuver from Alchemetry and Constructivity, and grants you a bonus to your craft (armorsmithing and weaponsmithing), diplomacy, and perform (keyboard instruments) checks equal to your initiator level.

Daemon cutters (Ex): Although many wouldn't believe it warheart items and pure items can be combined through the art of gramarie. To improve an item in such a way you need to have crafted the item yourself and must be proficient with it. You need to bind an elemental to the item, as if you were creating a constructive heart but instead making a diplomacy check, since you convince the elemental to allow you to improve the blade beyond the realm of the possible. In this way you can only bind elements that you can access, if you want to improve a pure silver armor you need the highways and stairways constructivity discovery, and the DC is set by 5 times the tier of the pure crafted item multiplied by the enhancement bonus of the warheart item. For example, improving an artifactwork (third tier) weapon of pure mercury into a warheart weapon containing a 4th level maneuver (2 enhancement bonus) requires a Diplomacy DC of 5x3x2 = 30. The maneuver that your imbuing into the item must be an alchemetry or a constructivity maneuver that you can initiate, you are limited by the normal rules of warheart items (strikes go into weapons; boosts go into armors), and if the maneuver references any kind of material or leaves it to the election of the Forge Master you must select the material that corresponds to the pure material of the weapon. You can choose to turn a Warheart item into a Pure Craft item in the same way, the DC being the same. If at a latter point you wish to improve the item he needs to beat the DC of the resulting item.

Hammer spoils - hammer sticks stance (Ex): You gain access to a new stance, while in this stance any weapon that you have created and is wielding is counted as if having the Metalline special property (Underdark), this doesn't give the weapon a higher effective enhancement bonus, you also gain Improved Sunder as a bonus feat while in this stance. If you sunder a magical weapon you can reuse the materials and experience in it, while forging a pure craft item or a warheart item, you can expend any such sundered weapon to reduce the material cost by an amount equal to 1/4 the market costs that the sundered weapon originally had, and the XP cost by an amount equal to 1/50 the market costs that the sundered weapon originally had.

Diplomatic virtuoso of Metal (Ex): There is not many things that can be compared to a Forge Master. You may treat any level you have in fighter or warblade as levels in warmaster for the purpose of acquiring rank (or path of swords if you so choose). In addition you treat [gramarie] feats as [fighter] feats and [fighter] feats as [gramarie] feats, whatever it would be more beneficial to you.

Bind the hammer - drop the hammer stance (Ex): The Forge Master understands the weapons that he creates much better than any warrior. While in this stance, once per round, whenever you hit successfully with one of your Alchemetry or Constructivity strikes you can initiate a Constructivity or Alchemetry (whatever was not used on the strike) as a free action, alternatively when successfully hitting with one of your Alchemetry or Constructivity attacks modified by a boosts you can decide to also apply the effect of a Constructivity or Alchemetry (whatever was not used on the boost) without modifying the action taken for the attack.

God cutters (Ex): God will be cut. You can ascend any daemon cutter that you have forged to its ascended metal form. While wielding such a weapon you do not suffer any ill effect normally incurred by those touching said material.
    You also gain a limited use of the pure alloy as a bonus feat, even if you don't meet the prerequisites, if at a latter point you meet the prerequisites you can benefit fully from the feat. You can only forge into a pure alloy an alloy generated by any of your constructive hearts. In order to create such an item you need to succeed both in a Diplomacy check and a Perform (keyboard instruments) check with DCs determined as per your Daemon cutters class feature.

Last edited by thethird; 2013-12-19 at 10:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So is the Forge master solely a swordsmith? Or can one forge any melee weapon? Just wondering based on the text.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

It can forge any weapon I avoided writing melee explicitly for that purpose, I also replaced sword anywhere it wasn't necessary by weapon to make that clear.

It is a weapon/armor smith
    Last edited by thethird; 2013-12-19 at 10:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I've posted a theory for puissamantics, based on particle physics. PEACH.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist
    The final step involves connecting all of your Asura to an infinite power source (say the Rainbow Nebula for example?)
    Why use the rainbow nebula when you can use Grek's actually infinite ebbs?
    Rules for Luck
    A (failed) Shadowcaster fix
    The Sangolu: mixing D&D's greatest foes
    Gestalt theurgy

When referring to Vaarsuvius, I (try to) use they/them/their/theirs/themself. Just my preference.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolep
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonmaster
    60>80
    This, I feel, deserves a quote on its own.
    RAI trumps RAW on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Isn't it annoying when the cocky one is actually right?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Rolep I'm pretty sure you just made Arcanist really sad. He is so proud of his nebula thingie.

11. - Top - End - #71

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thethird
    Rolep I'm pretty sure you just made Arcanist really sad. He is so proud of his nebula thingie.
    Granted, the nebula is cooler...
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

When referring to Vaarsuvius, I (try to) use they/them/their/theirs/themself. Just my preference.
    Show
    60>80

12. - Top - End - #72

Repost because of improvements.
    Note: Seru are a PF conversion of Symbionts that can be found here.

The Biojack
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You’re talking like it’s a bad thing to crawl inside a creature four times your size on a daily basis."

Biojacks are individuals who can manipulate organic matter with their touch. They fight donned in armour made of flesh, hands grasped around blades of bone, with grafts empowering their bodies, and seru assimilated into their bodies. But these materials aren’t their only tools, the biojacks are famous for being the ace pilots of the living vehicles known as Battle Chassis.

Game Rule Information
    Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: d8
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

Class Skills: The biojack's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Acrobatics, Climb (Str), Control Shape (Wis), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Dex), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Arcana), Intimidate (Cha), (Str), Ride (Dex), Swim (Str).

The Biojack
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+0|+0|+2|+0|Basic Biojack, Perfect Physiology

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Armour of Flesh, Bonded Chassis

3rd|+2|+1|+3|+1|Biojack's Charge, Defended Symbiosis, Disable Biollurgy

4th|+3|+1|+4|+1|Evolving Speed, Lesser Biojack

5th|+3|+1|+4|+1|Additional Graft, Living Armoury +1

6th|+4|+2|+5|+2|Expanded Basic Knowledge, Improved Defended Symbiosis

7th|+5|+2|+5|+2|Organic Weaponry, Second Disable Biollurgy

8th|+6/+1|+2|+6|+2|Force Evacuation, Improved Biojack

9th|+6/+2|+3|+6|+3|Connected Pilot, Living Armoury +2

10th|+7/+3|+3|+7|+3|Additional Graft, Organic Interface

11th|+8/+4|+3|+7|+3|Encode Biollurgy, Third Disable Biollurgy

12th|+9/+5|+4|+8|+4|Greater Biojack, Mighty Charge

13th|+9/+5|+4|+8|+4|Living Armoury +3, Out of Biollurgy Experience

14th|+10/+5|+4|+9|+4|Improved Organic Weaponry

15th|+11/+6/+1|+5|+9|+5|Additional Graft, Fourth Disable Biollurgy, Grow Cockpit

16th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5|Perfect Biojack

17th|+12/+7/+2|+10|+10|+5|Improved Encode Biollurgy, Living Armoury +4

18th|+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+6|Truly Connected Pilot

19th|+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+6| Fifth Disable Biollurgy

20th|+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+6|Additional Graft, Biohacker, Supreme Charge

[/table]

All of the following are class features of the biojack.

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: Biojacks are proficient with all simple weapons, and Seru weapons. They are proficient with all light armour.

Basic Biojack (Ex): The unique ability of the Biojack is that they can take control over organic material. As a standard action they can make a Biojack check, 1d20 + ½ Class Level + Dexterity Modifier.
    At 1st level they can only make a Biojack check to reshape biostructure. This functions as shaping biostructure with BIOY 101, except it takes only a round to occur (Rather than an hour). The DC for the Biojack check when used this way is equal to the Heal check used to create the biostructure + 5.

Perfect Physiology (Ex): You have modified your physiology to be perfectly designed to merge with other organic material, actually improving any tissue assimilated. The xenoalchemy level of any grafts you possess is increased by half your class level (minimum 1).

In addition the benefits of this ability also apply to the grafts of any biostructure chassis you pilot.

Armour of Flesh (Ex): You’re used to being covered in armour with its own heartbeat. At second level, the Biojack treats armour made of biostructure as one stage lighter (Heavy to medium to light) whenever it would be beneficial (such as for proficiency and fast movement abilities).
    In addition, you gain a bonus equal to your class level to Knowledge (arcana), Disable Device, and Ride checks to pilot a Biostructure Chassis.

Bonded Chassis: The biojack’s are best known for their amazing skill in piloting a chassis, and this immense skill mainly comes from their ability to form a biolurgical bond with a chassis and alter their physiology to ensure they are in the best condition possible.
    After piloting only a single chassis for a week, a biojack can select it to be its Bonded Chassis. This grants several benefits to the chassis (See below). A biojack can have only one Bonded Chassis at a time, and changing this requires three weeks of piloting a new chassis.

Biojack's Charge (Ex): At 3rd level, a biojack learns to make more accurate charge attacks while piloting biostructure chassis. The biojack receives a +4 bonus on melee attack rolls on a charge while piloting. In addition, the biojack does not suffer any penalty to his AC after making a charge attack while mounted.

Defended Symbiosis (Ex): Upon reaching 3rd level any Seru that are attached to you benefit from additional Hit Points equal to your class level. In addition, you benefit from a +10 bonus to will saves to oppose a seru’s Ego.
    At 6th level the additional hit points increases to double your class level, and the bonus to will saves increases to +20.

Disable Biollurgy (Ex): At 3rd level, a biojack can make a ranged touch attack with a range of 100 ft. If the attack is successful, he may select a single graft on that target to disable, meaning it doesn’t grant it’s benefit.
    He may only disable a single graft at a time, and if he uses this ability on any other creature or changes which graft it affects, the previously disabled graft reactivates.
    At 7th level and every four levels thereafter, allows this ability to affect an additional graft at any one time.

Evolving Speed (Ex): At 4th level, you gain a +10 ft. bonus to your base land speed for every three grafts and seru you possess. In addition, this bonus is applied to the movement modes gained through grafts or seru, but it is doubled.

These bonuses only apply if you are not wearing heavy armour, or carrying a heavy load.

Lesser Biojack (Ex): After attaining 4th level, the biojacks ability to control organic material improves. He can expend a standard action to make a melee touch attack against a Circuited Biostructure Chassis. On a successful hit, he makes a biojack check with the DC equal to the creatures HD + Will Save + an additional 10 if currently controlled by a circuit or another biojacker.
    If the biojack check is successful then the Biojack can control the actions of the chassis as a free action a number of minutes equal to the amount the biojack check surpassed the DC.
    A biojack can only control a group of creatures with a combined Hit-Dice equal to double his class level this way.

Additional Graft: A biojack of 5th level may have a number of grafts at one time up to 2 + his Constitution modifier (minimum 2 grafts). At 10th level and every five levels thereafter the number of grafts you can have at one time and the minimum increases by 1.

In addition, at every level divisible by five, they can select a body slot, this body slot can contain two grafts instead of one.

Living Armoury (Ex): Upon reaching 5th level, any weapon or armour made of biostructure or a seru used by the biojack gains a +1 enhancement bonus, which stacks with any existing bonus. At ninth level, and every four levels thereafter this bonus increases by another +1. These bonuses are also granted to the natural weapons of a biostructure chassis the biojack is currently piloting.

Expanded Basic Knowledge: They always say that to truly be a master, you must understand the basics. At 6th level, the biojack can exert more control over biostructure. This allows you to use Basic Biojack to replicate BIOY 191. This functions as the principle except, you always count as having 1 rank in the appropriate craft skills and it takes minutes when it normally would take days. You must still make the biojack check when using basic biojack in this way.

Organic Weaponry: The natural weapons of a 7th level biojack all gain the benefit of the Improved Natural Attack feat. The benefits of this ability also are granted to the natural weapons of any chassis he pilots.

At 14th level, each natural weapon is affected from the Improved Natural Attack feat a second time (even though that normally wouldn’t be allowed).

Forced Evacuation (Ex): A Biojack of 8th level can make a melee touch attack as a standard action in an attempt to hack a chassis which is being piloted to eject the pilot. The pilot controlling the targeted chassis must make a Knowledge (arcana), Disable Device, or Ride check, opposed to the biojack’s biojack check. If the pilot fails the check, then they are no longer controlling the chassis and are moved to an empty adjacent square of their choice. If the pilot succeeds then the ability has no effect and can’t affect that chassis for 24 hours.

Improved Biojack (Ex): Upon reaching 8th level, the biojack is able to expand his control from just biostructure to other forms of life. He can now target any mindless creature with Lesser Biojack, rather than just circuited biostructure chassis.

Connected Pilot (Ex): Whenever a biojack of 9th level succeeds a Knowledge (arcana), Disable Device, or Ride check to pilot a Biostructure Chassis, they don’t have make another control check for a minute. They can stop operating the chassis prematurely as a free action at the start of any turn during this time.
    At 18th level, a successful check means they don’t have to make another control check for an hour.

Organic Interface (Ex): Upon reaching 10th level, the biojack’s body learns how to subtly redesigns itself so it can connect with seru and operate chassis better. The symbiosis cost of seru is halved (rounding down) whenever it would occur, and you count as one size smaller for the purpose of entering a chassis’s cockpit.

Encode Biollurgy (Ex): With the touch, a biojack of 11th level can change the biollurgical code of a creature to temporarily grant it a graft. A number of times per day equal to his dexterity modifier, he can expend a standard action to make a melee touch attack. On a successful hit, he makes a biojack check with the DC equal to the creatures HD + Fort Save + double the level of the graft he is attempting to apply.

If the biojack check is successful, he may apply a single graft to a valid body slot on the creature. This graft lasts a number of minutes equal to your class level. At first, the biojack may only apply 1st and 2nd level grafts, but at 17th level he may also apply 3rd level grafts.

Improved Biojack (Ex): Upon reaching 12th level, the biojack is able to expand his control from just the mindless to simple minded creatures. He can now target any living creature with an intelligence below 3 with Lesser Biojack.

Mighty Charge (Ex): At 11th level, a biojack learns to make devastating charge attacks while piloting biostructural chassis. Double the threat range of any weapons wielded during a charge while piloting. This increase does not stack with other effects that increase the threat range of the weapon. In addition, the biojack can make a free bull rush, disarm, sunder, or trip combat maneuver if his charge attack is successful. This free combat maneuver does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

Out of Biollurgy Experience (Su): Biollurgy isn't only about the body, but also the mind controlling the body. At 13th level a Biojack can take his mind out of his body as a full-round action. This functions as Magic Jar, except you can only sense and control into things you can affect with Biojack. The caster level of this effect is equal to his Biojack level.

This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to your intelligence modifier (minimum 1).

Grow Cockpit (Ex): At 15th level, the biojack can manipulate a mindless biostructure chassis he is in contact with to cause it to grow a cockpit. This requires the biojack to spend an hour of uninterrupted work with the chassis and make a biojack check at the end (DC double target’s HD + Will save).
    This cockpit allows it to function as a pilotable chassis, as detailed in the Artificial Fleshshape discovery.

Perfect Biojack (Ex): Upon reaching 16th level, the biojack is able to expand his control from just simple minded creatures to the weak minded. He can now target any living creature with an intelligence below 11 with Lesser Biojack.

Biohacker (Ex): Upon reaching 20th level, the biojack gains immense power to manipulate organic matter. He counts as an aberration when it would be beneficial, no longer ages, and he may use lesser biojack on any living creature with an intelligence score lower than 10 + the biojack’s dexterity modifier. Finally, when he uses Out of Biollurgy Experience, he gains the use of the supernatural abilities of the target that were bestowed through grafts or seru.

Supreme Charge (Ex): At 20th level, whenever the biojack makes a charge attack while piloting a chassis, he deals double the normal amount of damage (or triple if using a lance). In addition, if the biojack confirms a critical hit on a charge attack while mounted, the target is stunned for 1d4 rounds. A Will save reduces this to staggered for 1d4 rounds. The DC is equal to 10 + the biojack's base attack bonus.

Bonded Chassis
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Level|HD|Str/Dex|Grafts|Special
    2-4|+2|+0|2|Bonded Pilot, Pilot’s Mind
    5-7|+3|+1|2|Evasion, Swift Pilot
    8-10|+4|+2|3|Intergrated Reactions, Repair Systems
    11-13|+5|+3|3|Share Grafts
    14-16|+6|+3|4|Improved Evasion
    17-19|+7|+4|4|Improved Reapir Systems
    20|+10|+5|5|Perfect Bond[/table]
    HD: A Bonded Chassis gains additional hit dice depending on the level of the biojack.
    Str/Dex: A Bonded Chassis gains a bonus to Strength and Dexterity scores depending on the level of the biojack.
    Grafts: Unlike other constructs, the Bonded Chassis may have more than one graft. The number of grafts it can possess (outside of the Share Grafts). A non-Construct and non-Undead bonded chassis follows the normal rules for graft slots.
    Bonded Pilot: The Bonded Chassis is linked to a single biojack. If anyone other than that biojack attempts to pilot it, the DC is increased by a number equal to the biojack’s level.
    Pilot’s Mind: When piloted by their Bonded Pilot, the chassis gains the feats and skill ranks of the biojack.
    Swift Pilot: When piloted by their Bonded Pilot, the chassis gains a +5 ft. enhancement bonus to all movement modes per five levels of biojack.
    Integrated Reactions: When piloted by their Bonded Pilot, the chassis gains the benefits of the Alertness, Improved Initiative and Lightning Reflexes feats.
    Repair Systems: If the biojack is 8th level his bonded chassis gains fast healing 5. At 17th level, this improves to allow the bonded chassis to regrow any limbs or organs that are removed from their body after an hour.
    Share Grafts: If biojack is 11th level or higher, whenever he pilots his bonded chassis they gain the grafts the biojack currently possesses as long as the chassis has the available body slots.
    Perfect Bond: The bonded chassis of a 20th level biojack can’t be used by anyone other than the bonded pilot, and they automatically succeed on the check to not be “forcefully ejected”.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-23 at 06:50 AM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rolep View Post
    Granted, the nebula is cooler...
    This is true. I think it's mostly because Arcanist likes to involve as many principles and feats and prestige classes as possible in his designs, while I try to makes mine as simple as possible. Ultimately, a machine the size of a planet that requires twenty principles to work is simply cooler than one the size of a breadbox that requires two principles, regardless of their technical merits.

As far as testing things with an actual game goes, I would be down to run one for playtesting purposes, I suppose. How's this for a pitch:
    Essentially, Alpha Centauri with Gramarie. You were on a colonist ship that crash landed on a savage, unsettled planet and now you and the other 2-4 survivors from your escape pod must rebuild civilization. Everyone starts as a 3rd level Grammarist, Warmaker, Anabolist (with YGGD substitution), Biojack or Puissamancist. Core principles only for this go around. Supply caches and wreckage will be scattered across the map, containing gramatic devices, raw materials, and, most importantly, magisterial+ level blueprints with which to tame the planet. Other escape pods do exist and may be anywhere from friendly to hostile to dead on impact.

14. - Top - End - #74

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grek
    As far as testing things with an actual game goes, I would be down to run one for playtesting purposes, I suppose. How's this for a pitch:
    Essentially, Alpha Centauri with Gramarie. You were on a colonist ship that crash landed on a savage, unsettled planet and now you and the other 2-4 survivors from your escape pod must rebuild civilization. Everyone starts as a 3rd level Grammarist, Warmaker, Anabolist (with YGGD substitution), Biojack or Puissamancist. Core principles only for this go around. Supply caches and wreckage will be scattered across the map, containing gramatic devices, raw materials, and, most importantly, magisterial+ level blueprints with which to tame the planet. Other escape pods do exist and may be anywhere from friendly to hostile to dead on impact.
    If it does happen, I'm in!
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terror_Incognito View Post
    Just a couple of quick ideas for agritecture, posting from work.

Based on real plant behaviour.
    Plant signalling between plants: Increase damage resistance for one plant in response to anther plant being attacked.

Plant signalling to beneficial organisms: automaticall summons help.

Mutual symbiosis: Plant provides home/food for protective vermin swarm.

Tuber/Bulb: Plant has chance to regrow if destroyed
    So I'm on holidays now. I haven't been through the new thread to see if this has been incorporated yet, but I figured I'd take the time to add links to my inspiration.

Plant Signalling 1&2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_p...8physiology%29

Mutual Symbiosis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_garden

Tuber/Bulb: POTATO
    Last edited by Terror_Incognito; 2013-12-20 at 07:29 AM.
    Marvel at my IMPRESSIVE (and Expensive) collection of Discworld Books!!!

16. - Top - End - #76

If it does happen, I'm in!
    Same. Though biojack isn't going to be very useful without having any grafts.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    This is true. I think it's mostly because Arcanist likes to involve as many principles and feats and prestige classes as possible in his designs, while I try to makes mine as simple as possible. Ultimately, a machine the size of a planet that requires twenty principles to work is simply cooler than one the size of a breadbox that requires two principles, regardless of their technical merits.

That sounds like fun...
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

18. - Top - End - #78

NecromancerGuy

After some maths-ing, I have calculated the cost of 1 cubic foot of various materials (with eiko's help) and I'm posting them here for easy reference.

Platinum - 670 000gp
    Adamantine - 245 000gp
    Mithral - 123 000gp
    gold - 60 000gp
    silver - 3 300gp
    copper - 280gp
    iron - 50gp

An orichalcum weapon or item weighs around 2.7 times as much as steel, and holds 2 ebbs for every pound that it would have weighed, were it a steel weapon or item.
    Last edited by Rolep; 2013-12-22 at 12:17 PM.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Why use the rainbow nebula when you can use Grek's actually infinite ebbs?
    Because his infinite ebb thing isn't actually infinite ebbs. It creates a small number of ebbs repeatedly, over and over again. I'd use the Rainbow Nebula if I need an impossible amount of ebbs to spend in a single round. The Rainbow Nebula is exclusively designed to generate so many ebbs in a single round, that you cannot possibly spend them all in a single round, making it the closest to an infinite amount of ebbs possible.
    Spoiler: Arcanist's Style of Blueprint Design
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    I'm proud of all my blueprints equally, which is why I get really happy when people use them or criticize them or talk about them. Any criticize towards a blueprint only leaves me to make them stronger... Now my Homebrew on the other hand, I'll defend that tooth and nail

EHHH... I'm not going to say this is inaccurate

I like my blueprints to transcend the very planes themselves. Honestly, I don't consider a blueprint a success until it tears a hole into the fabric of reality to cross the cosmos in a rushing river towards power. Gramarist are supposed to be the undisputed rulers of the cosmos, by creating powerful abominations, omniscient E.I., incredible new worlds, unbreakable walls and barriers, and engines that take us to even greater heights.

Hell, my favorite PrC (that I made), the Gramarie-Lord is supposed to showcase my ideology towards design fairly well. As well as the Big Thinker, which is, again, a showcase of my opinion on design. To make an analogy, I'd like to bring up the difference between Arcane magical items and Divine magical items.

Arcane magical items are supposed to be gaudy, showy, covered in gems and made from rare materials. Like a mortals interpretation of what a divine creation might be. Perfect in every, way, shape and form. That is how I like my blueprints and that is often how I like to fluff them: A man's attempt at creating the divine. So complex, that no mortal can design it single handedly.

Divine magical items? They're simple. Simple in that they are just sticks and twigs, common metals, made with the absolute minimum. That is how I'd imagine the divine to operate: Simplicity that appears as complexity.

I find beauty in Grek's design style, but it's just not me. Sure, sometimes I like to use simplicity in my designs, but generally? Not so much. As I said before, I prefer my designs to be more... Arcane

Sounds very sandboxxy and might be a fairly good idea to play as a Geoccultism specialist

20. - Top - End - #80

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist
    Because his infinite ebb thing isn't actually infinite ebbs.
    How is it not inifinite?
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

How is it not inifinite?
    I was thinking of a different blueprint

For those curious, please examine Grek's incredible and unfortunately ignored blueprint. I guess it really does go to show that publishing your new material is all about timing as well as design

Spoiler: Blueprint: Actually Infinite Ebbs
    Show

Name: Actually Infinite Ebbs
    Principles: HEUR 101.
    Optional Principles: None.
    Discoveries: None.
    Optional Discoveries: None.
    Prestige Classes: None.
    Optional Prestige Classes: None.
    Feats: Equivalent Circuits.
    Optional Feats: None.
    Items: 2 cubic feet of phlogiston.
    Optional Items: None.
    Theories: None.
    Optional Theories: Caloric Theory.
    Construction & Operation:
    Prepare two enthalpic outputs, one as a sphere and the other as a cube. Connect the two with a short circuit. Configure the circuit such that it sends 1 ebb in 100 to the sphereical output and the other 99 to the cubic output. Configure the cubic output to feed the caloric it produces into the short circuit. Assuming an initial charge of 100 ebbs, the circuit will direct the cubic output to produce a 99 ebb pint, followed by a 107, followed by a 116, followed by a 126, followed by a 137, and so on and so forth an infinite number of times in a single round.
    Known Issues: Generator contains one pint of infinitely hot fluid. Caution is advised when handling.

Placed into the compendium

22. - Top - End - #82

BardGuy

So, I've been away from gramarie for a few months now (whenever it was that I stopped posting [in a nut shell, reading homebrew was making me sick to my stomach]) and I see it kept on chugging along as it always has.

So... what did I miss?

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicrat View Post
    So, I've been away from gramarie for a few months now (whenever it was that I stopped posting [in a nut shell, reading homebrew was making me sick to my stomach]) and I see it kept on chugging along as it always has.

So... what did I miss?
    Umm.... A fair bit actually.

Homebrew Disciplines, some campaigns, tv tropes, an IRC chat, prcs, etc.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-20 at 09:27 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

So... what did I miss?
    Compendium with all the stuff we've added and made.

25. - Top - End - #85

BardGuy

I'm working on a post critiquing the first homebrew discipline in this thread (If I'm TOTALLY wrong about it, please say so), but in the mean time 2 things.

1) Can a single gramarist create a true-breeding chassis race that produces miracles per round due to ebbs funneled to it from a power-plant (demi-plane?) through semi-spaces all controlled by networked EIs?

2) Any current/recruiting games I might be able to get into? I've yet to be in a gramarie game that gets past the start.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm working on a post critiquing the first homebrew discipline in this thread (If I'm TOTALLY wrong about it, please say so), but in the mean time 2 things.

1) Can a single gramarist create a true-breeding chassis race that produces miracles per round due to ebbs funneled to it from a power-plant (demi-plane?) through semi-spaces all controlled by networked EIs?

2) Any current/recruiting games I might be able to get into? I've yet to be in a gramarie game that gets past the start.
    1) The Rainbow Nebula and the Asura are based on this.

2) Not sure if I can answer that

27. - Top - End - #87

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    1) The Rainbow Nebula and the Asura are based on this.

2) Not sure if I can answer that
    1) Yay! (that may or may not be a character idea I've had rolling around in my head )

2) Think we can start one up? My idea for a campaign is basically some gramarists (the first, probably, or some of the first) stake a claim to a small inconsequential village (after a war? on the far continent?) and over the course of the campaign turn it into the first (or one of the first) Gramatic Empire(s), most likely multi-planar if this goes long enough.

28. - Top - End - #88

WhiteWizardGirl

It requires triple specialization in Arcanodynamics, Biollurgy, and Heuristicism, which in turn requires that you start out life as a Arcanodynamics specialist, double major as a Biolurgist at level 11, take ARCD 365 at level 14 and then take a 3 levels of Millwight so that you can triple major and still have all the specialist Doctorate level principles you need.

I'm starting one after Christmas. A link to the recruitment thread will be posted here.
    Last edited by Grek; 2013-12-20 at 10:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

BardGuy

1) It requires triple specialization in Arcanodynamics, Biollurgy, and Heuristicism, which in turn requires that you start out life as a Arcanodynamics specialist, double major as a Biolurgist at level 11, take ARCD 365 at level 14 and then take a 3 levels of Millwight so that you can triple major and still have all the specialist Doctorate level principles you need.

2) I'm starting one after Christmas. A link to the recruitment thread will be posted here.
    1) I was thinking only dual specialist heuristics/biollurgist with HEAVY use of the extra credit feat, but your way (or Acanists PrCs) might be (read:are probably) better.

2) Any chance its my dream game I elaborate on above?

30. - Top - End - #90

WhiteWizardGirl

It could be. The campaign seed is is "You crash land your space ship on Oerth and try to found a colony." There's no reason why your initial colonization plan couldn't be "Take over yonder halfling village with Gramarie."
    Last edited by Grek; 2013-12-20 at 10:59 PM.