New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: My Little Gramarist: SCIENCE! is Magic [Gramarie Discussion]

So then Lay of the Land is compleatly obsolete then, since that is the point of the Theory.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dethanatologist update posted. Generally before some rigorous rewriting my work is pretty flawed, so comments would be nice. There should be more principle changes written by the end of the day.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby View Post
    Dethanatologist update posted. Generally before some rigorous rewriting my work is pretty flawed, so comments would be nice. There should be more principle changes written by the end of the day.
    Nothing in the class suggests the reanimated things you create need ebbs, but u gave them the ability to gain ebbs through eating?
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

4. - Top - End - #214

That's in the reanimated subtype at the bottom of the post. They need a lot of ebbs to survive, probably too many.

5. - Top - End - #215

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    So then Lay of the Land is compleatly obsolete then, since that is the point of the Theory.
    Discovery! Not theory!
    Rules for Luck
    A (failed) Shadowcaster fix
    The Sangolu: mixing D&D's greatest foes
    Gestalt theurgy

When referring to Vaarsuvius, I (try to) use they/them/their/theirs/themself. Just my preference.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolep
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonmaster
    60>80
    This, I feel, deserves a quote on its own.
    RAI trumps RAW on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Isn't it annoying when the cocky one is actually right?

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by Rolep View Post
    Discovery! Not theory!
    No point making it a discovery if u can do it by default.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I guess I wasn't clear. I was saying that the advantage of Lay of the Land isn't that it lets you make weird shaped biomes (since you already can), but that it lets you do so efficiently:

Example 1: You want a river 50' across, 10' deep and 100 miles long. Doing that the normal way requires over two million preparations and over a thousand kilotons of metal to get the needed radius. Doing it with the discovery means that you have enough volume to do it with a single preparation.

Example 2: You want to make a patch of farmland as big as you can with one preparation of a copper pole. Normally, you make a sphere 500' in radius, resulting in a total farmable area of 785,398 square feet. With the discovery, you can choose to stop 1' into the ground and 1' into the air and end up with an area of 261,666,667 square feet. A 33300% increase!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Ok. Thanks for the input Grek.

So my next idea for Gramarie are Vectors. They specialize in creating viruses and vaccines, making them plague bringers that effect anything which can be harmed by disease, that can drain any stats of a creature, even decreasing resistance to certain effects. I would assume they impact biostructure and hortistructure, but I am not familiar with the two concepts to say how. The flip side, is that besides curing diseases, they can make benign viruses which boost certain stats temporarily, as well as adding beneficial resistance (ex. Spell Resistance) to a target. I would make it that each Vector has a unique formulae in producing their viruses, so that working against another vectors work is a higher DC then working against your own. Targets become resistant to any of your viruses over time, as their body fights off the disease. The Vector Capstone is that they are immune to all diseases, and they have the fundamental formula which bypasses all built up resistances.

Does this seem like a decent idea?

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    So my next idea for Gramarie are Vectors.
    Does this seem like a decent idea?
    Yes.

Are you thinking PrC, Base Class, Feat line, or what?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

Attention to all people who love gramarie!

So I came back from my semester to find that apparently everyone here went absolutely insane and began making stuff, and I just want to say that is absolutely amazing. I honestly can't even begin to express my happiness right now. I started this project a year and a half ago because I didn't like the direction that I saw too many things in this hobby headed. I thought people were getting too used to being coddled by game developers, too used to having everything force-fed down their throats in little isolated rules bubbles. I thought that the spark of creativity and innovation which for me is at the core of what this game is all about was dwindling.

I was wrong.

In the past few months, you've filled another 50 pages with amazing discussion (which I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of), you've nearly doubled the amount of content, you've started work on several worlds which incorporate the ideas and themes of gramarie; in short, you've taken this idea and run with it to the damn moon. I can see now that there are many other people who love the freedom and creativity inherent in a cooperative role-playing game, and who want to help other people find the same joy.

What is so important to me about this project is that at the heart of this project is the indefinable something, the mysterium tremendum of human ingenuity, creativity, and inspiration which cannot be replicated on a computer or in a video game. When I look at games using gramarie, I see a shared experience between players and DM which cannot be reproduced in any medium save for the one which by all accounts has been dying a slow and lingering death in the face of advancing gaming technology. The tabletop RPG must always be about creating a shared world and telling stories in it. My aim here was to provide a toolset for this, yes, but primarily, most importantly, it was to get people interested in the idea and talking about it and creating stuff of their own.

You homebrewers here very easily could have just let the idea, the system, atrophy in my absence, but you didn't. You realized, as I hope everyone reading this realizes, that gramarie is not mine. It is ours. It is a shared idea, a shared hope for what games could be like. There are rough patches, there are unfinished parts, yes. But the fundamental idea is out there. I mentioned in one of my earlier posts on this subject that I don't care if you never use a single rule I write for this system, as long as it gets you thinking about the sorts of worlds that you can build and the stories you can tell in an actual human interactive game.

Over the next few weeks I will try to provide feedback and thoughts on everything that has been made here in the last six months, but please understand: I am not the boss. I will not, and can not, tell you what to do because I do not own this project. Gramarie exists in the hearts and minds of everyone who has written a single word of content for it, everyone who has mulled over the implications of a seemingly useless or seemingly insane principle. I hope that we can go forward, not as one person telling everyone else how gramarie works, but as a group discovering it together.

My very first post on gramarie contained the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Me!
    I've thought a lot […] about stuff that you could do with it, and the main conclusion I've come to is that there's a lot more that I haven't thought of.
    Well, it's been a year and a half, and I still know that I have no idea what the limits of this are. But I hope that we can figure them out.
    Last edited by Kellus; 2014-01-03 at 01:29 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221

NecromancerGuy

HOLY **** HE'S BACK! THE MESSIAH HATH COME!

EDIT: But in all seriousness, I can't wait to see your take on the homebrew.
    Last edited by Rolep; 2014-01-03 at 03:21 AM.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

When referring to Vaarsuvius, I (try to) use they/them/their/theirs/themself. Just my preference.
    Show
    60>80

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler: The Gunsmith
    Show
    The Gunsmith

For when you need a weapon that does do something so simple as to merely kill, but weapon that wipes someone from the face of the world so thoroughly that only the echoing memory of the shot fired remains.

Requirements
    Gramarie : At least four ARCD principles.
    Skills: Use Magic Devices 10, Craft (Weaponsmithing or Bowmaking) 5
    Specialization Must be specialized in Arcanodynamics.

Hit Die: d6
    Skill Points At Each Additional Level: 6 + Int Modifier

Class Skills: Appraise (Int), Autohypnosis (Wis), Craft (Int), Concentration (Con), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (architecture and engineering) (Int), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Use Magic Device (Cha)

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Principles
    1st +0 +0 +2 +2 Expanded Firepower +0
    2nd +1 +0 +3 +3 Secrets of Conversion +1
    3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 Bits and Pieces +1
    4th +3 +1 +4 +4 Build it Bigger +2
    5th +3 +1 +4 +4 Secrets of Conversion, Explosive Tweaks +3
    6th +4 +2 +5 +5 Barrel Swapping +3
    7th +5 +2 +5 +5 Expanded Firepower +4
    8th +6/+1 +2 +6 +6 Energy Absorption +5
    9th +6/+1 +3 +6 +6 Secrets of Conversion +6
    10th +7/+2 +3 +7 +7 Efficient Construction +6

Class Features

All the following are class features of the Gunsmith.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Gunsmiths gain proficiency with all Arcanodynamic weapons.

Principles of Gramarie: At the levels indicated on the table above, you learn a new principle of gramarie that you qualify for. Your class levels stack with levels in one other gramarie base classes to determine what tier of principles you can learn (choose which base class when entering the class).

Expanded Firepower (Su): Your output transformers increase the size of any dice rolled by one step. A d6 becomes a d8, a d8 becomes a d10, and so on. Input transformers treat the dice size as being unmodified.

You increase the dice size again at level 7.

Secret Of Conversion (Su): Your studies continue to provide insights into Gramarie. You may select another Arcanodynamics discovery this level, and every three levels after it.

Bits and Pieces (Su): Your output transformers can now be made of separate parts, as long as each piece is within three feet of another. Ebbs can be channeled into or transformed out from any portion of the transformer without penalty.

Build It Bigger (Su): Sometimes bigger really is better. You can improve the effects of your output transformers by increasing the required material. For each additional cubic foot of material, select one property from below.

• You may increase the number of ebbs your transformer can convert per round by ten.
    • If the transformer deals damage, increase the size of the damage die one step. A d6 becomes a d8, a d8 becomes a d10, and so on, to a maximum of d12.
    • If the transformer creates an area effect or has a range, you can increase the range or area given per ebb by five meters.

Explosive Tweaks (Su): When preparing an ARCD principle, you can choose to create explosive devices instead of a regular output transformer and produce four such devices per cubic foot of material used. Each device can hold a twice the number of ebbs it could convert a round. When triggered they transform all of the stored ebbs and produce their effect as normal except the area of effect is a burst with a radius of 10 feet per ebb transformed centered on the transformer. The device is destroyed once it produces this effect.

A transformer of this type can be primed by anyone touching them (Or as a logical decision) to trigger upon being touched again, striking a solid object, or after a certain number of rounds or minutes have passed. This can not be changed once it has been primed to explode.

This feature can be applied to Silver, Leather, Copper, Ice, Mercury, Lead, Gold and Crystal output transformers.

Barrel Swapping (Su): Long have you worked against the shaped limitations of transformers. Why should you not be able to create a cone of fire, or a line of sound? When creating a transformer you may now select any of the following shapes:

• A cone with a length of 10 feet per ebb transformed that does 1d6 damage per ebb.
    • A line with a length of 20 feet per ebb transformed that does 1d6 damage per ebb.
    • A bolt that works as a ranged touch attack with a range of 100ft per ebb, and does 1d8 damage per ebb channeled.

The dice size of each shape are enhanced by Expanded Firepower and/or Build It Bigger as normal. These shapes can only apply to Copper, Ice, Mercury, Leather, Gold and Crystal output transformers.

Energy Absorption (Su): By tapping into the ambient magical energy of the multiverse, you can provide a pithy amount of power to your transformers even in the absence of ebbs. Your output transformers can now fire without consuming ebbs as if they had transformed one tenth (Round down) of your UMD check. They may only do this once every 1d4 rounds.

Efficient Construction (Su): You've finally learned how to construct more space-efficient transformers. Any transformer that would require one cubic foot of material now only require six cubic inches. Transformers modified with Build It Bigger are unaffected.

Well, here's to hoping that this isn't completely terrible.
    Last edited by Zale; 2014-07-02 at 07:05 PM.
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

13. - Top - End - #223

WhiteWizardGirl

It seems like it should also do something with ballistic engines.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

I agree with Grek. Also you should keep some stuff as wish cones out...

And now that Kellus is back and that I am back at my place I guess it is time to thoroughly review constructivity. Expect a rewrite-tweak soon.
    Last edited by thethird; 2014-01-03 at 06:50 AM.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by Kellus View Post
    Attention to all people who love gramarie!

So I came back from my semester to find that apparently everyone here went absolutely insane and began making stuff, and I just want to say that is absolutely amazing. I honestly can't even begin to express my happiness right now. I started this project a year and a half ago because I didn't like the direction that I saw too many things in this hobby headed. I thought people were getting too used to being coddled by game developers, too used to having everything force-fed down their throats in little isolated rules bubbles. I thought that the spark of creativity and innovation which for me is at the core of what this game is all about was dwindling.

I was wrong.

In the past few months, you've filled another 50 pages with amazing discussion (which I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of), you've nearly doubled the amount of content, you've started work on several worlds which incorporate the ideas and themes of gramarie; in short, you've taken this idea and run with it to the damn moon. I can see now that there are many other people who love the freedom and creativity inherent in a cooperative role-playing game, and who want to help other people find the same joy.

What is so important to me about this project is that at the heart of this project is the indefinable something, the mysterium tremendum of human ingenuity, creativity, and inspiration which cannot be replicated on a computer or in a video game. When I look at games using gramarie, I see a shared experience between players and DM which cannot be reproduced in any medium save for the one which by all accounts has been dying a slow and lingering death in the face of advancing gaming technology. The tabletop RPG must always be about creating a shared world and telling stories in it. My aim here was to provide a toolset for this, yes, but primarily, most importantly, it was to get people interested in the idea and talking about it and creating stuff of their own.

You homebrewers here very easily could have just let the idea, the system, atrophy in my absence, but you didn't. You realized, as I hope everyone reading this realizes, that gramarie is not mine. It is ours. It is a shared idea, a shared hope for what games could be like. There are rough patches, there are unfinished parts, yes. But the fundamental idea is out there. I mentioned in one of my earlier posts on this subject that I don't care if you never use a single rule I write for this system, as long as it gets you thinking about the sorts of worlds that you can build and the stories you can tell in an actual human interactive game.

Over the next few weeks I will try to provide feedback and thoughts on everything that has been made here in the last six months, but please understand: I am not the boss. I will not, and can not, tell you what to do because I do not own this project. Gramarie exists in the hearts and minds of everyone who has written a single word of content for it, everyone who has mulled over the implications of a seemingly useless or seemingly insane principle. I hope that we can go forward, not as one person telling everyone else how gramarie works, but as a group discovering it together.

My very first post on gramarie contained the following:

Well, it's been a year and a half, and I still know that I have no idea what the limits of this are. But I hope that we can figure them out.
    Welcome back, O Gramaric Prophet. You are far from the only, but you were certainly the first. Hopefully you'll be able to hop into the IRC to discuss stuff with us in realtime.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Welcome back, O Gramaric Prophet. You are far from the only, but you were certainly the first. Hopefully you'll be able to hop into the IRC to discuss stuff with us in realtime.
    Note, Kellus has been to the IRC
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Note, Kellus has been to the IRC
    Missed it = sadness.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

18. - Top - End - #228

Oh good, okay, I got us moved back to the general homebrew board where more people will read this stuff.

Working on the stuff I have on the third base class, which is a trickery-based take on gramarie, the saboteur. Should have something up tomorrow? Still working my way through the new disciplines, I'll drop on the IRC at some point to chat about them

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

KELLUS IS BACK! why are all of you calling him a prophet? He's clearly a god
    everyone who finished a base class or discipline are demigods in my perspective.

Anhyhow, can't wait for the Saboteur!
    LGBTA+itP
    I'm dyslectic and English is not my first language, so I'll probably make a few spelling errors.
    the Third god of Ghysa, the Rainbow Prince(ss) (RIP), and None, Master of Shadows, and currently Nature's Sculptor, Nathall

20. - Top - End - #230

RedSorcererGirl

So kellus not only made the best homebrew subsystem I've ever seen, but he's managed to accidentally start a cult. This will look good on your resume if you ever go into politics or try to work for wotc Kellus.
    Last edited by JennTora; 2014-01-04 at 03:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

It feels like everyone his holding their breath until Kellus posts...
    It suddenly got completely silent in this thread.
    LGBTA+itP
    I'm dyslectic and English is not my first language, so I'll probably make a few spelling errors.
    the Third god of Ghysa, the Rainbow Prince(ss) (RIP), and None, Master of Shadows, and currently Nature's Sculptor, Nathall

22. - Top - End - #232

I've been checking every few hours, waiting for the Saboteur.

23. - Top - End - #233

NecromancerGuy

You've pretty much summed it up, DMwithoutPC's.

EDIT: All the real talking is going on in the chat.
    Last edited by Rolep; 2014-01-06 at 02:59 PM.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby View Post
    I've been checking every few hours, waiting for the Saboteur.
    yup me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolep View Post
    You've pretty much summed it up, DMwithoutPC's.

EDIT: All the real talking is going on in the chat.
    chat? what chat?
    LGBTA+itP

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fako View Post
    Gramarie IRC - An IRC channel created by sirpercival to allow real-time discussion of Gramarie. The link will connect you using mibbit, should you wish to connect using another client it is #Gramarie at irc.rizon.net.
    The IRC chat.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

I'm really paying enough attention to first posts... d'oh
    LGBTA+itP

27. - Top - End - #237

The Artisan
    Spoiler
    Show

"Do you have any idea how many people have begged me to make them a lightsabre?... Though, I suppose that's still less annoying than that damn tank guy..."

The blacksmith who makes a blade, the bard who shares sagas, the acrobat who can ascend any wall, the adviser at the side of a great ruler. These are roles that are generally in the background of a scene. An artisan is one of these skilled individuals who Doesn't just wait in the background. Where an expert may forge a blade, the artisan forges a legend.

Alignment: Artisans can be of any alignment.

Hit Die: d6.

Starting Gold: 5d4 x10 gp.

Class Skills
    The Artisan has every skill as a class skill.

Skill Points per Level: (8 + Int modifier)

Artisan
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Principles

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Skill specialization, skill talent|0

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Baccalaureate principles, gramarie specialization|1

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Tricksters gift|1

4th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Skill talent|1

5th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Skilled Combatant +1d6|2

6th|
    +4
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |Synergy mastery, tricksters gift|2

7th|
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |Magisterial principles, skill talent|3

8th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +2
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |Skilled Combatant +2d6|3

9th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |Secondary specialization, tricksters gift|3

10th|
    +7/+2
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |Discovery, skill talent|4

11th|
    +8/+3
    |
    +3
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |Skilled combatant +3d6|4

12th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |
    +8
    |Discovery, tricksters gift|5

13th|
    +9/+4
    |
    +4
    |
    +8
    |
    +8
    |Skill talent, improved synergy mastery|5

14th|
    +10/+5
    |
    +4
    |
    +9
    |
    +9
    |Discovery, skilled combatant +4d6|5

15th|
    +11/+6/+1
    |
    +5
    |
    +9
    |
    +9
    |Doctorate principles, tricksters gift|6

16th|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |
    +10
    |Discovery, skill talent|6

17th|
    +12/+7/+2
    |
    +5
    |
    +10
    |
    +10
    |Skilled combatant +5|7

18th|
    +13/+8/+3
    |
    +6
    |
    +11
    |
    +11
    |Discovery, tricksters gift|7

19th|
    +14/+9/+4
    |
    +5
    |
    +11
    |
    +11
    |Skill talent|7

20th|
    +15/+10/+5
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +12
    |Discovery, legend in his time, skilled combatant +6d6|8[/table]

Class Features
    All of the following are class features of the Artisan.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Artisan are proficient with all simple weapons and one martial weapon of their choice. Artisan's are proficient with medium armor and with shields (but not tower shields).

Skill Specialization (Ex): At 1st level, artisan choose which broad category of talents they are most proficient in, out of the five given below. This becomes their primary focus, and determines their gramaric disciplines, and which skill group they may select their talents from as they advance.

In addition, artisans add a competence bonus equal to half their class level to all skill checks made with their key skill.

• Athlete: Artisan who choose the athlete specialization are dedicated to mastering their physical condition, from climbing to swimming to leaping. Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, and Swim are the athletes key skills, and they can take principles from ARCD, BIOY, ELDK and KALD.
    • Craftsman: Artisans who choose the craftsman specialization are dedicated to producing exceptional quality workmanship, from weapons to walls to livestock to books. Craft is the craftsman’s key skill, and they can take principles from ALCH, ARCD, ELDK and KALD.
    • Performer: Artisans who choose the performer specialization are dedicated to creating exceptional performances, whether in art, music, or the stage. Perform is the performer’s key skill, and they can take principles from CONT, IMCH, PSYC, and HEUR.
    • Professional: Artisans who choose the professional specialization are dedicated to providing exceptional service, from herbalism to bartending. Profession is the professional’s key skill, and they can take principles from ALCH, BIOY, GEOC, and YGGD.
    • Sage: Artisans who choose the sage specialization are dedicated to uncovering exceptional knowledge, from a wide variety of fields. Sages are learned scholars and advisers. Knowledge is the sage’s key skill, and they can take principles from DVPY, HEUR, PSYC, and YGGD.

Skill Talent (Ex): Beginning at 1st level, artisan acquire specific abilities as they advance, which belong to groups associated with the skill specializations. These abilities are known as talents. Some talents have prerequisites, which must be met before they can be taken. Some talents can be taken only once, while others may be taken multiple times, with cumulative effects. Artisan may choose talents only from a list associated with their primary, secondary specialization, or the general list.

At first level the artisan gains two skill talents rather than one.

Principles of Gramarie: At 2nd level, and again whenever indicated on your class table, you learn a new principle. Principles are supernatural (Su) abilities which bend or break the laws of physics, but not quite in the same way that most magic does. Principles can be used whenever you have the time, materials and inclination; they are effectively usable at-will if you are in an appropriate situation. Principles come in three grades: Baccalaureate, Magisterial, and Doctorate. You gain access to these higher grade principles as shown on your class table. Once you achieve the Doctorate level (at your 15th class level) you may refer to yourself as a doctor of your that discipline. You cannot put off learning a principle; if you do not qualify for one when you would otherwise receive it, it's lost. If a principle is marked [Specialist], it can only be learned by a specialist in that discipline.

A principle is not cast, it is prepared. By preparing a principle multiple times, you can change the volume or size of the target affected. For example, if a principle targets 1 cubic foot of material, by preparing it twice (and thus spending twice as long on it) you could target 2 cubic feet of the material instead. A special case is made for bubbles, which are spherical effects. For more information on the size of bubbles, refer to the miscellaneous section at the end of this document.

If a principle requires materials, you need extra materials every time you prepare it. You can also improve a principle later on my adding more materials to it (if applicable) and by spending more time on it. This also forces you to make a new skill check on it. Speaking of skill checks, you can always choose to use one of your Key Skills from Skill Specialization as the skill to prepare a principle instead of the discipline key skill, but you take a -10 penalty on the check. In the same vein, you can take 20 on key skill checks made to prepare a principle, but you can never take 10 on them. Bear in mind that taking 20 means taking 20 times as long as you normally would, which for gramarie can be very long indeed. To prepare a principle you must be within range of touch of the structure or object or location on which you are setting the principle for the duration of the preparation.

If multiple users of gramarie know the same principle, they can work simultaneously on the same project. For example, two artisans could prepare the same principle at the same time, and the principle would count as having been prepared twice. Later a third artisan who also knows that principle could show up and prepare it again, and the principle would then have been prepared three times. An artisan can choose to 'lock' a principle that has been prepared, meaning that only he can continue work on it later. Bypassing the lock requires making a key skill check (based on the discipline) which beats the principle's current skill check by 5 or more.

Gramarie Specialization: All initiates of gramarie tend to gravitate towards one discipline or another; at 2nd level you must pick one discipline to specialize in. You gain a competence bonus of half your class level on the key skill of your chosen discipline, and can select principles from that discipline which are marked with the [Specialist] tag. A specialist cannot select any doctorate-level principles from other fields of study than their specialization.

Tricksters gift: At 3rd level and every three levels thereafter, an artisan gains a bonus skill trick they meet the prerequisites of as if they spent skill points on it.

Skilled Combatant (Ex): An artisan of 5th level starts to learn how to better use their talents in dangerous environments, dealing +1d6 extra damage in certain situations. The situations are dependent on your Skill Specialization.

• Athlete: Deal additional damage when charging.
    • Craftsmen: Deal additional damage against objects and constructs.
    • Performers: Deal additional damage during surprise rounds.
    • Professionals: Deal additional damage on the first attack they make in a round.
    • Sages: Deal additional damage on creatures if they exceed the identifying knowledge check by ten or more.

Synergy Mastery (Ex): Upon reaching 6th level of artisan, the skill bonus synergy grants is increased to +4. This increases to +8 at 13th level.

Secondary Specialization: Upon reaching 9th level, the artisan can select a second Skill Specialization, gaining all the benefits, except the competence bonus is equal to a quarter of the artisan's class level, and the bonus from Skilled Combatant is based on half their artisan level.

Discovery: At 10th level, and again every two levels thereafter, you make an important discovery in gramaric research. You may choose a single discovery you qualify for off of the list of discoveries for a discipline you are a specialist of.

Legend in his Time (Ex): Upon reaching 20th level, the artisan becomes a true legend in their field. Whenever he makes a skill check for one of his key skills it is automatically a natural 20. In addition, they gain additional benefits depending on their skill specialization.

• Athlete: It is said that a Legend can move fast enough that he can walk by you, and all you will sense is the breeze. The movement modes of the Athlete increases by +30 ft. And for the purpose of determining jump distance, triple the results of acrobatics checks.
    • Craftsman: It is said that whatever a Legend Forges is worth more than double it's weight in platinum. Whenever you craft something, it is automatically masterwork in quality and possesses up to 4000 gp in magical enhancements. These do not change the cost of the item, and are non-magical. A Masterwork +1 Keen Longsword would cost only 15 gp.
    • Performer: It is said that whenever a Legend performs, even the deities of hate and pain weep at it's beauty. Whenever the artisan starts a performance, you can spend a free action to either prepare Immachination principle or implant a psychomantic transmitter inside everyone who senses the performance at any point. These effects last for 10 minutes multiplied by the Perform check.
    • Professional: It is said a Legend always has the right tool for the job, be it in his pack or waiting to be made. The Professional gains a Potential Equipment pool of 5000gp per level. By spending one hour of work in a non-hostile environment, the Professional can convert a portion of this pool into any equipment, vehicle or non-consumable good that he has the ability to make. These items cannot be sold, and are only useful to the Professional - not everyone can see the beauty of smithing with a frying pan, after all... Any items created with this ability can have their value recovered by spending an hour of work, adding their full cost back to the pool. Should an item be destroyed by any other means, the Professional is unable to recover the lost Potential Equipment value of the item for a year and a day.
    • Sage: It is said that a Legend's mind contains more knowledge than even the libraries of gods. At will, the sage can cast Foresight and Legend Lore with a caster level equal to his artisan level. The casting time for legend lore is never more than 1d4×10 minutes. These effects are extraordinary in nature, and still function in anti-magic fields.

Skill Talents
    Spoiler
    Show

General Talents
    • Alter Ego Select one physical appearance that count be accomplished with Disguise Self, with a disguise check (DC 10), you can assume that appearance and have it count as your normal appearance and thus cannot be ruined through perception checks or magic or anything. You gain another Alter Ego at 8 and 16 ranks.
      • Prerequisite: Disguise 1 rank.
    • Arcana Sense This talent constantly grants the ability to use Detect Magic at-will, though it is extraordinary in nature.
      • Prerequisite: Spellcraft 1 rank.
    • Coordinate: The artisan has a knack for getting people to work together. When the artisan can spend a full round directing his allies and makes a DC 10 Diplomacy check, the artisan provides any of his allies he can communicate with a +1 bonus on their attack rolls and skill checks. The bonus lasts for a number of rounds equal to the artisan’s Charisma modifier. The artisan can coordinate a number of allies equal to one-half his artisan level, rounded down (to a minimum of one ally). The bonus to skill checks increases by +1 per 3 ranks of diplomacy you have.
      • Prerequisite: Diplomacy 1 rank.
    • Disable Gramarie With this talent you can remove the effects of gramaric preparations. Removing a principle takes up double the amount of time required for it to be prepared, and a disable device check with a DC of (25 + 2 if a Baccalaureate principle, +5 if a Magisterial principle, or +7 if a Doctorate principle). This may not be used to revert a chassis back to inert biostructure.
      • Prerequisite: Disable Device 5 ranks.
    • Discern Talent With this talent you can size up individuals as you would an object. As a free action once per turn, you can make an appraise check (DC 10+targets HD). On a successful roll, you immediately know the number of HD the target has, and the class they have the most levels in. At five appraise ranks, you also find out how many levels the individual has in their main class. At ten ranks, you identify all the classes the individual has levels in. At fifteen ranks you identify all the class levels that individual possesses.
      • Prerequisite: Appraise 1 rank.
    • Etymologist You gain the truenaming ability of a Truenamer of equal level to your Artisan level, and one 1st level utterance of your choice.
      • Prerequisite: Truespeak 1 rank.
    • Exact Details: You gain half your perception ranks on any knowledge skill check.
      • Prerequisite: Perception 2 ranks.
    • Nimble Physique An artisan with this talent knows how to move his body to fit where others cannot. Whenever the artisan is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the artisan is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. The artisan is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. The artisan can use weapons designed for a creature one size smaller without penalty. However, the space and reach of the artisan remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this talent stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
      • Prerequisite: Escape Artist 4 ranks.
    • Quick Word When an individual with this talent uses diplomacy, they can decide to make the change in attitude only last for 1d6 × 10 minutes in return for the DC to be reduced by -10. At 10 ranks it increases to 1d6 hours. At 20 ranks it increases to 2d12 hours.
      • Prerequisite: Diplomacy 1 rank.
    • Residual Charge Whenever an individual with this talent uses a magic item with charges it has a chance of only using only half a charge. This even functions with single charge items such as potions. To determine if it happens, roll 1d20 with a DC of 20 minus your Use Magic Device ranks. An item with only half a charge remaining functions as if it had one charge remaining.
      • Prerequisite: Use Magic Device 1 rank.
    • Sight without Sight You gain blindsight with a range of 5 ft. per perception rank.
      • Prerequisite: Perception 5 ranks.
    • Simple Training An artisan with this talent can use Handle Animal on any creature that isn't mindless and has an intelligence score equal to or below half the artisan's Handle Animal ranks.
      • Prerequisite: Handle Animal 2 rank.
    • Stitched Flesh Select one mutation without prerequisites. The artisan can use xenobiollurgy as a physician of your Artisan level, but only to attach that graft. Every 5 heal ranks you may select an addition prerequisite lacking graft to be able to apply.
      • Prerequisite: Heal 1 rank.
    • Tiny Terror An artisan with this talent doesn't take penalties to intimidate for being smaller than the target. In addition, you count as one size larger for the purpose of intimidate per 5 ranks in the skill.
      • Prerequisite: Intimidate 1 rank.
    • Tool Intuition Any artisan with this talent automatically can determine the function and method of use of any object with gp value equal to or lower than twenty times their appraise rank.
      • Prerequisite: Appraise 1 rank.
    • Translator Whenever the artisan puts a rank into Linguistics after gaining this talent, he learns how to speak and read three languages instead of one.
      • Prerequisite: Linguistics 1 rank.
    • Use Magical Person: As a full-round action, you can attempt to use the magic of another. Make a melee touch attack, on a successful hit they must make a will save (DC 10 + half artisan level + cha modifier), or attempt to cast a spell of the artisan's choice at the next opportunity, with the artisan able to choose the specifics of that spell. This ability can only be used once every 1d10 minutes. Only spells with a level equal to half the artisan's Use Magic Device ranks -1 can be selected to be used with this ability.
      • Prerequisite: Use Magic Device 2 rank.
    • Word Research Select an Utterance or Incantation that you don't already know, you learn this Utterance or Incantation. You learn an additional Utterance or Incantation per additional two ranks of Truespeak. You still need valid Truenaming ability to be able to use these Utterances or Incantions.
      • Prerequisite: Truespeak 2 rank.

Bluffx2+
    DisableDevice+
    Disguise+
    EscapeArtist+
    Handle Animal+
    Heal+
    Intimidate+
    Linguistics+
    Ridex2+
    SenseMotivex2+
    SleightofHandx2+
    Spellcraft+
    Stealthx2+
    Survivalx2+

Athlete Talents
    • Adjusted Movements: The athlete has enough knowledge of his bodies functions that he can adjust his movements at the last minute. Once every minute you can reroll a skill check for one of your Athlete key skills, you must do this before you know result of the original roll.
    • Athletic Step: The athlete is agile enough that they can make quick hops in the time it takes others to make a single step. The athlete can move an additional 5 ft. when taking a 5 ft. step, provided the athlete travels in a straight line.
    • Nimble: The athlete gains a +10 bonus to base land speed per 4 ranks of acrobatics he has.
      • Prerequisite: Athletic Step, Acrobatics 4 ranks
    • Pounce: The athlete doesn't lose his combat skill just because he's moving faster. The athlete can make a full-attack when charging.
      • Prerequisite: Athletic Step.
    • Feet like Pistons: The athlete is such a skilled climber that he can use his knowledge to climb with his just feet. You can climb even with your hands full. In addition, you can make shorter wall jaunts without having to make checks, acting as the Up the Wall feat except you are always counted as psionically focused.
      • Prerequisite: Climb 3 ranks.
    • Leap: The athlete has learnt how to make quick leaps. Your jumps can exceed your maximum movement for the round. In addition, you always count as taking a running start, with real running starts granting a +10 bonus to the acrobatics roll.
      • Prerequisite: Acrobatics 3 ranks.
    • Thousand Leaps: The athlete can leap from place to place in a flash. During a jump, you can use objects to change the direction of your jump as a free action, even if they would not support your weight. You may do this an unlimited number of times during your jump, but you may still only move a total distance equal to what the jump check would allow.
      • Prerequisite: Leap, Acrobatics 8 ranks.
    • Physical Mastery: The athlete has learned how to apply knowledge of their body in a range of subjects. With this talent, the athlete may substitute ranks in an Athlete key skill for ranks in any skill in which is based strength or dexterity, and the athlete has no ranks may substitute on a two for one basis for the purposes of making these skill checks.
    • Interesting Approach: The athlete can use his knowledge of scaling walls or sinking through the depths to travel through the world of stone. The athlete gains a burrow speed equal to half of either his climb or swim speed (whichever is greater).
      • Prerequisite: Climb or Swim speed.
    • True Movement: The athlete can use his knowledge of scaling walls or sinking through the depths to actually move as a fish or spider. The athlete gains a climb speed of 20 ft. per 4 ranks of climb he has, and a swim speed of 20 ft. per 4 ranks of swim.
      • Prerequisite: Climb 6 ranks or Swim 4 ranks.

Craftsmen Talents
    • Applied Craftsmanship: Craftsmen have learned to apply their understanding of their craft to other crafts. With this talent, they may substitute ranks in a Craft skill for ranks in another Craft in which they have no ranks, on a two for one basis for the purposes of making Craft checks. For example, craftsmen with 10 ranks in Craft (blacksmith) may attempt a Craft (leatherworking) check as if they had 5 ranks in that skill. Ability bonuses and other modifiers are applied as usual.
    • Blade of Science: Whenever the craftsman creates a masterwork weapon, he may select a Baccalaureate principle he knows. Anyone wielding the weapon gains access to the Art of War for that principle, though it may only be used once per minute.
      • Prerequisite: A Baccalaureate Principle.
    • Improved Blade of Science: Whenever the craftsman creates a masterwork weapon, he may select two Baccalaureate principles or one Magisterial principle he knows. Anyone wielding the weapon gains access to the Art of War for those principles, though each may only be used once per minute.
      • Prerequisite: A Magisterial Principle.
    • Ultimate Blade of Science: Whenever the craftsman creates a masterwork weapon, he may select three Baccalaureate principles, two Magisterial principles, or one doctorate principle he knows. Anyone wielding the weapon gains access to the Art of War for those principles, though each may only be used once per minute.
      • Prerequisite: A Doctorate Principle.
    • Homemaker: Not every craftsmen builds weapons, someone has to make those palaces of ice and the flying towers. A craftsman with this Talent can make wondrous architecture as if they were spellcasters with Craft Wondrous Items, even if he does not know the spells required to make the item. He can substitute a Craft (Masonry or similiar) check (DC 15 + spell level for arcane spells or 25 + spell level for divine spells) in place of a required spell he doesn’t know or can’t cast. If the check succeeds, the craftsman can create the item as if he had cast the required spell. If it fails, he cannot complete the item. He does not expend the XP or gp costs for making the item; his progress is simply arrested. He cannot retry this Craft check for that spell until he gains a new level. Wondrous Architecture created by this method are non-magical and thus cannot be dispelled and function in anti-magic fields. The highest level of spell you can mimic with this is equal to half of your highest craft ranks that meet the prerequisites.
      • Prerequisite: 6 ranks in a Crafting Skill related to structures, such as Masonry.

• Mundane Alchemy: Normally only those with magical knowledge can create objects of alchemy. Craftsmen with this talent can use Craft (Alchemy) without requiring caster levels. In addition, they can make potions as if they were spellcasters with Brew Potion, even if he does not know the spells required to make a potion. He can substitute a Craft (Alchemy) check (DC 15 + spell level for arcane spells or 25 + spell level for divine spells) in place of a required spell he doesn’t know or can’t cast. If the check succeeds, the craftsman can create the item as if he had cast the required spell. If it fails, he cannot complete the item. He does not expend the XP or gp costs for making the item; his progress is simply arrested. He cannot retry this Craft (Alchemy) check for that spell until he gains a new level. Potions created by this method are non-magical and thus cannot be dispelled and function in anti-magic fields. The highest level of spell you can mimic with this is equal to half of your craft (Alchemy) ranks.
    • Peerless Crafting:The craftsman’s skill at his craft allows him to create goods faster than most. Select a Craft skill. With this skill, a "week’s" worth of dedicated work can instead be accomplished in a day. This talent can be taken more than once. Each time, it applies to a different Craft skill. At 8 ranks for the craft skill it increases to hours instead of days, at 16 it increases to minutes instead of hours.
    • Item of Renown: With this talent, the craftsman learns how to more efficiently create masterwork items. Select a Craft skill. Masterwork items created with this Craft skill are known as items of distinction. Items of distinction function like other masterwork items, but the additional cost to create them is halved. An item of renown can be recognized as such with a successful DC 15 Appraise check. This talent can be taken more than once. Each time, it applies to a different Craft skill. For every 3 ranks in the chosen craft skill, the bonuses granted by a masterwork items increases by one multiple.
      • Prerequisite: Peerless Crafting.
    • Tool of Destruction: With this talent, the craftsmen learns who to use his expertise on objects to know how to make destructive vibrations. Whenever he would deal bludgeon, piercing or slashing damage with a weapon he can spend a free action to have that damage converted into half the amount of sonic damage.
    • Mastered Vibrations: Whenever a craftsmen with the talent attacks with a weapon, he may deal an additional +1d4 sonic damage. When the highest craft skill's rank is 6 it increases to +1d6, with 8 ranks it increases to +1d8, with ten ranks it increases to +1d10, with 12 ranks it increases to +1d12, and finally at 14 ranks it increases to +2d8.
      • Prerequisite: Tool of Destruction.

Performer Talents
    • Celebrity: The performer has achieved a certain level of widespread fame. Select a Perform skill. With this talent, the performer’s talents are able to command a higher price for performances with that skill. The performer can earn twice the amount listed for a work based on her Perform check result. This talent may be taken more than once. Each time, it applies to a different Perform skill. For every 5 ranks in that perform check the amount gained increases by one multiple.
    • Virtuoso: The performer has learned how to apply skill from one technique to another. With this talent, the performer may substitute ranks in a Perform skill for ranks in another Perform skill in which the performer has no ranks may substitute on a two for one basis for the purposes of making Perform checks. For example, a performer with 10 ranks in Perform (wind instruments) may attempt a Perform (comedy) check as if he had 5 ranks in that skill.

Bardic Musics

Professional Talents
    To be done....

Sage Talents
    To be done.....

Non-Gramarie Artisan
    Artisan can be used in a non-gramarie setting with a few modifications.

Remove the gramarie principles and discoveries, instead granting them the spell list of an Artificer, with the casting progression of a Bard. The ability score used as their casting stat is their highest ability for their key skills. Finally, also add in the Craft Reserve of an Artificer of half their class level.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-01-31 at 02:36 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

NecromancerGuy

Going back to PUIS, I've made a few minor tweaks: The Rey Emitter now has no maximum range, the Ray Reflector can now process an infinite number of ebbs and the Delayed Destruction discovery now applied to wisps as well.

In addition, I'm writing up a few blueprints to detail how PUIS can be used to make some beastly weapons:

Spoiler: Blueprint: Death Star Laser Cannon
    Show
    Name: Death Star Laser Cannon
    Principles: PUIS 101, PUIS 259, PUIS 266
    Optional Principles: PUIS 328, PUIS 371, HEUR 101, HEUR 302, ARCD 176
    Discoveries: Delayed Destruction x2
    Optional Discoveries: More Delayed Destruction, High Energy Fusion, Supercharged Puissance, Incalculable Potential
    Prestige Classes: None
    Optional Prestige Classes: None
    Feats: None
    Optional Feats: Quantised Puissance
    Items: None
    Optional Items: None
    Theories: None
    Optional Theories: None

Step 1: Preapre multiple Capacitors and connect each one to an Irradiator, and connect each Irradiator to a Ray Emitter. Optionally, you may prepare HEUR 302s that prepare them for you (or HEUR 302s that prepare HEUR 302s that prepare them...). The Irradiators and the Capacitors must each have Delayed Destruction applied to them twice. Optionally, you may connect the Capacitors to Amplifiers, which may in turn optionally produce high energy fusions, or to Polarisers, which may in turn optionally produce superebbs.

Step 2: Aim all of the Ray Emitters at a single Ray Reflector. If you possess additional Delayed Destructions, place an appropriate number of ray reflectors in a chain so as to maximise the additonal power that they generate. If you have Quantised Puissance, you should place the Ray Emitters close enough to the Ray Reflector to benefit from its effects (as well as all Ray Reflectors if you have a Ray Reflector chain). Optionally, you may attach the final Ray Reflector to an IronIn and an IronOut, and attach them both to a heuristic circuit, so that the Ray Reflector can be aimed with logical decisions; otherwise, the Ray Reflector must be aimed manually.

Step 3: Supply the Capacitors/Polarisers/Amplifiers with ebbs (ideally generated from a replenishable source like the short-circuit generator). These ebbs are processed by each device in turn, until they are stored within the Ray Reflector. If you possess multiple Ray Reflectors, fill them all up. If you possess the Incalculable Potential discovery, you will be able to store more ebbs than you otherwise would.

Step 4 (If being used as a Mega Cannon): Activate (either with a physical command or a logical decision form an attached heuristic circuit) the wisps in the Ray Reflector, while simultaneously supplying the Capacitors/Polarisers/Amplifiers with all the additional ebbs that you can. If you are using Fusions, have the Ray Reflector separate them. Thus will result in a blast of pulsants (which may also possess a charge) being launched in the direction in which the Ray Refector is aimed, with an infinite range.

Step 4 (If being used as a charge-and-detach portable weapon): Transport the Ray Reflector(s) as you desire (such as with a semi-space), and unleash the wisps at your leisure.

Notes: The more Capacitor/Irradiator/Ray Emitter combinations created, the more space this design will take up. The blast that this weapon generates is extremely large, so be prepared by aiming only at extremely far away targets and/or setting up defences against hellfire damage and negative levels.

EDIT:
    Spoiler: Blueprint: PPG
    Show
    Name: PPG (Puissance Pulse Grenade)
    Principle: PUIS 101, PUIS 149, PUIS 259/371
    Optional Principles: HEUR 101, HEUR 328, HEUR 266, YGGD 101, PUIS 328
    Discoveries: None
    Optional Discoveries: Rabbit Hole, Incalculable Potential, Delayed Reaction, Field Intelligence, High-Energy Fusion, Supercharged Puissance
    Prestige Classes: None
    Optional Prestige Classes: None
    Feats: None
    Optional Feats: Equivalent Circuits
    Items: None
    Optional Items: None
    Theories: None
    Optional Theories: None

Step 1: Prepare a polariser to turn a supply of ebbs into charged ebbs. If you possess supercharged puissance, make the changed ebbs superebbs using a superpole. If you possess PUIS 328, prepare an amplifier to turn the charged ebbs into fusions. Then prepare a capacitor to turn the charged ebbs into wisps.

Step 2: Prepare a field emitter and store as many charged wisps as possible within it (taking Incalculable Potential will raise this number). Optionally, you may create a heuristic circuit (ideally a short circuit) and make it into a field intelligence connected to the field emitter, so that the ebbs can be better directed. If you possess HEUR 266 or HEUR 328, you may set up the FI to connect to components automatically. As an additional option, you may create a semi-space and store the field emitter inside it for easy transportation, and if you possess rabbit hole and have connected the field emitter to a field intelligence, you may even activate the PPG while it is still within the semi-space.

Step 3: Transport the field emitter as you wish, and when you wish to activate it command the charged wisps to be released. You may use Delayed Reaction to create a time delay before the ebbs are released.

Notes: You may use PUIS 259 instead of PUIS 371 to create a more destructive but uncontrollable blast. If you do so, make sure that you have enough Delayed Destructions for the Pulsants to pass through all the necessary components.

EDIT2: The PPG has been finished.
    Last edited by Rolep; 2014-01-10 at 01:16 PM.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

29. - Top - End - #239

This is technically just to my own benefit really. I don't think I missed any major classes.

Classes to FH
    1. Artificer: Chemist (ALCH) [Formula]
    2. Alchemist: Geneticist (BIOY)
    3. Barbarian: Autopilot (BIOY) [Mutator]
    4. Bard: Artisan (*) [Talented]
    5. Cavalier: Biojack (BIOY) [Bonded Chassis]
    6. Cleric: Thaumaturgist [Divine]
    7. Druid: Anabolist [Gramarist]
    8. Fighter: Soldier [Martial]
    9. Inquisitor: Judge (DIVT) [Binder]
    10. Healer: Physician [Mutations]
    11. Marshal: Politician (PSYC) [Aura]
    12. Magus: Somaticist [Manifest Form]
    13. Monk: Thánatos [Mythos]
    14. Psion: Netrunner (HEUR) [Psionic]
    15. Psychic Warrior: Warmaker [Principle]
    16. Ranger: Shiftblade (YGGD) [Martial]
    17. Rogue: Agent (IMCH) [Mysteries]
    18. Spellthief Heartbreaker (CONT) [Inspired]
    19. Sorcerer: Maleficium [Arcane]
    20. Summoner: Atomist (ARCD) [Technician]
    21. Soulknife: Forger [Soulmelder]
    22. Truenamer: Truenamer [Word]
    23. Warlock: Locus (GEOC) [Invoker]
    24. Wizard: Gramarist (*) [Principle]

Blue = Done
    Red = Work in Progress
    Black = Conceptual

Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Class|Commoner Role|Military Role|Underground Role
    Agent|Illusionists|Spies|Thieves
    Anabolist|Breeders|Bioweapons|Harvesters
    Artisan (A)|Athlete|Runners|Thieves
    Artisan (C)|Mint|Weaponsmith|*
    Artisan (Pe)|Musican|*|Prostitute
    Artisan (Pr)|Workers|*|Gamblers
    Artisan (S)|Researchers|Strategist|Mastermind
    Atomist|Manager|Elemental Legion|*
    Autopilot|*|Super Soldier|Monster
    Biojack|Cyborg|Pilot|Harvester
    Chemist|Chemist|Explosives|Drug Maker
    Forger|*|All Situation Soldier|*
    Gramarist|Scientist|Weapon Maker|Mad Scientist
    Heartbreaker|Removalist|Saboteur|Hacker
    Judge|Priest|*|Cultist
    Locus|Farmer|*|*
    Maleficium|Dragon Pawn|Dragon Mole|Dragon Operator
    Marksmen|*|Sniper|Hitman
    Netrunner|Technician|Security|Hacker
    Politician|Politician|Commander|*
    Shiftblade| *|Soldier|*
    Soldier|*|Soldier|*
    Somaticist|Inactive|Experimental Weapon|*
    Thánatos|Psychopath|Spec Ops|Assassin
    Thaumaturgist|Priest|*|Cultist
    Truenamer|*|*|*
    Xenoalchemist|Physician|Medic|Harvester
    Warmaker|Retired|General|Pirate
    [/table]
    * = No idea what to put there
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-02-10 at 12:46 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

KALD filter visibility has bugged me for a while... Wall of Force creates an invisible wall, but the KALD filters are all based on colors... As such, here's a proposed "fix" for that:

• Added to KALD 101, likely between the third and fourth paragraphs:
      • All filters are at least mildly visible, ranging from a light tinting of its area to being almost completely opaque. A filter's opacity is determined at the time of creation, and may later be changed as a logical decision. Any filters at or above 75% opacity drop any light passing through it by one step (bright -> shadowy -> darkness). Harmful abilities based on the use of light (such as a Searing Light spell) are not reduced by this effect.
    • Modification to KALD 379:
      • When I said that was the final filter, I was lying. This is the super-secret actual final filter. This principle works like KALD 101, except that all filters created with KALD 379 are completely opaque. This cannot be changed by any means.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Updated news on the front page as well.
    Last edited by Fako; 2014-01-10 at 06:04 PM.
    Amazing Abjuration Avatar made by Serpentine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramarie IRC
    <Fako> Most of my contributions to the system have been in the form of taking a baseball bat to other homebrewer's works.
    <~sirpercival> haha
    <Fako> You laugh because it's true :P
    <~sirpercival> yes. yes i do.
    Skinshred Swarm (CR 9) / Reaper Wolf (CR 5) / Demonecris (CR 18)
    Indomitable (Melee PrC [5 Lvl])