New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Persona In The Playground-The Next Step

It was unusually dark and quite in the headquarters, the only source of light was the faint glow of the velvet door. Jessica was the first one to arrive. She was tired and a little pissed she didn't have the time to catch up on her studying, and now she had to sacrifice her morning. She didn't like any sudden change of plans, but it wasn't her decision. Her father wasn't really in a good mood and she wasn't about to poke that hornet's nest. Sometimes it is best not to know the answer. She was sure about one thing, the order came from somewhere above him, and if they are interfering with something so insignificant they must have a good reason.
    At least the operatives were notified in time, they won't be happy, but they will be here. She still wasn't sure that giving them all the keys to the headquarters was a good idea, but hopefully they aren't stupid enough to touch the equipment. On top of that the professor decided to add another operative to the group. That wasn't her problem anyway, it was Benjamin's task to bring him down here.
    She considered turning the lights on, but she decide that this semi-darkness was more appropriate. Instead, she decided to turn on her computer and all the equipment connected to it.
    "I might as well check out what's going on, since I'm the first one here."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosant View Post
    This is evil, evil GMing. Brilliant, good sir!

LGBTAitP
    Philemon avatar by the awesome Morbis Meh.
    Suikoden Tabletop-Work in progress

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Persona In The Playground-The Next Step

It would probably surprise most people who knew him, but Kennen arrived not long after Jessica did. He slumped into the room, still clutching two to-go cups of coffee. He'd grabbed the other for Levi on a whim, but seeing Jessica made him reconsider.

"Cheers," he said shortly, putting the cup down next to her.
    Spoiler: I got a cookie!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Baveboi View Post
    Nersxe gets a cookie.

Spoiler: I write
    Show
    The Named, a superhero webnovel where names are everything. (Updated 3/14/14)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

The call came and woke the sleeping bear, disturbing his precious rest but get up he did despite his body screaming at him to ignore it. His mind knew what it was for and he would heed the call but this time he would be more prepared than previously; he had finished receiving his possessions from home so it was time for him to gear up. Strapping on his practice armor, a practice plate made of boiled leather and stained black to blend in better with the other side, Levi grabbed his card and keys and left his room.

The walk to the basement was a peaceful one, the majority of the student body and faculty were still sleeping and blissfully unaware of what was going on. The big Russian was surprised to see Kennen here before everyone else but gave no indication of his emotion. He approached Jessica and stood straight offering a proper salute "Operative Averin reporting for duty Commander."

Spoiler: @Asteron Emperor of the Velvet Room
    Show
    Good say sir, I was curious to know if I met the requirement for the social threads to advance in level? Also I am reminding you I spent my training points and went full caster (Mabufu and Bufala were the new additions to my spell repitoire and I chose Dark Mastery I so he can spam Mudo if he runs low on SP.
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2013-12-12 at 09:32 AM.
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Damian came in not long after Levi. Surprisingly he wasn't all that tired. He stretched languidly, multiple pops emitting from him as he walked in. He wasn't quite a morning person but he usually did wake up in the earlier mornings for a few light exercises such as shadow boxing. Taking one of the many seats he said, "Hey there Jessica, looks like your having a rough morning. Need any help?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nersxe View Post
    It would probably surprise most people who knew him, but Kennen arrived not long after Jessica did. He slumped into the room, still clutching two to-go cups of coffee. He'd grabbed the other for Levi on a whim, but seeing Jessica made him reconsider.

"Cheers," he said shortly, putting the cup down next to her.
    Jessica was to focused on the screen to react to Kennen's arrival. She gave him a quick glance and a slight nod before getting back to the screen.
    "I don't really drink coffee. It's not good for my blood pressure."

Quote Originally Posted by Morbis Meh View Post
    "Operative Averin reporting for duty Commander."
    "20 minutes early. It is nice to see someone is taking this seriously. Make yourselves comfortable, the others should be here shortly. The furniture is not very comfortable, but it's functional. That's the last time I let Alexander make the order."
    The last sentence was spoken quietly, but still loud enough for others to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    "Hey there Jessica, looks like your having a rough morning. Need any help?"
    "You have no idea how nice that would be. Unfortunately, by the time I thought you how to use my equipment it would be time for dinner. Or maybe lunch, if you are a quick study."

Surprisingly, her usual aggressive attitude was gone. Maybe she was just too focused on the screen, or maybe there was something else. Whatever it was, she seamed different than yesterday.
    Show

LGBTAitP

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Kennen shrugged, finding himself a seat and sucking at his own coffee. "Whatever. Give it to someone else, then."
    Show
    Nersxe gets a cookie.

Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nersxe View Post
    Kennen shrugged, finding himself a seat and sucking at his own coffee. "Whatever. Give it to someone else, then."
    "Benjamin usually takes care of the coffee, but since he has other obligations this morning, one of you could make a fresh batch. Kitchen is across the hall, the key is on the table. It's fully stocked so if you missed breakfast you can take anything you want. Except the candy bars, those belong to Alexandra and she will punish you if you touch them."
    Show

LGBTAitP

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Soga stepped through the basement's door yawning and stretching. He felt his body awkward and kinda numb.

"Hey, I didn't know heroes had to get up so early. What's with the early call, did something interesting happen?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Soga stepped through the basement's door yawning and stretching. He felt his body awkward and kinda numb.

"Hey, I didn't know heroes had to get up so early. What's with the early call, did something interesting happen?"
    "Let me disperse all of your illusions, you are always on call, whatever you are doing you will always be thinking about your next mission and the worst thing, you don't get a batmobile. Life is so cruel.
    To answer your question, yes, something is happening, and no, you may not know what, since I don't know it myself, and our captain is not in a mood to explain."

The door slowly opens and a new face appears, followed by Benjamin.

"This is the headquarters, you will get your key later. Please don't touch the equipment, it is very sensitive, and you are not trained to operate it. The kitchen is across the hall, here is the key." He picks up the key from the table. "It is always here unless someone is using it. I presume no one bothered to make a fresh batch of coffee, so I will do it. Does anyone want breakfast?"
    Show

LGBTAitP

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asteron Questar View Post
    "Let me disperse all of your illusions, you are always on call, whatever you are doing you will always be thinking about your next mission and the worst thing, you don't get a batmobile. Life is so cruel."
    "Ow, no ride either? In that case, letting me disguise the communicator as a Batphone is a deal-breaker to me."

With a short shake of his arms and a kick of his feet, Soga shook off the last of his sleepiness, or at least tried.

"Tongue-in-cheek aside, what do we know? Another team needs help? Shadow uprising? Surprise inspection?"

"Hey, James! Rise and shine!"
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "What's this? A railroad? Well, we better cross it now, or the train will come along and sweep us down the tracks!"

*kills important NPC, avoids entire planned out plot*

11. - Top - End - #11

Levi regards Soga silently not bothering to chime in on the conversation How is it these people are still alive when they don't take this job responsibly? Do they think this some pleasure cruise?

He remains standing even though he was offered to sit, in this line of work there was no time for sitting around so he didn't bother. Levi kept his face neutral when the new operative came in with the other field commander. This was not a time for chit chat, he only wanted the others to arrive so he could receive his mission briefing and execute it.
    Blarg...

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

James is dressed quite differently than he was at school. He's wearing a tight black shirt and a cargo vest over his upper body and a pair of fatigues and leather boots.

He acknowledges Soga's greeting and shakes his head when the batmobile is mentioned.

Certainly dark and creepy enough down here for it though... How many are we waiting on?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Brianna slumped into the semi-dark room and promptly plopped herself into a desk in the corner, exhausted. She wore a shirt, jeans and the usual necklace around her neck. While some others had coffee, she had a bottle of Mountain Dew: Gamefuel with her. Fitting considering she had been gaming up until about two hours before then when she had finally passed out. She found it easier to just go until you crashed rather than normal sleep schedules.

Looking around she took in what was going on but decided it wasn't worth her energy. She offered a tired smile to Damian and even to Levi--all memory of their arguement seemingly gone--before laying her head down on the desk. Just a few more minutes...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

11:30 P.M.

Will stared at the ceiling, lying down on his bed. Sleep seemed to avoid him, due to his mind running over and over what had happened. To him, this seemed like a ridiculous thing to stay awake over, but it made him more excited the more he thought about it. Also, his surprise over how many knew BEFORE joining up was astounding. It seemed like out of everyone, Will had nothing interesting to him. He was a nice guy, sure, but at the end of the day it didn't count for anything when it came to people like Brianna, or Levi. He felt like a bunch of people seemed broken in some way in there, either on a mental level or a spiritual level. Did that mean that he was broken? Did his older brother absence leave a noticeable scar in him? Thoughts flood his mind, and he did the best to push them away. Slowly, after tossing and turning for a while, he finally managed to lull himself to sleep.

The Next Day

Will had received a message from Brianna, ordering all Students to report to the basement for today's assignment. Early, but nothing coffee wouldn't solve. Stopping by the coffee shop today, Will orders an extra large coffee, black yet again. It took him a bit however to decide on what to get, as he wanted to change it up. However he knew that it was going to be another long day.

The way to the door was still the same, and he made sure no one followed him by accident. He opened the door, not sure if he was early or late. Immediately however he spots Soga, and Levi. He quickly gives a small hello to Brianna before moving somewhere. He didn't sit down, since it wasn't necessary, he knew that pretty soon either someone will come through that door or orders would be given out. He checked to make sure he still had everything he needed from yesterday. Velvet card and communicator still on him in his right pocket, along with his medallion and Evoker in his left pocket. He pulls out his medallion, playing with it to draw his attention elsewhere for now. Looking around every so often to take a sip from his coffee.
    Last edited by Chase_D; 2013-12-13 at 12:19 PM.
    Time Zone : GMT - 4:00 (EDT)
    Many nights go by, each one making me regret more and more about who I have become. It doesn't get any easier, but I take comfort in feeling like I can at least trying to make a difference.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Davis steps into the basement, loudly sipping on his espresso. His movements seemed both careful and shaky, his sleepy gaze drifting about absentmindedly. In his hands he was carrying two styrofoam cups, the other already half empty. The youth slumped over to a small table, setting down the cups before turning his attention to Jessica. He did a motion that could perhaps remind one of a certain cartoon character chewing on a carrot. "Eh, what's up, doc?" His imitation of Bugs Bunny was awful, but usually he could at least do it with a straight face. This, as it turned out, was not one of those times, as not only could he not finish the quote without snickering, but he outright burst into laughter after finishing it.

Just goes to show that sometimes too much of a good thing didn't work out all that well, especially when said good thing was four-and-a-half cups of high quality espresso.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

16. - Top - End - #16

AssassinGuy

James looks at Davis. I'm sorry, was that supposed to be Bugs Bunny? You sound like Eric Cartman mixed with Rob Schneider.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

It's Lenora's turn to enter the basement. She couldn't help but choose a skirt, shirt, and vest that looked expensive. Humility wasn't among her qualities.
    "Greetings, everyone. What's happening today?", she asked pleasantly, trying to look radiant. First, second, and third impressions were all important, therefore she needed to look like she was already full of energy, when the truth was that she wasn't a morning kind of student.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

18. - Top - End - #18

Levi's head turned at the cheerful greeting and quickly notices yet another new face. He takes one look and immediately feels disgust and unfortunately for him he is too tired to hide it "Stupidity it seems that's 'what's up' or better what just walked in. He mutters it under his breath low enough that only Brianna, who he is closest to would hear it then proceeds to softly spew a string of muttering curses in Russian.
    Blarg...

19. - Top - End - #19

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    It's Lenora's turn to enter the basement. She couldn't help but choose a skirt, shirt, and vest that looked expensive. Humility wasn't among her qualities.
    "Greetings, everyone. What's happening today?", she asked pleasantly, trying to look radiant. First, second, and third impressions were all important, therefore she needed to look like she was already full of energy, when the truth was that she wasn't a morning kind of student.
    Why hello, I don't think we've met. I'm James. I'm new around here, if you can't tell. What's your name, Chiquita?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Chiquita?" Kennen asked sarcastically, breaking his silence to give the kid a disbelieving look. "What, is she a banana?"
    Show
    Nersxe gets a cookie.

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

The girl glares in disbelief. "Lenora Hepaunton, as in Hepaunton Corporation, and I have enough money to buy the next company you'll work at and ensure you get fired on the spot. If I don't own it already." (Conveniently avoiding to mention that, of course, as a teenage girl, she has no role no power in her late father's corporation.)
    The smirk that immediately follows is cold as the North Pole. "... but I am sure we both misheard you, and there is no reason to get angry. Isn't it? No need to get on a bad start for a less than optimal word choice."
    Silently, though, Lenora took mental note to ruin that "James"'s life in whatever petty way she will find fit.
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Damain sighs as more people start walking in. He shakes his head no at Benjamin when he asks about breakfast and leans in close to Jessica as he whispers, "I'll try to corral this lot so that you don't have to get worked up. So try to relax, well as much as you can with work." With a cheery wave towards her and Brianna Damian heads into the breach.

Damian waves towards Davis and he says in a well meaning voice, "Might wanna work on the delivery champ." He then walks over to James and Lenora to shake hands with the both of them. "Nice to meet the both of you, names Damian Rosier. Anyway don't worry too much about what your going to do here. You've got some of the 'old guard' as it were to help keep things smooth. And Lenora? A big part of this group is being able to work with others. Your attitude could come off as antagonistic if you keep it up. Just try to relax okay? We can see that you are used to a higher standard of living, but your among comrades here. So try not to throw it around so much."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Seeing the sparks already flying, Will stops flipping his medallion and puts it away. Although yesterday was great for him to get to know Lenora, this side of her was although scary, was rather interesting. James was going to get himself into some hot water if he continues.

"Hey Lenora-san, you excited for today?" Trying to draw the attention away from James, so that he didn't have 'another' incident again. "I think you'll have a good time, perhaps even learn something about yourself." giving her a small wink.
    Last edited by Chase_D; 2013-12-13 at 03:57 PM.
    Time Zone : GMT - 4:00 (EDT)
    Many nights go by, each one making me regret more and more about who I have become. It doesn't get any easier, but I take comfort in feeling like I can at least trying to make a difference.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Lenora sighs. "Alriiiight. I'll relax." The suggestion mostly flew over her head, though.
    At least, she caught the occasion to change topics. She winks back at Will. "We'll get to see those Shadows, right? I'll do fine, I think! We'll all do fine."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Brianna moaned when the next group came in, being loud and obnoxious. Couldn't they wait a few more minutes before screwing around? He looked at Levi. "Third group of noobs in as many missions... Each worst than the last--you and Kennen being the exeptions to the rule."

26. - Top - End - #26

GreenSorcererElf

"Am I late?"

Asked Sho, noticing the number of people already in the room before him. He didn't expect morning calls, to be honest. Now that he thought about it, he should've expected them, but you don't see heroes getting woken up early to fight the forces of evil in the shows. Lucky them.

"Soo, from 1 to 10, how much should I worry about our mission?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Kennen starts at Brianna's unexpected credit given, but doesn't comment. All his ability to words has been used up with the banana crack, and only coffee can resuscitate him now.
    Show
    Nersxe gets a cookie.

Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Levin grins wickedly then lowers voice "I already made suggestion to Commander Jessica that we start betting pool on how long the new recruits survive on the other side. 500 yen says the princess lasts a week and no more... Maybe we start odds as well make this a legitimate betting pool. If we get stuck with her we could use her as bait or a chew toy."
    Blarg...

29. - Top - End - #29

AssassinGuy

James leans over to Lenora. Ooh, tough break chiquita. he gave me three. I think it's the skirt. Outside of certain genres of manga I don't think many women have kicked much ass in miniskirts. Then again you strike me as the sort who's used to setting trends, so maybe that'll be our new uniform standard. I must warn you though, I don't do pleats.

James is entirely too energetic and cheerful for his thuggish appearance and the early hour.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"1000 Po- Yen she won't make it through today." Had she really been about to say that? Yeah, way to early in the morning. "I thought Kennen's presence would be a big enough affront to draw every shadow over there to our position. I imagine she'll fare even worse." She gracefully glossed over the fact she had very nearly done the same thing just the other day when she had screamed at her team. That had been a bad day for her.