New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece III: Cups!

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    the issue with that water shot is that it never happened in the manga(i think), the anime really powered those guys up, in the manga they were all super weak, remember that zoro one shot hody while underwater.
    Thank goodness they powered them up. Before that the arc has absolutely no sense of danger. I have never understood why people dislike that just like people complain about Black Beard getting in some good hits on Whitebeard at Marineford.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

This week's chapter was kind of great:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The irony of Doflamingo saying how Luffy won't leave the arena as a human, when infact he left it while dressed as a figh. That "only Franky is attacking the toy factory, they'll never get into the basement" while Ussop and Nico are already in. It's all kind of great.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Thank goodness they powered them up. Before that the arc has absolutely no sense of danger. I have never understood why people dislike that just like people complain about Black Beard getting in some good hits on Whitebeard at Marineford.
    Blackbeard didn't get good hits on Whitebeard at all in the manga?

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Blackbeard didn't get good hits on Whitebeard at all in the manga?
    If I recall he literally shows up once Whitebeard kicks it and steals his fruit.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This week's chapter was kind of great:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The irony of Doflamingo saying how Luffy won't leave the arena as a human, when infact he left it while dressed as a figh. That "only Franky is attacking the toy factory, they'll never get into the basement" while Ussop and Nico are already in. It's all kind of great.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not to mention that he says "Their only pieces left" not realizing they have Mr. Soldier and a whole army of Tontatta.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground

If I recall he literally shows up once Whitebeard kicks it and steals his fruit.
    In the manga, he shows up, tries to fight Whitebeard, gets utterly pwned, has his crew join in to kill him, then steals his power.

In the anime, he seems to be kicking Whitebeard's ass for a while before Whitebeard pwns him. Which kinda diminishes that scene imo, because the original served to show just how far beyond anyone else Whitebeard was in terms of strength.
    Last edited by Lord of the Helms; 2014-01-15 at 01:24 PM.
    You are a Rose, You are a blade
    I'm Down on my knees in the dark and fiery reign
    -David Defeis, Virgin Steele

The Official Pharaoh Pimp - Power Metal at its finest!

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think Sabo will eventually get closer to Rebecca, then she will get the Mera Mera no Mi... then she will join the crew.
    Last edited by Vanitas; 2014-01-15 at 02:09 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 4442-0172-6654 Safari: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchinder)

8. - Top - End - #158

Devil

Spoiler
    Show
    so, this served both to make byron an actual threat for the future but to also keep rebecca relevant for the rest of the arc, nice! and i agree, dofla talking about things as if it was all going according to plan while it wasn't AT ALL was great.
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2014-01-15 at 02:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

dude, thats a spoiler AND simply speculation, box that up.

Spoiler
    Show
    so, this served both to make byron an actual threat for the future but to also keep rebecca relevant for the rest of the arc, nice! and i agree, dofla talking about things as if it was all going according to plan while it wasn't AT ALL was great.
    I'm really sorry! boxed it up. You should delete the quote, btw.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Sabo will eventually get closer to Rebecca, then she will get the Mera Mera no Mi... then she will join the crew.
    Nope. She needs to rule her kingdom. If OP has established one thing it is "No princesses among the Straw Hats" No matter how often Oda might tease us.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

yay new chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    I know I made the prediction for it, but I did not actually expect Group Luffy to run into Viola

12. - Top - End - #162

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm really looking forward to the breakdown he'll have once he realizes how spectacularly wrong he was. Expecting it to be really epic.
    Last edited by Lord of the Helms; 2014-01-15 at 03:59 PM.
    You are a Rose, You are a blade
    I'm Down on my knees in the dark and fiery reign
    -David Defeis, Virgin Steele

The Official Pharaoh Pimp - Power Metal at its finest!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

New Chapter:

This is why the Evil Overlord List exists!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Helms View Post
    In the manga, he shows up, tries to fight Whitebeard, gets utterly pwned, has his crew join in to kill him, then steals his power.

In the anime, he seems to be kicking Whitebeard's ass for a while before Whitebeard pwns him. Which kinda diminishes that scene imo, because the original served to show just how far beyond anyone else Whitebeard was in terms of strength.
    I dispute any kicking of ass, since Whitebeard getting hit was rather well established to mean absolutely nothing at that point and nothing Teach pulled was close to Akainu. And it wasn't terribly long.

The manga was much funnier though.

I'm really sorry! boxed it up. You should delete the quote, btw.
    Nothing in there was a spoiler for this week and we barely keep them through the day of in this thread.

Anyone wants me to make the boxes completely unnecessary I will put spoiler in the thread title and proceed to post a summary of the new chapter everytime it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Nope. She needs to rule her kingdom. If OP has established one thing it is "No princesses among the Straw Hats" No matter how often Oda might tease us.
    What are you talking about Vivi is totally a Straw Hat. As if mere physical presence was relevant. She's just on an extended special liberty chit.

Don't believe me? She's the only one in the world that got what Luffy was up to in the wind down of Part 1 she just lacked the info to get the whole message.

Once you have a bit more redundancy for leading a kingdom.... that said given all that's going on I think Rebecca's odds are low at this point.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2014-01-15 at 04:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Na if anyone in this arc is going to join it is Moosey err Bellamy, at this point he currently has no real place to go, since his connection to Mingo is gone he has no crew now.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Eh, right now Bellamy reminds me of Gin from the Baratie story arc and Gin stayed loyal to Krieg so....

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. i really liked the reveal of who really caused everyone to drop down like that, though now i really want to see when Zorro finaly matches swords with Habaku
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

17. - Top - End - #167

But this country has two princesses...

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

And I believe Violet is in fact the older one, thus the responsibilities would fall on to her.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    What are you talking about Vivi is totally a Straw Hat. As if mere physical presence was relevant. She's just on an extended special liberty chit.
    Okay, you're right there. Then let me rephrase that: No princesses are going to sail on the Sunny long term

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    And I believe Violet is in fact the older one, thus the responsibilities would fall on to her.
    Ah, I forgot about that... (also, likely soldier will become human again) Then... we already have two (three) sword fighters? Swords are cool and all but how about some variety?
    Kind of a tangent question: Why are swords so much more popular than say axes or spears?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

And a king, and a possibly a prince depending on if Rebecca is via the maternal or paternal lines.

Ah, I forgot about that... (also, likely soldier will become human again) Then... we already have two (three) sword fighters? Swords are cool and all but how about some variety?
    Kind of a tangent question: Why are swords so much more popular than say axes or spears?
    In general? Any number of reasons but probably a historical rarity and association with nobility. Maybe something with how the sword is a "pure" weapon, it has no other purpose but killing men. Whatever the reason it has a symbolism of power beyond other weapons.

In One Piece... because pirates used swords and guns yo!

21. - Top - End - #171

Well, you know... heroes prefer swords.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Speaking of, it's hilarious how they wanted to disqualify Rebecca because she may have had a gun. Haki, devil fruit, fine. Gun? Hell no! *chuckles*

I honestly can't see Rebecca joining, and honestly, I'm not sure anyone from Dressrosa will join. Soras says Vivi is a Straw Hat? If that's the case, Jinbei is as well. He accepted Luffy's invitation after all, and the Straw Hats still need a helmsman, which he would qualify for.

No, at this point, the Straw Hats are going to start gathering allied crews/world powers. Dressrosa, assuming all goes well, will be definitely be joining that list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Speaking of, it's hilarious how they wanted to disqualify Rebecca because she may have had a gun. Haki, devil fruit, fine. Gun? Hell no! *chuckles*

I honestly can't see Rebecca joining, and honestly, I'm not sure anyone from Dressrosa will join. Soras says Vivi is a Straw Hat? If that's the case, Jinbei is as well. He accepted Luffy's invitation after all, and the Straw Hats still need a helmsman, which he would qualify for.

No, at this point, the Straw Hats are going to start gathering allied crews/world powers. Dressrosa, assuming all goes well, will be definitely be joining that list.
    Well to be fair, when they were releasing commemrotive coins of Luffy and the Straw Hat crew, Jinbei was included in the coin set, so he's going to join eventually.

I for one don't think Rebecca will join the main crew, but she IS an ally, that much is for sure. I am fairly confident that no one will join this arc, but that it will add to the allies that Luffy has. I also think the next arc will involve Dragon and his resistacne fighters finally meeting up with Luffy, seeing as how Koala and Sabo are here.

EDIT: Just realized you said all of what I just said
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-01-16 at 02:18 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

they are going to start? they been building alliances since the start of the series, the short list of what I can think of in terms of folks who could show up in the "War of the best 2"

Zeff and the Baratie, Dandan and her bandits, those two bounty hunters Zoro was buds with, Drum Island, Alabasta, Skypeia, Franky Family, Iceberg and his crew, The Transvestite Land, The Fishmen and Dressrosa(by the end of this arc) OH and Amazon lily but nobody cares about them.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well to be fair, when they were releasing commemrotive coins of Luffy and the Straw Hat crew, Jinbei was included in the coin set, so he's going to join eventually.

I for one don't think Rebecca will join the main crew, but she IS an ally, that much is for sure. I am fairly confident that no one will join this arc, but that it will add to the allies that Luffy has. I also think the next arc will involve Dragon and his resistacne fighters finally meeting up with Luffy, seeing as how Koala and Sabo are here.

EDIT: Just realized you said all of what I just said
    It's okay LaZ. Good to know you agree, really. I think Dragon showing up soon is a decent prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    they are going to start? they been building alliances since the start of the series, the short list of what I can think of in terms of folks who could show up in the "War of the best 2"

Zeff and the Baratie, Dandan and her bandits, those two bounty hunters Zoro was buds with, Drum Island, Alabasta, Skypeia, Franky Family, Iceberg and his crew, The Transvestite Land, The Fishmen and Dressrosa(by the end of this arc) OH and Amazon lily but nobody cares about them.
    Well, not start. But new allies will be full on replacing new crew mates. But of the allies they've amassed so far, very few are actually helpful. Of what you listed, Alabasta, the Fishmen, Amazon Lily, and maybe Drum Island would be useful. Dressoras may be useful, but they haven't actually gathered there support yet, so I'm not going to say they will be.

26. - Top - End - #176

I little off topic, but I just realized something. Captain Kuro is like the only villain who hasn't had ANY sort of "where are they now?" segments.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I little off topic, but I just realized something. Captain Kuro is like the only villain who hasn't had ANY sort of "where are they now?" segments.
    Arlong had one? I know in the anime it was alluded to they might come back, but that was stupid filler crap.

28. - Top - End - #178

PirateGuy

I think it's because Kuro wasn't really all that memorable, and not really very indicative of the thematic style of One Piece in general.

Of course he probably has his fans but really, if you took one look at him and was asked what anime he probably came from, would any of your first 3 guesses be One Piece?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, not start. But new allies will be full on replacing new crew mates. But of the allies they've amassed so far, very few are actually helpful. Of what you listed, Alabasta, the Fishmen, Amazon Lily, and maybe Drum Island would be useful. Dressoras may be useful, but they haven't actually gathered there support yet, so I'm not going to say they will be.
    Eh Buggy was in Gol's crew so low power folks apparently have some use in the New world.

Also the water 7 crew have to show up later for one reason, they were building their island into a giant ship, that is just too awesome of a thing to state is going to happen without it mattering later.

30. - Top - End - #180

Arlong had one? I know in the anime it was alluded to they might come back, but that was stupid filler crap.
    ...right, good point.