New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XXXIII: The only winning move is not to play

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I can't do that. Apparently, taking it apart requires 'special tools" and I have no tools.
    Literally $0.01*

*Plus $3.98 Shipping

Edit: If you do go this route, remember that one of the screws is hidden under a sticker behind the battery pack (assuming it's a wireless controller. I don't know how wired ones might be different).
    Last edited by Krade; 2014-01-06 at 03:24 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'm trying to figure this out because its driving me crazy, who was it that gifted me XCOM: Alien Unknown to me last year sometime? I'm trying to figure out who that is, but can't seem to be able to find who did it.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Okay, I'm trying to figure this out because its driving me crazy, who was it that gifted me XCOM: Alien Unknown to me last year sometime? I'm trying to figure out who that is, but can't seem to be able to find who did it.
    Do you mean UFO: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: UFO Defense, or XCOM: Enemy Unknown?
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    If you can't find anything and are at your last end on it, <<< Do this at your own risk>>> try taking a washcloth with some alcohol and run around the button letting the alch run into the controller.
    You keep giving these instructions with disclaimers. Alcohol is exactly what you should use to clean electronics. You could probably bathe the controller in the stuff and it would be quite happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    You keep giving these instructions with disclaimers. Alcohol is exactly what you should use to clean electronics. You could probably bathe the controller in the stuff and it would be quite happy.
    It is the best thing, but liquid plus a crappy rubber pad is not a safe mix. Lost a few controllers that way and that method is going to put more inside the controller
    Last edited by Antonok; 2014-01-07 at 01:04 AM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

With the proviso that it must be bone dry before plugging it back in again.

Given that you've forced a volatile liquid inside a sealed container with no opening to vent the fumes, drying out could take a while.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    With the proviso that it must be bone dry before plugging it back in again.

Given that you've forced a volatile liquid inside a sealed container with no opening to vent the fumes, drying out could take a while.
    Just use some heat. Should help dry it out faster. THIS IS A JOKE. DO NOT ACTUALLY DO THIS.
    My Twitter

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Just use some heat. Should help dry it out faster. THIS IS A JOKE. DO NOT ACTUALLY DO THIS.

You're not the first to think of it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Do you mean UFO: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: UFO Defense, or XCOM: Enemy Unknown?
    Dammit, did I really mis-type? I mean XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Finished Dust. Didn't like the ending, with the "what if", but it seems that there will be a sequel that ought to be being worked on right now. Last boss was a pain. Four health bars, plus adds on every version of the fight. On Normal I almost exhausted my supply of healing items. I can't imagine that on harder difficulties. I still didn't like Dust's voice. All those "S" sounds getting annoying. But I hope the next one features at least he and Fidget. Given the size of the area of the game, there is a chance for more expansion. Dust pretty much is the strongest thing in the world right now.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

I've beaten Dust on the highest difficulty -- you quickly learn there that any healing item weaker than the Wall Chicken may as well not exist (and the chicken is still next to worthless). Since your stats increase exponentially as you level, however, overleveling and equipping the best stat-multiplier items you can find goes a long way in increasing your survivability, as does relying on Fidget + Aerial Dust Storm spam* for most of your damage.

*A full Fidget meter will flood the screen with literally hundreds of her default projectile -- just mash both the Storm and Fidget buttons while in the air. 1-2 launch ==> airthrow combos will refill the meter completely, and can be done in relative safety while the missiles from the last Storm are still bouncing around. Go nuts.

If you hadn't otherwise found a way to finish the 1000-hit combo quest, unequip any +Fidget gear you have and bounce around Gaius' army for a bit. Conversely, doing this with maxed +Fidget is a relatively fast way to farm high-end healing items for the final fight.
    Tiamat avatar by Serpentine.

ECKS! DEE! EMM!
    Steam Profile

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

So I wanna play Star Wars Battlefront 2. Problem is, I just spent 30 minutes trying to set up my controller, and failing miserably. There's like a billion commands, but I KNOW that the game works on console, because it's a CONSOLE game. Yet I don't have enough buttons for all the commands. Is there any way to, like, import some kind of control setup because I don't know what the hell I'm doing?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2014-01-09 at 05:08 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
    Jesus man, hatedom. The game's visually brilliant, and has an excellent OST to boot. While the constant game references might be a turn-off to some, there's a lot of charm to how they're incorporated (one healing item you can find is called a "wall chicken", and can only be found by breaking specific walls).

The story is extremely generic, about an amnesiac who does blah blah blah I'm bored now. The gameplay itself is sort of a merger of Metroidvania games and Devil May Cry, with ground and aerial combos involving very animesque battles where you can launch an enemy a dozen feet up, then hack at him a couple of times. It's not very repetitious, but the abilities you receive start off quick then become drip-fed over time. To say the least, the game is oddly paced. You'll find parts where you simply want to put the game down and think, "well it's starting to get pretty dull", then pick it back up and say, "now it's getting good again!"

I'm not a fan of the anthro characters (as in, at all), but I can understand why someone might decide to make a game like that. The game's humor adds to the charm, and the protagonist, despite everyone thinking he's brooding, is actually pretty entertaining.

The game is pretty good, but far from perfect. If you want a Metroidvania-type adventure to scratch that itch, this is definitely the game to get. However, we've seen it drop to prices below $5, so I'd say wait until that occurs once more.
    I did say the game looked beautiful and I meant it. The sound track didn't strike a cord with me unfortunately and the humor...also didn't strike a cord with me. In fact, the humor was one of the reasons I couldn't stand the dialogue.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

So I wanna play Star Wars Battlefront 2. Problem is, I just spent 30 minutes trying to set up my controller, and failing miserably. There's like a billion commands, but I KNOW that the game works on console, because it's a CONSOLE game. Yet I don't have enough buttons for all the commands. Is there any way to, like, import some kind of control setup because I don't know what the hell I'm doing?
    Battlefront II predates the days when everything became a console port, and thus doesn't have the controller scheme available on the PC.

It is great as a mouse and keyboard shooter, though it sounds like that is not what you are used to.
    My Twitter

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

I had a playstation controller that I used on my PC for battlefront and battlefront 2. All the controls I needed worked just fine. I could try to give you my playstation controller set-up, unless you are doing it on xbox.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I had a playstation controller that I used on my PC for battlefront and battlefront 2. All the controls I needed worked just fine. I could try to give you my playstation controller set-up, unless you are doing it on xbox.
    I'm using a 360 controller. The problem is, the game doesn't allow you to set up the game like it was on consoles. Some buttons are used for more than one action, and in one case, hitting a button twice was used for an action. But the game doesn't allow to set the controller up that way.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

I'm using a 360 controller. The problem is, the game doesn't allow you to set up the game like it was on consoles. Some buttons are used for more than one action, and in one case, hitting a button twice was used for an action. But the game doesn't allow to set the controller up that way.
    Well, can't help you there. Sorry.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally started playing TF2 multiplayer, not choosing servers just using whatever one it sends me to. Pretty enjoyable so far at least partly because I don't really care about winning or losing each game. Unlocked a few items, that I don't really ever use because I normally default to my main weapons. And I'm not that interested with Scout Engineer or Spy. And somehow despite playing Spy for less than a minute I have already unlocked an achievement.
    Last edited by Grytorm; 2014-01-11 at 12:39 AM.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Hello everyone! I do apologise if this is the wrong place (I couldn't find a TF2 specific thread), but i'm here from tf2maps, the #1 place for Team Fortress 2 Custom Maps. We've just started our tenth major design contest, run by myself and Fr0z3n, and I was wondering if the playground was interested.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of BLU, it was the season of RED ... in short, we’re old. Seven years old, to be exact: old enough to head to the workhouses and meet a wealthy benefactor, or something like that. Not only is this the seventh year of TF2Maps.net life, it’s time for the 10th major contest: A Tale of Two Skillsets.

Okay, we’ll admit it. We don’t actually know how the rest of that book goes- (one of the cities is Isengard, right?)- so let’s cut to the chase. This year, the contest is in two parts.
    In part one, we want you to design the most fun layout you can possibly manage.
    In part two, we want you to take one of the layouts submitted for the first part, and make it as beautiful and as dazzlingly detailed as possible.
    You don’t have to enter both parts- if you’re a detailing maestro, you don’t need to make a layout, and if gameplay is your forte you don’t need to do the detailing bit. Each stage will be judged separately, and we’ll have two different sets of winners (And prizes too, don’t worry about that!)
    A link can be found here. If you're a fan of Team Fortress 2 and looking to change up the experience, may I humbly recommend our showcase?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Holy %$#&, Saints Row 4 free weekend... SR4 is the only game that I've beaten a borrowed copy of, and then bought for myself because it was just that much fun. No matter what you might think about the SR series (I had never played one before, because I normally hate sandbox games), try SR4 while you've got the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Hello everyone! I do apologise if this is the wrong place (I couldn't find a TF2 specific thread), but i'm here from tf2maps, the #1 place for Team Fortress 2 Custom Maps. We've just started our tenth major design contest, run by myself and Fr0z3n, and I was wondering if the playground was interested.
    Oh no, this is the right place, we used to have such a huge TF2 community that we were able to field 3 highlander teams.

Damn. If we still had an unofficial GitP server, we'd almost certainly try out some of the entries for this.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Holy %$#&, Saints Row 4 free weekend... SR4 is the only game that I've beaten a borrowed copy of, and then bought for myself because it was just that much fun. No matter what you might think about the SR series (I had never played one before, because I normally hate sandbox games), try SR4 while you've got the chance.
    Now I just need to buy it this weekend when I get my money.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a free copy of Strike Suit Zero, and a free copy of Surgeon Simulator 2013. Send me a PM, or post here. First come, first-serve.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    I have a free copy of Strike Suit Zero, and a free copy of Surgeon Simulator 2013. Send me a PM, or post here. First come, first-serve.
    I would like Strike Suit Zero Please.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Hmm, Surgeon Simulator 2013? Let's give this ridiculous thing a try. Also, darn at Strike Suit Zero already being taken. :P

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Hmm, Surgeon Simulator 2013? Let's give this ridiculous thing a try. Also, darn at Strike Suit Zero already being taken. :P
    THE DOCTOR IS IN QWOP.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    THE DOCTOR IS IN QWOP.
    Pretty much. I saw a Let's Play of the absolute original with two people, each taking one half of the controls. It looked... ridiculous.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Pretty much. I saw a Let's Play of the absolute original with two people, each taking one half of the controls. It looked... ridiculous.
    You mean the Rooster Teeth's Rage Quit attempt at the game? That was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. The only other playthrough I've watched is one done by Markipiler, but he's not co-op with someone else.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    You mean the Rooster Teeth's Rage Quit attempt at the game? That was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. The only other playthrough I've watched is one done by Markipiler, but he's not co-op with someone else.
    Probably. Can't remember the name of the team. Was very ridiculous though.

Also, thank you Neftren! I'm going to have a very ridiculous time with this.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't really know anything about the game, but if anyone's interested in Cities in Motion, here's a bundle with what looks like all the DLC and base game.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

I don't really know anything about the game, but if anyone's interested in Cities in Motion, here's a bundle with what looks like all the DLC and base game.
    I apparently own Cities in Motion 2. I just learned this.