New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: DrK's Gestalt Game IC

Alyssa sucked in her breath in a hiss as they entered the room, the evil vapors from the pit palpable even from that distance. Steadying herself, she whispered to her eyes, "Search the room and beyond to the east for signs of life or unlife. Stay thirty feet from the central pit. Return once done."

To the others, she sighed in dismay. "While I could provide some succor from this evil, it would only be temporary. I would like to see the vileness of this place undone, but it may require cleansing the inhabitants. Shall we search to the North first, once we have seen to this room?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot & Listen checks: (1d20+8)[27], (1d20+8)[22]
    Decipher Script for any of the writings here: (1d20+15)[19]

Oh, and on this:
    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    No. The East/West left doors are the external routes into the Ziggurat. The N/S doors are internal chambers that had no direct external access.
    I think the question was what are those areas to the left and right of the North and South double doors? They look like classic stairs icons, but maybe their something else ...
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Shazardrax

Shazardrax retrieves the dark knight's equipment and inspects it closely before dropping it into one of his bags. "Though this tainted armor may not be of direct use to us, it may be possible for me to reforge it into more suitable equipment when we find the time."

Entering the central chamber, he avoids the smoking hole in the chamber's center and stays towards the outside, slithering his way over to both sets of doors and inspecting them closely for any sign of traps.

Spoiler: for DRK
    Show

Would appraisal be the most appropriate skill for determining what this green metal is which was used in the knight's blade?

Take 10 on appraisal to inspect the knight's equipment (20).

He'll also take 10 on search checks of both sets of doors (31).

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

The chain of eyes float off circling the edge of the room. The walls here also decorate with walls decorated with gorgeous murals of sadly depressing scenes of undeath, worms and the slaughter of the innocents.

The orbs float past the pairs of double doors to the north and south, thin small stairs leading upwards into pitch darkness where nothing stirs and nothing has stirred for over a millennia. The doors to the east are the mirror of the ones you have just entered through and faint trickles of daylight can be seen around the edges.

The Salamander slithers in next, tail leaving flecks of smoking lichen and dust in his wake, the doors to the south and north and beautifully appointed with depictions. Even as he searches around he can find no locks, no seals or anything on the doors. The door to the north amidst the runes Alyssa picking out the words fallen and corrupted. The doors to the south again hard to decipher but amidst the runes in ancient Flan a word that might be knowledge or gift.

The pit in the centre holds Shazadrax's attention, the light from Alyssa swallowed up by the cloying dark vapours. The pit plunging down what looks like a rough and brutal staircase into the depths. The sides of the pit blasted apart by a great power are pockmarked with tunnels and cracks some as large as 6ft vaguely visible through the cloying green vapours. Even as he explores the northern door he can hear faint hissing and mumbling of what be words coming from within the pit behind him!

Spoiler
    Show

Shazadrax listen (1d20+11)[24] spot (1d20+8)[12]
    Vs (1d20+15)[21] and (1d20+22)[33]
    Invisibility
    Shield
    Airwalk
    Last edited by DrK; 2014-01-20 at 05:21 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa paused for a moment, having noticed the words on the doors. "My friends, it seems the doors have a few runes I am able to distinguish and decipher. Most notably, on the doors to the north, I recognize 'fallen' and 'corrupted' which should come as no surprise. However, to the south, I see something that might be 'knowledge' or 'gift' in ancient Flan ... but I cannot be certain."

Glancing at the stairs, she spoke to her eyes. "Split up, keep thirty pace from one another, check the stairs and the floors above. Return upon finding a threat, or in ten minutes."

Turning back to the others, she waited with a smile. "Any preferences on which door we shall tempt fate with? Or do you wish to wait from the return of my little darlings?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin glanced at the hole, muttering still, and then says, "Makes me nervous...but the one on the left. Did we tell them that?"
    Casters Vs. Everything - Rilril
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin
    "FR" Shadowdale - Halevel
    The Reflection of Heroes - Palen

6. - Top - End - #96
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Baervard

"No one leaves a pit like that open on accident." Baervard says as they enter the room. He joins Shazadrax by it and tries to peer down into its depths. Crouching down to one knee he runs his hand along the edge of the pit, feeling the texture of the stone and letting his eyes adjust to the darkness below.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stonecunning! Baervard has 90ft Darkvision so he's taking a longer look into the pit. He's also searching the nearby area of the pit (physically searching where he's standing, visually searching the next landing down) for any unusual stonework or traps.

Search (1d20+6)[10]
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa sighed as her eyes relayed what they had seen. "It seems that nothing of interest lies up those stairs, save for various depictions of the Bonemaster's rise to power and godhood. It seems we must either go through one of the two doors, or venture into the pit.

Let me see how I might assist with our decision making."

Leaning over, she took half of the eyes and whispered, "Search the pit, but return immediately if you find a threat or are hurt." To the other half, she whispered, "Form a ring around me at twenty paces."

After that, she waited while the others peered into the pit, not wanting to approach the foul fumes unless absolute necessary.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-01-24 at 10:13 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin shakes his head and says, "Best to clear the level before descending down. Would be bad to leave foes behind us to trap us downward...Seal it, if possible, while we explore this level."
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

9. - Top - End - #99

Goblin

Shazardrax

Shazardrax stops moving about and waves his hand about to get the group's attention. Once one of them looks his direction he puts a finger to his mouth, then points at his ear briefly and then down at the pit below, trying to silently convey that he hears something.

With spear in hand, he then slithers closer to take a peek over the edge.

Spoiler: Hide & move silently
    Show

Hide: (1d20+14)[26]
    Move Silently: (1d20+14)[18]

Will take another look over the edge, but will try to maintain cover against whatever's down there.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa paused, waiting to see what the salamander found ...

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb braces himself for action. It was times like these that he wished he had prepared better scouting spells...
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin attempts to control himself, but his lips are still moving. He also prepares to cast Major Image over the hole.
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

The ring of eyes, almost like tony pearlescent ioun stones float near Baevard as he approaches the edge of the pit. The stench of evil is overpowering and he can feel almost like an oily slick of it in the air and the taste of it in his mouth.

The edges are rough and shattered as if a great force was erupted from below though he can see the traces of the rock where clearly what would have been an impressive spiral staircase dropped into the depths possibly hundreds of feet below. The sides of the pit surrounding the broken spiral stairs are shattered and riven with cracks and with his dwarven stone cunning he can smell the faint movements in the air suggesting that the cracks may be a virtual maze of small fractures and tunnels surrounding the long spiral staircase into darkness.

As Baevard and Shazadrax peek over the edge their eyes can see 2 creatures staring up at him from a pair of fractures only 10ft below the lip of the pit! These vile bloated creatures seem to possess worm like bodies some 10 feet long with vaguely humanoid features and a long green straggly hair save that their mouths are round and sucker like with rings of razor sharp teeth. As you meet their gaze you can feet their alien minds slashing at your brain!

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative
    Worm Nagas (1d20+6)[7]

Baevard (1d20+2)[3]
    Shazadrax (1d20+4)[7]
    Alyssa (1d20+5)[15]
    Jeb (1d20)[11]
    Thoyne (1d20+4)[20]
    Grellin (1d20+5)[8]

VS Baevard & Shazadrax Feeblemind Gaze attack Will DC20 to resist

Could people remind me which spells they currently have running

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin curses in a few languages, some of which are probably gibberish, and draws on the power of his binding to buy some time and control of the situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts a Major Image over the hole, creating a Wall of Fire covering the hole
    Last edited by lelfin; 2014-01-25 at 11:40 PM.
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

15. - Top - End - #105

Goblin

Shazardrax

As Shazardrax meets the wormlike creature's gaze, he can feel it trying to shatter his mind. Steeling his willpower, he's able to resist the effect. With the nearest worm only ten feet away, he strikes out with his spear and lashes out with his tail.

Spoiler: Combat Stuffs
    Show

Full Attack (10' reach on both weapons. If they're more than 10 feet away (in the center of the pit or something) let me know and I'll revise my actions for the round).

I'm assuming Haste/Bless have worn off, but if we still have them let me know and I'll revise for that also.

I'm adding a +1 bonus for being on higher ground to my attack rolls :)

Spear Attack: (1d20+22)[24]
    Spear Attack Damage: (1d8+15)[16] piercing and (1d6)[3] fire

Spear Attack: (1d20+17)[21]
    Spear Attack Damage: (1d8+15)[20] piercing and (1d6)[2] fire

Tail Whip: (1d20+17)[35]
    Tail Whip Damage: (2d6+4)[9] bludgeon and (1d6)[3] fire

Grapple (If tail hits): (1d20+22)[24]
    Constrict (If Grapple Succeeds): (2d6+4)[11] bludgeon and (1d6)[2] fire

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb hears a commotion from the pit and sees the Salamander stab towards them. He prepares to pounce...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready an action to pounce if they come within range--

Claw 1: (1d20+20)[35] to hit, damage: (2d6+13)[24] + (1d6+2)[4] +(1d4)[1] evil undead bonus
    Claw 2: (1d20+20)[22] to hit, damage: (2d6+13)[18] + (1d6+2)[4] +(1d4)[3] evil undead bonus

If both claws hit, DC22 fort vs daze for one round
    If both claws hit, (4d6+15)[27] damage from rend +(1d6+2)[5] +(1d4)[1] damage evil and undead bonus

Bite 1: (1d20+15)[17] to hit, (1d8+6)[7] damage +2 damage vs undead, +(1d6+2)[3] +(1d4)[2] damage if evil and undead

If one claw hits: Improved grap. grapple check: (1d20+21)[38]

Rake attack on pounce (OR if grappling)
    Rake 1: (1d20+15)[16] to hit, damage is (2d6+8)[17] +[roll]1d6+2[roll] +[roll]1d4[roll] damage if evil and undead
    Rake 2: (1d20+15)[30] to hit, damage is (2d6+8)[12] +[roll]1d6+2[roll] +[roll]1d4[roll] damage if evil and undead

IF EVIL, all hits (VS touch AC) require a DC14 fort save or they take (1d6)[2] initial dex damage, (2d6)[10] dex secondary damage

Jeb in shape

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

A great wave of fire explodes into existence as sheet of crackling flames roar into life over the top of the hole, the heat ferocious but strangely not melting the slime nearby... The naga's also are confused by the strange combination.

Spoiler
    Show

Major Image saves DC ~21
    Naga 1 (1d20+11)[21]
    Naga 2 (1d20+11)[25]
    Naga 3 (1d20+11)[26]

Shazadrax bathed in the illusory flames cares not whether they are real of imagined stabbing down at the worms with spear and lashing tail... Twice the spear lashes down but an shield of magical force and the vile beast's heavy scales deflect the powerful stabs but the lashing tail cuts deep and moves to drag the beast up face him and be wrapped in his snake like coils...

Spoiler
    Show

against Naga 2 (the closest one)
    Tail hits (12 damage) Opposed grapple (1d20+17)[37] Vs 24
    to resist Shazadrax

Thoyne takes up a defensive position near Alyssa and Grellin, spear in hand whilst Alysaa calls out warning her allies what to expect! "Beware of their gaze for it can damage your mind. They have a poisonous bite and spells, be ready!"

Spoiler
    Show

Thoyne ready for anyone coming near him DM conservative BOT
    Alyssa gives a shout out

A dull chanting can be heard, words spoken in a dry raspy tongue that has not been heard for a millenia. Baevard and Shazadrax on the edge of the pit can feel the familiar patterns of summoning as a black vortex begins to spin into life on the far side of the pit from the party. One of the worms bursts though the wall of fire, its body streaming illusory flames as it hovers in the air safe from reach in the centre of the pit, its vile features threatening to fracture the mind of the party members... As it floats dark energies surround it as it releases a ray of blackness at the largest or the party members, the necromantic spell sapping and crippling the great troll's body

Spoiler
    Show

Naga 1: Your spellcraft will recognise a Summon Undead V spell. Obviously though they will appear next turn (the invisible one)

Naga 2:
    If grappled bite Shazadrax (1d20+12)[15] damage (2d6+7)[12] + Fort DC22 or poisoned!
    If not grappled - Enervate Shaz! - Cast defensive (1d20+21)[25]
    Touch (1d20+9)[13] -- (1d4)[1] negative levels

Naga 3: Flies to hang 20ft back from the edge of the pit and at the 10ft ceiling, Ray of Exhusation at Jeb
    (1d20+9)[25] Touch DC 19 save

Feeblemind Gaze: All other PCs (aside from Shaz and Baevard) make DC20 will saves or Feebleminded

@ JEB will you trigger your charge action even though you can't reach it or will you wait?

At the moment only one Naga is visible out of the pit. The other two are still 10tf down in the pit under the layer of illusory fire.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hit by something magical, Jeb lurches to his hind legs. He decided against risking a jump to strike the beast. The druid was also feeling tired. He begins to chat something ancient his mind becomes like that of a beast and jaws materialize to strike out at the beasts...

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast spirit jaws. Spell 202

(1d20+16)[29] to hit. (2d6)[8] damage. (1d20+20)[24] grapple
    (1d20+11)[17] to hit. (2d6)[6] damage. (1d20+15)[26] grapple

Force effect. Round 1/11

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin, jabbering nonsense decides to help his party, given the lack of view of all his foes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Haste
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Seeing the worms fly up, Alyssa glared at the abomination, hands clenching a bit. It's very existence was an afront to life itself, and it needed to be eradicated from the world. Seeing only one, but hearing words of power call forth undead minions, she held back using spread spells ... instead, she focused on the visible threat and called forth a small ball of flame. With a grin, she threw it at the worm, knowing that the situation was going to change quickly.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Cast lesser fire orb at visible worm
    Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+7)[14], damage: (5d8)[19] fire

Spoiler: Status
    Show

HPs: 77/77; AC: 18; F +8 / R +11 / W +13
    Turn undead 5/6
    Spoiler: Active effects
    Show
    chain of eyes (20 hrs)
    endure elements (2 days)
    quick potion (20 hrs)
    celestial brilliance (20 days)
    heart of earth (20 hrs)
    prying eyes (20 hrs)
    haste (11 rnds)

Spoiler: Divine Spells
    Show
    0 (6): detect magic x2, light x2, amanuensis, message
    1 (6+1): endure elements, protection from evil x2, shield of faith x2, divine favor, burning hands
    2 (6+1): resist energy x2, consecrate, lesser restoration x2, remove paralysis, detect thoughts
    3 (4+1): dispel magic x2, remove curse, wind wall, searing light
    4 (4+1): celestial brilliance, restoration, spell immunity, death ward, holy smite
    5 (3+1): disrupting weapon, flame strike, plane shift, true seeing

Spoiler: Arcane Spells
    Show
    0 (4+1): caltrops, silent portal x2, prestidigitation, acid splash
    1 (6+1): chain of eyes, lessor orb of fire, lessor orb of fire, true casting, shield x2, mage armor
    2 (5+1): quick potion x2, alter self, scorching ray, seeking ray, web
    3 (4+1): fireball, greater mage armor, greater disrupt undead, fly, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, orb of fire, heart of earth, summon monster IV
    5 (3+1): prying eyes, firebrand, earth reaver, wall of stone

21. - Top - End - #111

Baervard

Seeing the naga pass through the flames without being harmed Baervard takes a deep breath and steps down into the pit itself. Beneath the wall of fire his eyes narrow as he sees one of the naga writhing in weird motions, caught in the thrall of its demonic spellcasting. "Thoyne, could use a hand!" He shouts above as he makes his way with heavy steps down the staircase and brings his warhammer to bear against the naga.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving down into the pit and attacking the Naga that is casting the Summons spell. Hopefully he'll hit and it'll fail it's Concentration check to maintain the spell (Summons take a full round action, so it's still casting).

Attack (1d20+18)[23]
    Damage (1d8+17)[20]

Baervard
    HP 125
    AC 30
    F/R/W 14/5/9 (-2 from Evil Pit)
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

22. - Top - End - #112

Goblin

Shazardrax

The black ray of negative energy streaks by Shazardrax, missing him by a hair. He begins twirling his spear end over end in a threatening display of martial prowess, glaring at the naga below, but takes no other action.

Spoiler: Actions for the round
    Show

Readying a tail slap against any action by the same naga that just cast enervation (stupid defensive spellcasting). That way I can try to interrupt him if he casts again, but I'll lose the spear attacks this round.

Spinning the spear is just free actions to release 1 hand on the weapon and put them back, I'm not actually doing anything with it except faking him out :p

Tail Whip Attack: (1d20+18)[22]
    Tail Whip Damage: (2d6+12)[19] Bludgeon plus (1d6)[6] Fire

Grapple Attempt if Tail Whip Hits: (1d20+22)[28]
    Constrict Damage if grapple succeeds: (2d6+12)[18] Bludgeon plus (1d6)[1] Fire

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

In the air the flying naga is assailed most brutally by spells, a searing ball of fire slamming into it as ghostly jaws of dead animal spirits also chase it around!

By the pit the dwarf vanishes down through the illusory fire trailing smoke as it leaps forward attacking the naga, hammer exploding off the shield above it. Thoyne jogs forward sniffing the air, perring down beside Shazadrax, long spear lashing forwards driving towards the naga's head as he moves supernaturally fast now with Jeb's magic flowing through his veins.

Spoiler
    Show

Naga (airwalk) 27 damage
    Naga (Shield) boink, boink and 14 damage
    Naga (invisible)

@ Chambers: Sorry, I've assumed you'll attack the one you can see. The undead summoning one is currently invisible.

@Shazadrax, sorry buddy, your readied action tail whip doesn't hit

THe flying naga looks down a look of anger spreading across its face as it's attacked by the pair of magical spells! Summoning his dark and vile powers he hurls back a searing and twisted fireball rippling between Alyssa and Jeb engulfing both with black crackling flames.

Spoiler
    Show

Corrupted Fireball hitting Alyssa and Jeb
    (10d6)[37] Ref DC20 for half. Half is fire, half is "corrupt"

THe naga in the pit with two spears poking down upon its head and a dwarf hammering it looks unhappy for a second before it snarls with its snake like face and attempts to pounce upon Baevard with its toxic jaw.

Spoiler
    Show

Bite (1d20+12)[27] damage (2d6+7)[13]
    -- Fort DC 22 or paralaysed for 1 minute

THe third one, invisible and hidden in the crack in the wall cackled silently to itself as shadows coalese and a massive mummified figure appears atop the pit edge. The mummified corpse leaning forward and slamming its long dead hands wrapped in diseased cloths against the salamander. The mummy in their midst seeps fear and terror into the brave heroes.

It undead monster summoned its continues to spell cast. Wreathing itself in dark energy to boost its fell power.

Spoiler
    Show

Mummy: despair! All who can see the mummy (so all but Baevard) DC16 Will or paralysed with fear for (1d4)[3] rounds
    - Thoyne is immune and with his aura Shaz gets +4

Mummy- Slam Shaz (1d20+11)[20] dam (1d6+10)[11] and DC16 Fort or mummy rot

Cast's divine favour (+3 hit/damage)

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin jabbers loudly, "Death, no magics! Stop it, quit it! Where'd they go?! No, not down the hole, no sight, no service!!!"

Spoiler: actions
    Show

Everyone's hasted right?
    Mindblank & immune to fear

Casting Dispel Magic on the visible Naga
    (1d20+12)[24]
    If it's a free action, also dismissing Major Image
    Last edited by lelfin; 2014-02-05 at 09:25 PM.
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The fireball burns at Jeb's skin, something other than fire, something that felt distinctly evil. He considered taking a flying form to assault the naga, but decided against it for now, instead targeting the undead that was summoned. He charges with the full fury of a trolll.

The spirit jaws continues to attack the one naga.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spirit jaws continues.

(1d20+16)[30] to hit. (2d6)[10] damage. (1d20+20)[25] grapple
    (1d20+11)[26] to hit. (2d6)[3] damage. (1d20+15)[32] grapple

Force effect. Round 2/11

I can charge the mummy, right?

Claw 1: (1d20+20)[25] to hit, damage: (2d6+13)[23] + (1d6+2)[6] +(1d4)[4] evil undead bonus
    Claw 2: (1d20+20)[37] to hit, damage: (2d6+13)[16] + (1d6+2)[8] +(1d4)[4] evil undead bonus

If both claws hit, DC22 fort vs daze for one round
    If both claws hit, (4d6+15)[23] damage from rend +(1d6+2)[7] +(1d4)[2] damage evil and undead bonus

Bite 1: (1d20+15)[18] to hit, (1d8+6)[7] damage +2 damage vs undead, +(1d6+2)[5] +(1d4)[1] damage if evil and undead

If one claw hits: Improved grap. grapple check: (1d20+21)[36]

Rake attack on pounce (OR if grappling)
    Rake 1: (1d20+15)[31] to hit, damage is (2d6+8)[14] +(1d6+2)[5] +(1d4)[1] damage if evil and undead
    Rake 2: (1d20+15)[28] to hit, damage is (2d6+8)[13] +(1d6+2)[7] +[roll]1d4[roll/] damage if evil and undead

IF EVIL, all hits (VS touch AC) require a DC14 fort save or they take (1d6)[6] initial dex damage, (2d6)[8] dex secondary damage

26. - Top - End - #116

Goblin

Shazardrax

The salamander scowls in frustration at the naga's agile movements. He returns to an all out assault hoping that at least one of his attacks will strike true.

Spoiler: combat stuffs
    Show

All attacks include +1 circumstance bonus for attacker on higher ground.

Spear Attack 1: (1d20+22)[33]
    Spear Damage: (1d8+15)[17] plus (1d6)[1] fire

Spear Attack 2: (1d20+17)[30]
    Spear Damage: (1d8+15)[16] plus (1d6)[1] fire

Tail Whip: (1d20+17)[18]
    Tail Damage: (2d6+4)[8] plus (1d6)[1] fire
    Grapple check (if tail hits): (1d20+22)[36]
    Constrict Damage (if grapple succeeds): (2d6+4)[10] plus (1d6)[4] fire

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

The blast of a fireball, infused with the foul stench of this place, washed over the pyromancer, elicting an angry cry of pain. A series of hissing wet pops signalled the end of her small companions as well, unable to avoid the power of the corrupt fireball.

Eyes glistening with tears of hurt and rage, Alyssa ignored the wave of fear eminating forth from the walking mound of rags. Instead, she was focused on the naga who had hurt her, and a snarl reached her lips. While she could not call upon her own fiery fury without harming her companions, she could call upon her connection to the divine to aid the battle.

Whispering ancient words of holy power, she gestured towards the lip of the pit. A small sphere of pure white came into being, then rapidly expanded in an explosion of light and pure energy, searing those of without goodness in their heart.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Dang, given the situation, I'm guessing the prying eyes are poof. Can't go big on area affect spells, and I can't see everything, so Alyssa will cast holy smite right at the lip, hopefully catching a naga or two and the mummy in the 20ft burst radius. It doesn't do any damage to good characters (which is just about everyone), and neutral charaters (Grillin, right?) would take half damage (or quarter damage on a save) ... but I'm hoping Grill is far enough away to not be in the blast.

Holy Smite: (5d8)[22], blinded 1 round; Will save vs DC 20 for half damage and no blindness

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    HPs: 59/77; AC: 18; F +8 / R +11 / W +13
    Turn undead 5/6
    Spoiler: Active effects
    Show
    chain of eyes (20 hrs)
    greater mage armor (20 hrs)
    endure elements (2 days)
    quick potion (20 hrs)
    celestial brilliance (20 days)
    heart of earth (20 hrs)
    prying eyes (20 hrs)
    haste (11 rnds)

Spoiler: Divine Spells
    Show
    0 (6): detect magic x2, light x2, amanuensis, message
    1 (6+1): endure elements, protection from evil x2, shield of faith x2, divine favor, burning hands
    2 (6+1): resist energy x2, consecrate, lesser restoration x2, remove paralysis, detect thoughts
    3 (4+1): dispel magic x2, remove curse, wind wall, searing light
    4 (4+1): celestial brilliance, restoration, spell immunity, death ward, holy smite
    5 (3+1): disrupting weapon, flame strike, plane shift, true seeing

Spoiler: Arcane Spells
    Show
    0 (4+1): caltrops, silent portal x2, prestidigitation, acid splash
    1 (6+1): chain of eyes, lessor orb of fire, lessor orb of fire, true casting, shield x2, mage armor
    2 (5+1): quick potion x2, alter self, scorching ray, seeking ray, web
    3 (4+1): fireball, greater mage armor, greater disrupt undead, fly, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, orb of fire, heart of earth, summon monster IV
    5 (3+1): prying eyes, firebrand, earth reaver, wall of stone
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-02-12 at 10:21 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Baervard

"Yah!" Baervard shouts as the floating shield swings into place at the last moment and deflects the naga's poisonous bite. He tries to look past the snake creature in front of him to find the naga spellcaster hidden in the dark but even dwarven darkvision can't penetrate magical veils. Also, there was a writhing pile of snake right in his face.

"Deal with the first thing to get to the second." He said to himself as he hefted his warhammer and swung a haymaker at the naga.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack on the Naga that tried to bite him. -2 Attack from the Evil Pit, -4 Power Attack, +1 Attack from Haste.

Attack (1d20+15)[30]
    Damage (1d8+25)[32]

Attack (1d20+15)[35]
    Damage (1d8+25)[30]
    Crit! for a total of 89 damage.

Attack (1d20+10)[20]
    Damage (1d8+25)[30]

Attack (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage (1d8+25)[26]

Baervard
    HP 125/125 (Fast Healing 4)
    AC 31
    F/R/W 14/6/13 (-2 from Evil Pit included)

Active Effects: Combat Form, Haste
    Last edited by Chambers; 2014-02-12 at 09:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

The visible Naga floating above the hole is savaged by the spirit jaws that rip and tear at its scaled flesh. Even as they bite it only has a time for a second's curse as the blinding white holy light of the smite slams into the creature and washes down into the pit of evil as the snake creatures eyes are blinded and the flesh scorched. The flying one barely has time to holw for the loss of sight or pain of the holy burning before the magic keeping it aloft and floating above the centre of the pit is dispelled! A magical shield around the beast vanishing and more pressingly the magical flight supporting it. With a despairing shriek it vanishes from view tumbling and spinning into the inky darkness slamming and crashing into the walls as it descends the violent and fast way.

Spoiler
    Show

It falls out of sight taking (20d6)[71] damage!
    - That's what I get for having it be smug and hover over the middle of the pit!

At the rim of the pit the hulking troll moves forward, a claw tearing a massive strip out of the shambling undead mummy. Even as the glowing holy claws break the beast's arm flecks of the mummy melt away as Alysaa's brilliance continues to sweep across it and the flash of the smite leaves half of the creature a ravaged smoking mess.

Spoiler
    Show

Takes 28 damage from claw and (1d6)[2] from celestial brilliance and 22 from the smite

Thoyne takes the opportunity to race forward leaping high into the air before landing with a massive roar to drive his spear clear through the mummy, the force of the impalement casting the beast backwards and into the abyss as its unholy power is destroyed and the bindings holding it together unravel.

Spoiler
    Show

Charge and Leap attack for 6 on the Mummy
    - Attack (1d20+15)[17] Damage (1d8+31)[36]- 5 for DR

Down in the pit that beast fighting Baevard writhes in pain as the white light from above blinds it while doing nothing to the dwarven rune priest. A spear heated to red hot strikes twice pinning the creature down before the rune hammer glows with near holy power and lands with shattering impact that shakes the walls of the pit itself and reduces the naga's head to a smeared paste of nothingness!

Spoiler
    Show

Ooh it could not be more dead! After this round it comes close to -100 hps!

--

The last naga is blinded in the shroud of its invisibility as it skin is burned by the light and its last sights are of one of its kin tumblimng to a likely horrible death and its mate crushed into a vile paste by a dwarf and skewered like a disgusting sausage by the salamander. With curse in ancient Flan it slithers backwards into the crevice in the wall retreating to plot a suitable and quite brutal revenge!

Spoiler
    Show

One blinded and heavily wounded
    One obliterated
    One fallen to a likely death!

You guys win

Down in the pit

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb heaves and pants heavily as the fight ends, "Nasty creatures, whatever they were...I think I require a moment to catch my breath. That spell they hit me with...I am suddenly quite tired..."