New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: DrK's Gestalt Game IC

Alyssa

The pyromancer sighed in relief as the enemies disappeared. As the others returned from the pit, she looked across the group. "What wounds do you have, that I might attend?"

At the troll's comments, she nodded for a moment, considering the potion she had in her pack. However, she had also memorized the self-same spell, so she entreated her goddess to bring succor to the druid, and the glow of the resulting light washed away his weariness.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Fatigued, right? Casting lesser restoration ... a bit overkill, but we probably don't feel like waiting 8 hrs just yet, right?

Now, just need to know who is injured, and how bad. The way I read it, the lessor vigor wands heal 11 pts a pop (and takes 11 rounds), unless I'm missing something?

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    HPs: 59/77; AC: 18; F +8 / R +11 / W +13
    Turn undead 5/6
    Spoiler: Active effects
    Show
    chain of eyes (20 hrs)
    greater mage armor (20 hrs)
    endure elements (2 days)
    quick potion (20 hrs)
    celestial brilliance (20 days)
    heart of earth (20 hrs)
    prying eyes (20 hrs)

Spoiler: Divine Spells
    Show
    0 (6): detect magic x2, light x2, amanuensis, message
    1 (6+1): endure elements, protection from evil x2, shield of faith x2, divine favor, burning hands
    2 (6+1): resist energy x2, consecrate, lesser restoration, lesser restoration, remove paralysis, detect thoughts
    3 (4+1): dispel magic x2, remove curse, wind wall, searing light
    4 (4+1): celestial brilliance, restoration, spell immunity, death ward, holy smite
    5 (3+1): disrupting weapon, flame strike, plane shift, true seeing

Spoiler: Arcane Spells
    Show
    0 (4+1): caltrops, silent portal x2, prestidigitation, acid splash
    1 (6+1): chain of eyes, lessor orb of fire, lessor orb of fire, true casting, shield x2, mage armor
    2 (5+1): quick potion x2, alter self, scorching ray, seeking ray, web
    3 (4+1): fireball, greater mage armor, greater disrupt undead, fly, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, orb of fire, heart of earth, summon monster IV
    5 (3+1): prying eyes, firebrand, earth reaver, wall of stone
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin mutters, "I took your magic and you fall down...what do you mean? No, I didn't steal it, just dispelled...look, it was a metaphor...oh shut up."

He looks around at the others and says, "Heal up. After that we need to make sure this level is clear, though after a fireball and all the stabbing and shrieking, anything that can hear up here knows we're here."
    Casters Vs. Everything - Rilril
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin
    "FR" Shadowdale - Halevel
    The Reflection of Heroes - Palen

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

As healing magic is passed around and the tired troll's fatigue is washed away the unholy tomb where a true demi-god of evil was birthed remains quiet... almost too quiet. No creatures burst out of the doors to north and the south and nothing rises from the pit...

Spoiler
    Show

And yes the vigour wand is 11 hp over 11 rounds

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb smiles "Thank you, friends, that was well needed. Shall we continue then? I'm sure there are other lovely surprises for us down the way..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, much preferable! Jeb needs 2 charges of the wand
    No longer have time to participate in games. I apologize.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Baervard

Wiping the snake mess off his warhammer Baervard climbs out of the pit. "Well done!" He says and claps Grillin on the back. He pulls out his wand and lets the soft healing energy flow over Jeb and Alyssa for a few minutes. "Anyone else take a few scratches?" He asks.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 charges for Jeb and 2 charges for Alyssa then. Anyone else need any healing?
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin grins, and walks towards the south door, muttering under his breath. He stops 5 feet away from the southern door and uses detect undead. After it he says, "When you've finished, we need to go this way. If that's clear, we go north. If those are both fine, we either go down or rest...have to wait and see how we stand...no, I'm not being indecisive, prudent.
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

The party slowly recover their wounds before looking from between the two doors... A choice between conversion or knowledge. Heading to the southern set of doors Grillin stares hard them, before with Acerak's cold unyielding spirit bound tight to his bones he can pick out the ghostly emanations of the unloving from the far side of the door. 4 dark spectres of undead detectable arranged in a loose horseshoe around the double doors...

Spoiler
    Show

Detect undead can pick up 4 undead creatures on the far side of the door arranged in a horsehoe facing the door. All 4 possess more HD than you do.
    (i.e. 12HD or more) and all are medium.

Casting any spells or prepping at all before you kick open the doors?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

"Undead, 4 of them...not whimpy ones too, on the other side of the door, with more power than I. They're arranged in a horeshoe on the other side..." Grillin glances at the others and says, "May want to prep, we got more deaders ahead."

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Using Hide from Undead.

Active buffs:
    Mage Armor
    Overland Flight
    MindBlank
    Incorporeal movement
    Immunity to lightning and cold
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

9. - Top - End - #129

Baervard

"Aye, I know a ward against them." Baervard says with a grimace. He approaches the door but doesn't touch it. Instead, he traces in the dust on the floor with his finger, inscribing a rune. "Moradin, bless this place and ward us against the dead." He says. An invisible field of holy energy springs up around the doors and Baervard stands up with a grin, holding his warhammer with both hands. "Ready." He says.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Consecrate on the ground right in front of the door. The closed door blocks line of effect for the Consecrate at the moment (so it doesn't extend into the other room), but once the doors are open the other room will be in the effect (20ft radius, centered on the doorway).
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb nodded. "More undead in this place isn't exactly surprising. Ready."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

The party, collected around the massive hulking exalted cave troll gather around the doors before with a massive kick Jeb throws the doors wide open revealing the room beyond. THe light of Baevard's holy power and Alyssa's radiance flood the room shedding light into a room that has seen a thousands years of pitch darkness.

The long chamber is ancient beyond measure, must and mould rolling out in a great wave. Dozens of book shelves line the walls of the chamber and stand alone spread around the mosaic floors with elaborate traceries and runes. In addition to the rows of magically preserved dust covered tomes there are a dozen large glass jars, each with a large writhing green worm contained within and runes around the base of the jar.

In amidst this stand the guardians of the ancient repository of Kyuss's knowledge. A trio of obvious undead warriors stands ready. Baroque armour covering every inch of save for two gaping eye sockets. The ornate steel plate has a sickening green sheen and between the joints tiny green worm writhe and wriggle. The massive greatsword in each hand shaped like that of a sinuous worm with a gaping maw at the tip of the blade. The 4th creature is stooped and hunched, rotting and rusted full plate coating its body underneath long rotted clerical robes. Between the armour plates and rotted fabric dozens of tony worms writhe and wriggle. All 4 of them seem to wince and turn away from the twin glowing sources of holy illumination!

Spoiler
    Show

Know (religion) checks can be made

Celestial Radiance round 1 damage to them (1d6)[4]

Init:
    Wormcaller/Swords of Kyuss (1d20+9)[16] // (1d20+3)[19]

Baevard (1d20+2)[14]
    Thoyne (1d20+4)[8] - I will NPC him unless one of you wants to?
    Shazadrax (1d20+4)[11]
    Grillin (1d20+5)[13] (currently invisible to them)
    Jeb (1d20+2)[20] - are you in Cave troll form at the moment?
    Alyssa (1d20+5)[13]

Effects ongoing:
    Consecrate w/in 20ft of the door: -3 Turn resistance, -1 on hit/ damage/ saves

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

As the doors swing open Alyssa can see the three Swords of Kyuss, creatures written only about in legends from the old days. Undead stormtroopers of great martial skill that required silver to slay and could hurl great bursts of necromantic power that could devastate whole legions of mortal. The lone creature in the middle is the Worm caller, once a war priest in Kyuss's mortal legions now hungry and undead but still blessed with Kyuss's divine will and unholy toughness that was vulnerable only to silver!

Spoiler
    Show

Swords of Kyuss: DR/ silver, good at melee, can throw dark energy fireballs
    Wormcaller: Has divine SPA's and DR / silver

The swords of Kyuss leap into action with brutal power! As the consecration and holy radiance of Alyssa washes over them the two nearest to the door throw out their swords and blackness follows! A vast coruscating vortex of negative energy and death surrounding Jeb, the door, the melee casters and for one of the vial creatures Alyssa and Grillin as well! The double impact brutal in its effects!

Spoiler
    Show

Invocation (hitting ALL)
    (12d6)[35] DC20 Ref for half negative energy

Invocation (hitting Shaz, Jeb, Thoyn, Baevard)
    (12d6)[36] DC20 Ref for half negative energy
    Thoyne saves (1d20+14)[15] (1d20+14)[32]

Through the dark cloud of evil the third sword of Kyuss charges forward, the massed invocations of utter evil seeming to bolster the beast as it charges Jeb, dark worm blade swinging with lethal precision.

Spoiler
    Show

Charge Jeb (1d20+21)[31] damage (2d6+23)[30] + (1d6)[1] acid

AH28 --> AC27

The worm caller behind them throws out a worm encrusted hand, its dark force of will seeking to crush Baevard's before it repeats the same to Thoyne, its mental assaults seeking to break their wills and turn them into passive thralls of Kyuss!

Spoiler
    Show

Quickened hold person and Hold person to Thoyne and Baevard DC 18
    Thoryne (1d20+13)[33]

As the wave of magical energy fades Manzorian's chosen heroes can strike back!
    Last edited by DrK; 2014-02-16 at 02:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Spluttering cruses, the gnome casts his own magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to used Warding ability to place an Orange veil Wall warding behind the sword of Kysuss that charged, blocking him off from the others behind him. (if I'm picturing it right if not, let me know and I'll change my actions)
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb takes a step back and then move to the side, healing his wounds, surprised at the ferocity of these undead beasts.

Spoiler
    Show

Take a 5 foot adjust, then try to move to avoid AoO to like...X32? Spontaneous conversion to healing (4d8+11)[25]

If Jeb does get an AoO, here are the rolls:

Claw 1: (1d20+20)[23] to hit, damage: (2d6+13)[23] + (1d6+2)[8] +(1d4)[4] evil undead bonus
    Claw 2: (1d20+20)[21] to hit, damage: (2d6+13)[19] + (1d6+2)[8] +(1d4)[1] evil undead bonus

If both claws hit, DC22 fort vs daze for one round
    If both claws hit, (4d6+15)[31] damage from rend +(1d6+2)[7] +(1d4)[3] damage evil and undead bonus

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=753460 current sheet.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

Alyssa sighed as the others prepared to open the door. She had her reservations, given what Grillin had shared of their foes on the other side of the door. However, if they were to cleanse this place, each of the rooms needed to be dealt with. Casting some protective magics on herself, she waited for the door to open.

Within moments of opening the door, Alyssa almost staggered backwards, the malevolence of the four figures washing over her like a black tide. As she gasped, they unleashed foul sorcery, pulling the very life from the would-be heroes.

Blinking away the pain, Alyssa moved to the side, angry tears running down her face. "Swords and a Wurmcaller of Kyuss, foul archons of evil! Silver and magic are their downfall, but beware their dark magics!" Stepping to the side, she called upon her own magics, sending a ball of flaming silver and red. Landing amid the undead, it exploded outwards with holy fury.

Show
    Move to W26, cast fireball at AG26. Should catch all the bad guys and not get the heroes.

Using pyromancer abilities sacred flame (make half the damage holy, half fire) and smite spell ability (+4 caster check, -2 to saving throws, empowered, if foe fails save blinded for 1 round).
    Caster check: (1d20+17)[21] if required
    Damage: (10d6)[41]+50% = 61 (31 holy / 31 Fire); Ref save for half vs DC 19

Show
    HPs: 60/77; AC: 18; F +8 / R +11 / W +13
    Turn undead 5/6
    Show
    chain of eyes (20 hrs)
    endure elements (2 days)
    quick potion (20 hrs)
    heart of earth (20 hrs)
    prying eyes (20 hrs)
    protection from evil (10 min)

Show
    1 (6+1): endure elements, protection from evil x2, shield of faith x2, divine favor, burning hands
    2 (6+1): resist energy x2, consecrate, lesser restoration, lesser restoration, remove paralysis, detect thoughts
    4 (4+1): celestial brilliance, restoration, spell immunity, death ward, holy smite

Show
    1 (6+1): chain of eyes, lessor orb of fire, lessor orb of fire, true casting, shield x2, mage armor
    3 (4+1): fireball, greater mage armor, greater disrupt undead, fly, stinking cloud
    4 (4+1): resilient sphere, assay spell resistance, orb of fire, heart of earth, summon monster IV
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-02-16 at 11:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

Baervard

Feeling the heavy thump of his warhammer connecting with the charging knight gets Baervards blood going and he laughs off the feeble attempts of the worm caller to control his mind. "Ye've never tried to read a dwarves mind before, have ye? Tell me to stand still..." He shouts as he takes his hand off his warhammer for a moment and sends a short burst of divine energy towards Jeb. As he chokes up his grip again on his warhammer he casts a glance at Grillin. "I've seen wardings like that before. Can we pass through it from this side?" He asks before holding his warhammer up in front of him like a chalice. "Spirits of the unclean, begone!" He says and then brings the warhammer crashing to the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Action: Close Wounds on Jeb (1d4+5)[7] HP.
    Turn Undead: All undead within 60ft. The Orange Warding doesn't prevent the other undead from being affected as Turn Undead only requires Line of Effect, not Line of Sight.

Turning Check: (1d20+1)[6]
    Turning Damage: (2d6+8)[18]

HP 75/125
    AC 30
    F/R/W 16/7/16

Active Effects: Combat Focus, Consecrate

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

The waves of dark energy blast and bloody the party sucking the very souls out of the heroes. Jeb the troll turning pale and almost falling as the twin blasts hit him particularly hard. Then the worm caller makes a mistake assuming the dwarven pair would have weak wills of fighters, little realising the dwarven reputation for stubborness led to minds as unbending as their metals.

The third Sword of Kyuss's attack is blocked and the knight of Kyuss himself is battered and bruised as Thoyne and Baevard hammer and spear the knight leaving it reeling and its sword bouncing off the weakened troll's natural hide. Taking advantage of the momentary respite Jeb steps back away from the creature and its long worm blade, his wounds beginning to heal, more wounds closing as Baevard seals a wound with a wave of his hand.

The view of the other undead is obscured seconds later by a roaring wall of glowing red fire as Grillin calls forth the first of veils. Leaving the 1 sword of kyuss isolated and alone.... Alyssa follows up the magic as a searing ball of light flies through the barrier into the room beyond, the blast of holy light erupting through the barrier and catching the back of the Sword of Kyuss wreaking terrible damage to its undead nature. Baevard tries to drive them back by force of will but even as his holy symbol began to glow with the power from his rune hammer striking the ground its swallowed by the yawning abyss of darkness that is the pit that birthed Kyuss...

As most of the party engage with magic and mysticism Thoyne and Shazadrax move to use the far more prosaic sharp pointy sticks! Both Thoyne and Shazadrax's glowing with silver power that is bane to the undead as Thoyne's shield dances and floats in front of him. A blessing from the artificer as he casts runes upon both spears. Shazadrax did likewise, the red hot spear striking rapidly like a snake's tongue.
    Spoiler
    Show

Assuming Shaz did personal augment and lesser augment for Bane (undead) spears
    -- additional (2d6+2)[11] from Thoyne's AoO
    Thoyne (1d20+20)[28] dam (1d8+19)[25] + (2d6)[11]
    Thoyne (1d20+15)[32] dam (1d8+19)[25] + (2d6)[6]
    Shaz (1d20+23)[39] dam (1d8+17)[18] + (2d6)[12] + (1d6)[2] fire
    Shaz (1d20+18)[22] dam (1d8+17)[24] + (2d6)[6] + (1d6)[4] fire
    Shaz Tail Shaz (1d20+16)[24] dam [roll]26+4[/roll] (1d6)[1] fire
    grapple (1d20+24)[31] VS sword's (1d20+16)[29]

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Damage Tracker (consecrate so all -1 atk/dam/save)
    Sword 1 69
    Sword 2 69
    Wormcaller 69

The lone sword on this side of the fire is literally torn to pieces as the multiple deep strokes of the spears tear it shreds and demolish its undead frame. Seconds later however the other 2 come leaping through the fire, shreds of armour and dead flesh falling off them like a rain of black ash.

One comes from the left, the other from the right assailing the pair of doughty dwarven warriors. Following them is a vast cloud of inky blackness, tendrils of it reaching out towards the heroes with freezing cold deathly fingers even as it leeches their life force channeling it towards the pair of Kyuss elite soldiers...

Spoiler
    Show

Sword 2 (1d20+4)[8] VS ~22? or 40 acid
    Sword 3 (1d20+4)[16] VS ~22? or 40 acid

Vs Baevard (1d20+19)[36] dam (2d6+23)[27] + (1d6)[4] acid
    Vs Thoyne (1d20+19)[30] dam (2d6+23)[25] + (1d6)[2] acid

Wormcaller:
    Mass inflict moderate wounds (1d8+12)[17]
    UNDEAD Heal and the heroes - barring Jeb, Will DC22 for half
    - Shaz'z spell resitance (1d20+12)[13]

Thoyne (1d20+13)[19]
    Shaz (1d20+10)[11]

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

The ball of divine power had hurt the foul champions of Kyuss heavily. One was destroyed, and the three were blinded for a short period of time. Grinning in satisfaction, Alyssa raised her symbol, unwilling to relent against these monstrosities, least they regain the upper hand. When she spoke, using the tongue of the angels, her voice echoed in the room with strength and purpose, bringing with it a wave of holy energy to cascade over their evil foes.

"Bear witness to true power, false constructs! Beware the might of the heavens!"

Show
    Save vs Inflict wounds: (1d20+15)[26] vs DC22

I didn't see the damage for Celestial Brilliance. Assuming they are not evil outsiders, (1d6)[2] holy dam.

Next, Persistant Fire ability (creatures damaged by fire spell burn for one additional round): (1d6)[1] fire damage.

Now, spending a turn to use Purge Undead. Damage: (11d6)[42]; Will save vs DC 18 for half.
    Damage: (1d6)[2]+50% = 61 (31 holy / 31 Fire); Ref save for half vs DC 19 Whoops, hold over from last round

Show
    HPs: 51/77; AC: 18; F +8 / R +11 / W +13
    Turn undead 4/6
    Show
    chain of eyes (20 hrs)
    endure elements (2 days)
    quick potion (20 hrs)
    heart of earth (20 hrs)
    prying eyes (20 hrs)

Show

Show
    Last edited by Starbin; 2014-02-20 at 05:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin pauses and considers his actions, waiting for an appropriate moment, muttering word of gibberish under his breath.

Show

Grillin will delay until everyone else goes or the two Swords are dead, whichever comes first.

If both Swords are alive, will cast Slow DC 20.

If either (or both) are dead, will dismiss the warding and cast Split Orb of Acid at the Worm caller (1) and the remaining Sword (2, unless dead of course, then extra love for Worm Caller)
    Ranged Touch attack 1 (1d20+10)[13]
    damage (11d6)[35]acid

Ranged Touch attack 2 (1d20+10)[20]
    damage (11d6)[33]acid
    Last edited by lelfin; 2014-02-21 at 08:32 AM.
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Feeling well enough to strike out once more, Jeb charges back into the fray!

Spoiler
    Show

If there's a clear enough path that I can charge at the caster without provoking more than 1 AoO, do that. If not, trash one of the sword guys! I'm a little unclear on that map at the moment.

Claw 1: (1d20+20)[22] to hit, damage: (2d6+13)[25] + (1d6+2)[8] +(1d4)[3] evil undead bonus
    Claw 2: (1d20+20)[25] to hit, damage: (2d6+13)[19] + (1d6+2)[7] +(1d4)[3] evil undead bonus

If both claws hit, DC22 fort vs daze for one round
    If both claws hit, (4d6+15)[24] damage from rend +(1d6+2)[6] +(1d4)[1] damage evil and undead bonus

Bite 1: (1d20+15)[21] to hit, (1d8+6)[11] damage +2 damage vs undead, +(1d6+2)[3] +(1d4)[3] damage if evil and undead

If one claw hits: Improved grap. grapple check: (1d20+21)[36]

Rake attack on pounce (OR if grappling)
    Rake 1: (1d20+15)[22] to hit, damage is (2d6+8)[16] +[roll]1d6+2[roll] +[roll]1d4[roll] damage if evil and undead
    Rake 2: (1d20+15)[22] to hit, damage is (2d6+8)[13] +[roll]1d6+2[roll] +[roll]1d4[roll] damage if evil and undead

IF EVIL, all hits (VS touch AC) require a DC14 fort save or they take (1d6)[6] initial dex damage, (2d6)[4] dex secondary damage

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

THe damage is too much! The two creatures burst through warding before being met by a wave of brilliance! A rising wall of light flowing from Alyssa that literally causes bot creatures to explode into motes of darkness...

The wormcaller is more lucky, rocked and blasted by the blast of holiness it survives only for a few seconds before the ward of orange fire falls and two balls of glowing green acid strike its hunched form and with a strangled scream metal, bones and worms dissolve into a pool of acidic gloop on the floor!

Spoiler
    Show

Ah... damage was too much and all are dead!

The undead lie dead, their accoutrements of war scattered about and the library of Kyuss open to them...
    Spoiler
    Show

3x Full plate +1
    3x MW worm blades
    Breastplate +1

Staring into the library you can see one of the tomes lies open upon a small lectern showing a rune covered worm slowly creeping into a human head... The runes upon the worm matching that upon the glass jars with the 12 worms

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin wipes his hands with some satisfaction saying, in gnomish, "Told you we'd deal with it...I don't care, shove it." He takes a step into the door way and then stops, glancing around. He ponders his memory, and then decides to be a bit more cautious.

Show

Knowledge rolls about the worms on the tome:
    arcana(1d20+21)[32]
    religion (1d20+8)[21]
    the planes (1d20+21)[29]

Casts Detect Magic, looking and studying everything.
    spellcraft (1d20+24)[30]
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

as the binder/mage steps across the threshold the flecks of dust left from the dead fly up in a spinning vortex that soon shimmers and wobbles in front of you all. The library seems to judder as you see it as it was centuries ago... A human man appears sitting at one of the desks now occupied by the worms. He is bold and dynamic looking with a great mane of black hair and sharp piercing eyes. A strange grey skinned humanoid with 6 long spindly arms stands at his shoulders obviously both are deep in thought. The man and creature study a collection of worn and pitted bronze discs. Faint etchings adorn the plates and seems as if alien figures and runes writhe and twitch at the behest of some sinister and alien will. The grey creature holds up three of the discs, a fourth hand point and obviously linking something together and a look of comprehension, ambition and something darker blooms in the man's eyes... then its gone. The library back to its dusty state.

Grilling and the others can see the library is now merley a library. A simple abjurant keeping around the 12 bottled worms and some of the tomes is all the magic in the room. The value merely the contained knowledge of the tomes.

Spoiler
    Show

Another vision of kyuss

25. - Top - End - #145

Baervard

"Bah! I've had enough o' these visions." Baervard says as he follows Grillin into the library. "Here, let us rest a minute before we go further." He says and pulls out his wand. "And I don't like the look of those worms. Should leave them alone or destroy them."

Spoiler
    Show
    3 charges from the Lesser Vigor Wand will heal Baervard up to full. Can everyone sound off in the OOC with how many charges they need?

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Jeb thanked the dwarf for the healing, "These things have strength I have not seen in all my years," the shapeshifter mentions as he is being healed.

Walking into the library he eyes the worms in containers. He realizes what the worms are, he had heard of them before. He lets the others know, "Be careful of these worms. They can grant you knowledge, but at the risk to your own life. It is dark knowledge made by evil. I will destroy it..." Jeb makes to shatter the glasses and destroy the worms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Three charges.

I think knowledge Russian roulette sounds fun but it's not IC for Jeb

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Grillin sputters incoherently watching such dangerous, but obviously valuable, creations destroyed, "Dark or not, would you really destroy knowledge for your own comfort?!"
    DrK's Gestalt - Grillin

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Alyssa

With the undead champions destroyed, Alyssa finally allowed herself a moment to breath. The battle had been fast, but fierce - it clearly illustrated that they could not simply waltz through this efface and expect the horrors within to be simple or easy. With a sigh, she followed the others into the room, stopping abruptly when they were visited by another vision.

The man in the image, who was he? And what was the many-armed thing that seemingly unlocked some dark knowledge? When the vision vanished, she blinked in surprise, staring at the now 'mundane' library. The druid spoke of the worms and their dark gift, drawing a scowl from the pyromancer. When he moved to destroy them, she joined him, waving the salamander forward as well. At Grillin's comment, she spun, her eyes flashing with angry.

"Watch your tone, gnome. I of all people know full well the value and danger of knowledge. We do this not for our comfort, but for the sanctity of the world around us. The ends do NOT justify the means, and any who would willingly chance turning themselves into one of those things for a mere pittance of power have no concept of what forces we are battling. These are dark gifts from a dark god, set to entice the weak of will and impure of heart."

She looked like she was going to say more, then visibly restrained herself, taking a clensing breath. Her face softened, and in a quieter tone she finally spoke again. "My apologies, Grillin. I do not mean to lash out at you, but I fear the forces you might unleash in the name of knowledge. In destroying these worms, we are doing the world a favor. Trust me ..."

Show
    Help Jeb destroy these things before one slides into our earhole and turns us into Khan's biatches. Using two charges from my wand of vigor to heal myself and however many are needed for the others (unless we're trying to burn through one wand first).

Show
    HPs: 73/77; AC: 18; F +8 / R +11 / W +13
    Turn undead 4/6
    Show
    chain of eyes (20 hrs)
    endure elements (2 days)
    quick potion (20 hrs)
    heart of earth (20 hrs)

Show
    1 (6+1): endure elements, protection from evil, protection from evil, shield of faith x2, divine favor, burning hands

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

As Jeb's trollish fingers crush another worm in his palm he speaks up, "She speaks the truth. Knowledge that comes from darkness leads to corruption. We must not use the fruits of whatever method of evil created these. Evil tempts those who are righteous by offering shortcuts but always at a price..."

As the last of the worms were destroyed, Jeb looks through the rest of the library. "Does anyone see any maps or tomes that they might have taken, not ones born of the darkness of this place? Otherwise, I say we burn the rest of this, so others do not fall prey to their lure..."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

With Alyssa and Jeb's high moral standing the 12 bottles are soon lined up and consumed in holy fire, the worms and the knowledge imbued in their very beings lost for all time.

While that happens Grillin and Alyssa ponder on the vision. The creature was a spellweaver, an undead one, an ancient race of strange alien monsters that had great mastery of the arcane, time and planes. The man was the same one that you saw in the throne in the first vision, Kyuss, or at least the mortal Kyuss before his death and ascension. Most startling are the bronze discs, possibly some of the ancient discs of Sulim, fabled artefacts that may allow the readers to divine the future and interpret the will of the Gods...

After the vision and looking around the library all of the books are clearly written here. The leather tomes stamped with mark of Kyuss and written in flesh leather bound books...

Spoiler
    Show

So after you burn the library where next? A sleep? or to the Hall of Corruption?