New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XVI: The Wrath of Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Technically, no we don't. Both Zolacrezia and Clankrezia are stuck in the time field, IIRC. The only one remaining is Agatha.
    Maybe maybe not. Clankkrezia might have made it back to the castle wulfenbach with klaus. Remember we dont know HOW he got back or if he even came back alone, because the second gil and tarvek heard he was back they ran like their tails were on fire. We dont see klaus until WELL after his return after gil was knocked out and chained to a table.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Technically, no we don't. Both Zolacrezia and Clankrezia are stuck in the time field, IIRC. The only one remaining is Agatha.
    Then who is leading the forces of the Other that Gil is at war with, according to the Jaegers?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

There are hints both of them were out of Mechanicsburg before Klaus set them up, the bomb. While Martellus was talking with Seffie when she told him that the Knights were now working with Gil, Tweedle suggested using Lola to continue the fake Heterodyne Girl scenario. He wouldn't have said that unless he knew that, 2.5 years ago, Zola had gotten out of Mechanicsburg alive and well and should be available to be Pink again.

And during the siege of Mechanicsburg, we (and Gil) were told that a massive rouge force was on its way towards Mechanicsburg from Strumhalten, and that Empire forces sent to stop it were either being wiped out or joining. That strongly suggests someone was using the Voice, both to compel the Strumhalteners and assorted monsters to march towards Mechanicsburg, and to subvert the Empire forces. And the only two people who can use the Voice right now are Agatha... and 'Anevka'.

Our two not so favorite female villains are, I think, out and about, and probably causing trouble...

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'd say that it's a safe bet Clankcrezia is not in the bubble given comic #4.
    solo tú sabes bien quien soy y por eso es tuyo mi corazón
    AKA Yakkul

5. - Top - End - #65

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by PePe QuiCoSE View Post
    I'd say that it's a safe bet Clankcrezia is not in the bubble given comic #4.
    Eh? That was Clankcrezia looking through a time window from sometime in the future, so unless you're saying that Mechanicsburg is going to be stuck in the time bubble for the rest of eternity, it doesn't prove one way or the other what she's doing right now.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

New strip is up.

Looking better on the art front. But those toothy smiles are still a little off.

Guess I'm just gonna have to...

Wait for it.

Grin and bear it for now.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

7. - Top - End - #67

This guy does facial expressions like he's spent the last decade watching Invader Zim on a constant loop. It's creeping me out.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Eh? That was Clankcrezia looking through a time window from sometime in the future, so unless you're saying that Mechanicsburg is going to be stuck in the time bubble for the rest of eternity, it doesn't prove one way or the other what she's doing right now.
    I'm still betting she is not inside. If not that would mean that first the time bubble needs to be resolved before the comic reaches that point of the story. I bet everyone would love that! Another Castle arc!
    solo tú sabes bien quien soy y por eso es tuyo mi corazón
    AKA Yakkul

9. - Top - End - #69

It reads more like a parody of girl genius than anything.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #70

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    The writing is the Foglios, though, isn't it? It's just someone else doing the art. I suspect the slightly over-the-top nature of it is because it was originally a radio play, and they always tend to be slightly artificial.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Its probably because its a direct adaption of the radio play. The radio shows take themselves less seriously than the main comic and have a lot more humor, so calling them a "parody" of girl genius would not be too far off. I mean look at the weasel queen comics(which was also adapted from a radio play); those were full of the more senseless kind of humor that you don't see as much of in the main comic...

Though I will say that some of the humor might be lost. The humor of Zeetha barging in like that and announcing who she is, really all comes in the line delivery; what's funny is just hearing how pointlessly loud she is... Also you don't have to wait 3 days to hear the follow up line... its one of those things that is not as amusing in comic form.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2014-01-03 at 08:58 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Agatha looks better this time around. Zeetha... still needs work.

Lightning Gun?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

He draws Girl Genius like he does Spacetrawlers. I recognise that creepy smile.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

That coffee gag becomes even funnier when you take the footnote into account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

They look kind of like inbred orcs. I'm not sure if that's intentional.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

IIRC, the other side stories are a bit more silly than the main story as well, not just the Weasel Queen.

Aha. Found a link to the radio plays in question that actually leads to something. Not actually that easy to listen to.

Doomed!!!!
    Last edited by BannedInSchool; 2014-01-03 at 12:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    This guy does facial expressions like he's spent the last decade watching Invader Zim on a constant loop. It's creeping me out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
    Doomed!!!!
    Let's sing the Doom song now!
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, @Othar is also tweeting again, btw.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Ah, @Othar is also tweeting again, btw.
    Apparently Phil is unclear on the concept of 'vacation'. Thanks for the info though, as I hadn't checked it in a while. Too late at night so I'll wait 'till the morning to update the OP.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

20. - Top - End - #80

How annoying. After all this time I still had Othar's Twitter on my RSS feed reader just in case it ever started up again. Then it finally does, and it turns out the feed no longer works.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Its probably because its a direct adaption of the radio play. The radio shows take themselves less seriously than the main comic and have a lot more humor, so calling them a "parody" of girl genius would not be too far off. I mean look at the weasel queen comics(which was also adapted from a radio play); those were full of the more senseless kind of humor that you don't see as much of in the main comic...

Though I will say that some of the humor might be lost. The humor of Zeetha barging in like that and announcing who she is, really all comes in the line delivery; what's funny is just hearing how pointlessly loud she is... Also you don't have to wait 3 days to hear the follow up line... its one of those things that is not as amusing in comic form.
    Also because in a radio show, you have to have characters announce everything like giant hams (because otherwise listeners will have no idea what's going on.) When you do that in a comic, they come across as ridiculous parodies of themselves.

Like, in this page, Zeetha does this huge over-the-top speech to establish that she's Zeetha, because listeners have nothing else to associate that voice with her.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2014-01-05 at 11:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I must say, I am really disliking this filler story so far (yes, I know we are still very early in the story.) I understand that it is adapting one of their radio dramas but, as said above, so was the weasel queen story and I really liked that one.

It may have helped that that story actually had Othar in it. While in this story I felt that having Zeetha suddenly talk like Othar very odd and off-putting. Also, while I am not one to get hung up on art in comics (in fact this may be the very first time the artwork ever really bothered me) I find the character's faces to also be odd and very distracting (especially Krosp's).

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    I must say, I am really disliking this filler story so far (yes, I know we are still very early in the story.) I understand that it is adapting one of their radio dramas but, as said above, so was the weasel queen story and I really liked that one.

It may have helped that that story actually had Othar in it. While in this story I felt that having Zeetha suddenly talk like Othar very odd and off-putting. Also, while I am not one to get hung up on art in comics (in fact this may be the very first time the artwork ever really bothered me) I find the character's faces to also be odd and very distracting (especially Krosp's).
    For me, this is ruined because its so clearly NOT meant to be broken up into so many tiny pieces, it just doesnt seem to flow right. Its like breaking up a tv show into vines and showing them one per day.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

One thing that bugs me... Dr. Bonefish's design. Googles, small glasses, wild hair, beard, rubber gloves, Lab coat, suit and tie underneth... its just so generic mad scientist; much too generic from what the foglios put together.
    Last edited by slayerx; 2014-01-07 at 09:40 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Bugbear in the Playground

There is a new comic.

I still don't like Zeetha's face. I like Agatha's though.
    Guess what spell I cast before posting this message.

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    He draws Girl Genius like he does Spacetrawlers. I recognise that creepy smile.
    He's a lot better at drawing aliens than humans.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

IIRC, the other side stories are a bit more silly than the main story as well, not just the Weasel Queen.

Aha. Found a link to the radio plays in question that actually leads to something. Not actually that easy to listen to.

Doomed!!!!
    Thanks for the link, listening to it was quite fun, and given the current drawing style I couldn't really bear learning the story the other way.
    OotS Quiz Junkie

Spoiler
    Show

Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to deliver us from danger.
    Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to invest this metal carcass with your spirit.
    Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to bring life unto the inanimate.
    Oh great Machine God, we beseech thee to summon forth the holy en-Djinn
    Incantation of the Mechanicus

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Well, I like it so far. It's overly goofy and melodramatic, and I LIKE overly goofy and melodramatic sometimes.
    It's also pretty funny.
    Also, since it's not part of the current storyline, I look at this as a "Heterodyne Story" being told by someone else, and of course a story will take on a whole new ..everything depending on the teller.

I'm predicting that the frog isn't giant sized, but the castle has instead shrunk.

EDIT--
    How are you guys playing the actual audio episodes? All I can get are errors saying the files are corrupted.
    Last edited by Kislath; 2014-01-09 at 02:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kislath View Post
    Also, since it's not part of the current storyline, I look at this as a "Heterodyne Story" being told by someone else, and of course a story will take on a whole new ..everything depending on the teller.
    That is how the Weasel Queen was framed as well, as a story being told within the GG universe by a third party about Agatha Heterodyne, Girl Genius! It's not necessarily a "true story" about Agatha, but it is a Foglio-written non-canon story, for fun. *gasp*
    EDIT--
    How are you guys playing the actual audio episodes? All I can get are errors saying the files are corrupted.
    Huh, I had downloaded them before, but playing off the link in the browser works fine for me just now too. *shrug*

30. - Top - End - #90
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kislath View Post
    Well, I like it so far. It's overly goofy and melodramatic, and I LIKE overly goofy and melodramatic sometimes.
    It's also pretty funny.

I'm predicting that the frog isn't giant sized, but the castle has instead shrunk.

EDIT--
    That's also my prediction, not having listened to the radio play. But it is telegraphed pretty heavily.