New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: UKitP Meetup XV: If you don't come, we might destroy the world. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvil View Post
    I mean, I could... I dunno I could try to be Canadian. Maybe just once a week or something. Would that be better?
    Oh, Dvil. You just don't understand. You can't fix it. What has been done is done.

Really, has it become a weekly thing for me to find a way to blame you for everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: UKitP Meetup XV: If you don't come, we might destroy the world. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Oh, Dvil. You just don't understand. You can't fix it. What has been done is done.

Really, has it become a weekly thing for me to find a way to blame you for everything?
    I think it became that long ago. I'm used to it by now.
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    I wonder what it's like having to travel to get to a meetup...

Oh, wait! I've done that for about all of the meetups I've ever attended, which is a majority of them. Going to be nice to only have about 40 minutes to get to the meetup for a change, instead of the usual 5-6 hour drive.

I will be bringing the Firefly board game to this meetup. And the DiscWorld: Witches special collector's edition (well, it's still shrinkwrapped and unused, so I might decide to just leave it like that). Only two-ish months to go!!
    GORRAM IT!

I just bought that and was planning on bringing it up with me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    Well having no car I basically have to make a pilgrimage by train ;~; unless someone who IS planning on driving could swing by Manchester and pick me up? *looks hopeful*

Awesome! I could bring any of the following:
    • Munchkin
    • Munchkin Conan
    • Munchkin Apocalypse
    • Cards against Humanity (Maybe if my boyfriend lets me)
    Are you comfortable with taking a bus? I've done Glasgow-Manchester with National Express, and the only thing I can say is that don't take the night one, we had to stop at some point because some lads started fighting.

- MUNCHKIN YAAHAHAHAHAHAH! I have Star Munchkin. Best Munchkin games are formed when random different sets are combined. I'd appreciate the Conan, I've been drooling over it in the local games shop but haven't dared to buy...
    - I'm thinking about purchasing CAH and maybe an extra set, so you might not have to bring it.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did I understand this right and the meetup will be July 5/6? ^^

Works perfectly for me I think.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

I'd like to come, but I don't know how feasible it'll be money wise and I'm also having a lot of issues with school and my mental health.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you comfortable with taking a bus? I've done Glasgow-Manchester with National Express, and the only thing I can say is that don't take the night one, we had to stop at some point because some lads started fighting.

- MUNCHKIN YAAHAHAHAHAHAH! I have Star Munchkin. Best Munchkin games are formed when random different sets are combined. I'd appreciate the Conan, I've been drooling over it in the local games shop but haven't dared to buy...
    - I'm thinking about purchasing CAH and maybe an extra set, so you might not have to bring it.
    Could do, I would have to plan everything out VERY carefully, you know the whole not wanting to be forced to sleep on a bench over night to get the next bus in the morning yadda yadda yadda. But at the moment I am thinking Bus or Train :3
    Assuming I dont get lost

I had my (ex)local toymaster get in things like Munchkin and Zombies for me :P
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

I hate to break it to you, but Randypants isn't Canadian either. And he's still here in Glaswegistan.
    Well, the sword wielding part was right, at least. Right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Casual Wednesdays, Canadian Fridays. It could work. And why have I been summoned? What? Meetup in Glasgow? Hell yeah count me in!
    Sorry for calling you Canuckistanian, randy. I must have had you confused with someone else. Perhaps I was thinking about Gwyn Chan'Gwyllrlch (or whatever he calls himself). However, this means another attendee for the meetup.

Huzzah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    GORRAM IT!

I just bought that and was planning on bringing it up with me.
    Muahahaah!! Then again, now you'll have some extra spare room in your travel bag.
    I'll also have a Special 10th Anniversary edition of Ticket to Ride (US map) by that time. Well, hopefully. If Days of Wonder gets it shipped before then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh God, everything's so different; the threads look like they're made of PMs and the layout and buttons're different! And I missed out on my birthday thread for this?! :P

So yeah, I'll be attending, pending a job/traineeship.
    Though I'm lazy: when are where exactly in Scotlandland are we meeting?

Le sigh. Fourteen plus hours on the train. If the line's repaired by then, stupid face storms breaking things.
    Let me look things up.
    Because I can only (currently) book trains in June, let's do that. Okay . . . cheapest fare for [home] to Glasgow is a twenty-four hour total journey costing . . . £143.50.
    . . .
    Okay. Can I get floor space please and thank you?

If I go buy National Express Coach I completely shatter my back and comfort on a thirty-seven hour round trip, and it costs £86.50.
    Still want floor space, please and thank you.

Or I could fly from Newquay. It's a ten(ish) hour round flight for £150 odd. And would involve me flying for the first time ever. And changing at airports. For the first time ever. And working myself into a right lather as I still panic getting a bus home from the nearest city even though I've done it year in, year out.
    Still want floor space, please and thank you.

Because I'm literally travelling from the other end of the mainland here.
    None of these options actually look all that nice now that I look at them . . .
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2014-04-03 at 10:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    If the line's repaired by then, stupid face storms breaking things.
    Coincidentally, they reported on the news this morning that the line has been repaired and normal train services in Cornwall resume today, so that, at least, isn't an issue. (£143 for a round trip sounds more like it might be one, though! ).

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

OWCH! £143 thats a lot! I don't want to see how much is gunna cost me
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Coincidentally, they reported on the news this morning that the line has been repaired and normal train services in Cornwall resume today, so that, at least, isn't an issue. (£143 for a round trip sounds more like it might be one, though! ).
    Oh good, now I just have to stare at prices. Although . . . did I put my railcard on? Here's hoping I forgot.
    . . .
    Nnnnnope.

I could theoretically get Megabus to London, then a train from London to Glasgow.
    That's £20 for a return bus ticket. And . . . £37 for a return from London Victoria to Glasgow. Because it's an overnight train.
    That's much more feasible, though given the bus from home leaves at five a.m. and arrives about half one in the afternoon the times aren't the best.
    No matter which why I slice it it seems I'm in for twenty-four hours plus of travelling.

OWCH! £143 thats a lot! I don't want to see how much is gunna cost me
    You mainland UK? In that case: less than me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

I could theoretically get Megabus to London, then a train from London to Glasgow.
    That's £20 for a return bus ticket. And . . . £37 for a return from London Victoria to Glasgow. Because it's an overnight train.
    That's much more feasible, though given the bus from home leaves at five a.m. and arrives about half one in the afternoon the times aren't the best.
    No matter which why I slice it it seems I'm in for twenty-four hours plus of travelling.
    Yeah, but an overnight train is a lot more feasible then a bus. I mean, the seats on them are actually marginally comfortable for long distances.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

What's this? Playgrounder's In my home town? Sign me up for this! I can make anytime, though I can't help out with accommodation.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Could do, I would have to plan everything out VERY carefully, you know the whole not wanting to be forced to sleep on a bench over night to get the next bus in the morning yadda yadda yadda. But at the moment I am thinking Bus or Train :3
    Assuming I dont get lost

I had my (ex)local toymaster get in things like Munchkin and Zombies for me :P
    If you book early enough the train shouldn't be so expensive. I flew from Manchester to Finland last summer and took the bus to Manchester and the train back. The train cost me 20 quid, and the bus about 7 squidwards.

I've never heard of Zombies. How's it like? Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Well, the sword wielding part was right, at least. Right? Right?
    Dunno. I wouldn't call fencing wielding, but then again, I dunno, my brain is exploding right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDalyus View Post
    What's this? Playgrounder's In my home town? Sign me up for this! I can make anytime, though I can't help out with accommodation.
    Welcome to the bunch.

Curlywurlywoowoo, you need a place to stay at right? I've already promised to accommodate Delusion, but if my future flatmate is ok with it, I can try and get you stay at my place too.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

That was just the new format breaking things and not me somehow posting a broken table from the outset without noticing, right?

Anyway, July 5th - 6th sounds good to me. I'll start looking into travel/accommodation arrangements now.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Dunno. I wouldn't call fencing wielding, but then again, I dunno, my brain is exploding right now.
    I'm a bit unsure about how you intend to fence without wielding a something to fence with...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lesser_minion View Post
    That was just the new format breaking things and not me somehow posting a broken table from the outset without noticing, right?

Anyway, July 5th - 6th sounds good to me. I'll start looking into travel/accommodation arrangements now.
    Castaras saved the table and fixed it. It's on the previous page.

Woooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I'm a bit unsure about how you intend to fence without wielding a something to fence with...
    I literally imagined you and randman fighting with legitimate fences. Like, the ones you put on the side of the house.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

I literally imagined you and randman fighting with legitimate fences. Like, the ones you put on the side of the house.

Spoiler
    Show

(I just had to put Randman's streetlight in there as well, it just wouldn't be him otherwise.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

Oh God, everything's so different; the threads look like they're made of PMs and the layout and buttons're different! And I missed out on my birthday thread for this?! :P

So yeah, I'll be attending, pending a job/traineeship.
    You! You still exist! I was just the other day wondering why you hadn't been on the forums in a month and considering texting to ask except you probably wouldn't have got it because your phone's never on.

And I think I now know all my commitments, so I can fill in the table. Also the table now has lines, because I much prefer it that way.
    Spoiler: Table
    Show

Poster Jun 7/8 Jun 14/15 Jun 21/22 Jun 28/29 Jul 5/6 Jul 12/13 Jul 19/20 Jul 26/27 Aug 2/3 Aug 9/10 Aug 16/17 Aug 23/24 Aug 30/31
    Strawberries/Cream Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    Delusion Y Y N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    Castaras M M M M M M M M M M M M M
    FinnLassie Y M M M M N N N N N N N N
    Ku Y Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y Y N Y Y
    Party Y Y Y Y Y Y Y N Y Y Y Y Y
    Spanner Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y N(1) N ?(2) Y
    Teddy N N N N Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    Corax Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    lesser_minion Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    Snowfire M M M M M M M M N N N Y Y
    Thufir Y M N Y Y Y Y Y Y N N Y Y
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Show

Poster Jun 7/8 Jun 14/15 Jun 21/22 Jun 28/29 Jul 5/6 Jul 12/13 Jul 19/20 Jul 26/27 Aug 2/3 Aug 9/10 Aug 16/17 Aug 23/24 Aug 30/31
    Strawberries/Cream Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y

I was going to edit in when I couldn't make it, but I've realised that I won't know until the very close to the date - so deleted myself from the table (and made it pretty).
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    I was going to edit in when I couldn't make it, but I've realised that I won't know until the very close to the date - so deleted myself from the table (and made it pretty).
    But the lines! What have you done with my lines?!
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

No lines for you. Mwahahaha!
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay meetup!
    If it ends up being June 5/6, I can make it, but Cream can't, so I'll separate our names.

Show

Strawberries Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
    Cream Y Y Y Y N N Y Y Y Y N N Y

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

25. - Top - End - #115

*pokes the thread*

So is this going to be the July 5/6? Because if so I need to start booking flights ^^

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Well, as one of the people organising I'm going heavy on yes for 5.-6.7.

Delusion, are you planning on coming over just for the weekend?
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

27. - Top - End - #117

Depends, my parents are pressuring me to stay for few etra days to sightsee, and I don't think its a bad idea.

Not sure of exact plans yet.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delusion View Post
    Depends, my parents are pressuring me to stay for few etra days to sightsee, and I don't think its a bad idea.

Not sure of exact plans yet.
    Ok. I'm planning on flying back to Finland on the 7th or 8th, so if you decide to do a bit of sightseeing before the meet up then you can bunk at my place for a bit longer.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm. From where I am, I can pick up a train ticket to Glasgow for about 13 quid, so, maybe.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm absolutely in favour of July 5/6th. I'll probably come up by train, though...

So, Glasgow people, what's the situation, hotel-wise, near the station?

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman