New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: UKitP Meetup XV: If you don't come, we might destroy the world. Just saying.

SirDalyus and Gnomvid, would you consider yourselves definitely coming since you're both offering accommodation?
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: UKitP Meetup XV: If you don't come, we might destroy the world. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    SirDalyus and Gnomvid, would you consider yourselves definitely coming since you're both offering accommodation?
    Gnomvid will definitely be there. I'll make sure of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Gnomvid will definitely be there. I'll make sure of it.
    Are you gonna use some good ol' viking ways, tying him up and dragging him along the shore?
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Are you gonna use some good ol' viking ways, tying him up and dragging him along the shore?
    Considering he's a work colleague of mine, I'm sure I can find some way to get him to come along. Maybe a bribe of some sort.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

I would consider myself defineitly coming, yes

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

As we swiftly accelerate past the two week mark, my thoughts turn to the subject of baking. My current plan is to do brownies again (because why shift away from a known favourite), however the meetup thread this time has no allergy information.

So are there any allergies I need to be made aware of? Dairy is easy to deal with, so if that's all we've got, yay! If you're gluten intolerant I may branch out and make something else as well however, because the gluten-free flour blend does something weird to the texture of brownies and I can't bring myself to do that to them a second time.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am not allergic to anything. Except guinea pigs, so please don't use them on your baking.

Also, who will be around on the Friday night? Do you guys want to do something, like a meal out? Just so I can organise things if necessary.
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

I'm allergic to bull****! *prepares for rotten tomatoes*

Lactose intolerant and IBS, so kind of gluten-unfriendly. I am no longer dairy allergic for that matter. *shakes fist at IBS*

If I'm not ill (unlikely ), I'll be baking some cinnamon rolls.

EDIT: why did I miss Dvil? Is it because it's always his fault?

Me and my two host-ees (how does one spell) are probably open for munchies somewhere. Let me tell you, the Russian place near where the meet up will be is awesome. Wiink wink wink.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2014-06-22 at 04:23 PM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: why did I miss Dvil? Is it because it's always his fault?

Me and my two host-ees (how does one spell) are probably open for munchies somewhere. Let me tell you, the Russian place near where the meet up will be is awesome. Wiink wink wink.
    I'll definitely be up to it, yes...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

I'm in Glasgow, assuming that the trains run right, at quarter past two. So I'd be up for munchies in the evening, with the caveat that I might have to run and let Strawberries into our accommodation depending on timing.

On that note, do you still have my number Strawberries (it's still the same as it was for the Derby meet)? And do you know when you get into Glasgow?
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of phone numbers, if people would like mine I'd be glad to get it to you via PM in exchange for your own number and preferrably at least first name (I'm really iffy about having non-IRL names on my phone ).
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

I should be go0od t7o g9o for a me3al on t2he Friday night, and I'd ho0pe3 Mini2on and Archie would b9e cool1 f6or that too.

For those of you who don't have my phone number, I've just posted it above.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why yes I'm most definitely going and I'll use my own Viking methods to drag myself there although if Ku is offering a ride I won't pass it up.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomvid View Post
    Why yes I'm most definitely going and I'll use my own Viking methods to drag myself there although if Ku is offering a ride I won't pass it up.
    It'll depend on how much space we've got in the car. Archie and lesser_minion has a seat each, obviously, and then depending on the amount of games we need to pack into the back, we might have room for one more in the car. Possibly two.

Maybe.
    Or I can make Archie walk to Glasgow to free up a space in the car.
    But likely at least one.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    It'll depend on how much space we've got in the car. Archie and lesser_minion has a seat each, obviously, and then depending on the amount of games we need to pack into the back, we might have room for one more in the car. Possibly two.

Maybe.
    Or I can make Archie walk to Glasgow to free up a space in the car.
    But likely at least one.
    roof rack for LM?
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Just FYI, I'm considering doing a tour de England, around the winter meet-up and it look like it might actually happen, yay.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Boo, not good enough! Make it to the Glasgow meet up
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

18. - Top - End - #258
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh yeah, I never actually mentioned, but I have my train tickets, and I'm booked into one of the Premier Inns (In a twin room, if anyone is short accommodation and would prefer that to the recently offered sofa beds).

Oh, and re: Possible Friday plans, I've forgotten when I'm due into Glasgow, but since I'm leaving Newcastle at 2:36, I assume I'll be there late afternoon and therefore am definitely up for something.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2014-06-23 at 04:18 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    I'm in Glasgow, assuming that the trains run right, at quarter past two. So I'd be up for munchies in the evening, with the caveat that I might have to run and let Strawberries into our accommodation depending on timing.

On that note, do you still have my number Strawberries (it's still the same as it was for the Derby meet)? And do you know when you get into Glasgow?
    I do, and my number has stayed the same.

I haven't booked a train yet because loads of things have been going on for me in the last two weeks, but I should arrive at around 7.30 pm. Maybe. I'll confirm as soon as I have a ticket in my pocket.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Folks, I want to (re-)gauge any potential interest in a Magic:the Gathering draft at some point during the meetup weekend. Either on the Saturday or the Sunday. During the conversation I had with Archie where he officially placed his booking for accommodation at my place for the weekend, we discussed it, and he was up for it.

Just wondering if enough people are interested enough to make sure it happens.

Again, there are a few different options to be had when it comes to the formats.

The new Conspiracy set that was released not long ago is a draft-optimised set where there is no tournament play after the draft, but rather you organise multi-player games where you play a free-for-all with either 4 or 5 players in each game. If there are 8-10 players in the draft, we'd set up two games, and possibly having the top 2 finishers of each game face each other in a game to claim the championship title of the meetup, while the lower finishers face off in a game of the unsuccessfuls to see who gets the wooden spoon.

If multi-player games are not to everyone's liking, I can source enough boosters at a reasonable price to organise a regular draft. We could do it like last year, where everyone keeps all cards drafted and have an additional prize booster pack for each player entered as prize pool, or we could do it for fun, and I just keep all the cards at the end, and we just play for the fun of playing.

Third option could be to do a Sealed Limited tournament, where everyone starts with 4 booster packs to build a deck of 30 cards (instead of the normal Limited deck of 40) to compete with.

Anyone who's interested in playing some M:tG, please let me know what you'd be interested in ASAP so I know what needs to be sorted. it's only just over a week to go, you know....
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

I'm working over the weekend, however, I'll come along in between my shifts.

I would be up for a Conspiracy draft if it's on when I'm free.
    Takes avatar Requests Portfolio
    Spoiler
    Show

Trophies By LiB, Oblivion and Me

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

As an alternative to drafting Magic, I do own an EDH Cube that I can bring along If people are Interested. Or I can bring Munchkin or the DC card game.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

I've got the basic Munchkin, Space Munchkin thingamagic and an add-on pack for it, Fairy Dust... and Accidentally got myself Zombie Munchkin 2, instead of Munchkin 2.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Ok guys!

Now, I'm planning on booking a table somewhere for Friday night, 7.30/8pm to have some pre-meet up dinner with the folk that have already arrived. I've suggested the Russian place earlier, but if anyone's against it/has a better place in mind, please tell and I'll try to find something that everyone's fine with. Link to Russian place: http://www.cossachok.com/

I want to book the table perhaps tomorrow, latest on Tuesday. So, tell me if you're coming and I'll get the right amount of seats.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2014-06-29 at 04:21 PM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

25. - Top - End - #265
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!
    Add me on Steam!

Amazing albatross avatar by the lovely and very talented Ceika

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

I'm definitely up for it!
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

I've heard good things about that Russian place, count me in.
    Show

<struck dumb>

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Aye, 'tis a really nice place. Good food, good atmosphere.

Four down on the list, hoping for moooooooooore to come.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Put myself and Gnomvid down for that as well.
    Russian place sounds good.
    I'll check with Shurz as well at lunch, and I'm pretty sure that Archonic Energy doesn't want to sit alone at home in my flat on Friday night, so I'll put his name up for that on his behalf as well.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Firbolg in the Playground

I would definitely like company and food on Friday evening, so me as well.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."