New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Wall V

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Make no mistake. Vampires, werewolves, the lot are a curse upon themselves and their former kin. The common thread among them is that they propagate themselves by the destruction of other species - for every vampire or werewolf born, someone must die. They are the enemies of all others, because their prosperity is our destruction. To kill them, then, is merely self-defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Okay, I've been leaving this issue alone for the most part, but this? This is almost the same kind of bull**** reasoning that was used back home to kill many innocent people. It's stupid, and you really need a better excuse for killing people. Preemptive killing like this is wrong.
    It would appear that light blue has missed the point entirely...shocker.

Remember, that Shoyler also means turning the vamps into the living once more. Not just killing.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2014-05-19 at 12:25 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

If they want to be cured, then have at it. But forcing it on them? When they haven't done anything bad against anybody? That's wrong.

As for the parts you underlined, last I checked, werewolves weren't undead. As for vampires, while they may not be technically alive, they can still have a life. And if they aren't hurting anybody, why kill them?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #753

You're focusing on little details instead of the big picture.
    You're half hopeless.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

If they want to be cured, then have at it. But forcing it on them? When they haven't done anything bad against anybody? That's wrong.

As for the parts you underlined, last I checked, werewolves weren't undead. As for vampires, while they may not be technically alive, they can still have a life. And if they aren't hurting anybody, why kill them?
    Werewolves are Unholy beasts, once normal men and women infected with the unnatural disease of lycanthropy. They're extremely dangerous, and hyperaggresive. People hunt and kill them for a reason.

Vampires are dead. Not alive. They don't have lives. They cannot feel, and they require sustenance from innocents. They are truly evil.

And if we cannot convince you with reason and kind offers, perhaps a more forceful approach will be required. We must protect the people. No matter what. I hope it doesn't come to violence.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

On my homeworld, those born with the curse lack the same kind of rage that the infected do. Although wolves tend to be dangerous, those both born and infected by the Bear are almost always incredibly passive, and are only dangerous when cornered.
    And fun fact: usually herbivorous therianthropy has nearly no impact on cognitive functions besides instincts based on their changed diet. Those strains are incredibly rare since they're generally only created and spread by mages with a sick sense of humor.

also, the term 'werewolf' is also used by a number of worlds to describe their shapeshifters, despite their animal nature being non-contagious,non-violent, and merely part of their race, so you'd be wise to tell the difference.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-05-19 at 12:53 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #756

The little details are just as important as the big picture.

I used to know a werewolf. She was an extremely pleasant woman. She did have some anger issues, but she was pretty good at keeping them in check. Because people helped her.

I don't know what vampires you've met, but the ones I've seen did have emotions. And they led lives.

You won't be able to convince me to wipe out all people you deem unholy. It's wrong. If they want help in becoming human again, go for it. If they're causing harm and are unwilling to get help, then we stop them. But if they're not causing harm and are fine with what they are? Then leave them be.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #757
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

You think immortality is a blessing? It is not. Think about it: you are going to see friends and loved ones decay and die, on and on, century after century, millenia after millenia. You are going to have more time than you know what to do with, and you will grow bored. No once-mortal can stand this without turning to evil: it may happen quickly or extremely slowly, but it will happen eventually. And since you are talking about vampires...when a vampire turns to evil, only death and despair follow.

Think about what I said. Immortality is a curse. Bold Black can lift this curse from you, take advantage of it.

P.S. And if you say that you will turn immortal your friends, you only prove his point.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

8. - Top - End - #758

First, I'm not any variety of undead. I'm a mutant. Which still means I'm not human. And given my healing factor, I probably will live a long time.

Second, I know immortality is not a gift. And I know that vampires turning to evil can cause a lot of pain.

What I'm saying is that we need to first offer them help. Be friends with them. If they aren't hurting anybody, then we have no right to force anything on them.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #759

Honestly, I think the best solution to this would be some sort of system to indicate when a vampire has gone hunting for blood, and when they do so, hunt them down.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Please, do not misunderstand me, I was not referring to you specifically, nor I was talking specifically about vampires. That said, Bold Black is offering the vampires help: you help an ill person by curing them, and vampirism is a disease. A disease that undoubtfully gives power, but still a disease. Like a disease, it can have less harmful, or even harmless strains: sadly, that is not a reason to not eradicate it. As I stated before, Bold Black is offering a cure: if one desires to remain a vampire, for what reasons can this be if not thirst of power? And everyone knows that thirst of power is never a good thing.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-05-19 at 02:13 PM.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

A message has been written in poor penmanship:

OK, since this kind of fell between the cracks, I guess I'll ask again. Does anyone know of a place where I might be able to find salvageable scrap metal or machine parts for cheap/free and at relatively-low risk? I'm just trying to build an automated sling/brace for my arm, I swear it's nothing evil or whatever.

--Shame

12. - Top - End - #762
    Orc in the Playground

On my homeworld, lycanthropy isn't a curse- it's a blessing, granted by the Moon Spirit to all those born under a full moon. They retain full control of all their faculties and actions regardless of which shape they take, and can change shape at will. Their shape depends on their personality, the surrounding environment and climate and several other, unknown factors. Marsh Goblins so blessed are usually crocodiles, alligators, salamanders or eels; City Elves are usually lions or baboons; Desert Orcs are lizards or snakes; Nomadic Gnomes are usually foxes or jackals; Hill Dwarfs are usually bears, wolves or puma, and so on.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #763

The little details are just as important as the big picture.

I used to know a werewolf. She was an extremely pleasant woman. She did have some anger issues, but she was pretty good at keeping them in check. Because people helped her.

I don't know what vampires you've met, but the ones I've seen did have emotions. And they led lives.
    "I know a werewolf, and they're alright."

Let's forget the real problem, there's a disease that spreads through the unholy strength of monstrous killing machines, let's ignore that they're only a bad day away from spilling blood, let's ignore thousands dead, across every world where they're spawned - Because one was nice to you.

You thinking they're quite friendly doesn't make them not a monster.

When the 'small details' are your petty experiences, against thousands of years of suffering, no, they aren't important at all.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

14. - Top - End - #764

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    On my homeworld, lycanthropy isn't a curse- it's a blessing, granted by the Moon Spirit to all those born under a full moon. They retain full control of all their faculties and actions regardless of which shape they take, and can change shape at will. Their shape depends on their personality, the surrounding environment and climate and several other, unknown factors. Marsh Goblins so blessed are usually crocodiles, alligators, salamanders or eels; City Elves are usually lions or baboons; Desert Orcs are lizards or snakes; Nomadic Gnomes are usually foxes or jackals; Hill Dwarfs are usually bears, wolves or puma, and so on.
    Shapeshifters...
    Are not werewolves.
    I am a wolf that can shift into a human. I was born this way. I am not a werewolf.
    I am a shapeshifter.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #765

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    A message has been written in poor penmanship:
    There's a junkyard in Inside. Could probably find what you need there.

Let's forget the real problem, there's a disease that spreads through the unholy strength of monstrous killing machines, let's ignore that they're only a bad day away from spilling blood, let's ignore thousands dead, across every world where they're spawned - Because one was nice to you.

You thinking they're quite friendly doesn't make them not a monster.

When the 'small details' are your petty experiences, against thousands of years of suffering, no, they aren't important at all.
    So...we should get rid of all humans? They've caused thousands of years of suffering.

I'm saying we shouldn't judge people because of what they are. We should judge them for what they do. And while there are probably quite a few vampires that would be happy to kill every person out there, there are also many who wouldn't harm anybody.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Shapeshifters...
    Are not werewolves.
    I am a wolf that can shift into a human. I was born this way. I am not a werewolf.
    I am a shapeshifter.
    And yet, where I am from, an individual born under the full moon that can change into a wolf is termed a 'werewolf', meaning that is what I think of whenever I hear the term. The blessing cannot be transferred, and it is in no means a disease, so it always takes a moment to remember that the word is used differently out here.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #767
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I'm saying we shouldn't judge people because of what they are. We should judge them for what they do. And while there are probably quite a few vampires that would be happy to kill every person out there, there are also many who wouldn't harm anybody.

You misunderstand. It is not the vampires that what we should get rid of, it is vampirism. Not the carriers, but the disease.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2014-05-19 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added quote

18. - Top - End - #768
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

There's a junkyard in Inside. Could probably find what you need there.
    As long as you're not referring to the Red Zones, you have my attention. Where exactly would one find this junkyard, if you don't mind my asking?

((If it's nowhere in particular, feel free to use something like "<insert junkyard address here>"; I'm not that picky.))
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2014-05-19 at 06:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Yeah, let's ignore it. It doesn't matter how many mortals die. They're just not important. You can rail all you want on this wall, but you're still cattle. We're stronger, faster, smarter, we feel more intensely; we are simply better than you. It's time to accept it."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Yeah, let's ignore it. It doesn't matter how many mortals die. They're just not important. You can rail all you want on this wall, but you're still cattle. We're stronger, faster, smarter, we feel more intensely; we are simply better than you. It's time to accept it."
    You know, as hilarious as it is to antagonize the Silver Cult or whatever it is they're called, you really should only do it when other people aren't around. They tend to get the wrong idea.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shapeshifters...
    Are not werewolves.
    I am a shapeshifter.
    Neat coincidence. I'm literally the opposite: a human who knows a spell to go wolf.
    Want to form a club like everyone else seems to be doing?

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #772

Strange, then, that we've all the great achievements to our name.

But come on then. I'll invite you to cease railing on this wall, come and prove what you say.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

You see, people. It's creatures like these that end up killing and hurting innocents. You really think it wise to let them go free? Just because one of the monstrous things might not be as evil as the rest? No, that's ridiculous.

I came to Trog's, with the intention of diplomacy, trying to cure the men and women there of their disease. It was The Hoplite himself that recommended a peaceful talk. And what do we get from the so called 'friendly' vampires? Unkind words and black magic directed our way. From now on, vampires, werewolves, and those practicing dark magic will be either cured.... or removed from the populace. These are... drastic moves, I know. But sometimes harsh things must be done.

They strike first. They always do.

But I strike last.

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    You see, people. It's creatures like these that end up killing and hurting innocents. You really think it wise to let them go free? Just because one of the monstrous things might not be as evil as the rest? No, that's ridiculous.

I came to Trog's, with the intention of diplomacy, trying to cure the men and women there of their disease. It was The Hoplite himself that recommended a peaceful talk. And what do we get from the so called 'friendly' vampires? Unkind words and black magic directed our way. From now on, vampires, werewolves, and those practicing dark magic will be either cured.... or removed from the populace. These are... drastic moves, I know. But sometimes harsh things must be done.

They strike first. They always do.

But I strike last.
    Um...you're kinda bringing stuff here out of context.

I mean, yeah, whoever you quoted obviously needs help. What they're saying isn't right. But killing isn't the answer. And neither is forcing a cure on them. We just gotta try to help how they think.

As for Trog's...one vampire did attack, due to your, um, acquaintance calling her a very inappropriate term. Which obviously upset her. So, in reality, he started that fight, not her. But, she does need to look into anger management, because it still didn't give her the right to try to punch him. But then you reacted badly by suddenly spewing out holy energy, which is way more harmful than a simple punch.

This is why I don't want the fighting in the first place. It's just gonna make everything spin out of control.

As for your little thing there about who strikes first...well, you talking bad about vampires here happened well before her punch. Just saying.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #775

I mean, yeah, whoever you quoted obviously needs help. What they're saying isn't right. But killing isn't the answer. And neither is forcing a cure on them. We just gotta try to help how they think.

As for Trog's...one vampire did attack, due to your, um, acquaintance calling her a very inappropriate term. Which obviously upset her. So, in reality, he started that fight, not her. But, she does need to look into anger management, because it still didn't give her the right to try to punch him. But then you reacted badly by suddenly spewing out holy energy, which is way more harmful than a simple punch.

This is why I don't want the fighting in the first place. It's just gonna make everything spin out of control.

As for your little thing there about who strikes first...well, you talking bad about vampires here happened well before her punch. Just saying.
    Shoyler only spewed out a shield...Noelle is a vampire. A simple punch could crack through my armor and shatter my heart...
    I called her what she was. She is the one who killed all my comrades...all of them. She even tried to forcefully change him into a vampire. I believe you said forcing something on someone was wrong, no?

Shoyler McTowry is no master of rhetoric, it's true. He does not say things the way people want to hear them. But he speaks truthfully.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

No, I'm most certainly not.

He needs more than help. Monsters like that... They can't be helped. They have intelligence, yes. But no sympathy. No empathy. Nothing. They care for no one but themselves, the infection having long since destroyed anything even remotely human in the victim. Now there's nothing but beast left. The only way the people can be protected, and the evil removed, is by fire.

My partner has nothing but bitter feelings towards her. I'm sure you'll hear why, eventually. She's guilty of far worse things than a tame utterance. Then, her friend, a so called 'harmless' individual attempted to attack and kill him! Probably would have drained the man to the bone! All over nothing but an angry word. You see how dangerous and volatile their kind is? They MUST be stopped, and sitting here arguing about it will solve nothing.

What about the generations of humans made thralls to vampires? Human women pulled under the black curtain and transformed into unholy abominations? Ships BURNT and destroyed, lives wasted... Blood split! What about that! What about the families of the victims? Men and women robbed of their spouses, children kidnapped in the night! CHILDREN! History has told us again and again that vampires are as evil as the Black Magic that created them. How many bodies does it take to open your eyes?

You're sympathetic. Naive... Please. You need to see the monsters for what they truly are, before someone you care about is hurt by one of their kind.

27. - Top - End - #777

Shoyler only spewed out a shield...Noelle is a vampire. A simple punch could crack through my armor and shatter my heart...
    I called her what she was. She is the one who killed all my comrades...all of them. She even tried to forcefully change him into a vampire. I believe you said forcing something on someone was wrong, no?

Shoyler McTowry is no master of rhetoric, it's true. He does not say things the way people want to hear them. But he speaks truthfully.
    Okay, I forgot about the strength thing. Sorry.

Regardless of what you might think of her, and even what she might be, language like that really just upsets people. Which leads to fights.

I didn't know about what she did in the past. And I'm sorry for that.

He may speak some truth, but he shouldn't be so general in his grouping of people. Or absolute in his solution.

To Shoyler...I'm starting to think you're saying stuff like this in order to provoke vampires into getting upset and attacking.

Yes, being a vampire can come with anger issues. I know this very well. But that just means you should try to help them with these issues. Not say what you can to set them off.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-05-20 at 12:30 AM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #778

Regardless of what you might think of her, and even what she might be, language like that really just upsets people. Which leads to fights.

He may speak some truth, but he shouldn't be so general in his grouping of people. Or absolute in his solution.
    I have blatantly stated what she has done previously on the wall; I have even done so recently, I believe.
    I forgive you. I do not forgive Noelle, nor the other pixie, both of whom entered the tavern while itching for a fight. I just wanted a nice discussion while I digested my soup. Too much to ask for?
    Yes, he generalizes.
    However, for the most part he makes accurate statements. The innocent believe all to be innocent.
    Most vampires are terrors. Most. The majority of.
    You can say many are not, but a far larger portion are simply monsters.
    And yes, they ARE designed to kill.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #779

There's no point to this.

You'd compare humans to vampires, you pretend you don't know what these monsters are, you say we can't cure them.

Yes. Yes we can. Their life is our death. You say 'not all are bad'. I say every vampire, werewolf, any such creature is that walks this earth is proof one was bad, that a life was taken.

You're worse than they are. You're short an excuse for being a parasite.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

To Shoyler...I'm starting to think you're saying stuff like this in order to provoke vampires into getting upset and attacking.

Yes, being a vampire can come with anger issues. I know this very well. But that just means you should try to help them with these issues. Not say what you can to set them off.
    I'm speaking the truth. If the beasts are infuriated by the truth of their barbarism, then so be it. The truth can hurt.

Help them? Were my examples not enough to sway your mind?

Doesn't matter, anyway. Within a few days the Knights and I will begin going out and curing. There's too much darkness in this city, and it's about time someone set out to clean up the filth of vampirism. Of lycanthropy. All of it must go. You can argue about it all here, but that won't stop what's to come.

To ease your naive mind, consider it for the greater good.