New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLVII

Spako nods as he's shown the stone.
    "That sounds very useful, Garrett. And now, really, if you have a hankering for anything, order it. You really look like you could use a real meal, and I have plenty of funds as long as I only need to spend it on rent and food."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Garrett lifts his headband for a moment and focuses his empathic powers on the woman, looking to read thoughts, emotion, and physical state. He tries to use detect magic as well, but his magick is currently stunted.

"Much thanks, friend. Bamhacon, please. And lemonade."
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2014-01-18 at 04:58 PM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman, drumming her fingers lightly against the bartop, ponders quietly to herself. ...may as well let Adder know I'm here, though I suppose I don't really need any help from him right now...

'Many thanks,' she says to Cosmo, as he pushes a glass as far as his little arms can reach towards the front of the counter. 'If you could keep a tab running for me, that would be marvelous.'

Garrett will note that the woman's state of mind is relaxed, for the most part, though there's the buzzing undertone of recent excitement. Physically, she's exerted herself pretty intensely in the last few hours, and is in good health overall. He may pick up on a slight magical presence, though none of it stems from herself directly - she's carrying something in her right hand.

The mirror abruptly returns to its normal state.
    Active Nexus Characters: Urias Starsailor

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Baeleck View Post
    The woman, drumming her fingers lightly against the bartop, ponders quietly to herself. ...may as well let Adder know I'm here, though I suppose I don't really need any help from him right now...

'Many thanks,' she says to Cosmo, as he pushes a glass as far as his little arms can reach towards the front of the counter. 'If you could keep a tab running for me, that would be marvelous.'

Garrett will note that the woman's state of mind is relaxed, for the most part, though there's the buzzing undertone of recent excitement. Physically, she's exerted herself pretty intensely in the last few hours, and is in good health overall. He may pick up on a slight magical presence, though none of it stems from herself directly - she's carrying something in her right hand.

The mirror abruptly returns to its normal state.
    Caelynn walks in and sits down next to the woman.
    A Feline Fancy, please!
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-01-18 at 05:52 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Spako nods and flags a waitress for him.
    "See, there you go. Get some meat for you."
    he says and orders some for himself. It'll get here momentarily.
    "Whatcha lookin' at, Garrett?"

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman glances across at Caelynn for a second, nodding and smiling in subtle acknowledgement. She then turns back to the bar, taking a long sip of wine in the process.

Her small drone, however, takes far more interest, its sensor contracting and making little buzzing sounds while the panels twitch back and forth. It keeps its distance so as not to seem overly obtrusive, though it is clearly inspecting Caelynn, looking in particular for any magical or mechanical devices that she might be carrying.

7. - Top - End - #187

The woman glances across at Caelynn for a second, nodding and smiling in subtle acknowledgement. She then turns back to the bar, taking a long sip of wine in the process.

Her small drone, however, takes far more interest, its sensor contracting and making little buzzing sounds while the panels twitch back and forth. It keeps its distance so as not to seem overly obtrusive, though it is clearly inspecting Caelynn, looking in particular for any magical or mechanical devices that she might be carrying.
    Caelynn has shotgun gauntlets on her wrists, and a bandolier full of Dust and shotgun slugs on her.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

"Lady over there. Popped outta a mirror. Doesn't come off dangerous, though," Garrett tears violently into his bamhacon.

"God you're a fatty."

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Having completed its initial inspection, the drone returns to its neutral state, occasionally buzzing and clicking, seemingly to itself.

The woman pauses for a moment, as if contemplating something carefully. The device she is carrying is slipped carefully back into her pocket.

'I like your gloves,' she says finally, smiling more earnestly now. 'Where did you acquire them, if it's not too forward of me to ask?'

10. - Top - End - #190

Having completed its initial inspection, the drone returns to its neutral state, occasionally buzzing and clicking, seemingly to itself.

The woman pauses for a moment, as if contemplating something carefully. The device she is carrying is slipped carefully back into her pocket.

'I like your gloves,' she says finally, smiling more earnestly now. 'Where did you acquire them, if it's not too forward of me to ask?'
    Thanks! I built them myself back at Sanctum Academy. I'm Caelynn, by the way. Nice to meet you.
    Caelynn offers a hand to shake.
    The woman my see that an electrum emblem of a rose with a lightning bolt for a stem is embossed on the gauntlet.u
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Niara,' the woman says, taking the proffered hand and shaking, with a firm grip. 'I'd by lying if I said I weren't jealous of you. Being able to build a device like that...' She gives a soft sigh. 'Did you learn to do that at this academy?'

Niara doesn't seem to notice the emblem, though if she did, it doesn't spark any signs of recognition.

12. - Top - End - #192

'Niara,' the woman says, taking the proffered hand and shaking, with a firm grip. 'I'd by lying if I said I weren't jealous of you. Being able to build a device like that...' She gives a soft sigh. 'Did you learn to do that at this academy?'

Niara doesn't seem to notice the emblem, though if she did, it doesn't spark any signs of recognition.
    Sort of: I didn't go and get a degree in weapon-making, if that's what you mean. I'm a hunteress, and all of us build our own weapons.
    She replies, grinning.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

'And what does being a hunteress entail?' Niara asks, turning fully on her seat and giving Caelynn her full attention. Despite the sharpness to her facial features, there's a young inquisitiveness to it too - not what one might expect from such a suave-looking individual.

14. - Top - End - #194

'And what does being a hunteress entail?' Niara asks, turning fully on her seat and giving Caelynn her full attention. Despite the sharpness to her facial features, there's a young inquisitiveness to it too - not what one might expect from such a suave-looking individual.
    We protect civilization by slaying Grimm, monsters of shadow and destruction! Also occasionally the White Fang and criminals.
    Caelynn replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

'A noble cause indeed,' Niara says, tipping her wine glass in a toasting motion, before taking another drink. 'I'd like to say I offer my own assistance to civilised society, but really I'm just looking to learn more about... well, anything and everything.'

Her drone, meanwhile, has begun to scope out the other patrons of the tavern. Whether it's out of boredom or just because of some innate protocol, who knows.

16. - Top - End - #196

'A noble cause indeed,' Niara says, tipping her wine glass in a toasting motion, before taking another drink. 'I'd like to say I offer my own assistance to civilised society, but really I'm just looking to learn more about... well, anything and everything.'

Her drone, meanwhile, has begun to scope out the other patrons of the tavern. Whether it's out of boredom or just because of some innate protocol, who knows.
    Agreed!
    Caelynn says, doing the same with her drink.
    Hmm... I can tell you some stuff about my homeland if you want.
    Caelynn replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

'By all means, do,' Niara says, 'I'm always interested to hear about new places.'

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    "Lady over there. Popped outta a mirror. Doesn't come off dangerous, though," Garrett tears violently into his bamhacon.

"God you're a fatty."
    I always wondered, what is bamhacon? Is it both dishes on one plate, or is it somehow a combination of both? If it's the first, what kind of ham/bacon? Smoked? Honey-baked? American, European, Canadian? If the second, how would you get the slices to sizzle like bacon? I call magic.
    Spako isn't much better, although he has the excuse that he can't chew with his reptilian snout, which means he has to swallow his food whole, even if he is careful to cut it up with actual utensils.
    "Quiet, you. I don't even know if you have to eat."

19. - Top - End - #199

'By all means, do,' Niara says, 'I'm always interested to hear about new places.'
    Okay!
    Alright, so I come from Vytal, the name for our homeland, which has 4 continents. There are humans and the Faunus, like me. We have animalistic traits such as monkey tails, cat ears like mine, and bull horns. Humans looked at our species as if we were inferior, but since the recent Faunus war, this has changed. However, there's a radical group of Faunus known as the White Fang, who were originally peaceful protesters, but a new leader turned them to violence, causing them to attack shops that didn't serve faunus or used us as cheap laborers. They've recently been stealing a special type of crystal called Dust in large quantities. Dust is a material that has elemental properties: red dust explodes, cyan creates ice, etcetera. They're used in weapons or as power. We also have aura, basically a magic shield, and Semblance, a special unique power. For example, I can teleport.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

The story is digested with some interest, with Niara giving the occasional nod or 'mmhmm'. She makes an odd expression when Caelynn mentions her teleportation powers - her brow furrows, and she looks almost scornful for the slightest of moments.

'Sounds far more interesting than my homeplace.' Niara taps her chin with a finger, pondering. 'In fact, I'm not entirely sure where my homeplace is. I used to think that it was a part of this world, but the more I travel, the more I'm convinced it was its own separate world. Or otherwise, it doesn't exist anymore.' That last part was said in a slightly worried tone, and accompanied with a small frown.

21. - Top - End - #201

The story is digested with some interest, with Niara giving the occasional nod or 'mmhmm'. She makes an odd expression when Caelynn mentions her teleportation powers - her brow furrows, and she looks almost scornful for the slightest of moments.

'Sounds far more interesting than my homeplace.' Niara taps her chin with a finger, pondering. 'In fact, I'm not entirely sure where my homeplace is. I used to think that it was a part of this world, but the more I travel, the more I'm convinced it was its own separate world. Or otherwise, it doesn't exist anymore.' That last part was said in a slightly worried tone, and accompanied with a small frown.
    What's wrong with teleportation?
    Caelynn asks.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Ah, you're an observant one, aren't you?' Niara inwardly curses herself for letting her expression show. 'It's just me being jealous again, my apologies. It's one thing to learn skills, like building weapons, but quite another to just be born with them.'

She takes a longer drink of her wine, finishing her glass. Her pale skin does not do a good job of hiding her reddening cheeks.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

"I certainly shouldn't have to watch you cretins eat."

"These could use some honey rolls," Garrett mumbles between bites.

(Recaiden) He lives!

24. - Top - End - #204

'Ah, you're an observant one, aren't you?' Niara inwardly curses herself for letting her expression show. 'It's just me being jealous again, my apologies. It's one thing to learn skills, like building weapons, but quite another to just be born with them.'

She takes a longer drink of her wine, finishing her glass. Her pale skin does not do a good job of hiding her reddening cheeks.
    Well, everyone with a soul has an aura, and therefore a semblance. I could try to unlock yours...?
    The semblance is a reflection of a person's personality.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, you don't have to. Try flying away, crow. Or just close your eyes. That's the easy way.

And you can get some if you'd like, Garrett. Although I'm sure you were taught as a kid to finish your meal before you ask for sweets."
    Spako teases, back in a good mood.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

At this revelation, Niara visibly brightens.

'Is that so? How would one go about unlocking one's semblance?'

27. - Top - End - #207

At this revelation, Niara visibly brightens.

'Is that so? How would one go about unlocking one's semblance?'
    Comes with the Aura. Anyone with an aura can.

Caelynn replies
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

"How can I eat them with the bamhacon if I have to finish it first," Garrett asks while the crow stutters.

(Recaiden) He lives!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

'...alright,' Niara says, hesitantly, 'would you help me unlock mine, then? I honestly wouldn't know where to begin.'

Her drone has hovered back over to her, like an obedient pet.

30. - Top - End - #210

'...alright,' Niara says, hesitantly, 'would you help me unlock mine, then? I honestly wouldn't know where to begin.'

Her drone has hovered back over to her, like an obedient pet.
    Sure, just stand still.
    Caelynn will get up and put a hand on her chest (not that way!), and starts to glow. Niara will glow as well, and her aura is unlocked!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show