New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 14

Apartment Block

Adele smiles at this, and messages to the Vulture, The more souls my daughters and I corrupt and sacrifice to him, the more powerful our Lord becomes, and the closer he gets to escape. However, most mortals tend to shy away from here...If you can lure them to us, we can take care of the rest.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Bugbear in the Playground

=>[A rather small...Westside Alley]

The Scordatura runs from the apartment building as quickly as she can. The more time passes, the more things happen around her: a stray dog flees in pain, her footsteps leave flaming footprints in the ground, the structural integrity of a nearby building weakens, the air changes color...you know, normal things.

She turns into a rather small alley and leans against the wall. Breathing heavily.

She swings the case from her back around to her front, and opens it. She has to drain this extra magic energy. Quickly. She opens the case, and takes out her viola and its bow. Leaning against the discolored wall, she begins playing softly and letting the excess energy bleed off.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #1443

Apartment Block

There is a drawn out pause before the vulture replies. ...normally we wouldn't accept such a task. Our ability lies in violence alone. But perhaps we can try and see what we can accomplish. However, what do we get in return? It asks.

Eastside: Closed Scene

Obriane nearly jumps as she hears the screams and looks around only to see a fight in progress. Right in the middle of the city, in broad daylight. How could this happen?!
    She didn't recognize the being, but the way it acted suggested an animal level intelligence. An bloodthirsty animal at that. There was no guards in sight so she had to help subdue it before it hurt that woman, not that it looked she needed much help in the first place.

Focusing, she reaches out with her hands and walls of very thickly packed earth will suddenly raise from the ground around the being and form into a tent, sealing the creature inside. This is of course unless it can move past it.

4. - Top - End - #1444

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Apartment Block

There is a drawn out pause before the vulture replies. ...normally we wouldn't accept such a task. Our ability lies in violence alone. But perhaps we can try and see what we can accomplish. However, what do we get in return? It asks.

Obriane nearly jumps as she hears the screams and looks around only to see a fight in progress. Right in the middle of the city, in broad daylight. How could this happen?!
    She didn't recognize the being, but the way it acted suggested an animal level intelligence. An bloodthirsty animal at that. There was no guards in sight so she had to help subdue it before it hurt that woman, not that it looked she needed much help in the first place.

Focusing, she reaches out with her hands and walls of very thickly packed earth will suddenly raise from the ground around the being and form into a tent, sealing the creature inside. This is of course unless it can move past it.
    As the demon charges at Invidia, it is ensnared by the earthen walls, and begins trying to break through, ramming into it and trying to break through.
    Indicia look around, trying to locate the source of the earth creation.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

Arty is actually relieved; if something goes wrong he just as to open his eyes. He hopes a poke or two is all they'll be doing. It'd be really weird to sit with his eyes closed and holding hands while ghosts touch him. But regardless he'll follow the woman's instructions and prepare himself.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #1446

Southside Sticks Chase

Shantelle investigates the construct to tell if it is still "Alive", and if not she darts after Sticks.
    Are you ok sir?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #1447

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The spiders who remained behind keep spinning their cocoon. Those who left seem to be simply scouting, and eventually turn around to return to the starting point.
    [Wildside]

Fade will remain at his hising point for now. He still belives this has something to do with the information he was send out. He draws his weapon, in case one of the returning scouts notice him. From hsi point he also tries to check the shadows. Maybe some light comes into this place and projects a shadow of the spiders. It would be an advantage for his other blade he keeps with himself.

Fade's shadow still follows. when they head back, it will try to get as close to the cocoon as the shadows allow. maybe he can hear something.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

[Wildside]

The spiders return to their original location, where the others had built a large cocoon. It's attached to several trees and made of yellowish, sticky substance that smells horribly. They al crawl onto it and apparently discuss things. Fade will hear something about their King who ordered them to keep an eye on this area, looking for "traitors".
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Apartment Block

Adele nods and thinks to the vulture. If you can scare them into our clutches, make them willing to be converted, then that would be plenty. As for your reward? A position of honor and respect in the new world Galthalagos will create.

10. - Top - End - #1450

Obriane is still focusing on the earth prison she formed around the creature, the material being eldritch in nature needs constant concentration to keep in this world. She had trained on this however, it was a basic technique to subdue angry spirits. She's a dark skinned individual with pitch-black hair, round cheeks and a rather wide nose. At the moment she's wearing a well-worn brown breastplate over a shirt shirt in the same color and a pair of baggy knee-length pants that appears to be made of some kind of leather.

Fourth Tower Compound

"Okay, just take my hands and close your eyes now. Once you can feel their presence you need to call him by name and state your mission, that will hopefully draw him to you. Be careful though, never accept any requests for entering your body, some dead might like to trick and possess you if you'd allow it." Zareen says and if he follows those instructions she starts the incarnations. Basically the cheat codes god left mortals to use before he left the universe. Soon enough Arty will feel soft murmurs around him and how something brushes past him. Almost as if he suddenly was in a busy town square rather than in a dark room.

Apartment Block

A new world. The vulture repeats, dragging every word. We aren't staying here however. There are many other worlds you see, countless of them in fact, so that's not much of a prize even if that indeed would happen. Why don't you instead kill and/or corrupt a few enemies of ours?

11. - Top - End - #1451

[Wildside]

Traitors? Did he got right into a conflict? At least Fade is sure this 'king' they mentioned might be the one mentioned in the contract. He know it is dangerous, but he will remain there for a bit. He hopes to get at least some other location out of the spiders talk to go on. He might not be strong enougth to beat them, but he is sure he can escape. Futhermore he now needs to watch out for others. Those traitors migth be around as well.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Apartment Block

Adele nods and replies, That would be acceptable. Where are these enemies?

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

"Okay, just take my hands and close your eyes now. Once you can feel their presence you need to call him by name and state your mission, that will hopefully draw him to you. Be careful though, never accept any requests for entering your body, some dead might like to trick and possess you if you'd allow it." Zareen says and if he follows those instructions she starts the incantations. Basically the cheat codes god left mortals to use before he left the universe. Soon enough Arty will feel soft murmurs around him and how something brushes past him. Almost as if he suddenly was in a busy town square rather than in a dark room.
    Fourth Tower Compound

Arty squeezes his eyes shut, his tail swishing in concentration. He waits a moment to make sure his discomfort is not his imagination before trying out the instructions.
    "I call upon Bigfang seeking knowledge of Chadwick the Forgotten!" he says, strongly but not very loudly since he's fairly sure he's still indoors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    ((Oh no, Sticks never actually suggested tea, I meant he was going to but ended up not doing so))

Sticks waves her goodbye, a melancholy smile lingering on his mouth. "I do hope so," He replies in a small voice, after she's already gone. The tall man looks after his new friend a little while, giving Jim plenty of time to say something if he so wishes.

((Well, I did say 'if anyone happens to pass by' but I should have been a bit more specific. Yes, it's open to anyone who's interested in a bit of monster chasing. Or Sticks-investigating, for that matter))
    The Toy Tinker

Jim gets up silently and goes back to the desk. "You're too hard on yourself, Sticks. You're a good person." is all he says, quietly.

14. - Top - End - #1454

The demon inexorably keeps up it's assault, until....
    It breaks through, charging at Invidia!
    Invidia, smiling cunningly, snaps her fingers.
    Buddy!
    Suddenly, Buddy, the silhouetted figure with the brilliant smile and eyes that Oribane may recognize, appears, wrapping around the demon and constricting!
    Come on, go have a nice little rest!
    Buddy cheerfully requests it as the demon struggles to escape.
    Malenchar

Macbeth smiles.
    Hello, I'm Macbeth. You wouldnt happen to have any jobs open, would you?
    She asks, her sparkling, amicable smile revealing her sharp fangs.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-04-21 at 03:43 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #1455

Apartment Block

Allow me to share it...

The list is extensive to say at least. It includes all publicly known members of HALO, Watchtower and Remnant.

...they're strong united for taken alone you may be a match for them. Whatever you do with them is up to you. We just want them gone.

Fourth Tower Compound

Arty has learned to use his inside voice!
    In either case, as he speaks the murmurs grow stronger. They're still impossible to hear but more audible now. Then he can feel a hand brush past his arm, thin skeletal fingers touching him for a brief moment before retreating back from wherever it came from. Then more hands join in, seemingly curious about him, an hand trying to squeeze his other arm, another trying to take his hand while whispering something that he can barely make out as tell him... love.

Then a much louder voice announces it's presence. Thank gods, they finally send someone for Bigfang. Though they forget all about me in here. It seems to scare away the other presences, and they abscond from Arty in haste.

Obriane does recognize him! And that woman too, even if she had only seen her once.
    The earth walls around the demon simply disappears once it has break through, Obriane having no reason to maintaining them anymore. Instead she tries another type of tactic. While buddy is holding the creature still she attempts to manifest an ring of tightly packed earth around it's eyes, effectively blinding it. This wouldn't have worked if it just kept on moving but now it might have a chance.

Below Malenchar

"Jobs ma'm?" The guard asks, looking right at her revealed fangs. "What kind of jobs are you looking for?" Another guard comes by and hands him some papers which he accepts without even looking at his fellow guardsman.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Wildside]

Traitors? Did he got right into a conflict? At least Fade is sure this 'king' they mentioned might be the one mentioned in the contract. He know it is dangerous, but he will remain there for a bit. He hopes to get at least some other location out of the spiders talk to go on. He might not be strong enougth to beat them, but he is sure he can escape. Futhermore he now needs to watch out for others. Those traitors migth be around as well.
    The spider-fae discuss their mission for a while more. It seems that for now their orders are to stay in place and wait to see if anyone wants to make them leave. If they're left alone, more of their kind will come to maintain this outpost.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #1457

sigh Re: [Nexus] Riverside 14

Obriane does recognize him! And that woman too, even if she had only seen her once.
    The earth walls around the demon simply disappears once it has break through, Obriane having no reason to maintaining them anymore. Instead she tries another type of tactic. While buddy is holding the creature still she attempts to manifest an ring of tightly packed earth around it's eyes, effectively blinding it. This wouldn't have worked if it just kept on moving but now it might have a chance.
    Oribane succeeds as buddy squeezes and squeezes and squeezes,
    And invidia darts at the demon, slashing her blade and decapitating it, dispelling buddy a second before!
    Below Malenchar

"Jobs ma'm?" The guard asks, looking right at her revealed fangs. "What kind of jobs are you looking for?" Another guard comes by and hands him some papers which he accepts without even looking at his fellow guardsman.
    Macheth shrugs
    Any kind, really.
    She replies, smiling still.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

Arty thanks whatever gods were responsible for giving him experience in medical school. It gave him a very strong resistance to uncomfortable feelings. Working with the sick and dying helps do that. So for now he just swats his tail at the spirits like buzzing flies, out of instinct more than belief it'll do anything.
    Still though, he's very relieved to hear the voice talking in...half-third-person?
    "I don't know who They are, but Chadwick told me to find someone. He was vague, but I'm fairly sure he meant you. Can you tell me what you know about him?"

19. - Top - End - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The spider-fae discuss their mission for a while more. It seems that for now their orders are to stay in place and wait to see if anyone wants to make them leave. If they're left alone, more of their kind will come to maintain this outpost.
    [Wildside]

Fade won't wait for more to come. The last thing he needs is more problems to escape here. So he will sneak out, leaving his shadow behind for a few moments. Then he goes back to MERC.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

Apartment Block

Allow me to share it...

The list is extensive to say at least. It includes all publicly known members of HALO, Watchtower and Remnant.

...they're strong united for taken alone you may be a match for them. Whatever you do with them is up to you. We just want them gone.
    Adele nods, and then her eyes widen slightly at the sheer scope of the list. Well...Once our lord is free, this will be a non-issue. Simply lure mortals to us, and when out lord is free, your foes will be a nonissue.

21. - Top - End - #1461

Apartment Block

How can you guarantee this? We will deliver mortals to you as per agreement but how do we know you will hold your part after you freed your lord? The demons asks. We'd like see some results before that considering we don't know how long time it would take to free him.

Fourth Tower Compound

"Gods of course silly horse person." Bigfang replies. "And of course it meant him." What? "Bigfang is big devotee to all gods. You be too huh?"

Below Malenchar

"Well, do you have any special qualifications or skills? Need to know what you're good at. What have you worked with before?" The guard asks.

Well, Obriane's next action depends on wherever the woman manages to kill the demon or not, she's certainly not going to interfere with that.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Fourth Tower Compound

Arty frowns. "Your pronouns are quite inconsistent. I am a devotee of Chadwick by technicality; it's hard to call yourself such of a god who doesn't believe in himself. Now, the information, please?" This ghost is already getting annoying.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-04-21 at 04:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

As Misaka approaches her destination, she may note that she's in quite a nice area. Riverside generally looks about as shady as it is, but here that fundamental trait is whitewashed by wealth. Trees pf varying kinds somehow grow under the light of the artificial sun where all other plants cannot live. The buildings don't press on either side. In fact, the only buildings she can see are mansions beyond gated courtyards.

Her destination is one such mansion, perhaps smaller than the others in the area, but the owners could hardly be any less wealthy. Is this wear Eliseo lives? The address matches the one he gave her, but he never mentioned it'd be like this. A buzzer on the side of the cast iron gate appears to be the way to get the attention of those inside, though the camera pointed at her might have already drawn their attention. There's only one way to find out.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Below Malenchar

"Well, do you have any special qualifications or skills? Need to know what you're good at. What have you worked with before?" The guard asks.

Well, Obriane's next action depends on wherever the woman manages to kill the demon or not, she's certainly not going to interfere with that.
    Hmm... let's see... a career as an actor for 30 years, a diplomat for 20, an author for 50, and a painter for 25 gained me considerable skill in those subjects!
    Macbeth cheerfully replies, smiling still.

Eastside

The demon is slain

Suncrest Manor

Misaka, rather surprised by the location's appearance, presses the button on the buzzer, easily noticeable by the camera.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Barbarian in the Playground

Westside Community Center

In a part of Westside known for its low-income housing (and not very known at all for that matter), in a building sporting a small gym and bingo hall, a table has been set up in the lobby, a woman sitting with her legs folded and a pile of registration forms and waivers sitting before her next to a small, neatly arranged pile of pens. Shayan has decided that some live recruitment is in order, and has had bulletins posted for the past few days advertising paid medical trials that will soon be taking place. She's hoping for some volunteers from among those looking to make some quick and easy cash by putting their bodies on the line in the name of pseudo-science.

The fliers and the waivers both mention that the clinical trials will take place in a lab, and that patients need to be prepared to undergo slight surgery, under-skin implantation, and testing with substances derived from genetically modified plants, and that any allergies to such things should be mentioned on the registration forms, but otherwise no existing conditions should disqualify potential applicants.

((Not progressing this plot much tonight, but I will deal with anyone who wants to join in once I have the time, starting with Firedaemon who asked for it in the first place.))
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2014-04-21 at 07:40 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside Community Center]

Elaine wanders up to the desk, having seen the bulletins and deciding that it was worth the risk for a quick cash infusion...Not the wisest idea in the Nexus, but, what can you do?

When she reaches the desk, she grabs a form and says to the woman there while she fills it out, "So...What exactly is this going to entail, exactly?"

((Changing to a slightly less eyeblasting color.))

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Westside Community Center]

Elaine wanders up to the desk, having seen the bulletins and deciding that it was worth the risk for a quick cash infusion...Not the wisest idea in the Nexus, but, what can you do?

When she reaches the desk, she grabs a form and says to the woman there while she fills it out, "So...What exactly is this going to entail, exactly?"

((Changing to a slightly less eyeblasting color.))

Shayan, pictured here, is wearing a white labcoat over a deep purple turtleneck and a pencil skirt at the moment, "I'm testing new, plant-based medicines from my laboratory/greenhouse. I've had quite a lot of success with them in the past, but these particular strains will be different to my original formulas. The treatments are implantation based, and work with your biology to release their effects over a long period of time, possibly treating someone for months with a single procedure. Since the new strains are untested, what we're mainly testing for here are the side-effects of the process. They won't be loaded with their medical payload for these trials, since there should be nothing that needs such radical methods to cure among those who can come in here voluntarily for testing."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #1468

Community Center

a person approaches Shayan!
    A woman, slightly tall with an extremely muscular physique, rather attractive figure, tanned Caucasian skin, brilliant ice blue eyes, and a rather attractive appearance, her brown hair tied in a waist-length ponytail, and she wears a purple hoodie under a tan jacket with a shield emblem bearing wings upon it on the back, arms, and over her heart, while leggings, and high brown boots (AKA my current Avatar), walks up to the desk.
    Hello, what exactly is this experiment going to be, and would you be willing to aid me in decoding the workings of an odd trait I have instead of paying me?
    Sophia questioned.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Shayan, pictured here, is wearing a white labcoat over a deep purple turtleneck and a pencil skirt at the moment, "I'm testing new, plant-based medicines from my laboratory/greenhouse. I've had quite a lot of success with them in the past, but these particular strains will be different to my original formulas. The treatments are implantation based, and work with your biology to release their effects over a long period of time, possibly treating someone for months with a single procedure. Since the new strains are untested, what we're mainly testing for here are the side-effects of the process. They won't be loaded with their medical payload for these trials, since there should be nothing that needs such radical methods to cure among those who can come in here voluntarily for testing."
    Elaine, wearing a simple blue t-shirt and a black, slightly tattered, skirt, thinks about this and says, "Uh-huh. And...The side-effect will be...Manageable, right? I mean, I won't become a vampire or something like that, right?" She's a little nervous, and rightly so, but she really needs the money.

30. - Top - End - #1470

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Community Center

a person approaches Shayan!
    A woman, slightly tall with an extremely muscular physique, rather attractive figure, tanned Caucasian skin, brilliant ice blue eyes, and a rather attractive appearance, her brown hair tied in a waist-length ponytail, and she wears a purple hoodie under a tan jacket with a shield emblem bearing wings upon it on the back, arms, and over her heart, while leggings, and high brown boots (AKA my current Avatar), walks up to the desk.
    Hello, what exactly is this experiment going to be, and would you be willing to aid me in decoding the workings of an odd trait I have instead of paying me?
    Sophia questioned.
    Community Center

"My area of expertise is in plant crossbreeding and manipulation, with a minor sideline in medicine, so unless the trait you refer to is plant-based in origin, I will likely be of little help. You should probably take it up with the hospital, if you have the money to spare for a full physical." Not that Shayan has any faith in the hospital to diagnose something esoteric or complex, but she's even less likely to have the equipment or knowledge needed to shed some light on it than they would be.

((This take place in a different timeline than the scene with Elaine))

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Elaine, wearing a simple blue t-shirt and a black, slightly tattered, skirt, thinks about this and says, "Uh-huh. And...The side-effect will be...Manageable, right? I mean, I won't become a vampire or something like that, right?" She's a little nervous, and rightly so, but she really needs the money.
    Community Center

"There is no vampirically or lycanthropically contaminated blood in my materials for this test, though depending on what you meant by something like that, all I can say is that the effects are intended to be benign and helpful, and either temporary or potentially reversible depending on how things happen." Shayan's voice maintains a steady monotone, but a slightly empathic and almost comforting one as a faint, pleasant scent wafts up from where she sits.

It should be noted that her vines, which extend outwards from her shoulder blades, are currently wrapped around her torso and hidden by the bulky turtleneck.