Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 14

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Did that work for the Tieflings?
    Talos points out.

Eyrecrad Estate

The man looks confused, then looks at his robot friend who shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean."

((I have no idea what your char wants to say with that.))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #182

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

Eyrecrad Estate

The man looks confused, then looks at his robot friend who shakes his head.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know what you mean."

((I have no idea what your char wants to say with that.))
    What I mean is, did any Tieflings who pray to Pelor stop producing offspring tainted by devil blood?
    Talos replies.
    ((Basically, he's saying "has that ever worked?"))
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #183

Eyrecrad Estate

The man shrugs.

"I don't know about this Tieflings or do I know Pelor. Where I'm from it has worked. Clearly not their whole kind was changed since some enjoy their appereance and abilities, but thoose who didn't got chnaged."

Don't forget not everyone knows what you know and without futher informations from you I couldn't really know about the tiefling thing.

4. - Top - End - #184

Eyrecrad Estate

The man shrugs.

"I don't know about this Tieflings or do I know Pelor. Where I'm from it has worked. Clearly not their whole kind was changed since some enjoy their appereance and abilities, but thoose who didn't got chnaged."

Don't forget not everyone knows what you know and without futher informations from you I couldn't really know about the tiefling thing.
    I honestly have no idea.
    Well, since my attempt at an example failed, what I mean is that it's harder to change something like that than simply praying to a god.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #185

Eyrecrad Estate

"Yes. That's right, but a god might not ask you things unreacable for you. As ai mentioned before thats only what I knew of. I never experienced it myself."

6. - Top - End - #186

Eyrecrad Estate

"Yes. That's right, but a god might not ask you things unreacable for you. As ai mentioned before thats only what I knew of. I never experienced it myself."
    Fair point. I will have to look into it.
    Talos replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Evolution Industries Riverside Branch Headquarters]

DC turns back, with a rather unpleasant look on his face. "All I expect is that my people and interests will be protected to the fullest extent of the law instead of having guns pointed at them for the audacity of being attacked. By someone who, I might add, already participated in an attack on this city. I don't understand why he gets so much favoritism, but I guess I'll just have to kill him anyway," he rants, his voice dripping with anger and venom.

"I won't be part of anything with him in it. He's gone too far, he expects everyone to act like he's this untouchable saint who can do no wrong while simultaneously trying to kill them. I'm not gonna play his game, and right now, I'm having an awfully hard time imagining why the **** I shouldn't get his genetics and kill all of him."
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Evolution Industries

"I hate you both," Sunny snarls, with tears running down her face. She'll continue to shut down the building and all the fire power therein. It's possible Tenebras might have questions for her when it's all done. If not, she won't stick around.
    [Evolution Industries Riverside Branch Headquarters]

"I don't give two s**** about Magtok, let alone am I favouring him. If there was any reason there were guns pointed at you as well as him, just look at yourself to figure out why. You're practically manic." Tumasi says, just a tad scornfully. "If there's one reason you shouldn't try to murder the bastard, it's because of how much bloodshed your little war is going to cause. The Enforcers are going to do one thing and one thing only, and that's run damage control on this mess you're so intent on pursuing."

Sunny won't be held by anyone here. The Enforcers see no reason to that would benefit them much.

8. - Top - End - #188

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Demon Hunting

Talaitha nods. "Let's hope we get there soon then." She admits before turning her head to watch as the scenery goes by outside the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Club Pulse]

Lorenzo shrugs his shoulders. "Ichor liquor, yeah. It takes alright, but I don't really drink it for the taste." He gives them a toothy smile. Pointy, too. "The main ingredient suits my tastes, you could say."

Bello isn't paying his friend much mind. Or the other three women, honestly. He seems to have latched on to Dena. "Hm, that's a good question. I think I prefer to play it cool. At first at least." He smiles lecherously.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Malchenar Castle

Under normal circumstances, Jim would be a little wary of this whole thing, but it's really just a tempting offer. I mean, he really ought to stop being so paranoid about all of this. There's been nothing to indicate that the Lord and Lady have been anything but sincere in their offers. Plus, as his faun subconscious reminds him, he never treats himself to anything. He's not fat anymore, and while he's here he might as well enjoy the benefits. Well, some at least. There are some clear limits he has, of course.
    "That sounds nice, Bellamon. I can't eat meat, by the way. I suppose that's important to mention." he says, only then remembering that they couldn't have possibly heard him when he mentioned it earlier.
    He considers the woman's suggestion. He flinches slightly at hands on his neck, but it's really just a reflex.
    "Sure, I suppose. I've never had something like that done before."
    Jim, for obvious reasons, has never been anywhere fancy enough to have a masseuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Stuffing the last of whatever's within reach into his pockets, the Cat Burglar slinks back to the door to watch through the keyhole. Can't be good news. Too many feet for just a vet. As a precautionary measure he re-locks the door, carefully letting the pins ease back into place with as little noise as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "No apologies necessary! His condition isn't terribly relevant, I was merely curious," Sticks rushes to explain, voice fluttering as he holds up his hands. That stare was giving him the creeps. He smiles crookedly and continues, "It is I who should apologize. It was not my place to ask. Please, lead the way." He holds out his hand in the direction they'd been travelling.

[Club Pulse]

"Y'see, Cass? Do I know how to pick em' or what?" Tina says with a grin, like it was all her and not Caelynn. Then her bottle arrives. She pours a glass, but not for herself. The neon-eyed girl shoves it at the drow, arm outstretched, silver bracelets dangling from her wrist. "C'mon, if we don't all get plastered what fun is it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Demon Hunting]

Competence is a good thing, in general. It leads to things getting done, quickly, with high quality. It's a state difficult to achieve for some, but being good at things is always in demand in the world. It's the definer of what can be done, and what cannot, the difference between easy and impossible. Without competence, the world would have ground to a halt long ago.

Unfortunately, what happens next may make Obriane question just how competent her mark is.

The apartment building she's on the approach to has an explosion on the second floor, which eerily only pours green out of the windows of that one apartment. Screaming can be heard from within, but the figure of a red robed tiefling flies out through the window, obviously being carried by the explosion, and with the deftness of a cat the robed figure manages to land on his feet on the lawn just outside.

He calmly reaches into a pocket of his robe and dials a few numbers, "Hello? Yes. Riverside. I'm aware this is the second time this month, it'll only last until- right, fine, sorry, it won't happen again. Thank you."

the green fire inside the tiefling's home continues to roar angrily. Actual roaring can be heard within. Sora just frowns as he places the cellphone back in his pocket.

[Demon Hunting]

Obriane just steps out of Talaitha's carriage as the explosion rocks her ears. Her first instinct is to cover her head and duck, what in the void was going on?!

She then slowly turns to look at the tiefling who seemed completely calm about all this. Hadn't he leaped out the window a moment ago?! It was all as if taken from some kind of dream. She can only stare in shock at Sora and the building while still covering her head with her hands.

[Club Pulse]

Dena accepts the flask and takes a small sip and blinks. That sure was stronger than her usual stuff. "You got a implant to handle this stuff?" She briefly asks Tina before turning back to her vampire partner. "She likes to go crazy, beware of her." She gestures in the neon-eyed lady's direction. "She'd suck you dry."

[The Heist!]

The burglar can't see much through the keyhole besides there are a group of people (hard to say how many) passing by it. Someone mutters something as he can hear a door being opened.

If the burglar intend to wait until they're gone he might have to wait quite a while as he can hear movements of people coming and going to what most likely is the room he just were in. No one seems to have checked this room so far though. From what he can tell they have called upon the owners of the room and they think it's one of the other noble families who done it.

[Malechenar Castle]

"Really? No wonder you're so stiff then." Ishani says mirthfully as she starts out gently by bending her hands over the top of his shoulders and pressing her thumbs into his back. Then she starts to move her thumbs in a circular motion and applies gentle pressure. "So tell us about yourself Jim, how can we brighten your day?"

[Malechenar Laboratory]

Celestel nods. "Just be aware that he is not a human if that's what you were expecting." She then continues down the corridor with her little lantern.

Eventually Celestel stop before a large red door which opens just as she stops by none other that Ryhe himself, as if he knew they were outside. "Ah excellent. I bid you welcome to my humble abode mister Sticks. I hope everything have been to your enjoyment so far?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Halfling in the Playground

[Malechenar Laboratory]

"Ah, oh," Sticks says, shortly before he realizes he should be walking and hurries after her, lest he be alone in the dark. Well, the fellow was a bit large to be human, he supposed. He hopes the term 'condition' hasn't offended lady Celestel. In any case, his worry grows. He's never met a shadarath, let alone heard of one!

Sticks jumps a bit as Ryhe opens the door in... such a timely manner, perhaps having heard their footsteps down the hall. Yes, that was it. No, it wasn't. Your wizard's mind knows better than that. "Lord Ryhe! Why, er, yes! How could I not be? Lady Celestel's shown me the wonders of your domain, and the room I'll have within it. I'm flattered, my lord."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Ah. You're probably correct anyways. It just feels a bit... disconcerting to be, in a way, separated from the rest of the Nexus.
    "Given everything, you might well be better off," Rebecca observes with a chuckle.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "Given everything, you might well be better off," Rebecca observes with a chuckle.
    Let's hope that is the case.
    Invidia replies
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Demon Hunting

Talaitha blinks at the scene, fairly stunned by what happened and incapable of doing anything other than blinking a lot, shaking her head and looking at Obraine before finally being able to speak. "I thought we were meeting someone who could help us rather than blow up the hospital."

Lotus Temple - Dalachrechian Assassins

There are no metal detectors though there are a good deal of psykers running around. They aren't actively scanning the visitors though so they have nothing to worry about.

Jezebel gestures at the guards near the door and after a moment the door is shut. "If you'd like, you can remove your cloaks. Your identities will not be revealed. You have my word."

Lotus Temple - Later

"Then we have a few choices. We can exorcise the spirit, you can allow it to possess you, you can continue trying to keep control over it, or you can work out a balance with it. It is up to you."

Lotus Gardens

The visitor will have her pick of the area's guards who are marked by wearing a full white face mask or one of the Temple's many psykers who carry white force staffs.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Hunting]

Sora turns to look at those watching, "Oh, hello. Don't worry, just an experiment gone awry. It's contained to my apartment by several layers of wards." He seems cheerful, not disturbed at all.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

14. - Top - End - #194

Demon Hunting

Talaitha blinks at the scene, fairly stunned by what happened and incapable of doing anything other than blinking a lot, shaking her head and looking at Obraine before finally being able to speak. "I thought we were meeting someone who could help us rather than blow up the hospital."

Lotus Temple - Dalachrechian Assassins

There are no metal detectors though there are a good deal of psykers running around. They aren't actively scanning the visitors though so they have nothing to worry about.

Jezebel gestures at the guards near the door and after a moment the door is shut. "If you'd like, you can remove your cloaks. Your identities will not be revealed. You have my word."

Lotus Temple - Later

"Then we have a few choices. We can exorcise the spirit, you can allow it to possess you, you can continue trying to keep control over it, or you can work out a balance with it. It is up to you."

Lotus Gardens

The visitor will have her pick of the area's guards who are marked by wearing a full white face mask or one of the Temple's many psykers who carry white force staffs.
    Lotus Temple - later

I'd like it to be exorcised.
    Invidia replies.

Lotus Gardens
    What exactly is this place?
    Tyra asks a guard.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #195

Demon Hunting

Obriane slowly removes her hands from her head, looking cautiously at Sora. Was he one of those absentminded mages her master had always complained about? "So no one is hurt?" She asks as she once again glances at the green flames. "Since uh, we were looking for someone who could help us to deal with a demon."

[Malechenar Laboratory]

"Excellent. Everything is in order then. I hope your apprentice is enjoying himself while he can, there is going to be a lot of work." Ryhe gestures for Sticks to enter. "Celestel, make sure no one disturbs us when we work unless it's really important. Harold can deal with the everyday business today."

"Of course my lord. I shall do as you say." Celestel curtsies before them and then turns around and leaves. Taking with her the only source of light within the darkness.

Inside is what easily could be described as a dungeon with a number of work benches covering much of three free space. The work benches them-self are covered in crystals cut in various ways and the tools used to cut them with. Another bench have what looks like the prototype of a small flying construct.

A third bench have some sort of container on it which smells very much like tar. From the ceiling chains holding yet another construct is hanging and the walls are covered in tools and implements which uses aren't exactly obvious.

"So I explained my idea to you, what are you yourself thinking? What shape would be optimal?" Ryhe asks once he closed the door behind them.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Club Pulse]

"Y'see, Cass? Do I know how to pick em' or what?" Tina says with a grin, like it was all her and not Caelynn. Then her bottle arrives. She pours a glass, but not for herself. The neon-eyed girl shoves it at the drow, arm outstretched, silver bracelets dangling from her wrist. "C'mon, if we don't all get plastered what fun is it?"
    Exactly!
    So, Lorenzo, what about you? Do you go wild or play it cool?

Caelynn asks as her drink arrives as well, which she sips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Club Pulse

Cassidy raises her glass to Tina in a mock toast. Really, these guys weren't nearly ugly enough to be vampires, but she may as well play into the whole thing, the night was looking too good not to. "You sure do, Tina," she says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Club Pulse]

Dena accepts the flask and takes a small sip and blinks. That sure was stronger than her usual stuff. "You got a implant to handle this stuff?" She briefly asks Tina before turning back to her vampire partner. "She likes to go crazy, beware of her." She gestures in the neon-eyed lady's direction. "She'd suck you dry."
    [Club Pulse]

Bello raises an eyebrow at Dena. "She would, huh? I don't think Lorenzo would mind." He smirks a little and glances at his friend. "And how about you? Should I be worried about you?"

Lorenzo, meanwhile, shrugs at Caelynn. "Depends on what mood strikes me. As for tonight, we can find out on the dance floor after this round." He refocuses his attention on Fettina. "What do you say?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Malechenar Castle]

"Really? No wonder you're so stiff then." Ishani says mirthfully as she starts out gently by bending her hands over the top of his shoulders and pressing her thumbs into his back. Then she starts to move her thumbs in a circular motion and applies gentle pressure. "So tell us about yourself Jim, how can we brighten your day?"
    [Malechenar Castle]

"I'll send for the platter right away." Bellamon gives a small bow and heads toward the door. He steps outside for a moment to speak to another servant, leaving Jim to enjoy his massage for a short bit.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Demon Hunting

"If that is contained, then I don't look forward to how this plan is going to go." Talaitha says mostly to herself before sighing. "But I suppose we have no choice."

Lotus Garden

Tyra finds a pair of guards on a street corner. Both are dressed in black slacks, white shirts, and the masks. Because of themasks though it is hard to tell what gender they are simply because their slender frames could be either. The first, armed with a lasgun looks like he/she is about to talk when the second, armed with a pistol and sword, holds up a hand to prevent it. "Why do you ask? Are you seeking refuge or something else?" The guard asks, the voice betraying the guard as a woman.

Lotus Temple - Later

"Then I think we can take care of that now if you wish. I just need you to let down your mental guard and to allow me free reign for a moment."
    Jezebel tells Invidia with a small if somewhat reassuring smile.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Hunting]

"It's less dangerous than it looks, I promise. All bark and no bite." He doesn't seem disturbed if they look at him skeptically though, "Now, you say you have something I can help with?"

19. - Top - End - #199

Demon Hunting

"If that is contained, then I don't look forward to how this plan is going to go." Talaitha says mostly to herself before sighing. "But I suppose we have no choice."

Lotus Garden

Tyra finds a pair of guards on a street corner. Both are dressed in black slacks, white shirts, and the masks. Because of themasks though it is hard to tell what gender they are simply because their slender frames could be either. The first, armed with a lasgun looks like he/she is about to talk when the second, armed with a pistol and sword, holds up a hand to prevent it. "Why do you ask? Are you seeking refuge or something else?" The guard asks, the voice betraying the guard as a woman.

Lotus Temple - Later

"Then I think we can take care of that now if you wish. I just need you to let down your mental guard and to allow me free reign for a moment."
    Jezebel tells Invidia with a small if somewhat reassuring smile.
    I'm interested in what this organization's goals are.
    She asks.

Lotus Temple Later

Invidia does so.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #200

[Demon Hunting]

"Yes. A demon right here in Eastside." Obriane clarifies. "You were said to be somewhat of an expert." Better not to be rude to the crazy person that might be able to help them.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Malchenar Castle

Jim sighs a little. That feels nice.
    "About me? Well, I wasn't born into this shape. It's the only one I have now, but I admit I'm still getting used to how it works and the different instincts. I have a girlfriend in Inside who might be pretty jealous if she knew I was anywhere this high-class, even if I am going to be working most of the time. Honestly, though, I don't think you'll need to do much else. I'm sure Sticks will be calling me to help him with Lord Rhye's request any minute.
    Oh, and the little one is Barnabas. He isn't alive, so he doesn't need anything."

Jim isn't sure why he said that first part. He's just felt chatty recently.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Hunting]

"Something of one," Sora says, "Less formal teaching and more practical experience. What kind of demon are we dealing with?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Demon Hunting

"A demon of fear with the ability to enthrall people."
    Talaitha says with obvious distaste to such. "It also seems to have a great range of control."

Lotus Temple - Later

As soon as Invidia says that her guard is down, Jezebel tries to sweep her close, pick her up and then kiss her hard. If she succeeds, the drow will feel a strong presence try to force her way into her mind. It won't hurt as Jezebel is careful in that respect, but she'll feel the Daemon-Queen attempting to hunt down any aspect of the demon possessing the Drow in order to destroy it with her own great measure of power.

Lotus Gardens

"It's goals are to provide safety, refuge, and a means of life for anyone who desires it without fear of prosecution for beliefs or previous actions." The female guard says. "If you choose to live here, you're given a clean slate as long as you accept that everyone else here has one as well."

24. - Top - End - #204

Demon Hunting

"A demon of fear with the ability to enthrall people."
    Talaitha says with obvious distaste to such. "It also seems to have a great range of control."

Lotus Temple - Later

As soon as Invidia says that her guard is down, Jezebel tries to sweep her close, pick her up and then kiss her hard. If she succeeds, the drow will feel a strong presence try to force her way into her mind. It won't hurt as Jezebel is careful in that respect, but she'll feel the Daemon-Queen attempting to hunt down any aspect of the demon possessing the Drow in order to destroy it with her own great measure of power.

Lotus Gardens

"It's goals are to provide safety, refuge, and a means of life for anyone who desires it without fear of prosecution for beliefs or previous actions." The female guard says. "If you choose to live here, you're given a clean slate as long as you accept that everyone else here has one as well."
    Lotus Temple
    Invidia is initially surprised at the action, but doesn't resist.
    There's a red spirit clung to her soul, trying to devour it.

Lotus Gardens
    Ah. Interesting...
    Without further ado, Tyra walks away.
    ((she's trying to learn about all the factions))
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-01-18 at 02:50 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Demon Hunting

"Can you tell me what it looks like? I can provide enchantments that briefly provide immunity to... mental tampering, but if I have a description and a power level, I can work out most of what I'll need." Sora says, rubbing his chin. enthralling people is normally a thing succubi do. He has to wonder exactly how powerful this entity is...

26. - Top - End - #206

Demon Hunting

"Uh, we haven't actually seen it. It's holding out in this abandoned hospital and uses spirits of the dead to do it's bidding. It seems awfully powerful though, way beyond my ability." Obriane explains.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Hunting]

"Chances are it's not that powerful, and simply had time to consolidate a power base, though that's hoping for a best case scenario. We'll be going in under the assumption that it's at once powerful and has had the opportunity to fortify it's position and entrench, so I should be able to provide sufficient magical backing to help all three of us move in... provided a small fee?" He doesn't expect to get much, but at least something for risking his life would be nice, "Or are you just going to let me have a pick of whatever treasures the demon has collected?"

28. - Top - End - #208

[Demon Hunting]

"Demons collect- um, yeah, that second option." She quickly replies. "...if that's okay with you. I know some eldritch tricks but I can't really counter spirits with them unless they take physical form so wards would be good." She nods eagerly.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Temple

As soon as Jezebel pinpoints the demon, she sends lance after lance of pure Belief and psychic energy at it, attempting to force it off or tear it apart if it refuses to leave.

Demon Hunting

"I am not in this for pay, so you can take whatever share I would have."
    The Romani tells the pair. "And I can take care of the spirits. It will be the demon that will be difficult."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Hunting]

"I'm capable of handling the demon, but not if I have a horde of angry spirits after me. As long as we can all stay on task, we should be able to handle this without too much fanfare. So, shall we go?" Sora indicates the care behind them, wondering if they'd like to leave immediately. Of course, his apartment still looks like it's on fire, but he's just so calm.