New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 14

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Lotus Temple

As soon as Jezebel pinpoints the demon, she sends lance after lance of pure Belief and psychic energy at it, attempting to force it off or tear it apart if it refuses to leave.

Demon Hunting

"I am not in this for pay, so you can take whatever share I would have."
    The Romani tells the pair. "And I can take care of the spirits. It will be the demon that will be difficult."
    It is torn apart by the lance.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Temple

Once the demon is gone, Jezebel pulls out of Invidia's mind and soul but doesn't stop the kiss for a long while, seeming to enjoy the moment quite a bit despite having had one with Tajir just minutes before. She's just that kind of daemon it seems. Invidia will have to be the one to break away most likely, even if it's just for the necessity of breathing.

3. - Top - End - #213

Lotus Temple

Once the demon is gone, Jezebel pulls out of Invidia's mind and soul but doesn't stop the kiss for a long while, seeming to enjoy the moment quite a bit despite having had one with Tajir just minutes before. She's just that kind of daemon it seems. Invidia will have to be the one to break away most likely, even if it's just for the necessity of breathing.
    Invidia ends the kiss a while after to breathe.
    Jezebelle will notice Invidia's irises are now cyan-colored instead of red.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-01-18 at 04:59 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Temple

It's Jezebel, not Jezebelle. Two entirely different PCs.

Jezebel smiles at the Drow and sets her back down. "You're very welcome. Is there anything else you need help with?" She asks, straightening her attire slightly and tucking her wings behind herself.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2014-01-18 at 05:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215

Demon Hunting

"I am not in this for pay, so you can take whatever share I would have."
    The Romani tells the pair. "And I can take care of the spirits. It will be the demon that will be difficult."
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Demon Hunting]

"I'm capable of handling the demon, but not if I have a horde of angry spirits after me. As long as we can all stay on task, we should be able to handle this without too much fanfare. So, shall we go?" Sora indicates the care behind them, wondering if they'd like to leave immediately. Of course, his apartment still looks like it's on fire, but he's just so calm.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Malchenar Castle

Jim sighs a little. That feels nice.
    "About me? Well, I wasn't born into this shape. It's the only one I have now, but I admit I'm still getting used to how it works and the different instincts. I have a girlfriend in Inside who might be pretty jealous if she knew I was anywhere this high-class, even if I am going to be working most of the time. Honestly, though, I don't think you'll need to do much else. I'm sure Sticks will be calling me to help him with Lord Rhye's request any minute.
    Oh, and the little one is Barnabas. He isn't alive, so he doesn't need anything."

Jim isn't sure why he said that first part. He's just felt chatty recently.
    Malchenar Castle

"A girlfriend? Well, you could take her here if you want to. Give her a little tour." Ishani smiles as she continues to massage Jim. "Mind if I ask about her? Relationships always make me so curious."

Demon Hunting

"Ah, alright." Obriane smiles awkwardly. Just like that huh? "Let's go then." He glance slowly shifts to the apartment. "I guess... the fire just... disappears?" She questions. This was all very weird.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-01-18 at 05:25 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216

Lotus Temple

It's Jezebel, not Jezebelle. Two entirely different PCs.

Jezebel smiles at the Drow and sets her back down. "You're very welcome. Is there anything else you need help with?" She asks, straightening her attire slightly and tucking her wings behind herself.
    Invidia shakes her head.
    No.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Malchenar Castle

Jim pauses. He doesn't know if it'd be a good idea. Mostly because Dorota seems pretty responsible and taking her to the weird vampire castle with a guy who Syela probably didn't describe much besides how that "incident" happened doesn't seem like a good idea on paper. Or at all, really.
    "I don't know. She grew up with her mom and lives with a shopkeeper as an apprentice. Seems to enjoy it. I met her when I could still shapeshift, but she doesn't mind that I'm stuck like this now. I don't think she's one to care much about my appearance. Mostly human with a little heritage from her father. Slim, pretty, a bit...curvy for her age. Definitely knows that. She's just a bit younger than me, but it really won't be a problem as long as I don't live up to any racial stereotypes."
    Jim doesn't see any harm in chatting with Ishani. What's she going to do, gossip to the servants that the toymaker's apprentice is dating a minor? Well, he would if he actually gave any details but he purposely keeps it pretty vague. Inside is a big place. Plenty of curvy young half-breeds working retail.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

Lotus Temple- Dalachrechian Assassins

The first figure to remove their cloak is the woman; she's about twenty, with brown hair cut to just past her ears and large brown eyes. Beneath the cloak she's wearing a pair of flared jeans, a yellow t-shirt with the Kew Gardens brand symbol on it and trainers. She is also wearing three bronze rings on each hand and bronze bracers delicately engraved with unicorns.

The next is a man, wearing a posh navy business suit and a red fez. He has two gold rings on each finger, a gold earring in his left ear and a gold chain about his neck. His hair is brown, his eyes green and he's about twenty two; he also doesn't look very well.

The third figure is a muscular man about twenty five. He's got black hair and brown eyes, and he's wearing a simple white vest and a pair of blue shorts. He's wearing five tin studs- two in each ear and one in his nose. He also has tin bracers on his arms.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Heist!]

The burglar can't see much through the keyhole besides there are a group of people (hard to say how many) passing by it. Someone mutters something as he can hear a door being opened.

If the burglar intend to wait until they're gone he might have to wait quite a while as he can hear movements of people coming and going to what most likely is the room he just were in. No one seems to have checked this room so far though. From what he can tell they have called upon the owners of the room and they think it's one of the other noble families who done it.
    The Burglar frowns, mentally kicking himself for not holing up farther away. Sooner or later accusations will turn into an investigation and there's no way that'll turn out well if he sticks around here.

So, he starts looking for a way out. A fortunately placed airduct or a laundry chute or, if it comes down to it, even a window.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Demon Hunting

"Your chariot awaits." Talaitha says with a wry smile, gesturing towards the driverless carriage drawn by Nightmares.

Lotus Temple - Dalachrechian Assassins

The Daemon-Queen gives a small bow towards the three. "I am glad that you have been able to make it. Is there anything you wish to tell me about yourselves?"

Lotus Temple - Later

"Then you may head back to the others and wait till further instruction."
    She tells Invidia, merging the timeline with the one when they can go to their rooms.

Lotus Temple - April's Room

A couple hours after she settles in, the girl will get a knock on the door.

11. - Top - End - #221

Lotus Temple

Invidia nods and leaves.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Lotus Temple- Dalachrechian Assassins

"We're Twinborn, Milady. Different types. Means we can store something- health, alertness, one of the five senses- in a certain metal and retrieve it later, and also metabolise another metal for a different effect. I burn steel to do this." The speaker is the ill-looking man. He is storing his health in his gold jewellery so he can heal quicker later, and he drops a coin on the ground, stands over it and Pushes down on it, rising into the air about half a metre before he drops down again. "Not the only use of my power, but easy to demonstrate."

Also, as I forgot before, the muscular man is wearing a pair of spectacles at the moment as he stores sight for later use.

Lotus Temple- April's Room

April opens the door. "Yes?" She's wearing a yellow t-shirt and jeans at the moment, as I don't know what makes a dress 'tasteful'.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2014-01-19 at 05:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Temple - Assassins

The Daemon nods. "What combat skills do you possess? And the first thing we're going to do after this is change your appearance to something that doesn't stand out so much."

Outside her door is a dark tan shirtless man wearing just a pair of black pants, even going without shoes. His hair goes down to his shoulders in black waves and he has a charming smile at the moment. He's clearly athletic but not overly muscle-bound, looking more like a swimmer or marathon runner in form than a weight lifter. When April opens the door he gives a moderately deep bow. "My name is Juan. I was sent by my Mistress to see if everything is to your liking so far." He admits, his voice as graceful as his movements.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Lotus Temple- Assassins

"I'm not combat. I'm here to be a spy, primarily. My abilities aren't combat-oriented." Her bronze metalminds store wakefulness, enabling her to stay awake for long periods when tapped, and her brass allomancy lets her alter somebody's emotions.

"I'm a Pewterarm, Milady. I can boost my strength, speed and stamina, and have trained as a wrestler, boxer, and with duelling canes." He also has good aim, as his tin feruchemy means he can tap the sight he's got stored up to see further away.

The ill-looking man in a suit takes another coin from his money bag and throws it in front of him, Pushing it so it speeds towards a wall like a bullet. "I'm sick because I'm storing health, Milady. If I'm injured, I can draw on my stored health to heal myself."

"Oh, yes, everything's fine! It's much better than I'm used to." April nods and smiles, her eyes glancing up and down Juan a couple of times before she anchors them onto his face.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2014-01-19 at 06:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Halfling in the Playground

[Malchenar Laboratory]

Sticks takes a moment to give Celestel another courteous bow before Ryhe shoos him inside. He's got to maintain his manners after all, rusty as they are.

"Optimal. Interesting word, my lord. I had been concerning myself more with the aesthetic purpose of the thing. You want to imagine an original shape and form, well, the mind gives you nothing but bits of animals you already know. Things familiar. To channel originality like that... it's like touching the mind of a god."

[Club Pulse]

"What, can't handle it? Sorry, Dena, nothing in here but a regular human liver," Tina says, leaning on the bar and sipping her glass. She smiles at Lorenzo's idea. "Yeah, lets dance!"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-01-19 at 11:02 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Malchenar Castle

Jim pauses. He doesn't know if it'd be a good idea. Mostly because Dorota seems pretty responsible and taking her to the weird vampire castle with a guy who Syela probably didn't describe much besides how that "incident" happened doesn't seem like a good idea on paper. Or at all, really.
    "I don't know. She grew up with her mom and lives with a shopkeeper as an apprentice. Seems to enjoy it. I met her when I could still shapeshift, but she doesn't mind that I'm stuck like this now. I don't think she's one to care much about my appearance. Mostly human with a little heritage from her father. Slim, pretty, a bit...curvy for her age. Definitely knows that. She's just a bit younger than me, but it really won't be a problem as long as I don't live up to any racial stereotypes."
    Jim doesn't see any harm in chatting with Ishani. What's she going to do, gossip to the servants that the toymaker's apprentice is dating a minor? Well, he would if he actually gave any details but he purposely keeps it pretty vague. Inside is a big place. Plenty of curvy young half-breeds working retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The Burglar frowns, mentally kicking himself for not holing up farther away. Sooner or later accusations will turn into an investigation and there's no way that'll turn out well if he sticks around here.

So, he starts looking for a way out. A fortunately placed airduct or a laundry chute or, if it comes down to it, even a window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Malchenar Laboratory]

Sticks takes a moment to give Celestel another courteous bow before Ryhe shoos him inside. He's got to maintain his manners after all, rusty as they are.

"Optimal. Interesting word, my lord. I had been concerning myself more with the aesthetic purpose of the thing. You want to imagine an original shape and form, well, the mind gives you nothing but bits of animals you already know. Things familiar. To channel originality like that... it's like touching the mind of a god."

[Club Pulse]

"What, can't handle it? Sorry, Dena, nothing in here but a regular human liver," Tina says, leaning on the bar and sipping her glass. She smiles at Lorenzo's idea. "Yeah, lets dance!"
    [Malchenar Laboratory]

Ryhe chuckles softly. "Indeed, we seem to be of the same mind here. We both realize what were're going to make is going to be hard, if not outright impossible. We have to start somewhere however, with a concept, a drawing." The lord picks up some empty arcs of papers. "I need assistance with this part however as alas, I have no sight." Yet he still seem to notice a lot of what's going on around him.

Malchenar Castle

Ishani chuckles. "Sounds like my kind of girl, no wonder she intrigues you so much. A relationship is supposed to be a challenge otherwise you grow bored and that is the worst thing that can happen if you're dating. So do you obey her every command, hm? A girl like that can demand a lot of you, I should know." She seems rather amused.

[The Hesit!]

There a lot of windows but no vent system. As he goes to look for a laundry chute he will note that the bathroom suddenly is occupied. It wasn't that last time he was here and there is no way there is anyone else in the apartment...

Yet if he listens closely it sounds like someone is turning the pages of a book in there.

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Malchenar Laboratory]

[Club Pulse]

Yes, let's!
    With that, Caelynn will grab whichever vampire's closest and teleport her and him to the dance floor!
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malchenar Castle]

Bellamon reenters the room, carrying a tray full of sliced fruits of all kinds and colours. There are quite a few there that Jim will be familiar with, but a few that he's not.

The man doesn't interrupt the two's conversation, however. He just moves to Jim's side and waits for the next opportunity to offer him some of the fruit.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Barbarian in the Playground

Club Pulse

"You guys have fun," Cassidy says, raising her glass for a moment. "I ain't much of a dancer, so I'll be sticking on the bar."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Malchenar Castle

Jim smiles at the comment.
    "Not really. I've let her choose a lot of the things we've done, but she hasn't gotten me to pay for quite everything. And really, we don't do much of anything that's expensive. Even an apprentice can afford movies and a few dinners out."
    He takes notice as Bellamon reenters the room. He shouldn't have to wait very long.
    "What are some of these, Bellamon?" he asks the man, gesturing at two of the more stand-out fruits he doesn't recognize.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Westside

Mira smiles, a less-than-innocent smile. "Sounds like a plan. I can respect someone forward-thinking like that."
    Shark decides not to mention that his pistol is actually a harmless tranquilizer, since that information wasn't strictly necessary. "Alright. Let's find an abandoned place and get to it."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Westside

Westside has a fair number of run-down areas. It's likely they can find something with a roof. Some abandoned car port or something. Finding whole abandoned buildings will be harder, as most of them already have something living in them. Kobolds or fairies or something.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Malchenar Laboratory]

Ryhe chuckles softly. "Indeed, we seem to be of the same mind here. We both realize what were're going to make is going to be hard, if not outright impossible. We have to start somewhere however, with a concept, a drawing." The lord picks up some empty arcs of papers. "I need assistance with this part however as alas, I have no sight." Yet he still seem to notice a lot of what's going on around him.
    "Well, my lord, I'm not sure what purpose a drawing would be to a blind man, but I could perhaps... create a model. Something. Something abstact, or..." Sticks catches his chin between two spindly fingers. "Something alien. Have you something I might model with?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #234

[Malchenar Laboratory]

"Ah, but..." Ryhe starts. Yes, why would he have papers there in the first place if he really was blind? "...actually no. I think your idea is better. A model." He moves across the floor to the container mentioned earlier and puts his hand over it. Without actually touching it, the container opens. "A little trick I know." He explains. "Telekinesis." A strange yellow liquid comes flying out of the container. It's thick and almost clay-like in it's consistency. Ryhe turns his palm upwards and the liquid floats just above it, shaped like a ball. "I use this to make some of my golems." He turns to Sticks. "Will it do?"

Malchenar Castle

"I'm sure you can buy her something really nice once your masters project is finished. What kind of things does she like?" Ishani continues asking even as Bellamon enters the room.

[Club Pulse]

"Yeah, but for how long will they be human at this pace huh?" The drow teases but then two of them are teleported away!

Dena blinks at the sudden disappearance. She had teleported too in her days but geez, that girl needed to cut down on it. Drunken teleporting sounded like it was really dangerous.

So she turns her attention back to Bello, taking another tiny sip of the bottle TIna gave her as to prove she actually could drink. She just wasn't as crazy about it as Tina was! "Not at all sir, I'm completely and utterly innocent in all the good ways. Can't you tell?" She flutters her eyebrows suggestively.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Malchenar Castle

"Well, she took interest in these little golems that are sold at the mall, but they were way too expensive. Actually I could probably call my uncle and ask if he'd make her something like Barnabas if the store-bought ones seemed too impersonal. Otherwise though we've mostly gone out on small dates. I can tell you her sweet tooth probably takes up most of her mouth, but I haven't quite gotten to the specifics of fineries, yet. And it'd be embarrassing to get a gift of something you wear and it ends up not fitting.
    says the faun, starting to be surprised at just how much he's talking about this.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malchenar Castle]

"These are mangosteen and jabuticaba." He indicates a white wedge and a dark purple-red berry in turn. "Can I tempt you to try one?" He interrupts briefly, holding out one of the former two fruits. If Jim shows any sign of agreeing, Bellemon will hold it closer to Jim's mouth in an offer to feed it to him. The mangosteen has a citrus flavour, though not quite like the more common varieties. It's quite tasty, though.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

[Club Pulse]

Lorenzo is suddenly teleported to the dance floor. He doesn't look especially happy about the forced change of location, however. "Ask before doing that, please." Yep, pretty annoyed. Fettina will have to follow them over it seems.

Back at the bar, Bello gives Dena a wide smile. "Oh really, innocent are you? And what does that make me? Am I going to have to tempt you?"

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Malchenar Castle

Jim will nod and let himself be fed, chews, and swallows.
    "Hmm, that's pretty nice. But really, Bellemon, I can feed myself. Having to make you do it makes me feel like a little kid." he says. He's trying to be friendly, but it really does make him a little uncomfortable.

29. - Top - End - #239

Toy Tinker

Ilpharra enters, cradling her week-old daughter, Amaria.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Lotus Temple- Assassins

"I'm not combat. I'm here to be a spy, primarily. My abilities aren't combat-oriented." Her bronze metalminds store wakefulness, enabling her to stay awake for long periods when tapped, and her brass allomancy lets her alter somebody's emotions.

"I'm a Pewterarm, Milady. I can boost my strength, speed and stamina, and have trained as a wrestler, boxer, and with duelling canes." He also has good aim, as his tin feruchemy means he can tap the sight he's got stored up to see further away.

The ill-looking man in a suit takes another coin from his money bag and throws it in front of him, Pushing it so it speeds towards a wall like a bullet. "I'm sick because I'm storing health, Milady. If I'm injured, I can draw on my stored health to heal myself."

"Oh, yes, everything's fine! It's much better than I'm used to." April nods and smiles, her eyes glancing up and down Juan a couple of times before she anchors them onto his face.
    Lotus Temple - Assassins

Jezebel's hand snaps out to catch the speeding coin, though how she was able to reach so far so quickly seems nearly impossible. "I suppose the next question is if you retain your abilities if your metal bands are cut and possibly even reforged into new designs. Reason I ask is because I'm going to have to make you three appear as something other than ruffians coated in 'Bling'. If not, then I apologize for the likelihood much of your time will have to be wasted since you can't really go out like that without people being suspect."

The Daemonhost smiles at the young woman. "I'm glad. I also wanted to tell you that I've been assigned to be your guide and tutor whenever Mistress Jezebel is otherwise detained. Is there anything you have to ask right off?"