New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Was more thinking of if they manage to subdue Alpha-1 than trying to do it mid-battle. Similar to Jehoel's de-Hollowing assistance. ^_^'

Also asking because I honestly have no idea what the rules around those gloves are, or what would happen if an artificial soul was pushed out. With Mod Souls, I presume they'd return to candy form, but someone like Alpha-1 is a bit different.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Why in the world are ceros all treated as instantaneous?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have no idea, but that's kind of bala's niche.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

According to the wiki, there were ceros that were instantaneous, but it does indeed seem a bit too common. Especially for someone who is fleeing due to inexperience with the body they're using.

On a silly note: Does the Four Devas Cage extend underground? Not exactly imagining anyone getting out that way without being forced to fight, but I've already been asking silly questions lately. :3
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The problem with the cage is twofold.

1.) As-is it doesn't have Alpha-1 in it, so it's...not a good trap?

2.) Alpha-1 explicitly moved away almost as soon as Chuck moved in to distract her, and moved a good distance. She had the time to, because Shinji's box spell was non-instantaneous. If it was meant to contain everyone, it would have to cover a good section of the quarry grounds, as I'm understanding it.

Beyond that, I think the overall point is that Alpha-1 is retreating, and the kids, due to being a bit disorganized and maybe still in double shock ("Naito's a girl!" "Naito's been taken over by an evil killer AI!"), aren't able to pin her down enough to stop her. Dorizzit can correct me there if I'm wrong, but.

I believe Alpha-1 is meant to be a foe that comes up a couple of times and isn't easily defeated.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

That's because Dorizzit posted while I was in the middle of posting myself.

So, I never saw his post.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

This might come from me having spent a lot of time in the Nexus in the past, but I honestly saw both the cage and Alpha-1's disappearance as equally problematic. Neither allows anyone to counteract them or react before they are done, essentially being the stereotypical ninja smoke bomb and a "Cage falls, everybody is trapped" action respectively.

In essence, if you state that your character escapes all the others present (including a Shinigami who most likely has seen weirder than this on an average day at the SSI and a trained Quincy who likely has seen more dangerous stuff on an average day at home) then it would be odd to object to someone else stating that you are blocked by a giant cage. ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, the cage had an obvious setup that Shinji tried to mask. His invocation notwithstanding, he actually had to spread the seals beforehand. He did so by using a Shikigami that discretely moved around, which he tried to mask by spreading his own spiritual energy around.

Dorizzit had the option, if he so chose, to have Alpha-1 interrupt the trick by noticing and/or attacking the shikigami.

I thought I'd been clear enough about it.

Anyway, changed my post because, after all, I never did see Dorizzit's.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

And I never saw berry's either...

*grumbles as he goes to edit his post yet again...*

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Actually, the cage had an obvious setup that Shinji tried to mask. His invocation notwithstanding, he actually had to spread the seals beforehand. He did so by using a Shikigami that discretely moved around, which he tried to mask by spreading his own spiritual energy around.

Dorizzit had the option, if he so chose, to have Alpha-1 interrupt the trick by noticing and/or attacking the shikigami.

I thought I'd been clear enough about it.

Anyway, changed my post because, after all, I never did see Dorizzit's.
    I knew Shinji was up to something? Wasn't sure what, but A-1 didn't respond. So really, it's fair game that she has some consequence to ignoring it.

Honestly, I'd say that A-1 ends up being caught, but Dorizzit isn't here to respond. On one hand, he may have a storyline in mind, on the other, you did kind of set up a trap.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-02-11 at 02:36 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm waiting for Dorizzit on Spirit World side and KD on Ep 6. (No hurry, though.)

I'm waiting for people to... well, do things in Las Noches before Mikael wakes up. I wouldn't be opposed to someone waking him up, for that matter. (Valentina? Tamaki? Someone else suicidal enough to sneak into Valentina's quarters while she's away? Hey, Hollow players, the ball is yours...)
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Speaking of Las Noches.

As per your character, Kuroi... why not make one for Las Noches instead? Las Noches is kind of dead. I really just do not see a reason for a new Shinigami character when there's an utter dearth of things going on in Hueco Mundo.

Edit: Also, why don't we hold off on the Quarry until Dorizzit is back so we can resolve this barrier issue?
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-02-11 at 02:48 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Why in the world are ceros all treated as instantaneous?
    Probably when it's pretty much a fancy light show. The Cero fired had almost no power behind it. This is, of course, leaving aside the stated, canonical fact that Ceros can be fired extremely fast by user of sufficient skill. Alpha-1 can't do that, and the Cero's power suffered for it.

As for the Shikigami, I was expecting at least one more update on its actions before something happened. Alpha-1 initially ignored it as irrelevant, but would have kept tabs on it. I'll let it go this time since I never responded to it, which was my fault.

Finally, regardless of how poorly it was communicated in my most recent post, I assume an unspoken "unless something unexpected happens."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Fair enough. Still kind of a peeve of mine when people sort of ignore the fact that Ceros are really a powerful but slow attack.

Is Katsuo leaping through to grab her unexpected enough?
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #285

I can understand that, but I'd like to think that I have a decent enough understanding of the mechanics behind Arrancar abilities, given how much time I've spent looking them up.

And...yes.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

Didn't really mean to attack your knowledge. I was sure you had a decent explanation: It was more of a general complaint as to past history with Ceros. I mean, the playerbase has had the whole conversation a few times, I'm sure.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #287

No offense taken.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

Speaking of Las Noches.

As per your character, Kuroi... why not make one for Las Noches instead? Las Noches is kind of dead. I really just do not see a reason for a new Shinigami character when there's an utter dearth of things going on in Hueco Mundo.

Edit: Also, why don't we hold off on the Quarry until Dorizzit is back so we can resolve this barrier issue?
    Hm. I suppose I could. But Tatsuya won't be that character.

EDIT: Also, as the situation stands, any Arrancar character created with the explicit purpose of creating trouble is automatically thrust into a situation of ASD (assured Self-destruction), because it's ONE guy versus two incredibly powerful factions. Since Jehoel himself has been known to take care of such business, any such Arrancar would have to be exceptionally stupid.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-02-11 at 03:02 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

*points to the Cult*

They are not stupid! They just have a critical lack of caring.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

The Cult's too mainstream.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

Not really, they are the ultimate hipsters. Plus what is it with you and lone wolves anyway?

I'm not actually suggesting joining the cult, it isn't having a plot progression problem. Las Noches is. I also wasn't suggesting a character with the same purpose; I was simply saying, the Seireitei has plenty going on. As does the Mortal World.

But Hueco Mundo? I think I see one post a page at most. The place is (*drumroll*) a ghost town (*rimshot*). So, I am just saying, since you have a good stable of characters already, why add to plots that are already thriving?
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2014-02-11 at 03:18 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    EDIT: Also, as the situation stands, any Arrancar character created with the explicit purpose of creating trouble is automatically thrust into a situation of ASD (assured Self-destruction).
    Depends on the level of trouble.

Come on. Jehoel gave the Las Noches tour to your character. Surely you remember all those shady corners of the city where plenty of troublemaking is possible? Like Jehoel's own district, to give an example.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

23. - Top - End - #293

How is Katsuo restraining A1 at the moment?

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

Double underhooks. Her legs are not secured!
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

Not really, they are the ultimate hipsters. Plus what is it with you and lone wolves anyway?

I'm not actually suggesting joining the cult, it isn't having a plot progression problem. Las Noches is. I also wasn't suggesting a character with the same purpose; I was simply saying, the Seireitei has plenty going on. As does the Mortal World.

But Hueco Mundo? I think I see one post a page at most. The place is (*drumroll*) a ghost town (*rimshot*). So, I am just saying, since you have a good stable of characters already, why add to plots that are already thriving?
    To be fair, I usually design my characters so they'll start off lonely and have other people become dear to them in time.

I mean, look how fast Shinji attached himself to the gang.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Psst, hey Kuroi...How should I carry on with the Rukongai scene? Did you want me to advance time to that thing I had planned, or was there something else?

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

You never told me WHAT thing you planned.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    ((Once he's had some time to germinate on this stuff, I figure it'd be time to introduce the spirit of his zanpakuto via a short dream sequence. I don't think I'll have it amount to any significant development, since it's so early on, but it'll at least serve to show that she's starting to notice his potential.))
    You mean this thing? Yes I did.
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2014-02-11 at 05:05 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

Well, you can pose that, I suppose, but I wouldn't exactly have much room for it.

Be my guest though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Much room to respond, you mean? Well, after the dream sequence, we could always skip ahead again to the part where he comes back from leave, although I'm not sure if that'd be too much time travel for comfort.