New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

I'm beginning to wonder just how the trip to Ikari will go
    Should we perhaps prepare some delicious tea?
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga's write-up, updated from the previous game.

Name: Hasunaga Heiaki (name first, surname second)
    Sex: Male
    Eye color: Blue
    Hair color: Ordinarily grey, otherwise brown.
    Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hasunaga was born in September 12, 1920. He was an ordinary kid with a normal life (with the exception of being orphaned by his mother), until the Japanese decided to invade China. Against his father's wishes, the by then adolescent boy enlisted in the Imperial Army, entranced as he was by patriotic propaganda, in the year 1936.
    It is no mystery that war can change a man. When it comes to those who have potential for spiritual awareness, this becomes doubly true. Hasunaga spent the majority of his time in service on the front lines of the campaign to take Shanghai. Almost half a year was spent as the troops from both sides engaged in what was primarily urban hand-to-hand combat. As a result, Shanghai quickly became populated with the angry spirits of the deceased, a truly haunting scenario all its own - and the shock that came with the slow, mounting realization that he had blood on his hands combined with that gruesome setting to awaken his spiritual powers. Shortly after the definite fall of Shanghai, Hasunaga was discharged and sent home, unable to fight anymore from what was essentially incredibly amped-up PTSD.
    It was around this time that he first encountered a Hollow. Instinct took over when the body felt threatened. His spirit fought back when his heart had given up on living. Slowly, Hasunaga began to realize the existence of the spiritual word and, for the most part, its intricacies. He also began to realize he wasn't the only one with special abilities. And as tends to happen, he organized his own little motley crew of spirit world do-gooders. Parallel to this second life, he also began to restructure his own, taking up Japanese at the University of Tokyo.
    In an attempt to repent for his past as a soldier, Hasunaga took up to exterminating Hollows with extreme prejudice. It was his own personal mission, his one great purpose in life.
    As tends to happen with those who only see one thing, he became blind to all else. During a hunt for one particularly dangerous Hollow, his right eye was grievously injured. One of his companions died that day - the rest dispersed after the incident. The very same Hollow was eventually vanquished years later, but Hasunaga's revenge was empty.
    Since then, he is known by those in contact with the spirit world to have "retired" from active fighting, spending his days as a "common" Japanese teacher at Ikari High School.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's grumpy and grouchy. Has a nasty smoking habit, though no cough. Though he still hates Hollows with a passion, he leaves Soul Society to deal with most of them now. If he finds that other students have powers, he tries to quietly discourage them from going down a path similar to his, and denies any information they might ask for (at least at first). If anyone who may be considered a threat to his students enters the school, he tends to call them aside for a nice chat, during which he makes it clear he doesn't like trouble. His students are the only thing he cherishes, and he will do everything he can to keep them safe. Not surprisingly, he's quite the loner.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Typically, Hasunaga can be seen wearing a simple black suit with matching trousers and tie, as well as black leather shoes, with a white shirt underneath. He wears an eyepatch over his right eye, and has a thick-ish mustache that's as grey as his hair. Though slightly receding, he is not bald. The only thing that deviates from his otherwise entirely normal business suit is what looks like a bandana tied around his left arm.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hasunaga has two basic powers. One of them is the ability to summon a suit of oversized "armor" made of concentrated Reiatsu. This suit can either be "worn" or float about freely within a certain radius of him, roughly one hundred and fifty meters in size (if any part of it exceeds this distance, it dissipates; the "suit" can break into separate pieces such as legs, gauntlets etc). However, the most distinctive feature of this power is that it's completely invisible to the naked eye. Each piece as well as the whole suit can be heard, felt, or smelled, but without an extremely acute ability to sense Reiatsu, it cannot be seen. It diverts ambient light around it in such an efficient fashion that its outline is also invisible: Hasunaga is able to effectively turn invisible when donning the armor.
    His second power is the ability to "steal" Reiatsu from his enemies for his own purposes by touching them either directly or through the suit. This Reiatsu can be used as "rocket fuel" to increase the speed of the suit, either by individual piece or as a whole, which enables something of a jetpack analog, or fired in blasts of varying speeds and potency from the suit itself. As "fuel", it can be "burnt" either in bursts (allowing rapid, if brusque evasive maneuvers) or in sustained form. His ability to "steal" is limited by two factors, however:

1) Hasunaga can only "steal" a fixed amount of Reiatsu at a time, proportional to the size of his opponent's Reiatsu. "Stealing" more requires prolonged contact. It also does not weaken the target noticeably until a certain amount of it is gone, at which point the target typically realizes the ruse. Said amount tends to vary by opponent.

2) Hasunaga has a "maximum" capacity for Reiatsu. Once he reaches said capacity, he cannot "steal" more until some of it is used (at a minimum, the fixed rate he'd normally "steal" from an opponent). Thus, if an opponent is sufficiently stronger than him, he's unable to "steal" at all (provided his "tank" is full).

The overall strength of the suit is proportional to the amount of Reiatsu Hasunaga has in storage. At full strength, it could probably lift a semi truck with relatively little effort.

The suit actively absorbs energy in pure form as well. Weaponized energy below a certain threshold of power (roughly equivalent to 40-level Hadou) is completely absorbed, and even the power of any blast that overcomes this property is lessened. This ability can be "turned off", but doing so is a conscious effort. It can absorb kinetic energy: though it doesn't do so as efficiently, this basically means the suit is impervious to conventional firearms up to and including personnel-grade ground-to-air missiles. For the purposes of this ability, sufficiently rapid successive impacts to the armor count as a single strike.

Hasunaga's suit is normally up to the size of a compact car by comparison, but he can make it grow larger. Anything beyond this "compact" size increases the strength and defensive power of the suit relative to its size, as well as the radius its individual pieces can be controlled, but causes it to lose its stealth properties. The suit isn't solid from the inside out; as a construct of Hasunaga's powers, it is entirely controlled by him and cannot suffer structural failures. The old teacher typically enlarges it to one of two sizes, which he affectionally calls "Real Robot" and "Super Robot" sizes. At "Real Robot" size, its absorption rate goes as high as blocking up to level 50 Hadou, while its "Super Robot" equivalent can withstand impacts as astonishing as a level 60 Hadou equivalent (unchanted). "Real Robot" size is up to 20 meters tall. "Super Robot" size is up to 40 meters tall. Naturally, making bigger suits consume more energy than mantaining his usual, human scale suit - and thus are typically only used against threats that require that caliber or scale to match.

His powers also have a rather strange side effect. When first activated, Hasunaga's age visibly regresses. If by the time the suit is dissipated he has a certain amount of Reiatsu left, Hasunaga regresses FURTHER, roughly to fifteen years of age, and remains in that predicament for an amount of time proportional in hours to the amount of Reiatsu left. The upside is that while in this "age" his eye temporarily heals, including the scar it would normally have, so he becomes considerably less conspicuous. Usually, when this happens, he feels incredibly hungry.

While technically more of a strange property than a power itself, it bears mentioning. Hasunaga's body is unable to produce Reiatsu on its own. Instead, it needs to absorb ambient Reishi or convert the food and drink he consumes into Reiatsu. Despite the efficiency of the process, the "rate" remains such that he must consume great amounts of food and drink to mantain fighting shape. As a side-effect to this, Hasunaga needs no sleep. (He may feel tiredness and the need to rest, and can fall unconscious, but he needs no sleep.) His body "works" more like a spiritual body in this regard, despite being very much physical.

His more "mundane" skills include familiarity with firearms, expertise in close-quarters combat, and good observational skills despite the lack of depth perception. Despite having a passing familiarity with explosives, he prefers to avoid them.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-01-31 at 08:05 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

No objections to his power-up?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I do have a question.

How does his reiatsu-steal work compared to Reiryuko/Reishi based abillities such as the powers of Quincy? Reiatsu (spirit preassure) is what powers esotheric beings such as Shinigami and Hollows and is also the latent force around them when not controlled, Reiryuko/Reishi (spirit particles) are what esotheric beings and places are made up of, such as shini/hollow-bodies, Soul Society and Hueco Mundo.

TLDR: Quincy manipulate Reishi, Shinigami generate Reiatsu, wholly different things.

EDIT: I know there is a difference between Reiryuko and Reishi, I just can't remember it at the time.
    Last edited by Neknoh; 2014-01-17 at 09:41 PM.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Um does this mean that Hasunaga will seriously manhandle them into not going to Hueco Mundo? Cause I was looking forward to that.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Perhaps it'll end up with him sending them off/pretty much forcing them into Hueco Mundo?
    I have no real clue as to what our more involved players are planning for events regarding Ikari.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post

How does his reiatsu-steal work compared to Reiryuko/Reishi based abillities such as the powers of Quincy? Reiatsu (spirit preassure) is what powers esotheric beings such as Shinigami and Hollows and is also the latent force around them when not controlled, Reiryuko/Reishi (spirit particles) are what esotheric beings and places are made up of, such as shini/hollow-bodies, Soul Society and Hueco Mundo.

TLDR: Quincy manipulate Reishi, Shinigami generate Reiatsu, wholly different things.

EDIT: I know there is a difference between Reiryuko and Reishi, I just can't remember it at the time.
    Reiryoku: Spiritual Power. The energy that spiritual beings and spiritually active mortals have access to and grants them their unique abilities.

Reiatsu: Spiritual Pressure. Reiatsu is Reiryoku that is "leaking" from a spiritual being.

Reishi: Spiritual Matter. A counterpart to Kishi, which is Mortal Matter (atoms, molecules, etc).

Shinigami and hollows also have the capacity to control ambient reishi. Quincy just make that the focus of their offensive and defensive powers (it is pretty much all telekinesis for the quincy, this was also the basis of Von Geister's original powerset).
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-01-17 at 09:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

That laser grandpa caused us Shinigami no END of pain I'll tell you!

Ty for clearing my misconceptions up, I knew I had them confuddled somehow.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Unless their ability to manipulate Reishi is somehow tied to their Reiatsu, then it simply doesn't. He CAN absorb the blasts, however.

Um does this mean that Hasunaga will seriously manhandle them into not going to Hueco Mundo? Cause I was looking forward to that.
    It is a distinct possibility. At least in the sense that he's a pretty scary opponent for the kids to go up against at this point, going easy on them or not.

He probably won't go full-power against anyone except MAYBE Mikael, though.

Because that'd be both dangerous and uncalled for.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

By the by, why DOES Tamaki want to go to Hueco Mundo anyway?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe he is curious, or maybe he is sympathizing with Mikael, or maybe Mikael accidentally left out a few screws when rebuilding him.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jehoel may also end up stepping in.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

I don't think Hasunaga has a snowball's chance in hell against Jehoel.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't try his damn hardest, and he might just surprise the guy, but he's nowhere near being a match.

I do, however, intend to paralyze Jehoel with something more interesting.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's mostly to observe the Arrancar and to also see more of the Arrancar. Basically what Setsurou was doing. It would Tamaki's own way of seeing if this could work out, what makes Arrancars tick and such. It's to observe and interact with something/someone that he knows will be a moderating/protective presence. He wants to even more now that he has gotten that license from Jehoel. Not to mention the alliance between the three worlds now.

EDIT: It is also him sympathizing with Mikael.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2014-01-17 at 10:31 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Two worlds. One of them has hardly even accepted, much less united.

As a side note, Setsurou was skilled enough to get the hell out of dodge if he was so much as sensed. He never even entered the city. Not exactly the best comparison.

Especially considering Setsurou was acting in a military capacity at the time. He was doing spy work.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Huh? Didn't Jehoel literally lead him around and explain the various districts to him? That whole display of art that one Arrancar showed him? I was pretty sure that wasn't spying unless I really read it wrong.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

The spying was earlier, before the peace offer. Setsurou got himself trapped in Hueco Mundo for about 50 years.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Oh, I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about when Setsurou was being led by Jehoel and he was explaining the city to him and how it worked.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey, everyone.

Thanks, guys, for poking me. I really appreciate it. (I was only gone for who-knows-how long! Only a couple of major things happened in Real Life.) Anyway, I'll definitely catch up and post.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    EDIT: Man, I need to work on Hoshi's slurs. Does anyone know any catchy derisive nicknames for the Portuguese?
    Have it be something that ends with "dos Santos" 'cause that's a popular last name in Portuguese. Maybe something that hints at them just marching to war and following orders like robots, all exactly the same as the next.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Incidentally, for those not in the know, "Santos" is "saints", which is especially ironic considering no shinigami are saints.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Edited in Mikael's first impression of Las Noches to my Spirit World post.

Also, Demidos, this would be a good point to write your swan song.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    No worries.

By the way, KD, in order to keep the Combat Division plotline moving, I suggest you write up Masaru's letter and post it for AK's/Najeiru's perusal. Letters have this interesting quality of conveying information even when a person is bodily absent, so it won't mess relations between time and space. That way, AK, MV and IS can go around doing things even while Masaru is locked up in meditation.
    There, done.

The "attached plans and outlines" is basically an excuse for you guys to ask me questions OOC and for you to know IC the answer, because Masaru has more time to sit and think on this 1 thing than I do.

So no more "we didn't knnnnnooooooowwwwwww" excuses!

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

Huh. Apart from the "giving more knowledge" part I don't really see how this is much different than Setsurou's own work on the subject, but this IS Masaru's pet project.

Anyway, Setsurou is getting started by first training a number of people more thoroughly in actual police methods of restraint so they have a more sizable force to work with (after all, Internal Security DOES have its own job in addition to this task, so more people to help with is not a bad idea). Rukongai is also pretty massive so it'll need a bigger contingent to implement the whole shebang.

Anything wrong with that bit?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Huh. Apart from the "giving more knowledge" part I don't really see how this is much different than Setsurou's own work on the subject, but this IS Masaru's pet project.

Anyway, Setsurou is getting started by first training a number of people more thoroughly in actual police methods of restraint so they have a more sizable force to work with (after all, Internal Security DOES have its own job in addition to this task, so more people to help with is not a bad idea). Rukongai is also pretty massive so it'll need a bigger contingent to implement the whole shebang.

Anything wrong with that bit?
    Nope. Though it's pretty clear Masaru's plan for training is to pick, say, "Rukon 80 North" or whatnot, and try to work solely in that area. The goal is for the training itself to spread, by way of citizens, out among all the Districts in time.

The roving "kill bandits and Hollows" groups should be patrolling everything, mind.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Still probably best to organize a contingent beforehand.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, after getting back home and my first week of EMS class, I'm alive. What have I missed?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Setsurou proposed to Momoka, that's all.

EDIT: I kid, of course. Mostly waiting on a response to Shinji's question to Katsuo waaaaaaaaaay back.

Also, welcome back.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2014-01-20 at 04:13 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have to wonder a bit what we Quincy are doing right now, are we waiting for Hein to make a move?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I have to wonder a bit what we Quincy are doing right now, are we waiting for Hein to make a move?
    Well, the Anderson Clan Quincies will have reps in-town in a few days to a week, in-game time. I'd like to either explicitly timeskip, or just kind of wibbly-wobbly things along, so it doesn't seem like they arrived same day. They don't have portals after all!
    There's lots of stuff I'd like to see happen there.
    I know strawberryman was going to try and sow dissent between the Akiyama and Anderson clans. I'm not sure it will work long-term, but it seems like something that would work best if more than just Chuck was in town.
    In the meantime the Quincy who are all "PURGE THE UNCLEAN" can have moved their army/task force/combat group/what have you into Japan to begin hostilities, and we can get ourselves a war going on!