New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Keep an eye on the hollows, get in a bit too deep and put his nose in somebody elses business by accident, chance a little, little bit of intent?
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    And because it didn't occur to Setsurou to ask the SSI for non-lethal weaponry before (what can I say, the guy was trying not to pervert Masaru's idea), now he needs to amend his report to include that possibility. But before that, he has to run it by Naijeru and see how he likes the idea, since he's only working logistics but the actual manpower command belongs to Naijeru; it's about keeping the other half in the loop.
    Pretty sure that if you can make perfectly non-lethal weapons, Masaru would love the idea. He talked about wooden blunt weapons because they're at least somewhat less lethal than swords and spears; a gun that just paralyzes people is even better!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

The Engineering Division and the attached SEnCorp private institution resent that you would think to go for the SSI when they boast the most brilliant designers of personal arms and armor (for all variations of the meaning of "arms").
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The Engineering Division and the attached SEnCorp private institution resent that you would think to go for the SSI when they boast the most brilliant designers of personal arms and armor (for all variations of the meaning of "arms").
    Considering how recent that development was, and how often Masaru has ended up unconscious in the same length of time, we're frankly lucky he remembers the Divisions that he does.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Considering how recent that development was, and how often Masaru has ended up unconscious in the same length of time, we're frankly lucky he remembers the Divisions that he does.
    I was talking more about Setsurou.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I was talking more about Setsurou.
    It kinda applies too, except less "unconscious" and more "too busy acting as a diplomat, errand boy and whatnot".

Also, when I think "Engineering" I think buildings, not weapons and armor... maybe I'm just that weird.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anybody remember Masato & Co's entry into Soul Society? From the first BitP? Remember who wrote that?

I'm just tickling you guys a bit

I'm totally not working on something.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post
    Anybody remember Masato & Co's entry into Soul Society? From the first BitP? Remember who wrote that?

I'm just tickling you guys a bit

I'm totally not working on something.
    For the record. Hideki has a gun now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

As it is, while Setsurou and Naijeru have been tasked with making Operation Suikoden work, they've not been given authonomy to initiate it. The way it works is they figure it out, send up a report, and when the higher chain of command says "go", they go.
    Li already told them to start with the Scarlet Garden and wrote a petition to Central N+1. What more do you want? A kick in the hindquarters?

What I'm trying to tell you, AK, MV and IS is that you're free to assume the leadership is a-okay with them going to Nicole's old home yard and start doing stuff. You can skip the bureaucracy at your leisure and get to doing stuff.

EDIT: Added Mikael's and Li's parts to my newest Spirit World post.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2014-01-28 at 10:51 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

SHENANIGANS, AWAY!

Time to talk Naijeru into field-testing kidou weaponry.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

SHENANIGANS, AWAY!
    Don't mind me, I'll just quote this real quick.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

First part is nearly finished, picking out music. It got away from me a bit and turned out to be somewhat different from originally planned, it's off on "Approval" from the proper people, and then I'll post it, it leaves a lot more room for RP than I expected it to, meaning I can break it up where it is at and post a second half tomorrow or the day after when I've had a bit more time to write.

Here's to hoping it'll be approved.

EDIT:

First part is up, there will be a second one as well which will include boarding, flying and landing, unless we simply RP it all out, but yes, the Weisswiede clan is moving.
    Last edited by Neknoh; 2014-01-29 at 09:55 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Um, Imp? You did catch the part where I mentioned Tsuchigumo's NINE FEET TALL, right? You'd need a lot more leverage than Satoshi currently has to pull that kind of throw off...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Um, Imp? You did catch the part where I mentioned Tsuchigumo's NINE FEET TALL, right? You'd need a lot more leverage than Satoshi currently has to pull that kind of throw off...
    He wasn't throwing him so much as sending the force of his attack in a different direction, which requires much less effort on the part of the defender. It's not so much about strength and leverage as it is about precisely shifting the direction of the force being exerted.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    What I'm trying to tell you, AK, MV and IS is that you're free to assume the leadership is a-okay with them going to Nicole's old home yard and start doing stuff. You can skip the bureaucracy at your leisure and get to doing stuff.
    Yes, I need to start doing this.

dot dot dot

The only problem is that I have forgotten the details about what was supposed to be going on out there. Training people and talking to people and...giving out free lollipops for all the children? That's what it was, right?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome View Post
    He wasn't throwing him so much as sending the force of his attack in a different direction, which requires much less effort on the part of the defender. It's not so much about strength and leverage as it is about precisely shifting the direction of the force being exerted.
    Deflection is one thing, throwing is another. Not sure I had comprehended what you meant for Satoshi to do in your post.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Deflection is one thing, throwing is another. Not sure I had comprehended what you meant for Satoshi to do in your post.
    OK, sorry about that. I've added a little more detail near the end to clarify, and I'll try to be more specific about that sort of thing in the future.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post

dot dot dot

The only problem is that I have forgotten the details about what was supposed to be going on out there. Training people and talking to people and...giving out free lollipops for all the children? That's what it was, right?
    The basic premise is to help the people of the Rukon become at least partially able to defend themselves (by giving them skills and tools to defend themselves from regular criminals and bandits, as well as go through police work like investigation and so forth), self-sufficient (by getting some training for various practical skills going, as well as an influx of resources to get the proverbial ball rolling), and generally improve morale among the people (by showing them that no only do the Shinigami care, they care enough to help the people help themselves, proving that they are thought of as capable enough to stand on their own, at least against bandits and roving murder gangs).

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

The counterpoint, should someone decide to wage a propaganda war on said effort, is that it can also be seen as "this is too much trouble for us, and therefore you guys do it. Here's some pointy sticks".

Which I figure any level of organized crime would probably attempt.

I feel like I shouldn't have mentioned that out loud...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post

dot dot dot

The basic premise is to help the people of the Rukon become at least partially able to defend themselves (by giving them skills and tools to defend themselves from regular criminals and bandits, as well as go through police work like investigation and so forth), self-sufficient (by getting some training for various practical skills going, as well as an influx of resources to get the proverbial ball rolling), and generally improve morale among the people (by showing them that no only do the Shinigami care, they care enough to help the people help themselves, proving that they are thought of as capable enough to stand on their own, at least against bandits and roving murder gangs).
    In addition, Li told them to start the project at Nicole's ruined home district.

@AverageJoe: On that note: since your character appears to have been from the same District as Nicole, I suggest you too get involved in this event. Your character would've likely been horrified at the fate of his home District.

As Tasuku Hyoshida is older than Nicole, I think it's plausible he got recruited before Nicole. As such, I don't think he would know her, but he could recognize her surname as belonging to the house of exiled nobles that used to keep his home district under check.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Oh, it looks like a few people have found my post just as I lifted the WIP tag from it. I suppose I don't really need to link it then...

Just a heads up, 'Jion-kun' may be more appropriate than going straight for referring to him by his first name.

Suikoden? Ah, I really need to read more of the IC thread.

Training and deployment?

I wonder also... Oh wait it's me. I'm not up to date on all of the story yet. He's a distant relation of the Akiyamas if that helps at all (I'll need to make that a little clearer).

I have read most of the information so far, but haven't read all of it yet. I thought it would take a while for everyone to have a look at my character post.

Are these two factions the ones for warring against the shinigami and the ones seeking a truce?

I was going to post here this morning (it seemed the most logical course of action). I just wanted a little time to see if there was any awkward English remaining. Then I ended up being busy today, so didn't get to. Sorry about that!
    Just checking in since I can't seem to find your character Rain Dragon. Are you still planning on joining up?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

@Frozen: Keep in mind for Tariq to do any sensing we need Terry to get Sora's butt over to the Cathedral. Meaning we're probably waiting a while...

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

@Frozen: Keep in mind for Tariq to do any sensing we need Terry to get Sora's butt over to the Cathedral. Meaning we're probably waiting a while...
    Terry has been on quite a roll with strawberryman, they just need to stop beating around the bush and get it on. Entendres, all of them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm aware, KD, this is a subtle nudge for Terry to do something.

This is also not going to be the only chance for the Cult to examine this sort of an anomaly...

25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    In addition, Li told them to start the project at Nicole's ruined home district.

@AverageJoe: On that note: since your character appears to have been from the same District as Nicole, I suggest you too get involved in this event. Your character would've likely been horrified at the fate of his home District.

As Tasuku Hyoshida is older than Nicole, I think it's plausible he got recruited before Nicole. As such, I don't think he would know her, but he could recognize her surname as belonging to the house of exiled nobles that used to keep his home district under check.
    So, how much can I assume of this project does Nicole already know? Can I assume she was told the entire plan (which, I assume, is probably slightly more than I know), or that she was just told that she needs to go there with a superior officer? Or, more likely, something in between?
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-02-01 at 05:34 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Pester AnimeKid about that. Najeiru is Nicole's superior and practically in charge as of now.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Pretty random question: But do anyone know if Shinigami and Hollows can move through solid matter in the Mortal World? I was flipping through the first volume of the manga, and it really isn't clear whether the spirits seen there can choose to go through walls or are using Gargantas (in some cases, they are clearly affecting objects, but in others, a Hollow attacks through a floor and a bed without causing harm to either)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Spirits can move through solid matter, but it takes effort. The rule of the thumb is: if a spirit is affecting the physical world, it can also be affected by it. So if a Hollow is trying to stomp on someone, it will leave footprints, and someone can hit it with a lamp post, throw a brick at it or shoot it should they so desire. We see this in action several times during the early part of the manga: Hollows, even though invisible, cause destruction to things they touch, and can be hit by a human who can't see them (namely, Sado).

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok guys probably going to show how green i am, but i was wondering how i go about joining the rp, am i to jump in or should i wait to be mentioned etc, sorry for the question but am new to this type of rp

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

was the arrancar chaperoning assignment a go?