New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Quote Originally Posted by Average_Joe View Post
    Ok guys probably going to show how green i am, but i was wondering how i go about joining the rp, am i to jump in or should i wait to be mentioned etc, sorry for the question but am new to this type of rp
    Make a character (wherever you prefer), and then introduce him in the IC, if needed we will give pointers as to what said character could start doing.

By the way, punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    was the arrancar chaperoning assignment a go?
    Hmm... Not sure what this means. Further detailing: I don't know what event this refers to. Who was the player involved in this matter?
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-02-02 at 06:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok thanks for answering my question. Apologies about the bad punctuation in my last post as well

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

We've all been there with the punctuation thing. The secret is to keep dotting.

Also. Since Dorizzit curbed the mandatory rescue arc on the Las Noches side (and Kuroi and I did the same for Seireitei). I feel like I must fulfill that on a separate angle!

Fortuitously, I have the means and the motive to put such a classical arc into motion!
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-02-03 at 12:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    So, how much can I assume of this project does Nicole already know? Can I assume she was told the entire plan (which, I assume, is probably slightly more than I know), or that she was just told that she needs to go there with a superior officer? Or, more likely, something in between?
    I could have Naijeru brief her on it. After all it is going to be taking place in her home district so she might have some insight to offer as to what the people are like and what crimes are most prevalent and such.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Which reminds me:

Draken, waiting on you to answer Setsurou's last question.

AK, I'm going to timey-wimey Setsurou looking for Naijeru while that particular thread is untangled.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Hmm... Not sure what this means. Further detailing: I don't know what event this refers to. Who was the player involved in this matter?
    I have no idea, I don't see them in the character registry, but frozen feat mentioned something about low ranking arrancar and I was wondering if it became elaborated.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

I do recall saying that leading a bunch of mortal tourists around Las Noches sounds like something Jehoel could assign to a low-ranking Arrancar. Doesn't look like Dorizzit's picked up on the idea.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So Frozen, was there a point to that bit between you and Draken in the MW beyond being a stand-in for whipping it out and measuring it, and showing us how super-special-double-awesome Mikael totally is guys because he's awesome and special and awesome and has all the powers plus some?

Because from what you're writing it sounds like Mikael's manifesting a physical presence in the Void while sleeping. Because....actually, I'm curious to know the justification for such a totally unique power on top of him being, already, somewhere in the power range of "Vasto Lorde Arrancar".

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

We kind of already stated that he has an astral projection power.

Going to admit that I did not associate this with Mikael.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    I have no idea, I don't see them in the character registry, but frozen feat mentioned something about low ranking arrancar and I was wondering if it became elaborated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I do recall saying that leading a bunch of mortal tourists around Las Noches sounds like something Jehoel could assign to a low-ranking Arrancar. Doesn't look like Dorizzit's picked up on the idea.
    This actually seems like it could work well, if your up to it, Mabn. I just need a response from AnimeKid before that scene can move forward.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

KD, as I noted after the first post in that sequence, I actually intended this to be an excercise for Tariq, and by extension, Thomas and Sora. So it's a bone thrown at the Cult players, to give testing ground to their abilities and involvement to the plot besides looking for their King. I just didn't expect Argos take such a hands-on approach. So for me, the point from second post on has been simply to reply to Draken. No planning has gone to this beyond that. Well... no planning save for me trying to solve an integral equation on how much force this phenomenom would exert on a 200 kilometer line. (I'll note that I didn't actually finish it, because that would've required me to ask Draken the exact density, dimensions and tensile strenght of Argos's probe. Since we're not writing hard sci-fi here, I decided it's just an arbitrary weight with a single defined quality: "too much for Argos".)

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Except now that Tariq's online, there's nothing further for Thomas to do with him. He can't cast the necessary Kido, so it's not really an excercise for Thomas, just Sora.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

What Thomas will or won't do in reaction to either Sora or information Tariq provides is up to you, not me.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Imp: I'd actually like to know exactly how and in what mood Satoshi is while he's training. If it looks like he's getting too frustrated about it, then Urameshi will have to intervene.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Going to try and become more active around here, side effects of this new activity may include character subplots, strange update patterns, or a trace amount of temporal displacement.

Wish me luck.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Imp: I'd actually like to know exactly how and in what mood Satoshi is while he's training. If it looks like he's getting too frustrated about it, then Urameshi will have to intervene.
    I'll edit my most recent post with a detailed description, but suffice it to say that he's kind of cheesed off at the fact that everything he's done for the last two weeks seems to have been a waste of time and energy.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

His perspective could definitely use some adjusting.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Oh, I'm not contesting that. Unfortunately, he's a bit paranoid and impatient; since no one really expected him to amount to much, he's on a mission to prove them wrong now that he's a Shinigami. Now that he's over the first-week jitters (or whatever you want to call his nervous disposition when he first started), that part of him has started to take over, and ironically enough, it's probably what's holding him back. Judging by your tone, though, it sounds like this is a deal-breaker for Urameshi, so something's got to give on the newbie's end if things are going to advance...I'm just not sure how to play it out realistically.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Personally, I'm tempted to apply the standard anime solution for this.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

So we're clear, Kuroimaken, the jump down is pretty long. Naito actually snapped his ankle when he landed. If Shinji has some way to protect himself, that's fine, but I don't want to miscommunicate.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

He does, and that's actually what I figured. The "gestures" were a quick incantation to prevent said fall from hurting.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Great. Just confirming.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Tsubame's idea is basically doing to Hollows what Ishida Uruyy did to Cirucci Thunderwitch. I have no idea of whether you were thinking of that at all, Dorizzit, but I like it.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Tsubame's idea is basically doing to Hollows what Ishida Uruyy did to Cirucci Thunderwitch. I have no idea of whether you were thinking of that at all, Dorizzit, but I like it.
    ...Not really?

I mean, you say that's what it's like, but it's not.

Tsubame is saying that her proposal may be able to essentially "strip away" the "Hollow nature" and return it to the state of being a Plus, albeit with a guarantee of a memory wipe.

Basically the difference I see between Quincy Purification and Shinigami Purification is that:
    -Quincies would leave the target 100% guaranteed mindwiped (rather than the iffy chance Shinigami give).
    -Quincy arrows would guarantee it's a regular Plus with no chance of powers, rather than the chance Shinigami purification would leave the target with powers.
    -Quincy arrows may leave the Plus with less overall time in Soul Society before it needs to "refresh itself" (aka die in Soul Society) and re-enter the cycle.

This is what I, a Quincy player would prefer.

Honestly? I'm a bit annoyed there wasn't discussion over the matter, and I'm more annoyed that you seem to be dictating matters rather than trying to build a consensus.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not dictating anything. I'm noting the similarity to a canon event. I'm pretty shocked if you can't see it.

As for "discussing the matter", I want you to realize one thing: I'm winging Orchid's dialogue. All of it. I've not planned this one second with Dorizzit. Tsubame is the expert there, Orchid merely does educated guessing. Tsubame might agree, or she might shoot Orchid down just like she did in her last post. It's all the same to me, I have no stake in it. If you want to kick up OOC discussion of what you'd prefer the arrows to do, don't talk to me, talk to Dorizzit.

26. - Top - End - #206

Like Frozen_Feet, I'm improvising most of this. If anyone has a problem with what Tsubame is saying, please let me know.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Basically the difference I see between Quincy Purification and Shinigami Purification is that:
    -Quincies would leave the target 100% guaranteed mindwiped (rather than the iffy chance Shinigami give).
    -Quincy arrows would guarantee it's a regular Plus with no chance of powers, rather than the chance Shinigami purification would leave the target with powers.
    -Quincy arrows may leave the Plus with less overall time in Soul Society before it needs to "refresh itself" (aka die in Soul Society) and re-enter the cycle.:
    That sounds an awful lot like making Quincies better at purification then Shinigami, not an alternative.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Depends on how you look at it. We know Reene wouldn't consider losing her memories and powers "better".

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Renee would grind half the world to dust before so much as giving someone a chance to try to do that to her.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    That sounds an awful lot like making Quincies better at purification then Shinigami, not an alternative.
    Assuming what I proposed holds vaguely true:
    Shinigami purification a.) has at least a chance of leaving the person with powers that then manifest as Shinigami powers, giving a chance to replenish or increase ranks, b.) gives the person purified a chance to keep memories and personality and reunite on the other side, and c.) lets the soul stay in Soul Society for a century or more.

Quincy purification should accomplish the same general goal (no more Hollow but soul purified), but "rougher". Thus, that soul will take multiple cycles (without outside intervention) to have a chance of gaining any shred of real power (thus possibly reducing recruits if used in large quantities), it is guaranteed to be a "blank slate" (some potential trauma, plus lots of tears for family there), and likely only have, let's say, 20-40 years in Soul Society, no matter the original age of the person when they died.

Or we could have it work the exact same, I guess?
    Or not work at all.

Basically, I'm extrapolating the end result of what Dorizzit's character is presenting. To me it sounds like you get a functional Plus, but there's no chance for power, there's little chance for memory, and they probably need to re-enter the cycle notably sooner (which might still make balance wobbly, and would make workforce in the Rukon less stable, from a strictly pragmatic view).