New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Metal Thread VIII-Playgroundklok

Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    Both of you might like Caladan Brood then
    progressive and symphonic black metal
    Finally got a chance to look this up. Listening to The Passing of the Grey Company now, though it looks like it's a Summoning cover. Ironic, that.

Edit: Didn't let that one get very far; though it sounded fine, I wasn't trying to listen to Summoning. So I found Echoes of Battle, and of course, they did the one thing that I hate the most.

Dude screaming. For no reason. At all.

It doesn't sound right. The song was fine. The horns are a little silly, sort of seem "thrown in for the sake of novelty" but I could deal with it. I was actually digging it, and this dude just starts vomiting all over it.

Sorry to be lame and uncool, but I can't understand what the point of that is. It doesn't sound like a war cry (which would totally fit), it sounds like my four-year-old when she doesn't get her way.
    Last edited by zephyrkinetic; 2014-02-07 at 02:29 PM.

I carve wooden replicas of swords and other weaponry, both historical and fantastic. Google "The Splintersmith" for my Facebook, YouTube, and Etsy pages.

Orcish Rogue-barian Avatar by Vrythas. Worn with pride.
    A note: A "hoard" is a big pile of coins, usually with a dragon or high-level dwarf on top. A "horde" is a big pile of Orcs, usually with a dragon or a high-level dwarf on top. Thank you.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

I love me some screaming, if the voice fits the music. Ville Sorvali of Moonsorrow has the most amazing, evocative screams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    A MAN CAN DREAM.
    Preaching to the choir, m'man. Have you seen my avatar?

Also if David Gold was still alive, I would have said that he was the god of depressive black metal, but... :C
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrkinetic View Post

It doesn't sound right. The song was fine. The horns are a little silly, sort of seem "thrown in for the sake of novelty" but I could deal with it. I was actually digging it, and this dude just starts vomiting all over it.

Sorry to be lame and uncool, but I can't understand what the point of that is. It doesn't sound like a war cry (which would totally fit), it sounds like my four-year-old when she doesn't get her way.
    that was brutal man...
    I thought the screams gave a certain natural and atavistic black metal quality which nicely contrasted the beauty of the production... I actually really like when the screams come out of nowhere and create that sort of sharp contrast.
    My Metal Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicBard View Post
    I think we can all agree in one thing. Metal + Pirates = Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.
    Thanks to Crimmy for the awesome avatar
    Come join the Giantitp Chat on Facebook!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I added Korpiklaani to my Pandora...and now I'm getting all kinds of Irish stuff. Some of it is very good, quite fast and heavy, but some of it is seriously folky.

It's good music, but just not what I want on this particular channel. It doesn't quite fit with the Neue Deutsch Härte, etc.

So, should I leave Korpiklaani and just thumbs down the stuff that I don't want, or make a new channel entirely?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

I'm sorry, but Woods of Ypres isn't even DSBM most bands now are joining something that ended up being one of the biggest trends ever in what concerns Black Metal.
    Tim Yatras is the God of Depressive Black Metal
    Although I do agree with this(The main reason being Austere), he isn't the only one, as I think there's a pantheon.

The reason I referred Silencer was because of the fact that most people agree they are one of the pioneers of what became DSBM, I approached the subject due to mentioning Woods of Desolation. I'll say this ignoring the fact Burzum exploited the same kinds of environments in great ways and serving as great inspiration, and also bands like this wonderful hidden gem named Strid(seriously, wtf, this project was waaay ahead of it's time).

A band that deserves more credit than Silencer for solidifying this genre of music was Abyssic Hate, and most of the times not even Hypothermia is even referred when people talk about this genre. Hell I don't even know why they call these new waves of black metal "depressive black metal" when most of the times they're a variety of post-black metal and on top of that the bands have little to do with what was considered to be Depressive black Metal 6 years ago to begin with. I just wanted to get this out of my chest, and don't take me badly please, as I also really like some of the new waves of black metal, like Hypomanie , and this is definitely my favorite Post-black metal/post-rock whatever band: Cold Body Radiation (any fan of black metal will enjoy this for sure, this is so, I don't know, I think the word is "beautiful"

All this said, this is still my favorite DSBM/USBM band:
    Xasthur

I feel blessed on what concerns black metal and my country, due to personal preferences and how the music touches me, depressive black metal has always been something that I listen to on a daily basis. These are some of the bands:
    Ars Diavoli When I heard this I almost didn't believe this was from Portugal, as it was unprecedented.
    Black Howling This band only improvises songs while recording at the same time.
    Inverno Eterno Hands down one of the best things I've ever heard, the lyrics are amazing.

Also other black metal bands I'd like to share from Portugal:
    Cripta Oculta This is one of the best things here
    Mons Veneris This has more of a raw feeling to it
    Corpus Christii
    Morte Incandescente Same as Mons Veneris
    Sirius, Fans of Limbonic Art and Symphonic black metal, gather 'round
    Last edited by Elkreeal; 2014-02-08 at 01:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Defuntos This is also cool if any one wants to give it a listen, it's Black/doom that only uses bass and drums. The bass player has some brilliant melodies and riffs that I find truly chilling, like at 2:13.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Preaching to the choir, m'man. Have you seen my avatar?
    Come, let me show you to my Dune books, and my Dune VHS, and my Dune video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkreeal View Post
    Although I do agree with this(The main reason being Austere), he isn't the only one, as I think there's a pantheon.

The reason I referred Silencer was because of the fact that most people agree they are one of the pioneers of what became DSBM, I approached the subject due to mentioning Woods of Desolation. I'll say this ignoring the fact Burzum exploited the same kinds of environments in great ways and serving as great inspiration, and also bands like this wonderful hidden gem named Strid(seriously, wtf, this project was waaay ahead of it's time).

A band that deserves more credit than Silencer for solidifying this genre of music was Abyssic Hate, and most of the times not even Hypothermia is even referred when people talk about this genre. Hell I don't even know why they call these new waves of black metal "depressive black metal" when most of the times they're a variety of post-black metal and on top of that the bands have little to do with what was considered to be Depressive black Metal 6 years ago to begin with. I just wanted to get this out of my chest, and don't take me badly please, as I also really like some of the new waves of black metal, like Hypomanie , and this is definitely my favorite Post-black metal/post-rock whatever band: Cold Body Radiation (any fan of black metal will enjoy this for sure, this is so, I don't know, I think the word is "beautiful"

All this said, this is still my favorite DSBM/USBM band:
    Xasthur

I feel blessed on what concerns black metal and my country, due to personal preferences and how the music touches me, depressive black metal has always been something that I listen to on a daily basis. These are some of the bands:
    Ars Diavoli When I heard this I almost didn't believe this was from Portugal, as it was unprecedented.
    Black Howling This band only improvises songs while recording at the same time.
    Inverno Eterno Hands down one of the best things I've ever heard, the lyrics are amazing.

Also other black metal bands I'd like to share from Portugal:
    Cripta Oculta This is one of the best things here
    Mons Veneris This has more of a raw feeling to it
    Corpus Christii
    Morte Incandescente Same as Mons Veneris
    Sirius, Fans of Limbonic Art and Symphonic black metal, gather 'round
    Oh, I know he isn't the only one, but pretty much all of the projects he's been involved in end up creating some of favourite Depressive Black Metal.
    I also find that his sound is also fairly unique in the genre. (And Christ, I fricking LOVE the Post-Punk/Deathrock vibe in some of the new Germ tracks. What an awesome fusion. )

His music seems to be getting some recognise finally, which is great because he seemed to be fairly unknown even among the DSBM crowed for quite a long time and I always felt like he really deserved some.

Saying that, none of his projects (and no other Depressive Black Metal, for that matter) seems to beat Austere, at least not for me. I was totally blown away by their music when I first listened to them, and even now, all of their releases are just so much better than anything else in the genre that I've listened to.

I don't listen to the genre as much as I did when I first discovered it a few years ago, but a couple of other projects that stuck with me other than the Tim Yatras stuff are Balnasar and Thy Light

I do like some Xasthur as well, but his music didn't really stick with me as much for whatever reason.

As far as Post-Metal stuff goes, I like Alcest, Le Discrets, Agalloch, Onryo, Amesoeurs, Heretoir, Soliness, and a lot more.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2014-02-08 at 02:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Defuntos This is also cool if any one wants to give it a listen, it's Black/doom that only uses bass and drums. The bass player has some brilliant melodies and riffs that I find truly chilling, like at 2:13.
    The sound is pretty cool. His voice reminds me of someone...I can't think of who right now.

Lemmy? Hmm...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

that was brutal man...
    I thought the screams gave a certain natural and atavistic black metal quality which nicely contrasted the beauty of the production... I actually really like when the screams come out of nowhere and create that sort of sharp contrast.
    I can actually appreciate that logic. I like opera samples in a hip hop beat, for instance. It just didn't work for me.

I carve wooden replicas of swords and other weaponry, both historical and fantastic. Google "The Splintersmith" for my Facebook, YouTube, and Etsy pages.

A note: A "hoard" is a big pile of coins, usually with a dragon or high-level dwarf on top. A "horde" is a big pile of Orcs, usually with a dragon or a high-level dwarf on top. Thank you.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Oh, I know he isn't the only one, but pretty much all of the projects he's been involved in end up creating some of favourite Depressive Black Metal.
    I also find that his sound is also fairly unique in the genre. (And Christ, I fricking LOVE the Post-Punk/Deathrock vibe in some of the new Germ tracks. What an awesome fusion. )

His music seems to be getting some recognise finally, which is great because he seemed to be fairly unknown even among the DSBM crowed for quite a long time and I always felt like he really deserved some.

Saying that, none of his projects (and no other Depressive Black Metal, for that matter) seems to beat Austere, at least not for me. I was totally blown away by their music when I first listened to them, and even now, all of their releases are just so much better than anything else in the genre that I've listened to.

I don't listen to the genre as much as I did when I first discovered it a few years ago, but a couple of other projects that stuck with me other than the Tim Yatras stuff are Balnasar and Thy Light

I do like some Xasthur as well, but his music didn't really stick with me as much for whatever reason.

As far as Post-Metal stuff goes, I like Alcest, Le Discrets, Agalloch, Onryo, Amesoeurs, Heretoir, Soliness, and a lot more.

I don't wanna sound like a hipster but if it makes you feel better me and my friends discovered Austere with their 1st album and it was considered with a vote in a forum I used to visit the best album of '07, the forum was portuguese At least I've always remembered them as a wide-know band in the genre at least given the circle of people and forum users I talked to.

Good 'ol Thy Light, I have the '07 audio cassette Suici.De.pression #236/500, they are truly another hidden gem. Although nothing will surprise me as much as Strid sounding like they did in '94.

Heretoir is simply brilliant, although if one were to listen to Heretoir from first release to last they would see the "evolution" that led them from DSBM to post-black metal and what led to some post-black metal to be considered DSBM and maybe helped to the confusion I was mentioning before. German bands really know what they're doing, like Thränenkind, I knew them both (Heretoir and Thränenkind) before 2010 and was pleasantly surprised to them release the split.

Amesoeurs to me was the first band that actually made a statement with the whole, fairly new, movement of post-punk/post-rock/black metal, thanks in great part to Niege from Alcest who I was lucky enough to meet and see Live. Back in 2009 I remember thinking the Alcest/Les Discrets split was one of the best things to come out that year, much like Austere's To Lay like Old Ashes album. Speaking of Austere, just because they're from the same country, did you ever listen to Abyssic Hate's Suicidal Emotions album? It's often referred as THE depressive black metal album.

Agalloch's Ashes Against The Grain will always be something of magical, the stars aligned for them while recording that album, not that they need the aligned stars to do something good though lol.

I confess I grew some kind of hate-love feeling towards Onryo, I remembered finding them back when I was a more active "re-searcher" of music, and being annoyed at the fact they had 2 songs and were nearly impossible to find. If you like Onryo you will totally love Hypomanie and Cold Body Radiation (although this goes in another direction) that I mentioned before.

Speaking of post-"something" bands, this was one of the most intense things I've ever had the pleasure to see live, Rorcal

Also give this a listen:
    this is brilliant Dopamine
    Altar Of Plagues
    Falls of Rauros

For the bands you posted and my unexpected seeing of them mentioned, I declare you, Sir, a gentleman and a scholar.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

I don't wanna sound like a hipster but if it makes you feel better me and my friends discovered Austere with their 1st album and it was considered with a vote in a forum I used to visit the best album of '07, the forum was portuguese At least I've always remembered them as a wide-know band in the genre at least given the circle of people and forum users I talked to.

Good 'ol Thy Light, I have the '07 audio cassette Suici.De.pression #236/500, they are truly another hidden gem. Although nothing will surprise me as much as Strid sounding like they did in '94.

Heretoir is simply brilliant, although if one were to listen to Heretoir from first release to last they would see the "evolution" that led them from DSBM to post-black metal and what led to some post-black metal to be considered DSBM and maybe helped to the confusion I was mentioning before. German bands really know what they're doing, like Thränenkind, I knew them both (Heretoir and Thränenkind) before 2010 and was pleasantly surprised to them release the split.

Amesoeurs to me was the first band that actually made a statement with the whole, fairly new, movement of post-punk/post-rock/black metal, thanks in great part to Niege from Alcest who I was lucky enough to meet and see Live. Back in 2009 I remember thinking the Alcest/Les Discrets split was one of the best things to come out that year, much like Austere's To Lay like Old Ashes album. Speaking of Austere, just because they're from the same country, did you ever listen to Abyssic Hate's Suicidal Emotions album? It's often referred as THE depressive black metal album.

Agalloch's Ashes Against The Grain will always be something of magical, the stars aligned for them while recording that album, not that they need the aligned stars to do something good though lol.

I confess I grew some kind of hate-love feeling towards Onryo, I remembered finding them back when I was a more active "re-searcher" of music, and being annoyed at the fact they had 2 songs and were nearly impossible to find. If you like Onryo you will totally love Hypomanie and Cold Body Radiation (although this goes in another direction) that I mentioned before.

Speaking of post-"something" bands, this was one of the most intense things I've ever had the pleasure to see live, Rorcal

Also give this a listen:
    this is brilliant Dopamine
    Altar Of Plagues
    Falls of Rauros

For the bands you posted and my unexpected seeing of them mentioned, I declare you, Sir, a gentleman and a scholar.
    Ah, well different circles do different things I guess. I often found it hard to find anyone alse who really knew Austere.

If I'm honest, I often find that Depressive Black Metal is fairly close to Post-Metal anyway. I sort of see it as the final step in Metal (along with Drone and certain types of Doom Metal) before stepping into Post-Metal land. At least that's how it works in my head, being a visual thinker and what-not.
    I haven't actually bothered with Thränenkind until now, but this song is fantastic.

Amesoeurs are amazing, though they're not the first Post-Rock/Metal band I fell in love with. Post-Punk itself isn't so new, though, that's really been around since the late 70's, but it's relatively recent fusions with Post-Rock/Metal works wonderfully. Post-Punk and it's derivatives in general are incredible though.

Neige is a bit of an idol for me. I saw Alcest perform with Wodensthrone, Dornenreigh, and Eastern Front after their Ecailles de Lune release. Fricking incredible day. I have a couple of Alcest's albums sitting on my shelf.

Isn't Abyssic Hate another one of those bands that people claim "started" the whole Depressive Black Metal thing? There seems to be a lot bands that apparently "started" it.
    I've listened to them/him briefly, thought not thoroughly. The music is pretty solid and good, if a little typical of the genre. But what can you expect from such a specific sub-sub genre?

I must confess, The Mantle is (at the moment) my favourite Agalloch album, and the only one I currently own. Everything they do is awesome though.

(I'll give these bands a listen.)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

The reference to Abyssic Hate as one of the pioneers is due to the fact that the idea for Suicidal Emotions , the album that to many symbolizes the beginning of the sub-genre, exists since 1995 or earlier, and when it came out it was something unexpected in it's whole, in the end marking it as Depressive Black metal instead of just black metal with depressive lyrics. Deep down I have immense respect for Burzum's old albums, they have the essence that eventually became Depressive BM, same goes for Strid. I would even go as far as to say that Forgotten Woods in the beginning had a doomy, some times slow-ish feeling that would end up present in some of the bands that appeared in the 2000's.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

I can actually appreciate that logic. I like opera samples in a hip hop beat, for instance. It just didn't work for me.
    that's a thing that exists?

Also, I saw my friend in Unscarred open for MOD Saturday

I got to stagedive during Kill Yourself (Which Billy Milano dedicated to Barrack Obama) and had a ridiculous interview with the great man himself.
    He lost his virginity at 14 to his best friends mother
    and then threatened to sleep with mine
    it was really, really strange
    My Metal Blog
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Finally got a chance to look this up. Listening to The Passing of the Grey Company now, though it looks like it's a Summoning cover. Ironic, that.

You are going to Dimholt, you enter this wood of black trees and, from outside the mist you're in, you suddenly hear the screaming of a Nazgul (or the screaming of the dead echoing from the Dark Door).
    That's the way i imagine it, and it's perfect.
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 2014-02-10 at 07:31 AM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

that's a thing that exists?
    I wish I could find a specific song, but alas, it is only something that occasionally pops up in my Pandora feed. The station in question was seeded with Watsky, Atmosphere, and Mac Lethal, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Angel View Post
    You are going to Dimholt, you enter this wood of black trees and, from outside the mist you're in, you suddenly hear the screaming of a Nazgul (or the screaming of the dead echoing from the Dark Door).
    That's the way i imagine it, and it's perfect.
    See, when I am listening to a song like that, I imagine that whatever sound is happening is from the perspective of the group. Maybe a troupe of (epic-level) bards? I could totally see that being some horrible undead thing, but my initial attempts made me think that there were a group of very good bards, one of whom was a Kinder with a trumpet, and then for some reason someone was cursed, and all of their bard songs started having the opposite effect (Uninspire Courage, etc). It was... unsettling.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

I don't suppose anyone here would be able to recommend me any bands that sound similar to Sabaton? The only thing that comes to mind for me is Grave Digger, but even that's a bit of a stretch.
    Thanks to The Mad Hatter for the Avatar.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eachuinn View Post
    I don't suppose anyone here would be able to recommend me any bands that sound similar to Sabaton? The only thing that comes to mind for me is Grave Digger, but even that's a bit of a stretch.
    Powerwolf.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    I've actually been listening to them quite a bit lately, I really enjoy the use of Latin in their lyrics.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

I've actually been listening to them quite a bit lately, I really enjoy the use of Latin in their lyrics.
    I get the impression a lot of Powerwolfs latin is fake and just kind of epic sounding noises (I'm looking at you Bible of the Beast)
    My Metal Blog

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

I get the impression a lot of Powerwolfs latin is fake and just kind of epic sounding noises (I'm looking at you Bible of the Beast)
    On that subject, this may be of interest to you.
    Last edited by Eachuinn; 2014-02-11 at 08:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

I'm desperately trying to come up with a pun involving dog latin, but I just can't get there.

That's an awesome website.

As for Sabaton? The closest I can come is maybe Iced Earth's The Glorious Burden, but that's not close at all really.
    Last edited by Feytalist; 2014-02-11 at 09:04 AM.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray or Hammefall? Was never much of a power metal listener but bands like those come to mind.

Some how thinking of this I reminded myself of another band that has some really great things, Old Man's Child
    Did anybody here ever explore much of the black metal that comes from Norway?
    Tiefling Paladin|Warlock/Entrancing Mystic Avatar by Phae Nymna

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Did anybody here ever explore much of the black metal that comes from Norway?
    you have no idea of what dark forces you have unleashed

OLD SCHOOL NORWEGIAN BLACK METAL DISCUSSION IS A GO
    My Metal Blog

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Meh, I'm more about Melodic, Atmospheric, Progressive, Depressive, and Post Black Metal, myself.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

And anyway, Austrian black metal > Norwegian black metal

Although Borknagar is better than anything.

Also Bathory.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

Austrian black metal > Norwegian black metal
    HERETIIIC!
    This second wave of black metal (the one who originated what we listen to now) all started in Norway, If it wasn't for:
    Mayhem's De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas ,
    Gorgoroth's Pentagram or Antichrist,
    Immortal's Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism or Pure Holocaust
    Darkthrone's A Blaze in the Northern Sky, Under a Funeral Moon or Transilvanian Hunger
    Burzum's Self-titled Album and Det Som Engang Var
    Heck, even Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse

Black metal would not have been the same thing.
    Tiefling Paladin|Warlock/Entrancing Mystic Avatar by Phae Nymna

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

So we were watching That Metal Show the other day and they had the silliest question I think they've ever done: If you had to choose only one type of metal to listen to for the rest of your life would it be European Metal or American Metal?

Really? As if there was even a reason to choose American Metal? There's so much more variety in European Metal. Hello? Entire continent? So many different cultural backgrounds to lead to music? Variety anyone?

As if American Metal would even be an option. Sure I'd miss a few bands. But if I had to choose for the rest of my life, there's no way I'd choose American Metal.

Thoughts?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    So we were watching That Metal Show the other day and they had the silliest question I think they've ever done: If you had to choose only one type of metal to listen to for the rest of your life would it be European Metal or American Metal?

Really? As if there was even a reason to choose American Metal? There's so much more variety in European Metal. Hello? Entire continent? So many different cultural backgrounds to lead to music? Variety anyone?

As if American Metal would even be an option. Sure I'd miss a few bands. But if I had to choose for the rest of my life, there's no way I'd choose American Metal.

Thoughts?
    Since I'm a big power metal fan, most of the bands I listen to hail from Northern Europe and I've found that most of the North American metal bands in general just aren't my style.

There are a few South American metal bands that I enjoy, Skiltron is the first that comes to mind.
    Last edited by Eachuinn; 2014-02-12 at 02:35 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

HERETIIIC!
    This second wave of black metal (the one who originated what we listen to now) all started in Norway, If it wasn't for:
    Mayhem's De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas ,
    Gorgoroth's Pentagram or Antichrist,
    Immortal's Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism or Pure Holocaust
    Darkthrone's A Blaze in the Northern Sky, Under a Funeral Moon or Transilvanian Hunger
    Burzum's Self-titled Album and Det Som Engang Var
    Heck, even Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse

Black metal would not have been the same thing.
    Yeah but those bands are terrible.