New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Metal Thread VIII-Playgroundklok

So here's a new song off of Priest's upcoming album. It's alright, I guess. The album won't be Painkiller or Screaming For Vengeance, but if it turns out as a slightly more consistent Angel of Retribution, I can live with that.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV

Sai-don, Knight of the Tide - Bronze - IC LXXXIV

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    So here's a new song off of Priest's upcoming album. It's alright, I guess. The album won't be Painkiller or Screaming For Vengeance, but if it turns out as a slightly more consistent Angel of Retribution, I can live with that.
    The song itself is not bad, but the fact that it's the title track, leaves me very dubious about it...
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Metal Thread VIII-Playgroundklok

hey metalers-in-the-playground

don't know if this has been discussed, as i've been away from these boards for sometime, however i recently went the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival .. got to see Iced Earth live for the first time..as well as Floor Jansen's side-project-band 'Revamp' and the unexpected highlight of the show for me: Sabaton (holy ballz did they rock it!) .. not sure if DragonPrime still posts in this thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't there too ..so yea - I think I definitely need to pick up Sabaton's new album: Heroes

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

It can't be worse than Nostradamus I'll check it out. I could do with some new, decent Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragonx View Post
    ..so yea - I think I definitely need to pick up Sabaton's new album: Heroes
    Whoa, I didn't even know they had a new album. I'm definitely checking it out when it drops. I have a soft spot for cheesy power metal (c.f. my previous posts re. Edguy and Elvenking and Evertale and Sonata Arctica and etc. ) and Sabaton hasn't failed to deliver yet. Although it seems every second album of theirs is good, while the rest is just average. Check it out: Attero Dominatus, Art of War and Carolus Rex were all great. Primo Victoria, Metalizer and especially Coat of Arms were pretty meh. Weird right? And if the pattern holds, the new one will be a meh one. Let's hope it doesn't, heh.

Also Arkona's Yav dropped just 4 days ago. It's number one on my to-get list. Pretty excited about it.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragonx View Post
    hey metalers-in-the-playground

don't know if this has been discussed, as i've been away from these boards for sometime, however i recently went the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival .. got to see Iced Earth live for the first time..as well as Floor Jansen's side-project-band 'Revamp' and the unexpected highlight of the show for me: Sabaton (holy ballz did they rock it!) .. not sure if DragonPrime still posts in this thread, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't there too ..so yea - I think I definitely need to pick up Sabaton's new album: Heroes
    Hey Pendragon
    I really want to go to NEM&H next year when I'm in America. Is it worth it?

Also, how is Iced Earth live? I skipped out on the opportunity to see them because me and my pretend big sister were invited to slam beers in the Warbringer tour bus (Protip: Do NOT try to keep up with John Kevill, that guy will drink you under the table)
    My Metal Blog
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicBard View Post
    I think we can all agree in one thing. Metal + Pirates = Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.
    Thanks to Crimmy for the awesome avatar
    Come join the Giantitp Chat on Facebook!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

So Wolves in the Throne Room has a new album coming, which will be apparently instrumental. Well then.

Also both Epica an Dornenreich release their albums today. Epica's is obviously talked about all over, but I know literally nothing about Dornenreich's Freiheit beyond it's release date. So that should be interesting.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Through the best guy ever, I've managed to aquire....with many thanks to the most awesome playgrounder ever....a Hellfest Ticket. Aw yisss.

You're the best, Grimbold. Can't wait for Hellfest!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Through the best guy ever, I've managed to aquire....with many thanks to the most awesome playgrounder ever....a Hellfest Ticket. Aw yisss.

You're the best, Grimbold. Can't wait for Hellfest!
    If my liver is still functioning at the end, we're not doing it right
    My Metal Blog
    Dwarves, like pirates, simply become more proficient as they becomes more intoxicated.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Hey Pendragon

Also, how is Iced Earth live? I skipped out on the opportunity to see them because me and my pretend big sister were invited to slam beers in the Warbringer tour bus (Protip: Do NOT try to keep up with John Kevill, that guy will drink you under the table)
    I've seen them on three separate occasions, and they've been great every time. The set list could be better for the current tour, but it was still a fantastic show.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2014-05-02 at 03:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

I've seen them on three separate occasions, and they've been great every time. The set list could be better for the current tour, but it was still a fantastic show.
    Nice! I need to catch them then.

Has anyone else seen Windhand live? I caught them for the second time a few weeks ago and I STILL can't get over how good it was!
    My Metal Blog

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey Pendragon

hey grimbold

If you like the lineup, I'd say it's totally worth it ... it was my first year going, so it was an interesting experience .. i'm used to waiting in the long line to get in and then the mad rush to get a good spot on the floor, however since the festival is practically all day long you can just show up whenever to get in .. you have in-and-out privledges with your ticket stub/wristband, which is good ...

not having been to festivals elsewhere, it may not be as nice? ...as the sound at The Palladium (where it's held) is rather... errr.. 'muddy' I'd say,., but still a decent venue ... not really a bad location to see/hear them in the whole place

Iced Earth was great!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Spoiler
    Show
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Bugbear in the Playground

That reminded me of Vegan Black Metal Chef in the best possible way
    English is not my first language, but feel free to correct me.

Character sheets:
    Telim, Wilton, Aron and Eric

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

I'm only now realising how much of last year's releases I missed. It's May now and I'm still playing catch-up.

Also I discovered Infestus and it's incredible.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    I'm only now realising how much of last year's releases I missed. It's May now and I'm still playing catch-up.
    I know right?
    It always feels weird.

Also, does anyone know Satans Satyrs? Seeing/interviewing them tomorrow night and by god their new record might be favorite of the year so far
    My Metal Blog

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

So Winterfylleth is making a new album? This is good news. Although I kinda wish Wodensthrone would step up and start on a new one too.

But then, there's many bands I wish would release new material. Like, Gallowbraid. Seriously, you release one EP four years ago and think you're good? Shame on you.

Been listening to the new Elvenking. It's pretty good, surprisingly enough. Pretty energetic. Sounds like something between Heathenreel and Red Silent Tides, which is a good thing.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

But then, there's many bands I wish would release new material. Like, Gallowbraid. Seriously, you release one EP four years ago and think you're good? Shame on you.
    HI WE'RE GALLOWBRAID HERE LET US **** TEASE YOU WITH AN AMAZING BUT SHORT EP AND **** OFF FOREVER.

Screw those guys.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    HI WE'RE GALLOWBRAID HERE LET US **** TEASE YOU WITH AN AMAZING BUT SHORT EP AND **** OFF FOREVER.

Screw those guys.
    But you know you'll crawl back when they release something new

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

But you know you'll crawl back when they release something new
    Totally. ._.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Soooo I've been listening to the new Agalloch today. I'd heard some conflicting opinions about it, so I was pretty interested in hearing it myself (plus it being, y'know, Agalloch). First thoughts: it's pretty good.

It's obviously a bit less aggressive than Marrow of the Spirit, and they've cut back on the clean vocals, which is unfortunate but not too bad. The harsh vocals are pretty good anyway. And I don't usually notice drumming that much, but on this album it's just amazing. I also love the acoustic guitar bits, which are loads better than that abominable cello track on Marrow of the Spirit. The album as a whole is pretty repetitive, but I like repetitive music. Stuff like October Falls or Lustre or Falkenbach; it can be very engrossing if done well. And Agalloch does it pretty well.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

The new agalloch is one of my top records of the year (Still under the new Cynic, and certainly under the new Pallbearer when that comes out)
    Like you have no idea how much I love this record, and I've only spun it 3-4 times
    My Metal Blog

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

The new agalloch is one of my top records of the year (Still under the new Cynic, and certainly under the new Pallbearer when that comes out)
    Like you have no idea how much I love this record, and I've only spun it 3-4 times
    Well, alright, I don't love it quite that much I think it's better than Marrow though. It's certainly more cohesive.

Skogen's newest and Infestus are probably on top of my list for the moment. Seriously The Reflecting Void is some of the best black metal I've heard in years.

Got the new Sabaton. It's pretty good actually. Not quite Carolus Rex, but it's one of their better ones.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to have to check out Skogen and Infestus, I've never heard of either of those!

I have Conan and Belzebong this weekend so I'm pumped for that.

Between last night and next sunday (the 1st) I'm going to see 40 bands
    My Metal Blog

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

I'm finally listening it. At a first glance, it seems pure gold... I just have to see how many karats we're talking about.
    Do I contradict myself?

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Bugbear in the Playground

So someone is adapting The Human Equation for the theater starring most of the original singers. The only way this could be better news is if they were actually touring the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    So someone is adapting The Human Equation for the theater starring most of the original singers. The only way this could be better news is if they were actually touring the show.
    That's pretty cool. I'll never get to see it, of course, but still...

Would be even more awesome if they could do one of The Metal Opera, but I guess you take what you can get.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

That's pretty cool. I'll never get to see it, of course, but still...
    wait,
    why could you never see it?
    you lost me...
    My Metal Blog

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

wait,
    why could you never see it?
    you lost me...
    Because it's all the way over in Dutchland, and I'm... not

Although I guess I'll see it recorded, if that's what you mean.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Dutch sense pinging
    Because it's all the way over in Dutchland,
    adapting The Human Equation for the theater starring most of the original singers.
    adapting The Human Equation for the theater
    Oh my....

Time to pre-register for when tickets go on sale and drool for the next year looking forward to this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Because it's all the way over in Dutchland, and I'm... not

Although I guess I'll see it recorded, if that's what you mean.
    ah okay
    here i was thinking you had some sort of terminal disease!
    My Metal Blog