New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Carrion Crown - Requiem Aeternae (IC)

Gritting her teeth as more of the building and civilians are set ablaze, the huntswoman fires at the remaining two unengaged skulls, hoping to bring them down as well.

Spoiler: Combat Actions
    Show
    Full Round: (1d20+7)[12] and (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[8] and (1d8+6)[10]

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan nods, grins, and says, "I can do you one better. Create Water!" With that, he creates four gallons of water, distributed amongst the fires in the room to put out as many as possible, with priority going to the burning villagers.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mivvim continues to focus on quelling the blaze as best he can, using his thick cloak to batter the flames making their way up the support beam. "Friends, we can't let the fire spread too high! The whole building could be lost if the roof catches!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure how many actions I've taken so far (I have no idea where the support beam is relative to Mivvim), but I'm gonna roll to see if I can get some of the panicking villagers to help out.

Diplomacy to see if they calm down: (1d20-1)[15]
    K: Engineering because it also seems relevant? (1d20+4)[15]

Anyone wanna try their hand at calming down some of these villagers? We could definitely use their help putting out fires.
    Last edited by moondoggy; 2014-04-02 at 07:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fire, chaos, darkness... But the heroes stand firm.

The last of the undead are slain, the burned hauled outside for treatment as the healthy beat the fires out with whatever materials are available, and water is thrown on smoldering embers.

The councilors and sheriff speak with Father Grimburrow, before the Sheriff turns to address the gathered crowd, and the rest of you.

"Right. Well, we can't ignore it no more. Can't pretend nothin's wrong."

"Folks," The sheriff is looking straight at the Lorrimor mourners.

"We'd like ta ask ya to help us. Look inta whatever devilry's workin' outta Harrowstone, and see the end of it. Councillors have autho-rized pay, two thousand gold you see fit to savin' our town."

He turns, and looks at the rest of the crowd, who murmurs in approval. "We expect everyone here ta help them out however they need. Don't put yerselves outer business, but if ya can shave prices when they need stuff, that'd be good."

You have earned the trust of the town!
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

5. - Top - End - #455

NecromancerGuy

Pallik spends much of the night working beside Father Grimburrow and the other townsfolk. After making sure the party is fully healed he uses his Lay on Hands ability upon any townsfolk still injured and then helps to clear the rubble from the town hall. When he goes to sleep that night he says a long prayer of thanks to Pharasma, ending with a plea for restful sleep and quiet dreams.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the morning after his drills he rides into town on Mandoren. Insisting upon paying full price to the shopkeeper, he sells his old Heavy Steel Shield, buys a healing kit, exchanges his horse's riding saddle for a military saddle, and pays for leather barding to be made and fitted for his mount (30 gold value from the shield and trading in the old saddle, 60 gold spent from the pool provided by the town).

The paladin also looks into purchasing a wand of Cure Light Wounds if one is available, and if none can be found looks into ordering one from out of town or commissioning one to be made if someone in town can craft one.

Then until the rest of the party is ready to investigate the prison ruins he practices more with his horse, working on training him for combat.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as other members of the party are ready, Pallik urges them towards investigating the ruins, saying, "Gird yourselves. If the abominations in the ruins are willing to take the fight to us in town, we must not rest. We must return to the prison grounds today!"

Spoiler: Lay on Hands uses
    Show
    Pallik will use all five of his daily uses to top off the party members and then heal any injured townspeople.
    (1d6)[1] points of healing for Pallik
    (1d6)[2] points of healing for Pallik
    (1d6)[6] points of healing for anyone else in need
    (1d6)[4] points of healing for anyone else in need
    (1d6)[6] points of healing for anyone else in need

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Elwynn helps as best she can with the wounded, mostly following Pallik and carrying things for him as necessary. Mostly she remains sullen and quiet; though when Pallik suggests returning to Harrowstone she quickly agrees.

"Absolutely. The sooner we take care of this, the better."

Inwardly she sighs. This will probably get me killed... but what choice do we have?
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan also helps with the wounded. The next morning, he's up early, praying for aid to clear out Harrowstone. Eventually, he heads out into the town, and drinks, steadying his nerves to clear Harrowstone.

8. - Top - End - #458

Pallik finds his way to the church, where he finds that wands of Cure Light Wounds are unavailable.

However, the father DOES have a wand of Cure Moderate Wounds for sale.

(19 charges, 1400 GP)

"We also have a number of potions, light curatives. I'd ask 40 gold for each of those."

Once shopping is done, the bleak day begins...

Harrowstone awaits.

9. - Top - End - #459

NecromancerGuy

Pallik thanks Father Grimburrow, but doesn't feel like it is appropriate to spend so much of the party's allotment on one item without their consent.

He then goes to the Unfurled Scroll and inquires about wands of Cure Light Wounds there. If there is one for purchase, he does so (spending a maximum of 750 GP from the stipend provided by the town). If not he looks into ordering one from the nearest secure supplier.
    ---------------------

Afterwards, regardless of the outcome, he is ready to travel back to Harrowstone. Gathering up the rest of the party, he rides there, approaching the ruins with more caution and respect this time...

Spoiler: Skill checks if needed
    Show
    (1d20+8)[10] Diplomacy for ordering the wand
    (1d20-1)[18] Perception as they approach the prison

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

June did her best to prepare herself the following day, while the others were gathering their supplies and getting themselves ready to dive into the maleficent prison.

Her first stop was to the Fletcher, restocking her supply of fowling arrows so that she would not be caught unawares by the skeletal dead, as well as several extra bowstrings. Once finished there, she returned to the manor to wait for everyone.

Once the party is within sight of the prison, the young archer speaks up."We must be more careful this time... we don't ah... want another accident."

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan nods to Juna and says, "Indeed. I'm back to full on healing, though, so we should be able to get further than we did last time."
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-04-08 at 08:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462

The proprietor of the scroll nods. "Sure kid, I can order a wand for you. It'd take at least two weeks to get here, though, and run you Seven hundred gold all told. Up front, sorry, since I don't have the cash reserves to pay for it myself."

-----

Harrowstone remains as you left it, charred bones on the snowy grounds. The door is open...

13. - Top - End - #463

NecromancerGuy

Pallik pays and thanks the shopkeeper, saying, "If anything can be done to rush the order, please let your supplier know that it is urgent."
    ---------------------

Grimacing a little at June's comment, Pallik sighs and tries not to think about his ruined leg.
    ---------------------

After dismounting Pallik walks boldly toward the entrance of the prison grounds. "We should explore the upper stories today, I think. No sense in giving these fiends an opportunity to come up on us from behind..." With that he begins climbing the steps to the second floor entrance, taking his time both out of concern for his leg and caution against surprise.

Spoiler: Perception + Detect Undead
    Show
    (1d20-1)[14] Perception with a detect undead active as he scans the area in front and past the entrance.

14. - Top - End - #464

Well, Pallik knows of three ways to get to the second floor.

The first way is to climb up to the crumbling balcony in the antechamber through the hole in its roof. Probably not too easy with that leg of his, though.

The second way is to head to the stairs inside the prison, and ascend.

The third way is to climb up the stairs to the eastern balcony outside, that door past the headsman's block looks like it leads into the second floor.

Which way do you go?

15. - Top - End - #465

NecromancerGuy

Pallik takes the most direct route, from the courtyard up the stairs to the eastern balcony.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan follows Pallik, morningstar drawn and ready to deal with any undead that might pop up.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Elwynn brings up the rear, constantly glancing over her shoulder. In one hand she carries her crossbow, loaded and ready, the other is free in case she needs to throw a quick spell.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468

The group ascends the narrow stone steps, carefully clambering over the ice.

At the top, you're greeted with a long, wide balcony. Near the northern end, a stained block sits, squat and sturdy. An execution block, with a groove where the prisoners' upper bodies were pressed down, forced to kneel.

To the southwest, across the balcony, a weathered wooden door is firmly shut. This seems to be the way to the second story of the prison.

And as everyone sets foot onto the cobbled stone of the balcony, a rusty steel scythe lying forgotten in the snow shudders, shakes, scrapes across the ground with a horrible SCRREEEEEECH, and lifts itself into the air as if unseen hands are hefting it. In broad daylight, it starts advancing towards the group, moving as if the unseen person holding it is taking uneven, jerking steps...

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan lifts his holy symbol and aims the open top of the mug at the scythe like a cannon as he shouts,"Behold, the light of Cayden!" A beam of light issues forth, cleansing the undead.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Channel Energy: (1d6)[2]

20. - Top - End - #470

NecromancerGuy

Round 1
    Spoiler: Character Status
    Show
    Pallik Wiston
    Male Lawful Good Human Paladin (Hospitaler, Oath-Bound), Level 2, Init +6, HP 30/30, Speed 20 (15 Currently)
    AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 19, CMD 14, Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +6, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Masterwork, +1 Damage vs Undead Masterwork Longsword (N/A) +5 (1d8+2, 19-20/x2)
    +1 Damage vs Undead Dagger (1) +4 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
    +1 Damage vs Undead Warhammer (N/A) +4 (1d8+2, x3)
    Splint Armor, Masterwork Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 18
    Condition None

Pallik grimly unsheathed his longsword as he moves to intercept the animated scythe. He attacks as best he can, remaining between the party and the approaching weapon.

Spoiler: Combat Actions
    Show
    Detect Undead was already active. Move action to advance up to 15 feet, drawing his weapon as he goes. Attacking any undead he has detected or the animated scythe itself (if he detects no undead).
    (1d20+5)[25] Attack (undead) or Sunder (animated scythe?) roll
    (1d20+5)[15] Critical confirmation on a natural 19-20 for double damage
    (1d8+3)[9] damage (-1 if the scythe is animated and not undead)

Please only interpret this as a sunder attempt if mechanically Pallik cannot see an enemy to attack and attacking the scythe itself must be adjudicated as a sunder attempt. Pallik will incur an attack of opportunity if it is a sunder.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Elwynn, quite sick of trying to ration her magic so cautiously, pulls up her crossbow instead and levels it at the animate scythe. She fires, and then reloads, to repeat the process again if necessary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll (1d20+4)[19]

Damage roll if hit (1d8)[6]
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show