New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Carrion Crown - Requiem Aeternae (IC)

Elwynn says little after Gibs' capture; instead keeping to herself. She spends much of her time after the capture in deep thought.

The next morning she finally decides to take out the mossy disk ioun stone the professor left her, examining it in detail while contemplating the journey ahead.

With my luck there'll be wraiths in Harrowstone... I'm so afraid and yet I can't fail to go... what do I do? She thinks to herself whilst pouring over the item.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kendra joins you at the table, partaking of the tea.

"Well. Gibs was the smoking wand, so to speak. That was clearcut possession, and that business with Vesorianna's name... Clearly the supernatural is at work, and the prison seems to be the cause."

"Master Mivvim, I'm going to open up the Lorrimor emergency fund to you and yours. It contains twelve-hundred gold pieces worth of capital. You may use it to purchase whatever supplies your group needs from the town."
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2014-01-21 at 12:41 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

3. - Top - End - #213

NecromancerGuy

For several minutes Pallik stands still, listening to the exchanges that take place after subduing Gibs. After the rest have begun to walk back to town he helps the sheriff manage the man. "I am sure you are already planning to take good care of Mr. Gibs, sir. He will need a good deal of care and supervision till the possession is well past, and may need a caring ear to come to peace with the trouble he caused..."

Once Gibs was safely at the sheriff's office and Pallik has his armor back, he walks slowly to Kendra's home, thinking. "There is more going on here that we cannot yet see...but what is it we are missing?"

His thoughts drift towards the last several hours and he comes to a realization.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before laying down for a couple of hours of rest, he gathers together the party and shares his thoughts, saying, "I believe we have stumbled upon a ticking clock. The 'Splatter Man' would kill his enemies only after spelling their name out completely, right? Well, I think Mr. Gibs was spelling out the name of the late warden's wife, 'Vesorianna,' while possessed. He also cried out, telling us that whatever possessed him was trying to escape, one can only assume from Harrowstone. Finally, the spirit said we couldn't stop her from dying again, so she must have already died once.

I think that somehow Vesorianna is preventing evil undead from escaping the prison's ruins, but that we have only seven days till these feinds somehow break free by killing her again...I don't know exactly how that works, but it seems to fit to me.
    "

Looking around, he solemnly finishes, "We must hurry and get to Harrowstone, before it is too late."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The paladin sleeps only lightly, rising early and going about his morning routine with renewed fervor. He carefully inspects his equipment and invests extra time to polish his armor, sharpen his sword, and set up care for Mandoren for the next week in town. As the rest of the party rises he helps them prepare, doing his best to enable the expedition to get to Harrowstone early in the morning.

If Kendra moves as if to go, he respectfully but firmly insists that she does not. "Someone must remain behind to warn the rest of the area should we not return. We cannot let this danger spread unopposed as a result of people not knowing of it."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

As the party heads out, leaving Kendra behind, Darvan feels panic well up in him. He grits his teeth, and prays silently to Cayden for the courage to face his greatest trial so far.

5. - Top - End - #215

Kendra raises her hands. "I'll be fine. If trouble comes I've got father's scroll library to fall back upon. Go, go."

-----

It's slower going this time, too many to ride on Mandoran's back. But your trail remains, and you follow it south through the snow, up the old hill and through the scraggly woods.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaakkkkkk.....

The gate sways in the wind as you approach, inviting you in to the crumbling stone ruin.

And the woods are silent.

Now what?
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2014-01-21 at 05:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan gestures silently to Pallik, indicating that he and Darvan take the front line while the others stay back, before entering the prison.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Making a Perception Check (1d20+5)[10]

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

(At the Lorrimor manor, before setting out)

Andrei listens with interest to Pallik's thoughts on the Splatter Man and the deadline for stopping his work. "So you fear that the murderer's spirit will possess another host, and continue writing Vesorianna's name? A chilling thought. I suppose we will know more by this time tomorrow."

He considers for a moment, then adds, "Or I suppose he could go on possessing Gibs himself. There are any number of unpleasant ways for him to write in his own blood on the cell wall. Kendra, should we be...delayed at Harrowstone, can you ask Sheriff Caeller to be sure a deputy is watching over Mr. Gibs tonight?"

Andrei steeples his fingers, willing his nerves to steady. His attempts to fit the past few days' events into a logical framework are unraveling, and he is not looking forward to today's expedition. "We do know a bit about where Mrs. Hawkren died," he continues after a pause He opens his journal and finds the relevant page of notes, then passes the book to Pallik. "Before the fire broke out, the surviving guards had locked her in a storeroom near the top of the lift. They intended it at the time for her own protection," he says grimly. "If her spirit is working on behalf of the town, then perhaps we can contact her at the site of her death?"

Later, standing at the gates of Harrowstone, Andrei grips the head of his sword-cane in one hand, and his journal of meticulous notes in the other. He exchanges a sober nod with his colleagues, wondering if he looks any more confident than poor Mivvim. On the off chance he lives through this, he decides, he will never laugh at a novice actor with stage fright.

"Very well, friends," he says as steadily as he can manage. "Let us see what we can learn."
    Last edited by mucat; 2014-01-21 at 07:49 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Oh thank you miss Kendra. I'll put it to good use, I promise, and I'll only use as much as necessary and not a copper more." Mivvim says happily. He gathers what he thinks is a good enough amount. "I shall head into town and check that arcane shop and stop by Father Grimburrow's. I feel we'll need some potions and holy water if we're to..." He pauses with a slight shudder, "...plumb the depths of that prison." He hesitates, choosing what to say carefully before going on. "I didn't come to this town intending to do anything remotely like what we've ended up with, but despite my growing fears I don't think I could leave without knowing that the people here are safe. I already know it would be something that would haunt me. Just..." He looks to everyone else earnestly, his worries written clearly across his face. "Please don't let me die there," he says quietly. Without another word he throws his cloak around himself and heads out the door.

═════

Mivvim reaches the charm shop and approaches the counter. "Um, hello. I'm looking for some potions, maybe a scroll or two. Anything you think would be best for an expedition involving some encounters with undead."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Elwynn nods to Kendra as the group heads out for Harrowstone in the morning. Elwynn is nervous enough that her bad arm is twitching slightly under her cloak, though few are likely to notice.

"Let's get this over with then." She grits her teeth and presses forward with the others, staying in the rear of the group, but keeping a sharp eye out for absolutely anything dangerous or interesting (or both.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20)[8]
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

10. - Top - End - #220

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Demiurge View Post
    HARROWSTONE GROUNDS

PALLIK

This entire place radiates an unhealthy aura. Wisps dance on the edge of your vision, too insubstantial to be threats, but malign nonetheless. The main prison building, when you look at it with Pharasma's eyes, still burns. Fifty-three years past, and it still burns with ghostly fire.

...Wait. Something more solid, off to your right...

The pond. Below the pond, about five feet under the water, are undead presences, scattered around randomly. They resolve into about 8 forms, each about the same as each other, rather faint. They are unmoving, at the minute.
    Pallik looks about the grounds, and ends up peering through the doorway of the house. Good heavens, this structure is a wreck. Smashed furniture and crockery litter the floor, and rats run for cover. The weak sun peers down through gaps in the roof, and several of the crossbeams have fallen. The floorboards are cracked and water damaged, rot has clearly sat in. Pallik's no engineer, but it doesn't look safe at all.

The main building itself, besides the gaping hole in the eastern side, has four points of interest.

The first is the main entryway. The sturdy iron door is covered in rust, but ajar.

The second is a half-collapsed balcony above the door. Looks like a good climber could get up there, and go directly into the second story.

The third is a set of stairs on the western side of the building. It looks like they go up to a wide landing, which has about four sets of old stocks on it. The landing has a door flush against the prison, looks like it also goes into the second story.

And finally, examining the building shows signs of... Paint? Along the foundations, running the length of the building, save for the hole in the eastern side. Strange, spidery runes are traced out in recurring patterns. They catch at the eye to your vision, especially Pallik's sight...
    After leaving Mandoren stabled with Kendra, Pallik helps lead the party to the old prison grounds.

As the party approaches the ruins, Pallik describes in detail what he has seen to the party. (See above.) "I think before we get too far inside the walls we should look into the anti-spirit cache mentioned in the Professor's journal. If you all want to get to see the inside for yourselves first, we can, but we would be well served to be prepared."

With that he steps back, waiting for the rest to respond.

11. - Top - End - #221

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahh, the prison isn't going anywhere, and town's not far. Time to make sure every resource is accounted for. Back to town!

At the church, the group finds Kendra speaking with Father Grimburrow. He's looking over the Professor's journal, and frowning.

Kendra glances up. "Ah, hello. You're back early."

The Father shuts the journal, nods grudgingly, and hands it back to Kendra. "Hrm. It would seem that you spoke truly," he nods to Pallik and Mivvim.

"Very well. I shall take you to the intersection that this... False Crypt... Is supposed to be near to."

And he does so.

Good heavens, the cemetary is huge, in the light of day. The intersection he leads you to is no different from the rest... Rows of tombstones set in a rough spiral to match the graveyard's shape, and the occasional crypt showing where a person of wealth or respectability is buried.

Once there, he stops and frowns. "If the journal is true, one of these crypts is false. But I have no clue which one it might be."

They DO all look pretty similar...

PERCEPTION OR SURVIVAL DC 20
    Spoiler
    Show

...But only one of them has been recently disturbed. The lock on THAT one shines a bit in the sun, and closer inspection shows that acid has been applied to break it, and it was carefully set back afterwards and stuck in place with alchemical glue to make it look like it was still shut.

EARLIER, AT THE UNFURLED SCROLL...
    The shopkeeper squints at Mivvim. "I don't deal in potions. Too much work for the return. But scrolls, well... That's my stock in trade."

"Anti-undead stuff? Well, there's always good old protection from evil. Magic weapon is good sometimes, for the ones that take magic to hit. And See Invisibility... A lot of folks forget that one extends vision to the ethereal plane. Good for seeing ghosts and wraiths before they manifest. Or shadows, those things are the worst..."

He glances around. "Also got Command Undead. Don't let the rubes catch you using that one, though. When it works, it's great for getting a single undead to stop attacking you."

"My prices are quite reasonable..."

HIS PRICES
    Spoiler
    Show

25 GP for 1st level spells, 200 GP for second level spells. He MIGHT be able to do a 3rd level spell or two, by special order. Those are 450 gp each.

He has all 1st and 2nd level wizard spells in the core book available, and a few 3rds.

"I've also got a wand that makes the user more dextrous, and a wand that makes creatures slower. The cat's grace wand has 12 charges, and costs 1440 gold. The slow wand's go only got 5 charges. It costs 675 gold."

He leans back and considers Mivvim for a minute, then says "wait here."

He returns, bearing a brown book with alchemical symbols upon it. He puts it on the counter, then locks the door and pulls the blinds.

MIVVIM
    Spoiler
    Show

"I got this a little while ago from... Well, never you mind, there. It's not evil, mind you, but the locals probably woudn't understand. Superstitious nonsense... But the whispers from the local gossips are that you're an alchemist, so you might be able to appreciate this."

"They call it a golem manual. This one's for a flesh golem. Takes a heck of a learned practitioner to use it, you'd probably have to spend time researching and hone your skills before you attempted it. But if you did so, you'd eventually have a bodyguard unmatched in toughness and strength. And this tells you HOW, and provides all the spells you'd need, ready to use."

"And since there's no way in hell I'll ever move this out here any time soon, I'll sell it for a fraction of its value. Two thousand gold and it's yours."

12. - Top - End - #222

NecromancerGuy

Pallik looks around, doing his best to try and find any differences between the various tombstones. "Is there anything in the journal to help us identify the right one?" he asks.

Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show
    (1d20-1)[19] Hoping for a natural 20...

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan manages to be completely oblivious to any kind of subtle difference between the tombstones and trips over a small mound to almost crack his skull open on one of the crypts.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

At the gates of Harrowmore, as Pallik points out the features the group saw on their last visit:

As Pallik points out the painted runes along the base of the crumbling structure, Andrei gives a sudden, worried frown. Wordlessly he drops to one knee to examine the symbols more closely, and begins sketching them in his journal. Finally he transfers several samples of the paint itself into one of his empty alchemist's vials.

Spoiler: Die Roll
    Show

Lost, do the runes themselves mean anything to Andrei? And, although it is more of a long shot, does anything about the style of the painting itself catch his eye?

Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+10)[25] plus (1d6)[1] Inspiration.

Craft (Painting): (1d20+9)[17]

Andrei is quick to agree to the suggestion that they follow up the lead from the Professor's journal before venturing any further into Harrowstone. On the return trip to the village, he casts an occasional worried look in the direction of the Lorrimor estate, obscured from view by the snowy woods.

He finally relaxes, though, when the group finds Kendra Lorrimor chatting calmly with Father Grimburrow. At the first chance he gets, he pulls her aside to speak outside the old priest's earshot. "I believe I mentioned to you that I had never heard Adirion Adrissant's name mentioned in artistic circles. Which is not entirely odd, although painters do tend to know one another's work, if only so we can feel superior to one another. But I am beginning to wonder whether his artistic calling is a cover for activities that might otherwise earn him suspicion. During the time he has spent annoying you with his presence…has Mr. Adrissant ever actually produced a painting?"

Later, at the graveyard:

"Superb eye for detail,"
    Andrei tells Pallik as the paladin calls the group's attention to a single lock, among the many weathered crypts, that shows signs of recent tampering. "May your undead-hunter's instincts prove equally sharp throughout our work."

He reaches again for Professor Lorrimor's magnifier, exchanging a glance with Mivvim. "Whoever was here last, seems to know their way around a reagent kit. Let's hope it was our friend, and not the ones he was working against..."

Spoiler: Die Rolls
    Show

Perception roll to check for any other evidence of tampering with the lock or the crypt, then a Disable Device roll to try to open the lock without further damaging it. No inspiration points for now on either of these, since we're not under time pressure and can probably keep trying...

Perception: (1d20+5)[14]

Disable Device: (1d20+5)[10]

15. - Top - End - #225

Andrei examines the runes. They're complex, easily the most difficult arcane study Andrei's ever undertaken. Best he can tell is that they seem to have been part of a larger ritual, one involving both abjuration and necromancy. He feels certain that if he took a few days to study them, maybe with help, he could learn more.

Later, Kendra nods to Andrei's question. "He did seem to know what he was doing with a paintbrush. Never finished any works that I know of, but supposedly had any number of canvasses shipped out. Had several blank ones made and delivered to his room, too."

AT THE FALSE CRYPT...

Once jarred, the lock slips open with only a few slight tugs... The glue didn't last well against the weight of the old metal. It's quite broken beyond repair.

Within, it's quite dark. Father Grimburrow offers a torch, which illuminates a flight of stairs leading down into the cold earth.

PERCEPTION DC 15 or SURVIVAL DC 10
    Spoiler
    Show

And there are tracks in the dust, a single set leading down the stairs, and into the darkness. Looks like they come back, too.

Your torchlight just illuminates a room at the bottom of the stairs... Due to the angle and lighting, you can't make out any more details.

Father Grimburrow scowls. "Definitely not one of our standard layouts. Hrmf." He seems annoyed that someone has hidden this here.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2014-01-22 at 10:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan grumbles, "Hmpf. I was meaning to use this at Harrowstone, but we need it here," as he casts Light in the depths of the darkness. As he trudges along, he notices some tracks heading in and out of the crypt, and says, "Hmm...Looks like someone beat us here...And back out...I suspect we'll find little but perhaps an unpleasant surprise. Still, let's carry on. Maybe our thief missed something."
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-01-22 at 10:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

June is fairly quiet as they return to find a false crypt hidden amongst the real ones near the church.

Once they bust open the lock and make their way down the stairs, June readies one of her blunted arrows in anticipation of trouble. A slight frown curving her lip as they descend into the darkness.

18. - Top - End - #228

"Your offer on the manual does sound good, but we'll talk about that book another time, friend. For now I'll take... Two copies of Protection from Evil, two Magic Weapon, a Detect Undead and..." He thinks for a minute, scratching the fur on his chin. "One Grease, one Reduce Person, a Detect Secret Doors, two Mage Armor and two Identify scrolls. Oh, also a See Invisibility and Scorching Ray." He counts out the money for the shopkeeper, takes a lingering look at the golem manual and with a nod makes his way to the church, meeting with the others on the way.

Present times now.time travel is such a headache

Mivvim takes a deep breath following behind, his paws fingering his bomb components. "Perhaps these are the signs of the professor 'slipping in and out with a few borrowed items' like he wrote. At least, I sure hope so."

19. - Top - End - #229

Well, it sure LOOKS like a crypt under here. The stairs lead down to an overlook balcony, with a set of smaller stairs down to each side that lead down to the bottom of the tomb. The light illuminates a sarcophagus down there, and the group starts heading down to investigate.

A clicking noise draws your attention, and Darvan whirls, directing the light toward the wall... There's a decent sized crack in it, and enormous centipedes, easily longer than a man is tall, are squirming out of it!

Are there four? Five? It's hard to tell, with the squirming legs, and ropy, insectoid forms...

BEGIN COMBAT

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

June has little time to inspect the interior of the crypt before they're set upon.

"Mivvim, Elwynn, stay behind me!" She calls out, firing a pair of arrows into the writhing mass of insects.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Round Action: Firing two arrows (1d20+5)[7] and (1d20+5)[11]

Damage: (1d8+4)[9] and (1d8+4)[6]

She will shift to block a charge for either Mivvim or Elwynn, whoever is closest.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan sighs at the appearance of the centipedes, annoyed that his spells will be next to useless against them. He says, "Well, looks like our thief didn't get too far after all," as he charges the nearest one.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Take Charge action at the nearest Centipede
    Attack roll (1d20+5)[8]
    Damage (1d8+2)[3]

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Having paused to examine the footprints more closely, Andrei is a bit behind the others when the centipedes boil out of the wall. His head snaps up at the sound of shouts and chittering carapaces, and he sprints to catch up, drawing the blade from his sword-cane as he runs...

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Andrei rolled low on initiative, so he'll probably be joining the fight after most of the others have acted. (Which might be good; one fewer person to get in the way of Mivvim's bombs this round!)

If any of the non-melee people (June, Mivvim, or Elwynn) are under attack, Andrei will flank their centipede and try to draw its attention with his attack. Otherwise, he will move to flank a centipede already engaging Pallik or Darvan.

Either way:
    Attack roll: (1d20+2)[21] (possibly +2 additional for flanking)
    Damage, if applicable: (1d6+1)[6]
    Last edited by mucat; 2014-01-23 at 04:09 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233

Mivvim hurls an alchemical bomb at the hungry vermin, aiming to catch as many as he can in the blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage roll: (1d6+4)[10]

I got the Precise Bombs feat as a bonus this level so no need to worry about you guys being hurt by splash damage. Also, a reminder that the splash damage for my bombs is their minimum damage, which is 5 right now.

24. - Top - End - #234

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Character status
    Show
    Pallik Wiston
    Male Lawful Good Human Paladin (Hospitaler, Oath-Bound), Level 2, Init +6, HP 30/30, Speed 30 (20 Currently)
    AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 19, CMD 14, Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +6, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Masterwork, +1 Damage vs Undead Masterwork Longsword (N/A) +5 (1d8+2, 19-20/x2)
    +1 Damage vs Undead Dagger (1) +4 (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
    +1 Damage vs Undead Warhammer (N/A) +4 (1d8+2, x3)
    Splint Armor, Masterwork Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 18
    Condition None

Pallik moves to block the vermin as they charge the party, swinging his longsword in an arc as he yells, "Go feed on the dead, you filthy pests!"

Spoiler: Initiative and combat actions
    Show
    Move action to place himself between the centipedes and any other non-melee combatants, followed by an attack on the nearest centipede.
    (1d20+6)[15] Initiative
    (1d20+5)[23] Attack, crit on a 19-20
    (1d20+5)[6] (Crit confirmation if needed)
    (1d8+2)[9] Damage

25. - Top - End - #235

Darvan wades in first, his morningstar falling... And missing, as the insects skitter out of the way. He takes the opportunity to attack one of them as they dart around him, but again the big vermin are surprisingly fast for their size...

And as he turns he realizes they've surrounded him, as they start gnawing...

DARVAN
    Spoiler
    Show

3 hits for a grand total of 8 points of damage. Also, three fortitude saves please, DC 13 apiece. For each one failed, take dexterity damage in the following amounts...

(1d3)[2], (1d3)[1], (1d3)[1]

June's arrows skitter off the stone floor, but Pallik manages to charge in and chop one of Darvan's flankers in half!

Elwynn hurries down the stairs, running through her spells... Not many she can use that'll do much to these creatures, not much that won't catch her friends...

...And then Mivvim throws a bomb.

BLAM! The noise of it going off in the crypt echoes and resounds, and when the smoke clears, three of the centipedes lie in twitching gibs. The last two are heavily wounded, whipping around in a frenzy, ichor flying as they writhe...

Andrei neatly slides in and skewers one through the head, killing it with precision.

A few seconds later, he last centipede attempts to visit the better part of valor, and slithers back into the wall, leaving legs behind it as it goes. Andrei's in position to finish it, and does so.

END COMBAT.
    DARVAN

Spoiler
    Show

Bad news is, any failed saves from the last round are going to repeat until either you make them, or 6 rounds pass, dealing 1d3 points of dex damage until they're done. Might want to make some heal checks, or get someone on that...

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan screams at the centipedes pull of chunks of his flesh. He feels the poison flowing through him, his limbs feeling heavier as it gets harder and harder to walk.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Fort saves for the next 5 rounds
    (1d20+4)[6]
    (1d20+4)[13]
    (1d20+4)[22]
    (1d20+4)[8]
    (1d20+4)[22]

27. - Top - End - #237

NecromancerGuy

"Darvan! Here, stay still a moment and let me help you," Pallik says, using Lay on Hands for (1d6)[4] points of healing. He then moves to inspect the other man's wounds, carefully working to hinder any further damage from the centipedes' poisonous bites (Healing check for (1d20+3)[21]).

After attending to the cleric Pallik turns to the little rat-man and the investigator with an appraising smile and salutes for both. "That was loud, Mivvim, but apparently exactly what we needed. How many more tricks like that do you have hidden up your sleeves?

And Mr. Andrei, that was excellent swordsmanship. If you ever want to spar in the mornings, let me know. I would enjoy it thoroughly I am sure.
    "

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Darvan's hand glows as he touches his chest, and says, "Thank you, my friend," as his wounds seal.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Convert Sun Metal to Cure Light Wounds and cast on self. (1d8+2)[5]
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-01-24 at 12:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

With the centipedes dead, and Darvan's wounds and poison tended to, tension eases.

June and Andrei can see that the tracks lead down the stair to the sarcophagus, traces where it looks like the sarcophagi's lid was opened and replaced. Then the tracks depart the same way they came. This matches Lorrimor's story.

KNOWLEDGE NATURE DC 12
    Spoiler
    Show

Centipedes are nocturnal hunter/scavengers. They probably lair here during the day, and likely were out when he broke in.

30. - Top - End - #240

Mivvim shuffles his feet bashfully at Pallik's praise. "Oh no, it wasn't much. Just the same thing I used on those stirges the other day... though I do have a few other alchemy 'tricks' in case we need them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge: Nature - (1d20+8)[18]

"There may be more centipedes down here since it is daytime. They often lurk underground and surface at night to hunt. The professor likely didn't have to deal with them since he came at dark."
    Last edited by moondoggy; 2014-01-24 at 01:50 PM.