New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] The Trotting Dead-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XVI

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy flushed a deep red and strove to look at the stallion in front of him instead of the posing mare. "Ah, uh, I-I'll see what I can do a-after Mister Balboa's sculpture i-if that's alright. Er, which is t'say, s-sir..."

He gulped nervously, steeled himself, and shook the offered hoof. "I-I'll do what I can."
    "Great," He said with a grin as he then glanced around. "I wonder what is taking Hay Bale so long..."

<Cut to the lounge as body shot shenanigans happen.>
    <Cut back to Balboa and Co>

"Do you mind Mister Shores?"
    Balboa asked as he gestured to follow along. "Maybe it was best I checked on what going on?..." A small smile appeared on his face. "Maybe the girls would like to meet a real hero eh?"

"Oooh

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Great," He said with a grin as he then glanced around. "I wonder what is taking Hay Bale so long..."

<Cut to the lounge as body shot shenanigans happen.>
    <Cut back to Balboa and Co>

"Do you mind Mister Shores?"
    Balboa asked as he gestured to follow along. "Maybe it was best I checked on what going on?..." A small smile appeared on his face. "Maybe the girls would like to meet a real hero eh?"
    "A-ain't they already met you, sir?" Sandy replied with a nervous gulp, falling into line behind Balboa. Maybe he could just...hide behind the larger stallion, say his salutations, and get out of the mansion before something else went wrong.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

"A-ain't they already met you, sir?" Sandy replied with a nervous gulp, falling into line behind Balboa. Maybe he could just...hide behind the larger stallion, say his salutations, and get out of the mansion before something else went wrong.

"Oh enough of that nonsense Mister Shores, learn to accept a compliment,"
    He said as he lead the way. Berry Tart followed at Balboa's side while the flirty Peachy sidled up against Sandy.

"Hey Suga', ya know I was bein' serious about that sculpture of little ol me," She purred as she winked and then just picked up her pace to walk along side Balboa as well.
    --

In the foyer, the four would come across the sight of Summer plucking a shot of booze with her teeth from Hay Bale's stomach.

"So this why it took a while, tsk tsk,"
    Balboa shook his head and raised a playful brow.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

He said as he lead the way. Berry Tart followed at Balboa's side while the flirty Peachy sidled up against Sandy.

"Hey Suga', ya know I was bein' serious about that sculpture of little ol me," She purred as she winked and then just picked up her pace to walk along side Balboa as well.
    --

In the foyer, the four would come across the sight of Summer plucking a shot of booze with her teeth from Hay Bale's stomach.

Hay Bale looked up at Balboa and cocked an eyebrow. Has it been THAT long? I was only gonna get the one shot...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy stood slack-jawed, stricken with complete and utter confusion.

"What."

He scampered after the trio of ponies, trying to catch up...

...and froze in the doorway. Though his eyes took in the scene before him, he could scarce believe what he was seeing.

"What."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-07-27 at 10:20 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Poor Sandy.

Hay Bale stood up and sighed, straightening her suit and shades. Could've sworn that was the first shot... Yeah. The girls had something "important" to talk to you about and were doing body shots while they waited. I wanted one.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey hey, do not lump me in with the body shots group," Melon Squeeze grumbled as she put down her magazine and shot Hay Bale a look. Meanwhile Strawberry just watched with a small smile just sort of content to be a wallflower at the moment.

Summer Tea still took the shot and grinned as the liquid burned nicely down her throat, woo alcohol. She casually walked over to Balboa. "Hey babe....who's your friend? He's adorable heheh *hic*"

"Now now suga'....I saw him first," Peachy smirked and put a leg over Sandy.

"Hey, no fair," Summer stuck out her tongue.

Balboa playfully rolled his eyes again. He gave Hay Bale a nod and 'hmm'd'. "Seems some distractions were had, but alas, I do not blame you Hay Bale, body shots are fun after all." He gave her a little wink before addressing the sorta question.

"Right, this is my associate, Sandy Shores, a member of the Cirrus Crew and bona fide hero."
    He grinned and gave Sandy a nudge.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

They flirt but they ain't serious. They flirt but they ain't serious. They flirt but they ain't serious...

Sandy turned his focus on the here and now, and not the past and scandalous. It was the only way he might escape without exploding. He gulped and forced out a smile, blushing furiously under the weight of so many stares. "W-well, hero m-might be overdoin' it a lil'; a-all I do is fix th' ship an' help out on m-missions. B-but it's a pleasure t'meet ya'll." He turned his grin up and tried to slowly, casually slink away from the too-friendly attention. The door was so close. He was almost free...
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-07-31 at 12:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Wilderness Road, heading skyward]

"Uuuhhh..."
    Gwen looked around with her beak open. "Wait a minute, you're a pegasus, why don't we just fly?" She then grinned and jumped up as her large grey-ish wing fanned out as she began to flap and lift herself up to the tree tops.
    Lucky frowns a bit. "Never said I was a clever pony..." he mutters, before flapping his wings and taking off after her.

"What brings you out here, anyway?" he asks as he catches up with the griffon. "You from Bridle Shores, or what?"
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey hey, do not lump me in with the body shots group," Melon Squeeze grumbled as she put down her magazine and shot Hay Bale a look. Meanwhile Strawberry just watched with a small smile just sort of content to be a wallflower at the moment.

Summer Tea still took the shot and grinned as the liquid burned nicely down her throat, woo alcohol. She casually walked over to Balboa. "Hey babe....who's your friend? He's adorable heheh *hic*"

"Now now suga'....I saw him first," Peachy smirked and put a leg over Sandy.

"Hey, no fair," Summer stuck out her tongue.

Balboa playfully rolled his eyes again. He gave Hay Bale a nod and 'hmm'd'. "Seems some distractions were had, but alas, I do not blame you Hay Bale, body shots are fun after all." He gave her a little wink before addressing the sorta question.

"Right, this is my associate, Sandy Shores, a member of the Cirrus Crew and bona fide hero."
    He grinned and gave Sandy a nudge.
    Hay Bale stuck her tongue out at Melon. Well maybe if you'd told me what you wanted to talk about I wouldn't have assumed body shot shenanigans.

Peachy, A, I saw him first. B, he doesn't like to be touched and anyone looking at his face right now can see it. Hooves off. Hay Bale finished her shot and then walked back up to Balboa.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

They flirt but they ain't serious. They flirt but they ain't serious. They flirt but they ain't serious...

Sandy turned his focus on the here and now, and not the past and scandalous. It was the only way he might escape without exploding. He gulped and forced out a smile, blushing furiously under the weight of so many stares. "W-well, hero m-might be overdoin' it a lil'; a-all I do is fix th' ship an' help out on m-missions. B-but it's a pleasure t'meet ya'll." He turned his grin up and tried to slowly, casually slink away from the too-friendly attention. The door was so close. He was almost free..
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Hay Bale stuck her tongue out at Melon. Well maybe if you'd told me what you wanted to talk about I wouldn't have assumed body shot shenanigans.

Peachy, A, I saw him first. B, he doesn't like to be touched and anyone looking at his face right now can see it. Hooves off. Hay Bale finished her shot and then walked back up to Balboa.
    Peachy just looked to ignore Hay Bale as she only saw her being a fun sucker right now.

Balboa glanced at Sandy and faintly smiled. "Hmmm....you know what girls.....it may just be best for whatever your question to be addressed at a later time. It has been a long meeting for Mister Shores, best we not keep him from his heroics." There was some minor whining from two certain mares though Balboa put up a hoof to shush them. He then placed his hoof on Sandy and corralled him back the direction they just came.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Wilderness Road, heading skyward]

Lucky frowns a bit. "Never said I was a clever pony..." he mutters, before flapping his wings and taking off after her.

"What brings you out here, anyway?" he asks as he catches up with the griffon. "You from Bridle Shores, or what?"

"Naw...I'm from out of ways,"
    She pointed in opposite directions with her talons, crossing them over her chest as they gained altitude. "Just traveling the lands really, looking for work, going wherever the breeze takes me. I am a merc by trade but I'll take all kinds of work, whatever buys me the whiskey hehehe." She continued with her wide grin.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

If an angel descended from the heavens at this very moment, Sandy was fairly certain she'd be wearing those sunglasses.

Peachy just looked to ignore Hay Bale as she only saw her being a fun sucker right now.

Balboa glanced at Sandy and faintly smiled. "Hmmm....you know what girls.....it may just be best for whatever your question to be addressed at a later time. It has been a long meeting for Mister Shores, best we not keep him from his heroics." There was some minor whining from two certain mares though Balboa put up a hoof to shush them. He then placed his hoof on Sandy and corralled him back the direction they just came.
    And like a miracle, all the pretty mares stopped staring so strangely at him. Well, Miss Peachy still had her leg around his shoulders, but she was just taking her sweet time in removing it. Nothing to worry about. Nothing serious. "G-g-goodbye, everypony. Nice meetin' ya'll." He waved timidly, before following Mister Balboa out of the room.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Skies Over the Wilderness]

"Naw...I'm from out of ways,"
    She pointed in opposite directions with her talons, crossing them over her chest as they gained altitude. "Just traveling the lands really, looking for work, going wherever the breeze takes me. I am a merc by trade but I'll take all kinds of work, whatever buys me the whiskey hehehe." She continued with her wide grin.
    Lucky cracks a crooked grin, hovering up alongside her. "Aaah, a merc, huh? I'm in the same boat, really. I've done bounty hunting, merc work, bodyguarding, tomb raiding... Basically every job under the sun down in the Badlands. Except gardening," he frowns. "I don't garden. Not after the incident with the carnivorous flowers."

He then gives an idle wave of his hoof. "But yeah, I'm a general jack of all trades, but best with mercenary sorta stuff. Strictly legal, of course," he smirks wryly. "Oh, and I also do a fair amount of gambling. Strictly legal too."

He pauses, and averts his gaze a bit with a small shrug.

"Generally."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Balboa's Estate

"My apologies for all the uh...ruckus, Mister Shores, hopefully this won't complicate our business together, correct sir?" Balboa questioned with a seemingly fretful expression once they were out of sight and near the entrance.

AIDA would be seen standing by the massive double wide door next to some guards who stood there more still and quiet then the English Queen's Guard, who paid little regard to the weirdness of the clockwork robot, they've seen weirder, Hay Bale lived here after all.

========

Flying over the Woods

"Gamblin eh? That so...heheh...."
    Her grin widened. "Wanna bet I can reach the town before you? Loser buys the winner a drink in town. Flight only?" She started to flap her wings more strongly, awaiting his response.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Up in the Clouds]

Lucky grins crookedly - but confidently - at the griffon. "Alright. Flight only, loser buys winner a drink of their choice. On yer mark..." He gives a few strong flaps of his wings, to properly stretch and warm up. "Get set..." He adjusts his hat, and narrows his eyes.

"Go."

And they're off! Turns out Lucky's actually a speedy little devil. Not Wonderbolt levels of fast, of course, but a bit above the average pegasus. Of course, being from the Badlands, ponies in his line of work are one of two things: quick, or dead.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Race Time!

Gwen found herself on the rather impressed side as the pegasus darted off so quickly. She smirked and took to going after not willing to lose no matter how cool he kinda looked taking off. She flapped her powerful wings and brought herself up to his speed.

"Not too shabby a start!"
    She said with a thumbs up sort of gesture. "But yer gonna have ta do better than that!" She said as she pulled up ahead a foot.

As they flew something...big would catch their eyes, a massive airship just sitting out there in a clearing, towering over some of the trees. It looked like a metal beast with its plating that did not seem functional for an airship.

"Woah..what is that?"
    She glanced back and slowed her pace considerably. "We should totally check that out!" Regardless of his answer, she changed her course and began to head towards the airship.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Racing!]

Lucky puts up a good fight! He tries to keep neck-and-neck with Gwen, and manages to keep the race close... until she suddenly slows down a bit. He slows as well, and turns to see what's suddenly causing her to pause. "Huh?" He looks off at what she's looking at. "I dunno, it-"

And then she flies off after it. "Hey!" Lucky protests, before darting after her with a determined grin. "No fair!"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Gwen just shot him a raspberry at his /no fair/ comment whilst of course still grinning. She flew around the perimeter trying to find some sort of door. "This is so coooool...but how in the pecan pie do ya git in..."
    ---

Gearstride sat in the bridge, alone, going over some files, particularly Sandy's, including a few papers confiscated from that one now defunct underground lab. Only the hum of the consoles and machinery kept her company, so one could only imagine her startled-ness when the next happened.

"You have company outside Captain,"
    Miss M suddenly announced standing right behind her as Gearstride let out a surprised wahaha and fell out of her chair.

"You really need to not do that..."
    She said grimacing and rubbing her flank.

The vampony just stared at her and then continued. "From the sounds of it, two flyers. Two pegasi?...No....just one....the oher..." She paused with a concentrating look. "A griffon maybe."

"Hmmm?.....who'd be visiting us? You don't think it has anything to do with the battle going on in town do you?"
    Gear asked only to receive a shrug. "Well....I suppose we should be prepared for the worse....."

"Well you do have a cabal of vamponies who have been kept in a cramp place for a long while, make of that what you will."

"Erm....right....eh uhm.....ahem..."
    She brought out her communicator and started it up. "Lieutenant? Do you copy? We have unidentified guests flying around the airship, possibly a pegasus and griffon, I am going to initiate the O.Z protocol." Her tone even and totally serious. To Silverpine, she was speaking nonsense as there was no such protocol.
    =============

"IDENTIFY YOURSELVES INTRUDERS. WHO DARES DISTURB THE PROXIMITY OF THE GREAT AND POWERFUL CIRRUS AIRSHIP??"

Gwen let out a startled squawk and stopped in mid-air. "Wut?....Did that airship just talk?..Pfffthjk."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Airship Awkwardness]

Lucky lets out a surprised yelp, so caught off guard that he flails backwards and cuts an accidental backflip in the air. "Wuh?! I, uh, I'm Lucky Break?" he offers, startled and clearly nervous about being yelled at by an airship. "J-just a wanderin' pegasus lookin' for work! Wasn't plannin' on doin' no harm, I promise!" he squawks, flailing about a bit in a rather unflattering and unprofessional manner. "Sorry for disturbin' ya, uh, Miss Cirrus?"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

"APOLOGY ACCEPTED FROM THE UH HOLD ON----How can you even tell who is who with just your ears?....Oh...right...vid screen on....yeaaa....uh ahem!---THE PEGASUS---He's kinda cute- AHEM, AND WHO ARE YOU MISS GRIFFON??" The 'ship' questioned Gwen who sorta just froze in place with her talons gesturing at herself in the awkwardness.

"Uhm....Gwendolyn is my name?"

"WHAT? YOU DON'T KNOW FOR SURE?"

"Uh wha...'course I know...I uhm...hey hey hey....I ain't gonna take no sass from no fancy ship nu uh,"
    Her feathers got riled up as she pointed an accusing talon at the ship. "Right Lucky? No sassafrasan sass!" She sported a self satisfied grin and glanced at Lucky for support, despite only knowing each other for a short while.
    ----

Gearstride pushed the mute button on the console and then proceeded to roll on the floor laughing.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Airship Antics]

Lucky fidgets a bit, looking back and forth between Gwen and the ship. "Sass? Sassafras? Well I dunno, I don't think airships can really give sassafras, so technically no, we won't take any sassafras from it," the pegasus replies back with a goofy grin, answering-but-not-answering the question.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

The Apparently Sassy Ship

"Ya hear that ship? No sass but yer ass shall be grass, word,"
    Gwen puffed up her chest and tapped the hull of the ship with her talon. "!!!"
    --

Gearstride got up and wiped a tear from her face and sniggered a bit as she tried to compose herself. Miss M just stared at her and raised a brow.

"What? I'm just having some fun hahah....oooh ooh I know what I will do next..."
    That mute button then went un-muted.
    ---

"AH HA HA HA HA THAT TICKLES STHAP!"
    The ship then appeared to have rumbled a bit.

"Whut?..."
    Gwendolyn raised a brow and stopped tapping the ship in a threatening manner.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Airship Antics]

Lucky tilts his head curiously. "Either you just tickled an airship, or somepony in charge of the speaker system is havin' some technical difficulties." Knowing his luck, it could seriously be a case of the former.

He then coughs, and hovers a bit closer to the ship. "So, uh, what are you doin' out here anyhoo? An' do you know how far it is to Bridle Shores from here?"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

The Apparently Sassy Ship

"Ya hear that ship? No sass but yer ass shall be grass, word,"
    Gwen puffed up her chest and tapped the hull of the ship with her talon. "!!!"
    --

Gearstride got up and wiped a tear from her face and sniggered a bit as she tried to compose herself. Miss M just stared at her and raised a brow.

"What? I'm just having some fun hahah....oooh ooh I know what I will do next..."
    That mute button then went un-muted.
    ---

"AH HA HA HA HA THAT TICKLES STHAP!"
    The ship then appeared to have rumbled a bit.

"Whut?..."
    Gwendolyn raised a brow and stopped tapping the ship in a threatening manner.
    The intercom finally responded, Silverpine sounding quite bleary. Apparently the lieutenant was napping. "Captain... what in the name of Luna's royal flank is going on? And what's protocol O.Z.? Twas' an internal intercom, so those outside couldn't hear.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

"THAT THERE IS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION, IF I TOLD YOU I WOULD HAVE TO KILL YOU AND I WOULD NOT WANT TO SEE SUCH A CUTIE GET CUT DOWN FOR SUCH A NOSY REASON."
    --

Gearstride snerked as she spun around on her chair and faced Miss M. "Yea, I am just going to go, you have fun with this...whatever you're doing." The red vampony said as she made her way out of the bridge.

Twas then Gearstride received the message from Silverpine.

"Hauh....oh uh that, don't worry about that sweetcheeks, you back to doing whatever it is that you were doing, I am just having a little fun heheheh."
    That should have been a warning sign enough for Silverpine.
    ====

"THE TOWN IS LESS THAN A MILE AWAY BUT I DO ADVISE GOING THERE RIGHT NOW. IT IS ON THE UH...BEING COMPROMISED SIDE."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

"THAT THERE IS CLASSIFIED INFORMATION, IF I TOLD YOU I WOULD HAVE TO KILL YOU AND I WOULD NOT WANT TO SEE SUCH A CUTIE GET CUT DOWN FOR SUCH A NOSY REASON."
    --

Gearstride snerked as she spun around on her chair and faced Miss M. "Yea, I am just going to go, you have fun with this...whatever you're doing." The red vampony said as she made her way out of the bridge.

Twas then Gearstride received the message from Silverpine.

"Hauh....oh uh that, don't worry about that sweetcheeks, you back to doing whatever it is that you were doing, I am just having a little fun heheheh."
    That should have been a warning sign enough for Silverpine.
    ====

"THE TOWN IS LESS THAN A MILE AWAY BUT I DO ADVISE GOING THERE RIGHT NOW. IT IS ON THE UH...BEING COMPROMISED SIDE."
    Definitely warning enough. Silverpine knew that tone of voice anywhere. It usually meant something was about to blow up. Or she was about to yet plunge the entire ship into some disaster. Sometimes both.

He swung off the bed, and quickly put on his uniform. "Oh no, Captain. I think I better head up there and see for myself," he replied back into the intercom, and headed out towards the bridge,

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Airship Antics]

Lucky blushes a bit after being called a cutie again. However, when the loudspeaker mentions the town being in trouble, he frowns. "Wait, what? Bein' compromised? What do you mean by that?"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Airship Brouhaha

"Ah butts...here comes the lieutenant to be a kill-joy to my fun,"
    She grumbled to no one and pouted. "Oh well! Time to make the most before he gets here!"
    ---

"YES, COMPROMISED, OUTSIDE BAD FORCES TRYING TO INVADE, APPARENTLY THIS TOWN GETTING INVADED AT A REGULAR INTERVAL IS A THING. UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO SOME RED TAPE BULL HONKEY, WE ERR I MEAN I THE CIRRUS IS FORBIDDEN FROM INTERFERING. IT PISSES ME OFF TO BE HONEST BUT ALAS WOEFUL SIGH."

"So...yer just being a useless load?"
    Gwen bluntly asked.

"WELL WHEN YOU PUT IT THAT WAY........YES."

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Airship Brouhaha

"Ah butts...here comes the lieutenant to be a kill-joy to my fun,"
    She grumbled to no one and pouted. "Oh well! Time to make the most before he gets here!"
    ---

"YES, COMPROMISED, OUTSIDE BAD FORCES TRYING TO INVADE, APPARENTLY THIS TOWN GETTING INVADED AT A REGULAR INTERVAL IS A THING. UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO SOME RED TAPE BULL HONKEY, WE ERR I MEAN I THE CIRRUS IS FORBIDDEN FROM INTERFERING. IT PISSES ME OFF TO BE HONEST BUT ALAS WOEFUL SIGH."

"So...yer just being a useless load?"
    Gwen bluntly asked.

"WELL WHEN YOU PUT IT THAT WAY........YES."
    "Captain, please tell me you're not pranking visitors to our ship again," Silverpine said, as he came through the door. "It took days to persuade the mayor of Rainbow Falls not to throw us out of the town."

He went over to Gear's side and took the intercom over before she could protest further. "*ahem* Lieutenant Silverpine here, of the good ship Cirrus. Don't mind the Captain, she likes pulling these things on visitors. How may we help you?" Of course, Gearstride might cut Silverpine off at any time during this period.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Airship Antics]

Lucky kinda gives the ship a flat look for a moment, before looking at it uncertainly. "Uh, I dunno, actually. I mean, we were just passin' by, and wondered what this thing, uh, was. Now... uh... Honestly, I ain't sure what to do or ask about now. I mean, I was gonna head to Bridle Shores, but if it's having issues that a big airship ain't allowed to get involved with, a weedy pegasus merc like me would probably be even more unwelcome. Uh..."

He looks over at Gwen and shrugs. "Yeah I dunno what to do."