New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] The Trotting Dead-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XVI

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Trust me. We probably have seen weirder. Though a reforming head would be pretty high on the 'Most Weird' list," Silverpine said with a smirk.
    The heart attack comes when the bits of bone turn into tiny skulls that all start talking to each other, it's super creepy. Then she smirked. I got like 20 minutes before I need to actually leave your humble airship. You two looking for a third sail~? She purred flirtatiously.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Waugh!" Poor Sandy yelped and whirled about to face his ambusher!

...which is to say, he stumbled forward ungainly until he tripped over his own forelegs and fell flat on his face. And then he rolled over to see the blurry form of Miss M standing over him. "Ggrrrghhhh...s'only wine, ain't even th' realsh hard stuff," he sullenly protested. Nevermind the fact that he'd nearly downed half the bottle himself; details, details. "S'goin' that over way m'shelf...gotta shtowaway for me an' I ain'tsh ordered no stowawaysh..." He pulled himself up with whatever was close at hoof; walls, railing, Miss M herself, whatever his hoof touched first. "Whatsha doin' out over thish way? Thish ain't down b'low...y'hungry? *hic!* That'sh it?"

"I am not....I am just...mildly concerned,"
    Her muzzle wrinkled as she worked on blocking out his smell.

"You should try to compose yourself before replying back to your superiors on your communicator."

================
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The heart attack comes when the bits of bone turn into tiny skulls that all start talking to each other, it's super creepy. Then she smirked. I got like 20 minutes before I need to actually leave your humble airship. You two looking for a third sail~? She purred flirtatiously.
    Gearstride had a thoughtful look for a moment.

"Mmm, nah, I think I prefer /Lieutenant handsome, here all for myself."
    Gearstride concluded.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I am not....I am just...mildly concerned,"
    Her muzzle wrinkled as she worked on blocking out his smell.

"You should try to compose yourself before replying back to your superiors on your communicator."
    Silverpine raised his eyebrow even more. "Really, now?" he replied in a skeptical tone. Then he reached for his communicator. "Mr Shores. Are you there?"
    Sandy tilted his head at her, until the motion made him so dizzy he had to prop himself up against a wall for support. The unexpected concern cut through the drunken haze and reached some part of his mind still awake and functioning. "I-Uh...y-yeah, yeah. Yo-you're right. Officialsh call. Gotta be official m'shelf." He took some rapid, focusing breaths, before fumbling for his communicator. "*click* Shargeant Shores here, Lieu...lieutenant." He spoke slowly, and no more than he needed to. Every syllable was a slip-up waiting to happen.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Gearstride concluded.
    Silverpine pretended he didn't hear the exchange.

Sandy tilted his head at her, until the motion made him so dizzy he had to prop himself up against a wall for support. The unexpected concern cut through the drunken haze and reached some part of his mind still awake and functioning. "I-Uh...y-yeah, yeah. Yo-you're right. Officialsh call. Gotta be official m'shelf." He took some rapid, focusing breaths, before fumbling for his communicator. "*click* Shargeant Shores here, Lieu...lieutenant." He spoke slowly, and no more than he needed to. Every syllable was a slip-up waiting to happen.
    Silverpine did raise an eyebrow at the slightly muffled voice. "Sandy. Got a stowaway here who says a Balboa Shags want to see you and that she's here to get you. Do you know anything about this?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Silverpine did raise an eyebrow at the slightly muffled voice. "Sandy. Got a stowaway here who says a Balboa Shags want to see you and that she's here to get you. Do you know anything about this?"
    It wasn't a bucket of ice water, but darn if it wasn't a quick way to sober up.

"Ba-ba-b-b-b-ba...bal...Balboa Shag?!" The color drained from Sandy's face, and his hoof shook uncontrollably. "I-I, uh, I haven't, I mean, no! I mean, this is th' first I've heard of...I haven't gotten any letters I think...I ought to have...Balboa Shag? Mister Shag wants t'meet...me?!" He squeaked in shock. That lunch of oats and wine hit him with a vengeance, his stomach churning and groaning.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Silverpine pretended he didn't hear the exchange.

Gearstride concluded.
    She shrugged. Suit yourselves.

"Ba-ba-b-b-b-ba...bal...Balboa Shag?!" The color drained from Sandy's face, and his hoof shook uncontrollably. "I-I, uh, I haven't, I mean, no! I mean, this is th' first I've heard of...I haven't gotten any letters I think...I ought to have...Balboa Shag? Mister Shag wants t'meet...me?!" He squeaked in shock. That lunch of oats and wine hit him with a vengeance, his stomach churning and groaning.
    Now that Hay Bale thought about it, she wasn't entirely sure Balboa had actually said that he'd warned Sandy already. Stupid hormones.

Ooooh, sounds cute. Her ears piqued with interest. Oi, my boss told me you'd know I was coming. If this isn't the case, please let me know now.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Now that Hay Bale thought about it, she wasn't entirely sure Balboa had actually said that he'd warned Sandy already. Stupid hormones.

Ooooh, sounds cute. Her ears piqued with interest. Oi, my boss told me you'd know I was coming. If this isn't the case, please let me know now.
    Sandy felt grateful both for the fact that whomever this messenger was couldn't see his flushing cheeks, and that he could blame them on the alcohol. "N-n-no, no. No ma'am. S'first I've ever even heard of it...b-b-but a thousand 'pologies if I misshed a letter or call somewhere! Th-that'd be all my fault, m-ma'am."

(For the record, no advance warning was sent. )
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-01-18 at 08:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy felt grateful both for the fact that whomever this messenger was couldn't see his flushing cheeks, and that he could blame them on the alcohol. "N-n-no, no. No ma'am. S'first I've ever even heard of it...b-b-but a thousand 'pologies if I misshed a letter or call somewhere! Th-that'd be all my fault, m-ma'am."

...Well, can you come with me anyway? She asked into the radio. Whatever it is, I'm sure it was important if he sent me along to pick you up. She then covered the speaker and whispered, to Silverpine and Gearstride, Don't mean to toot my own fluglehorn but I'm kind of a sexy badass.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-01-18 at 09:02 PM.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

...Well, can you come with me anyway? She asked into the radio. Whatever it is, I'm sure it was important if he sent me along to pick you up. She then covered the speaker and whispered, to Silverpine and Gearstride, Don't mean to toot my own fluglehorn but I'm kind of a sexy badass.
    Silverpine looked at Hay Bale with a quizzical stare. "I'm sure you are, Miss. Look, I don't mean to be rude, but if Mr Shores don't even know you're coming, how the hay do we know you're even representing Mr Balboa here?"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Silverpine looked at Hay Bale with a quizzical stare. "I'm sure you are, Miss. Look, I don't mean to be rude, but if Mr Shores don't even know you're coming, how the hay do we know you're even representing Mr Balboa here?"
    Hay Bale tapped her chin, thinking for a few moments. ...I suppose you don't.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

"I...I don't mean no offensh t'Mishter Shag..." Sandy's meek voice flitted out from the radio. "B-but it does...all depend on what m'commandin' officersh say. If'n they...order me t'stay put, then...th-then I gotta stay put."

"...that shaid, if'n he wants t'meet me...then I really ought t'go."
    He added as a timid afterthought.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-01-18 at 11:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Guardhouse]
    "See, she's smart too." Mask says as the cloaked unicorn snorts, the black aura of magic subsiding rapidly while the shadows seem to lose the dangerous quality.

"Two of you keep your crossbows trained on the little commander here." Two ponies obey their leader as the rest gather the scattered weaponry, the massive pegasus however moves to tower over the surrendering group.

"I'll allow them to live, but I'm not foolish enough to leave them fully unharmed. Bull, knock the lot of them out and catch up." The lying sneak then gestures to Passe with a slight bow. "Well, lets get going then little filly, and don't worry too much about your troops. It'll hurt for a bit afterwards, but they'll live."

Bull moves to knock out the lot of them, two pegasi keep their crossbows trained on Passe. The group splits up, leaving four with Bull, and the rest to go with Mask...

[Hospital]

Sure Strike takes the plate without even turning her head. The unsteady steps from earlier are replaced by swift and confident movements as she spins around to slam a hoof into the back of the nurse's head!

As she makes her move there's a small noise as if somepony was spitting, and the slight blur of a miniscule piece of wood zipping past the blind pony and aimed directly at Doctor Sunshine!

If it strikes, he'll be injected with a particularly strong sedative. Looks like this little filly isn't as pathetic as she seemed!

It also looks like this blind mare is more than meets the eye...

[Dive Bomb]

A single bronze eye snaps open and glares at the griffon, giving the impression that he was about to kill the intruder. Through gritted teeth the pegasus speaks, his voice a slurred whisper.

"Shtai ba. Oisshhhhion" The heat seems to be slowly intensifying around Dive Bomb as his heart beats faster and louder. He winces as the temperature around him suddenly spikes, scorching the immediate area around him!

Blood begins to drip from his face like a faucet as he spasms then goes limp.

The air cools and the rapid thumping of his heart slows...

[Gates]

The sudden cover of cloud catches most of the army by surprise, giving the defenders the needed moment to catch most of the aerial troops. The ones that don't get immediately struck are wounded in their retreat to the earthen walls and trenches.

"Tartarus damn them, where's that artillery support?!" Cookie growls out as she drags two pegasi behind the walls, barely managing to have them escape a red-tipped arrow.

Things were beginning to look bad, a pair of ponies were actually holding the gate, their advantage had been turned against them, and now they'd lost a considerable amount of air support.

"Windy! Windy! Get your team up and check on Splinter! Get the artillery running at all costs!" She see's a pair of similar looking stallions give a quick salute and zip off towards the massive machine of destruction, another four pegasi hefting spears and other weapons before following behind.

"Rock Star, got enough juice to keep this up?!" A sweating unicorn just gives an unsteady nod as another wall pops up to replace yet another broken hiding place.

"Don't just be hiding, Captain Dive needs us to keep this up! So pour it on and keep it up!" Even with those words and the name of their captain to embolden them, the soldiers still aren't able to keep up the accuracy that had assisted them in pushing the defenders back.

"Sage, Rosemary! Get Aegis up and moving as soon as possible, we need that shield back if we're gonna keep up the assault!" Cookie growls out again before turning herself back to the task she needed to perform.

Her horn begins to glow a with a golden-brown aura, the very same aura placing strange marks on the ground between the walls of her legion and the walls of Bridle Shores. The marks quickly formed the shapes of ponies and suddenly there was a good dozen golems of dirt, rock, and root galloping towards the burning gate.

"Push the line, if they get us any further back then this will all be for nothing!"

The soldiers keep up the assault, knowing that the success of the mission depended so much on their efforts.

[Crossbow]

What was keeping Splinter from fulfilling her duties was quite simple, there was a bolt sticking through her heart.

The rest of her command though was still going strong as there always seems to be a pony or two willing to grab hold of the reigns. One of the ones wielding an axe shouts out to get the rest back on track.

"Launch it!" The remaining ponies of Splinter's Squad dive on the machine, taking that crucial moment provided by Prose to release the mechanism.

It's missile surges forwards with a resounding twang, reaching and passing the gap between the earthen walls at an alarming speed. Should it reach the gates, the results would certainly not be in favor of the defenders.

Especially when you take into account the weakened state of the gates themselves.

The cord is still heavily frayed, but it might work for one last shot, unless a certain retired Shadowbolt manages to finish it off.

Spoiler: Rock Golems
    Show

Not very strong, a bit durable, can defend against arrows, but not the explosive kind.
    Last edited by Merellis; 2014-01-19 at 09:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Hay Bale tapped her chin, thinking for a few moments. ...I suppose you don't.
    "I...I don't mean no offensh t'Mishter Shag..." Sandy's meek voice flitted out from the radio. "B-but it does...all depend on what m'commandin' officersh say. If'n they...order me t'stay put, then...th-then I gotta stay put."

"...that shaid, if'n he wants t'meet me...then I really ought t'go."
    He added as a timid afterthought.

"Is there any way by chance you can get a hold of Balboa Shag? Perhaps things...can be cleared...?"
    Gearstride said, though of course she herself couldn't help but wonder why the mogul figure Balboa would well, want anything to with them.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

"Is there any way by chance you can get a hold of Balboa Shag? Perhaps things...can be cleared...?"
    Gearstride said, though of course she herself couldn't help but wonder why the mogul figure Balboa would well, want anything to with them.
    You could come with me and see for yourself. She offered.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

The well-trained defenders would have shouted in triumph, would that not have utterly destroyed the point of the cloud cover. Instead, they ducked out from under their cover and started firing off a fierce counter-volley at the flying attackers. The wall-mounted and tower ballistas started to swivel back to life without the hail of missiles pinning down their teams. The setting sun proved to be a double blessing; not only did it help to momentarily dazzle the enemy flyers, but it cast dark shadows onto the misty clouds, providing the town guard with no shortage of easy targets. Leaving the entrenched and out-of-sight enemies for later, the defenders worked to clear the skies with deadly efficiency.

The Captain nodded to Stormcloak as he landed. "Keep the cloud cover up as long as you safely can, and get the rest of your team on the gate. We need to get that fire out, now!" He sidestepped a javelin that embedded itself in the stones where he'd been standing. With a practiced flick, he pulled it out and sent it flying back at its owner. "And keep quiet; don't give them any targets." he warned.
    The pegasus nodded, and then stepped back and took off into the now-misty air.

"... I'm already getting a bad feeling about this," Silverpine remarked, rolling his eyes. He finally lowered his weapon though. If this Hay Bale wanted to attack, she'd already done so.

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    [Hospital]

Sure Strike takes the plate without even turning her head. The unsteady steps from earlier are replaced by swift and confident movements as she spins around to slam a hoof into the back of the nurse's head!

As she makes her move there's a small noise as if somepony was spitting, and the slight blur of a miniscule piece of wood zipping past the blind pony and aimed directly at Doctor Sunshine!

If it strikes, he'll be injected with a particularly strong sedative. Looks like this little filly isn't as pathetic as she seemed!

It also looks like this blind mare is more than meets the eye...
    [Hospital]

The nurse noticed the hoof too late, her eyes widening fractionally for just that split second, before the lights went out of her eyes as she was knocked to the ground with a thud.

[Dive Bomb]

A single bronze eye snaps open and glares at the griffon, giving the impression that he was about to kill the intruder. Through gritted teeth the pegasus speaks, his voice a slurred whisper.

"Shtai ba. Oisshhhhion" The heat seems to be slowly intensifying around Dive Bomb as his heart beats faster and louder. He winces as the temperature around him suddenly spikes, scorching the immediate area around him!

Blood begins to drip from his face like a faucet as he spasms then goes limp.

The air cools and the rapid thumping of his heart slows...
    [Forest]

"Captain?" Corsair repeated, looking slightly bewildered as he inched closer.

Then the temperature spiked. Corsair raised a claw to shield his face , grunting in pain, his other claw already rising to put this pony out his misery if this keeps up. Fortunately, the air cools just as rapidly, and the griffon slowly lowered his forelimbs, blinking, looking just a mite singed.

"... Junker ain't payin' me enough for this," Corsair grumbled as he closed the last few feet that separated the two, kneeling to check on the fallen captain. If he found no response, he'd then gamely fling the captain over his shoulder, and then darted off into the darkness, this time heading towards the planned retreat point where what remained of the army, mostly support personnel, and more importantly, medics, had stayed behind.

Otherwise, he'd try to rouse the captain.

[Gates]

The sudden cover of cloud catches most of the army by surprise, giving the defenders the needed moment to catch most of the aerial troops. The ones that don't get immediately struck are wounded in their retreat to the earthen walls and trenches.

"Tartarus damn them, where's that artillery support?!" Cookie growls out as she drags two pegasi behind the walls, barely managing to have them escape a red-tipped arrow.

Things were beginning to look bad, a pair of ponies were actually holding the gate, their advantage had been turned against them, and now they'd lost a considerable amount of air support.

"Windy! Windy! Get your team up and check on Splinter! Get the artillery running at all costs!" She see's a pair of similar looking stallions give a quick salute and zip off towards the massive machine of destruction, another four pegasi hefting spears and other weapons before following behind.

"Rock Star, got enough juice to keep this up?!" A sweating unicorn just gives an unsteady nod as another wall pops up to replace yet another broken hiding place.

"Don't just be hiding, Captain Dive needs us to keep this up! So pour it on and keep it up!" Even with those words and the name of their captain to embolden them, the soldiers still aren't able to keep up the accuracy that had assisted them in pushing the defenders back.

"Sage, Rosemary! Get Aegis up and moving as soon as possible, we need that shield back if we're gonna keep up the assault!" Cookie growls out again before turning herself back to the task she needed to perform.

Her horn begins to glow a with a golden-brown aura, the very same aura placing strange marks on the ground between the walls of her legion and the walls of Bridle Shores. The marks quickly formed the shapes of ponies and suddenly there was a good dozen golems of dirt, rock, and root galloping towards the burning gate.

"Push the line, if they get us any further back then this will all be for nothing!"

The soldiers keep up the assault, knowing that the success of the mission depended so much on their efforts.
    [West Gate]

While the attackers recoiled from their new situation, Stormcloak himself had joined the team at the gate frantically putting out the fire at the gate, along with the wing-worthy members of his team. Already, four of his pegasus were injured and had to be carted off. Even with the cloud cover, it didn't save one from (un)lucky hits.

As for our redoubtable duo? Well Lemongrass himself got feathered in the wing in the first salvo and was now groaning in pain as he leaned on a wall close to the gate. Tyrol was fortunately unharmed, and was busy helping one of the tower ballistas to load their deadly ammunition.

(Stuka will join the fray at the crossbow team shortly, probably once Lycan posts.)
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-01-20 at 12:41 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

[Somewhere in Town]

"And that's what you git fer insultin' my wee lass!" Shell Shock shouted, as he trotted out of the shop, presumably with Flash Bang in tow. The demopony only stopped to adjust his beret, before noticing that the streets were deserted.

"Hey. Where did everypony go?" he said, scratching his head.
    "Och, why ye askin' me?" Flashbang asked with a touch of sarcasm as she followed him out, scuffing through the dirt a bit from how she was choosing to drag her hooves as she walked. She took in the air for a second, breathing deep, and tilts her head with her ears twitching.

"Summin' sounds a bit weird, aye? Like fightin'?"
    Last edited by Gnomish Wanderer; 2014-01-20 at 01:09 AM.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Siege Crossbow]

What was keeping Splinter from fulfilling her duties was quite simple, there was a bolt sticking through her heart.

The rest of her command though was still going strong as there always seems to be a pony or two willing to grab hold of the reigns. One of the ones wielding an axe shouts out to get the rest back on track.

"Launch it!" The remaining ponies of Splinter's Squad dive on the machine, taking that crucial moment provided by Prose to release the mechanism.

It's missile surges forwards with a resounding twang, reaching and passing the gap between the earthen walls at an alarming speed. Should it reach the gates, the results would certainly not be in favor of the defenders.

Especially when you take into account the weakened state of the gates themselves.

The cord is still heavily frayed, but it might work for one last shot, unless a certain retired Shadowbolt manages to finish it off.
    Prose narrows his eye at the ponies on the other side of the ballista. He briefly weighs his options - before sweeping his wing down, trying to cut the cord with his talons.

Assuming the cable is cut, he kicks off from the ballista, launching himself airborne towards Bridle Shores. With a dismissive look back at the ballista team, he flaps his wings and hurls himself headlong into the dense woods, swiftly flying back towards the besieged settlement. These ponies aren't worth his time or concern; he has bigger things to worry about.

The Shadowbolt zig-zags through the trees, keeping his senses open for any signs of other enemy activity as he heads home. Siege teams, snipers, reinforcements, traps or tricks...

Spoiler
    Show

Whether Prose encounters Stuka or any other enemy forces, or returns to Bridle Shores without incident, is likely best left up to Grif and Merellis, I figure.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2014-01-20 at 01:40 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

[Guardhouse]

"See, she's smart too." Mask says as the cloaked unicorn snorts, the black aura of magic subsiding rapidly while the shadows seem to lose the dangerous quality.

"Two of you keep your crossbows trained on the little commander here." Two ponies obey their leader as the rest gather the scattered weaponry, the massive pegasus however moves to tower over the surrendering group.

"I'll allow them to live, but I'm not foolish enough to leave them fully unharmed. Bull, knock the lot of them out and catch up." The lying sneak then gestures to Passe with a slight bow. "Well, lets get going then little filly, and don't worry too much about your troops. It'll hurt for a bit afterwards, but they'll live."

Bull moves to knock out the lot of them, two pegasi keep their crossbows trained on Passe. The group splits up, leaving four with Bull, and the rest to go with Mask...
    Passe looked down at the bowing Mask with utter, righteous contempt, the pained cries of her once-conscious subordinates still ringing in her ears. "Save your cruel manners for some other mare; they tempt me too much to give your face the beating it deserves." With her nose turned high, she led him down the hallway opposite the one they'd burst through.

Bull and four ponies watching over the unconscious guards, the rest following Passe. She sent a silent prayer to Luna that her backup arrived soon, and that the beating her guards had received would not be in vain. The enemy was now divided, after all...

[Gates]

[Crossbow]

Spoiler: Rock Golems
    Show

Not very strong, a bit durable, can defend against arrows, but not the explosive kind.
    The storm of missiles finally tapered off to an occasional drizzle, but it seemed the last bolt of lightning had yet to strike.

"Get back from the gates!" The Captain bellowed as he heard the shouts near the ballista. Ponies scrambled away from the still-smouldering gates and hurriedly readied weapons for whatever was coming through.

"Archers! Keep those trenches pinned down! Ballista teams! On the golems!" With one will, the defenders turned their attention to the trenches, giving the attackers a taste of the hail they'd put them through moments ago. The ballista teams - with the help of the guards without bows - finally managed to get their own bolts loaded and fired against the advancing golems.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-01-20 at 11:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    "Och, why ye askin' me?" Flashbang asked with a touch of sarcasm as she followed him out, scuffing through the dirt a bit from how she was choosing to drag her hooves as she walked. She took in the air for a second, breathing deep, and tilts her head with her ears twitching.

"Summin' sounds a bit weird, aye? Like fightin'?"
    Shell cocked his own ears, listening intently to the sounds of the town for a few moments. "... aye. That sounds like... arrows?" He turns to look towards western side, only to find the entire walls and gates shrouded in misty clouds. "... oy! That cloud wasn't there when we went in." He scratched his head, then reached for his grenade launcher. "Wanna go have a look?"

(Perhaps either the griffon or one of the Moon Motes run into them)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

"... I'm already getting a bad feeling about this," Silverpine remarked, rolling his eyes. He finally lowered his weapon though. If this Hay Bale wanted to attack, she'd already done so.

"I don't believe we would even have time for this as you are basically proposing that we leave and travel who knows how long to a destination we're, as my crew, are unsure of,"
    Gearstride said, not mentioning the guests that would be left behind or (yet) the plans already set up for today/night.
    ============================================

Das West Gates

Idle Chat heaved and hoe'd as he helped the ballista team load their heavy bolts. The earth pony was bruised head to hoof, cuts across his tuckered body, but he had a task to do, and gosh darn it, even if he had to will it, and all that roh roh fight da powah stuff.

"Oh..ow...hnnngh..."
    The small stallion dragged a bolt and heaved it into one of the ballistas. "Come on team...we can't let these evil doers take our town..!" It was ready.
    ---

Silent Snow let out a hacking cough as he picked up his halberd and stumbled away from the gates. The large, white stallion, clad in his battered armor from head to hoof was still going strong despite the bruises, burns, and lacerations along his exposed bits.

All the Big Macintosh-sized stallion could think about was how he to protect his home at all costs. He would not let the enemy get the better of him like so many months ago. His leg was never the same since those injuries, but despite that, he of course would still go on. He awaited his captain's orders for the infantry such as him.
    Last edited by Benson; 2014-01-21 at 05:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't believe we would even have time for this as you are basically proposing that we leave and travel who knows how long to a destination we're, as my crew, are unsure of,"
    Gearstride said, not mentioning the guests that would be left behind or (yet) the plans already set up for today/night.
    So you don't go into space, you don't shoot your stowaways, and you don't know where the house of arguably one of the richest ponies in Equestria is located. Hay Bale pouted. Worst. Space Pirates. Ever.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-01-21 at 01:27 PM.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawnstrider/Mountain Bloom - Guardhouse Interior

Aside from Dawnstrider's heavy hoofsteps, the duo proceeds in silence. Bloom keeps her aim trained high, low, around, above, and virtually anywhere except at her companion. Whether because she feels he has his own space covered or she doesn't trust herself not to shoot him isn't quite clear.

Regardless, he leads them down a familiar path towards the jail cells, a course that Bloom doesn't comment on.

How Mask and the others react to the imposing 'dark lord' crossing their path sometime soon, well...that remains to be seen, now doesn't it?

Spoiler
    Show
    Just posting a reminder here that Zaros looks and carries himself like he belongs on Team Evil 100%. Make of this what you will.

---

Sunshine - Clinic Interior, Pantry

The good doctor, his left flank facing his new opponents, raises the buckler attached to his left forehoof, allowing it to connect with the flying threat. He glances at the unconscious nurse, then the 'sisters', his expression only slipping to vaguely disappointed.

"Well. I'm...sorry. I really, truly am. For both of you, actually. It's a pity. Of all the times, of all the places, of all the ponies..."

The light goes out in his eyes. His eyebrows lower and his lips move in the opposite direction they're used to. The light seems to be almost sucked out of the room towards him, and with a sound that can hardly be described as anything other than 'shimmering', a golden construct in the shape of plate mail encompasses his body. Fury still marring his expression, he taps his buckler, and it expands into a full golden targe in the shape of the sun.

"You ended up stuck in a room with ME."

---

Starbeam - Clinic Interior, Entrance

"Right. Better to start early, then."

Night Jewel concentrated her magic, feeling for a spot to link with the sphere.

"So how long will this take?"
    "Not long. Perhaps a few literal minutes."

Common folklore holds that the eyes are gateways to the soul. Practiced magicians know this is tomfoolery; it's a pony's magical essence that tells you the most about who they are. And if this is the case, it seems you're about to learn quite a bit about Starbeam. Whether this connection is two-way is, for now, unclear.

Once your magic makes contact with the sphere, it begins to suck you in with the ferocity of a gravity well, such that your physical hooves are nearly caught in the mix, your being shifting closer towards the unassuming violet orb. You hear Starbeam say Relax. Don't resist. but her lips don't move.

---

Raucous Reprisal - Western Wall, Top

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Thou Wall, O Wall, O Sweet and Lovely Wall]

Blueshield fired a red-tipped quarrel at the spot where enemy casters were most concentrated, intending to disrupt their shielding or at least distract them. She followed this up with another spray of shots around the same area.

Before she could fire again, however, the clouds moved in.

What in- Oh, they're ours! About time.

She took advantage of the cover provided to adjust one of her quarrels, waited until she had another clear shot at a dangerous-looking group, then fired. This one had a red tip as well.

"The plan? Target casters and other dangerous targets. Disrupt formations when you can. And, most importantly, avoid dying."
    She laughs. "I'm good at two of those three things!"

Nearby, an earth pony and a unicorn run to the top of the ramparts and slide to a stop next to Raucous and Blueshield. Notably, now that the actual battlefield is in sight, Gutter begins averting her eyes. Steel has no such compunction, and is already firing at the trenches. Now that he can actually see his targets, the rain of wood is much more accurate, still curving in graceful arcs courtesy of mathematics.

"I don't think we're going to blow through whatever shield they have over there. I hope the LT has a plan."

"A shame she decided that she needed a much lower elevation. I might have written her a list of advisable places to set that shield of hers." In the process of drawing an arrow, he looks at it curiously and frowns. "Private Flame, I hasten to note that my arrows are no longer engulfed in your trademark conflagrations."

"Aye, jess gimmie a minute..." Far from appearing exhausted, if anything, she simply looks queasy. "It's just, why're we fightin' this lot, again?"

---

Coconut/Boon - Western Wall Bottom

Sinking the final shattered blade deep into the ram, Boon takes a moment to look up over their cover. An arrow flies by and nicks his ear, but he doesn't seem to notice. "Uhhh...LT?"

"Yes, Joyous, what-?" Coconut follows suit and spots the golems. "Ah. Hm."

"Wow, I haven't seen anything like this since Basic."

"No time to waste, then. We'll need to disrupt them ASAP. Push an end - how good are you at running and fighting?"
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

23. - Top - End - #53
    Firbolg in the Playground

Forest

Staccata, having snuck forward into some place most ponies shouldn't be, is keeping extra sure not to snap any twigs (even though that always happens when it shouldn't... and the fact the battle would cover it up). For funsies, let's say she happens across a scene with an injured captain.

Not having all the information, the rogue keeps to the shadows to observe. Her dagger can be drawn quickly but is not currently grasped. Shiny metal things may bring attention.

Sniper Cloud

The griffon running into anypony would be quite a feat. He's stuck on the cloud with only one good wing. Plus flapping the cloud along would probably hurt like hell aggravating that entire muscle group.

For now he's still firing tawnee-fletched arrows into attackers that appear important.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #54

Shell cocked his own ears, listening intently to the sounds of the town for a few moments. "... aye. That sounds like... arrows?" He turns to look towards western side, only to find the entire walls and gates shrouded in misty clouds. "... oy! That cloud wasn't there when we went in." He scratched his head, then reached for his grenade launcher. "Wanna go have a look?"

(Perhaps either the griffon or one of the Moon Motes run into them)
    "Arrows, ey? Let's go, then, I'll follow tha sound a yer hooves." She said, motioning him on in a random direction. She cricked her neck for a second, before pulling out a big red homemade firecracker to stuff between her teeth, readying herself for whatever might come.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    "Arrows, ey? Let's go, then, I'll follow tha sound a yer hooves." She said, motioning him on in a random direction. She cricked her neck for a second, before pulling out a big red homemade firecracker to stuff between her teeth, readying herself for whatever might come.
    Homemade firecrackers. It'd seem the two had a very strong affinity for explosives of all kind. Shell Shock nodded, almost as a reflex, even though his companion wouldn't be able to see it, and turned to trot towards the sounds of battles, which seemed to be growing steadily more intense.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

So you don't go into space, you don't shoot your stowaways, and you don't know where the house of arguably one of the richest ponies in Equestria is located. Hay Bale pouted. Worst. Space Pirates. Ever.
    "Uh, beggin' your pardon, Miss?" Sandy peeped up from the radio again. "If'n you don't mindsh me askin', how'd you get here? What if we justsh...went th' same way you did?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, beggin' your pardon, Miss?" Sandy peeped up from the radio again. "If'n you don't mindsh me askin', how'd you get here? What if we justsh...went th' same way you did?"
    I broke in through the fourth wall. You'd probably go crazy. Hay Bale lied (she had no idea how she'd gotten there). Though if you're not willing to divert course I doubt we're anywhere near Balboa's mansion...
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-01-22 at 02:16 PM.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

[The Gates]

Cookie immediately found herself dealing with an explosion right in the middle of her main force, then four crossbow bolts flying straight at her backside and face while she cast her spell. One of them had a blue tip and trailed bits of ice, promising a swift and cold demise should it strike.

Apparently, in a dark area, lighting up your horn and standing around to focus on powerful spells made you a prime target for sensible archers, and ignoring high explosives was not actually that bright an idea.

It was "think fast or die" time.

~

Blueshield took a moment to watch her shots streak toward her target, then turned her attention back to the ponies around her.

"They are willing to kill their own to succeed. That should be all the reason you need." Drat it, they're going to be making zebra jokes about that. "Now, if you please, reduce the philosophical debates and emphasize ensuring our continued survival."

[Ze Cleeneec]

Night Jewel did her best not to get sidetracked by the sudden second-person narration. She let the magic draw her closer, closer...

Her ears perked up. A sound had come from one of the nearby doors.

She resisted the urge to back out, knowing that disrupting the spell at this point could be dangerous. However, she was clearly still anxious "Starbeam... I don't know if we have a few minutes..."
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2014-01-25 at 06:19 AM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

I broke in through the fourth wall. You'd probably go crazy. Hay Bale lied (she had no idea how she'd gotten there). Though if you're not willing to divert course I doubt we're anywhere near Balboa's mansion...
    Sandy paused. "...I could getsh her up an' ready t'fly Cap'n. So longsh as we don't pull anythin' fancy, we could make a short flight there." And I could get time t'sober up he silently added. "It'd be milesh easier than findin' a unicorn t'teleport ush."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, I am not willing to divert our course, unfortunately we still have some...issues and concerns that we must deal with first, however--

Sandy paused. "...I could getsh her up an' ready t'fly Cap'n. So longsh as we don't pull anythin' fancy, we could make a short flight there." And I could get time t'sober up he silently added. "It'd be milesh easier than findin' a unicorn t'teleport ush."

"That isn't a bad thought....teleportin that is....that would be more...better if found a way....also....I'm considerin having A.I.D.A go with you Shores, to watch over you."
    Gearstride said tapping her chin.