New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] The Trotting Dead-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XVI

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "You really oughtn't belittle yourself, it starts to look like you have no confidence in yourself," Balboa stated and then sighed.
    "Yessir," Sandy replied submissively, looking down at his hooves. "What sorta statue would y'like? I'm afraid I don't have much in th' way of rates, so I ain't too familiar with standard costs. I-I could do some...er, digging..." he mumbled.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Woodland Road to Bridle Shores]

Luck is a funny thing. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's bad. And sometimes, it's just odd.

"GIMME BACK MAH HAT!!"

Case in point. One moment a pegasus lands in the woods to make a campfire and cook some lunch. The next, the stack of wood he's trying to light turns into an angry wolf monster that wants to eat his face. Or, as luck would have it, his hat.

With a feral growl, the Timberwolf tried to jump away, only to be tackled into the bushes by a brown pegasus sporting a few scars, his handsome features twisted in a scowl of annoyance. "C'mere ya varmint!" he snapped, hooves smacking on bark as he tried to pummel the beast into submission. The forest entity managed to twist and writhe out from under him, and quickly leaped back to put some distance between them. A battered black desperado hat dangled limply from its wooden jaws, and mischievous malice burned in its emerald eyes.

Cold blue eyes glared back, as the pegasus reached for the weapon slung over his shoulder and between his wings. "Alright, you asked fer it," he growled, his voice gruff and sporting a very distinct Badlands accent, marking him clearly as hailing from the Equestrian south. "Time for me ta turn ya into kindlin'!"

And with that, the pegasus unslung a scoped crossbow, leveled it with the Timberwolf, and fired a heavy bolt point blank into the creature...

...only for the Timberwolf to totally not care. If anything, it gave him a flat, rather unimpressed look as the bolt lodged itself firmly in the creature's chest and accomplished absolutely nothing.

"...oooooh riiiiiight," the pegasus slowly nodded. "Wooden bolt. Wooden monster. Pointless. Makes sense..." he mused.

The two briefly stared flatly at each other for a moment...

...before the pegasus lunged at the surprised Timberwolf with a feral snarl, repeatedly smacking it with the stock of his crossbow. "GIMME! BACK! MAH! HAT!" Each word was accompanied with a violent smack, creating a cloud of dust, bark, and splintered wood. Soon the Timberwolf lay shattered and destroyed, at least for the time being, and with a tired sigh and a proud smirk, the pony reclaimed his hat and set it back upon his head. "Heh, glad that's over..."

A low growl alerted the pegasus to the presence of several more Timberwolves, which looked none to happy to see their friend (briefly) pulverized.

The pony's ears pinned back, and he frowned in disgruntled annoyance. "Oh gimme a break..." grumbled Lucky Break, as he hefted his crossbow and prepared to gather firewood the hard way.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Summer Tea bounded over for a few more shot glasses. "Alright, do you wanna go first? Though I'm game heheh."

Melon Squeezed looked up from her magazine and glanced at the entrance to the foyer with an annoyed look. "Ugh...where is that damn Peachy? She had one task and she's taking forever." She grumbled.

====

"You really oughtn't belittle yourself, it starts to look like you have no confidence in yourself,"
    Balboa stated and then sighed.
    Hay Bale took the now-empty shot glass away from her mouth. Sorry, what?
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Balboa's Estate in Canterlot

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Hay Bale took the now-empty shot glass away from her mouth. Sorry, what?
    Melon Squeeze glanced over at the two and rolled her eyes at their antics. She then sighed and rubbed a temple with a hoof.

"Had Peachy and whatsherface Berry go fetch Mister Shag, probably meandering about, uuuh."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Yessir," Sandy replied submissively, looking down at his hooves. "What sorta statue would y'like? I'm afraid I don't have much in th' way of rates, so I ain't too familiar with standard costs. I-I could do some...er, digging..." he mumbled.

"Well a statue of me of course,"
    He said as he did a little regal pose and then wet all Blue Steel for the cameras. The girls giggled and practiced their own Blue Steels in the background. "Money is no problem for whatever it may cost."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Balboa's Estate in Canterlot

Melon Squeeze glanced over at the two and rolled her eyes at their antics. She then sighed and rubbed a temple with a hoof.

"Had Peachy and whatsherface Berry go fetch Mister Shag, probably meandering about, uuuh."
    Oh, they're with Balboa right now, actually. He wanted me to come see what they were inviting him for. She poured herself another glass. He's talking with a guest right now, he can't come yet.

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

<and with some permission for certain things from Lycan>

A winged shadow would pass over Lucky and the timberwolves from up above and then disappear. Again it would appear though this time in front of a low sun causing the figure itself to be shadowed. Though despite the detailless shape, it was clearly one of a griffon. It then climbed up as something....no three somethings were dropped from the griffon as they fell towards the timberwolves who were dead set upon Lucky.

Bang! Bang! Bang-Baboooooooooom!

The sound of dynamite sounded around him causing the timberwolves to burst into splinter as rocks, dirt and twigs just flew everywhere, some knocking into Lucky though he himself would be caught on the fringes of the blasts and most likely just stunned silly and swirl eyed.

"Hoooooooweeeeeeeeee that was a biggun' heheheh,"
    The griffon swooped down next to the derp eyed Lucky and sported a wide beaky grin on her face. "Oh that was so awesome hahahahah!" The griffoness sported an ecru colored coat with a steely black armor chest piece. Her wings were a taupe grey color, in which the tips of her head feathers matched her wings, and her eyes a steely blue. Slung over her back appeared to be a clockwork rifle of some sort and at her waist, sheathed, what looked to be a machete. The griffon then casually with one talon, grabbed Lucky's hat and placed it neatly on her head. "Ooooh I look good dontcha think? Hahah!" And with her other talon she scooped him and brought him close. Personal space is for chumps.

"Ain't that just one of the purtiest sights ya ever did see?"
    With a swooping gesture of her free talon, she well, gestured to the timberwolves.

======

Oh, they're with Balboa right now, actually. He wanted me to come see what they were inviting him for. She poured herself another glass. He's talking with a guest right now, he can't come yet.
    There was a slight annoyed grunt from Melon, though for the most part she kept herself fairly composed. "Well I had them try to get an audience since we had something to talk about with him, altogether."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

[Woodlands, probably close to Bridle Shores]

"Shortcut, she said. It'd save t-time she said," the brown unicorn muttered under her breath, as she continued to run ahead into the thick undergrowth. The fact that she was carrying two different saddlebags didn't even slow her, such was her fear. Her dusky red eyes flitted left and right, scanning frantically for any sign of the predators currently on their trail. Alas, even with the light spell, she couldn't anything out past her muzzle. "B-Bitter, we probably s-should hurry," she whined, glancing back to her companion.

No answer. And no sight of her friend either. The shadowy eaves of the trees stared silently back.

"B-Bits?" The mare fearfully called out again, slowing her speed, looking frantically for any sign of her companion. "Bitter Herb?" The unicorn gulped, as realisation dawned. "O-Oh no..." The snarling and howling only got louder.

Pulp Fiction was entirely alone. With a pack of timberwolves on her trail. This really wasn't going to be her day.

She started running.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-07-18 at 12:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Woodland Road]

Lucky managed to avoid the first blast. The second staggered him slightly. The third sent him cartwheeling through the air like a feathery ragdoll. The pegasus ended up landing in a crumpled heap, eyes swirling and tongue lolling out. When the griffoness grabs Lucky, he offers no resistance. In fact, he just kinda flops around limply in her grasp, eyes still swirling in stunned disorientation. "Yuh-huh," he nods along, clearly spaced out and dazed. "Purty. Purty bird-lady. Griffons are so purty. My head hurts," he babbles with a slight slur.

My, isn't he forward?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

"Tell me something I ain't knowin already heheh,"
    The griffoness continued to grin as she surveyed the mess. She puffed her feathery chest with a sense of pride. One confirmed nod later she glanced at the derped Lucky.

"I saved your life, ya old me it now."
    Because that is totally how it works, cough.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Hospital - Third Floor

The moment after Sure Strike's hooves push down, when there's a tiny gap between her and the falling room, Star strikes. She moves the force field encasing the bed into a thin, flat floor separating the empty space above from the new level below. It leaves Bumble downstairs with the pegasus and Starbeam's doppelganger, and Sure Strike upstairs with Snowstorm.

I'll provide the distraction. She sends to Night Jewel. If you think you can disable her by using that to your advantage, do it. Don't sacrifice a victory for evasion, either; that inertial barrier won't take away the pain, but the knives aren't going to kill you.

Hospital - Second Floor

The Starbeam clone produces a flash and teleports herself between Bumble and the debris where the pegasus and her bed now rest. With a low hum, she summons two violet discs that expand into airborne spinning razors. She throws them forward, their weaponry tossing up gusts of wind as they pass.

Hospital - Third Floor

Alighting on top of the new barrier between the battlefields, Snowstorm pauses to take measure of her opponent. She exhales, her wings flare out, and the temperature drops roughly sixty degrees as ice coats her chest and forelegs. "You can go ahead and pretend I spouted the cliche of your choice."

Gates

Raucous and Steel keep firing. Raucous has speed, Steel has accuracy.

Guardhouse - First Floor

Operating under the assumption that his compatriot is better with one-on-one confrontations than fighting a crowd, Dawnstrider turns in a full circle, knocking the halberd aside while building momentum to swing at the approaching melee combatants. He takes the moment bought by this wild charge to position himself firmly and low to the ground, then goes about his engagement, picking off ponies to either side of him rather than those in the middle, presenting the rude quandary to the archers as to whether its worth the good chance of hitting their allies to get to such a small, moving target.

Mountain Bloom takes a step back, nocks and arrow, and fires. That her opponent is so large likely renders her prodigious aim nigh-pointless, but she doesn't take any chances - neck shots, straight at the gap between helmet and chestplate, larger than the skull but precise enough to be lethal.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Tell me something I ain't knowin already heheh,"
    The griffoness continued to grin as she surveyed the mess. She puffed her feathery chest with a sense of pride. One confirmed nod later she glanced at the derped Lucky.

"I saved your life, ya old me it now."
    Because that is totally how it works, cough.
    Lucky continues to be limply ragdolled around in the griffon's grasp, though he slowly returns to his senses. "Saved life... owe it... right... sure... whatever..." he grumbles blearily, slowly trying to blink his eyes back into focus. "Where's m'hat?" he mumbles mostly to himself, clearly disoriented. Most ponies would realize he needs to rest or get medical attention.

The griffon is likely not like most ponies.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

There was a slight annoyed grunt from Melon, though for the most part she kept herself fairly composed. "Well I had them try to get an audience since we had something to talk about with him, altogether."
    I'll be sure to let him know when I go back. Now, can I get a parting (body) shot? Hay Bale stuck her tongue out and poured some salt on her neck.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

"Well a statue of me of course,"
    He said as he did a little regal pose and then wet all Blue Steel for the cameras. The girls giggled and practiced their own Blue Steels in the background. "Money is no problem for whatever it may cost."
    Sandy stood frozen, rather overwhelmed by the enormity of it all. "Well, er, I-I'll need a few pictures t'base it off of," he rattled off. With no other idea on how to respond, facts were a simple comfort. "I-I wouldn't want t'waste your time with modelin', a-an' I can get a good idea of shape with one from th' top an' a few from each side. Price is...um, er, I-I'll get back t'you on price when I figure that out."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Woodland Road

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post

Lucky continues to be limply ragdolled around in the griffon's grasp, though he slowly returns to his senses. "Saved life... owe it... right... sure... whatever..." he grumbles blearily, slowly trying to blink his eyes back into focus. "Where's m'hat?" he mumbles mostly to himself, clearly disoriented. Most ponies would realize he needs to rest or get medical attention.

The griffon is likely not like most ponies.

"On mah head, making me look quite the flank kicker,"
    She grinned still and eventually dropped Lucky from her hold. "Name's Gwendolyn by the way, griffon extraordinaire and all around bad arse."
    ====

Balboa's Canterlot Estate

I'll be sure to let him know when I go back. Now, can I get a parting (body) shot? Hay Bale stuck her tongue out and poured some salt on her neck.
    Melon rolled her eyes, however, Summer was more than happy to oblige. She quickly sidled up to Hay Bale's side with a shot of whiskey. "Ready and willing." She grinned.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy stood frozen, rather overwhelmed by the enormity of it all. "Well, er, I-I'll need a few pictures t'base it off of," he rattled off. With no other idea on how to respond, facts were a simple comfort. "I-I wouldn't want t'waste your time with modelin', a-an' I can get a good idea of shape with one from th' top an' a few from each side. Price is...um, er, I-I'll get back t'you on price when I figure that out."
    "Oooh....I wouldn't mind spending some time modeling for ya hun for a sculpture~" Peachy purred as she struck a seductress pose. Balboa chuckled and casually smooched her cheek and then looked at Sandy.

"Well then, I suppose we have ourselves a deal eh Mister Shores?"
    Balboa stuck out his hoof to shake as he lazily smiled.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    [Woodlands, probably close to Bridle Shores]

"Shortcut, she said. It'd save t-time she said," the brown unicorn muttered under her breath, as she continued to run ahead into the thick undergrowth. The fact that she was carrying two different saddlebags didn't even slow her, such was her fear. Her dusky red eyes flitted left and right, scanning frantically for any sign of the predators currently on their trail. Alas, even with the light spell, she couldn't anything out past her muzzle. "B-Bitter, we probably s-should hurry," she whined, glancing back to her companion.

No answer. And no sight of her friend either. The shadowy eaves of the trees stared silently back.

"B-Bits?" The mare fearfully called out again, slowing her speed, looking frantically for any sign of her companion. "Bitter Herb?" The unicorn gulped, as realisation dawned. "O-Oh no..." The snarling and howling only got louder.

Pulp Fiction was entirely alone. With a pack of timberwolves on her trail. This really wasn't going to be her day.

She started running.
    Turns out Bitter had made the right decision by gradually slowing her stride. The timberwolves had made their decision leave the faster of the pair alone and dive for the other. Wrong choice on their part sadly, as the muscular pegasus soon revealed she was not going to be easy prey.

The first one to reach Bitter Herb gets quite a nasty surprise as the wooden claws meet a leg covered in metal that manages to just stop all it's momentum right there. The surprise continues as the rearing pony pulls another bit of fun from her bag of tricks and pushes the claw down at an angle that would be agonizing for a creature of flesh and blood. For now though, it's enough of a strain to let her pull back a hoof and smash right on through!

She hops up and spins in midair, her impressively large, and heavy, wings slapping against the poor things head to further knock it off balance. The victim of Bitter Herb starts to rise back up as she lands, only to have two hooves dig into it's neck and lift it with a snarled curse. Bitter wrenches the massive wolf of wood to the side and throws it into the onlooking crowd that had begun to circle around.

It lands in a heap, tangling itself in the limbs of the pack, with only one managing to escape and dive on the heavily breathing mare. It thought itself lucky as the mare seemed distracted, even taking her time to look around and curse to herself.

This was also a mistake it's face made contact with a skyblue hoof covered in steel and found itself being flipped onto it's back and then ripped from it's body.

Bitter tosses the head away with another snarl and gets galloping in the last direction she had seen her charge take, leaving the untangling pile of wolves to itself in her haste. "How in Luna's flank did I lose her again?" The mare takes a moment to adjust her silver-framed glasses before taking off in a full run again. "This has Manehatten written all over it..."

The pile of wolves manages to pull itself back together and get back to stalking their prey, while she seemed able to handle one at a time, they should still be able to nab one.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Melon rolled her eyes, however, Summer was more than happy to oblige. She quickly sidled up to Hay Bale's side with a shot of whiskey. "Ready and willing." She grinned.
    Hay Bale allowed her pheromones to wash over Summer as she placed a lime in her mouth. She then batted her eyelashes as the other mare, turning her neck a bit to expose the salt.

Come hither...

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Woodland Road

"On mah head, making me look quite the flank kicker,"
    She grinned still and eventually dropped Lucky from her hold. "Name's Gwendolyn by the way, griffon extraordinaire and all around bad arse."
    Lucky flops on the ground. "Weeeeee...." He rolls around a bit, still a bit dazed from the explosions and being swung around. "Miss Gweyndolyyyyn... Nice ta meet yaaaa... I'm Lucky Break... And heeeeey, yer arse don't look bad. At least not from here..." he mutters groggily from the ground, swirling eyes aimed in the general direction rump. "Or wuz you just sayin' that?"

Hopefully she takes that as a compliment, rather than giving him further cranial trauma.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Hay Bale allowed her pheromones to wash over Summer as she placed a lime in her mouth. She then batted her eyelashes as the other mare, turning her neck a bit to expose the salt.

Come hither...
    Strawberry flushed as she looked away from the scene. Melon gave Hay Bale an exasperated look and exaggeratedly rolled her eyes a second time, though for a moment her eyes lingered a while on her neck before she shook her head, looked away and preoccupied herself with her magazine.

Though for Summer, she was easily effected by the pheromones, plus she was bored initially and wanted to have a little fun to stave off the boredom, so there was no real effort there. Body shot shenanigans were had.

============
    Woodland Road

Lucky flops on the ground. "Weeeeee...." He rolls around a bit, still a bit dazed from the explosions and being swung around. "Miss Gweyndolyyyyn... Nice ta meet yaaaa... I'm Lucky Break... And heeeeey, yer arse don't look bad. At least not from here..." he mutters groggily from the ground, swirling eyes aimed in the general direction rump. "Or wuz you just sayin' that?"

Hopefully she takes that as a compliment, rather than giving him further cranial trauma.

"It is a perty nice one ain't it?"
    She grinned as she shook her rump for the fun of it. "Though hun, if ya keep starin I may have ta charge ya hahah." She then rustled through her bag and pulled out a flask. "Thirsty? It ain't water but it'll sure liven ya up hahah."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Wilderness Road]

"It is a perty nice one ain't it?"
    She grinned as she shook her rump for the fun of it. "Though hun, if ya keep starin I may have ta charge ya hahah." She then rustled through her bag and pulled out a flask. "Thirsty? It ain't water but it'll sure liven ya up hahah."
    Lucky finally comes back to his senses.

Just as Gwendolyn is shaking and flaunting her rump in front of him. The pegasus' eyes go wide, and his scarred face turns bright red. "Eep!" He gives a strangled little yelp of awkward horror, before flailing about a bit and rolling away. Or trying to roll away, as he manages to only scramble a few feet before slamming his back against a tree. "Ow!" he yelps, writhing in pain on the ground rather pathetically.

"Dammit! That-" he freezes, and grins sheepishly at the griffon. "Oops, language. Er, s-sorry miss. N-name's Lucky," he stammers awkwardly, trying to gather his wits and keep his eyes far away from the griffon's rump. "Y-you said somethin' about a drink?" Yes, topic change. Topic change despite booze being a bad thing to mix with cranial trauma.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

[Wilderness Road]

"I sure did say somethin' 'bout a drink,"
    She shook the flask in front of him as its contents sloshed about. She then opened the flask and took herself a quick swig and then handed it to Lucky. She grinned, closing her eyes tight and shook her head and made some sort of satisfied noise. "Oh it burns nicely down the throat heheh."
    Last edited by Benson; 2014-07-21 at 02:35 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

[Woodland Roads— Or thereabouts]

Pulp Fiction lost track of how long she had been bowling into the forest at full speed, having long lost any sense of direction. All she knew was that the howling was getting softer. She fervently hoped that meant Bitter was getting the upper hand, that she would be alright.

The unicorn eventually slowed to a tired canter, the burning in her legs beginning to make itself felt. Panting softly, she glanced backwards again, hoping for a glimpse of familiar sky-blue fur. No such luck. Sighing softly, Pulp turned her head forward, only to bump nose-first into a tree. A moving tree. A moving tree that had glowing green eyes and shaped like a wolf.

"Eeep!" she whimpered, her eyes going wide and scrambling backwards as the timberwolf growled, bright green eyes shining with malice. "N-Nice doggy..." she whispered, slowly backing away. Her pathetic attempts was met with an irritated roar, the foetid stench of swamp lands causing Pulp to gag and cough.

Tired of the game, the timberwolf pounced, the slavering beast intent on rending its prey to pieces, which so happened to be one Pulp Fiction. The mare let out a terrified yelp and raised her forehooves to cover her face, much good as that'd do. Yet even as her conscious self cowered, memories flickered alive subconsciously into Pulp's mind. Memories of her practising magic in self-defense in the not-too distant past in Trottingham. Instinctively, her horn flared and momentarily interspersed a magical barrier.

The timberwolf slammed into the barrier with a painful yelp, splinters of its face scattering to the ground. The barrier quickly dissipated as Pulp opened an eye, the unicorn dimly aware that she wasn't losing any limbs yet. A loud part of her addled mind screamed at her to escape, and escape she did, the unicorn scrambling to her feet and quickly sidestepping the stunned wolf and deeper into the forest.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-07-21 at 03:05 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Wilderness Road]

The flustered pegasus accepts the flask with one of his wings, and knocks back a shot like a champ. He lets out a small sigh, before offering the flask back to the griffon. "Thanks. Nice choice. Good burn, but not too overwhelmin' an' properly compliments the favor..." he muses thoughtfully.

"So, uh," he shrugs, "What didja say yer name was? Gwendolyn, right?" He then takes a look around. "Where's my-" He then notices his hat on her head, and smiles awkwardly. "Oh. Uh. May I have that back, please?"

[Bridle Shores - Dive vs Prose]

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    [Dive Bomb]

The Captain takes stock of his situation for a moment while keeping his focus on the slippery batpony before him. Missing wing, leaking all over, half-blind, and all I've done so far is create a disturbance. Dive sighs and raises his remaining eyebrow as a crazed semblance of a smirk crosses his face. That and get his attention.

"Not that dumb, Prose."

"... It is Purple Prose, right?" States the injured pony as he regains his composure, mind working towards a way out... or at least a way to continue his eternal service. "Retired Shadowbolt, intelligence area, and recognizable by both the missing eye and the very... flowery speech." He flexes his good wing, at least that still worked well enough. Legs were still working well enough, no broken bones to speak of. "Also noted in a few corners of Equestria as a pony to talk to if you want information from an enemy of the kingdom."

"But that's not important, what's important is that it really doesn't matter if I surrender or not, all that matters is if I keep you here." The pony cracks his neck and despite the wounds, the missing wing, the metal cooling on half his face, and the fact he'd been running around most of the day with burns, he looks just as menacing as when he was bringing down a ball of flame upon the town.

The odd thing to notice in the light of the fire is that the Captain isn't bleeding much at all, his damn wings off, he should be bleeding all over the place!
    Prose just stands back and watches, expression impassive and eye narrowed at the blathering pegasus. He doesn't move a muscle, simply standing there with a neutral stance and stoic look on his face as he listens to Dive Bomb reveal everything there is to know about him.

Well, maybe not everything.

"So if you want to know what I do, you'll have to do a lot better than ripping out a wing!" He ends with a shout before moving to close the distance, moving far too spry for one who had just lost a wing, for one who was poisoned, burned, and slapped with liquid metal.

Just what in Tartarus is going on here?
    "Okay," Prose shrugs aloofly as Dive lunges to close the distance.

He then gives a small kick with his hooves, throwing himself airborne, before reaching down, grabbing the quarrel of crossbow bolts strapped to his side...

...and flinging the quarrel's contents right into Dive Bomb's face.

It should be noted that the poisoning Dive experienced in the day resulted from one poisoned bolt slightly grazing him.

He's now being smacked in the face and neck with over a dozen of these pointy little crossbow bolts, each one covered in a fine layer of tetrodotoxin. Presumably, several of the bolts should draw blood, and even a few small nicks should be enough to send his body into shock from the toxins suddenly filling his systems.

And if that doesn't do the job, Prose follows it up with a lightning fast kick to the throat, just below the jaw, aiming to completely crush and collapse his windpipe and leave it impossible, or at least extremely difficult, for him to breath.

Presumably, Dive collapses to the dirt in a coughing, convulsing pile of feathers and blood. Prose lands next to him, and stares down with a faint frown. No snarky comment or pithy observation. Just a silent frown and a cold, cold stare, watching to make sure Drive stays down for the count.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2014-07-21 at 03:15 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

[Wilderness Road]

The flustered pegasus accepts the flask with one of his wings, and knocks back a shot like a champ. He lets out a small sigh, before offering the flask back to the griffon. "Thanks. Nice choice. Good burn, but not too overwhelmin' an' properly compliments the favor..." he muses thoughtfully.

"So, uh," he shrugs, "What didja say yer name was? Gwendolyn, right?" He then takes a look around. "Where's my-" He then notices his hat on her head, and smiles awkwardly. "Oh. Uh. May I have that back, please?"

"Your hat? I dunno...it looks mighty fine on me hehe,"
    Gwendolyn smirked as she gingerly ran the tips of her talon along the brim. She then struck a pose, tilting her head down, talons still on the brim. "Here's lookin at you kid." She said all dramatically. She then lifted the hat up with one swoop causing it to fly into the air, she then caught it and placed it neatly on Lucky's head.

"By the way since it looks yer head cleared up a bit, as a reminder, I saved yer life, so ya owe me,"
    Grin.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Wilderness Road]

Lucky smirks wryly as Gwendolyn flaunts his hat. "Indeed, it does look good on ya, but I believe I wear it better since it matches my getup." Once he gets the hat back, he adjusts it a bit with a wry snicker. "Thank ya."

Then she mentions some sort of debt. "Er, wut?" Lucky tilts his head uncertainly. "Saved my life? All I remember was a bit explosion then lots of ringin' bells and you blabberin' at me. In fact I'm pretty sure yer the one who blew me up," he frowns.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

[Wilderness Road]

"If I blew ya up, ya would be pieces like them timberwolves ya goof,"
    She shook her head. "Those timberwolves were a'ready ta gobble ya up all nice like, but of course, I the amaaaaaazing Gwen, bad arse griffon extraordinaire, saved the day, oh yeeeeaaa."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Wilderness Road]

"If I blew ya up, ya would be pieces like them timberwolves ya goof,"
    She shook her head. "Those timberwolves were a'ready ta gobble ya up all nice like, but of course, I the amaaaaaazing Gwen, bad arse griffon extraordinaire, saved the day, oh yeeeeaaa."
    The roguish pegasus gives her a flat look, his scarred expression deadpan. After a moment of silence, though, Lucky gives a small snicker, and rolls his eyes in amusement. "Fair enough, I s'ppose. So, Miss Amazin' Gwen, how might I go about payin' ya back fer savin' my life from them oh-so-terrible Timberwolves?" he asks with a wry smirk. "Since I apparently owe ya despite the ringin' ears and killer headache I'm sportin' right now..."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

[Wilderness Road]

"Eeeh, I'll figure that out as I go along, so, Lucky boy, what brings ya to these road less traveled for good reasons? Didja git looooooost?"
    She sing-sang teased.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Wilderness Road]

Lucky gives the griffon a dour frown, before harumphing and turning to start trotting down the road. "Actually, I'm headin' fer Bridle Shores. Figured I might be able ta find some work in town. Got tired of the Badlands, and thought I'd try my luck further up north in greener pastures an' whatnot. Plus, y'know, nice change of scenery. So no," he rolls his eyes, "I did not get lost."

A small pause.

"Uh, which way is it to Bridle Shores from here?" he deadpans.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

[Wilderness Road]

Lucky gives the griffon a dour frown, before harumphing and turning to start trotting down the road. "Actually, I'm headin' fer Bridle Shores. Figured I might be able ta find some work in town. Got tired of the Badlands, and thought I'd try my luck further up north in greener pastures an' whatnot. Plus, y'know, nice change of scenery. So no," he rolls his eyes, "I did not get lost."

A small pause.

"Uh, which way is it to Bridle Shores from here?" he deadpans.

"Uuuhhh..."
    Gwen looked around with her beak open. "Wait a minute, you're a pegasus, why don't we just fly?" She then grinned and jumped up as her large grey-ish wing fanned out as she began to flap and lift herself up to the tree tops.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Balboa's Canterlot Estate

"Oooh....I wouldn't mind spending some time modeling for ya hun for a sculpture~" Peachy purred as she struck a seductress pose. Balboa chuckled and casually smooched her cheek and then looked at Sandy.

"Well then, I suppose we have ourselves a deal eh Mister Shores?"
    Balboa stuck out his hoof to shake as he lazily smiled.
    Sandy flushed a deep red and strove to look at the stallion in front of him instead of the posing mare. "Ah, uh, I-I'll see what I can do a-after Mister Balboa's sculpture i-if that's alright. Er, which is t'say, s-sir..."

He gulped nervously, steeled himself, and shook the offered hoof. "I-I'll do what I can."