New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1461
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mythos Inspired Homebrew Discussion

Here are the two mythos that build off of Fundament Invoking Behest. I also include Fundament Invoking Behest partly as it wasn't posted in this thread, and partly as an official* 'this is fantastic now, not exceptional'. I'm kinda iffy on just how powerful this would make the summoned minions, especially with Rallying Convocation and Mobilization of Motes.

I was going to wait until I finished the exceptional Water/Grapple/Trip(?) mythos I've been toying with, but that hasn't gone anywhere.

Fantastic
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fundament Invoking Behest
    [External][Variable]
    You gain the Summon Elemental feat, ignoring prerequisites. You are treated as having a conjuration (summoning) spell available to cast equal to {(1+Kathados level+ 1/2 Other HD)/2}.

Vanguard of the Primeval Intercession
    You are considered two levels higher for the purpose of determining what level of conjuration (summoning) spell you have available. Additionally, you can have an additional elemental out for each manifestation of this mythos you possess.

Basic

Miles Before We Go To Sleep: The duration of the prerequisite mythos is increased tenfold.

Rallying Convocation: When summoning an elemental with the prerequisite of this mythos as a standard action, you can summon an additional elemental identical to the first summoned elemental.

Mobilization of Motes: As a swift action, you can summon a small elemental. This elemental counts against the number of elementals you can have out. This elemental must be summoned within 30 ft of you. The elemental summoned can not benefit from Fundament Epitome Insistence.

Beacon to the Primal Essence: Elementals created by the prerequisite of this mythos can be summoned within and can go up to a short range (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels) from you. This manifestation can be take a second time to increase the above to medium range (100 ft + 10 ft per level).

Herald of the Raging Squall: You can use the prerequisite of this mythos to summon storm elementals in addition to the quartet of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth.

Fundament Epitome Insistence
    You are considered to be one level higher when determining what level of conjuration (summoning) spell you have available. In addition, elementals summoned by the prerequisite of this mythos have two more hitdice. When you gain access to a new tier of mythos, increase the number of hitdice granted by this mythos by one. If hitdice granted by this mythos would advance the elemental enough that it would increase in size, the size is not increased. Nor does the elemental gain any special qualities or additional attacks from increasing its hitdice this way. Feats gained through these hitdice are chosen from the list of feats possessed by the next largest elemental. If you somehow take all of that list and need more feats, any further feats are taken from the fighter bonus feat list.

Basic

Epitome of Purity: The Strength, Constitution, and Dexterity of the summoned elemental are all increased by 2. This mythos can be taken a second time when you possess the capability to learn Legendary mythos to increase the bonus to 4.

Epitome of Enthusiasm: The movement speed(s) of the summoned elemental are increased by 15 ft.

Epitome of Fidelity: You can apply one class C astral construct option to the elemental. Fire Elementals can not gain Swim and Earth or Water Elementals can not gain Fly.

Epitome of Fury: Summoned elementals gain a bonus to hit and damage equal to the elemental's hit dice.

*For values of official that do not include actually being 'official' parts of the Kathados.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vauron View Post
    I was going to wait until I finished the exceptional Water/Grapple/Trip(?) mythos I've been toying with, but that hasn't gone anywhere.
    I feel like there's room for an all-elements grapple Mythos. A Kathodos should be able to Ice Hug Guillotine...

Spoiler
    Show

...and Sand Coffin people.

Spoiler
    Show

An Air "Force Choke" grapple and Fire "You Are Very Persistently On Fire" grapple would finish the elemental cycle.

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone here is interested in 5th edition.

3. - Top - End - #1263

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Please no, we all have enough trouble finishing Mythos things for 3.X

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1949 View Post
    Please no, we all have enough trouble finishing Mythos things for 3.X
    I didn't necessarily mean for homebrewing. The core books aren't even out yet. I just mean in general.

Not to mention, it appears as if 5e has much lower power and scope than 3.5, less power disparity between classes, less reliance on magic items, and fewer knobs and dials to fiddle with. As such, the whole Mythos concept appears, to me, to have little place there.

5. - Top - End - #1265

I feel like there's room for an all-elements grapple Mythos. A Kathodos should be able to Ice Hug Guillotine...

Spoiler
    Show

...and Sand Coffin people.

Spoiler
    Show

An Air "Force Choke" grapple and Fire "You Are Very Persistently On Fire" grapple would finish the elemental cycle.
    While you have a point about letting other elements grapple, I originally conceived it when looking back over Septentrional Surging Strike. I wanted to throw up similar mythos for the other elements. Grapple seemed like it would fit water really, really, well. Water also had a number of things to reference or draw on such as riptides, eddies, undertows, whirlpools, and wakes. Understand that this would be largely an internal mythos, with at most the same level of dramatics as the +INT air mythos. Considering my notes were mostly in the vein of 'Improved Grapple + hard to escape + grapple based on DEX + extra damage? + considered bigger?', I didn't see any need for multiple elements in that mythos. Additionally, the closest official equivalent to SSS or the theoretical water/grapple mythos would be the fire/thrown mythos, which seemed to set a precedent for being largely mono-element.

I did intend to at some point make a mythos that would basically be 'all natural/unarmed attacks are flaming + fire shield + ???', though I never got around to making it, which is vaguely like what you suggest for fire. Actually, it fits the idea of bringing the Prison of Fire spell from the Dominions* series to DnD, though grappling at range is not really something I'm confident balancing.

I had the vague idea of giving each of the elements some/one/iunno of the various combat options. I ran into the issue of only having Sunder, Trip, Feint, Grapple, and Disarm left. Grapple really jumped out as water, while Trip jumped out as part of grappling. While I can find spots for the other options, nothing ever really stood out. Sunder particularly had the problem of destroying loot. I did have a vague idea of tacking Sunder onto a crafting mythos, but I'm like the artilleryman from War of the Worlds and get very little done.

On an unrelated note, do you think something like the Stoneskin spell or natural armor fit better for an exceptional 'skin of earth' mythos? Either seem appropriate, though I am starting to get worried with all the defensive buffs I keep making. I haven't posted many of them, as I feel they are not very well made, but I keep thinking that having the Kathados be really hard to hurt is fine and appropriate, but I might have gone overkill. For instance, a net AC of DEXx2+INTx3+4+10 would be quite possible with the mythos I've been tinkering with, to say nothing of rider effects like damaging the enemy, sundering the enemy weapon, or disarming the enemy. That'd all be exceptional stuff, mind you.

On a completely unrelated tangent, I've been contemplating adding more things from Magic for high level stuff. Specifically, I was thinking mostly of auras as a way of buffing allies. Chiefly I was thinking of patterning them based off of the Umbras. For those unaware, basically as long as an umbra is equipped to you, you get buffs, such as a new ability like flight, along with being generally stronger. What sets Umbras apart is that if the equipped monster would die, you instead remove an Umbra and the monster stays alive. Maybe sorta like "Trout Umbra: +2 Dex +swim speed+waterbreathing, If your life would be reduced below 0, set your hp equal to your HD and remove Trout Umbra" could work.

*One of my influences when making mythos. If you look at the manifestations on the air/ranged attack mythos I made, all of them are names of spells from that series. Prison of Fire hits a bunch of enemies and they get immobilized. A morale check must be made to attempt to break free, and you suffer fire damage from trying to get out, though sitting still and not doing anything keeps you from taking damage. Most human troops can't survive the attempt, though giants often will.

Fakeedit: Haven't looked at 5e at all yet.

6. - Top - End - #1266

I can't just 100% yet... but 5E probably isn't for me... doesn't have that same 'AWESOME' feeling as before.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'll probably yet again stick to 3.5, but I'm hoping to try it out, at least. The stuff in the playtest packets looked decent enough, but I didn't actually get to playtest with my group.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Bugbear in the Playground

Much like this project, interest is all I have. 4e ultimately fell flat, the rest of the group refuses Third/Pathfinder and they're also being stupid enough to reject Next based on the Basic Rules, and I believe I've mentioned this before, but my interest kills PbP's. So if I actually get to play anything it's either going to be 4e or not D&D.

9. - Top - End - #1269

NecromancerGuy

so im back from a short break, and I'm wondering exactly how many mythos of each level is recommended to start of with?

also as it is the only thing I can think of at the moment that is preventing me from posting Kreikiri Version 1.0 is the character banner necessary?, I know it would be preferable, but I cant find a good source of images or figure out how to check copyrights.

iv also had time to test out the creature creation rules for the class and hears a stat block for a creature, I am wondering weather it looks reasonable for what went in to it. it uses 20 of the point system the process uses, + what I randomly rolled from the creatures it was based from (two bandits) along with 150(ish)GP for basic equipment (seems reasonable), resulting in this:

Creature 1 AKA blinky
    Spoiler
    Show
    N Medium monstrous humanoid
    Init +5; Senses Perception +5. Darkvision 60ft

DEFENSE
    AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+2 shield. +1dexterity. +5 armour)
    hp 16 (2d10+6)
    Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3

OFFENSE
    Speed
    20 ft (30ft without armour).
    Melee. Bite +3 (d4+1), claw -2 (d6+0)
    Ranged. Crossbow +3 (d8)

STATISTICS
    Str
    12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10

Base Atk +2; CMB +3 (+4 for bulrush, +5 for grapple); CMD +4 (+6 vs bulrush and trip)
    Feats. improved initiative
    Skills. Perception +5, intimidate +5, climb +6.
    Languages. common
    Equipment. Heavy steel shield. Scale mail. Light crossbow. Bolts (50). Silk rope (200ft)

A simple handyman type creature equipped with basic tools and designed to be able to reasonably interact with humanoid society. It has a standard human body structure (some versions are covered in surgical scars or sutures, while others seem more 'natural' in form) and its main points of divergence are the talons on one of its arms and the fact its head is a single bloodshot eye with a small vertical mouth positioned underneath.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2014-07-23 at 07:34 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

10. - Top - End - #1270

Whilst I remember, I'm just going leave a comment/opinion here. For Steel Avalanche Style, the Ambidextrous Razor Wrath advanced manifestation is much. MUCH stronger than the other two, especially at the later levels.

Honestly, the other two feel much more like Basic Manifestations to me...

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    so im back from a short break, and I'm wondering exactly how many mythos of each level is recommended to start of with?

also as it is the only thing I can think of at the moment that is preventing me from posting Kreikiri Version 1.0 is the character banner necessary?, I know it would be preferable, but I cant find a good source of images or figure out how to check copyrights.

iv also had time to test out the creature creation rules for the class and hears a stat block for a creature, I am wondering weather it looks reasonable for what went in to it. it uses 20 of the point system the process uses, + what I randomly rolled from the creatures it was based from (two bandits) along with 150(ish)GP for basic equipment (seems reasonable), resulting in this:

Creature 1 AKA blinky
    Spoiler
    Show
    N Medium monstrous humanoid
    Init +5; Senses Perception +5. Darkvision 60ft

DEFENSE
    AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+2 shield. +1dexterity. +5 armour)
    hp 16 (2d10+6)
    Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +3

OFFENSE
    Speed
    20 ft (30ft without armour).
    Melee. Bite +3 (d4+1), claw -2 (d6+0)
    Ranged. Crossbow +3 (d8)

STATISTICS
    Str
    12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 10

Base Atk +2; CMB +3 (+4 for bulrush, +5 for grapple); CMD +4 (+6 vs bulrush and trip)
    Feats. improved initiative
    Skills. Perception +5, intimidate +5, climb +6.
    Languages. common
    Equipment. Heavy steel shield. Scale mail. Light crossbow. Bolts (50). Silk rope (200ft)

A simple handyman type creature equipped with basic tools and designed to be able to reasonably interact with humanoid society. It has a standard human body structure (some versions are covered in surgical scars or sutures, while others seem more 'natural' in form) and its main points of divergence are the talons on one of its arms and the fact its head is a single bloodshot eye with a small vertical mouth positioned underneath.
    If you don't want/can't make a sweet banner, I could help you out. The Banner isn't neccesary, but It makes a good attention grabber, I feel.

12. - Top - End - #1272

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    Absolute minimum would be four Exceptional Mythos, three Fantastic and Legendary Mythos each, and two Exalted Mythos to be playable from 1-20. There should also be fourteen Excellencies, but Excellencies that can be taken more than once count toward that, so it's not as hard.

Of course, then there's no choice of which Mythos you pick and it's just the order that matters.

Personally, I wouldn't submit a class without having at least six Exceptional Mythos and four each of Fantastic and Legendary Mythos, though I'd push for more.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

13. - Top - End - #1273

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Absolute minimum would be four Exceptional Mythos, three Fantastic and Legendary Mythos each, and two Exalted Mythos to be playable from 1-20. There should also be fourteen Excellencies, but Excellencies that can be taken more than once count toward that, so it's not as hard.

Of course, then there's no choice of which Mythos you pick and it's just the order that matters.

Personally, I wouldn't submit a class without having at least six Exceptional Mythos and four each of Fantastic and Legendary Mythos, though I'd push for more.
    Someone remembers my math-crunching! Yay!

14. - Top - End - #1274

Uh, well. We'll go with that if it makes you happy. I don't think I've seen it, though.

I would be interested in seeing that/those post(s), though, if you know where I can find them.

Never mind, I was too curious not to google it. Found it!
    Last edited by Temotei; 2014-07-25 at 06:08 PM.
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1275

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 7th son of sons View Post
    If you don't want/can't make a sweet banner, I could help you out. The Banner isn't neccesary, but It makes a good attention grabber, I feel.
    if you could you'd be a great help, il post the characters to use below. Warning that the one from the webcomic is a rater NSFW source in points, and also even almost made my stomach churn in parts (and let me tell you that's an achevement). If you need to find it I used a site called 'mangahere', don't think I can post a direct link. just a heads-up.

Kraven the hunter (marvel comics)
    any image that is in a more 'modern' level of detail will do, i.e not the relay old stuff

Fran (Franken Fran webcomic)
    if you can get a suitable mid-surgery pic that'd be great, but any will do

Necromrphs (dead space video game)
    preferably a rather mutated, but still recognizably human one, or a brethren moon

Cell (dragan ball Z anime)
    any form is good

Alex mercer (prototype video game)
    with blade or claws in use would be preferable but any weapon works

Kroot (warhammer 40k setting)
    no real comments for a specific pic here

The borg (star trek)
    plenty of mechanical bits for the pic, or a more humanoid one if you feel the banner is already a tad monster-full

The thing (movie)
    the thing (pun not intended) that pops out of the guys rib cage in the deflbulation scene in the original. that is all.

and again thank you for your time and effort if you don't mind working on the banner.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

16. - Top - End - #1276

I actually compiled as much info from the thread pertaining to the creation of mythos classes as I was able to find in my cursory read-through. It's all just pasted into a word document, so I can't be certain where it all comes from. I would like to note, however, that none of it is my original writing.

Spoiler: Mythos Guidelines
    Show
    I define Play-Ready as the following:
    • Able to be played, without dipping or multiclassing, from levels 1 to 20
    • Has enough Mythos available so as to get one whenever the table says you gain one
    • Has enough Excellencies that you would gain one whenever the table says you gain one
    • AT LEAST one "Shintai", or game-changing Mythos, at Legendary rank

Note that these requirements do not specify the ability to purchase Mythos, Manifestations, or excellencies, as that ability is not strictly necessary in order to play the class. As such, here are the numbers:

Exceptional: 4
    Fantastic: 3
    Legendary: 3 (AT LEAST one of which must be a Shintai)
    Exalted: 2
    Excellencies: 14

• Exceptional Mythos are things that awesome people do. They're the bread and butter of the class, where you put building blocks for later Fantastic and Legendary Mythos, and also where you put interesting, fluffy asides, such as the Sacrosanct Blood-Titan Idol Adoption.
    • Fantastic Mythos are things that superheroes and supervillains do. They often grant serious, large-scale effects on the world around their bearer, though most of them are still limited to the immediate area. You could take over a kingdom pretty trivially, but you're still a ways away from having "take over the world" written on your character sheet. Think the Humanity-Reaving Psychosis Echo.
    • Legendary Mythos are things that elevate you above what most people consider conceptually reasonable - in sensible stories, you're relegated to "plot device" for fear of what you might do to the rest of the script. You are by definition an important player in the campaign world, and Legendary Mythos should back that up. This is also where Shintai Mythos come into play, which actually change the way you play the character, representing a fundamental transition from individual character into archetype.
    • Exalted Mythos are capstones.They are more awesome than the stuff I just described. In Mythos-land, these are the things that make the highest, oldest gods what they are. The laws of physics exist because a dozen or so people with Exalted Mythos got together and said so. So really, go nuts, you won't break anything at level 19 and 20.
    • Excellencies are the things that awesome people do, but that don't get space in the headlines. A Teramach is good at running and jumping, but no one tells stories about it. An Olethrofex is a master of esoteric knowledge skills, but I wouldn't ask someone to get that and not Clad In Broken Hopes And Stolen Dreams. They aren't necessarily weak - Obstreperous Shell-Cracking Mien says hello - but they don't steal the show like Mythos are supposed to. This is where you most likely want to put any necessary math fixes, since the class you create will probably want to do something at some point that doesn't jive with D&D's generic assumptions.

And a piece of general advice on Mythos: a Mythos class follows no logic but its own. Logic is a function of physics, and Mythic powers are older than physics, so they've got a grandfather clause. The only reason low-level Mythic characters don't wreck the world too badly is because they haven't tapped into their line-item veto on reality hard enough. Yet.

Also, I've come up with a good rule of thumb on making a Mythos Class (one with 8 characters on the banner): There should be, at minimum, one unambiguously GOOD character and one unambiguously EVIL character as examples. That way, it becomes more obvious that a Legend need not be a hero or a villain despite their abilities; to use an example, both Nicol Bolas and Harry Dresden on the Kathados, or Pinkie Pie and the Lord of Chaos Undivided on the Epicurean. The list goes on: AKU and Corvus, Link and Sephiroth, Kamina and Ragyo, et cetera... Long story short, a Mythic character should be able to be both a savior and a destroyer, a hero and a villain. That's just my opinion, though.

I hope having it all together in one place will help.

17. - Top - End - #1277

SwashbucklerGuy

Wait... so unless I'm mistaken the Bellator still lacks a Shintai Mythos...

Hmmm...interesting...

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
    Wait... so unless I'm mistaken the Bellator still lacks a Shintai Mythos...

Hmmm...interesting...
    So does the Kathodos...

I think that Xefas had plans for a 'Living Weapon Shintai' for the Bellator and some kind of 'Sojourner Shintai' for the Kathodos? That's all I got.

Also, I made two Exalted/Secret Ingredient-inspired Mythos for the Bellator. They're on the database (database, database), but I'll post them here.

Spoiler: Summoning the Loyal Steel
    Show
    [Exceptional]
    Prerequisite: The Quick Draw feat.

A Bellator may set aside their weapons for a time, but a life of peace can never be their fate.

As a move action, you may draw a weapon that you own and have used to inflict damage in battle. You then banish it to the immaterial. It isn’t in the Material Plane, the Astral, or any other strata of the cosmos. It is simply… elsewhere. Your weapon cannot be stolen, detected, or damaged while it is elsewhere. You may only have one weapon elsewhere at any given time.

At any time, you may draw your weapon directly from this other. This is a free action, and it places the weapon directly in your hand.

This Mythos may only affect objects deliberately created as melee weapons.

Basic
    Call the Blade: Once per round, as a free action, you may call any weapon you own to your hand. If the weapon is within (10 ft per Bellator level), and a flight path exists between it and your hand, it flies unerringly to into your grasp. This action may be taken even when it is not your turn, or when other effects would prevent you from taking actions (such as the Stunned condition).

Flickering Elsewhere Strike: You gain Hidden Blade (CS) as a bonus skill trick. You can use Hidden Blade an unlimited number of times per encounter. A weapon stored elsewhere counts as a concealed weapon for purposes of this skill trick, save that it is still only a free action to summon.

In addition, Iaijutsu Focus becomes a class skill for you and you gain Skill Focus (Iaijutsu Focus) as a bonus feat.

Spoiler: Thousand Arms Prana
    Show
    [Exalted]
    Prerequisite:
    The ‘Summoning the Loyal Steel’ Exceptional Mythos.

With a full-round action, you may store (½ of your Bellator level) weapons elsewhere, including ranged weapons and shields. This Mythos is stackable infinitely; a Bellator can have as many weapons stored elsewhere as he wishes. In order to summon a specific weapon, you must spend a move action concentrating, which causes the summoned weapon to drop to the ground at your feet. You may also uses Mythos such as Summoning the Loyal Steel to draw your weapons from elsewhere.

As a standard action, the Bellator may release their grip on their weapons, causing them to fall in a circle (10 ft per Bellator level) in diameter. Her weapons do not immediately become tangible, but rather they glow with ghostly blue-white flames, and though they appear to be embedded within the scenery, they can neither be grasped nor moved by anyone but the Bellator for one hour, after which the flames disperse and the weaponry rejoins existence. Should she activate Thousand Arms Prana before the hour’s end, she may instantly banish her emblazoned weaponry with a thought if she chooses, or may otherwise sheath new weaponry elsewhere. If the Bellator grasps an emblazoned weapon at any point before the hour ends, the weapon immediately re-enters existence with the Brilliant Energy property. It still does not become tangible to others until the hour has passed.

Should the Bellator die while using this Mythos, her weapons do not spring from elsewhere, but rather float through the pocket-space of not-here, individual weapons falling to the Material Plane and other planes across (½ of the late Bellator’s level).

Advanced
    My Body Is Made Of Infinite Swords: You are no longer a mere mortal. Something has happened to you to make you… transcendent. Your arsenal of conjured weapons becomes just as much a part of you as your mind or your heart.

You gain all the immunities of the Construct type. (Re-printed here for your convenience)
    • Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
    • Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
    • Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).)

In addition, you gain DR X/- and Fast Healing X, where X is equal to half your character level.

Opening the Gate of Babylon: With a simple gesture you may summon hand-sized spatial distortions that function as one-way portals to the elsewhere where your arsenal is stored. These distortions can take the form of doors, small ring-shaped portals, or ripples in the air - it varies from Bellator to Bellator. Through these portals come your weapons, flying blade-first towards whichever foe you designate. Treat this attack as a melee attack for purposes of the attack and damage rolls, though it has a 50 ft range increment. These attacks may be used interchangeably with normal attacks on a full attack, Strike maneuvers, or attacks of opportunity. Weapons launched in this manner are treated as having the Brilliant Energy property.

In addition, you gain Manyshot and Greater Manyshot (XPH) as bonus feats. Your conjured weapons count as arrows for the purposes of these feats.

If one of your attacks misses, that weapon embeds itself in the ground, becoming intangible for one hour as per the normal effects of Thousand Arms Prana.

19. - Top - End - #1279

SwashbucklerGuy

Falling Stars Style (name pending)
    Spoiler: Falling Stars Style
    Show
    [Exceptional]
    Prerequisite: -

You gain Throw Anything as a bonus feat.

Double the range increment of any thrown weapon you wield - apply this calculation last, after any feats or abilities that modify the range increments of your thrown weapons. Furthermore, you may treat the maximum range of a thrown weapon as 10 range increments.

Finally, you may impose a -2 penalty to have all thrown weapons you throw return back to you at the end of the attack. Weapons that return to your hand may be instantly re-sheathed as a free action.

Basic

Strength in Arms: Gain the Brutal Throw as a bonus feat.

All in the Wrist: When throwing light weapons, add your Dex Mod to damage rolls, in addition to Strength.

Advanced

Bee Stinging Throw: Gain Power Throw as a bonus feat. Attacks made with thrown weapons that you wield in two hands double the bonus on damage rolls granted by the Power Throw feat. Your maximum range with thrown weapons increases by a number of range increments equal to your Strength modifier.

Floating Butterfly Volley: Gain the Rapid Shot as a bonus feat. When throwing light weapons, half all penalties that are applied to your attack rolls, rounded down. In addition, ignore all range penalties to attack rolls when attacking more than 1 increment away.

So this is the Thrown Weapons Mythos for the Bellator class. I made this class to appeal to Str based characters that wanted to add a ranged option to their main weapon, or Dex based characters that really want to depend on Throwing as much as they can.

Name is pending and wording might need to be revised. What does everyone think?
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2014-07-26 at 12:22 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1280

What is Shintai exactly?

Oh, and I think the throwing Mythos? I think that's a bit too much, increases the range significantly, gives you the option of having very powerful throws, or quick, accurate throws for no cost, significantly increasing the damage. AND grants you automatic returning. Honestly, that comes across as more of a Fantastic Mythos... but that might just be me.

21. - Top - End - #1281

SwashbucklerGuy

I see your concerns about returning....well it's an option to do so with a penalty attached. Should I increase the penalty to -4? And add the stipulation - weapons that miss don't get returned to your hand?

Note that ammunition by RAW is destroyed upon use, so this wouldn't affect that.

This part of the Mythos was to allow a Level 1 Bellator to pick up, let's say, Undeniable Impact Style and Falling Star Style to have both a Ranged and Melee option, without having to fear throwing your weapon away.

Also the range would normally come out to be like 10 ft -> 20 ft. Then with 10 range increments, it goes to about 200 ft. The average longbow has a range increment of 100 ft, so it's not really that much. That's what I had in mind when I made the Mythos - are thrown weapons normally not 10 ft. range? If so, please tell me and I'll modify the math a bit.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestfury View Post
    What is Shintai exactly?

Oh, and I think the throwing Mythos? I think that's a bit too much, increases the range significantly, gives you the option of having very powerful throws, or quick, accurate throws for no cost, significantly increasing the damage. AND grants you automatic returning. Honestly, that comes across as more of a Fantastic Mythos... but that might just be me.
    Shintai, literally, are a construct of Shinto mythology. They are the vessels in which Kami reside, abeit only temporarily.

In this nifty little system, Shintai represent a stripe of Mythos that directly alters the Anthol who takes them. Untamed Apocalypse Shintai, for instance, puts the Teramach into a rage that never ends. Angel of Death Shintai, for the Olethrofex, makes them unable to end lives before their time is up. These stipulations aren't all bad, though. They just change the way that you play the character in a very fundamental sense.

I still really don't know how to make them, though.

23. - Top - End - #1283

Huh... yeah. Not exactly something that's easy to make.

24. - Top - End - #1284

Sorry for the double post, but I've got two questions concerning mythos, and I didn't want to wait for someone else to post before asking them.

1. First and foremost, who would you say would play the role as the Devil/Ultimate bad guy in the mythos lore? I know that a Monster From Beyond was mentioned when binders were brought up, and he seems like he would be large evil guy, but is there anyone else?

2. Is anyone willing to GM a, ah... crazy Epic power game, where people must play one of the mythos classes, and the campaign is to kill the evil as mentioned above? Admittedly, my ideas and possibilities for such a campaign expand beyond that... so if anyone is interested, can they PM me so we can discuss what the rules will actually be?

25. - Top - End - #1285

As far as I know, there isn't an explicit villain. Every story has a good guy and a bad guy, but those change depending on who is telling it. Being as the entities described in this subsystem are essentially walking narratives, the same would seem to apply here; though some are certainly more villainous than others. That said, I believe it is implied that the entities of the far realm want to end reality, so you could say they are the endgame boss. Not exactly something you can feasibly kill though.

26. - Top - End - #1286

Not something you can feasibly kill in a normal game no, but what I'm suggesting is far from a normal game.

27. - Top - End - #1287

SwashbucklerGuy

Well at that level, it's kind of hard to conceptualize what you're talking about

The Titans were the first beings to...well Be. They were the first to conceptualize the ideals of story and narrative and even time and space.

The Far Realm is incomprehensible not only because it represents madness, but a primordial soup of chaos and non-beingness. I mean....what is there even to kill?

Now the Gods on the other hand...

The Gods were the upstarts. They wanted to create a strict world and they fought the Titans for control over it. They defeated the Titans and hoisted the Great Wheel upon their bodies.

So maybe the PCs inherit the Mythos and decide that maybe they should be the upstarts this time...and remake the world in their image?
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2014-07-27 at 01:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1288

The Far Realm is incomprehensible not only because it represents madness, but a primordial soup of chaos and non-beingness. I mean....what is there even to kill?

The far realms isn't empty though, it has numerous entities that though might not normally be killable, they can be vanquished, so the game could easily be about lessen a threat from the Far Realm, maybe one entity has become very, very powerful and is a threat to the Gods, but they can move though the Far Realm.

Now the Gods on the other hand...

The Gods were the upstarts. They wanted to create a strict world and they fought the Titans for control over it. They defeated the Titans and hoisted the Wheel upon their bodies.

So maybe the PCs inherit the Mythos and decide that maybe they should be the upstarts this time...and remake the world in their image?
    ... Yes, that is possible as well... but kinda makes the players power-hungry *******s to me and be deep in the neutral/evil alignment, or be the extreme type of 'good', so its not the type of game I'm looking for by a long way.

29. - Top - End - #1289

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestfury View Post

... Yes, that is possible as well... but kinda makes the players power-hungry *******s to me and be deep in the neutral/evil alignment, or be the extreme type of 'good', so its not the type of game I'm looking for by a long way.
    I've got something that I'm doing in my Mythos campaign. Although, if you are a player in my game, do NOT read this. Thank you...

Spoiler: I told you, don't read this if you're in my game!
    Show
    Pretty much every single god in my campaign is either uncaring, actively hostile, or has been corrupted by a fell power into being one of the first two. The plot, hopefully, is that the players will face off against the last group (who have been thrown to the Material Plane and given mortal forms, as well as becoming extremely weak compared to their old forms), destroy their mortal shells / purify them, collect their spiritual and deific energy, and finally use it to remove the remaining gods and ascend to become the new gods of the Pantheon, re-creating the other gods which they did not completely replace.

And honestly, Godkilling / Godhunting is only power-hungry and cruel if you're going by the internal (and flawed) logic that is the Ur-Priest, I.E. stealing from the Gods is objectively Evil as an act, even if the gods don't deserve the power.
    Last edited by Adam1949; 2014-07-27 at 02:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1290

... That works, but I really dislike idea like that. When there are Gods, there should be Gods, both good and bad, some corrupt, and others, to a degree. Pure. Some uncaring for their followers, other greatly interested in their followers. Having them just all be one over the other, or have one side win, is something that doesn't agree with me.