New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mythos Inspired Homebrew Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Why? Two out of three of those have organic, squishy parts to them, and possibly souls. Sounds like they'd work fine to me.

And I've made a few little changes to the Tagati (new name with African roots!) but I'm still looking for a quote from a character. All I've got now is “One never learns how the witch became wicked, or whether that was the right choice for her~is it ever the right choice? Does the devil ever struggle to be good again, or if so is he not a devil?” But it feels kinda... meh?

Here's the proposed thread title (which I do like) and new picture: “Never put your faith in a Prince. When you require a miracle, trust in a Witch.”

Spoiler
    Show

I'm messing around with a core ability for them, but it sounds a bit... wibbly wobbly (?) in my head. It's essentially a sort of alchemy that has changing effects based on the ingredients you use. Not regular ingredients of course, more like "the heart of a madman" or "brined cats paw", stuff you're not gonna find in some orcs backpack... most of the time. Each ingredient has different effects on the potion, but the very core of it (the Catalyst), governs what the potion DOES. This is also how poisons, poultices, and other magical liquids would be made.

Does that sounds too complicated?
    You could make the "exotic ingredients" Basic Manifestations of a Mythos that each have a special effect and require items that fit a certain criterion in some fashion, some items could fit the bill in simple and direct manners but making it clear that players are encouraged to make completely deranged interpretations simply to grab some random piece of crap from the sidewalk, such as the dry turd of a disgraced magnate and make a Potion of Shapechange out of it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ya see, that's the problem I'm having. I don't know if I want it to be straight up item creation, or a "Mythos in a bottle" type thing. Which sounds better to you guys, cuz I'm kinda stumped right now.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-01-10 at 07:40 PM.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Ya see, that's the problem I'm having. I don't know if I want it to be straight up item creation, or a "Mythos in a bottle" type thing. Which sounds better to you guys, cuz I'm kinda stumped right now.
    I would say make them not item creation as usual, just specific powers stored in a token that anyone can use if they get their hands on it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I would say make them not item creation as usual, just specific powers stored in a token that anyone can use if they get their hands on it.
    Hmmm... And that would help with the whole deal-making aspect of the class. It's pretty much exactly what Ursula did to Ariel. She gave her a Mythos, and had other Mythos that said "If a certain thing is not accomplished in a certain amount of time, the magic of this Mythos polymorphs the user into a pitful eel-thing useful for making alchemical substances."

Thank you Draken.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mmmm... What is that from?
    Visual novel called Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. It's about a group of normal humans trying to out-smart reality-warping 'witches'. Bernkastel is one of them, and is probably the cruelest of them all. The witches in that series are very heavy on the rules and on wordplay, so it might show some inspiration. The art in the original is atrocious, but the anime is meh. Oh well, whichever is the lesser of two evils.

Also, finally finished up the Dvati, and I have it in it's own thread now. Hopefully, from the advice of others, I've managed to make it actually decent as opposed to the pile of strange it was before.

6. - Top - End - #156

Alright, I got myself my first Mythos. And I'm not gonna lie, it seems like it does a lot by itself, even though much of it is in the Advanced Manifestations. Here you go:

Spoiler
    Show

See my later post for an updated version.

Cauldron Bubble would also create exotic ingredients after the target dies, but I need to figure out what those are first.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-01-11 at 03:43 PM.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, I got myself my first Mythos. And I'm not gonna lie, it seems like it does a lot by itself, even though much of it is in the Advanced Manifestations. Here you go:

Spoiler
    Show
    Boiling Corpse-Cauldron Catalyst:
    Prerequisites: 4 ranks in Craft (Alchemy)

The gods made so many mistakes when crafting their mortal children; the orcs are stupid, elves are frail, and humans aren't particularly good at anything. But in one facet of their construction, the gods outdid themselves: the liquids. Mortal bodies are filled with so many biles and secretions, making them playgrounds for any alchemist with the stomach to set the process in motion. Your blood, your black, foul, putrid blood, bestowed upon you by your Hag Mothers is all you need to tap into the secrets of these pitiful sacks of meat.

You gain the disturbing ability to turn dead bodies into complete alchemy labs by pouring a few drops of your blood in the corpses mouth. What follows, few have the stomach for; the corpse spasms, almost as if it means to rise up once again. The body bloats and swells, its stomach finally bursting with a sickening pop. The sludge left behind makes the perfect catalyst for any alchemical mixture imaginable, allowing the creation of poisons with Craft (Alchemy) at no penalty, and providing a bonus on all Craft (Alchemy) rolls equal to half your class level.

In addition, you gain Grenadier and Mad Alchemist as bonus feats, using your Intelligence modifier as the bonus on attack and damage rolls on the former.

Basic
    Double, Double: You produce twice as much when creating alchemical mixtures

Advanced
    Toil and Trouble: With a hiss and a whispered curse, you exude a pale green mist that infects your foes with doubt and weakness. You gain a 10-foot cone breath attack, rendering anyone within it Fatigued, and reduces movement per round by 10 feet; this effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier. The targets get a Will saving throw to resist this effect, the DC of which is (10 + 1/2 class level + Charisma Modifier). This attack can only be used once every 1d4 rounds.

Fire Burn: Your command of the dark power flowing through your veins has gifted you with the ability to set things ablaze with nothing but a hateful glare. You gain a gaze attack out to 60 feet that sets unattended objects on fire. With creatures you must roll a ranged touch attack with an attack bonus equal to your Charisma modifier; if the attack hits, the target immediately takes (1d6 + Charisma Modifier) damage and catches fire. Each round thereafter, the target must roll to put out the fire. Even when the fire is put out, the creature smokes for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier, blanketing an area 30 feet around them in a think smog that offers everyone within it 20% concealment. The ghostly embers continue to cling to the target, preventing them from benefiting from the concealment. This attack can only be used once every 1d4 rounds.

Cauldron Bubble: It is not befitting of a witch to be unprepared, so has each step led to the mastery of priming your cauldrons. You gain a melee touch attack that boils the targets blood, driving them into a terrible rage. This touch requires both a Will and Fortitude saving throw, at DCs of (10 + 1/2 class level + Charisma Modifier). If the targets fails the Will slave, then they are driven to a rage (as a barbarians rage), attacking the nearest creature other than the Tagati for the first round, than any other creature for the next (Charisma Modifier) rounds. If the target fails the Fortitude save, they take one Constitution damage, and another point of damage each round they fail their saving throw. If the target dies while their blood boils, they corpse bursts as though they were primed by Boiling Corpse-Cauldron Catalyst, and cuts all crafting times for items made with Craft (Alchemy) in half. If the target is suffering from the effects of Toil and Trouble, they take a -2 penalty to their Will save, while if the target is on fire or smoking as a result of Fire Burn, they take a -2 penalty to their Fortitude saves for as long as they retain either conditions. This attack can only be used once every 1d4 rounds.

Cauldron Bubble would also create exotic ingredients after the target dies, but I need to figure out what those are first.
    I am presuming that the non-mythos class features of the class deal with material costs, otherwise the Mythos needs to list how much gold worth of raw materials the corpses provide.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Behold.

The Archansin!

Spoiler
    Show
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I am presuming that the non-mythos class features of the class deal with material costs, otherwise the Mythos needs to list how much gold worth of raw materials the corpses provide.
    That's a good point... Need to think on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Behold.

The Archansin!

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, assimilation? Corruption? Alien intelligence/Hivemind? What's the thing in the bottom left?
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, oddly enough I'm also considering including the Borg, as the darker and more rational end to the spectrum for The Occasus. Not so much evolution and the endless advance, but certainly subduing one's enemies and making them friends... even if they don't talk much. XD

The opposite end of the spectrum? Madoka Kaname at the end, though I'm not sure how specific I can be without spoilers maybe? Definitely have Mythos just for her though.

If anyone has thoughts for individuals to add to my banner I'd appreciate it. Kinda stuck with Borg Queen and Madoka, maybe with a splash of TF2 Healer. I'm having a hard time pinning down actual characters. Definitely going to have to expand outside healing a bit, no doubt focus a little harder on the Paranoia.

Hmm... Paranoia Mythos idea. After being subjected to an effect with a subtype, gain a bonus to resist/save/etc that subtype and penalty to resist other subtypes in the same class. Examples would be Elemental Damage (hit by fire, +10 ER Fire, -5 ER others), Mind Affecting Effects (Fear, Charms, Dominates, Sleeps, Patterns), and maybe even Physical Damage to a lesser extent. Probably get to be too much bookkeeping though...

@PrimalFury: I think he's going for Evolution and Adaptation. Cause slivers. Just slivers. Dunno what lower left is though.
    Zerg, Bugs (Troopers?), Can't Tell, Borg
    Dunno, Xenomorphs, Slivers, Tyranids

6/8. The closest I've come to knowing the entire banner since the Teramach. XD
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Fifth image is the Flood Gravemind from Halo, no idea what the third one is.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #162

Oooooh, the Flood. That must be from one of the animated movies or something, no wonder I didn't recognize it. The third one is one of the things from Dead Space.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Mythic Warforged is proceeding. It's going to be a two-parter, since I cannot abide the existing [Warforged] body feats, so they must be rewritten. Rewritten so hard. And more, of course. Doing Adamantine, Mithril, Alchemical Gold, Blended Quartz, Starmetal, and Shadesteel bodies, with four options in chassis design each.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Bugs (Troopers?)
    Pretty sure that's a Brain Bug.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, You guys are good.

Kerrigan (Zerg), Brain Bug (Starship Troopers), Ubermorph (Dead Space), The Borg Queen (Star Trek), Gravemind (Halo/flood), Xenmorph Queen, Sliver Queen, And the Swarmlord (Tyranids).

Correct once again; Evolution and Adaption via The Swarm. For some reason, I've gotten into a Swarmy kick.
    It'll draw heavily from all of the above, and more often than not, the Mythos will enhance The Swarm rather than the Archansin.

It'll be Lix's Swarmlord on Mythos fueled Steriods.

Maybe should replace Gravemind with Wesker and Ubermorph with Altman, Thoughts?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #165

So there's nothing to do with assimilation here? Huh. Seems a shame since you're including the Borg, Tyranids, AND Zerg.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

So there's nothing to do with assimilation here? Huh. Seems a shame since you're including the Borg, Tyranids, AND Zerg.
    There's ALWAYS something to do with assimilation. How do you think the Archansin gets Mythos points?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #167

Ah. Good show, sir. Good show.

By the way, how is the Akastarepti coming?
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Good show, sir. Good show.

By the way, how is the Akastarepti coming?
    Currently 64ish% Done. Will post when 75%.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #169

Here's a finalized version of the Mythos. I added some gold costs, and more synergy with the Mad Alchemist feat.

Thoughts you guys?

Spoiler
    Show
    Boiling Corpse-Cauldron Catalyst:
    Prerequisites: 4 ranks in Craft (Alchemy)

The gods made so many mistakes when crafting their mortal children; orcs are stupid, elves are frail, and humans aren't particularly good at anything. But in one facet of their construction, the gods outdid themselves: the liquids. Mortal bodies are filled with so many biles and secretions, making them playgrounds for any alchemist with the stomach to set the process in motion. Your blood, your black, foul, putrid blood, bestowed upon you by your Hag Mothers is all you need to tap into the secrets of these pitiful sacks of meat.

You gain the disturbing ability to turn dead bodies into complete alchemy labs by pouring a few drops of your blood in the corpses mouth. What follows, few have the stomach for; the corpse spasms, almost as if it means to rise up once again. The body bloats and swells, its stomach finally bursting with a sickening pop. The sludge left behind makes the perfect catalyst for any alchemical mixture imaginable, allowing the creation of poisons with Craft (Alchemy) at no penalty, and providing a bonus on all Craft (Alchemy) rolls equal to half your class level.

As one might expect, the corpse's toughness in life is directly proportional to its alchemical usefulness in death; the liquids inside are worth a number of gold pieces in raw materials equal to (Constitution Score x 5).

In addition, you gain Grenadier and Mad Alchemist as bonus feats, using your Intelligence modifier as the bonus on attack and damage rolls on the former.

Advanced
    Double, Double: The leftover sludge in your corpse-cauldrons is particularly thick, yielding far more product than usual. You produce twice as much when creating alchemical mixtures and mythos with the [Alchemy] keyword. A witch worth her salt would never waste a potion, so she must find new ways to use them. You gain the ability to make larger area-of-effect attacks with alchemical weapons, such as acid flasks or alchemist's fire, by using more flasks in the process. You also gain the ability to greatly disorient enemies by using multiple thunderstones.

Spoiler: Acid and Alchemist's fire
    Show
    By using two flasks, you may attack a 10 ft radius, dealing an additional 1d6 damage, and 1 additional splash damage.

Once you reach 4th level, you can use three flasks to attack a 15 ft radius, dealing an additional 2d6 damage, and 2 additional splash damage.

Once you reach 8th level, you can use four flasks to attack a 20 ft radius, dealing an additional 3d6 damage, and 3 additional splash damage.

Once you reach 12th level, you can use six flasks to attack a 30 ft radius, dealing an additional 5d6 damage, and 5 additional splash damage.

Once you reach 16th level, you can use eight flasks to attack a 40 ft radius, dealing an additional 7d6 damage, and 7 additional splash damage.

The saving throw for all of these is Reflex based, with a DC of (10 + 1/2 class level + Intelligence Modifier); those who succeed halve the damage.

Spoiler: Thunderstones
    Show
    Coming Soon!

Toil and Trouble: With a hiss and a whispered curse, you exude a pale green mist that infects your foes with doubt and weakness. You gain a 10-foot cone breath attack, rendering anyone within it Shaken, and reducing their movement per round by 10 feet; this effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier. The targets get a Will saving throw to resist this effect, the DC of which is (10 + 1/2 class level + Charisma Modifier). If, while Shaken, the target fails their save against the Distracting Blast ability, they become Frightened. This attack can only be used once every 1d4 rounds.

Fire Burn: Your command of the dark power flowing through your veins has gifted you with the ability to set things ablaze with nothing but a hateful glare. You gain a gaze attack out to 60 feet that sets unattended objects on fire. With creatures you must roll a ranged touch attack with an attack bonus equal to your Charisma modifier; if the attack hits, the target immediately takes (1d6 + Charisma Modifier) damage and catches fire. Each round thereafter, the target must roll a Reflex save to put out the fire, or take 1d6 fire damage; if the target was covered in lantern oil or alchemist fire at the moment of attack, by way of Fiery Blaze, they instead take 2d6 fire damage for each round they fail to put out the fire. Even when the fire is put out, the creature smokes for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier, blanketing an area 30 feet around them in a think smog that offers everyone within it 20% concealment. The ghostly embers continue to cling to the target, preventing them from benefiting from the concealment. This attack can only be used once every 1d4 rounds.

Cauldron Bubble: It is unbecoming of a witch to be ill-prepared, so has each step led to the mastery of priming your cauldrons. You gain a melee touch attack that boils the targets blood, driving them into a terrible rage. This touch requires both a Will and Fortitude saving throw, at DCs of (10 + 1/2 class level + Charisma Modifier). If the targets fails the Will slave, then they are driven to a rage (as a barbarians rage), attacking the nearest creature other than the Tagati for the first round, than any other creature for the next (Charisma Modifier) rounds. If the target fails the Fortitude save, they take one Constitution damage, and another point of damage each round they fail their subsequent saving throws, for (Charisma Modifier) rounds, at which point the effect ends. Once the effects end, the target is Sickened for (Charisma Modifier) rounds; if they enter, or become adjacent to, a square of difficult terrain created by Tanglefoot Defense, they must make a Fortitude saving throw at DC (10 + 1/2 class level + Charisma Modifier), or be nauseated for the remainder. If the target dies while their blood boils, they corpse bursts as though they were primed by Boiling Corpse-Cauldron Catalyst, and cuts all crafting times for items made with Craft (Alchemy) in half. If the target is suffering from the effects of Toil and Trouble, they take a -2 penalty to their Will save, while if the target is on fire or smoking as a result of Fire Burn, they take a -2 penalty to their Fortitude saves for as long as they retain either condition. This attack can only be used once every 1d4 rounds.

I'm also thinking of adding another mythos that gives you the Energy Gestalt feat, though instead of spells, they apply to alchemical weapons. Throw and acid flask then alchemist's fire, BOOM, nausea.

Update: I'll be adding thunderstone stuff soon.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-01-12 at 12:41 AM.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

As a final note, there isn't much point to a basic manifestation that is all alone by itself and has no repurchase options.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #171

I don't understand.

EDIT: Oooooooh. I think I get it... Alright, I guess I just need to think of something for it to do as an Advanced Mythos.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-01-11 at 04:22 PM.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

5gp per point of Constitution Score or Modifier?

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

23. - Top - End - #173

Constitution Score, I'll clarify. And I've changed Double, Double.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok, heres a (VERY) preliminary draft at the Agona/Struggler that desperately needs some feedback, some of the ideas I've had for cool mythos aren't overtly powerful but do change a few paradigms (Coins edge understanding for instance) that I lack the experience to judge well and I haven't had nearly enough to research them extensively.

Spoiler
    Show
    THE AGONA
    "Destiny...destiny...destiny...destiny...SHUT THE HELL UP! How 'bout you save your high and mighty crap for after I've been haunted to death, skullface? Sacrifice? Offering? Destiny? Quit spoutin' out a bunch of cryptic explanations! The point is, this is war! It ain't different from any other war! The last one standing wins! Listen here! I'm beatin' all a' you back down to Hell! Tell those ugly pale-faced bastards for me! If I get hit, I will hit back! Tell 'em leavin' me half-eaten is gonna be the end of you! I'll hunt and kill all those wretched monsters...and all of you...DOWN TO THE LAST ONE! THIS IS...MY DECLARATION OF WAR!"

In a word Defiance. That is what defines the loose collection of souls that take up the mantle of Struggler, to a being they have looked at the world, at what reality itself tells them will be, MUST BE and they have uttered the words that will shake the very pillars of creation.
    NO.
    To be Struggler is to withstand the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, to make any enemy of all that exists and to carry on anyway, to gaze upon the face of God and spit out your bloody defiance across its cheek.

HD: 12
    Skill points: 4/level
    BAB: GOOD
    SAVES: ALL GOOD
    An AGONA is proficient in simple and martial weapons and in light, medium and heavy armour.

LOGOS: is in many ways the core of defiance that burns at their heart, it is their plea to themselves, that which defines them and it is the source of their power.
    A Struggler’s LOGOS is equal to their highest mental ability score modifier.

Breaking Water Understanding: Constant reaffirmation of the self through hardship and hate have expanded the limits of the Strugglers existence to the point where they are begin to transcend their limitations, becoming MORE than they once were.
    Effect: Pick the characters highest mental stat, this becomes their ‘prime’ stat or ‘Logos’ a part of their fundamental driving force.
    At first level add your LOGOS as an extraordinary bonus to all saves.
    At 5th level this bonus is added to attack and damage rolls

NOTE: The general idea is that the AGONA is powered as much by determination as physical ability and that LOGOS is something that applies to more and more effects as the class grows.

Mythos names:

Dragonslaying method: Gain the powerful build and natural heavy-weight traits.
    Advanced;

WEIGHT OF DEFIANCE: (Fluff regarding metaphysical weight)
    Effect: You count as one size category larger for the purposes of grapples, weapon damage and any/all effects in which exerting force comes into play so long as doing so would prove beneficial. This stacks with powerful build and any other increases in size, virtual or otherwise.
    Note this does NOT affect your reach.

Unshakable resolve: When focused on your LOGOS you become almost impossible to move without consent, though monsters charge and the oceans themselves batter ‘gainst your back you stand resolute.
    Effect: Add You class levels to opposed checks regarding grapples, bullrushes, trips and prolonged strength tests (i.e shoring up a collapsing support pillar with your body)

Advanced: Gain Steadfast determination as a bonus feat.

True Grit (need better name): To follow a dream, truly follow a dream is to make the world your enemy and what is fear of death compared to something like that?
    Effect: the Struggler becomes immune to natural and supernatural fear effects.

Coins edge Understanding:
    The Struggler is not bound to the rules of uncaring stars or pitiless Gods, snatching victory from the jaws of inevitable defeat.
    Effect: The Struggler cannot be trapped or affected without contest; when they would be affected by an attack or spell that does not allow a save the Struggler does, in fact get to resist, pitting their force of will and arms against the arbitrary laws that seek to bind them.
    (For spells use standard DC generation, for other effects use 10+HD of attackers initiator+ relevant ability bonus)
    Advanced:

The attacks of your foes come as a comfort, for why would they try so hard to end your advance if they did not fear the possibility of your victory?
    Effect: When you successfully resist a spell or other supernatural ability you regain a number of hitpoints equal to 10+spell/ effect level.

Last Man Standing Promise: You are staggeringly hard to kill, the endless well of your conviction forcing you onwards long after you should have fallen.
    Effect: Add your class level to you Con modifier for the purpose of determining hitpoints, this change is retroactive.

Advanced:
    Body of Iron, Soul of Steel:
    Your body and will have been forged by adversity, turning aside with ease those attacks that do not land with similar conviction.
    Effect: Gain DR x/- where X is equal to you LOGOS

(need name)
    Effect: Gain Spell resistance equal to 10+ levels in this class plus LOGOS. This can be dropped and resumed as a free action.

I SAY THEE NAY:
    Effect: This mythos can be used in response to an attack or effect that hits you, and completely negates it for you and for anyone else that would suffer its effects after you as you square your shoulders and beat it back. (Example if you are the 3rd creature hit by a Chain-lightning spell you and those after you would suffer no damage but the first 2 subjects would be affected normally)
    However the ability to overturn any attack is a costly one and you miss your next turn as you recover from this draining act of will.
    This mythos can be used multiple times in a single combat but to do so is incredibly draining, every usage beyond the first incurs 2 points of ability burn to both your LOGOS and you CON score.

FANTASTIC MYTHOS:
    Dragonslaying Instrument: Men call things Dragons, Demons, monsters to mark them out as special, to reassure themselves in their lot, men aren’t supposed to kill Dragons, that’s why they’re dragons.
    You Don’t have that luxury.
    Effect: Pick a weapon, any weapon can do from the finest sword forged by the greatest smith to the simplest stone driven through wood, all that matters is that you take it up with the desire to kill.
    So long as this weapon is in your hands attacks made by it ignore a Ghosts incorporeal nature and the damage reduction of outsiders.
    Advanced:
    Angel-slaying Panopoly: Creatures with the regeneration and fast healing abilities no longer benefit from them with regards to your attacks.
    GLORIOUS ATLAS METHOD: Choose one stat, upon purchasing this Excellency that stat gains a +2 enhancement bonus. This Excellency can be purchased multiple times, each purchase affecting a different stat.
    When you have at least 1 fantastic mythos you may purchase this Excellency again for each stat, increasing the enhancement bonus to +6

Broken Sword Improvisation: Take no penalties for using improvised weapons.

Dogged determination is no replacement for skill but it certainly helps.
    Effect: pick a class skill, you gain a competence bonus to all rolls with this skill equal to your class level.
    HORDE CLEARING FORM:
    When all stands in your way it becomes harder and harder to differentiate one foe from the next, you spare them no thought, no second glance as they fall and you move on to the next obstacle.
    Effect: Cleave and Great Cleave as Bonus feats.

Unflinching Determination:
    Effect: Gain Mettle.

Tireless wanderer:
    Effect: you become immune to fatigue and when you would normally become exhausted you are instead fatigued (You suffer the effects of being fatigued.) and you may go without sleep for a number of days without penalty equal to the sum of your LOGOS and you CON modifier.
    At 7th level you become immune to exhaustion as well and no longer need to sleep though you may do so if you desire.

I'm also thinking of including something like a Rage effect, a self triggered buff that represents the Agona pressing themselves beyond their bodies unconscious limits but am unsure how to stat this without stepping on the Teramach's toes.

Likewise a diplomacy or intimidation mythos, as the AGONA advances they become like a weight upon the rubber sheet pf reality, becoming impossible to ignore (for good or ill).

Honestly I just need some feedback on what people find appropriate in terms of power and scope. are these mythos too strong, too weak? Are they broad enough to count as Mythos at all?

25. - Top - End - #175

It's looking good to start with, Scerpico. Although, I agree with you in that it's a bit tough to make it different enough from the Teramach. If I'm going to be completely honest, though, it's different enough from The Monster by simple virtue of two things: it cares about at least one Mental attribute, and out of all the Physical ones Constitution seems like it'd be their highest, rather than Strength. I'm not too good at balance, though, and I don't claim to be very good at fluff or crunch either (as was seen by my constant fixing in regards to the Dvati and the Seneschal), but if I had to gather, I'd say that the Agona is a different enough beast from the Teramach to make it worthwhile.
    Do you have a banner for it yet? I find it makes it easier to help out, and to get new ideas, if you've got a visual aid.

Which reminds me, I'm putting a lot on my plate. Now, this next thing is almost definitely encroaching on the Olethrofex's territory, but for some reason I feel like that class needs a bit more arcana to it. That, and I got bored while listening to the music for a certain movie

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So, it's been a while. Has anyone made any progress they feel like sharing?
    vwelp. kudos to gurgleflep for the avwatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by GreaserFish View Post
    So, it's been a while. Has anyone made any progress they feel like sharing?
    My Uttercold Retributor prestige class for the Teramach, Kathodos and Olethrofex is finally complete. The voting thread for the contest is here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    "I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So the real question is, what is a Ling?

28. - Top - End - #178

I've got quite a few Mythos in the pipeline. As soon as I'm done figuring out the last effect of Swamp Hag's Surprise, I'm moving on to Blood-Freezing Cackle Defense, which is basically done, but just needs numbers. Then there's voodoo dolls, ghostly telekinesis, and death-tainted aspects of the natural elements.

The only problem I'm having is that I can't find a good... "Shoot-Bang" mythos; something that can serve as a core offensive ability. This is designed to be more of a "support" class, but everybody's gotta have shoot-bangs. I added Darth Sidious to the list of characters, so I'm thinking shooting lightning, but why? In addition to being awesome, it needs to make sense.

Oh! And I found an absolutely PERFECT quote too: "Myself? No. I have no desire to march through the streets with an axe or a hammer, meeting my foes in the flesh. My path is the far greater one. I shall meet them in spirit and crush them from afar, devouring them by the hundreds and the thousands. Soon, all that was promised me shall be mine, and then Doomhammer will be as nothing against me. Even the might of the Horde will pale before me, and I shall stretch out my hand and wipe this world clean, to remake it in my own image!" Gul'dan - World of Warcraft
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-01-19 at 12:38 PM.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Work on the Occasus has been slow because I've been caught up in playing FTL like a madman lately. Great little game, especially with the many many mods the community has come up with. Playing as an Arwing or the Enterprise is amusing as hell.
    I need to actually get the chassis finished and write up a few Mythos so I can actually get it posted as so far its all mainly placeholders. Pretty sure I had some work that was lost to an unexpected system restart at one point too, so that sucks.

In other news, has anyone considered putting together a Mythos Brew game here on giants to see how things go (ie, 1 Teramach, 1 Olethrofex, 1 Kathodos)? If they have, how did it go? If not, anyone know a DM willing to start one up? Probably level 7 because I know the Kathodos doesn't have Exalted and only one Legendary.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I just remembered that I was wondering on how to work a roguish variant of the Teramach the other day. One of my preexisting characters espoused the utility of violence and looked upon its proper application as a sort of skeleton key to solving any situation one might find oneself needing to solve. He happened to be a rogue, but his preferred tactics were less in the 'Sneak around and stab them in the back' category and more along the lines of 'Vault over them and then stab them in the back while they're caught off guard'. With his mindset, I can very easily see him being a manifestation of the Monster, but the Teramach doesn't really fit his personal style of violence. Any thoughts on the matter?
    vwelp. kudos to gurgleflep for the avwatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."