New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mythos Inspired Homebrew Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    EDIT: Oh okay. I'm not very familiar with Wakfu, so I didn't know what your first character did.
    I watched the first season, and I think it's worth a watch. Spoiler for off-topic tangent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ending turned me off to watching the second season, but it might be good as well. I honestly don't know.

It does suffer from the all-too-common Anime trope of "Every character is incredibly interesting except for the main character". You have this hilarious, greedy old veteran/retired adventurer, the errant druid prophet/princess destined to save her kingdom from impending genocide (along with her loyal, quirky bodyguard), the dense but well-meaning knight that has forsworn his own spiritual needs to carry the burden of a demonic relic that will eventually corrupt and devour him, and... random kid with no personality or motivation who does nothing and doesn't matter and only exists as a living macguffin.

At the very least, I didn't find the main character annoying. He isn't Tidus. He doesn't ruin the story he exists in just by existing. I'd go so far as to say he's mildly endearing. But, I would've probably enjoyed the series more if Yugo was replaced by an especially puissant chair, or something, and his screentime given to the other characters. Needed more Rubilax* and Breadnaught.

*On the banner for Mythic Item if I get to it. =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    (BTW, this track just screams Cynosure).
    It does.
    Doorlord. Well, it sure beats the hell out of 'Portal User'.
    Unfortunately, I can't find a clip of Finn fighting the Doorlord in Adventure Time! Oh well.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

I watch it for two reasons. One, the amazingly over-the-top action sequences and the fabulous OST (BTW, this track just screams Cynosure). Fanservice is... well, it's fanservice.
    Well, Thank you for getting me addicted to that song, I do love being so addicted.

"All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

I choose Yugo mainly because he doesn't have much going on other than ZOMG PORTALS, but Quilby (also from Wakfu) could be an interesting alternative. Even if he's more of a Teramach/Doorlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    It does.
    I know, right? So good.

Unfortunately, I can't find a clip of Finn fighting the Doorlord in Adventure Time! Oh well.
    If it's any consolation, I've already seen that episode. I don't get how I missed that idea, but I like the ones that I've got right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Well, Thank you for getting me addicted to that song, I do love being so addicted.

Hah. Well, if I have anything, it's great good decent passable taste in music.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I watched the first season, and I think it's worth a watch. Spoiler for off-topic tangent.
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE SECOND SEASON?!

YOU WANT MORE RUBILAX?!

YOU WANT YUGO TO BE INTERESTING?!

YOU WANT MORE DEMONIC MAGICAL ITEMS?!

THAT ALL HAPPENS IN SEASON 2

WATCH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Or don't. It's up to you. Dofus is pretty good too.
    Last edited by The Tygre; 2014-01-22 at 01:37 AM. Reason: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have an account with Imgur, but I'm pretty sure you can upload and link to stuff there without an account, if you so choose. Not sure though.
    I've been trying to upload to Imgur. It's just not working so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

While working on a Kathodos NPC for a game I'm running, I realized that he was still missing something that none of the other classes he had provided for him, so rather than wait for more Kathodos Mythos to be released, I thought I'd see if I could solve that dilemma myself.

I have no idea what level would be most appropriate for this Mythos, so I thought I'd let the forumites work that out for me . I thought I'd post it in this thread instead of the actual Kathodos thread simply because it's seen more activity in the past few weeks, so I apologize in advance if that was the wrong thing to do.

Anyways, I'd appreciate it if people could have a read over it and see whether it's okay, and if not, tell me what they think needs fixing.

Reading the Dragon Lines
    [Internal][Variable]
    Spoiler
    Show

You expand your senses to better understand the elements around you. This Mythos gains any and all of the [Air], [Earth], [Fire], and [Water] descriptors that you qualify for (i.e. it gains the [Air] descriptor if you are capable of breathing, the [Water] descriptor if a significant portion of your body is composed of water, etc.)

You can detect the movement and manipulation of all elements to which this Mythos has the appropriate descriptors of, so long as the effect is question is within 10ft per class level. Such movement/manipulation can be natural (e.g. a hurricane, landslide, bushfire, or avalanche), or supernatural (e.g. another Kathodos using a Mythos like Geomantic Worldbender Assumption, or a caster using such spells/powers as Control Winds, Stone Shape, Control Flames, or Control Water).

Additionally, you can detect elementals with the appropriate subtypes within the same area.

Advanced
    Pulse of the Earth: [Earth] You tie your senses more closely to the flow of earth. As a move action, you gain Tremorsense out to a distance of 10ft + 5ft per 2 class levels for 1 minute. You must be in contact with the ground to use this, and you can only detect creatures that are likewise touching the ground. If you use this manifestation again before the duration expires, it is reset to 1 minute again.

Hear the Coming Storm: [Air] You tie your senses more closely to the flow of air. As a move action, you gain Blindsense out to a distance of 20ft + 5ft per class level for 1 minute. This ability only functions in air. If you use this manifestation again before the duration expires, it is reset to 1 minute again.

Sense the Lifeblood: [Water] You tie your senses more closely to the flow of water. As a move action, you gain Lifesense out to a distance of 10ft + 5ft per 2 class levels for 1 minute. This functions like Blindsight, save that it can only detect creatures and objects that can be considered 'alive'. Thus, it will pick up all manner of flora and fauna, but non-living creatures like Constructs and Undead are invisible to it, as are objects like buildings and furniture. If you use this manifestation again before the duration expires, it is reset to 1 minute again.

Mirage-Piercing Vision: [Fire] You tie your senses more closely to the flow of fire. As a move action, you gain the ability to see through Figments and Glamers as if using True Seeing, out to a distance of 10ft + 5ft per 2 class levels for 1 minute. Unlike True Seeing, however, this does not grant you the ability to see a shapeshifted creature's true form, not to see in darkness. If you use this manifestation again before the duration expires, it is reset to 1 minute again.

7. - Top - End - #217

Flumph

The mythic halfling is up on page 7, just needs a banner. Also here is some substitution levels.
    Halfling Teramach

Hit Die: d10

Skill points: (6+int. modifier)x4 at first level, 6+int. modifer after

Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble
    Proficiencies: Halfling Teramachs are not proficient with any weapons, armor, or shields unless they have Halfling in the name.

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Mythos|Excellencies

3rd|+3|+3|+3|+3|Primal Agility|+1|+0
    5th|+5|+4|+4|+4|Primal Agility|+1|+0
    10th|+10|+7|+7|+7|Monster's Path, Primitive Brutality II|+0|+0[/table]

Class features

Primal Agility: You may choose one of the following options. Additionally you may choose another from this list instead of getting another level of Primal Brutality.
    1. Your mythos save DC's are now based off of dexterity and not strength.
    2. Your melee attacks may now be based off of your dexterity modifier instead of strength.
    3. Your monstrous rage no longer penalizes ranged attacks.
    4. You may choose the uncanny dodge class feature as the rogue.
    5. Any strength based skill now is based off your dexterity. You must have at least 5 levels of Teramach to select this and selected primal agility before.
    6. You may now add your dexterity modifier to your damage rolls from either your mythos's or your weapons. You must have at least 5 levels of Teramach to select this and selected primal agility before.
    7. Any mythos that would have added to your strength score may now add to your dexterity score. You must have at least 5 levels of Teramach to select this and selected primal agility before.
    8. You may have the evasion class feature as the rogue. You must have at least 5 levels of Teramach to select this and selected primal agility before.
    9. You may substitute your dexterity in strength checks dealing with overruning, bull-rushing, tripping, grappling, and sundering. You must have at least 5 levels of Teramach to select this and selected primal agility before.

Monster's Path: At level 10 you may ignore a number of squares of difficult terrain or hazardous ground equal to your dexterity modifier per round, however if you end your turn in such a square you suffer the effects as normal. This effectively replaces your excellency normally gained at this level.
    Last edited by Amnoriath; 2014-01-22 at 05:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Challenge accepted. Now I need to make a Kathodos Mythos Halfling focussed on Earth who slings Magical Potato bullets and harvests the land.

Epic Farmer.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    WATCH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
    Alright, I'll stick it in the queue. But, uh... how much Rubilax are we talking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapskaen View Post
    Anyways, I'd appreciate it if people could have a read over it and see whether it's okay, and if not, tell me what they think needs fixing.

Reading the Dragon Lines
    [Internal][Variable]
    Spoiler
    Show

You expand your senses to better understand the elements around you. This Mythos gains any and all of the [Air], [Earth], [Fire], and [Water] descriptors that you qualify for (i.e. it gains the [Air] descriptor if you are capable of breathing, the [Water] descriptor if a significant portion of your body is composed of water, etc.)

You can detect the movement and manipulation of all elements to which this Mythos has the appropriate descriptors of, so long as the effect is question is within 10ft per class level. Such movement/manipulation can be natural (e.g. a hurricane, landslide, bushfire, or avalanche), or supernatural (e.g. another Kathodos using a Mythos like Geomantic Worldbender Assumption, or a caster using such spells/powers as Control Winds, Stone Shape, Control Flames, or Control Water).

Additionally, you can detect elementals with the appropriate subtypes within the same area.

Advanced
    Pulse of the Earth: [Earth] You tie your senses more closely to the flow of earth. As a move action, you gain Tremorsense out to a distance of 10ft + 5ft per 2 class levels for 1 minute. You must be in contact with the ground to use this, and you can only detect creatures that are likewise touching the ground. If you use this manifestation again before the duration expires, it is reset to 1 minute again.

Hear the Coming Storm: [Air] You tie your senses more closely to the flow of air. As a move action, you gain Blindsense out to a distance of 20ft + 5ft per class level for 1 minute. This ability only functions in air. If you use this manifestation again before the duration expires, it is reset to 1 minute again.

Sense the Lifeblood: [Water] You tie your senses more closely to the flow of water. As a move action, you gain Lifesense out to a distance of 10ft + 5ft per 2 class levels for 1 minute. This functions like Blindsight, save that it can only detect creatures and objects that can be considered 'alive'. Thus, it will pick up all manner of flora and fauna, but non-living creatures like Constructs and Undead are invisible to it, as are objects like buildings and furniture. If you use this manifestation again before the duration expires, it is reset to 1 minute again.

Mirage-Piercing Vision: [Fire] You tie your senses more closely to the flow of fire. As a move action, you gain the ability to see through Figments and Glamers as if using True Seeing, out to a distance of 10ft + 5ft per 2 class levels for 1 minute. Unlike True Seeing, however, this does not grant you the ability to see a shapeshifted creature's true form, not to see in darkness. If you use this manifestation again before the duration expires, it is reset to 1 minute again.
    This is really awesome, but needs clarification. It says that you can detect the natural movement of elements, such as random fires or landslides. But, is there meant to be a size limitation here? I feel like there's a lot of overlap here with the Advanced manifestations if there isn't some kind of limit. Sense The Lifeblood is a lot less impressive if the base Mythos already allows you to detect the movements of water through someone's sweat glands, and Hear The Coming Storm is a tad redundant if you can feel the movement of air caused by the displacement of a moving body.

Or perhaps, it would work better if the base Mythos allowed you to detect supernatural and magical movement of the elements, and Elementals, and each manifestation came with the ability to detect natural movements, which in turn justifies the granted ability. As in, you can detect all natural movements of air, from hurricanes to the wing-beats of a gnat, effectively granting you Blindsense out to Xft, etc, etc, so on so forth.

Also, how well do you detect Elementals? Is it just their presence or absence? Their general direction? Can you pinpoint their exact location? (I feel like you were probably leaning towards the last one, but I'm not sure.)

10. - Top - End - #220

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Challenge accepted. Now I need to make a Kathodos Mythos Halfling focussed on Earth who slings Magical Potato bullets and harvests the land.

Epic Farmer.
    Thanks
    Someone else want to critique it?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Alright, I'll stick it in the queue. But, uh... how much Rubilax are we talking?
    Let me put it this way: telling you would be a pretty big spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

So, yeah, I kinda Mythos'd all over my Dragons, sorry.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post16847968
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't have much critique for the Mythos Halfling, I like it as is.

Responded to Mythos Dragon.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

14. - Top - End - #224

Okay... This kinda came outta nowhere, but I am apparently going to be making a Mythic bloodline, the Mythic Sorcerer. This isn't really out of lack of inspiration, it's because of TOO MUCH inspiration. Some of the ideas just don't fit the Tagati (experiencing a euphoric high when constantly using your power, and grow even MORE powerful, but at the risk of your own safety), but others do (telling someone's fortune, then forcing them to adhere to that fortune you gave them). EVERYONE GET'S THE TOWER!!!

Anyway, here's the banner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You know, in a way, it makes sense that the Mythic Dragon would be a prestige class, rather than a simple mythos line.

True Dragons would be too proud to have it any other way, except maybe a full 20 level base class, but that would just be unwieldy, wouldn't it?
    vwelp. kudos to gurgleflep for the avwatar.

As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreaserFish View Post
    You know, in a way, it makes sense that the Mythic Dragon would be a prestige class, rather than a simple mythos line.

True Dragons would be too proud to have it any other way, except maybe a full 20 level base class, but that would just be unwieldy, wouldn't it?
    Oh, Don't I know it.

Anything to add to Tychris?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

This is really awesome, but needs clarification. It says that you can detect the natural movement of elements, such as random fires or landslides. But, is there meant to be a size limitation here? I feel like there's a lot of overlap here with the Advanced manifestations if there isn't some kind of limit. Sense The Lifeblood is a lot less impressive if the base Mythos already allows you to detect the movements of water through someone's sweat glands, and Hear The Coming Storm is a tad redundant if you can feel the movement of air caused by the displacement of a moving body.
    Thanks for the quick feedback Xefas. I'll admit, when I was writing that out, I didn't even think of either of those cases. The idea for this Mythos came to be when I re-watched Avatar: The Last Airbender; specifically, Book 2, when Toph was introduced, and it kinda went from there.

Or perhaps, it would work better if the base Mythos allowed you to detect supernatural and magical movement of the elements, and Elementals, and each manifestation came with the ability to detect natural movements, which in turn justifies the granted ability. As in, you can detect all natural movements of air, from hurricanes to the wing-beats of a gnat, effectively granting you Blindsense out to Xft, etc, etc, so on so forth.
    I really do quite like this idea to fix it, where you start off only being able to detect when someone is screwing around with things, but when you take the advanced manifestations, you become more in tune with the natural movement of the element in question, which in turn grants you an extrasensory perception. Did you think the ranges on those were too much/too little?

Also, how well do you detect Elementals? Is it just their presence or absence? Their general direction? Can you pinpoint their exact location? (I feel like you were probably leaning towards the last one, but I'm not sure.)
    Honestly, I hadn't defined this 100% in my own mind, it was just something that made sense at the time. It could probably work like the Detect Undead spell, where it takes a few rounds of concentrating for you to sense that elementals are around, how many there are, how strong they are, and which direction they're in.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Okay, so I figured I might as well post everything I have for the Aethenos due to my hitting a bit of a snag. I would have had at least the Conviction and Guilt system jury-rigged up but I realized how clunky and broken it was, so for now that's still on the drawing board.

Anything that's crossed out is subject to major changes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Mythos
    Show
    Heretic Sundering Soulblade Strike
    Prerequisite: -
    Sometimes fools attempt to flee from the divine justice of the Judge. Other times, they believe they can hide from the blinding light of retribution by being out of the reach of his blade. Clearly these fools must realize that nothing can escape from the Judge or his justice, regardless of distance or defense. And so it is that regardless of any gap between him and his foe, the Judge shall cut down any heretics that stand against the path of justice.

As part of a standard attack with a melee weapon, you may choose to send out a wave of energy that travels in a straight line, so as to extend the reach of your attacks. This attack's range is extended by your weapon's reach multiplied by your current Conviction level. This attack has as many range increments as you do levels in Aethenos.

If this attack hits, it deals bonus damage equal to your current Conviction level, with a minimum of one. Otherwise, the damage is treated as if you had simply hit them with your weapon.

The wave of energy released from this attack can take whatever form best suits your Cause and Code; be it a shimmering blade of light, a malignant shadow stalking through the air, or a wave of biting insects.

Basic:
    Burn Their Mongrel Hides: The bonus damage from this Mythos may be treated as an energy type associated with your cause at your choosing.

Righteous Rain of Arrows: This Mythos can be used with a ranged weapon so long as the attack is used against something outside of the first range increment of the weapon used. Otherwise, it is treated normally.

Advanced:
    Long Arm of The Law: Instead of travelling in a straight line, the wave of energy released by this attack can curve around obstacles, negating bonuses from cover as long as the target is within range.

Legacy of The Blazing Spear: The wave of energy released by this attack can travel through any materials that do not disrupt magic. Additionally, anything the wave passes through takes full damage from the attack. This includes any armor that the target is wearing.
    Furthermore, the attack is considered a touch attack for the purposes of armor class.

Forsaken Tongue Severing
    There are many ways that the unenlightened and the heretical can cause harm to the virtue of the Judge. One of the most often overlooked is with their vile speech of hatred. They call the Judge a lunatic, genocidal, a maniac. Some have even worse methods with their tongue, and they call their vile powers "Arcane", or "Truenaming". Regardless of the nature of their abilities, the solution is obvious. Simply cut out the tongues of the forsaken.

As one of your standard attacks; you make a melee touch attack against a foe capable of vocalizing, with a bonus to hit equal to your current Conviction level. If the attack hits, no damage is dealt, but the target is forced to make a Will save with DC equal to (10+Aethenos Level+Conviction-Guilt), or be rendered incapable of speech, and any abilities the rely on it cease to function. Abilities that do not rely on speech, such as a silenced spell, are not effected.

After Xd6 rounds have passed, where X is number of Aethenos class levels; speech is returned to the victim of this ability, but their voice is hoarse and dry for 1d10 minutes afterward.

Basic
    Flay The Forsaken: At the end of every minute the target is silenced by the effects of this Mythos, they take 1d4 untyped damage for every level you have in Aethenos. You may choose to end this effect early, but the target remains silenced.

Crusader's Divine Toolkit: Instead of making a melee touch attack, you may instead make an attack with any weapon of your choice, including ranged weapons and natural weapons, with the normal bonuses and penalties in addition to the bonus from Conviction granted by this Mythos. Additionally, damage dealt by the weapon is halved instead of negated.

Advanced
    Soul Crushing Strike: Whenever you successfully hit a target with the touch attack granted by Forsaken Tongue Severing and the target fails the Will save, in addition to losing speech and any abilities that rely on it, they also lose any supernatural or magical abilities they possess.

The Pyre With Silence For Kindling: Requires the Flay The Forsaken basic manifestation of this Mythos. Instead of dealing 1d4 untyped damage at the end of every minute, the target receives 1d8 points of damage in the energy type associated with your Cause. Otherwise, Flay The Forsaken remains unchanged.

Hellfire Curse Retaliation
    The mind and body of the Judge are sacred things. One does not merely desecrate them and get away without recompense. Any who believe that the Judge will suffer any curse or ailment without unleashing his terrible fury upon the one who ailed him so is a fool. Any who believe that the Judge will not come after them for their transgressions will be terribly surprised when they feel the fires of retribution cleanse their body of heresy.

Choose an energy type associated with your Cause. Once chosen, this energy type cannot be changed until you change Causes.

To use this ability, choose a target that has given you a status condition within the last twenty four hours. You will immediately know whether or not they are:
    • On the same plane as you.
    • Within 10 miles/Aethenos level.
    • Still alive. (In the case of entities that are not alive, such as undead or constructs, they are considered alive for the purposes of this Mythos so long as they are still animated.)

If all of the above are true, then you may make a Will save, with DC equal to (10+Distance in Miles From Target+Number of Status Conditions+Guilt+Target's Wisdom Mod). If you are successful, you may immediately remove any ongoing status conditions caused by the Target.

Additionally, the Target takes Xd6 points of damage of your chosen energy type, where X is the number of status ailments they inflicted you with.

Basic
    Justice Knows No Bounds: So long as the target is on the same plane as you, they are vulnerable to the effects of this Mythos.

Pay Heresy Unto Heretics: Upon a successful use of this ability, you may force the target to make a Will save with DC equal to (10+Number of Status Conditions+Conviction+Your Wisdom Mod). If they fail this save, they are afflicted with the same conditions that you threw off.

Advanced
    You Fought The Law: Requires the Justice Knows No Bounds basic manifestation of this Mythos. Upon taking this manifestation, no target is safe from this Mythos, even across Planes. However, attempting to use this Mythos against a target on a different plane causes the DC to activate the ability to be (30+Number of Status Conditions+Guilt+Target's Wisdom Mod).

Purge Heresy's Den: Successfully activating this Mythos grants you exact knowledge on the location of the target. For 1d4 minutes afterward, you are kept up to date on any movements they make, but this ability ends if they leave the threatened area from this Mythos.

Divinity In A Mortal Shell
    Prerequisite: Religious Cause, Knowledge [Religion] 5 Ranks

The Spear That Slew was not a weapon of any single country or warrior. It was a servant of the Lawgivers, the Gods of Creation, and it served them to the best of its abilities. Likewise, many times has the narrative of the Judge been called upon to serve a God as their champion. In the face of such servants of divinity as the cleric or the paladin, the Judge alone may seem impotent. However, this is far from the case, for the cleric and the paladin themselves pay homage to the narrative of the Judge. They are, after all, devoted to a Cause. As a result, just as they may draw upon the legacy of the Judge, the Judge may draw upon them.

Pity-Breaking Mercy Rejection
    Prerequesite: Must have slain an enemy that was begging for mercy without hesitation.
    Not all are blessed with the Conviction that drives the Judge to pursue justice upon the blazing path to glory. Some members of the Flock, for whatever reason, make bad choices. They regret their actions even as they fall into heresy. Such is unknown to the Judge, and when his Flock houses heretics, he must take action. No matter how much begging and pleading the Sheep does, the Judge will not hesitate as he culls the offending members of his Flock. The Judge is a good shepherd, but he does not take heresy lightly. There can be no mercy for his foes, and he demands none in return.

While in battle, whenever you make a coup-de-grace attempt against an opponent that is either begging you for mercy or opposed to your Cause, you may make two attack rolls, as if you were attacking twice, but the second attack cannot be a critical hit. If the opponent is begging for mercy and opposed to your Cause, you may make three attack rolls, as if you were attacking three times, and all three are considered critical hits. The multiple attack rolls are all considered part of the same coup-de-grace attempt.

While Guilty, you deal an additional 2d4 points of damage whenever you hit an enemy that has shown you mercy in the past. This bonus is increased to 3d4 points of damage and you gain a +5 circumstance bonus to hit if the enemy showed you mercy that your Code would have prevented.

Spoiler: Excellencies
    Show
    On Wings of Fate
    Prerequisite: Balance 5 ranks
    The Judge is no ordinary mortal. The Flock shuffles about with their eyes cast down, unsure of whether or not any given step is safe. The Judge knows better. They can feel it in their bones that their feet will be sure and swift. As a result, the Judge finds himself faster than his less convicted brethren, and much more qualified to rush to the aid of the Flock.

Subtract your Guilt from your Conviction and multiply the difference by half your base land speed, to a minimum of zero. Add the result to any speeds you may possess, as an enhancement bonus. While Guilty, you do not benifit from this excellency.

Purity of Mind, Purity of Body
    A sound soul resides within a sound mind and sound body. The Judge takes that to heart. So long as the path of the Aethenos remains clear, the Judge fears no sickness, be it natural or manmade.

While Convicted, whenever a disease or poison would force you to make a saving throw, you may make as many additional saves as you have Conviction level, with your Guilt level as a bonus to the Save DC.
    If you have no Guilt level and full Conviction, you are immune to any diseases or poisons that would otherwise effect you. This includes magical diseases and poisons.

Stand And Fight!
    The Judge cares not for the weak willed and the cowardly. Their weakness is heresy in the eyes of the perfection that is the Aethenos. However, the Judge understands that not all are worthy of becoming the Aethenos. When his Flock is cowed by the might of heresy, the Judge bellows out his command to stand their ground and draw their blades. And so it is that heresy is cowed by the might of the Aethenos.

Whenever you or one of your allies are targeted by a fear effect or a demoralize attempt (as per the Intimidate skill), you may interrupt them with your own demoralize attempt as a free action. If you are successful, the hostile fear effect/demoralize attempt is stopped in its tracks and the cause that attempted it is instead demoralized (Assuming it has capacity for such emotions) and you gain a point of Conviction. If you fail, the action proceeds as normal and you gain a level of Guilt.

Whenever you have full Conviction and no Guilt, you are immune to fear effects and demoralization.

Fixed Celestial Position Mantra
    Prerequisite: Charisma 15
    The Judge cannot be moved when he does not wish to be moved, and is unwavering as he is sure of his purpose. By invoking his Cause, the Judge can resist any attempt by Heresy to force the Judge away from the blazing path of the Aethenos.

As a swift action, you can invoke your Cause to protect yourself from effects that would displace you. After invoking your Cause and while Convicted, you are protected from movement that you do not allow for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier. This protection is not in the form of a bonus to any rolls or whatnot. It is merely a succinct "No" on the part of the Aethenos, refusing to budge from their place on the path. Any effect that would move you, be it mundane or magical, fails, for the duration of this ability.
    Additionally, whenever something within reach of your attacks attempts to move you without your consent, you gain a free attack of opportunity, in addition to any you would normally have.

While Guilty, however, this ability functions differently. Instead of negating hostile displacement, you instead gain a bonus to resist hostile displacement that allows an opposing roll equal to the sum of your Conviction and Guilt, so long as the hostile effect is coming from a source that has caused your Guilt to rise within the last week. Additionally, this applies not only to things that would move you, but also things that would oppose your own movement. While under the effects of this Mythos and Guilty, you gain the same bonus to resist movement to things that would hamper your movement; such as paralysis, slowing, dimensional anchors, and etc; so long as the source is something that has caused you Guilt within the last week.

As the old saying goes, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby get his ass wrecked."

19. - Top - End - #229

Heretic Sundering Soulblade Strike looks like a lot of fun.

On Forsaken Tongue Severing... Why is it a Will save to resist? I kinda get it, but it still seems an odd choice. And why did you remove Flay the Forsaken? It makes sense in context, though a little more so if it were fluffed as blood loss or something similar. What are you changing?

I like Hellfire Curse Retaliation too, though the time limit on Purge Heresy's Den seems way too short, why did you choose that number?

I REALLY like Pity-Breaking Mercy Rejection; deed based prerequisites is something I hadn't considered at the Exceptional level.

Stand and Fight! kinda feels like a Mythos in itself, not an Excellency. Why did you choose that?

What you've got looks pretty good, though I'd like to see the Conviction and Guilt mechanics. I feel like I'm only getting a portion of the class without them.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Heretic Sundering Soulblade Strike looks like a lot of fun.
    It's very heavily based on the Skyward Strike from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, if you're interested. Glad you like it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury
    On Forsaken Tongue Severing... Why is it a Will save to resist? I kinda get it, but it still seems an odd choice. And why did you remove Flay the Forsaken? It makes sense in context, though a little more so if it were fluffed as blood loss or something similar. What are you changing?
    That's one of the Mythos I'm not so sure on what I'm doing. It feels clunky to me, and I definitely think it could all be better worded. I went with a Will save given that it's supposed to supernaturally remove someone's ability to speak, as opposed to literally removing the tongue from their mouth.

Flay the Forsaken was removed because it and its advanced version basically give you an upgrade and then downgrade it. It needs some serious reworking.

I like Hellfire Curse Retaliation too, though the time limit on Purge Heresy's Den seems way too short, why did you choose that number?
    I pulled it out of my ass, honestly. I can see what you mean about it being too short, all things considered. Maybe have it be a number of hours? That might even give someone time to get out of the threatened zone through mundane means.

I REALLY like Pity-Breaking Mercy Rejection; deed based prerequisites is something I hadn't considered at the Exceptional level.
    I'm not actually sure where any of these are in the different Mythos levels. You can thank THEChanger for that one.

Stand and Fight! kinda feels like a Mythos in itself, not an Excellency. Why did you choose that?
    I felt like it doesn't actually do much aside from very situational bonuses. If I were to change it to a full on Mythos, I'd probably want to give it a much more useful bonus than what it does now.

What you've got looks pretty good, though I'd like to see the Conviction and Guilt mechanics. I feel like I'm only getting a portion of the class without them.
    Yeah, as it stands, Conviction and Guilt are reworked whenever I sit down to work on the Aethenos. What I'm thinking so far is to have them sort of counteract each other. At the beginning of the day, your guilt removes some of the conviction you built up yesterday, and vice versa at the end of the day. Otherwise, whenever the Aethenos is awake, he's having his Conviction and Guilt swing one way or the other based on his actions and their consequences. Pretty much everything related to the two things is subject to serious rewriting.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Finishing the Kill La Kill conversation from the previous page.
    Show
    I've watched the first three episodes. Fights are great, characters are flat but entertaining, music is nice, fanservice is sigh-worthy but largely inoffensive. Pretty good, I've no doubt I'll watch all of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapskaen View Post
    Did you think the ranges on those were too much/too little?
    I think they're a little on the small side. I'd change the Earth, Water, and Fire manifestations to scale at 10ft + 5ft per class level, and have the Air manifestation be 30ft + 5ft per class level, and put the Mythos at Exceptional tier.

I admit that I might have a tendency to undervalue perception-based abilities, though. Maybe someone else can weigh in on it.

22. - Top - End - #232

Since my head is all jumbled up with respect to the Tagati now (too many ideas, no structure), I've decided to funnel some of those excess ideas into the Mythic Sorcerer.

Beyond Reserve and Spelltouched feats, are there any feats that might useful to play up the "Walking torrent of arcane power" theme? Or would it be better if I made stuff from whole cloth?
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beyond Reserve and Spelltouched feats, are there any feats that might useful to play up the "Walking torrent of arcane power" theme? Or would it be better if I made stuff from whole cloth?
    Metamagic feats, generally. In all honesty, though, the first thing I imagine when I hear "Walking Torrent of Arcane Power" is spell-like abilities, and lots of uses of them (potentially at-will).

In addition, with regards to whole-cloth design, a sorcerer is traditionally very proud and/or aware of their bloodline/heritage. Perhaps a Mythos that grants a bonus based on their lineage, with or without regards to their actual mechanical choices. (In other words, a multiclass Mythos/Sorcerer who takes, say, Draconic Bloodline as a feat might gain additional draconic abilities... but, they might just gain abilities from a different 'source' such as divinity or the Far Realm, simply due to their fluff of 'a bunch of mixed backgrounds combining into an arcane wellspring'.)

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1949 View Post
    Metamagic feats, generally. In all honesty, though, the first thing I imagine when I hear "Walking Torrent of Arcane Power" is spell-like abilities, and lots of uses of them (potentially at-will).
    That's specifically what I want to avoid. No actual spell casting, but throwing arcane power around like it's going out of style.

In addition, with regards to whole-cloth design, a sorcerer is traditionally very proud and/or aware of their bloodline/heritage. ...
    Hm... Okay. Bloodlines of various types... Arrogance/Pride... Yeah, I think I can do something with that.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

You could have a set of Mythos that give you spell seeds. Say at base it gives you Element and Bolt with manifestations to add more elements or shapes, with either higher Mythos or just Advanced manifestations granting more obscure energy.
    And right after I wrote that I realized that the Kathodos has that almost exactly. XD

Definitely need the ability to steal magic power out of people's defenses and items. If you give them a mana system or something you could make up a Mana Shield type mythos where damage is taken from arcane power before HP.

A mythos to turn off AMFs, probably Legendary or Exalted.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    You could have a set of Mythos that give you spell seeds. Say at base it gives you Element and Bolt with manifestations to add more elements or shapes, with either higher Mythos or just Advanced manifestations granting more obscure energy.
    And right after I wrote that I realized that the Kathodos has that almost exactly. XD
    I think I will stick with Reserve and Spelltouched feats. Eventually, it will be raw arcane power they use, gaining resistance (and possibly selective immunity) to elemental damage.

Definitely need the ability to steal magic power out of people's defenses and items. If you give them a mana system or something you could make up a Mana Shield type mythos where damage is taken from arcane power before HP.
    Yes on the magic stealing, not sure about the mana, but I might be able to make the shield work.

A mythos to turn off AMFs, probably Legendary or Exalted.
    Has to be Legendary; Mythic races don't get Exalted Mythos. I like it though.

EDIT:But what about FREAKING SPELLFIRE?!?! How could I forget about that?
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-01-23 at 10:36 PM.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I missed the race bit somehow. X.x Definitely need something about subsisting on pure magic rather than needing things like food and sleep, which could lead into spellfire, assuming you rework spellfire a bit, because as written its garbage.

Taking a cue from Xerath*, perhaps rooting yourself to draw power from your surroundings and blasting peoiple with raw magic (force damage agogo). Maybe the more magic you're high on the more resilient your body is or some such. If crossed with spellfire and you had a way to actually generate spellfire levels yourself without having to eat spells it could certainly be interesting.

*A League of Legends champion. He's mana given form wearing a bit of armor, really.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

28. - Top - End - #238

Ah, I missed the race bit somehow. X.x Definitely need something about subsisting on pure magic rather than needing things like food and sleep, which could lead into spellfire, assuming you rework spellfire a bit, because as written its garbage.
    How so? I've never seen it in action, I just like the idea of it.

Maybe the more magic you're high on the more resilient your body is or some such.
    I've already got the bare bones of "Euphoria" that makes you stronger the more magic you absorb and use.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-01-23 at 10:57 PM.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreaserFish View Post
    You can thank THEChanger for that one.

Yeah, as it stands, Conviction and Guilt are reworked whenever I sit down to work on the Aethenos. What I'm thinking so far is to have them sort of counteract each other. At the beginning of the day, your guilt removes some of the conviction you built up yesterday, and vice versa at the end of the day. Otherwise, whenever the Aethenos is awake, he's having his Conviction and Guilt swing one way or the other based on his actions and their consequences. Pretty much everything related to the two things is subject to serious rewriting.
    Hi there! THEChanger, acting as assistant and idea-board for GreaserFish on the Aethenos. I figured I'd throw up the version of the Conviction/Guilt mechanics I have written down for people to look at. Ultimately, it's GreaserFish's class, but just for a sense of what the wording might look like.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by The Aethenos
    Oath of Office: An Aethenos, above friends, above family, above themselves, above anything, is loyal to their Cause. Upon taking the first level of this class, an Aethenos must swear an Oath upon the shard of the Spear which is lodged within their heart. This Oath can be as simple or complex as the Aethenos desires, though both the DM and the player should agree on its content. The Oath should be an active one, forcing the Aethenos to always move forward, always act, always be forced to make the choice between peace and their mission. This is the Aethenos' Cause, their guiding light, the path their life must take from that point on. The Aethenos is driven to complete this goal no matter the personal cost. An Exceptional Aethenos feels a tickle in the back of their neck, pushing them along their new path. Upon receiving the first Fantastic Mythos, the Aethenos feels this tickle grow, becoming whispers from the Spear, showing them how to proceed. Legendary Aethenos constantly hear the buzzing call of their Cause, only finding relief when they have made significant strides toward its completion. Once the Aethenos lays claim to an Exalted Mythos, their mind is constantly flooded by the need of the Cause, the burning Spear lodged in their heart accepting nothing but pure devotion to their Oath.

So long as the Aethenos is devoted to their Cause, their legend will live on. Should the Aethenos ever decide to forsake a given Cause, or should their Oath be completed, the Aethenos may spend a week in contemplation and swear a new Oath, gaining a new Cause to which they must devote themselves. Without a Cause, an Aethenos cannot summon the devotion necessary to empower their Mythos. While it is incredibly difficult for an Aethenos to not act in such a way as to further the Cause, it carries no mechanical penalties-aside from the accumilation of Guilt.

Upon swearing their Oath, the Aethenos gains access to two pools of resources: Conviction, and Guilt. Conviction represents the will and faith the Aethenos has that their Cause is righteous and good, their belief that if they can just follow their Oath, everything will be alright. Guilt is the manifestation of the Aethenos' doubt, the cursed shadow which threatens to tear their purpose from its holy shrine. Conviction and Guilt can be gained in multiple ways, but can only ever be reduced by the effects of the Aethenos' Mythos - not even deity-level magic can affect the Aethenos' relation to their Cause. An Aethenos starts with one point of both Conviction and Guilt, and may never have more points of either than twice their Aethenos level. When an Aethenos swears their Oath, they may include up to three actions which add a point of Conviction to their pool. For each such action they include, they must also include an action which will add a point of Guilt to their pool. The DM should also include at least one action of each type. However, all Aetheni can gain Conviction and Guilt from the following sources:

-If a family member or close friend expresses approval of the Aethenos' actions in service of the Cause, they gain one point of Conviction. This may only occur once per person.
    -If a family member or close friend expresses disapproval of the same, the Aethenos gains one point of Guilt. This may only occur once per person.
    -If an Aethenos slays a creature which was preventing them from pursuing their Oath, they gain a point of Conviction-unless that creature was an ally, in which case the moral backlash causes the Aethenos to gain a point of Guilt.

Lastly, an Aethenos may spend a week in contemplation on their Oath in order to reduce both their Conviction and their Guilt by one.

Obviously, it's a little different from where GreaserFish is coming from, I think. On that note, some of the Mythos/Excellencies you posted, Greaser, refer to Conviction/Guilt points, and some to being Convicted/Guilty. Have you come to a decision as to whether you want to use the point system or the state system? Maybe both?
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post
    On that note, some of the Mythos/Excellencies you posted, Greaser, refer to Conviction/Guilt points, and some to being Convicted/Guilty. Have you come to a decision as to whether you want to use the point system or the state system? Maybe both?
    Ah, I was wondering where you'd been. I sent you a reply, did you not get it? I was thinking that perhaps it would be best to have a combination of the two. Whichever one has more points determines what state you're in. (Or in the event of a tie, you go to guilty.)

And I wouldn't exactly call you my assistant. Consultant, maybe? Comrade? Compatriot? Accomplice?