New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mythos Inspired Homebrew Discussion

To obtain spellfire levels you have to ready an action to catch the spell and eat it. That alone makes it nigh useless unless you've got someone willing to dump spell levels into you out of combat, and a wizard in the party will probably laugh in your face at that. Then you go to use it and can deal 1d6 damage per spell level with a ranged touch attack... that also has a fixed DC reflex save... and half of it is fire damage. Or you can heal for 2hp per spell level. Jeebus bad.

Taking from the Spellfire Channeler PrC, you get more storage which is good, the ability to drain charged items which is kinda okay (if inefficient on anything but level 0 or 1 wands), possibly slightly better healing (1d4+1 vs 2), more blasting, ability to drain a permanent item for 24 hours to gain a fairly good benefit for it (1/2CL in levels), random flight and deflect arrows, and a moderately sized blast around the self and the actual interesting ability of a crown of spellfire. The last one would be awesome if it wasn't so expensive, came so late, and maybe scaled better.

However! Somewhere around these parts I believe someone did a remake of the PrC sorta. Hmm... yeah, Prodigal Explorer by Hyooz! That fixes most of my problems, and despite the source of Spellfire Warrior also does some work towards it, but doesn't fix it all.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreaserFish View Post
    Ah, I was wondering where you'd been. I sent you a reply, did you not get it? I was thinking that perhaps it would be best to have a combination of the two. Whichever one has more points determines what state you're in. (Or in the event of a tie, you go to guilty.)

And I wouldn't exactly call you my assistant. Consultant, maybe? Comrade? Compatriot? Accomplice?
    Ah! No, I never got that reply. I had wondered if I scared you away, but I figured I'd see you here eventually. And I'll start work on editing that into the doc I have.

I like the idea of being someone's accomplice.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Jeebus bad.
    Oh. I forgot about the added reflex save. That IS bad.

I should be able to make it work though, thanks to the inspiration you've provided.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #244

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Amnoriath View Post
    The Mythic Halfling

“I came from the end of bag, but no bag went over me. I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ring-winner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider.” Bilbo Baggins, a mythic halfling

During the aeon of creation the Gods stood perplexed at the material realms. According to all logical standards everything fit into place, however there the sat mulling over what they were missing. A smaller female God took particular interest in this absence. Her name was Yondalla.
    No matter how hard she tried she wasn't satisfied. Dwarves had stone and metal from the ground and of well-being. Gnomes had song, art, and fervent creation riddled throughout their lives. Elves had patience, grace, and knowledge which ensures their higher echelon. Humans had innovation, adaptability, and balance spreading their vast cultures throughout the world. She then sighed in futility until a wandering traveler happened to shout her name.
    Yondalla's aura flickered in surprise as her angular yet child face shot to meet his. She demmanded,"How did you know my name?"
    "A guess, milady," the short man replied in cordial credulity.
    The answer found in the sheer luck of his daring blurt. "What is your name sir?" she asked while in epiphany.
    "Wileak, milady" he responded in kind. He blushed slightly as he was fiddling with his tools. He then recollected the tales of his journey. While Yondalla wasn't at all amazed at what he was reminiscing she took great interest in his reactions both then and now.
    She then went to consult with the other gods to give a new race a divine touch of fortune and uncanny resourcefulness. The rest of the Gods bickered over the practicality and the entailments of such gifts. In union they belted "No!". Disguted with their arrogance and bureaucracy she went to see what she could do without notice. Instantly as she opened her books and tended her field cries of fustration and disbelief rang out from the halls. At a distance she noticed a striding figure dashing from a cataclysm undoubted created by the fury of the Gods. It was Wileak juggling his tools and what appeared to be shining dice. Before she could get there the destruction enveloped him. She ravaged through the rubble both out of concern and duty but she found no once of fabric or trinkets of the material realm other than a note saying, "We don't need you anymore," Betrayed and relieved she cultched her abdomen in perplexing anger as she lied to the counsel on the thief's fate.

Half the Size, Twice the Fortune
    Prerequisites: Halfling, One Mythos
    Benefit: You may add these mythos to any mythos class you have levels in. In addition you add one hit point per luck feat you know and your reroll pool is increased by 1.
    Exceptional Mythos
    Spoiler
    Show

Parsimonious Fortune Finder

You gain Miser's Fortune as a bonus feat. Additionally you can use the Search skill to look for items or gold with a competence bonus equal to half your mythos class level. You are treated as if you were trained in the skill even if you do not possess ranks in it. You may also choose from one of these basic manifestations. Additionally you may choose from one of the previous or following lists.

Resourceful Mono Devotion: You may select one item on your person to benefit from the Ancestral Relic feat with the following differences. It does not need to be of masterwork quality. You can only use the magical properties of the item in question and therefore does not possess value outside what it was before it undergone the ritual. Even if you couldn't normally use the item in question you can use it normally without failure. The item in question may not be an artifact, relic, or item of legacy.

Fortuitous Compact Forager: When you make a Search check you can instead look through 5 foot areas equal to one half your mythos class level. You may also use the Survival skill untrained as if you were trained with a competence bonus equal to half your mythos class level.

Wily Appraisal Intuition: You may make Appraise checks as if you were trained with a competence bonus equal to half your mythos class level. Additional you may increase your Appraise check by 5 to raise or lower the base value of the item in question by 2 percent. This may be increased up to time equal to one fourth you character level(max 5). However, because you are noticing something different you cannot truthfully appraise it to be higher if you have already apprasied it as being lower and vice versa.

Advanced: You can have your items reroll their saves by expending a roll from your luck pool. Your enemies may also be forced to reroll caster level checks against your items.

Omniscient Devout Custody: The caster level of the item you selected is now equal to your mythos class level. Additionally if you would ever lose the item you can take a full-round action the provokes an attack or opportunity to sense where it is as if you were there as well as know the general direction of where to go. If the item itself has senses you may use its senses if they are better. You may also expend two rerolls from your reroll pool to force an enemy to reroll any roll to avoid or reduce any effect from the item in question. You must have selected the Resourceful Mono Devotion manifestation to select this option.

Unearth the Cache: Once the DM rolls for loot and asserts the total value you may make a search check equal to have a part of the loot be something you specifically need. As such it replaces some of the loot with what you specifically you requested. This request can be a set of items but they all must be exactly the same. This check is equal 10+appraise check needed to determine its value. These items in question cannot exceed 10% of the total value of the loot. You may also try to request items of up to 20% of the total or two different items up to 10% each in which you must succeed at a check of 25+the larger appraise check. This may only be done once per loot roll. You may also expend 2 rerolls from your reroll pool to force the DM to roll for loot again taking the second result. You must have taken the Fortuitous Compact Forger manifestation to select this.

Transitive Market Deduction: You can now make appraise checks as full round actions instead of one minute. When inspecting an item you can appraise check using the knowledge skill rules to find out where it has been and who has used it. You may expend 2 rerolls from your reroll pool to reroll the result of any knowledge check. You must have taken the Wily Appraisal Intuition manifestation in order to select this option.

Expedient Aimless Wanderlust

You gain Lucky Start and Yondalla's Senses as bonus feats. Additionally if you expend a reroll from your reroll pool you can act in the surprise round but you are still considered flat footed if you couldn't normally act.

Miniscule Undaunted Luck

You gain Unbelievable Luck as a bonus feat. Additionally you may choose from one of these basic manifestations which each cost a luck reroll to use and lasts for one round.
    You gain a luck bonus to your AC equal to 1d4+1.
    You gain a luck bonus to your attack rolls equal to 1d4+1.
    You gain a luck bonus to your saves equal to 1d4+1.
    You gain a luck bonus to your damage rolls equal to 1d6+1.
    You gain a luck bonus to Strength based skills and checks equal to 1d4+1.
    You gain a luck bonus to Dexterity based skills and checks equal to 1d4+1.
    You gain a luck bonus to Intelligence based skills and checks equal to 1d4+1.
    You gain a luck bonus to Wisdom based skills and checks equal to 1d4+1.
    You gain a luck bonus to Charisma based skills and checks equal to 1d4+1.

Advanced: Your luck feat rerolls now only take up a free action to use. You may also select from one more basic manifestation. At your mythos class level of 10 the die rolled to gain the luck bonuses is increased by one step and damage becomes 1d8+2. If you have taken levels in the Fortune's Friend prestige class you may burn a reroll as a free action to gain an extra swift or immediate action which only may be done once a round.

Dimunitive Ideal Form

You get Lucky Catch as a bonus feat even if you don't meet the prerequisites. You also may treat yourself as one size smaller any time it would be beneficial to you and gain a competence bonus to either balance, climb, jump, or tumble checks equal to half your mythos class level. Additionally if you expend a reroll from your pool you gain a climb and jumping speed equal to 5 times your mythos class level up to double your base speed. You are not considered flat-footed while climbing nor do your enemies get a special bonus against you. This lasts for rounds equal to double your mythos class level.

Fantastic Mythos
    Spoiler
    Show

Gratuitous Pragmatic Slinger

Prerequisites: One Halfling Mythos Known
    You gain Lucky Fingers as a bonus feat and may make special ammunition. As a full-round action you can make a bullet that does 1d6 damage. As you gain levels it acquires an enhancement bonus to attack and damage equal to one fourth your character level. It always bypasses damage reduction as if it were a magic weapon. If you are proficient with a Halfling skip rock this bullet may have the same special ability. You may also reload your sling or staff as a free action per attack you make, however special bullets take extra care and only can be reloaded once this way regardless of any feat you possess. They can choose to throw them as a splash weapon in which they only get the described effect below but they also may apply after a successful attack after the damage roll.

Tanglefoot Bullet: If the opponent fails on a reflex save they are rendered prone as well as entangled for rounds equal to your mythos class level. If they are flying they fall for the round in which they may make a dexterity check of 20 to regain flight the next round if they haven't hit the ground. If they succeed in the save they are only entangled for half the time.

Gust Bullet: If the opponent fails on a fortitude save they are pushed back 5 feet for every mythos class levels you possess. If they succeed it merely just halts movement of the current action. Undead and Constructs are not immune to this effect.

Resonating Bullet: An attack dealt with this kind of bullet deals sonic damage. Additionally the target is subject to the effects of the shatter spell with an effective caster level equal to your mythos class level. If used to attack an item specifically it can be used to make a sunder check with no penalty.

Weakening Bullet: The target takes a penalty to strength score and physical skill checks equal to 3+one fourth mythos class level for rounds equal to one half mythos class levels unless the succeed on a fortitude save in which the penalty and duration is halved. Undead and Constructs are not immune to this effect. These penalties are not culmulative.

Flashbang Bullet: The target is treated as blinded with a duration of rounds equal to one half mythos class levels unless it succeeds on a fortitude save. Regardless of the result all creatures have concealment within a 20 foot spread but so does any creature they attempt to target.

Explosive Bullet: Creatures within a 15 foot radius of the strike take half fire and half bludeoning damage equal to 2d6+1d6/3 mythos class levels unless they succed on a reflex save for half.

Hindering Bullet: The target takes a penalty to their dexterity score equal to 3+one fourth and cannot use a swift or immediate action neither may they run or charge for mythos class levels for one half mythos class level rounds. If they succeed on a reflex save they only suffer half the penalty for half the time. These penalties are not culmulative.

Beguiling Bullet: The target makes a will save or becomes confused and take a penalty to mental skills equal to 3+one fourth mythos class levels for rounds equal to one half mythos class levels. If they succeed they are not confused but do not know who attacked them and the penalty as well as the duration is halved. These penalties are not culmulative.

Venom Bullet: The target becomes afflicted with a poison. The target takes 1d6+1/4 mythos class levels points of constitution damage for both the primary and secondary damage rolling a fortitude save as normal.

Knockout Bullet: The target must succeed on a will save or be dazed for rounds equal to 1+1/4 mythos class levels. If they succeed they are only staggered for one round.

Advanced: Your bullets may now be treated as if being made of a special weapon material. You can expend two rerolls from your pool to prepare a special bullet you didn't know as a swift or immediate action. Special bullets made this way are effective for one minute per mythos class level you possess. Additionally you may select another special bullet to prepare.

Underestimated Effective Capability

Prerequisites: One Halfling Mythos Known
    You gain Advantageous Avoidance as a bonus feat. Whenever a creature of at least one size category larger than you would succeed in making a check or attack against you, or you failing to do so against them you can use your failure to your advantage. Creatures of at two size catergories larger take a -1 penalty to this save and for every size category above. The creature makes a will save if successful they are one step friendlier to you up to friendly. If they fail they regard you as unworthy and do not attack you in any way. They also treat all their attribute modifiers in attacks, checks, damage rolls, and save DC's against you as if they were 10 unless they are worse until you succeed against them. After you succeed they may attack you again but their attributes are still treated as lowered for 1d4+1/5 mythos class levels you possess. A creature only makes one save per encounter because whether they fail or not they know it was fake. Mindless creatures are considered to automatically save but if they are rendered flat-footed by you up to one round afterwards they lose their attributes are effectively reduced as above for the time alloted. If you expend two rerolls from your pool you may automatically make an attack that bypasses any concealment whenever they would fail a check against you while their attributes are treated as 10 from this ability.

Legendary Mythos
    Spoiler
    Show

Tenacious Eternal Kismet

Prerequisites: Two Halfling Mythos's Known
    Your fortune now extends to your allies as you recognize their importance to yourself. You gain Good Karma and Dumb Luck as bonus feats. All your allies can benefit from your luck feats so long as they are in the same plane and they gain a reroll pool of two. If you possess the Miniscule Undaunted Luck mythos they also may benefit from your luck bonuses the same time you do. As long as you are within 60 feet of an ally you and the allies in that area may take full-round actions with no penalty in negative hit points and do not die unless they exceed their constitution scores in negative hit points. Additionally if you expend two rerolls from your pool as an immediate action you can try to dismiss any spell or like abilities as well as supernatural abilities. The creature targeted must prove to be an immediate threat to you or your ally and you must be able to see it. You make a mythos class level check modified by the attribute that fuels your save DC's against a DC of 10+HD+relevant attribute. If a permanent effect was dismissed it functions again 1d4+1/5 mythos class levels rounds later. If you are dismissing the effect of an item use its caster level modified by the creature's constitution modifier. For every 5 points you exceed that check you may cancel one more effect they have, however if you first dismissed an item you only can target another item unless it adds up to be the same DC or higher.
    Nobody else?
    Last edited by Amnoriath; 2014-01-24 at 03:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nobody else?
    I would advise polishing up the formatting and giving it a thread of its own, since it seems to be quite full of material right now. A full review would take up a lot of space here, even though it would technically be on-topic.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Bellator is coming along. Potentially in a post-able state soon. Would like someone to look at this Mythos and see if I'm missing some aspect of Mirror's Edge'ing (Prince of Persia'ing, Jackie Chan'ing, etc) about the place. I've got the wall running, the weapon dragging, the vaulting over chest-high walls, the hopping between walls, the jumping down on people, the running across narrow surfaces, an Aladdin reference; I think I got everything. I don't necessarily need advice on mechanics - I just wanna know if there's some awesome-but-mundane obstacle-traversing motion that I'm missing.

Spoiler
    Show

Peerless Parkour Athleticism
    Prerequisite: -

You gain Roofwalker (Cityscape) and Leap of the Heavens (PHBII) as bonus feats.

Other than the granted bonus feats, the benefits of this Mythos only apply if you are not suffering from any amount of Armor Check Penalty.

You may use the greatest of your Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution modifiers when determining your ability bonus on Balance, Climb, Jump, Swim, and Tumble checks (for brevity, these will hence be referred to as 'Athletic Skills' or 'Athletic Checks'). While you move, you gather momentum and your concentration sharpens; each Athletic check you make in a round gains a +2 bonus for each previous Athletic check you've made in the same round. In addition, when you take a Run action, you need not move in a straight line, so long as each change in direction is the result of an Athletic check (for example, running to an alley wall, climbing the wall, jumping backward onto the opposite wall, climbing that wall, then jumping onto the roof).

If you begin your movement on a solid surface, you may spend part of your movement traversing vertical surfaces as if you were moving on the ground. Transferring from floor to wall or wall to floor costs no movement, but if you end your movement unsupported, you begin to fall as normal.

As an immediate action, while you are falling, you may make a melee attack against a nearby surface in the hopes of driving your weapon into it and stopping your fall. If you hit and are able to overcome its hardness and deal damage, your weapon is wedged into the surface; you continue to fall for half the distance that you had already fallen before making this attack - if you have not yet impacted a surface, the weapon has halted you entirely, and you are now dangling from it. If this was not enough to keep you from hitting something, the final falling damage you take is still halved.

Advanced
    Death From Above: You gain Roof-Jumper as a bonus feat. You may use the Urban Acrobatics function of that feat in non-urban environments, substituting natural paraphernalia in place of the trappings of a city.

Sure-Handed Athlete Practice: All skill points that you've spent in Athletic skills are immediately refunded. Each skill point you spend on an Athletic skill provides the normal skill rank for that skill, and also one rank in two other, different, Athletic skills. With the refunded skill points, you must immediately spend as many as you can on Athletic skills; if you still have some amount of points left over, and cannot spend them due to level limitations, they become free skill points that you may spend as you please the next time you level up.

One Jump Ahead Of The Hitmen: When you take a Charge or Withdraw action, you need not move in a straight line, so long as each change in direction is the result of an Athletic check.

7. - Top - End - #247

The only thing I can think it might be missing is that "running up the wall, jumping off, then ending up behind your enemy" move. Or does that belong somewhere else?

It also makes me think that the Tagati should have some kind of movement Mythos, other than flying on a broom of course. Hm...
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-01-26 at 03:42 PM.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, off the top of my head, there's impromptu 'boarding (first 30 seconds) and rail grinding (Form 0:10 pretty much onwards).
    And then there's also the Indiana Jones/Catwoman-style "swing from a whip" technique.
    Last edited by VoodooPaladin; 2014-01-26 at 03:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

stuff like pole vaulting and rope swinging would be pretty cool (basically, using items in the environment to help). also the ability to attack enemies on the run (for example, the kick to the face at 0:56.) if you want really crazy (though a bit situationally specific) you could have the bellator use enemies as aids for the free running. stuff like using a mook's head as a springboard, or tackling someone off a roof then using them as a cushion to break your fall.

edit: also, a way to boost your max speed, if you reach a high enough bonus, could be really useful. right, no mechanical stuff.
    Last edited by commander panda; 2014-01-26 at 11:57 PM.
    avatardonebymememememememememeeeeeeeeeee

Julian, it's a hungry world
    They're gonna eat you alive son, yeah
    Oh Julian, when their fangs sink in
    I'll stitch you but then I gotta throw you back in

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!

10. - Top - End - #250

Okay then... I think this mythos is in a very-nearly finished state. What do you guys think of it?

Spoiler
    Show
    Boiling Corpse-Cauldron Catalyst:
    Prerequisites: 4 ranks in Craft (Alchemy)

The gods made so many mistakes when crafting their mortal children; orcs are stupid, elves are frail, and humans aren't particularly good at anything. But in one facet of their construction, the gods outdid themselves: the liquids. Mortal bodies are filled with so many biles and secretions, making them playgrounds for any alchemist with the stomach to set the process in motion. Your blood, your black, foul, putrid blood, bestowed upon you by your Hag Mothers is all you need to tap into the secrets of these pitiful sacks of meat.

You gain the disturbing ability to turn dead bodies into complete alchemy labs by pouring a few drops of your blood in the corpses mouth. What follows, few have the stomach for; the corpse spasms, almost as if it means to rise up once again. The body bloats and swells, its stomach finally bursting with a sickening pop. The slurry within makes the perfect catalyst for any alchemical mixture imaginable, allowing the creation of poisons with Craft (Alchemy) at no penalty, and providing a bonus on all Craft (Alchemy) rolls equal to half your class level.

As one might expect, the corpse's toughness in life is directly proportional to its alchemical usefulness in death; the liquids inside are worth a number of gold pieces in raw materials equal to (Constitution Score x 5).

In addition, you gain Grenadier and Mad Alchemist as bonus feats, using your Intelligence modifier as the bonus on attack and damage rolls on the former.

Advanced
    Double, Double: The sludge in your corpse-cauldrons is particularly thick, yielding far more product than usual. You produce twice as much when creating alchemical mixtures and mythos with the [Alchemy] keyword. No witch worth her salt would ever waste ingredients, as even the leftovers can prove useful in a pinch. While there is no formal name for these leftovers, many have taken to calling it Swamp Hag's Surprise. There are a number of doses of this concoction left over equal to the bodies Constitution modifier. Its effects are determined using percentile dice. It can be used in two different was: as a thrown grenade weapon, or as a potion.

The effects when used as a thrown weapon are as follows:
    {table=head]d% | Effect
    1-20| Does nothing
    21-40| Explodes, dealing 2d6 fire damage on a direct hit, and 1d4 fire damage as splash damage within 10 ft of the square struck
    41-60| Release noxious fumes, sickening those within a 10 ft radius for (Intelligence modifier) rounds (Fort Save Negates)
    61-80| Releases dazzling flash of light, blinding those within a 10 radius ft for (Intelligence modifier) rounds (Fort Save Negates)
    81-100| Comes to life as an ooze, attacking the nearest creature for (Intelligence modifier) rounds*[/table]
    The DC for all saves mentioned is (10 + 1/2 class level + Intelligence Modifier)
    *:Use the statistics for the Gray Ooze. In addition, if the thrown potion makes a direct hit, the target must make a Reflex saving throw or automatically be grappled by the ooze. If the save succeeds, the target must take a 5ft step to an adjacent square.

The potion effects of Swamp Hag's Surprise are as follows:
    {table=head]d% | Effect
    1-20| Does nothing
    21-40| Heals the imbiber for 2d6 hit points but sickens them
    41-60| Drives the drinker into a barbarian's rage for (Intelligence modifier) rounds. They are fatigued afterwards
    61-80| Grants Fire Resistance 10, but the target is infected with Red Ache. There is no incubation period; the Fortitude saves begin immediately
    81-100| The drinker is freed from any charm or dominate effect, but contracts amnesia*[/table]
    *:If your game does not have cut-and-dry rules for amnesia, there are some located here.

Toil and Trouble: With a hiss and a whispered curse, you exude a pale green mist that infects your foes with doubt and weakness. You gain a 15-foot cone breath attack, rendering anyone within it Shaken, and reducing their movement per round by 10 feet; this effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier. The targets get a Will saving throw to resist this effect, the DC of which is (10 + 1/2 class level + Charisma Modifier). If, while Shaken, the target fails their save against the Distracting Blast ability, they become Frightened. If they are already Frightened, they become Panicked. This attack can only be used once every 1d4 rounds.

Fire Burn: Your command of the dark power flowing through your veins has gifted you with the ability to set things ablaze with nothing but a hateful glare. You gain a gaze attack out to 60 feet that sets unattended objects on fire. With creatures, or items in the possession of creatures, you must roll a ranged touch attack with an attack bonus equal to your Charisma modifier; if the attack hits, the target immediately takes (1d6 + Charisma Modifier) damage and catches fire. Each round thereafter, the target must roll a Reflex save to put out the fire, or take 1d6 fire damage; if the target was covered in lantern oil or alchemist fire at the moment of attack, by way of Fiery Blaze, they instead take 2d6 fire damage for each round they fail to put out the fire. Even when the fire is put out, the creature smokes for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma modifier, blanketing an area 30 feet around them in a think smog that offers everyone within it 20% concealment. The ghostly embers continue to cling to the target, preventing them from benefiting from the concealment. This attack can only be used once every 1d4 rounds.

Cauldron Bubble: It is unbecoming of a witch to be ill-prepared, so has each step led to the mastery of priming your cauldrons. You gain a melee touch attack that boils the targets blood, driving them into a terrible rage. This touch requires both a Will and Fortitude saving throw, at DCs of (10 + 1/2 class level + Charisma Modifier). If the targets fails the Will save, then they are driven to a rage (as a barbarians rage), attacking the nearest creature other than the Tagati for the first round, than any other creature for the next (Charisma Modifier) rounds. If the target fails the Fortitude save, they take one Constitution damage, and another point of damage each round they fail their subsequent saving throws, for (Charisma Modifier) rounds, at which point the effect ends. Once the effects end, the target is Sickened for (Charisma Modifier) rounds; if they enter, or become adjacent to, a square of difficult terrain created by Tanglefoot Defense, they must make a Fortitude saving throw at DC (10 + 1/2 class level + Intelligence Modifier), or be nauseated for the remainder. If the target dies while their blood boils, their corpse bursts as though they were primed by Boiling Corpse-Cauldron Catalyst, and cuts all crafting times for items made with Craft (Alchemy) in half. If the target is suffering from the effects of Toil and Trouble, they take a -2 penalty to their Will save, while if the target is on fire or smoking as a result of Fire Burn, they take a -2 penalty to their Fortitude saves for as long as they retain either condition. This attack can only be used once every 1d4 rounds.

I'm a little sketchy on the potion effects of Swamp Hag's Surprise... Should they allow for a saving throw? Or do the automatic effects make up for that?
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2014-01-28 at 11:26 AM.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Drives the drinker into a barbarian's rage for (Intelligence modifier) rounds. They are fatigued afterwards
    Which Intelligence modifier are we using? The one of the drinker or the one of the witch? In either case, can the person deliberately reduce the rage to a shorter duration?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    "I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So the real question is, what is a Ling?

12. - Top - End - #252

Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    In either case, can the person deliberately reduce the rage to a shorter duration?
    No they cannot.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

First Note: Mythic Dragon has a redux. 2nd Note: Akastarepti is done for, mostly because it's highly overlapping with Xefas's Mythic Marshal. (Also Mythic Dragon does a lot of it.) The Archansin is something I'm really failing on how to do properly, so it's on hold.
    This one is more of a base class, but it'll include a PrC for Mythos, which is why I'm throwing it here.

Try to guess first, but if you can't, I'll add names in the Spoiler below.
    Spoiler: Do you really wanna know?
    Show
    Spoiler: Are you sure?
    Show
    Spoiler: Really?
    Show

From Top left to bottom right;
    Promthean; Jockey Race. (Aliens series).
    Anubis; Ori. (Stargate)
    Eldrazi; (Magic)
    Forerunner. (Halo)
    C'tan. (WH40k)
    Reaper (Mass Effect)
    The Celestials (Marvel Universe)
    Xel'Naga (Starcraft)

"All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    First Note: Mythic Dragon has a redux. 2nd Note: Akastarepti is done for, mostly because it's highly overlapping with Xefas's Mythic Marshal. (Also Mythic Dragon does a lot of it.) The Archansin is something I'm really failing on how to do properly, so it's on hold.
    It happens; it's why I haven't gotten much done in regards to the Seneschal, is because it's hard to come up with a full base-class when the racial feat-mythos are easier to work with,.
    This one is more of a base class, but it'll include a PrC for Mythos, which is why I'm throwing it here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I had to gather, it'd be Mythic Alien... but then, what makes it a full 20-level base class and not simply a 'the Mythic Outsider' feat-mythos? Just curious.

15. - Top - End - #255

Alright, the Mythic Sorcerer is chugging along smoothly, but there is one stumbling block. I'm giving them a mana pool to fuel their Reserve feats and Mythos, but I'm not sure of the size of the pool. How do I determine that? It's going to be getting a lot of use to be sure, but I don't want to give them too much.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1949 View Post
    If I had to gather, it'd be Mythic Alien... but then, what makes it a full 20-level base class and not simply a 'the Mythic Outsider' feat-mythos? Just curious.
    Each of those Aliens has something in common with each other, Extremely High tech levels. Extremely powerful Weapons. Suffciently Advanced Aliens.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #257

Each of those Aliens has something in common with each other, Extremely High tech levels. Extremely powerful Weapons. Suffciently Advanced Aliens.
    Except the Eldrazi, which are ridiculously primitive, hailing from an epoch before magic was fragmented into colors. Which is probably for the best, because no matter what you say that picture in the banner is, it's not an Eldrazi.

18. - Top - End - #258

You got it wrong. It's not whether they are scientifically advanced or not. They aren't just advanced aliens. They are progenitor aliens, ones that created major species in their respective universe. All of them spawned at least one major specie (though the achievements of Anubis are pale compared to those of the others, most of them having spawned at least two. Yes, even the prometheans).

So I wonder how the ''create new species'' schtick can be turned into a full base class. Talking about Anubis, I know he dealt with the creation of a supersoldier race, but If I'm right I'd prefer to see him replaced with a more prolific progenitor race, such as the Ancients from the same show (which created the Jafa and the humans) or even the Dread Lords from Galactic Civilizations (which created most sapient races in the Milky Way, and could just as easily have killed them all if they didn't ally to fight back).
    Last edited by Network; 2014-01-29 at 07:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

You got it wrong. It's not whether they are scientifically advanced or not. They aren't just advanced aliens. They are progenitor aliens, ones that created major species in their respective universe. All of them spawned at least one major specie (though the achievements of Anubis are pale compared to those of the others, most of them having spawned at least two. Yes, even the prometheans).

So I wonder how the ''create new species'' schtick can be turned into a full base class. Talking about Anubis, I know he dealt with the creation of a supersoldier race, but If I'm right I'd prefer to see him replaced with a more prolific progenitor race, such as the Ancients from the same show (which created the Jafa and the humans) or even the Dread Lords from Galactic Civilizations (which created most sapient races in the Milky Way, and could just as easily have killed them all if they didn't ally to fight back).

Exactly, Extremely Advanced Aliens, Of which created Races. It will be turned into a full class.

If you have any portraits/Suggestions, I'd be glad to listen.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #260

I can kinda see how that makes sense for the C'tan, but what races have the Eldrazi created?
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #261

If you have any portraits/Suggestions, I'd be glad to listen.
    I thought about a combination of Mythos ripped off of the Xel'Naga story : give some way for the character to grant some of its Mythos to its creatures. Make a purity of form and a purity of essence Mythos (that the character can take), but explicitely prevent the character from granting both Mythos to the same creature. Then, make a shintai Mythos that allows the character to reincarnate as whichever entity it created that ended up with both Mythos anyway.
    I can kinda see how that makes sense for the C'tan, but what races have the Eldrazi created?
    I read that the Eldrazi titans created the Eldrazi race. No mention of where they come from, but the three of them are still the progenitors of all the other Eldrazi.

EDIt : Oh, and I forgot about that, but there is a progenitor race of the Forgotten Realms (yes, I'm talking about the infamous sarrukh here). You may find inspiration from some of the things they can do. As long as you explicitely don't allow the pun-pun trick or any similar infinite loop of power, it should be ok (changing the size of a creature is not terrible. Granting them new special attacks or qualities from a preexisting list isn't either. Looking at it directly should give you a good idea of what is good and what isn't).
    Last edited by Network; 2014-01-29 at 10:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

My main issue with the "Mythos Alien" is that, like the Mythos Dragon and the Mythos (for lack of a better term) Annihilator is that, even compared to other Mythos classes (who purposefully aim for Tier 2), they're hilariously overpowered and/or needlessly complex. That's my take on it, at least; I'll admit I'm not the best source of balance, since I'm relatively new compared to the rest of the homebrewers here.

EDIt : Oh, and I forgot about that, but there is a progenitor race of the Forgotten Realms (yes, I'm talking about the infamous sarrukh here). You may find inspiration from some of the things they can do. As long as you explicitely don't allow the pun-pun trick or any similar infinite loop of power, it should be ok (changing the size of a creature is not terrible. Granting them new special attacks or qualities from a preexisting list isn't either. Looking at it directly should give you a good idea of what is good and what isn't).
    Oh jeez, that sounds like a fun idea. SFL, might I suggest you turn your idea into 'The Mythos Sarrukh', fluff and re-skin them as simply an Outsider progenitor race, and make it a feat-race combo like Human/Kobold/Reth Dekala so that any other Mythos race could utilize it; a Teramach that grows wicked horns for goring, or a Kathados who can spawn flame-spewing wings, or an Olethrofex who can shoot bone-spikes as a ranged touch attack, and so forth.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1949 View Post
    Oh jeez, that sounds like a fun idea. SFL, might I suggest you turn your idea into 'The Mythos Sarrukh', fluff and re-skin them as simply an Outsider progenitor race, and make it a feat-race combo like Human/Kobold/Reth Dekala so that any other Mythos race could utilize it; a Teramach that grows wicked horns for goring, or a Kathados who can spawn flame-spewing wings, or an Olethrofex who can shoot bone-spikes as a ranged touch attack, and so forth.
    I should have stated this much clearer; It isn't a FULL MYTHOS Class. It'll have it's own subsystem, with a MYTHOS PRESTIGE CLASS.

Is that any better?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #264

Quote Originally Posted by vasharanpaladin View Post
    Except the Eldrazi, which are ridiculously primitive
    Maybe not... Is it ever explained exactly what hedrons are?
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #265

Maybe not... Is it ever explained exactly what hedrons are?
    Prisons, created by the 'walkers who sealed them away. One of which, I'll point out, was a lithomancer; fitting that he'd involve megaliths somehow, yes?

26. - Top - End - #266

Alright, here are some basic rules for Witchfire for the Mythic Sorcerer. What do you guys think?

Spoiler: Witchfire Mechanics
    Show

You gain a ranged touch attack, with a bonus equal to (highest ability modifier) that deals (1d6 + highest ability modifier) damage. If the target takes damage, they must succeed on a saving throw or become engulfed in witchfire. Those so engulfed glow as though affected by the faerie fire spell. In addition, they take an extra 50% damage from fire-based effects. You gain a mana pool which you can use to make your witchfire stronger, at a rate of 1 point of mana per d6 of damage. You can only spend a maximum of (HD/2) mana on a single ability.

You can also absorb spells to replenish your mana pool. You absorb some of the energy from any spell you successfully save against. You can also absorb energy from spells that you fail your save against, but you get less. You can also drain magic from enchanted items, such as scrolls and weapons at a rate of (each spell level equals *x* and each +1 enhancement equals *x*). Spell completion (scrolls, staves, and wands) items drained this way are drained permanently, whereas weapons and armor regain their bonuses at a rate of one enhancement +1 per day.

Oh. And apparently Witchfire is a person. So there's that.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd suggest also including gaining Mana off of spells that fail to penetraste SR, if any.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

28. - Top - End - #268

Yeah, I can do that. I still need a second Fantastic Mythos, so that might work, but then I'll need to think of something else for it to do; SR by itself really isn't very interesting.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #269

Flumph

Network, Anubis didn't create the Ori. Anubis was just a scheming Goa'uld who convinced an Ascended being that he was worthy to gain the knowledge and power of the Ancients but he was kind of rejected making him kind of half-ascended. The Ori were Ascended beings but fundamentally disagreed what to do with the material beings in almost every aspect.
    I don't mean to rain down on your idea but he isn't a Progenitor.
    Last edited by Amnoriath; 2014-01-30 at 02:09 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Network, Anubis didn't create the Ori. Anubis was just a scheming Goa'uld who convinced an Ascended being that he was worthy to gain the knowledge and power of the Ancients but he was kind of rejected making him kind of half-ascended. The Ori were Ascended beings but fundamentally disagreed what to do with the material beings in almost every aspect.
    I don't mean to rain down on your idea but he isn't a Progenitor.
    First, you appear to have confused me with ShadowFireLance, since I did not mention the Ori even once in the thread (ShadowFireLance did, but the way he did implies he thought Anubis was an Ori), nor am I the creator of the banner. I admit confusing a poster with one another happens pretty often and I pretty much did the same mistake in regard to ShadowFireLance two or three posts before. Second, Anubis did take part in the creation of the Kull race (I know it was a failure, and this is exactly why I suggested replacing him with one that succeeded, but it happened nonetheless).

As for the rest, well, I already know, since I watched the show.
    Last edited by Network; 2014-01-30 at 06:27 PM.